PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Would you rather lose out or see what Orton can do?

Hoover
11-27-2011, 11:41 PM
With seven loses and a difficult schedule I'm torn between wanting the Chiefs to win games or get in position to get a top draft pick. I don't expect Orton to be all world, hell if he goes .500 I'd be impressed. But deep down I'd rather rebuild for next year instead of seeing us go .500 and limit our options in the draft.

jd1020
11-27-2011, 11:42 PM
I want to see what Orton can do.

He's the only shot Cassel isn't back next year.

I'll take that over our shot at the 3rd ranked QB in the draft.

DeezNutz
As a Chiefs fan, I'm always eager to watch someone else's backup perform as our starter.

FloridaMan88
With seven loses and a difficult schedule I'm torn between wanting the Chiefs to win games or get in position to get a top draft pick. I don't expect Orton to be all world, hell if he goes .500 I'd be impressed. But deep down I'd rather rebuild for next year instead of seeing us go .500 and limit our options in the draft.

The Chiefs need to Suck for Barkley now.

Orton is not the long term answer for the Chiefs at QB.

Bewbies
11-27-2011, 11:46 PM

I'm with you. A journeyman QB that gets his ass cut mid-season is a much better option.

NJChiefsFan
I would rather lose out with Stanzi and draft a QB. If they promised that starting Orton meant Cassel is out and they were going to draft a QB then I am ok with it.

Ming the Merciless
The Chiefs need to Suck for Barkley now.

Orton is not the long term answer for the Chiefs at QB.

I agreed with this before seeing your post. However, seeing you post this makes me believe that in fact the opposite is most likely true.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 11:47 PM
THey're kinda the same thing

</post>
11-27-2011, 11:48 PM
As a Chiefs fan, I'm always eager to watch someone else's backup perform as our starter.

I would rather lose out with Stanzi and draft a QB. If they promised that starting Orton meant Cassel is out and they were going to draft a QB then I am ok with it.

Some combination of these posts would be ideal.

suds79
11-27-2011, 11:49 PM
Sure lets see what Orton can do.

I feel like we could already guess what we're going to get. A slightly upgraded version of Cassel.

That being said, even with Orton I think we could lose out.

I don't think we'll get a shot a Barkley unless we trade up. If we do? Fine. If not, even better IMO. Things are lining up nicely for RG3. :thumb:

KC_Connection
The Chiefs are going to lose no matter what, I'm afraid.

kcpasco
Is this the same Orton that lost his fucking job to Tebow?

Bewbies
11-27-2011, 11:50 PM
At this point I don't care if we win or lose. If we have to trade more than 1 #1 pick to move up and get a QB fine. Trade our next 2 drafts away, I don't give a shit. None of those picks matter without a QB anyway.

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Get used to it: Cassel, Orton, Stanzi in 2012.

Why? Orton shaved for tonite's game, that's why!

suds79
11-27-2011, 11:52 PM
At this point I don't care if we win or lose. If we have to trade more than 1 #1 pick to move up and get a QB fine. Trade our next 2 drafts away, I don't give a shit. None of those picks matter without a QB anyway.

Yep.

I felt this way in last year's draft. I just couldn't get excited about the team and their draft with Matt Cassel still being the guy.

Same thing for this draft. It would be nice to get interested again in some of the other positions if they would simply try to address the QB problem.

Everything else is secondary.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Orton is a drinker & a bad influence on that team
they'd just wind up in show south of the border

NJChiefsFan
11-27-2011, 11:53 PM

Good QBs make up for other positions anyway, so getting a solid one almost gives you a mulligan on not hitting it out of the park on certain picks. You don't need an elite Oline or elite WRs if you have a great QB.

Guys like Welker, Nelson, and Brown are good WR's but I can't believe they would be that way with a poor QB like Bowe has been.

chiefzilla1501
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
This team is playing their ass off right now, even despite the adversity. Start Orton. Continue to encourage this team to play tough. And let our young guys develop. Don't EVER send the message to your team that you're mailing the season in for draft picks.

It's one thing if Stanzi was a first round pick. We're really reaching if we're getting riled up because we dont' want to start a rookie 5th round pick.

aturnis
11-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I think if the defense plays like it has, Stanzi could win a couple. Same goes for Orton. I think if we lose out, we still miss out on Barkley.

CoMoChief
11-27-2011, 11:56 PM
No to Barkley

chiefzilla1501
Is this the same Orton that lost his ****ing job to Tebow?

I don't think it's fair to judge Orton based on the way the Tebow situation went down.

BigMeatballDave
Would Pioli even draft one in the 1st?

Extra Point
11-27-2011, 11:57 PM
No to Haley

BigMeatballDave
No to BarkleyThere it is! Barkley will be a stud.

chiefzilla1501

Probably not. This is what we should be getting riled up about. Not whether a veteran like Orton starts over Palko or Stanzi.

tk13
11-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Orton needs to play so we can learn if we need to sign him to a contract extension and draft a RT with our first pick.

Okie_Apparition
11-27-2011, 11:59 PM
You're assuming he passed the weigh in

dirk digler
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
Orton needs to play so we can learn if we need to sign him to a contract extension and draft a RT with our first pick.

lmao fuck off tk 4321

boogblaster
11-28-2011, 12:02 AM
why not ....

aturnis
11-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Probably not. This is what we should be getting riled up about. Not whether a veteran like Orton starts over Palko or Stanzi.

I believe Orton will start. I think it is REALLY important to the coaching staff that Stanzi finishes the entire season on the bench. "He's not ready" is they excuse. Think they REALLY think that is one thing that separates late round success from failure.

Think about it, will Gabbert ever rebound from this? We know he COULD be a starting caliber Qb in this league, but the odds were weighed against him coming in and succeeding b/c he ran a spread and just wasn't ready. What about Ponder, he's playing alright, but still has question marks. Will his baptism prove to be detrimental?

Bugeater
11-28-2011, 12:08 AM
I never want to see Tyler Palko take another snap as a Chief.

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 12:09 AM
Fuck Orton, until this franchise decides to draft and develop a Qb they can choke on a bag of dicks.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I'll never want them to just lose. But had we pulled out this one against Pittsburgh, I would have been very much so hopeful that Orton could get us back in the division race. Now, that is truly an afterthought. I have little interest in what Orton does as he will probably only be here for 5 starts.

kcpasco
11-28-2011, 12:12 AM
Screw neckbeard, I hope him and Cassel get knocked into retirement.

Hammock Parties
11-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Kyle Orton is vital to our cause.

He must not fail.

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/374075_295586397130945_116476271708626_1025358_1431475148_n.jpg

Brock
11-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Well, you'll be seeing a lot of Orton. Next year, too.

Simply Red
11-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Well, you'll be seeing a lot of Orton. Next year, too.

good grief, year#15 of the five yr. plan.

listopencil
11-28-2011, 12:31 AM
Have you considered the possibility that the Denver FO waived Orton hoping that KC would pick him up?

Thig Lyfe
11-28-2011, 12:35 AM

Isn't it kind of incredible that he's on an NFL team? And that the Chiefs couldn't find a better #2 anywhere?

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:44 AM
Even Brokie Croyle was a much better #2...
Posted via Mobile Device

Tribal Warfare
11-28-2011, 12:52 AM
Isn't it kind of incredible that he's on an NFL team? And that the Chiefs couldn't find a better #2 anywhere?

I honestly believe, that the only reason Palko is the number #2 is because he won't outshine Cassel as a QB.

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Fuck Orton, we need a real American

<-------------

Brock
11-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Have you considered the possibility that the Denver FO waived Orton hoping that KC would pick him up?

I don't think it really matters.

HBKChiefs
11-28-2011, 12:56 AM
Fuck Orton, we need a real American

<-------------

Hulk Hogan?!?!?!
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
11-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Have you considered the possibility that the Denver FO waived Orton hoping that KC would pick him up?I know it would be hilarious if he starts vs Denver and has a career game.

FAX
11-28-2011, 01:03 AM

He's done the impossible.

He's caused people to actually wish that Cassel would return.

ROFL

What a friggin' mess.

FAX

aturnis
11-28-2011, 01:05 AM
Even if the Chiefs lose out, they miss out on both Luck and Barkley. What would be the point? Does anyone really want Jones? Some say yes, just b/c they want the Chiefs to FINALLY take a first round QB, but if he sucks as bad as it looks like he will, do you really want to be saddled with him for the next 3-4yrs? Fuck that. Only QB I'd touch in round one, that will be available to us is RGIII. Even that scares me as he is severely boom/bust.

the Talking Can
11-28-2011, 01:07 AM
so, in year 4 of the pioli era our QB will be either Cassel or Orton...

and people think clark and pioli aren't ass clowns?

the Talking Can
11-28-2011, 01:09 AM
Even if the Chiefs lose out, they miss out on both Luck and Barkley. What would be the point? Does anyone really want Jones? Some say yes, just b/c they want the Chiefs to FINALLY take a first round QB, but if he sucks as bad as it looks like he will, do you really want to be saddled with him for the next 3-4yrs? **** that. Only QB I'd touch in round one, that will be available to us is RGIII. Even that scares me as he is severely boom/bust.

just kill me now...you just got done watching palko, son of cassel, embarrass the chiefs on national tv and you're still afraid of drafting a QB because it is risky?

what in the name of aids jesus is wrong with the fans of this team???

FloridaMan88
11-28-2011, 01:10 AM
Even if the Chiefs lose out, they miss out on both Luck and Barkley. What would be the point? Does anyone really want Jones? Some say yes, just b/c they want the Chiefs to FINALLY take a first round QB, but if he sucks as bad as it looks like he will, do you really want to be saddled with him for the next 3-4yrs? **** that. Only QB I'd touch in round one, that will be available to us is RGIII. Even that scares me as he is severely boom/bust.

Landry Jones doesn't even look that great at Oklahoma this year.

The Chiefs should find themselves in a position to draft Barkley or RGIII, as long as they don't screw things up and win down the stretch (I don't see how that is possible with their remaining schedule).

FAX
11-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Maybe it's just me, but that RG3 guy doesn't look like an NFL quarterback to my eyes. Of course, I've been crying a lot.

FAX

FloridaMan88
11-28-2011, 01:31 AM
Maybe it's just me, but that RG3 guy doesn't look like an NFL quarterback to my eyes. Of course, I've been crying a lot.

FAX

I agree and would prefer Barkley.

But if Barkley isn't there, then RGIII is the guy.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm with you. A journeyman QB that gets his ass cut mid-season is a much better option.

I'm no Orton fan but you don't think he had some extenuating circumstances in Denver? Who can withstand the pressure of performing in front of the football Jesus?

Phobia
11-28-2011, 01:56 AM

No, I don't think they would lay the best available QB out there for a division rival who is in need of QB depth on purpose. Who else was KC going to pick up? Croyle? Which... Brokie is the first name being mentioned in connection with the Texans job.

Rasputin
11-28-2011, 01:57 AM
Here is a thought. Play Stanzi.

Phobia
11-28-2011, 02:12 AM
Here is a thought. Play Stanzi.

I think they're going to wait on that guy, actually. Gonna get an offseason under his belt before they even try. What's the hurry? Develop him without pressure.

baitism
11-28-2011, 02:23 AM
I honestly believe, that the only reason Palko is the number #2 is because he won't outshine Cassel as a QB.

I agree with you. I think stank-ass Pioli didn't want a QB controversy so he just signed a random scrub to be #2 on the depth chart and prayed Cassel wouldn't get hurt. Pioli deserves 10 lashes from every Chiefs fan.

Rasputin
11-28-2011, 03:28 AM
I agree with you. I think stank-ass Pioli didn't want a QB controversy so he just signed a random scrub to be #2 on the depth chart and prayed Cassel wouldn't get hurt. Pioli deserves 10 lashes from every Chiefs fan.

Stanzi hardly got any time at all to play during the preseason. IIRC, he only played in two preseason games. Cassel played practically the entire last game against the Packers & against the third stringers our offence couldn't muster nothing to win the game.

tredadda
11-28-2011, 06:40 AM
See what Orton can do? He was waived by the Broncos and lost his job to Tebow. He has 5 wins in 2 years and we are team #3 for him. I want a franchise QB through the draft. The best way to get that is to pick high. Orton hurts those chances without being anything more than a typical Chiefs solution at QB (stopgap).

MagicHef
11-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Denver thought so highly of Orton that they didn't sign anyone after they waived him. An empty roster spot is more valuable to the Broncos than Orton.

ironhead
11-28-2011, 07:00 AM
My thoughts are PLAY STANZI,,give the kid a shot. You will learn if he may have it or not,,but he has to get away from Cassel and Orton. Then go after RG3,,he is very mobile and with our line,,our QB better damn well be very mobile or he will get killed!

Quesadilla Joe
11-28-2011, 07:01 AM
I know it would be hilarious if he starts vs Denver and has a career game.

All Denver has to do is hit Orton once early in the game, after that he will start to panic and toss INT's.

BoneKrusher
11-28-2011, 07:05 AM
The Defense played lights out vs the Steelers.
put either Orton or Stanzi in as the starter and give them a break.

Palko should have been benched after back to back INTs, wtf?

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 07:07 AM
I think they're going to wait on that guy, actually. Gonna get an offseason under his belt before they even try. What's the hurry? Develop him without pressure.

Yep, ride Cassel and Orton for the 2012 and 2013 seasons, then slowly give Stanzi some playing time in 2014.

King_Chief_Fan
11-28-2011, 08:13 AM

at this stage, we lose out and pay all the consequences that come with that.
Orton will not play a snap unless Palko goes down. Orton is there for insurance....insuring that Stanzi doesn't have to play a down.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 08:33 AM
That fact that Orton is on the team is one huge inexcuseable failure in itself...

No reason ever should that garbage take the field..

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 08:44 AM

What pressure?

Everybody knew when it was 13-9 and the Chiefs needed to go 80 yards to win it that they were GOING TO LOSE.

Collinsworth was giving 2:1 odds that they couldn't score for Christ's sake!

Stanzi had zero pressure at that point. Put him in there and there's 2 possible outcomes:

1) He either satisfies expectations COMPLETELY by throwing a pick and ending the game, just like Palko or
2) He scores and instantly becomes the most popular guy in KC. More popular than Matt Cassel. Oops, can't have that. Sit him.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 08:47 AM
What pressure?

Everybody knew when it was 13-9 and the Chiefs needed to go 80 yards to win it that they were GOING TO LOSE.

Collinsworth was giving 2:1 odds that they couldn't score for Christ's sake!

Stanzi had zero pressure at that point. Put him in there and there's 2 possible outcomes:

1) He either satisfies expectations COMPLETELY by throwing a pick and ending the game, just like Palko or
2) He scores and instantly becomes the most popular guy in KC. More popular than Matt Cassel. Oops, can't have that. Sit him.

Cassel is done in KC... You cant bring him back and have fan support...

Second... Palko made me miss Cassel and for that I hate Palko.

ChiTown
11-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Yep, ride Cassel and Orton for the 2012 and 2013 seasons, then slowly give Stanzi some playing time in 2014.

:LOL:

Mr. Arrowhead
11-28-2011, 08:49 AM
I wonder if Pioli told Haley that if he puts in Stanzi then hes fired, thats the only explanation I can think of why Palko wasnt pulled

Chiefnj2
11-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I wonder if Pioli told Haley that if he puts in Stanzi then hes fired, thats the only explanation I can think of why Palko wasnt pulled

Palko wasn't pulled because the coaching staff has made zero attempt to get Stanzi up to speed since week 2 of preseason.

suds79
11-28-2011, 08:56 AM

Why would Pioli not want one of his draft picks to get a chance to prove themselves?

As it stands now, all we can go on is to believe that Scott's QB pick is such a no talent p#$$y, he can't beat out our horrible, journeyman, 2nd stringer.

Todd sees him in practice every day.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 08:59 AM
Palko wasn't pulled because the coaching staff has made zero attempt to get Stanzi up to speed since week 2 of preseason.

It could be because our 1st-string QB behaves like a rookie alot of the time and needs constant coaching...

ChiTown
11-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Why would Pioli not want one of his draft picks to get a chance to prove themselves?

As it stands now, all we can go on is to believe that Scott's QB pick is such a no talent p#$$y, he can't beat out our horrible, journeyman, 2nd stringer.

Todd sees him in practice every day.

It dumbfounds me as well. If Stanzi was a better option, WHY would you not play him. Last night was the perfect opportunity, especially after Palko threw his 2nd pick. It just doesn't make any sense.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 09:06 AM
It could be because our 1st and 2nd -string QB's behaves like a rookie alot of the time and needs constant coaching...

FYP...

We have the worse QB's in the league bar none.

Dave Lane
11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Not interested in abOrton at all. My nitemare is that he plays at a very high level they ditch Cassel and we keep Orton and they pass on a QB and take a RT at #8.

Dayze
11-28-2011, 09:09 AM

no.

Dave Lane
11-28-2011, 09:10 AM
I agree and would prefer Barkley.

But if Barkley isn't there, then RGIII is the guy.

Do not want Barkley.

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2011, 09:25 AM
People here are delusional.

-orton is a solid starting qb. He's just not a franchise qb
-stop with the ridiculous tebow bs. Getting benched and cut was a pure political move
-ortons record is irrelevant. The broncos had one of the worst D's in the game
-enougg with the stanzi is Jesus claims. I want to see what he can do too. But we are talking about a 5th round pick for crying out loud.
-the issue isn't whether we start orton it stanzi. The issue is that we have to draft a first round qb next year

I get that people are frustrated but that shouldn't mean exaggerating stanzis prospects or discrediting orton.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 09:26 AM
It dumbfounds me as well. If Stanzi was a better option, WHY would you not play him. Last night was the perfect opportunity, especially after Palko threw his 2nd pick. It just doesn't make any sense.

Because Mr. Shoot from the Hip Haley is EVERY BIT as conservative and scared to take risks as Herm Edwards...

MahiMike
11-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Therein lies the whole question of why Orton was even signed.

What's our goal? Save Haley's job? If so, why didn't Stanzi come in last night?
Were we getting Orton for the long term? If so, is Cassel out?
Or were we just getting Orton clearance sale?

suds79
11-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Therein lies the whole question of why Orton was even signed.

What's our goal? Save Haley's job? If so, why didn't Stanzi come in last night?
Were we getting Orton for the long term? If so, is Cassel out?
Or were we just getting Orton clearance sale?

To trick us into thinking they're trying to win now and willing to spend $$.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
People here are delusional.

-orton is a solid starting qb. He's just not a franchise qb
-stop with the ridiculous tebow bs. Getting benched and cut was a pure political move
-ortons record is irrelevant. The broncos had one of the worst D's in the game
-enougg with the stanzi is Jesus claims. I want to see what he can do too. But we are talking about a 5th round pick for crying out loud.
-the issue isn't whether we start orton it stanzi. The issue is that we have to draft a first round qb next year

I get that people are frustrated but that shouldn't mean exaggerating stanzis prospects or discrediting orton.

There is nothing to discredit... Orton does nothing for this franchise now or going forward. Its a wasted opportunity if he plays. Stanzi needs to play this year, period. Cassel, Orton and Palko all need to be released this offseason and we need to go in a different direction, IE Draft a QB and play him.

kysirsoze
11-28-2011, 09:40 AM
How did Chiefsplanet miss the news that it's favorite QB is injured and only there for emergencies? How does that happen??

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Don't care, and haven't cared for weeks.

I'm fully prepared to go into next season with Orton or Cassel as the QB with nothing in the form of a franchise guy to groom behind them.

Executive of the Decade my ass. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Reerun_KC
11-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Don't care, and haven't cared for weeks.

I'm fully prepared to go into next season with Orton or Cassel as the QB with nothing in the form of a franchise guy to groom behind them.

Executive of the Decade my ass. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

And if this happens I am blaming you....

OnTheWarpath15
11-28-2011, 11:19 AM
And if this happens I am blaming you....

LMAO

Of course.

ModSocks
11-28-2011, 11:22 AM

/end thread.

Skyy God
11-28-2011, 11:24 AM
The correct answer is: Orton and losing out aren't mutually exclusive.

ModSocks
11-28-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm sure it has been said repeatedly in this thread already, but we need Orton to come in and move this offense. Palko, despite his god-awfulness, has actually pushed the ball downfield, adding to the point we've all been making about Cassel.

Now....if we had a QB that had Palko's mentality of pushing the ball downfield combined with talent, great decision making and a strong arm, we'd have a damn good offense.

Orton should at least have the decision making part of that equation, further adding to Cassel's demise.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
At this point, my fear is that the problem is much deeper than Cassel. I see an inept offensive coordinator. I know Cassel isn't all world, but the Chiefs have Breaston and Bowe.

I would like to see what he can do with Orton down the stretch. As far as I am concerned, Haley is a bigger problem than Cassel. I know I am in the minority.

Orton is seen by many in here as an upgrade. So, lets see what Haley can do with him. I don't think he is an upgrade, but if Haley can't get something going for the last three games with him... then he needs to be gone.

Mr. Laz
11-28-2011, 11:29 AM
Part of me would rather lose

But the other part of me needs to see if our offensive coaches can actually make it work at all.

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2011, 11:33 AM
There is nothing to discredit... Orton does nothing for this franchise now or going forward. Its a wasted opportunity if he plays. Stanzi needs to play this year, period. Cassel, Orton and Palko all need to be released this offseason and we need to go in a different direction, IE Draft a QB and play him.

Orton makes this team better than cassel. That's what he brings. I believe orton helps us get rid of cassel. I believe orton makes cassdl easier to trade which gets us draft picks. I believe if orton does well, we sell more tickets and get more season ticketholders next year, which gives us more free agency money. And orton is the best guy to help the other 21 starters develop as winners.

This is good for us as long as it doesn't mean we settle for less at an and refuse to draft a high value qb.

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
We're not going to draft a QB. It's just not happening.

I'd like to see Orton for one reason - somebody needs to show these pukes that Cassel has no business being anywhere this team.

Right now, Palko is bolstering their argument that Cassel should be retained. Or at least I can see where they could use Palko's play to bolster that argument.

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2011, 11:38 AM
RoAt this point, my fear is that the problem is much deeper than Cassel. I see an inept offensive coordinator. I know Cassel isn't all world, but the Chiefs have Breaston and Bowe.

I would like to see what he can do with Orton down the stretch. As far as I am concerned, Haley is a bigger problem than Cassel. I know I am in the minority.

Orton is seen by many in here as an upgrade. So, lets see what Haley can do with him. I don't think he is an upgrade, but if Haley can't get something going for the last three games with him... then he needs to be gone.

Still think you're wrong and it has everything to do with pre snap. Watch Palko tap linemen on the head, shift blockers around... These are things cassel never did in 3 years. pretty clear he relied too heavily on the play called in. He has no ability to adjust to what the defense is showing.

chiefzilla1501
11-28-2011, 11:39 AM

I'd like to see Orton for one reason - somebody needs to show these pukes that Cassel has no business being anywhere this team.

Right now, Palko is bolstering their argument that Cassel should be retained. Or at least I can see where they could use Palko's play to bolster that argument.

Sadly yes.

FringeNC
11-28-2011, 11:40 AM

I hope...hope...that Pioli doesn't need to see anymore of Cassel to know he sucks. What Orton could show us is whether Haley deserves consideration to be retained. Without some TD scoring, why retain an offensive-minded head coach who can't score?

htismaqe
11-28-2011, 11:57 AM
I hope...hope...that Pioli doesn't need to see anymore of Cassel to know he sucks. What Orton could show us is whether Haley deserves consideration to be retained. Without some TD scoring, why retain an offensive-minded head coach who can't score?

After watching Palko and listening to Haley's defenses of him and how "excited" he is to see Palko "develop", I don't see any need to evaluate Haley further. He can go.

go bo
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Not interested in abOrton at all. My nitemare is that he plays at a very high level they ditch Cassel and we keep Orton and they pass on a QB and take a RT at #8.

my eyes! my eyes!

reading that hurt my eyes... :huh: :huh: :huh:

Pasta Little Brioni
11-28-2011, 01:36 PM
I want to see Orton, because 1 TD in 45 drives is mind boggling.

Chief Faithful
11-28-2011, 02:09 PM
Play Orton! It is the best chance to bump both Cassel and Palko off the roster.

mlyonsd
11-28-2011, 02:11 PM
The only game I really care about at this point is OAK. Raider fan at work and I have a standing lunch bet for each game.

whoman69
11-28-2011, 02:33 PM
My opposition to getting Orton was that it inhibits the development of Stanzi. Now that its become clear that unless Palko and Orton are discovered fondling little children that Stanzi will not get a chance to play, I guess its time to turn it over to Orton.

Bowser
11-28-2011, 02:34 PM
How dare you not believe we can't do both.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-28-2011, 02:37 PM
adamteicherAdam Teicher

He said orton will get some snaps with the starters this week but didn't commit any more than that publicly