PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs cut Jared Gaither

evolve27
11-29-2011, 07:14 AM
Once regarded as a potential cornerstone left tackle in Baltimore, Jared Gaither is now out of a job.

Per a league source, Gaither has been cut by the Chiefs, after committing a key false start late in Sunday night’s loss to the Steelers.

The penalty came as Gaither replaced Brendan Albert for a snap, with the Chiefs driving for the win. On the next play, receiver Dwayne Bowe apparently called for a deep ball and promptly changed his route, allowing the pass to be intercepted.

We’ve got a feeling Bowe won’t be cut.

As to Gaither, he’ll be subject to waivers. If he clears waivers, he’ll become a free agent.

In Baltimore, the beginning of the end came in 2010. Slated to move to right tackle (which typically entails a larger body) so that Michael Oher could flip to the left side, Gaither showed up for camp the size of a tight end. Back problems ultimately wiped out his season, and he found limited interest on the free-agent market.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/29/chiefs-cut-jared-gaither/

bevischief
11-29-2011, 07:18 AM
about time...

Fritz88
11-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Raiders 1 , Chiefs 0

Hydrae
11-29-2011, 07:23 AM
So who is the backup LT now?

Ebolapox
11-29-2011, 07:26 AM
yet we keep anthony becht.

Marcellus
11-29-2011, 07:26 AM
Mofo was lazy from what I can tell.

InChiefsHeaven
11-29-2011, 07:28 AM
The penalty came as Gaither replaced Brendan Albert for a snap, with the Chiefs driving for the win. On the next play, receiver Dwayne Bowe apparently called for a deep ball and promptly changed his route, allowing the pass to be intercepted.

We’ve got a feeling Bowe won’t be cut.

See, this is why we lost. A penalty by Gaither and Bowe "causing" an interception. Palko was fine. Really. You'll see.

evolve27
11-29-2011, 07:28 AM
So who is the backup LT now?

I'm guessing Maneri is gonna backup both spots. Who we bring in, any guesses?

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 07:29 AM

:thumb:

Extra Point
11-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I'm guessing Maneri is gonna backup both spots. Who we bring in, any guesses?

No. But we ought to coin "Maneater" as Maneri's nickname.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 07:33 AM
On the next play, receiver Dwayne Bowe apparently called for a deep ball and promptly changed his route, allowing the pass to be intercepted.

:rolleyes:

Hydrae
11-29-2011, 07:34 AM

I lost a lot of respect for the announcers during the game when they did not recognize that Becht got in the way because he didn't know who he was supposed to block on that play. I saw it when the play was run live, watch his eyes, he thinks he is supposed to block the guy who got run out of the play instead of turning upfield and opening things up for a big gain. After several replays the announcers still didn't get it. :shake:

Gonzo
11-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Whens the ring of fame induction?
Posted via Mobile Device

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 07:44 AM
he sucks and he's a pussy

Deberg_1990
11-29-2011, 07:45 AM
With the 7th pick in the 2012 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select "Insert random tackle here"

KCFalcon59
11-29-2011, 07:46 AM
Palko just threw another INT.

suds79
11-29-2011, 07:48 AM

:LOL: Great point.

Well I suppose one good thing about this is we can finally put to bed the idea of moving Albert to Guard should Gaither regain his LT form. Was always a silly notion for where this team's need are.

Otter
11-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Print 'em

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 08:08 AM
the Chiefs signing of Gaither was another example of Pioli's greatness as a GM.

let us Bow

threebag
11-29-2011, 08:09 AM
Was this a move to add Jack Del Rio?

Bump
11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
that was our 2nd big offseason acquisition. Awesome Pioli!

it's pretty clear that Pioli has no idea what he is doing. The Patriots have been so successful for 3 reasons. 1. Falling ass backwards into Tom Brady, lucky. 2. Having a damn good HC. 3. Having an owner who cares about football and not just the business.

Pioli probably didn't have anything to do with it.

WV
11-29-2011, 08:21 AM
With the 7th pick in the 2012 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select "Insert random tackle here"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2097/2403877165_41dcdf7791.jpg

MMXcalibur
11-29-2011, 08:30 AM
Glad we saved so much money this past offseason and were able to purchase this waste of space with our food stamps.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM

it's pretty clear that Pioli has no idea what he is doing. The Patriots have been so successful for 3 reasons. 1. Falling ass backwards into Tom Brady, lucky. 2. Having a damn good HC. 3. Having an owner who cares about football and not just the business.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7817956&postcount=221

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 08:38 AM
the Chiefs signing of Gaither was another example of Pioli's greatness as a GM.

let us Bow

:spock: It was a low risk signing that many of us here liked as well. It really is not worth bitching about. It didn't work, didn't cost anything, move on.

Micjones
Gaither must've spazzed out on a coach.
Can't understand this one. We're already thin along the line.

jd1020

This is pretty confusing.

whoman69
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
How freaking bad is Gaither if he can't beat out the sieve?

Micjones
11-29-2011, 08:48 AM
How freaking bad is Gaither if he can't beat out the sieve?

That presupposes a philosophy that the "best players start".
I'm not sure that's true here in EVERY situation.
Certainly it hasn't been true with Thomas Jones.
He's CLEARLY this team's third-best RB at this point.

siberian khatru
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
"allowing the pass to be intercepted"?

Tyler Palko approves of this message.

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2011, 08:58 AM

and Palko, Richardson, Sappysuckalot etc. who have made mistake after mistake. Cassle and Pioli can go on that list too.

He sure didn't seem like the worst backup player we had on the roster that needed to go ASAP.

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2011, 09:05 AM
Pioli clearly looks at this offense and realizes, we don't need no stinking help

Lbedrock1
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
How is it that a tackle can false start once and get cut, but a QB gets a pass after throwing 4 interceptions almost back to back? If we are going to lose why not lose with the rookie at least thenn we would have an excuse other than our QB sucks.

kcpasco
11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Scapegoat

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 09:13 AM
How is it that a tackle can false start once and get cut, but a QB gets a pass after throwing 4 interceptions almost back to back?
good question.
the rumor must be true, Haley has a Hardon for Palko.

kcpasco
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Gaither was a lazy bastard that wasn't working, but I love how this franchise will throw anyone under the bus except for their shitty ass qb's.

DonkyPuncher
11-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Glad we saved so much money this past offseason and were able to purchase this waste of space with our food stamps.

ROFL

jd1020
11-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Gaither was a lazy bastard that wasn't working, but I love how this franchise will throw anyone under the bus except for their shitty ass qb's.

If they cut Palko they wouldnt be able to move Stanzi back to the inactive list. Unless they cut Gaither to keep Stanzi active.

:hmmm:

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2011, 09:38 AM
If they cut Palko they wouldnt be able to move Stanzi back to the inactive list. Unless they cut Gaither to keep Stanzi active.

:hmmm:

wouldn't it make more sense to just make Gaither inactive?

Rain Man
11-29-2011, 09:49 AM
Manieri showed that he can fill 3 roster spots. Tackle, Tight end, and enforcer.

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 09:50 AM

this

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 09:51 AM
Manieri showed that he can fill 3 roster spots. Tackle, Tight end, and enforcer.

He should have taken Polamalu's hair as a trophy.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Gaither did more to earn a paycheck than sack of fuck Jake O'Connell ever did. Pioli and Hailey must spit roast that motherfucker twice a day.

The Franchise
11-29-2011, 10:07 AM
So which happened?

A. He was never given the chance to take Richardson's spot at RT.
B. He wasn't good enough to beat Richardson for the RT job.

Frazod
11-29-2011, 10:12 AM

Double This

Molitoth
11-29-2011, 10:14 AM
I'm guessing Gaither won't be too disappointed to get out of this shithole.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM

yea, must of been more than just the false start. He must of told a coach to fuck off or something. We have players doing that same stupid shit over and over again and don't cut them.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm guessing Gaither won't be too disappointed to get out of this shithole.

yeah
he'll probably sign with a playoff team and have the last laugh.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Jesus, what an absolute disaster of an offseason this was.

Remember when everyone said "The 2011 offseason will condense the calenders and separate the men from the boys among the organizational leaders...."

Christ I hope not because if that's the case, Scott Pioli not only got exposed, he got de-pantsed in front of the cheerleading squad and then run up the flagpole by the elastic in his underwear.

What a fucking embarassment this team has been this season.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 10:20 AM
What a ****ing embarassment this team has been this season.

Yep.
and the sad part is we have a HC thats supposed to be an Offensive guru and the team hasnt scored a TD in four like games.
(i know Cassel is injured but he couldnt score a TD before he got hurt)

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Yep.
and the sad part is we have a HC thats supposed to be an Offensive guru and the team hasnt scored a TD in four like games.
(i know Cassel is injured but he couldnt score a TD before he got hurt)

Overrated because of the combination of HoF QB + HoF WR.

FAX
11-29-2011, 10:22 AM
That tight end guy is the guy we should have cut. Right through the Adam's Apple.

FAX

spanky 52
11-29-2011, 10:28 AM
So who takes his roster spot? Is it time to bring up one of the OL from the practice squad? Mims or Harris maybe.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
So who takes his roster spot? Is it time to bring up one of the OL from the practice squad? Mims or Harris maybe.

Does Jeremy Horne have a brother?

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Does Jeremy Horne have a brother?

LMAO

Jerheme Urban would also be acceptable to use in this joke.

FAX
11-29-2011, 10:36 AM
At least Haley is cutting some damn guys. This is the kind of thing I was hoping to see early on in his tenure ... either meet expectations here, or seek employment elsewhere.

I am a firm believer in the "praise in public, criticize in private" management philosophy. However, I was getting awfully tired of hearing how; "Such Andso was put in a tough situation out there and it's a team game and an 11 man operation ... blah, blah, blah".

You would think it was against the law for the Chiefs to make in-season personnel moves. That isn't exactly traditional around Arrowhead. It's good to know that somebody over there realizes that changes are necessary and a rolling head gathers no moss.

FAX

Rain Man
11-29-2011, 10:37 AM

That actually would've been kind of cool.

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
At least Haley is cutting some damn guys. This is the kind of thing I was hoping to see early on in his tenure ... either meet expectations here, or seek employment elsewhere.

I am a firm believer in the "praise in public, criticize in private" management philosophy. However, I was getting awfully tired of hearing how; "Such Andso was put in a tough situation out there and it's a team game and an 11 man operation ... blah, blah, blah".

You would think it was against the law for the Chiefs to make in-season personnel moves. That isn't exactly traditional around Arrowhead. It's good to know that somebody over there realizes that changes are necessary and a rolling head gathers no moss.

FAX

Cutting people to send a message doesn't really matter when said person isn't getting playing time and the guy in front of him seems to be getting it by virtue of default only.

It's like when we cut Devard Darling and kept Bobby Wade. Somehow I don't think that shook up the lockerroom a great deal.

Cut Palko. Cut Richardson. Cut Jones. Hell, at least cut Becht.

If you want to cut someone to send a message, how 'bout cutting one of the worthless brokedicks that are actually causing these losses.

RealSNR
11-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Cutting people to send a message doesn't really matter when said person isn't getting playing time and the guy in front of him seems to be getting it by virtue of default only.

It's like when we cut Devard Darling and kept Bobby Wade. Somehow I don't think that shook up the lockerroom a great deal.

If you want to cut someone to send a message, how 'bout cutting one of the worthless brokedicks that are actually causing these losses.This

kcpasco
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM

Lol he could wear it on his jersey like he just took a scalp.

CoMoChief
11-29-2011, 10:41 AM
because richardson clearly is the better tackle.....

god damn, what in the blue fucking hell is wrong w/ the people that run this team?

somewhere clark is laughing swimming in his money.

FAX
11-29-2011, 10:43 AM

If you want to cut someone to send a message, how 'bout cutting one of the worthless brokedicks that are actually causing these losses.

You miss my point, Mr. DJ's left nut.

The Chiefs are not particularly well known for making in-season personnel moves ... unless it's moving people in and out of the practice squad or IR. It's just not something they have traditionally done a lot of. This move, combined with the Orton deal indicate a recognition that we are holding our ass in our helmet right now.

As for "who" you cut, I'd rather cut the bastard who is doing nothing to contribute than cut they bastard who isn't doing nothing to contribute ... if you get my meaning.

There are several guys I'd like to see removed from my consciousness, Gaither is as good a place to start as any.

FAX

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:48 AM
because richardson clearly is the better tackle.....

god damn, what in the blue ****ing hell is wrong w/ the people that run this team?

somewhere clark is laughing swimming in his money.

Who's to say he isn't? Because of all the snaps you saw Gaither take?

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM

Like Haley and Pioli?

Dave Lane
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Why are the Chiefs the hand me down kings of the NFL?

Hand me down QBs and everything the Ravens cast off.

gblowfish
11-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Gaither is a poor player. Cutting him shows me two things. One, because his head was not in the game at a critical time, he can't even remember the snap count, kills the team momentum, and gives Pittsburgh time to re-align their defense, and play for the pick. Cutting him shows there is consequences to poor preparation and attention to detail. Two, the Chiefs will probably draft a tackle in the first or second round, so they only have to limp through five more games short on the line until the end of year. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade down, and pick two linemen with their first two picks.

kcpasco
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
If they take a lineman in the first that tells me they believe Cassel or Neckbeard can run this offense.

Someone please kill me

KCUnited
11-29-2011, 11:27 AM
Mims being brought up per Petro.

thabear04
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM

I thought he was on IR and we sign Jake that why...

KCinNY
11-29-2011, 11:36 AM

Sadly I agree. Prolly with a QBOTF (RGIII or Barkley)on the board.

That will make Fesco and the dumbass TRUE FANs happy.

Titty Meat
11-29-2011, 12:05 PM
Fire Haley.

Fire Pioli.

Chiefs Pantalones
11-29-2011, 01:21 PM
They cut Gaither but they won't cut Cassel for his shitty play LMAO

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 01:23 PM
They cut Gaither but they won't cut Cassel for his shitty play LMAO

because Cassel is Piolis whipping boy.

RealSNR
11-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Mims being brought up per Petro.Shut up Mimsy!!!!

philfree
11-29-2011, 01:42 PM
Big deal. They took a flier on the guy in hopes that he could return to orm if brought along slowly. He didn't so now he's cut.

58kcfan89
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Mims being brought up per Petro.

Team just sent out a press release, as well.

Discuss Thrower
11-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Gaither is a poor player. Cutting him shows me two things. One, because his head was not in the game at a critical time, he can't even remember the snap count, kills the team momentum, and gives Pittsburgh time to re-align their defense, and play for the pick. Cutting him shows there is consequences to poor preparation and attention to detail. Two, the Chiefs will probably draft a tackle in the first or second round, so they only have to limp through five more games short on the line until the end of year. It wouldn't surprise me if they trade down, and pick two linemen with their first two picks.

What about any permutation of Best Defensive Athlete available then OL?

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Big deal. They took a flier on the guy in hopes that he could return to orm if brought along slowly. He didn't so now he's cut.

In a vacuum, you're absolutely correct.

On balance, however, this was the only legitimate 'impact' move they even attempted this offseason and it went so well that he never saw the field and was made a scapegoat for a shitty quarterback.

The move itself means very little, but it's still an indictment on the overall performance of this front office.

Their performance this season has been a complete, unqualified disaster. The Executive of the Decade should shine when the degree of difficulty is raised. Instead, Pioli and his band of merry sycophants absolutely cratered.

Three7s
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Since this is a release thread and I haven't seen a post saying it.....

Well, bye

jd1020
11-29-2011, 02:09 PM

On balance, however, this was the only legitimate 'impact' move they even attempted this offseason and it went so well that he never saw the field and was made a scapegoat for a shitty quarterback.

The move itself means very little, but it's still an indictment on the overall performance of this front office.

Their performance this season has been a complete, unqualified disaster. The Executive of the Decade should shine when the degree of difficulty is raised. Instead, Pioli and his band of merry sycophants absolutely cratered.

What if Mims comes in and tears shit up, benching Richardson?

gblowfish
11-29-2011, 02:11 PM
What about any permutation of Best Defensive Athlete available then OL?

They need a tackle to replace Richardson. If they get a good one (first round) that can play left tackle, you move Fat Albert off the blind side, move him to the right, and plug the rookie in at left tackle. Weigmann and Lilja are about done, so you put Hudson at center, then look for a guard to offset Asamoah on the other side. Probably make that your second round pick.

They may be worried about how well Charles speed will be affected by the knee injury, so maybe a running back in the third round.

I'll be shocked if they draft a QB.

Discuss Thrower
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
They need a tackle to replace Richardson. If they get a good one (first round) that can play left tackle, you move Fat Albert off the blind side, move him to the right, and plug the rookie in at left tackle. Weigmann and Lilja are about done, so you put Hudson at center, then look for a guard to offset Asamoah on the other side. Probably make that your second round pick.

They may be worried about how well Charles speed will be affected by the knee injury, so maybe a running back in the third round.

Regardless of whether or not KC manages to get two choices in the 1st round?

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM

How was he made a scapegoat? I don't understand this line of thinking. Could it be that they released him simply because he sucked?

whoman69
11-29-2011, 02:20 PM
What if Mims comes in and tears shit up, benching Richardson?

If that were the case he would have already done so.

philfree
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM
How was he made a scapegoat? I don't understand this line of thinking. Could it be that they released him simply because he sucked?

There is never a decision made that doesn't have some underlying reason that only certain people can decipher.

Anyway here's the latest picture of Gaither which was taken right before he was cut.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71GBscu6H8L.jpg

whoman69
11-29-2011, 02:23 PM

There is no greater need on this team than QB. Drafting offense in the first three rounds means no meaningful players added to the defense.

O.city
11-29-2011, 02:30 PM
We have a playmaker at two levels of the defense. Basically 3 as Tamba is basically playing de.

We need depth on d. Can never have enough playmakers on offense.

FAX
11-29-2011, 02:34 PM
We do nothing, people bitch.

We do something, people bitch.

We do something else, people bitch.

I sense a pattern emerging, here.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
11-29-2011, 02:38 PM

FAX

We're a bunch of whinny bitches :facepalm:

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 02:39 PM

FAX

We point out that people are bitching, people bitch.

FAX
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
We point out that people are bitching, people bitch.

It's a crazy chain!!!

FAX

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 02:54 PM
How can they cut Gaither mainly because he made an offside when Pioli and Haley have done their share of mistakes and have done nothing so far to improve the team.

If that franchise doesn't draft a QB in this coming draft and keeps going with Cassell or Orton, that will be it for me.

Frazod
11-29-2011, 02:56 PM
There is never a decision made that doesn't have some underlying reason that only certain people can decipher.

Anyway here's the latest picture of Gaither which was taken right before he was cut.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71GBscu6H8L.jpg

Reminds me of something my ex-wife would have cooked.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 03:02 PM
How can they cut Gaither mainly because he made an offside when Pioli and Haley have done their share of mistakes and have done nothing so far to improve the team.

If that franchise doesn't draft a QB in this coming draft and keeps going with Cassell or Orton, that will be it for me.

I'm amazed at the number of idiots here that think Gaither was cut because of the false start against the Steelers.

On second thought, no I'm not.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 03:04 PM
I'm amazed at the number of idiots here that think Gaither was cut because of the false start against the Steelers.

i'm Amazed Pioli signed him if he was that bad.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 03:05 PM
i'm Amazed Pioli signed him if he was that bad.

:facepalm:

There are plenty of decisions to criticize Pioli for.

This ain't one of them.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 03:08 PM
There are plenty of decisions to criticize Pioli for.

This ain't one of them.

i guess i just thought since he dont know the difference between a Starting QB and a Backup Quarterback he was dumb when it comes to the OLine as well.

LiL stumppy
11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
Was really hoping he would pan out into our RT by next year.. Oh well, it was a good chance to take, didn't waste much, time to move on and see how Mims does.

He didn't get cut because of one false start..

Demonpenz
11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
This franchise is pathetic on a side note that would be fun to see someone call gaither lazy and fat to his face. The dude looks like the Jolly green Giant

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM

[insert pic of Powers "Curly" Boothe, "well...bye..."]

FAX
11-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Was really hoping he would pan out into our RT by next year.. Oh well, it was a good chance to take, didn't waste much, time to move on and see how Mims does.

He didn't get cut because of one false start..

He was probably laid off for mouthing off. Either that, or he was determined to be a bad influence in the locker room. Either that, or the back problem didn't respond to treatment. Either that, or he just flat out sucked.

FAX

DeezNutz
11-29-2011, 03:14 PM
Disappointing to see a guy cut for one false start.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 03:15 PM
He was probably laid off for mouthing off. Either that, or he was determined to be a bad influence in the locker room. Either that, or the back problem didn't respond to treatment. Either that, or he just flat out sucked.

FAX

what you said.
either that. :thumb:

Dartgod

FAX
It's because he caused Palko to suck and lose the the last two games. I read that somewhere, I think.

Dartgod
Disappointing to see a guy cut for one false start.

LMAO

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 03:17 PM

I'm afraid you are the idiot. Of course Gaither was cut because regardless of the offside, the coaching staff didn't think highly of him. The offside was the icing on the cake. But, if that offside didn't happen, Gaither wouldn't have been cut.

But it's not like we have any decent depth at tackle and there are many backups on this team who have been really shitty this year but they didn't get cut.

If the team actually cut Gaither before that offside or later in the season, I would have cared a bit less. I mean, he was earning the base salary.

Cassell has been awful and awful game after game, same for McGraw, same for Pope, same for Jones, ... but they didn't get cut despite earning a higher salary than Gaither. Cassell is a bit of another story but why didn't the others get cut??

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:20 PM
How the hell would you know Gaither would still be here if he didn't false start?

Maybe Mims was impressing in practice and Gaither has been horrible. Thats the only logical explanation for him not starting at RT.

This isn't the same situation with Stanzi, because Gaither is not a rookie.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm afraid you are the idiot. Of course Gaither was cut because regardless of the offside, the coaching staff didn't think highly of him. The offside was the icing on the cake. But, if that offside didn't happen, Gaither wouldn't have been cut.
You don't know that, hence your and idiot.

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 03:23 PM
[insert pic of Powers "Curly" Boothe, "well...bye..."]

LOL, I'm actually a pretty big Chiefs fan now but I'll have the last laugh if this team keeps going with Cassell for many more years of mediocrity.

philfree
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
How the hell would you know Gaither would still be here if he didn't false start?

Maybe Mims was impressing in practice and Gaither has been horrible. Thats the only logical explanation for him not starting at RT.

I'm saying that Gaither just doesn't have the work ethic to get past his back problems and the false start was the nail in the coffin. :shrug: Time to see what Mimms can do if he get's on the field. They should start him over Richardson.

FAX
11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Or, he was cut on account of an off-sides penalty at a crucial moment in a game.

I'm okay with that, too.

In fact, I think we should cut everybody who makes a false start. I also think we should cut any tight end who tackles our ball carrier in our own backfield when there's nothing but green grass in front of him and the game is on the line and we need the damn first down.

FAX

DJ's left nut
11-29-2011, 03:27 PM

The timing is suspect, no?

And fine, remove that element from it if you'd like. The fact still remains that the closest we had to an 'impact' signing this offseason (apart from a treadless Kelly Gregg, I guess) just got cut before December even got here.

Maybe he truly was this awful all season and they just now decided that it's time to be rid of him....is that really any better?

The roster management this year has been nothing short of pathetic.

Frosty
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM

It's also possible that another team was sniffing around the Chiefs' practice squad and the Chiefs were afraid of losing Mims. It is pretty clear that Gaither wore out his welcome so was the obvious choice to go.

FAX
11-29-2011, 03:28 PM
It's also possible that another team was sniffing around the Chiefs' practice squad and the Chiefs were afraid of losing Mims. It is pretty clear that Gaither wore out his welcome so was the obvious choice to go.

That's a pretty good theory, right there.

FAX

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM

That would fall in line with Mims impressing in practice.

Frosty
11-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Or, he was cut on account of an off-sides penalty at a crucial moment in a game.

If the Chiefs were to cut a player for a stupid penalty at the wrong time, O'connell would be so cut that his body would never be found.

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 03:32 PM

WTF, Jared Gaither was cut two days after appearing on one play on our final drive for the win and made an offside and thinking he wouldn't have been cut had he not made the offside is illogic??

You can say that the team was ready to cut him at anytime but it certainly makes sense to think the offside was the final straw for the coaching staff.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:33 PM
WTF, Jared Gaither was cut two days after appearing on one play on our final drive for the win and made an offside and thinking he wouldn't have been cut had he not made the offside is illogic??

You can say that the team was ready to cut him at anytime but it certainly makes sense to think the offside was the final straw for the coaching staff.

Thinking 1 false start that happens at least 5 times a game gets someone cut is the furthest thing from logic.

Gaither was cut because he sucked. The end.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
The timing is suspect, no?

And fine, remove that element from it if you'd like. The fact still remains that the closest we had to an 'impact' signing this offseason (apart from a treadless Kelly Gregg, I guess) just got cut before December even got here.

Maybe he truly was this awful all season and they just now decided that it's time to be rid of him....is that really any better?

The roster management this year has been nothing short of pathetic.
Don't disagree with any of that. Pioli (Hunt?) are completely responsible for the lack of talent on the depth chart. I just don't agree that Gaither was a scapegoat or the timing is suspect.

He simply sucked, provided no value to the team and they cut him.

I agree the same should be said of Palko, but we all know that Stanzi's not seeing the field this year, barring multiple injuries now.

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 03:37 PM
Thinking 1 false start that happens at least 5 times a game gets someone cut is the furthest thing from logic.

Gaither was cut because he sucked. The end.

Wow. Ok Gaither was cut because he sucked first and foremost and the offside was the final straw ('the last in a series of unpleasant events which finally makes you feel that you cannot continue to accept a bad situation'').

What part do you not understand??

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Wow. Ok Gaither was cut because he sucked first and foremost and the offside was the final straw ('the last in a series of unpleasant events which finally makes you feel that you cannot continue to accept a bad situation'').

The part where he was cut because of a false start.

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 03:48 PM

The fact that you keep calling it offsides (most commonly a defensive penalty) instead of the correct term (false start) tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game of American football.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:50 PM
That false start didn't even cost the Chiefs the game. It happened on first down.

It wasn't like he came in for 1 play on 3rd and 3 and false started to bring up 3rd and 8, forcing Palko to throw deep and getting intercepted.

Micjones
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm wondering what happens to this roster spot.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 03:51 PM
I'm wondering what happens to this roster spot.

It's already been filled?

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 04:05 PM
The part where he was cut because of a false start.

You're a lost cause. Nobody in the history of the NFL has ever been cut just because of a false start. Everyone knows that, even someone retarded.

When someone says: ''Gaither got cut because of an false start''. You have to read between the lines and understand that means he was cut because he was not doing the job at all and the false start on the winning drive was the final straw. Get it now???

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 04:06 PM
The fact that you keep calling it offsides (most commonly a defensive penalty) instead of the correct term (false start) tells me all I need to know about your knowledge of the game of American football.

Lol you're a joke.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
You're a lost cause. Nobody in the history of the NFL has ever been cut just because of a false start. Everyone knows that, even someone retarded.

But, if that offside didn't happen, Gaither wouldn't have been cut.

Sup.

The Franchise
11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
We signed David Mims off of the practice squad.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
LMAO they cut gaither after 1 false start, but palko has 7 turnovers in 2 games and Haley says he still the starter

jd1020
11-29-2011, 04:12 PM
LMAO they cut gaither after 1 false start, but palko has 7 turnovers in 2 games and Haley says he still the starter

If Haley starts Palko this week then Clark and Pioli need to walk down on the field and remove him of his duty. Promote Zorn. Call a timeout. And send Orton on the field.

Buckweath
11-29-2011, 04:17 PM
Sup.

OK you'll just never understand.

Titty Meat
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Didn't Gathier have a few penalties this year despite barely playing?

Dartgod
11-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Lol you're a joke.

I got you to use the correct terminology. My work here is done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Micjones
11-29-2011, 04:33 PM
It's already been filled?

With David Mims. I forgot I read that this morning.
My bad.

DBOSHO
11-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Has anyone posted that Mims was promoted to the active roster?

(hey, we landed on the moon)

BossChief
11-29-2011, 05:09 PM
When you come into a game and on the first play false-start, that is all you need to know to ascertain that Gaither was ill-prepared for action and that is a clear cut sign of laziness through the week.

That was the reason he was let go in Baltimore.

Also, Id like to add that for a young player like Gaither to be already having back problems, that is either hereditary or he just doesn't prepare his body correctly for this type of sport....again, lazy.

Couple that with the fact that the coaches seemingly like Mims because of his work ethic coupled with his size and this was a foreseable move that makes sense.

They were tired of Gaither and thought Mims was ready and they didn't want to chance losing him to another team.

Its too bad, I was hoping Gaither would change his ways and make a serious career here.

FAX
11-29-2011, 05:13 PM
I would just like to mention that I really like that Milla chick's dress in that Resident Evil movie when the Swat team guys break the windows and a giant breeze enters the hallway.

FAX

Okie_Apparition
11-29-2011, 06:22 PM
I have heard the term "transaction Tuesday" a few times
something to do with the waiver wire..

Bwana
11-29-2011, 06:56 PM
No great loss. The guy was a speed bump, at best.

FAX
11-29-2011, 06:57 PM
Actually, her wake-up-in-the-hospital-with-wires-stuck-to-her-head outfit is even better.

FAX

O.city
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Well, as I was walking in our townhouse this evening, I got to congratulate David on being signed to the 53 man roster and offically becoming an NFL player. Twas pretty cool that we both got home at the same time.

The other day I had a convo with Justin Houston as he was leaving Davids house. Pretty cool

BossChief
11-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, as I was walking in our townhouse this evening, I got to congratulate David on being signed to the 53 man roster and offically becoming an NFL player. Twas pretty cool that we both got home at the same time.

The other day I had a convo with Justin Houston as he was leaving Davids house. Pretty cool

What did you say to Houston that made him play so well against Pittsburgh?

Can you ask Mims to take Palko out in "Thomas Jones" fashion.

thanks.

O.city
11-29-2011, 07:55 PM
What did you say to Houston that made him play so well against Pittsburgh?

Can you ask Mims to take Palko out in "Thomas Jones" fashion.

thanks.

Yeah it was before they went to NE a few weeks ago. He was a pretty cool dude.

And Mims is a big SOB. Really nice guy. My wife made him some cookies a few weeks ago and he brought back the tupperware thing washed. Surprised me.

HMc
11-29-2011, 08:06 PM

When someone says: ''Gaither got cut because of an false start''. You have to read between the lines and understand that means he was cut because he was not doing the job at all and the false start on the winning drive was the final straw. Get it now???

I think what people are attempting to drill into you is that we have no way of knowing whether the false start influenced their decision or not. Perhaps the false start was a non-issue for them? Maybe he'd have been kept around if they didn't want to sign the guy from the PS to the active roster?

boogblaster
11-29-2011, 09:26 PM
hummmmmmmmmm ....

FAX
11-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Come to think of it, her hospital outfit reminds me a lot of her re-constitution attire in that movie where she was an Element and fell in love with the guy who played the guy in that movie where the terrorists took over the office building and he kicked their asses single-handedly.

FAX

Boon
11-29-2011, 10:51 PM
Pioli will be the backup tackle.
Show them how it's done.

crossbow
11-30-2011, 01:43 AM
It is a shrewd tactical move. They can try Dexter McCluster at right tackle now.

Rausch
11-30-2011, 02:03 AM
I think what people are attempting to drill into you is that we have no way of knowing whether the false start influenced their decision or not. Perhaps the false start was a non-issue for them? Maybe he'd have been kept around if they didn't want to sign the guy from the PS to the active roster?

Word probably spread and that sealed the deal with Pioli...

SenselessChiefsFan
11-30-2011, 07:23 AM
KC Start today mentions communications issues and miscues on offense. It goes on to say that Gaither was cut to send a message about mental mistakes not being accepted anymore.

Hmmm.

Other Headline: Haley praises Palko.

The story on offensive miscues also mentions things like coaches forgetting to turn on their mic, fuzzy headsets, and other excuses.

Does anyone remember these offensive miscues last year when the Chiefs had a real OC?

I am sure glad they cut a backup tackle for having a false start. That should really set the tone that mistakes will not be tolerated.

Unless of course, you are Palko whom the coach really likes. Or a geriatric offensive coordinator. I mean, how can we expect someone that old to pay attention to things like Mic on/off switches.

I can't wait till this staff is run out of town. I hope it is soon.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-30-2011, 08:13 AM
The Patriot Way is all about accountability, and in no way tolerates any kind of cronyism.

Easy 6
11-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Who gives a fat babys ass why him & not someone else?

Some jackoff got cut from an undermanned line on a woeful team, its a wasted season anyway, who cares.

InChiefsHeaven
11-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Who gives a fat babys ass why him & not someone else?

Some jackoff got cut from an undermanned line on a woeful team, its a wasted season anyway, who cares.

We need something to bitch about of course. It's what we do...

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-30-2011, 03:38 PM
ChargersPRguyBill Johnston

In need of depth on the O-line, SD picks up T Jared Gaither off waivers from KC and places T Marcus McNeill on reserve-injured.

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
ChargersPRguyBill Johnston

In need of depth on the O-line, SD picks up T Jared Gaither off waivers from KC and places T Marcus McNeill on reserve-injured.

LMAO

Watch him play like the 2nd coming of Jonathan Odgen the last 5 games.

notorious
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
We need something to bitch about of course. It's what we do...

We're not happy unless we are upset.

The Franchise
11-30-2011, 04:05 PM
LMAO

I'm counting on it.

gblowfish
11-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Too bad we're done with San Diego. Tamba Hali would beat Gaither like a rented mule.

ModSocks
11-30-2011, 04:08 PM
LMAO

It's what I am fully expecting to happen. Stupid move by the Chiefs. There was absolutely no reason to cut this guy. Fucking moronic.

gblowfish
11-30-2011, 04:10 PM
I disagree. Dude sucks. Might as well cut bait with him now, he's not going to last with San Diego either.

SAUTO
11-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I disagree. Dude sucks. Might as well cut bait with him now, he's not going to last with San Diego either.

this, i wanted so bad for him to be great for us but he wasnt.

he showed that he couldnt be counted on when needed, the false start the other night just another in the line of mis-cues he had in his limited playing time.

funny how many were ready to cut the guy after the first couple of weeks in the season and are now mad we cut him...

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2011, 07:31 PM
It's what I am fully expecting to happen. Stupid move by the Chiefs. There was absolutely no reason to cut this guy. Fucking moronic.

I only have a problem with it if he was cut to "make a point".

Certain guys have played like shit for games and seasons at a time, and they're safe.

He's not really going to be missed.

O.city
11-30-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm pretty god damn sick of this front office doing shit like this, if indeed he was cut to make a point.

If you are cutting guys to make a point, and it's true Piscatelli was out partying before game night and brought back, Scott Pioli can shove it up his ass.

I'm so tired of preaching one thing and doing another.

JCharles1981
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
My gosh! Will people STOP blaming Dwayne Bowe for the late 4th quarter interception thrown by Palko in last Sunday night's game? What did they expect Bowe to do, leap 3 feet in the air above the 4 or 5 defenders surrounding the pass, and then shift to his right midway to catch the ball? He's not superhuman for crying out loud. Palko was exhibiting Steve Bono-like reflexes. He took a 5 step drop, ignored the open receiver, and instead passed to a receiver that was in triple coverage.

BossChief
11-30-2011, 10:35 PM
My gosh!

ROFL

TEX
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
My gosh! Will people STOP blaming Dwayne Bowe for the late 4th quarter interception thrown by Palko in last Sunday night's game? What did they expect Bowe to do, leap 3 feet in the air above the 4 or 5 defenders surrounding the pass, and then shift to his right midway to catch the ball? He's not superhuman for crying out loud. Palko was exhibiting Steve Bono-like reflexes. He took a 5 step drop, ignored the open receiver, and instead passed to a receiver that was in triple coverage.

Exactly! It's all because stupid Chris Collingsworth overreacted.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 12:02 PM
He's starting today for San Diego.

MIAdragon
12-04-2011, 12:11 PM
He's starting today for San Diego.

how the guy didn't see the field for us is stunning.