PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Current Draft Order

Chiefnj2
11-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Good news, KC is sitting pretty to draft a tackle.

1. Indy
2. St Louis
3. Minnesota
4. Jacksonville
5. Carolina
6. Miami
7. Washington
8. Arizona
9. Philadelphia
10. Kansas City.
11. Seattle
12. Cleveland
13. San Diego
14. Tampa Bay

Teams 7-14 are all 4-7 at the moment.

Scorp
11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
RGIII

Bump
11-29-2011, 08:26 AM
perfect spot to take RGIII

DO IT

talastan
11-29-2011, 08:27 AM
RGIII

THIS x 11eleventy billion!!!!!1111!OMG

Oh wait Pioli is drafting......:sulk:

the Talking Can
we need to lose

jd1020
perfect spot to take RGIII

DO IT

Sure. If he were on the board, but he wont be.

Indy
Miami
Washington

BoneKrusher
over the next five weeks we have the toughest schedule so the Chiefs should move into the top 5.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:29 AM
over the next five weeks we have the toughest schedule so the Chiefs should move into the top 5.

I don't see it. Having the toughest schedule is a positive and a negative. You have a better chance to lose out, but you also lose any tie break.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't see it. Having the toughest schedule is a positive and a negative. You have a better chance to lose out, but you also lose any tie break.

true, but there's at least three teams in this top ten that will not pick a QB.

(Rams, Panthers and Vikings)

KC_Lee
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
we need to lose

I don't think that will be a problem over the next few weeks. :thumb:

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
true, but there's at least three teams in this top ten that will not pick a QB.

(Rams, Panthers and Vikings)

Whats your point? There are 3 teams that WILL. No. I'm not including the Chiefs who occupy the last spot on the list.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Whats your point? There are 3 teams that WILL. No. I'm not including the Chiefs who occupy the last spot on the list.

my point is with the Schedule we could move ahead of one of those three teams. (Colts excluded)

Chiefnj2
11-29-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm concerned Orton leads KC to a victory against the Broncos.

BoneKrusher
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM

in that Case it would be worth it. :thumb:

suds79
11-29-2011, 08:39 AM
1. Indy - Luck
2. St Louis - Non QB pick
3. Minnesota - Non QB pick
4. Jacksonville - Non QB pick
5. Carolina - Non QB pick
6. Miami - Barkley
7. Washington - RG3 or Jones (sh!t) Lets hope it's Jones
8. Arizona - Non QB pick? Maybe? They have Kolb & Skelton
9. Philadelphia - Non QB pick
10. Kansas City. - RG3 if he's there. BOOM!

Chiefs better make any moves to move up if there's a guy they're targeting. Or pry away Mallett from NE. I was high on him last year.

But then that'd just be more of the same strategy that has never worked. :(

evolve27
11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
RG3 or the doom train rolls on for decades.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:41 AM
1. Indy - Luck
6. Miami - Barkley

Chiefs better make any moves to move up if there's a guy they're targeting. Or pry away Mallett from NE. I was high on him last year.

Ya! Lets go after a 3rd round QB who looked good in 1 preseason game! QBotF!!!!!!!

Pasta Little Brioni

.....and??? I'd love it if he ended Denver's playoff chances. Never really given a fuck about "losing for draft position :whackit:"

Bump

Indy
Miami
Washington

well losing out is almost a certainty for us. Miami has been doing well and who knows about Washington. We could still drop down and be able to take him. If Luck, Barkley and RGIII are all gone by our pick, we still better take a QB. I don't even care at this point, take one, anyone other than Landry Jones.

Red Beans

After watching Mallet at Arkansas quite a bit, the kid has no heart, and he can't win big games, folds under pressure.

We don't want the kid, he's a bit of a head case...

suds79
11-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Ya! Lets go after a 3rd round QB who looked good in 1 preseason game! QBotF!!!!!!!

Not my first choice either. If you're on the bandwagon of make any moves necessary to move up and get the QB you want? I'm fine with that. In fact I would prefer that.

But if Barkley & RG3 are gone by the time we pick and we don't move up? What do you do? Begin to reach?

Saulbadguy
11-29-2011, 08:44 AM
jesus. Need to keep losing games.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:45 AM
Not my first choice either. If you're on the bandwagon of make any moves necessary to move up and get the QB you want? I'm fine with that. In fact I would prefer that.

But if Barkley & RG3 are gone by the time we pick and we don't move up? What do you do? Begin to reach?

Trade down to late first and grab Tannehill while picking up another 2nd/3rd/whatever.

loochy
11-29-2011, 08:46 AM
.....and??? I'd love it if he ended Denver's playoff chances. Never really given a fuck about "winning in the future or long term success :whackit:"

FYP

suds79
11-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Trade down to late first and grab Tannehill while picking up another 2nd/3rd/whatever.

If you can find a trading partner fine. I've said several times before that I just need to see if the Chiefs have the guts to draft a QB in the first.

evolve27

How do the QB's rank up after RGIII?

SenselessChiefsFan
1. Indy - Luck
6. Miami - Barkley

I am fine with RG3 or Jones. I probably like Jones a little better, but that is because I am old school. I like drop back passers that are tall enough to see the entire field.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM
I am fine with RG3 or Jones. I probably like Jones a little better, but that is because I am old school. I like drop back passers that are tall enough to see the entire field.

Accuracy > height.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-29-2011, 08:51 AM

I like Tannehill or Jones much better than Barkley and I like Jones a little more than I like RG3.

Chiefnj2
11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
1. Indy - Luck
6. Miami - Barkley

(

I wouldn't necessarily rule out Jax from taking a QB. New head coach might want his own QB.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 08:53 AM
FYP

You're right. There are never any elite players found in the early middle of the 1st round :rolleyes:

WE MUST GO LOSE TO WIN!!!!

jd1020
11-29-2011, 08:54 AM
If you can find a trading partner fine. I've said several times before that I just need to see if the Chiefs have the guts to draft a QB in the first.

I'd even explore drafting Blackmon if he's there when we pick and trading Bowe to the Browns for one of their 1st round picks.

suds79
11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't necessarily rule out Jax from taking a QB. New head coach might want his own QB.

I suppose it's possible but I find it hard to believe that the owner or GM would let a new coach give up on the #11 overall pick form just last year already.

loochy
11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
You're right. There are never any elite players found in the early middle of the 1st round :rolleyes:

WE MUST GO LOSE TO WIN!!!!

Not for us and not QBs. Actually, come to think of it, we don't find elite players in the early 1st round either.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 08:59 AM
Not for us and not QBs. Actually, come to think of it, we don't find elite players in the early 1st round either.

There's the rub. If the GM of this team continues to make bad personnel decisions, we are fucked regardless. Draft AND develop.

The team will be in position to get a QB if they want one.

loochy
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
There's the rub. If the GM of this team continues to make bad personnel decisions, we are fucked regardless.

The team will be in position to get a QB if they want one.

RAWRAGGGHHH this team makes me want to hang myself

58-4ever
11-29-2011, 09:03 AM

Indy
Miami
Washington

This is exactly what I was thinking. We need to keep starting Palko if we to have any shot at RGIII

Fat Elvis
11-29-2011, 09:07 AM
.....and??? I'd love it if he ended Denver's playoff chances. Never really given a **** about "losing for draft position :whackit:"

Having crappy draft positions is why "ending Denver's (or Raiders') playoff chances" have been our Super Bowl the past 40 years....and succeeding in ending thier playoff chances are why we keep getting crappy draft positions....

Let them kick our ass for one year, draft a franchise QB and then let us kick EVERYONE's asses for 10 years.

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 09:10 AM
we have to lose

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Having crappy draft positions is why "ending Denver's (or Raiders') playoff chances" have been our Super Bowl the past 40 years....and succeeding in ending thier playoff chances are why we keep getting crappy draft positions....

Let them kick our ass for one year, draft a franchise QB and then let us kick EVERYONE's asses for 10 years.

*sigh* Please continue reading the thread. The last 2 times the team had very high picks it landed 2 5 techs. If you can draft and develop, "draft position" is meaningless. Luck is out of the equation and he's the only guy I REALLY wanted.

Bad drafting decisions and a lack of player development is the reason behind no Super Bowls in 40years not draft position.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 09:17 AM

Right now, these strength of schedule numbers are based on the full seasons schedule meaning that all of the AFC West teams are factored in twice, and the Bears, Jets, and Packers records are in as well.

We still could use as many teams getting to 5 wins as we possibly can just to be on the safe side.

kcpasco
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
LOL

At dream team Philly at 9.

Micjones
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Something tells me ownership won't want to invest another #1 on a QB.
Even with a new HC.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 09:23 AM
Right now, these strength of schedule numbers are based on the full seasons schedule meaning that all of the AFC West teams are factored in twice, and the Bears, Jets, and Packers records are in as well.

We still could use as many teams getting to 5 wins as we possibly can just to be on the safe side.

If I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs are tied for 3rd right now in SOS with the hardest SOS to finish out the season.

suds79
11-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Just just looked at records. Looks like the SOS is going to play in.

Every game is big from here on out. A lot of movement can still happen.

1. Indy (0-11)
2. St Louis (2-9)
3. Minnesota (2-9)
4. Jacksonville (3-8)
5. Carolina (3-8)
6. Miami (3-8)
7. Washington (4-7)
8. Arizona (4-7)
9. Philadelphia (4-7)
10. Kansas City (4-7)
11. Seattle (4-7)
12. Cleveland (4-7)
13. San Diego (4-7)
14. Tampa Bay (4-7)

Extra Point
11-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Keenum in the third or fourth. That's as close as it's gonna get, if Pioli lives up the the "Draft a QB each Draft" statement.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 09:28 AM
Keenum in the third or fourth. That's as close as it's gonna get, if Pioli lives up the the "Draft a QB each Draft" statement.

Keenum? He'll be lucky to be drafted.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 09:29 AM
Move up to the 2 spot for Barkley if he comes out. Looks like the best chance to land a legit QB.

Coogs
If I'm not mistaken, the Chiefs are tied for 3rd right now in SOS with the hardest SOS to finish out the season.

Here is the order from GBN with the numbers listed for strength of schedule for all of the teams with 4 wins or less...

1 Indianapolis 0-11 .540
2 St. Louis 2-9 .574
3 Minnesota 2-9 .574
4 Jacksonville 3-8 .494
5 Carolina 3-8 .511
6 Miami 3-8 .523
7 Washington 4-7 .455
8 Arizona 4-7 .472
9 Philadelphia 4-7 .506
10 Kansas City 4-7 .517
11 Seattle 4-7 .523
12 Cleveland 4-7 .523
13 San Diego 4-7 .534
14 Tampa Bay 4-7 .545

Again, our number includes the records of opponents for our last 5 games of the season.

the Talking Can
*sigh* Please continue reading the thread. The last 2 times the team had very high picks it landed 2 5 techs. If you can draft and develop, "draft position" is meaningless. Luck is out of the equation and he's the only guy I REALLY wanted.

Bad drafting decisions and a lack of player development is the reason behind no Super Bowls in 40years not draft position.

not drafting a QB is the reason....

and if luck is the only QB you're willing to draft, you're part of the problem...

30 god damn years and people are still complaining about QBs not being 'good enough' for this piece of shit joke of a franchise to draft...

MahiMike
11-29-2011, 09:30 AM
To quote George Jefferson:

"We're moo oovin on uppp, to the west side...."

Chief Faithful
11-29-2011, 09:33 AM
There is a good chance this team will end up in top 5.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM
not drafting a QB is the reason....

and if luck is the only QB you're willing to draft, you're part of the problem...

30 god damn years and people are still complaining about QBs not being 'good enough' for this piece of shit joke of a franchise to draft...

:spock: Not drafting a QB falls under bad decision making spanky. Read a few posts up from yours and you'll see I like Barkley as well. I've posted here enough not to get this bullshit true fan card thrown at me.

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2011, 09:34 AM

Indy
Miami
Washington

Not to mention that Jacksonville and Minn could very well draft a QB if a good one is still there when they pick.

They could have new coaches who want to pick their own guy, or could feel with the new CBA it is not as big an investment. It is not like either team has solved their QB problem or has depth at the position.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Not to mention that Jacksonville and Minn could very well draft a QB if a good one is still there when they pick.

They could have new coaches who want to pick their own guy, or could feel with the new CBA it is not as big an investment. It is not like either team has solved their QB problem or has depth at the position.

Jacksonville, mayyyyyyyyyyyybe.

Ponder has been better than McNabb so I don't see them drafting another QB. They'll likely go with a OT or WR.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Can, the whole point is that the GM of this team needs to make better personnel decisions. Whether that be picking in the middle of the 1st or top of the 1st. If there is a QB available, there is no excuse why they can't make a move up to get him. Makes no sense to root for the team to lose out and they take a damn RT they could have 10 spots later.

Oh Snap
11-29-2011, 09:52 AM
RGIII

who is this?

ForeverChiefs58
11-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Jacksonville, mayyyyyyyyyyyybe.

Ponder has been better than McNabb so I don't see them drafting another QB. They'll likely go with a OT or WR.

Both teams have many needs and you are right about Minn really needing OT and WR.

but unless either QB starts playing different, and if either get a new coach, they might want to try something better. A lot teams not named the Chiefs, picking in the top 5, try to get better at QB if one is there that is better than what is on the roster.

and it would just be the chiefs luck that finally the year we plan to draft a QB in the first rd after so many years, and that with a top 10 pick in the deepest QB draft in years, 5 QB's would go in front of us.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2011, 09:57 AM
Having a top 10 pick again is gonna be so much fun. Pioli's best work by far has been letting us enjoy top 10 picks.

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 09:58 AM
Can, the whole point is that the GM of this team needs to make better personnel decisions. Whether that be picking in the middle of the 1st or top of the 1st. If there is a QB available, there is no excuse why they can't make a move up to get him. Makes no sense to root for the team to lose out and they take a damn RT they could have 10 spots later.

why trade for something when you don't have to?

plus, picking say #4 puts pressure on the organization to pick a QB...picking #10 gives them the excuse to stay put or say 'gee golly the guy we wanted is gone'...

going 4-12 also puts pressure on pioli and clark to do something to energize the fanbase...

we both agree, I think, that pioli is not going to draft a QB unless forced to by Clark...hence the need for any kind of outside leverage

Oh Snap
Both teams have many needs and you are right about Minn really needing OT and WR.

but unless either QB starts playing different, and if either get a new coach, they might want to try something better. A lot teams not named the Chiefs, picking in the top 5, try to get better at QB if one is there that is better than what is on the roster.

and it would just be the chiefs luck that finally the year we plan to draft a QB in the first rd after so many years, and that with a top 10 pick in the deepest QB draft in years, 5 QB's would go in front of us.

We need to be 7th atleast imo.

What are everyones thoughts on Barkley?

notorious
I really hope Luck busts at Indy.

They fucking deserve it.

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 09:59 AM
We need to be 7th atleast imo.

What are everyones thoughts on Barkley?

good enough to draft

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:00 AM

They ****ing deserve it.

Odds are high. Indy has jack and shit to work with.

Oh Snap
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM

plus, picking say #4 puts pressure on the organization to pick a QB...picking #10 gives them the excuse to stay put or say 'gee golly the guy we wanted is gone'...

going 4-12 also puts pressure on pioli and clark to do something to energize the fanbase...

we both agree, I think, that pioli is not going to draft a QB unless forced to by Clark...hence the need for any kind of outside leverage

Clark only cares about making sure season ticket holders are sitting in seats. He doesnt care about the actual football side...thats why he hired pioli. He wont say or do shit that would actually benefit this team.

KChiefs1
11-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Jesus they are some pathetic teams if the Chiefs are drafting 10th!

KChiefs1
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
who is this?

Baylor QB

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 10:03 AM
Clark only cares about making sure season ticket holders are sitting in seats. He doesnt care about the actual football side...thats why he hired pioli. He wont say or do shit that would actually benefit this team.

i agree...but I have to imagine a scenario where it is possible or I'll kill myself

I'd guess it is a 99% chance that Cassel and/or Orton are our QBs next year and the year after....for reasons I can't explain, this franchise is not serious about winning

Reerun_KC
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM
1. Indy - Luck
6. Miami - Barkley

You could also take Foles or Cousins over Jones...

I can see 5 QBs better than Jones...

Luck
Barkley/RG3
Foles/Cousins
Jones

Oh Snap
11-29-2011, 10:05 AM

They ****ing deserve it.

Word, Indy needs to experience a string of down years after raping the league for the past decade...**** em.

good enough to draft

33 TDs in 404 attempts is pretty impressive. I think he has a HUGE upside in this league. He might not be an instant starter like Luck will be, but he has similar upside imo.

Draft him if he is available, and let him sit for a year behind Orton while he learns. Then go on from there.

Odds are high. Indy has jack and shit to work with.

Indy is going 0-16...they are THAT bad. Needless to say, QB isn't their only issue. Obviously peyton manning makes that team, but even last year, they werent that good. Its been a slow steady decline. Mannings injury just exacerbated the issue.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 10:06 AM

I still expect the players to play all out every game. If they go 4-12, so be it. I'm not going to actively root for it, but you are right it would make getting that QB much easier. While it would be beneficial to lose the Faid and Donx, I just can't pull for those scum of organizations and it would have no effect on the game anyway if I did root for em.:thumb:

The Rams look ripe as a trading partner. Cut the bullshit move up and don't let anyone jump you.

Reerun_KC
i agree...but I have to imagine a scenario where it is possible or I'll kill myself

I'd guess it is a 99% chance that Cassel and/or Orton are our QBs next year and the year after....for reasons I can't explain, this franchise is not serious about winning

Well lets hope that Pioli does nothing, drafts a RG in the first round and resign Cassel to a eleventy billion year contract...

:thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
I like Tannehill or Jones much better than Barkley and I like Jones a little more than I like RG3.

I'm not surprised in the least.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:08 AM
You could also take Foles or Cousins over Jones...

I can see 5 QBs better than Jones...

Luck
Barkley/RG3
Foles/Cousins
Jones

Foles? Foles has been garbage as of late. If he doesn't throw the ball a ridiculous 560 times he's likely not on anyone's radar.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Our strength of schedule number right now is .517

Here is how that number is achieved.

Colts 0-11
Vikes 2-9
Fins 3-8
Chargers 4-7
Chargers 4-7
Bills 5-6
Jets 6-5
Denver 6-5
Denver 6-5
Detroit 6-5
Oakland 7-4
Oakland 7-4
Chicago 7-4
New Eng. 8-3
Pittsburgh 8-3
Green Bay 11-0

Overall 91-85

91/176 = .517

the Talking Can
11-29-2011, 10:11 AM
I still expect the players to play all out every game. If they go 4-12, so be it. I'm not going to actively root for it, but you are right it would make getting that QB much easier. While it would be beneficial to lose the Faid and Donx, I just can't pull for those scum of organizations and it would have no effect on the game anyway if I did root for em.:thumb:

The Rams look ripe as a trading partner. Cut the bullshit move up and don't let anyone jump you.

i root for the team during the game, check the game threads (though more in a 'it would be a hilarious upset' way than a 'please god let us win' way)....but I'm mostly interested in us losing until we draft a QB...it's the only way I can see to force this franchise to do what it refuses to do...

and sorry for the 'you're part of the problem' bit earlier...i get super pissed when thinking about this, which is why I try not to...

The Franchise
11-29-2011, 10:17 AM

www.rotoworld.com

Jaguars extended the contract of GM Gene Smith for three seasons and owner Wayne Weaver will reportedly sell the team to Pakistani-born entrepreneur Shahid Kahn.

It's a wild day in Jacksonville. They are sticking with Smith but have fired coach Jack Del Rio. Weaver says the team will remain in Jacksonville. And by retaining Smith, it's more likely that QB Blaine Gabbert will be given a long leash despite a dreadful rookie campaign.

Pasta Little Brioni
11-29-2011, 10:19 AM
i root for the team during the game, check the game threads (though more in a 'it would be a hilarious upset' way than a 'please god let us win' way)....but I'm mostly interested in us losing until we draft a QB...it's the only way I can see to force this franchise to do what it refuses to do...

and sorry for the 'you're part of the problem' bit earlier...i get super pissed when thinking about this, which is why I try not to...

No problem. It was a "tiny bit" true fanish, but I've been wanting this team to find a QB to draft in the first for almost 2 decades.

Dave Lane
11-29-2011, 11:14 AM
How can there be 9 worse teams? Damn

FAX
11-29-2011, 11:16 AM
What's this infatuation with RG3?

Is he truly an NFL-caliber quarterback? Or, is it just one of those deals where you want a 1st round QB so badly, you'll take the next available guy at that position? If so, .... bad.

FAX

suds79
11-29-2011, 11:20 AM

Is he truly an NFL-caliber quarterback?

Yes.

Accuracy? Check. Arm Strength? Check. Size? Check. Smarts? Check. Mobility? Check.

The biggest knock on him is just the system he plays in. That seriously is the biggest knock. Coming from a spread system.

And with today's college game, several, several QBs have to make that transition... Shoot I'd argue that even then the transition won't be that bad for him. You look around the league and you see teams running the spread all over. So there will be a set of plays that will feel right at home for him.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 11:22 AM

Is he truly an NFL-caliber quarterback? Or, is it just one of those deals where you want a 1st round QB so badly, you'll take the next available guy at that position? If so, .... bad.

FAX

He's pretty good. Throws passes right on the money including the deep ball. He does not get rattled by a pass rush, and he can mmake plays with his legs if need be. Huge plays, not just first downs.

Only major drawback is that almost 100% of the snaps for Baylor come out of shotgun formation.

O.city
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM

If we go 4-12 and are drafting top 5 we will go qb. Hunt will wanna put people back in the seats.

Maybe we will be like the Spurs when they drafted Duncan. We have some solid offensive pieces just need at qb.

O.city
11-29-2011, 11:24 AM
After all the pro days and combine, I wouldn't be surprised if RGIII is the #2 qb. He is that talented.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2011, 11:25 AM

Is he truly an NFL-caliber quarterback?

He has NFL talent for sure. Big arm and extremely mobile. Completed 73 percent of his passes this year.

loochy
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
If we go 4-12 and are drafting top 5 we will go qb. Hunt will wanna put people back in the seats.

Maybe we will be like the Spurs when they drafted Duncan. We have some solid offensive pieces just need at qb.

Yeah except the Spurs tanked that season intentionally. The Chiefs are too dumb to do that.

loochy
11-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Only major drawback is that almost 100% of the snaps for Baylor come out of shotgun formation.

and he's short

O.city
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
and he's short

He's 6"2. I'm fine with that.

Some will say he is so accurate because they throw alot of bubble screens and shorts throws. Which normally spread qbs do. He doesn't.

He probably throws the best deep ball I've seen this year.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
and he's short

Pretty much the same size as Rodgers. :shrug:

Coogs
11-29-2011, 11:31 AM
He's 6"2. I'm fine with that.

Some will say he is so accurate because they throw alot of bubble screens and shorts throws. Which normally spread qbs do. He doesn't.

This big time!

jd1020
11-29-2011, 11:35 AM

Really? I've yet to be impressed by a deep ball from RG3. The one to end the game against Oklahoma was nice, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Kendall Wright has more to do with his deep ball than anything. Wright continually burns defenders and all RG3 has to do is lob the ball in the air and let Wright chase it down.

RG3 has talent and could very well be a quality NFL QB but I wont be upset if the Chiefs miss out on him.

There are plenty of "2nd tier" QB's in this draft that have pretty good potential as well.

O.city
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Really? I've yet to be impressed by a deep ball from RG3. The one to end the game against Oklahoma was nice, but that's the only one that comes to mind.

Kendall Wright has more to do with his deep ball than anything. Wright continually burns defenders and all RG3 has to do is lob the ball in the air and let Wright chase it down.

RG3 has talent and could very well be a quality NFL QB but I wont be upset if the Chiefs miss out on him.

There are plenty of "2nd tier" QB's in this draft that have pretty good potential as well.

Well most of the time when you are throwing a deep ball, the wr is running fairly open. How many times have we seen one of our qbs miss open deep guys?

How many good deep balls have you seen Luck or Jones throw this eyar?

jd1020
11-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Well most of the time when you are throwing a deep ball, the wr is running fairly open. How many times have we seen one of our qbs miss open deep guys?

How many good deep balls have you seen Luck or Jones throw this eyar?

I'll take Wright over anything Stanford/OU have to offer.

whoman69
11-29-2011, 11:42 AM

Sounds like Chiefs policy to me, pass on the first round talents.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Sounds like Chiefs policy to me, pass on the first round talents.

How do you pass on something you miss out on? Dumbass.

O.city
11-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I'll take Wright over anything Stanford/OU have to offer.

Broyles?

I agree I would take Wright and if he were sitting there in round 3 i'd think pretty hard about him. I know we have some wr, but you can never have to many.

whoman69
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Not sure how much we can trust this chart. If everyone on this list stays in their same position, we move down to 14. I still expect us to draft around 6th, our magical drafting position.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Broyles?

I agree I would take Wright and if he were sitting there in round 3 i'd think pretty hard about him. I know we have some wr, but you can never have to many.

Broyles is good and all, but hell yes I'm taking Wright over Broyles.

suds79
11-29-2011, 11:47 AM
and he's short

Just flat out incorrect.

6'2 220.

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Just flat out incorrect.

6'2 220.

In fairness, it will be interesting to see H/W numbers at the combine. These schools have a tendency to inflate height especially.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 11:49 AM
In fairness, it will be interesting to see H/W numbers at the combine. These schools have a tendency to inflate height especially.

I'll be shocked if RG3 weighs in at 220. The guy is a track star. He looks more like 200-205.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 11:56 AM
Not sure how much we can trust this chart. If everyone on this list stays in their same position, we move down to 14. I still expect us to draft around 6th, our magical drafting position.

They won't. There are several head-to-head matchups left between these teams including 3 this week alone...

Panthers at Buccs
Chargers at Jags
Eagles at Seahawks

Fat Elvis
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM
How can there be 9 worse teams? Damn

There aren't. There are only two teams with a larger negative net point differentials than the Chiefs, and they really, really suck (Colts and Rams). We won a couple of games we shouldn't have won (SD when Rivers fumbled?)...We just managed to screw ourselves over like we do every year.

suds79
11-29-2011, 11:57 AM

Agreed. I'll be interested to see that as well.

Check this out. From what I can see, he seems tall. I'd guess the 6'2 is legit but we'll see.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c_dg4It8Nuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

loochy
11-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Just flat out incorrect.

6'2 220.

I admit it, I was wrong. I was just speaking on the height thing from what I heard on the radio. I didn't know his actual height. Sorry guys. :shrug:

I thought I had heard the height 5'8" thrown about, but I guess that was someone else...

philfree
11-29-2011, 12:25 PM
So is it time to bring the Draft Forum back?

Hammock Parties
11-29-2011, 12:27 PM

He's not very big.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/genrel/auto_original/2401381.jpeg

loochy
11-29-2011, 12:28 PM
He's not very big.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/bay/sports/genrel/auto_original/2401381.jpeg

That picture really doesn't make a case either way...at least as far as height is concerned

Coogs
11-29-2011, 12:49 PM
He's not very big.

Quite honestly, I am ready to take a chance on a QB around the 6'1"-6'2'' range that is a hell of an athlete and can pass the ball to some 6'4" stiff that meets the protypical NFL QB measurments but sucks ass as a QB.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Rodgers is 6'2 and Brees is 6'. This isn't an issue.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not talking about his height. He looks like he lacks bulk to me. I'm all for picking him, but I'd worry about him staying healthy. We'd start calling him Blackie Croyle.

cdcox
11-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Lose out and we are picking top 5 (>90% chance).

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-29-2011, 02:11 PM

1. Indy
2. St Louis
3. Minnesota
4. Jacksonville
5. Carolina
6. Miami
7. Washington
8. Arizona
9. Philadelphia
10. Kansas City.
11. Seattle
12. Cleveland
13. San Diego
14. Tampa Bay

Draft order is wrong KC is 8 right now http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/11/28/2592427/current-2012-nfl-draft-order-strength-of-schedule-will-determine-top

Chiefnj2
11-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Draft order is wrong KC is 8 right now http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2011/11/28/2592427/current-2012-nfl-draft-order-strength-of-schedule-will-determine-top

believe who you want:

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

loochy
11-29-2011, 02:17 PM

believe who you want:

My source is better than both of yours:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253074

Coogs
11-29-2011, 02:21 PM

That is only using the teams we have played to date. The other one is using the whole season schedule. So why it may be correct if the season ended today, the season does not end today.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2011, 02:29 PM
don't worry, we probably aren't going to win again until week 15/16 ... if we win at all.

Several of the teams with under 5 wins still have to play each other.

I figure we end up between the 5-7th pick

I trust Great Blue North Draft

SenselessChiefsFan
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Accuracy > height.

True. I don't know that RG3 is anymore accurate than Jones or Tannehill.

O.city
11-29-2011, 02:33 PM
True. I don't know that RG3 is anymore accurate than Jones or Tannehill.

Seriously? He is completing damn near 75 % of his throws this year. He's pretty accurate.

I don't get the Tannehill love on CP. He's been playing qb for a year and half.

Mr. Laz
11-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Wk 13 KC @ CHI - Loss
both teams are minus their starting QB but Chicago is at home and gets the nod on special teams.

WK 14 KC @ NYJ - Loss
Jets are nothing to write home about on offense but they are at home and unless Orton is going strong we should struggle to score any points.

WK 15 GB @ KC - Loss
U-G-L-Y

WK 16 OAK @ KC - Coin flip
it's still Oakland

WK 17 KC @ DEN - Coin flip
Teboner should have turned back into a pumpkin by then but it's in Denver.

KC ends up with 4 to 6 wins imo

Mr. Laz
11-29-2011, 02:44 PM
Seriously? He is completing damn near 75 % of his throws this year. He's pretty accurate.

i'm not commenting on RGIII either way but completion % in college can be greatly misleading. They have receivers wide open all the time compared to the NFL.

Coogs
11-29-2011, 02:46 PM
i'm not commenting on RGIII either way but completion % in college can be greatly misleading. They have receivers wide open all the time compared to the NFL.

True, but at least he can find them. I see open receivers our #1 QB does not throw to on occasion.

ChiefsCountry

You are arguing with a dumbass brain dead idiot.

O.city

Yes, but to have a percentage that high is pretty special.

Even if you wanna argue he is less accurate than Tannehil or Jones, the athleticism and arm strength are better than either of the two.

I don't think he's less accurate either.

whoman69
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM

believe who you want:

The Chiefs current strength of schedule is .446 (54-67). I think the other site is including all games we haven't even played, so they should be 8th right now, subject to change.

FAX
11-29-2011, 02:48 PM
I think we beat the Packers. It's what we do.

FAX

Setsuna
11-29-2011, 02:50 PM
The problem is, the really good teams won't give a crap about the last couple of games if they are set in their division, and will play their second string, meaning you will win 2 more games at least.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Wk 13 KC @ CHI - Loss
both teams are minus their starting QB but Chicago is at home and gets the nod on special teams.

WK 14 KC @ NYJ - Loss
Jets are nothing to write home about on offense but they are at home and unless Orton is going strong we should struggle to score any points.

WK 15 GB @ KC - Loss
U-G-L-Y

it's still Oakland

The GB game may depend on what the Packers have sewn up, seeding.

If they have the #1 coming in, do they continue with their current gameplan and risk injury to Rodgers?

Coogs
11-29-2011, 02:52 PM
The problem is, the really good teams won't give a crap about the last couple of games if they are set in their division, and will play their second string, meaning you will win 2 more games at least.

The good news with that is the Bears and Jets really need wins. The Pack is chasing history (at least right now), and with Tebow breathing down the Faiders back, they may both have something to play for the last two weeks.

FAX
11-29-2011, 02:53 PM
The GB game may depend on what the Packers have sewn up, seeding.

If they have the #1 coming in, do they continue with their current gameplan and risk injury to Rodgers?

I wouldn't. If they have it locked up, the only question is whether or not they think they can run the table and set the record.

If not, I think they would rest and protect their key guys in preparation for the post-season.

FAX

The Bad Guy
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
The Packers aren't resting their starters in Week 15. They aren't giving those guys 4 weeks off.

No way. I could see them doing that Week 17, but that's about it.

whoman69
11-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Wk 13 KC @ CHI - Loss

WK 14 KC @ NYJ - Loss

WK 15 GB @ KC - Loss
U-G-L-Y

it's still Oakland

Chiefs will be favored to win 0 of their games going forward. Can't see anyone on this list that doesn't get the nod. If Haley is telling the truth and Palko is starting Sunday we blow a good chance to win one even against Hanie.
Jets is another possible win, but travelling again.
Green Bay, yeah right.
Oakland division rival at home, if we win any game its this.
Denver can't give that one up either.

MatriculatingHank
11-29-2011, 03:09 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck-has-company-at-quarterback-in-top-five

NFL mock draft: Andrew Luck has company at quarterback in top five

1. Indianapolis Colts. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Sources have told us that if things hold and the Colts have the first pick, they will choose Luck with the idea that he can be Peyton Manning's backup for two seasons before taking over.

2. St. Louis Rams. Matt Kalil*, OT, USC

Jason Smith continues to have concussion problems and Rodger Saffold is not an elite left tackle, so the Rams grab Kalil in hopes he can be for Bradford what Orlando Pace was for Kurt Warner.

3. Washington Redskins. Robert Griffin*, QB, Baylor

Though many predict Matt Barkley will be the second quarterback chosen, Mike Shanahan has long shown a preference for athletic quarterbacks with elite arm strength. Griffin fits that mold more than Barkley does.

4. Cleveland Browns. Matt Barkley*, QB, USC

It has become clear that Colt McCoy is not a front-line starting quarterback. Barkley is a mechanically sound, smart and accurate passer who fits the Browns' offense perfectly.

9. Kansas City Chiefs. Landry Jones*, QB, Oklahoma

Sources have told us the Chiefs were debating drafting a young quarterback before Matt Cassel was injured.

Landry Jones would be a nice QB for a possible new head coach (rumors include Jeff Fisher) to build around.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 03:24 PM
The Packers aren't resting their starters in Week 15. They aren't giving those guys 4 weeks off.

No way. I could see them doing that Week 17, but that's about it.

I'm not talking about sitting players. I mean game planning. Rodgers always throws 30+ passes per game. Why risk that? I would bet you see them running a lot more.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 03:25 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck-has-company-at-quarterback-in-top-five (&quot;http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck-has-company-at-quarterback-in-top-five")

Sources have told us that if things hold and the Colts have the first pick, they will choose Luck with the idea that he can be Peyton Manning's backup for two seasons before taking over.

Jason Smith continues to have concussion problems and Rodger Saffold is not an elite left tackle, so the Rams grab Kalil in hopes he can be for Bradford what Orlando Pace was for Kurt Warner.

Though many predict Matt Barkley will be the second quarterback chosen, Mike Shanahan has long shown a preference for athletic quarterbacks with elite arm strength. Griffin fits that mold more than Barkley does.

It has become clear that Colt McCoy is not a front-line starting quarterback. Barkley is a mechanically sound, smart and accurate passer who fits the Browns' offense perfectly.

Sources have told us the Chiefs were debating drafting a young quarterback before Matt Cassel was injured.

Landry Jones would be a nice QB for a possible new head coach (rumors include Jeff Fisher) to build around.

Ugh...

Mr. Laz
11-29-2011, 04:46 PM
I do think QB's go even faster in the draft because of new salary cap but i just don't see us picking 9th. Too many shitty teams still have to play each other.

Wk 13

PHI @ SEA both 4-7
Car @ Tampa 3-8 vs 4-7
chargers @ Jags 4-7 vs 3-8

WK 14

tampa @ jags 4-7 vs 3-8
philly @ miami 4-7 vs 3-8
rams @ seattle 2-9 vs 4-7

Wk 15

cleveland @ Arizona 4-7 vs 4-7

wk 16

Tampa @ Carolina 4-7 vs 3-8

Wk 17

Wash @ Philly 4-7 vs 4-7
Seattle @ Arizona 4-7 vs 4-7

seems almost impossible for us to pick below 7th unless we win a couple more games. If we lose out then we might just slip in top 5.

#1 thru #3 is pretty set with the colts/Rams/vikings but from #4 on is still wide open.

One games separates pick #4 from pick #14. :eek:

Whole lotta suckage in the NFL this year.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 05:32 PM
Whole lotta suckage in the NFL this year.
Misery loves company

Titty Meat
11-29-2011, 05:41 PM
We need to keep losing!

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-29-2011, 05:44 PM
We need to keep losing!

Dont worry they will.

Titty Meat
11-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Dont worry they will.

I could see Orton beating Chicago and Denver putting us at like 14. We'd be fucked.

Mr_Tomahawk
11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
I could see Orton beating Chicago and Denver putting us at like 14. We'd be ****ed.

This is what I am afraid of...

jd1020
11-29-2011, 05:48 PM
This is what I am afraid of...

Good thing we have Haley as coach then, I guess.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Much ado about nothing...

I have zero faith Pioli would take a QB.

RealSNR
11-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I could see Orton beating Chicago and Denver putting us at like 14. We'd be fucked.If we were going to lose like this, I really wish we would have fucked up against the Colts and Chargers. The Colts maybe would have gained some confidence and wouldn't be in a position to go #1 overall that way.

Dante84
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
RG3 threw some absolutely disgusting throws against K-State. And that OU throw was pretty fantastic also. His deep ball is VERY accurate.

POS: He is mobile, he is accurate, he is a smart QB, he is a high character guy as well.

NEG: Everytime he gets hit, he stays down on the turf about 3-5 seconds longer than other qb's do. Makes you wonder how that will look when he gets crushed by Ray Lewis or Jerome Harrison. The biggest knock on him, for me, is his durability. Yes, he hasn't missed much time this year... but the NFL is on another level when it comes to toughness.
* Also, he was pretty whiny with the refs during the K-State game. I'd like to not see that.

I would be happy taking him based on his Accuracy alone. That's something I haven't seen from a KC QB in years.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-29-2011, 05:59 PM

This

BossChief
11-29-2011, 06:00 PM

FAX

RG3 is a guy that has every single tool you ask/look for in a franchise quarterback sans pro style offensive experience.

1) He is one of the smarter players in college football, already working on his masters and has been accepted into law school as a junior.

2) His "football instincts" are OFF THE CHARTS good. When th team needs a big play, he usually gives it to them.

3) He has the accuracy and smarts to make it as a pocket passer that can make all the presnap reads, adjust the protections, identify the opposing coverages and do the things it takes to give his team the upper hand before the ball is even snapped.

4) His mobility could be a detriment in the NFL if he doesnt go into a system that will develop his skills as a passer while not totally killing his ability to gain yards on the ground, but his gifts of speed, elusiveness and acceleration are what can make teams not be able to play man against him much in fear of him killing them with his legs...again, this can be a detriment at the NFL level if he doesnt use his head...though he isnt the type of runner that say, Vick is...RG3 is smart enough to protect his body while eating up the yards.

Okie_Apparition
11-29-2011, 06:46 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-10/nfl-mock-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-andrew-luck-has-company-at-quarterback-in-top-five

Mother**** the Landry Jones part, it is not important
PBJ PBJ IT'S IN WRITING I CAN FIND AGAIN PBJ PBJ

OnTheWarpath15
11-29-2011, 07:10 PM

That's a year and a half longer than our last QB played in college.

Nightfyre
11-29-2011, 07:12 PM
Where does Mr. cdcox project the chiefs will be drafting?

Rausch
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM

Exactly.

I laugh in sorrow after we draft a RT with a top 10 pick...

MOhillbilly
11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Exactly.

I laugh in sorrow after we draft a RT with a top 10 pick...
Puke. A part of me would hate.this franchise for-evvvvvveerr.

O.city
11-29-2011, 07:38 PM
I think we end up 4-8.

If we are below 5 we need to be trading up to get Barkley or RGIII, preferably RGIII. The more I watch of the kid, the more I think he is better than Barkley. Barkley is still pretty talented tho.

It's kinda higher ceiling vs higher floor kinda thing.

Chief_For_Life58
11-29-2011, 07:43 PM
I think we end up 4-8.

If we are below 5 we need to be trading up to get Barkley or RGIII, preferably RGIII. The more I watch of the kid, the more I think he is better than Barkley. Barkley is still pretty talented tho.

It's kinda higher ceiling vs higher floor kinda thing.

4-8? You mean 4-12 right

Honestly I think youre right about rg3 but seeing him get this recent concussion is making me think about how do you weigh the fact that he does and can run the ball well if needed and how that give him a bigger opportunity to get hurt? Would barkley be the safer and better qb? He can sling it

O.city
11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
4-8? You mean 4-12 right

Honestly I think youre right about rg3 but seeing him get this recent concussion is making me think about how do you weigh the fact that he does and can run the ball well if needed and how that give him a bigger opportunity to get hurt? Would barkley be the safer and better qb? He can sling it

I meant draft position.

Meh on the concussion. In a prostyle offense, I would want him to run more like Rodgers does. Only when Neccessary.

okcchief
11-29-2011, 07:49 PM
I can't believe there are that many teams worse than us.

Chief_For_Life58
11-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I meant draft position.

Meh on the concussion. In a prostyle offense, I would want him to run more like Rodgers does. Only when Neccessary.

Yeah definitely. I just want whoever our coach is next year to make sure he knows to throw first. Dude is a beast. He seems pretty accurate and powerful. I realllllly hope we can get a top 8 pick ahhhhh

O.city
11-29-2011, 07:56 PM
We are for sure a top 8 pick team.

I'm thinking Haley will be back next year. Don't really care if he is or isn't at this point.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Reading Pioli's parts of War Room makes me realize how much of a complete hypocrite that MF is. All he talks about is the need to constantly evaluate the squad, and then he rolls out Cassel and then Palko. If he's objectively evaluating, how in the fuck does Cassel get another year?

O.city
11-29-2011, 09:00 PM
There is no way Matt Cassel is a chief next year. Period.

listopencil
11-29-2011, 09:54 PM
I could see Orton beating Chicago and Denver putting us at like 14. We'd be ****ed.

Maybe, but I could really see Von Miller hitting Orton so hard that Orton explodes into a red and white cloud of torn flesh. With a little smear of poop where his pant leg was.

O.city
11-29-2011, 09:56 PM
It really sucks seeing Miller play that well and our first rounder from last year is out and this years can't be impactful cause...well you all know.

listopencil
11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
It really sucks seeing Miller play that well and our first rounder from last year is out and this years can't be impactful cause...well you all know.

I was annoyed that we picked an outside LB. Shame on me.

O.city
11-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I was annoyed that we picked an outside LB. Shame on me.

yeah he is a great player.

Knowmo goes a little overboard at times but Miller is an emerging star.

Same as Berry.

Titty Meat
11-29-2011, 10:12 PM
Reading Pioli's parts of War Room makes me realize how much of a complete hypocrite that MF is. All he talks about is the need to constantly evaluate the squad, and then he rolls out Cassel and then Palko. If he's objectively evaluating, how in the **** does Cassel get another year?

How does Pioli get another year? Kokinis was fired in Cleveland after like 10 games.

The Bad Guy
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
How does Pioli get another year? Kokinis was fired in Cleveland after like 10 games.

He gets another year because the owner is married to him. Clark Hunt in that book gushed about Pioli like he's a ****ing Beatle. Pioli is here as long as he wants to be. He runs the show. He saves Clark money.

Clark was giddy as a little girl about how he never thought Pioli would take the job, but then got him to interview and the rest is history.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Reading Pioli's parts of War Room makes me realize how much of a complete hypocrite that MF is. All he talks about is the need to constantly evaluate the squad, and then he rolls out Cassel and then Palko. If he's objectively evaluating, how in the fuck does Cassel get another year?

It's corporate doublespeak. That's all it is.

JoeyChuckles
11-29-2011, 10:18 PM

1. Indy
2. St Louis
3. Minnesota
4. Jacksonville
5. Carolina
6. Miami
7. Washington
8. Arizona
9. Philadelphia
10. Kansas City.
11. Seattle
12. Cleveland
13. San Diego
14. Tampa Bay

Thanks for putting that list together. Now if we can get it updated each week.

cdcox
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM
First graph shows our draft chances right now. Second graph shows our chances if we lose out.

O.city
11-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Damn , we need to lose out to force Pioli's hand.

BigMeatballDave
11-29-2011, 10:27 PM

... to trade down to acquire more picks...

:)

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:27 PM

If we get the 3rd pick in the draft we're just going to trade the pick to Miami, Seattle, Washington, or Cleveland.

O.city
11-29-2011, 10:28 PM
If we are picking that high, it's gotta be pretty damn obvious what we need.

Rain Man
11-29-2011, 10:30 PM
First graph shows our draft chances right now. Second graph shows our chances if we lose out.

Sixth pick in the draft is good enough to get a guy like Ryan Sims.

jd1020
11-29-2011, 10:30 PM
IMO, the chances the Chiefs lose out are slim. Unless, of course, Haley sticks to his retarded self and starts Palko like he's claiming he will.

Orton is a competent QB. If the D plays like they did against Pitt then 2 more wins is easy.

RealSNR
11-29-2011, 10:32 PM
First graph shows our draft chances right now. Second graph shows our chances if we lose out.Why didn't you show the % chance of us drafting at 32 in the first graph?

crossbow
11-30-2011, 01:10 AM

FAX

He is a throw first QB that can run a 4.5! Great arm, vision, reads, accurate as a LASIC surgeon. Down to earth midwest guy not a 5 car garage money guy. We want him.

keg in kc
11-30-2011, 01:14 AM
I would have called griffin a running quarterback two years ago. He's turned into a quarterback who can run since then. With the right coaching and in the right situation, he may blossom into something special.

Rausch
11-30-2011, 02:06 AM
Sixth pick in the draft is good enough to get a guy like Ryan Sims.

Probably 7 of them...

HMc
11-30-2011, 06:16 AM
THe youtube highlights I see of RG3 (it's all I've seen of him) suggest to me that he plays in some sort of option offense?

Didn't that used to be a knock on players coming out of those kind of offenses? Are CP posters just desperate to get any 1st round QB at this point (fair enough if so)

looks pretty good to me though.

Nightfyre
11-30-2011, 09:03 AM
THe youtube highlights I see of RG3 (it's all I've seen of him) suggest to me that he plays in some sort of option offense?

Didn't that used to be a knock on players coming out of those kind of offenses? Are CP posters just desperate to get any 1st round QB at this point (fair enough if so)

No, he works out of a spread offense. They run an option play like once a game.

whoman69
11-30-2011, 09:17 AM
Why didn't you show the % chance of us drafting at 32 in the first graph?

He could use a snowball and a picture of hell as graphics.

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2011, 09:34 AM
With the schedules remaining for all those 3-4 win teams, as long as we don't fuck up and win a game, we could easily be looking no worse than the 6th pick.

I was just fucking around with the ESPN Playoff Machine, and picked winners for every remaining game for each team, and it came out like this:

(records only, tiebreakers not considered)

Indy, 0-16

STL, Minnesota, 2-14

KC, Arizona, Jacksonville, 4-12

Everyone else had 5 wins or more. Seattle, Washington, Carolina, etc all have a few games left they could win.

whoman69
11-30-2011, 09:39 AM
If Caleb Hanie doesn't improve this game against Chicago is winnable. I am afraid Haley will do something crazy like put in Orton and give us a chance. We have 0% chance of winning with Failco.

suds79
11-30-2011, 09:58 AM

Thing with this guy is that you really have to record a Baylor game to check him out.

The youtube highlights could have been from a year or two ago where he was much more of a runner. Plus those highlight reals tend to show a lot of mobile QBs being well... Mobile.

The guy is a passer first. Record a game. You'll like what you see.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2011, 10:00 AM

IIRC he's only thrown about 25 fewer pass attempts than Andrew Luck this year.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2011, 10:01 AM
With the schedules remaining for all those 3-4 win teams, as long as we don't **** up and win a game, we could easily be looking no worse than the 6th pick.

I was just ****ing around with the ESPN Playoff Machine, and picked winners for every remaining game for each team, and it came out like this:

(records only, tiebreakers not considered)

Indy, 0-16

STL, Minnesota, 2-14

KC, Arizona, Jacksonville, 4-12

Everyone else had 5 wins or more. Seattle, Washington, Carolina, etc all have a few games left they could win.

You don't think Orton can squeeze out a win or two?

Frosty
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
If Caleb Hanie doesn't improve this game against Chicago is winnable. I am afraid Haley will do something crazy like put in Orton and give us a chance. We have 0% chance of winning with Failco.

If Haley starts Orton this week and the defense plays like it did against Pittsburgh, I could very easily see this team winning 3 or 4 of their remaining games and finishing in the middle of the draft, out of reach of any of the top QB's.

It's what this team does. :huh:

htismaqe
11-30-2011, 10:45 AM
You don't think Orton can squeeze out a win or two?

Not sitting on the bench he can't. Tyler's the starter...

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-30-2011, 01:37 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

Just talked with an exec who thinks Boise's Kellen Moore is a better prospect than Baylor's Robert Griffin. Kinda interesting.

OnTheWarpath15
11-30-2011, 01:41 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

Just talked with an exec who thinks Boise's Kellen Moore is a better prospect than Baylor's Robert Griffin. Kinda interesting.

Pioli?

jd1020
11-30-2011, 01:43 PM
AlbertBreerAlbert Breer

Hmmmm.

I think Moore could be a very good NFL QB but to say he's a better prospect than RG3 is just stupid.

Chiefnj2
11-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Was Orton just a ploy to get rid of Haley?

Did Pioli just give Haley enough rope to hang himself. If Clark puts pressure on Pioli does he say "Todd liked Palko. I drafted a developmental QB, brought in the best available backup. Todd stuck with Palko, couldn't get the draft pick up to speed, couldn't get plays in on time ..."

whoman69
11-30-2011, 01:46 PM
If Haley starts Orton this week and the defense plays like it did against Pittsburgh, I could very easily see this team winning 3 or 4 of their remaining games and finishing in the middle of the draft, out of reach of any of the top QB's.

It's what this team does. :huh:

Just to piss us off?

We have a shot against Chicago with Orton hears a who. Any team has a chance against the Jets, but realistically they would have to look past us. Who can say what we do against a division opponent. This team could win 3 but I really doubt it. If we play Failco its 0 wins. Can't win if you can't score. Failcos next TD pass would be his first, actually any TD would be the first with him in there.

jd1020
11-30-2011, 01:47 PM

Did Pioli just give Haley enough rope to hang himself. If Clark puts pressure on Pioli does he say "Todd liked Palko. I drafted a developmental QB, brought in the best available backup. Todd stuck with Palko, couldn't get the draft pick up to speed, couldn't get plays in on time ..."

Why would you need Orton to get rid of Haley? Haley has done enough to have been fired already.

Nightfyre
11-30-2011, 01:48 PM

You really think Clark is going to restrict Pioli with respect to coaching options? Really?

ShowtimeSBMVP
Why would you need Orton to get rid of Haley? Haley has done enough to have been fired already.

Yea cause Pioli has gave him so much to work with.

Chiefnj2

Have you heard of the Hunt family? Pretty patient people.

Frosty
11-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Just to piss us off?

No - to spike the fans in the heart. :banghead:

jd1020
11-30-2011, 01:50 PM
Have you heard of the Hunt family? Pretty patient people.

Hunt has nothing to do with Haley. That's all Pioli.

jd1020
11-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Yea cause Pioli has gave him so much to work with.

He has, actually. You can't sit here and tell me with the talent on this team that we should be as bad as we are.

Ya, Cassel has failed. Big whoop. Pretty sure the Broncos are winning games with fucking Tebow.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-30-2011, 01:51 PM
He has, actually. You can't sit here and tell me with the talent on this team that we should be as bad as we are.

What talent stop overrating players.

jd1020
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
What talent stop overrating players.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
This team is a hot mess.In the nfl you win with a GREAT OL AND DL and PIOLI has failed this team the last 3 years.

Hammock Parties
11-30-2011, 01:54 PM
In the nfl you win with a GREAT OL AND DL.

Are you trolling?

Nightfyre
This team is a hot mess.In the nfl you win with a GREAT OL AND DL and PIOLI has failed this team the last 3 years.

You can stop spouting retarded cliches at your earliest convenience. Thanks.

jd1020

Every top team in the league would like to have a word with you.