PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Metro Sprots says "Bowe not a gutless loser"

petegz28
11-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Hughes and Baldinger both said the last pick was squarley on Palko and that Bowe ran the right route because of the safety over the top and that there was no way Bowe tips that ball.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 10:51 PM
Looked like a tip drill if he even tried
I'm not upset

Chiefnj2
11-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Why did he raise his hand to indicate he was open?

evenfall
It's a communication issue between a receiver and an inexperienced QB who isn't that accurate to begin with. I don't see why this is surprising.

I don't think Gheorghe Muresan was going to deflect that pass, it was 5 yards away from him.

Even if he does tip it, there are 4 white shirts right there.

petegz28
Looked like a tip drill if he even tried
I'm not upset

If he tried to tip that ball and even got a hand on it I would be questioning the alleged laws of physical capabilites of the human being

petegz28

I don't know, I mean, no other WR ever does that, do they?

OnTheWarpath15
Anyone with two eyes already knows this.

Sadly, our fanbase is flat-out dumb.

Lonewolf Ed
11-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Palko didn't seem to know what Bowe was going to do and way overthrew his route. I'd have been happiere with Bowe had he at least flailed his hands in the air, but at least 95% of the blame is on Palko. 6 picks in 2 games... takes me back to when Jaws backed up DeBerg. (shudder)

kcpasco
I don't even think he saw it.

Collingsworth can suck a fat dick.

Okie_Apparition
We're on the same page
just different indention styles

Marcellus
11-27-2011, 10:54 PM

He was open the ball was thrown 5 yards behind him.

I seriously wonder what game other people watch.

Had the throw been on it would have been a catch. End of story. Period.

I don't need Metro Sports to tell me this.

SenselessChiefsFan
Hughes and Baldinger both said the last pick was squarley on Palko and that Bowe ran the right route because of the safety over the top and that there was no way Bowe tips that ball.

First, the way the defense played it, he read it correctly.

However, Palko is young and clearly thought he meant he was going deep.

If he was signaling that he was open.... he wasn't.

FloridaMan88

There is a reason Baldinger and Hughes are working for a Time Warner local sports channel that has middle school-caliber production value.

Bugeater
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
I like watching sprots on TV.

evenfall
There is a reason Baldinger and Hughes are working for a Time Warner local sports channel that has middle school-caliber production value.

Your posts have a "monkeys flinging poo" production value.

KevB

They both played in the NFL. Did you play in the NFL?

Okie_Apparition
Some of Cassel's undeserved self importantance rubbed off on Failco

KCrockaholic
Palko didn't seem to know what Bowe was going to do and way overthrew his route. I'd have been happiere with Bowe had he at least flailed his hands in the air, but at least 95% of the blame is on Palko. 6 picks in 2 games... takes me back to when Jaws backed up DeBerg. (shudder)

He would flail his arms in the air, and the result would have been the same. Effort can only get you so far at times, but I guess the act of "trying" at something that isn't possible will make some people happy.

KCrockaholic
11-27-2011, 10:56 PM
Your posts have a "monkeys flinging poo" production value.

Pfft. Monkeys are smarter.

chiefscafan
11-27-2011, 10:57 PM
Palko has no clue what he is doing I've had enough with him bring on rg3 or barkley

petegz28

And there is a reason you aren't

stonedstooge
Little dude on Metro Sports wants to blow up the team

KevB
11-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Little dude on Metro Sports wants to blow up the team

Of all the things wrong, Brad Porter says he's at his wit's end because team hasn't addressed QB and .......TE. Yep, TE is the position that really gets under my skin.:banghead:

petegz28
11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Of all the things wrong, Brad Porter says he's at his wit's end because team hasn't addressed QB and .......TE. Yep, TE is the position that really gets under my skin.:banghead:

I think he is talking about the lack of depth in general.

Simply Red
11-27-2011, 11:07 PM
well momentum is virtual gravity, or close, it's hard to fight back the opposite way, that fast and far way, it was longer than his reach, no?

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh, well I guess that settles it, then. If those 2 guys said it wasn't his fault.

It was an ill-advised throw. But if Bowe ran the wrong route or checked into a route Palko wasn't expecting, that's on him.

It's not cut and dry, and we should know a little more before we say it is cut and dry.

4th and Long
11-27-2011, 11:12 PM
Metro Sprots says "Bowe not a gutless loser"
Then it must be true.
http://netrightdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Dewey-Defeats-Truman.jpg
Or maybe it's not.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 11:13 PM
It's a communication issue between a receiver and an inexperienced QB who isn't that accurate to begin with. I don't see why this is surprising.

I don't think Gheorghe Muresan was going to deflect that pass, it was 5 yards away from him.

Even if he does tip it, there are 4 white shirts right there.

I'm thinking this has a lot to do with it. If so, it's not really anybody's fault. It's still a poorly thrown ball, but there are plenty of angles to this story to say that Bowe doing one thing instead of the other could have at least made the play makeable or preventable.

KCrockaholic
Oh, well I guess that settles it, then. If those 2 guys said it wasn't his fault.

It was an ill-advised throw. But if Bowe ran the wrong route or checked into a route Palko wasn't expecting, that's on him.

It's not cut and dry, and we should know a little more before we say it is cut and dry.

Either way it WAS a dumb decision to throw at a receiver who was running into double coverage with the Safety over the top. The game was lost because of Palko. No one else truly deserves blame.

NJChiefsFan
I like how Collinsworth said Palko through a pass expecting Bowe to go deep. If thats the case Palko under-threw his spot by 10 yards.

Chiefnj2
11-27-2011, 11:15 PM
I like how Collinsworth said Palko through a pass expecting Bowe to go deep. If thats the case Palko under-threw his spot by 10 yards.

He based it on Bowe putting his hand up to indicate he was going to go deep and Palko's lips/arm movement after the throw.

KCrockaholic
11-27-2011, 11:16 PM
He based it on Bowe putting his hand up to indicate he was going to go deep and Palko's lips/arm movement after the throw.

The point is, if he thought Bowe was going deep, it was still terribly underthrown.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 11:26 PM
Either way it WAS a dumb decision to throw at a receiver who was running into double coverage with the Safety over the top. The game was lost because of Palko. No one else truly deserves blame.

It was a terrible decision. Just throw it out of bounds.

But if Bowe cut off his route, we don't know what the actual route was supposed to be. If it's a deep post, it gives him a one-on-one fighting chance at the ball. If it's a go route, it's horribly underthrown, unless Palko was making a mid-throw adjustment seeing that Bowe wasn't doing that.

My guess is that Bowe fucked up the route and Palko threw an ill-advised, inaccurate pass. I think it's very possible that if they were on the same page, they could have at least broken up the pass. If they were really on the same page, I think Bowe had a lot of room toward the outside.

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 11:27 PM

The point is, if he thought Bowe was going deep, it was still terribly underthrown.

Yes.

teedubya
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
I bet he doesn't sign with us, now... wants a trade or some bullshit.

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:35 AM

B/c he wants the ball, like all good player do. It's not his decision where it goes though. Palko needs to make that decision and he made the wrong one. Don't push the blame.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 12:41 AM

There's a reason you don't work for the local sports channel that has a middle school-caliber production value.

FAX
11-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Is there a position open for a middle school-caliber sports personality?

FAX

suzzer99
11-28-2011, 12:43 AM
I do think Bowe seems to be back to his bonehead ways a little. But yeah it's impossible to tell from the only angle they kept showing if Bowe had any chance to tip the ball. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Is there a position open for a middle school-caliber sports personality?

FAX

You have to play in the NFL for at least 7 years.

RealSNR
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
They both played in the NFL. Did you play in the NFL?Chris Collinsworth played in the NFL.

Just saying. Collinsworth is a fucking moron, and that ball was totally uncatchable. Not even Baldwin with his freakish athletic ability and long armspan is catching that. But NFL experience isn't the reason why people having their periods over Bowe not putting his arms up are idiots

Phobia
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
I do think Bowe seems to be back to his bonehead ways a little. But yeah it's impossible to tell from the only angle they kept showing if Bowe had any chance to tip the ball. I tend to give him the benefit of the doubt on that.

Impossible? Really? Bowe might be a lot of things. He might drop some balls. But if the man had a snowball's chance in hell of getting to that ball, he's 100% laying out for it. He knew the moment he left the ground, which is why he protected himself in traffic.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Chris Collinsworth played in the NFL.

Just saying. Collinsworth is a ****ing moron, and that ball was totally uncatchable. Not even Baldwin with his freakish athletic ability and long armspan is catching that. But NFL experience isn't the reason why people having their periods over Bowe not putting his arms up are idiots

CC threw out some knee-jerk reaction in the heat of the moment. I don't think DB is media-friendly. Probably contributed to CC's willingness to throw him under the bus at that point.

These other NFL players turned local analysts actually had a chance to review the play and make an informed decision. CC was spewing that crap immediately after the play.

listopencil
11-28-2011, 12:52 AM
CC threw out some knee-jerk reaction in the heat of the moment. I don't think DB is media-friendly. Probably contributed to CC's willingness to throw him under the bus at that point.

These other NFL players turned local analysts actually had a chance to review the play and make an informed decision. CC was spewing that crap immediately after the play.

^

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by Phobia

^

^

Joe Seahawk
11-28-2011, 01:12 AM
Did not look good. Not the reason the Chiefs lost or anything, but Damn... Did not look good at all to me. The way he crossed his arms looked pretty lame.. Just IMO

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Did not look good. Not the reason the Chiefs lost or anything, but Damn... Did not look good at all to me. The way he crossed his arms looked pretty lame.. Just IMO

I don't really like Bowe personally. I have every reason to have sour grapes. But objectively analyzing the play without Collinsworth babbling leads me to another conclusion.

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 01:15 AM

When he made his jump he was expecting a ball to hit him in the numbers, I don't even think he saw it sail 10 ft over his head.

Collinsworth is a dumb shit and can suck a fat one.

Titty Meat
11-28-2011, 01:18 AM
This fan base always goes after the flashy black players. They don't say shit when a shitty white guy like Andy Studebaker fucks up.

aturnis
11-28-2011, 01:28 AM
This fan base always goes after the flashy black players. They don't say shit when a shitty white guy like Andy Studebaker ****s up.

ROFL Kind of true. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2011, 01:28 AM
Why did he raise his hand to indicate he was open?Dude, you cant be this stupid.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:34 AM
This fan base always goes after the flashy black players. They don't say shit when a shitty white guy like Andy Studebaker ****s up.

Yeah. The fans love their white guys. You know, guys like Becht, McGraw, Piscitelli, Weigmann, Palko, and Cassel always get a pass.

FAX
11-28-2011, 01:36 AM
Time to face the truth, I guess.

We digs flashy black players.

FAX

Titty Meat
11-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Yeah. The fans love their white guys. You know, guys like Becht, McGraw, Piscitelli, Weigmann, Palko, and Cassel always get a pass.

Weigmann has got a pass, Studebaker, they loved Rich Scanlon, Marc Boerigter. That's just off the top of my head.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Weigmann has got a pass, Studebaker, they loved Rich Scanlon, Marc Boerigter. That's just off the top of my head.

Boerigter caught 20 passes in 2002. Eight went for TDs. What's not to love? Wiegmann catches plenty of flack by my estimation. People complain about him all the time. Scanlon was a bit of an enigma, I'll admit. Studebaker plays hard but I don't see some Scanlon-esque following. He's obviously a special teams standout out of his depth playing 40 snaps.

So you named one white guy in the past decade who got an undeserved pass. I don't think you're really on to something.

Titty Meat
11-28-2011, 01:50 AM
Boerigter caught 20 passes in 2002. Eight went for TDs. What's not to love? Wiegmann catches plenty of flack by my estimation. People complain about him all the time. Scanlon was a bit of an enigma, I'll admit. Studebaker plays hard but I don't see some Scanlon-esque following. He's obviously a special teams standout out of his depth playing 40 snaps.

So you named one white guy in the past decade who got an undeserved pass. I don't think you're really on to something.

No you just don't want to admit theres a bit of racism. Bowe gets a lot of shit for nothing.

Rasputin
11-28-2011, 01:50 AM
When he made his jump he was expecting a ball to hit him in the numbers, I don't even think he saw it sail 10 ft over his head.

Collinsworth is a dumb shit and can suck a fat one.

This, looked like he was expecting it in the bread basket and thus crossing his arms to make the catch. The throw was just off.

Joe Seahawk
11-28-2011, 01:52 AM
This, looked like he was expecting it in the bread basket and thus crossing his arms to make the catch. The throw was just off.

:LOL:

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:59 AM
No you just don't want to admit theres a bit of racism. Bowe gets a lot of shit for nothing.

Dude - I ban 3-4 people a week for racist crap on this site. I call people out to their face for dropping n-bombs. I don't have a problem calling a spade a spade (sic). Bowe drops a lot of balls. I know receivers aren't going to catch everything but Bowe is usually in the top 5 in drops every year. He deserves most of the crap he gets.

But he doesn't deserve criticism for not competing or trying hard. He definitely leaves it all on the field.

baitism
11-28-2011, 01:59 AM

Shut up. Someone getting paid millions of dollars can take a little heat. I am sure he won't lose any sleep over it.

Joe Seahawk
11-28-2011, 02:14 AM

Is Bowe black? Not sure if I've ever seen him with his helmet off.. Is he "flashy"

FloridaMan88
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM

Seriously, the race card?

You are a dumbshit.

Of course anyone who is a fan of a crap coach such as Bo Pelini and the non-factor Nebraska Hickhuskers would be expected to live down to a certain level of dumbassery.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 08:51 AM

They're right.

Unless his arms are 10 feet long.

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Well all he had to do was lift his hands to show how far off the pass was.

BUT HE DIDN'T!

The Franchise
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Anyone with two eyes already knows this.

Sadly, our fanbase is flat-out dumb.

This.

BigRichard
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM

I posted this in another thread and it is appropriate here as well...

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqBFhF4haXM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp&start=275;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jqBFhF4haXM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp&start=275;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

DBOSHO
11-28-2011, 10:57 AM
We need a gif of this play.

Wheres that horse when you need him?

ModSocks
11-28-2011, 11:15 AM
We need a gif of this play.

Wheres that horse when you need him?

You'll need a Gif with multiple angles. Some angles are misleading and show the ball being closer than it actually was.

I haven't weighed in on this yet, but IMO, that INT was clearly on Palko. It was a bad throw no matter what.

Had Palko thought that Bowe was running a go route, then that throw would've looked even worse as it would have been severely under thrown. It was a really bad throw no matter how you slice it.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 11:17 AM
You'll need a Gif with multiple angles. Some angles are misleading and show the ball being closer than it actually was.

I haven't weighed in on this yet, but IMO, that INT was clearly on Palko. It was a bad throw no matter what.

Had Palko thought that Bowe was running a go route, then that throw would've looked even worse as it would have been severely under thrown. It was a really bad throw no matter how you slice it.

QFT

InChiefsHeaven
11-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Well, here it is in multiple angles from NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d82488131/Bowe-a-no-show-on-final-play

FringeNC
11-28-2011, 01:21 PM
As bad as Palko is, I enjoy watching the Chiefs play more with him behind center than Cassel.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:29 PM
As bad as Palko is, I enjoy watching the Chiefs play more with him behind center than Cassel.

Actually agree. He doesn't stand there like a tree and take sacks with the game clock ticking down. As much as I hated Palko's INT last night, I'd much rather see that happen than the clock tick to zero while defensive linemen are pulling theirselves up from atop Cassel. How many times has that happened? In one game it happened 3x on the final series.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Actually agree. He doesn't stand their like a tree and take sacks with the game clock ticking down. As much as I hated Palko's INT last night, I'd much rather see that happen than the clock tick to zero while defensive linemen are pulling theirselves up from atop Cassel. How many times has that happened? In one game it happened 3x on the final series.

This.

DeezNutz
11-28-2011, 01:34 PM
What I enjoy most about Palko is his look of complete disgust and disdain when one of his piece of shit throws ends up in the hands of a defender. In the heat of the moment, Palko grades out perfectly in his own mind.

J Diddy
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM

Hell I didn't even know Piscitelli was white. Now I'm willing to forgive him for drinking all night before that game.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:39 PM
Hell I didn't even know Piscitelli was white. Now I'm willing to forgive him for drinking all night before that game.

He's a filthy guido. Close enough.

OzarksChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Did anyone notice that on interceptions Palko pointed his finger at the receivers? Reminds me of "I can't throw it and catch it too" Elvis Grbac.

petegz28
11-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Did anyone notice that on interceptions Palko pointed his finger at the receivers? Reminds me of "I can't throw it and catch it too" Elvis Grbac.

Hughes pointed that out last night that after every pick Palko made gestures at the receivers like it was their fault. His 2nd pick was no where near a receiver at all. Receivrs run wrong routes I agree but I can't seem to think that with our WR's playing all season and Palko playing 2 turnover filled games that the fault lies with the receivers.