PDA

View Full Version : Life Best bragging rights for an inmate? Read on.

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:10 PM
When your name is actually on the jail that you're in, it's going to really impress the other inmates.

This is a flabbergasting story. I didn't know the guy, but I think I've been in a meeting or two with him over the years. This is a really big WTF moment for a number of reasons.

It's also a reminder of why it's incredibly stupid to name a building after a living person. Dumb, dumb, dumb. You never know what's going to happen, and even if nothing bad happens it's a lot of free influence for a government agency to name a building after one of its employees. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

As a semi-related story, we had one of the worst mayors ever in Denver a while back, and when he finally left office he made a big behind-the-scenes push to get the new city office building named after him as well as a library. So now we have two buildings that are named after a guy who, among other things, sole-sourced his daughter for something like $100,000 not to do a search for some mid-level bureaucrat, but to pick a search firm to do the search. So yes, he paid his daughter an enormous amount of public funding to do about two days of listening to sales pitches.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/30/ex-colorado-sheriff-accused-selling-drugs-for-sex-sits-in-jail-named-after-him/

Ex-Colorado Sheriff Accused of Trading Drugs for Sex Sits in Jail Named After Him

Fox31.com
Former Arapahoe County Sheriff Patrick Sullivan is accused of using and distributing methamphetamine in exchange for sex, according to authorities.
A well-known former Colorado sheriff accused of trading drugs in exchange for sex is now sitting in a jail named after him.

Former Arapahoe County Sheriff Patrick Sullivan, a one-time national "Sheriff of the Year," is facing felony charges for allegedly using and distributing methamphetamine in exchange for sex, according to authorities.

Sullivan is currently behind bars at a jail bearing his name, the Patrick J. Sullivan, Jr. Detention Facility, according to Fox affiliate KDVR-TV.

On Wednesday, Arapahoe County chief judge William Sylvester doubled the bond for Sullivan. He also ordered Sullivan not to try to contact anyone else who may be involved in the case.

The investigation began on Nov. 17 when several people came forward with claims that Sullivan, 68, was selling the drug in exchange for sex.
According to investigators, Sullivan "arranged to meet an adult male acquaintance and agreed to provide the (man) with methamphetamine in exchange for a sexual encounter," the station reported.

He was taken into custody after allegedly providing methamphetamine to the man.

"The allegations of criminal behavior involving Pat Sullivan are extraordinarily disturbing," current Sheriff Grayson Robinson told the station.
Neighbors reported seeing a SWAT team raid Sullivan's home in Aurora at around 4 p.m. Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/30/ex-colorado-sheriff-accused-selling-drugs-for-sex-sits-in-jail-named-after-him/#ixzz1fDl8P55y

Discuss Thrower
11-30-2011, 02:13 PM
R

Old Dog
11-30-2011, 02:14 PM
E

a couple of posts down on the front page:

Karma is a comedian http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253126

FAX
11-30-2011, 02:15 PM
This might be the worst repost of all times.

FAX

pr_capone
11-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Q

seclark
This might be the worst repost of all times.

FAX

no shit...good thing he didn't post it in mid-air.
sec

FAX
Did I mention that mary carson is a slut?

FAX

seclark
11-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Did I mention that mary carson is a slut?

FAX

i believe i read that somewhere.;)
sec

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:18 PM
But I'm offering you a local perspective on it. That's very different than Frankie's "obscure national news" slant.

And anyway, we can appreciate viewing from different angles. It's like an impressionist and a surrealist both doing paintings of a naked chick reclining on a divan. Sure they're painting the same thing, but your experience viewing it is going to be totally different.

You're richer for having this experience.

Sofa King
11-30-2011, 02:19 PM
Q

Nobody follows the reposq rules anymore. You're supposed to spell repost or reposq. You can't just blast in the Q any old place. THIS IS NOT 'NAM SMOKEY, THERE ARE RULES.

FAX
11-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Yep. This is definitely going down as the worst repost of all times.

This thread deserves its own sub-forum, "Worst Reposts Of All Times" where all the really bad reposts can go to wallow in their horrifying repostedness.

FAX

FAX
11-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I mean, can you guys think of a worse repost?

I can't. I can't think of a single one that's any worse than this repost right here.

FAX

seclark
But I'm offering you a local perspective on it. That's very different than Frankie's "obscure national news" slant.

And anyway, we can appreciate viewing from different angles. It's like an impressionist and a surrealist both doing paintings of a naked chick reclining on a divan. Sure they're painting the same thing, but your experience viewing it is going to be totally different.

impressionist, or surrealist...which one shows the nipples better?
sec

pr_capone
Nobody follows the reposq rules anymore. You're supposed to spell repost or reposq. You can't just blast in the Q any old place. THIS IS NOT 'NAM SMOKEY, THERE ARE RULES.

What do you know about 'NAM? You weren't there man!!! You don't know!!!!!!

Q

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:23 PM

I can't. I can't think of a single one that's any worse than this repost right here.

FAX

You just don't appreciate art. It's like you're a caveman or something.

4th and Long

FAX

I hear the sound of balls being busted. LMAO

Brock
Much more interesting thread title than the other one, so this is the better thread.

MoreLemonPledge
Cue.

Rain Man
impressionist, or surrealist...which one shows the nipples better?
sec

For that, we actually need additional reposts by a realist and a photographer.

seclark
11-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Much more interesting thread title than the other one, so this is the better thread.

it's getting the most replies.
sec

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
it's getting the most replies.
sec

That's the great thing about Chiefsplanet. It's a market-driven economy. You offer a better product and it doesn't matter if you weren't the first to market.

FAX
11-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Sometimes a repost is just an honest mistake. Then, there are the kind of reposts that are designed to intentionally take attention away from the original poster who came up with the original idea originally by using a different title. That's the kind of repost that is the worst kind of all ... like this one here.

FAX

Discuss Thrower
11-30-2011, 02:30 PM

So if I'm richer I should have more money in pocket, right?

/checkswallet

Nope, still broke. Get fucked Rain Man.

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Sometimes a repost is just an honest mistake. Then, there are the kind of reposts that are designed to intentionally take attention away from the original poster who came up with the original idea originally by using a different title. That's the kind of repost that is the worst kind of all ... like this one here.

FAX

Frankie has significant market share. If you don't let independent posters like me compete with him on even terms, then pretty soon he'll dominate the market and all you'll be getting are norooz updates and pictures of planes breaking in mid-air. Is that really what you want?

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 02:33 PM
So if I'm richer I should have more money in pocket, right?

/checkswallet

Nope, still broke. Get ****ed Rain Man.

I sent a check. Give it a couple of days.

HemiEd
11-30-2011, 02:57 PM
What happened?

FAX
11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
What happened?

What happened?

Mr. Rain Man has just set the all time record for worst repost of all times, that's what happened.

Then, to top it off, he refused to apologize to Mr. Frankie, or the board, or the entire human race including women and children for reposting the worst repost of all times and promising never to do it again. That's what happened then.

Then, after that, when his horrifying repost is exposed for what it is; namely the worst repost of all times, Mr. Rain Man tries to change the subject or, when that doesn't work, he tries to convince us that his repost is somehow better than Mr. Frankie's original post because it has a different title or, when that doesn't work, he tries to demean poor Mr. Frankie who is entirely innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever. That's what happened then.

Basically, it just means that the worst repost of all times just got even worser than it was before. That's what happened.

It's bad, man. Real bad.

FAX

loochy
11-30-2011, 03:08 PM
Best bragging rights for a reposter? Read this thread.

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 04:47 PM
What happened?

Mr. Rain Man has just set the all time record for worst repost of all times, that's what happened.

Then, to top it off, he refused to apologize to Mr. Frankie, or the board, or the entire human race including women and children for reposting the worst repost of all times and promising never to do it again. That's what happened then.

Then, after that, when his horrifying repost is exposed for what it is; namely the worst repost of all times, Mr. Rain Man tries to change the subject or, when that doesn't work, he tries to convince us that his repost is somehow better than Mr. Frankie's original post because it has a different title or, when that doesn't work, he tries to demean poor Mr. Frankie who is entirely innocent of any wrongdoing whatsoever. That's what happened then.

Basically, it just means that the worst repost of all times just got even worser than it was before. That's what happened.

It's bad, man. Real bad.

FAX

Frankie and I are in a collaborative, creative space together. He's a trumpet and I'm a saxophone. It's not just about one of us posting a thread. Two of us posting a thread gives it more depth and flavor. We're creating a symphony together as opposed to just being a guy on a corner playing a trumpet with his hat on the ground.

listopencil
11-30-2011, 05:08 PM

FAX

Have you seen this video?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/r8_buda5vWo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

listopencil
11-30-2011, 05:09 PM
What happened?

It's bad, man. Real bad.

FAX

Shit just got real.

Frankie
11-30-2011, 05:17 PM

You are just jealous you can't start a 3rd thread on the subject.

Frankie
11-30-2011, 05:29 PM
Frankie has significant market share. If you don't let independent posters like me compete with him on even terms, then pretty soon he'll dominate the market and all you'll be getting are norooz updates and pictures of planes breaking in mid-air. Is that really what you want?

I actually think my thread was titled with better style and a certain panache and the product itself was more concise and effective. In other words, mine was an iPad to your IBM-5150.

Frankie
11-30-2011, 05:30 PM
What happened?

This: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=8156551#post8156551

Frankie
11-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Frankie and I are in a collaborative, creative space together.

Let's not let our wives find out.

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Shit just got real.

I'm not worried about Mr. FAX. Not worried at all. He'll be gone soon. His odds of making it out of that cave are infinitesimal. He's a dead man walking.

bevischief
11-30-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm not worried about Mr. FAX. Not worried at all. He'll be gone soon. His odds of making it out of that cave are infinitesimal. He's a dead man walking.

ROFL

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 07:26 PM
I actually think my thread was titled with better style and a certain panache and the product itself was more concise and effective. In other words, mine was an iPad to your IBM-5150.

Look, I'm willing to collaborate on threads, but in private let's be sure we know who's in charge. I'm O.J., you're Kato. I'm Sam Malone, you're Woody Boyd. If our threads are a band, you're the triangle player. Remember, it was my idea for that whole airplane thread. But for the public, we'll go out there and be a team.

Chief Pote
11-30-2011, 07:45 PM
I nominate this thread for HOF, who's with me? Sorry FAX. :harumph:

Frankie
11-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Look, I'm willing to collaborate on threads, but in private let's be sure we know who's in charge. I'm O.J., you're Kato. I'm Sam Malone, you're Woody Boyd. If our threads are a band, you're the triangle player. Remember, it was my idea for that whole airplane thread. But for the public, we'll go out there and be a team.

I'm not a two faced politician like you sir. I think I will take Mr. Fax's side on this issue.

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm not a two faced politician like you sir. I think I will take Mr. Fax's side on this issue.

Mr. FAX's opinion was the final lashing out of a doomed man who will not see another sun rise. Joining Mr. FAX is only a viable strategy for the next few hours, unless you're part of a search party. Now get over here and let's work out a plan for a thread about polar bears and scuba divers.

Gonzo
11-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Ummm yeah, listen here a-holes...

There's no such thing as a Rainman Repost. He posted this story first. It was Frankie who reposted. You see, that's what people like Frankie do. They see an interesting story and decide to get in their time-machine and go back in time to post it 1st.
That's right, the pre-post. If you deny this I'll shoot you in the darn face. Rainman does not reposq. You hear me???!
That didn't happen. Whatever, f-off.

Another thing I've noticed...

Why is it that whenever Fax or Rainman post in a thread, I get all uncomfortable about writing cuss words?
Its like... I'll get grounded or something.
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
11-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Mr. FAX's opinion was the final lashing out of a doomed man who will not see another sun rise. Joining Mr. FAX is only a viable strategy for the next few hours, unless you're part of a search party. Now get over here and let's work out a plan for a thread about polar bears and scuba divers.

OK.

(I said I wasn't two faced. I didn't say anything about backbone.)

Frankie
11-30-2011, 10:53 PM
There's no such thing as a Rainman Repost. He posted this story first. It was Frankie who reposted. You see, that's what people like Frankie do. They see an interesting story and decide to get in their time-machine and go back in time to post it 1st.
:D

I guess I haven't done a good job on this forum hiding the fact that I'm actually an "alien."

Gonzo
11-30-2011, 11:08 PM
:D

I guess I haven't done a good job on this forum hiding the fact that I'm actually an "alien."
"Alien" huh?
I was thinking more along the lines of super-freaky future dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
11-30-2011, 11:17 PM
The great paradox of being a secret time traveler is that you don't have to keep it a secret. You can be obvious and do what you want, and then go back and make it not obvious later.

Lumpy
11-30-2011, 11:18 PM
"Alien" huh?
I was thinking more along the lines of super-freaky future dude.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great Scott!

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls60i8g9aD1r1ad0zo1_500.gif

Discuss Thrower
11-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I really, really shouldn't laugh at that.... but I did.

Lumpy
11-30-2011, 11:40 PM
I really, really shouldn't laugh at that.... but I did.

I know. It's wrong. Wanna hitch a ride to hell in my bitchin' DeLorean?

Frankie
11-30-2011, 11:46 PM
I know. It's wrong. Wanna hitch a ride to hell in my bitchin' DeLean?When it comes to time travel DeLeans' safety record is not even close to DeLoreans.

Lumpy
11-30-2011, 11:51 PM
When it comes to time travel DeLeans' safety record is not even close to DeLoreans.

LMAO Shit. I never figured you for a spelling Nazi.

Btw, that's what happens when you type too damn fast.

Psyko Tek
12-01-2011, 12:52 AM
What do you know about 'NAM? You weren't there man!!! You don't know!!!!!!

Q

I have said the same about the 80's