PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs After the Steelers game, is Todd Haley officially on the hot seat?

HBKChiefs
11-27-2011, 11:37 PM
I've been a Haley supporter all along but I feel he is definitely on the hot seat after this game. Too many head scratchers up to this point, especially with not making a change at QB after Palko had THREE CONSECUTIVE TURNOVERS. The only thing that may save him is the whole "This team suffered too many injuries" thing and the sometimes hot defense (Which I say 99% of that credit goes to Crennel). Haley is an offense guy and this offense stinks!

DeezNutz
11-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Haley will fall on the sword for Pioli's incompetence.

kcpasco
11-27-2011, 11:39 PM
Come back Weis

jd1020
11-27-2011, 11:40 PM

Haley will fall on the sword because he, himself, is incompetent.

Bill fucking Muir?

Okie_Apparition
I believe the spread was 15+ points

FloridaMan88
Todd Haley should be fired based on the the following reasons:

1) His epic fail strategy this preseason that left the Chiefs totally unprepared for the season.

2) The astonishing # of blow out losses during his 3 seasons where the Chiefs haven't even been competitive.

3) The pathetic Chiefs offense, especially passing offense (Haley was hired for his experience as an offensive coordinator, specifically with the passing game, and this is the weakest area of the Chiefs' team).

4) Tyler Palko

Jeff Fisher as HC and Norv Turner as OC would be a massive upgrade next season.

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM

Maybe so. But he and Muir need to be gone at least after the season.

kcpasco
He ran Weis out of town and promoted grandpa Muir.

Okie_Apparition
They're letting the mentally ill out of prisons

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM
How do you know Weis didn't leave becaue they wouldn't draft him his pickle
Best Buy has it on video

HBKChiefs
11-27-2011, 11:43 PM

1) His epic fail strategy this preseason that left the Chiefs totally unprepared for the season.

2) The astonishing # of blow out losses during his 3 seasons where the Chiefs haven't even been competitive.

3) The pathetic Chiefs offense, especially passing offense (Haley was hired for his experience as an offensive coordinator, specifically with the passing game, and this is the weakest area of the Chiefs' team).

4) Tyler Palko

I've always liked Fisher but Im not so sure he is ready to return just yet. Norv, Im not really a fan of, but would still be a huge upgrade at OC.

DeezNutz
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM
Maybe so. But he and Muir need to be gone at least after the season.

Muir as OC is such as joke that it's not worth discussing. It does, however, speak to Haley's level of chickenshittery. He clearly wants total control of the offense, and rather than assume this control explicitly and opening, he puts a figure head in place.

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:44 PM

He wouldn't even be able to lift the sword.

Discuss Thrower
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM
Anyone calling for Fisher as HC: I'd like to sell you beachfront properly in South Dakota since you're obviously an intelligent consumer.

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
I voted No, as Haley doesn't have a replacement. Crennel as HC, without him being re-signed, will be a slap in the face. We'll have to slog through the season.

If Haley gets canned now, though, maybe he can work toward next season's PGA Tour.

kcpasco
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh somewhere the fat man Weis is eating a jelly doughnut and laughing hysterically.

FloridaMan88
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Oh somewhere the fat man Weis is eating a jelly doughnut and laughing hysterically.

Weis has nothing to laugh at with Florida's offense looking like shit this season.

Ming the Merciless
Anyone calling for Fisher as HC: I'd like to sell you beachfront properly in South Dakota since you're obviously an intelligent consumer.

http://www.travelsd.com/Lodging/Sandy-Beach-Resort.dr

FD
Good lord, how could anyone still think Jeff Fisher is a good coach? He is terrible.

HBKChiefs
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM

What's your problem with Fischer? He had some great teams in Tennessee. Led them to a Super Bowl (Chiefs last Super Bowl was in 1970). When is the last time we brought in a head coach with a Super Bowl on his resume? An over-the-hill Dick Vermeil who didn't understand he needed a defense as well (and I love Vermeil). Fischer could be a great fit In KC IMHO. He is great at balancing his teams.

Hammock Parties
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Are you fucking kidding me?

He's been on the hot seat since he lost to a winless team.

At this point he has no skin on his ass.

kcpasco
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Weis has nothing to laugh at with Florida's offense looking like shit this season.

Oh so you think it's just some strange coincidence that after Weis left the offense regressed back to complete dogshit

HBKChiefs
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Are you ****ing kidding me?

He's been on the hot seat since he lost to a winless team.

At this point he has no skin on his ass.

That winless team went on to win three in a row impressively and was very close to beating a strong Cowboys team in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
This is all a waste of bandwidth.

Pioli is NOT firing Haley.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
Oh so you think it's just some strange coincidence that after Weis left the offense regressed back to complete dogshit

I suppose Jamaal Charles means nothing to you...

FloridaMan88
11-27-2011, 11:55 PM
This is all a waste of bandwidth.

Pioli is NOT firing Haley.

Haley has 1 year left on his contract.

Either he goes into next season as a lameduck HC (highly unlikely), he gets a contract extension, or the Chiefs shit can him.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 11:56 PM
He had the team in the game with a WAY less than stellar Palko...

Epic Fail 007
11-27-2011, 11:57 PM
ehhhhhhhhhhh yea game plan sucked every game this yr

kcpasco
11-27-2011, 11:58 PM
I suppose Jamaal Charles means nothing to you...

Ya losing Charles hurts. But 1 TD in a month?

BIG_DADDY
11-27-2011, 11:58 PM
No, Haley is going to be back next year.

BigMeatballDave
11-27-2011, 11:59 PM
Ya losing Charles hurts. But 1 TD in a month?Have you seen the QBs the Chiefs have trotted out there?

jd1020
11-28-2011, 12:00 AM

By "he" do you mean Romeo Crennel and his D?

Bugeater
Everybody that has anything to do with the offense should be on the hot seat.

BigMeatballDave

Either he goes into next season as a lameduck HC (highly unlikely), he gets a contract extension, or the Chiefs shit can him.Well, gee thanks, Capt. Obvious.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:01 AM
That winless team went on to win three in a row impressively and was very close to beating a strong Cowboys team in Dallas on Thanksgiving.

Why should I give a fuck?

We lost 31-3 to a winless team.

That's fucking awful coaching.

Epic Fail 007
Clark should fire pioli!

NJChiefsFan
Well, gee thanks, Capt. Obvious.

:LOL:

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM

And why was a WAY less than stellar Palko out there the whole game? Because Haley didn't activate Orton and becuase Haley didn't have the guts to pull the trigger and give Stanzi a try. I just don't get it...

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Have you seen the QBs the Chiefs have trotted out there?

I think the scrub from Chicago managed a TD today. You don't think shitty playcalling has anything to do with the lack of offense.

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Everybody that has anything to do with the offense should be on the hot seat.Maybe, but imagine what the O could look like with a healthy JC and Moeaki and a good QB.

listopencil
11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
He has the injuries to blame for this season. I'm thinking they let him work out his contract and see what he does next year.

BigMeatballDave
I think the scrub from Chicago managed a TD today. You don't think shitty playcalling has anything to do with the lack of offense.I think shitty QB play, no TE and no JC is the problem.

jd1020
Maybe, but imagine what the O could look like with a healthy JC and Moeaki and a good QB.

Asking a lot with "healthy Moeaki and a good QB."

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
Why should I give a ****?

We lost 31-3 to a winless team.

That's ****ing awful coaching.

Either way, Haley was not on the hot seat after that game. Chalked up to playing a very hungry and underrated Miami team. Yes the Chiefs were awful that week but still, Miami played a hell of a game. After the Donks beat us at Arrowhead, maybe...

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Either way, Haley was not on the hot seat after that game. Chalked up to playing a very hungry and underrated Miami team. Yes the Chiefs were awful that week but still. After the Donks beat us at Arrowhead, maybe...

Whatever. It was clear to see to anyone who isn't a football retard that things were about to get shitty after that loss.

It was proof positive that the 0-3 start was a good indicator of just how shitty we are and how shitty he is.

As soon as I saw what Miami did to us I thought, "Holy shit. Kyle Boller isn't walking through that door. We're fucked."

Sure enough...

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:18 AM
Whatever. It was clear to see to anyone who isn't a football retard that things were about to get shitty after that loss.

It was proof positive that the 0-3 start was a good indicator of just how shitty we are and how shitty he is.

As soon as I saw what Miami did to us I thought, "Holy shit. Kyle Boller isn't walking through that door. We're ****ed."

Sure enough...

Yeah, no one flip-flops like you. After the four game winning streak you were shitting your pants and making "LET'S DO THIS!!!!" videos and posts left and right. Even though you gave up on this team at 0-2 and 0-3. Had we somehow beat NE and Pittsburgh you would have been back on the bandwagon because Cassel was the reason for our losing streaks. GTFO already dude. After the 0-3 start you called for Haley's head mid-game agaiinst the Colts. Two weeks later your praising him and his beard. Again, GTFO.

Simply Red
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
I've always liked Fisher but Im not so sure he is ready to return just yet. Norv, Im not really a fan of, but would still be a huge upgrade at OC.

http://i40.tinypic.com/1h55yh.gif

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, no one flip-flops like you. After the four game winning streak you were shitting your pants and making "LET'S DO THIS!!!!" videos and posts left and right. Even though you gave up on this team at 0-2 and 0-3. Had we somehow beat NE and Pittsburgh you would have been back on the bandwagon because Cassel was the reason for our losing streaks. GTFO already dude.

There was no flip flop. I was rooting for the team, but expressly indicated I didn't believe they were going anywhere.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the wins.

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
By "he" do you mean Romeo Crennel and his D?

So the offense is on Haley even though he's not the OC, but the defense isn't? Come on man. It's his team. These guys play for him. DJ said it himself, EVERYONE has bought into Todd Haley. The defense could have quite at any time and blamed the offense, they don't.

Love how one week "the game has passed Crennel by..." the next it's "Crennel's defense kept this team in the game". No, Haley's team refuses to quit.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:22 AM
After the 0-3 start you called for Haley's head mid-game agaiinst the Colts.

This is not true. I said I thought he would be fired, not that I wanted him to be fired. Look it up.

Two weeks later your praising him and his beard.

I have never praised Haley at any point this year. Look it up.

In fact, I have not praised him since last year's debacle in Denver.

Dude is a clown.

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM
And why was a WAY less than stellar Palko out there the whole game? Because Haley didn't activate Orton and becuase Haley didn't have the guts to pull the trigger and give Stanzi a try. I just don't get it...

Well, Orton did attend one practice, so he is more than up to speed on the playbook, you have me there.

This coaching staff has made it clear that it is very important to them that Stanzi sit the entire year.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:28 AM
There was no flip flop. I was rooting for the team, but expressly indicated I didn't believe they were going anywhere.

Doesn't mean I can't enjoy the wins.

Were you rooting for the team to keep winning? Because I remember you being the biggest "Suck For Luck" supporter. You can't root for losses one week (when the team is doing bad) and root for wins another (when the team is doing good) and still call yourself a "fan". If that is not the definition of "Fair Weather Fan", then I don't know what is.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:30 AM
Were you rooting for the team to keep winning? Because I remember you being the biggest "Suck For Luck" supporter. You can't root for losses one week (when the team is doing bad) and root for wins another (when the team is doing good) and still call yourself a "fan". If that is not the definition of "Fair Weather Fan", then I don't know what is.

As soon as we beat Indy I stopped sucking for Luck.

No point.

After that I actually posted "We're winning six games and there ain't shit you can do about it!"

Sadly, they won't even win six games. Need to stop getting my hopes up.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM

Dude he flip flops so much we all lost count.

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM

You're an idiot to think that Suck for Luck isn't rooting FOR this team. If this team fell back asswards into the first pick and got Luck, who could potentially be one of the greats, this team would be a playoff team and Superbowl contender for the next 12 years at least. Look at the Colts. Before Peyton, they were nothing, without him now, they are less than nothing.

RealSNR
11-28-2011, 12:32 AM
This loss belongs to Haley. Starting Palko and not benching him was what got us killed in the end.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:37 AM
You're an idiot to think that Suck for Luck isn't rooting FOR this team. If this team fell back asswards into the first pick and got Luck, who could potentially be one of the greats, this team would be a playoff team and Superbowl contender for the next 12 years at least. Look at the Colts. Before Peyton, they were nothing, without him now, they are less than nothing.

No, I'm talking about rooting to win this season, fool. Luck isn't guaranteed to do shit anyway. I'm not rooting for my team to be the worst for a whole bunch of potential. If our team was truly the worst than so be it, but they aren't.
Posted via Mobile Device

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:39 AM
As soon as we beat Indy I stopped sucking for Luck.

No point.

After that I actually posted "We're winning six games and there ain't shit you can do about it!"

Sadly, they won't even win six games. Need to stop getting my hopes up.

Yeah and before and after we beat San Diego you were talking about taking back our division...
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Yeah and before and after we beat San Diego you were talking about taking back our division...
Posted via Mobile Device

Yes, the AFC West is shitty. We were in first place. I thought perhaps we could win the division.

Then we lost to the Miami fucking Dolphins and our true nature was exposed. After that I lost all hope. It was clear what this team was. Clear that we fluked into wins due to Painter, Boller, McNabb and The Miracle Of St. Udebaker.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Haley is going no where.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Haley is going no where.

I agree. Time to get rid of him.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Double

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Yes, the AFC West is shitty. We were in first place. I thought perhaps we could win the division.

Then we lost to the Miami fucking Dolphins and our true nature was exposed. After that I lost all hope. It was clear what this team was. Clear that we fluked into wins due to Painter, Boller, McNabb and The Miracle Of St. Udebaker.
I thought it was clear after 0-2 and 0-3 to you that we were destined to Suck for Luck though???
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
11-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I've been a stalwart Haley supporter in the face of great antagonism and grave personal danger.

I have to admit, though ... after that decision to kick the FG in the fourth quarter, his arrow started pointing down.

Endeavor to persevere. After we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.

FAX

Rasputin
11-28-2011, 12:59 AM
wild cat fucking wild cat.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
I've been a stalwart Haley supporter in the face of great antagonism and grave personal danger.

I have to admit, though ... after that decision to kick the FG in the fourth quarter, his arrow started pointing down.

We're 4-7, Haley is 18-25, has been blown out in 1/3 of the games he's coached, but now suddenly his arrow is pointing down because he elected to kick a FG.

Your mind works in mysterious ways.

FloridaMan88
11-28-2011, 01:26 AM
While I think Haley should be fired, a new HC won't change the underlying problem with the Chiefs, which is the lack of talent.

If Clark was an owner committed to winning (which is doubtful at best), he'd make it clear to Pioli that it is time to inject some serious talent into this roster. Enough with the "Right 53", "Patriots Culture" crap.

Time for Pioli to get off his fat ass and and fill out the long simmering holes that have smoldered on this roster for years.

ChiefsCountry
11-28-2011, 02:22 AM
While I think Haley should be fired, a new HC won't change the underlying problem with the Chiefs, which is the lack of talent.

If Clark was an owner committed to winning (which is doubtful at best), he'd make it clear to Pioli that it is time to inject some serious talent into this roster. Enough with the "Right 53", "Patriots Culture" crap.

Time for Pioli to get off his fat ass and and fill out the long simmering holes that have smoldered on this roster for years.

You are a fucking moron this team has talent, we have no fucking QB to lead this team. You get Charles, Berry and Moeki back and add a few pieces in the offseason along with a franchise QB and we are set. But you are too fucking stupid to see that so go fuck yourself.

FloridaMan88
11-28-2011, 02:40 AM
You are a ****ing moron this team has talent, we have no ****ing QB to lead this team. You get Charles, Berry and Moeki back and add a few pieces in the offseason along with a franchise QB and we are set. But you are too ****ing stupid to see that so go **** yourself.

You are seriously too dense or dumb to realize that you just argued my point in your little hissy fit response?

Not having a legit starting QB is an example of the lack of talent I was describing in my original post.

Also even the most hardcore Pioli supporter (which would obviously include you), would admit the Chiefs are lacking in several key areas (i.e. right tackle, a pass rusher to compliment Hali, overall team depth, etc.)

NJChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
You are a ****ing moron this team has talent, we have no ****ing QB to lead this team. You get Charles, Berry and Moeki back and add a few pieces in the offseason along with a franchise QB and we are set. But you are too ****ing stupid to see that so go **** yourself.

Rant aside, if you only add the injured players and a franchise QB we are a really good team. We have some other holes to fix to be a really solid team, but just getting the QB position fixed and healthy would take us to contender level IMO. Fix the other issues like a pass rush and a RT and we would become a top threat in the conference. Of course that assumes that a QOTF would mature quickly.

FAX
11-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Rant aside, if you only add the injured players and a franchise QB we are a really good team. We have some other holes to fix to be a really solid team, but just getting the QB position fixed and healthy would take us to contender level IMO. Fix the other issues like a pass rush and a RT and we would become a top threat in the conference. Of course that assumes that a QOTF would mature quickly.

If Houston continues to improve at this rate, we may have part of our pass rush problem addressed already.

Also, it was really nice to see some inside rush from our d-line tonight. Very encouraging.

FAX

NJChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 02:56 AM
If Houston continues to improve at this rate, we may have part of our pass rush problem addressed already.

Also, it was really nice to see some inside rush from our d-line tonight. Very encouraging.

FAX

The past two games have certainly been better.

Dayze
11-28-2011, 09:15 AM
they should bring in Bob Stoops.

*runs for cover*

BoneKrusher
11-28-2011, 09:18 AM

this speaks volumes on Haley's future in KC as far as i'm concerned.

like the Defense last night but thats on Romeos clock.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
I thought Haley did a pretty good job with his in game decisions last night. A couple of points you could argue, but no real mistakes and had us in it to the end when we probably should have gotten killed. Weird time to post this thread considering the season we've had.

I voted he's on the hot seat after last night because any coach with a losing record that has several blowouts is on the hot seat.

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
This was the 1st time I said 'yes'. But only because he didn't put Stanzi in last night.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:43 AM
This was the 1st time I said 'yes'. But only because he didn't put Stanzi in last night.

I'm gonna have to say this in every fucking thread, aren't I?

He was reported as injured and only there for emergencies. Come on, people.

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm gonna have to say this in every ****ing thread, aren't I?

Well that's the big mystery.
WTF did he drop a clipboard on his foot?

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 09:48 AM

He was listed as injured on the official injury report the Chiefs have to file with the league?

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Well that's the big mystery.
WTF did he drop a clipboard on his foot?

I'm sure there's no possible way a professional athlete could be injured practicing for professional football. There HAS to be a conspiracy. Thomas Jones probably stomped on his foot or something. Only thing that makes sense.

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm sure there's no possible way a professional athlete could be injured practicing for professional football. There HAS to be a conspiracy. Thomas Jones probably stomped on his foot or something. Only thing that makes sense.

Where is the injury report that lists him being injured?

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:55 AM
He was listed as injured on the official injury report the Chiefs have to file with the league?

I honestly don't know, but from your post I'm assuming you do and he wasn't. Doesn't change the fact that it was reported by many different outlets. Injury reports are not exactly known for their accuracy, especially when the "Patriot Way" is involved. Why would they people lie about that?

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 09:56 AM

Ya your probably right. Thomas Jones has a vendetta against rookies that smart off.

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 09:57 AM

Right, and Cassel has a broken 'hand'. If Stanzi was able to walk the sidelines last night, he was fit enough to come in and play better than what we saw!

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:58 AM
Right, and Cassel has a broken 'hand'. If Stanzi was able to walk the sidelines last night, he was fit enough to come in and play better than what we saw!

LMAO It's all a conspiracy to clear the way for Tyler Palko.

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I honestly don't know, but from your post I'm assuming you do and he wasn't. Doesn't change the fact that it was reported by many different outlets. Injury reports are not exactly known for their accuracy, especially when the "Patriot Way" is involved. Why would they people lie about that?

What are all of these different outlets?

Brock
11-28-2011, 10:01 AM

That was an emergency.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Kendall Gammon reported DURING the game that he was warming up on the sideline...

threebag
11-28-2011, 10:04 AM
This should have been a public poll

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 10:06 AM
Thomas Jones the rookie breaker.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 10:09 AM
does anyone really care?

Why get so attached to these men, I dont care if it is Larry the Cable Guy as the HC if he wins a superbowl...

OzarksChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 10:22 AM

I can't believe your giving Haley the credit for having the Chiefs in the game. What did he do, make the Steelers fumble and bumble themselves out of a couple of scores? The truth is with no offense to speak of they were plain lucky to be in the game.

Coaching had nothing to do with it. In fact his coaching is probably what got them beat. I understand his philosophical differences with Gailey now. Gailey liked to score.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 10:25 AM
What are all of these different outlets?

After looking into it more deeply, I'll admit it was pretty much all twitter buzz, but I don't think that's particularly suspect considering it's the backup QB of a team no one pays attention to. It's not ironclad by any means, but I don't know why that info would be fabricated prior to the game. Maybe Haley will enlighten us in his presser.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 10:26 AM
I can't believe your giving Haley the credit for having the Chiefs in the game. What did he do, make the Steelers fumble and bumble themselves out of a couple of scores? The truth is with no offense to speak of they were plain lucky to be in the game.

Coaching had nothing to do with it. In fact his coaching is probably what got them beat. I understand his philosophical differences with Gailey now. Gailey liked to score.

So when things go right, it's all players overcoming shitty coaches and fuckups by the opponent. When things go wrong it's all coaching. Got it.

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 10:30 AM

Lame. That team last night played their hearts out for him.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Lame. That team last night played their hearts out for him.

No, no. That was all the heart of the players. Their hatred of Haley has galvanized them into a team that will try SOOOO hard but ultimately fail because Haley hates them more and sucks.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-28-2011, 02:02 PM
kentbabbKent Babb

I'm only saying the chances are better of KC getting a Josh McDaniels than a Bill Cowher. Keep this in mind when leading Haley to guillotine

Brock
11-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Lame. Half of That team last night played their hearts out for him.

fyp

Nightfyre
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
What the fuck are people thinking here? Pioli and Haley have a specific plan for the development of Stanzi and that plan does not include him playing this year. Haley not yanking Palko has nothing to do with whether or not Haley will keep his job because that is a decision he and Pioli undoubtedly discussed. The level of idiocy in these threads is astounding. With a QB, this team is a superbowl contender. Period.

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 02:13 PM
With a QB, this team is a superbowl contender. Period.

That argument is so 1995.

Nightfyre
11-28-2011, 02:15 PM
That argument is so 1995.

Well played, sir. Well played.

OzarksChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 03:13 PM
So when things go right, it's all players overcoming shitty coaches and ****ups by the opponent. When things go wrong it's all coaching. Got it.

I will admit the defense put in a great effort. If you want to give Haley credit for that so be it. But who gets credit for the offense? Haley took over the play calling after a failed 3rd down. Doesn't he get any "credit for 7 losses in 11 games? Coaches prepare a team for a

game and make a game plan. Players execute that game plan. Ultimately the coach is responsibly. There were some players that gave great effort on both sides of the ball but to say we were in the game because of Haley is a reach I think. JMO.

TEX
11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
What the **** are people thinking here? Pioli and Haley have a specific plan for the development of Stanzi and that plan does not include him playing this year. Haley not yanking Palko has nothing to do with whether or not Haley will keep his job because that is a decision he and Pioli undoubtedly discussed. The level of idiocy in these threads is astounding. With a QB, this team is a superbowl contender. Period.

Pioli - Plan?

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 03:56 PM
The defense fought their asses off that whole game. For Haley? I doubt that. Probably for Crennel. He is essentially the defenses "head coach" in this situation. Crennel is as involved with his defense as any DC in the NFL. The way I see it, Haley isn't involved in the defensive side of the team much at all. He has always been an offensive guy and he shows much more emotion in what the offense does/doesn't do every game. It eats him up inside that this offense is so pitiful. You can see it on TV.

The defense didn't fight for Haley. And the offense just didn't fight at all with Palko at quaterback. And who's to blame? I say Haley this time around...

Nightfyre
11-28-2011, 04:01 PM
The defense fought their asses off that whole game. For Haley? I kind of doubt that. Probably for Crennel. He is essentially the defenses "head coach" in this situation. Crennel is as involved with his defense as any DC in the NFL. The way I see it, Haley isn't involved in the defensive side of the team much at all. He has always been an offensive guy and he shows much more emotion in what the offense does/doesn't do every game. It eats him up inside that this offense is so pitiful. You can see it on TV.

The defense didn't fight for Haley. And the offense just didn't fight at all with Palko at quaterback. And who's to blame? I say Haley this time around...

Do you even read what you are typing? This post has as much blown smoke as I've ever seen. Crennel is as involved with his defense as any DC? WTF does that mean? There are DCs in the league that are not fully involved with their defense?

Further, Haley clearly has a relationship with many of the defensive players which is well-documented. But they aren't playing for Haley or Crennel. They are playing for their teammates, because that's the "patriot way."

So much misinformation, so little time...

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2011, 05:23 PM
The defense fought their asses off that whole game. For Haley? I doubt that. Probably for Crennel. He is essentially the defenses "head coach" in this situation. Crennel is as involved with his defense as any DC in the NFL. The way I see it, Haley isn't involved in the defensive side of the team much at all. He has always been an offensive guy and he shows much more emotion in what the offense does/doesn't do every game. It eats him up inside that this offense is so pitiful. You can see it on TV.

The defense fought hard because Haley has built a very good team culture where players care about winning. That's BS that the offense wasn't playing hard, especially if your point of reference is Bowe on the last play of the game.

Everyone on the offense played hard. They were just limited by shitty QB play. You need to watch our runs and screens and see how many linemen are downfield and how many of our receivers are going out of their way to block defenders.

whoman69
11-28-2011, 06:39 PM
No, no. That was all the heart of the players. Their hatred of Haley has galvanized them into a team that will try SOOOO hard but ultimately fail because Haley hates them more and sucks.

You know this how?

hometeam
11-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Haley has been hot/cold, one moment people are praising him for whateve rapproach hes taking, next he needs to be fired.

Imo, if they ever need to be fired, they should be fired.

Nice to know ya Haley.

Okie_Apparition
11-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Middle ground would be getting a quality OC
Though I don't know why one would come to a lame duck HC situation

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 06:58 PM
Haley has been hot/cold, one moment people are praising him for whateve rapproach hes taking, next he needs to be fired.

We have a lot of flip floppers here.

I wish people could pick a side of the fence and stay on it.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2011, 06:59 PM

4) Tyler Palko

Please shut up. Norv Turner is an incredibly over-rated OC.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll say what I said earlier.

If Haley can't win six games, he deserves fired. Injuries or not.

Anyone who thinks this offense sucks because of playcalling though is fucking dumber than the things I flush every morning though. Cassel is a joke. We don't have Randy Moss and Wes Welker and his success last season was all because Charles scared defenses stupid.

No Charles and no good RB behind Charles + terrible QB play = ineffective offense.

I'll criticize Haley's offense when he's not handcuffed to hot garbage. I'll criticize his illogical game-management all day though.

Okie_Apparition
11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
I did hear someone say(Schefter maybe). That Norv could get canned before the end of the season & someone will pick him up for the remainder of his contract to use him at OC.

I really didn't know it worked like that :shrug:

Frazod
11-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Not ready to pull the plug on Haley yet. We got crushed by injuries this year. Even with numbnuts Cassel at QB we win that game last night.

If we draft the QBOTF next year and start Orton, I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

WhiteWhale
11-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Not ready to pull the plug on Haley yet. We got crushed by injuries this year. Even with numbnuts Cassel at QB we win that game last night.

If we draft the QBOTF next year and start Orton, I think we'll be in pretty good shape.

If we draft a real QBOTF, then there's no need for Orton to start.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Either he goes into next season as a lameduck HC (highly unlikely), he gets a contract extension, or the Chiefs shit can him.

He's definitely not going into next year as a lame duck. Pioli will either extend him or fire him this offseason. I hope not, but a fraction of me thinks we claimed Orton because we're gonna fire Haley and hire McCheater, the guy Pioli wanted in the first place.

Frazod
11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
If we draft a real QBOTF, then there's no need for Orton to start.

If we have Orton (and shitcan Cassel, who I have 150% given up on), there'll be no need to rush in somebody else.

I've always liked Orton - I've seen him play several times. He's not elite, nor will he ever be, but he'll get the job done. He got raw deal when the Bears dumped him for Cutler and an even rawer deal from Denver.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 07:29 PM
We have a lot of flip floppers here.

I wish people could pick a side of the fence and stay on it.

Yeah, and you're the leader of the flip-flop bunch.

He's definitely not going into next year as a lame duck. Pioli will either extend him or fire him this offseason. I hope not, but a fraction of me thinks we claimed Orton because we're gonna fire Haley and hire McCheater, the guy Pioli wanted in the first place.

McDaniels should not be a head coach ever again. God forbid in KC...

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Yeah, and you're the leader of the flip-flop bunch.

Explain how?

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Explain how?

I already have in this very thread. You can deny it and make all the excuses you want but you flat-out jump on and off the bandwagon more than anyone. Team doing good: You are all for winning. Team not doing good: You want to lose for a better draft and fire everyone. Just go make a video and stop making yourself look like a moron with your comments.

Bugeater
11-28-2011, 07:44 PM
I already have in this very thread. You can deny it and make all the excuses you want but you flat-out jump on and off the bandwagon more than anyone. Team doing good: You are all for winning. Team not doing good: You want to lose for a better draft and fire everyone. Just go make a video and stop making yourself look like a moron with your comments.
And yet he still adds 100x more value to the board than your worthless Cassel-nutsucking ass does.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 07:47 PM
And yet he still adds 100x more value to the board than your worthless Cassel-nutsucking ass does.

You would know, you're sucking on Clay's nuts right now huh...

boogblaster
11-28-2011, 08:01 PM
maybe he needs to go .. a QB is a need and thats a understatement .. and losing our running game ... plus our D hasnt played good but in maybe 3 games .....

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 08:09 PM
I already have in this very thread. You can deny it and make all the excuses you want but you flat-out jump on and off the bandwagon more than anyone. Team doing good: You are all for winning. Team not doing good: You want to lose for a better draft and fire everyone.

This is incorrect. Currently the team is not doing well, but I have not advocated losing for draft picks.

I advocated sucking for luck earlier this year, but that is not the same thing.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 08:23 PM
I heard if you get former head coaches at the head coach, all three coordinators spots, and as QB coach the other 31 teams just concede the Lombardi to you.

O.city
11-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Haley's not going anywhere.

At this point I don't really care either way. I think he is a good motivator but he hasn't made some changes he should have made at this point in his career.

He will get a pass because of the injuries this year and I'm not gonna complain a whole lot for that. Take away Ray Rice, Ed Reed, Dickson and Flaaco and they would struggle. Not saying Cassel is Flaaco just in principle.

It is the NFL and it's next man up, but for where we were in the development of this young roster, losing those guys hurt pretty bad.

I know we could have had more depth, but there is a reason those guys aren't starters. Of course there is gonna be a drop off when you lose two pro bowlers.

I'm teetering on the edge when it comes to this f/o. If they draft RGIII or Barkley in the first round this year I'll gain some faith back.

If we draft a qb, add a few olinemen in the draft or free agency, and get everyone back healthy we could have a pretty potent offense.

So at this point I wouldn't be upset or happy if Haley is brought back or let go.