PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs If Haley got fired......

bricks
12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
and let's say Andy Reid got fired, would you guys be open to having Andy Reid as the next head coach of the Chiefs? Yes or No? And why?

Bugeater
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM
No. Because your and idiot.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 08:43 PM
I would rather have Andy as our OC. But that wont happen. So I suppose HC would be ok. Honestly I just don't see any HC candidates that really stick out to me this year.

WV
12-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Obviously your open to it....why would you want him???

DMAC
12-01-2011, 08:45 PM
Obviously your open to it....why would you want him???

Because he saw the favorable graphic they just showed on TNF.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2011, 08:47 PM
No, McDumbass is the next HC.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-01-2011, 08:49 PM

I just dont see that the PR hit they would take.

stonedstooge
12-01-2011, 08:51 PM
Aren't there franchise coaches too?

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I just dont see that the PR hit they would take.

Well, I am fearful of it. I'd rather Haley stay if Pioli is thinking about making that move.

O.city
12-01-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't know who we bring in if he is in fact let go. I hate goin to a new coach but if it must be done so beit.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I anxiously await the first "Lets hire Norv Turner as HC" thread.

bevischief
12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
r

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 09:00 PM
I anxiously await the first "Lets hire Norv Turner as HC" thread.

I will kill people.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I will kill people.

I will kill animals.

bevischief
12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
e

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Don't want Andy Reid.

Really don't want a retread coach. I know we just went this way wth Haley, but if we get rid of him I think you just keep trying to find the next guy in line.

loochy
12-01-2011, 09:05 PM
Yes, because of reposQ

Hammock Parties
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Don't want Andy Reid.

Really don't want a retread coach. I know we just went this way wth Haley, but if we get rid of him I think you just keep trying to find the next guy in line.

Retread coaches win Super Bowls:

Gruden
Vermeil
Shanahan
Belichick

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM

Gruden
Vermeil
Shanahan
Belichick

Those 4 did. I think thats the exception not the norm tho.

DMAC
12-01-2011, 09:12 PM
I am actually all for Andy Reid being the Chiefs HC.

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Again just my opinion, but if we are gonna bring in a retread coach he isn't gonna wanna groom a rookie qb so it would be likely that we would be Casseled or Ortoned again.

One thing I would like about bringing in an up and coming guy and draft a qb would be that they would be somewhat tied together. Maybe would give the young coach the motivation to prove that he can develop a qb.

bevischief
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
q

TEX
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM

This. Of course.

DMAC
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Those 4 did. I think thats the exception not the norm tho.

He has done everything BUT win a superbowl. He is doing something right. Sign me up.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2011, 09:24 PM

Gruden
Vermeil
Shanahan
Belichick

One of these things is not like the other...

Hammock Parties
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
No, those guys all won Super Bowls with their 2nd teams.

And there's probably a few more. I don't think getting a retread coach is as bad as getting a retread QB.

Okie_Apparition
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
We have seen it enough to know. A retread will want to bring in coordinators & players he's worked with before.

Cowher has been away long enough he won't have much to pick from. Fisher was surrounded by trash. Gruden wouldn't know a QB if it shit in his face. Shanahan has been around long enough to want to employ family like Marty.

milkman
12-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Andy Reid has a well earned reputation as a QB guru, but he failed to properly utilize the talent and versatility of Bryant Westbrook through the years, and the Eagles have been underachivers since Jim Johnson died.

I've always felt that Reid was overrated because of those things.

No, I would not want Reid.

Discuss Thrower
12-01-2011, 09:28 PM

And there's probably a few more. I don't think getting a retread coach is as bad as getting a retread QB.

You say Bill Belicheck... I say Tom Brady.
You say Shanarat... I say Elway
You say Vermeil... I say Warner (to an extent)
You say Gruden.... see where I'm going?

O.city

No.

I don't want either at this point. I think the point is moot tho as Haley will likely be here next year.

It will be justified in that he is a year removed from winning the division with a young team that was decimated by injuries.

Like it or not that's the drivel that will be spouted.

Hammock Parties
I think the point is moot tho as Haley will likely be here next year.

He's gone.

Hammock Parties
12-01-2011, 09:29 PM
We have seen it enough to know. A retread will want to bring in coordinators & players he's worked with before.

So will a fresh coach like Haley, who brought in every Cardinal under the sun.

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:30 PM
He's gone.

I don't think so man. He might very well be and it is probably justified I just don't see it going down.

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:31 PM
So will a fresh coach like Haley, who brought in every Cardinal under the sun.

This is one good thing about going the college coach direction. He can't bring in guys from other franchises he's worked with that suck balls.

Okie_Apparition
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Fisher should have a tree after 18 some odd years. Who are they

DMAC
12-01-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't think so man. He might very well be and it is probably justified I just don't see it going down.

If he stays, I hope he plays to the players strengths a bit more, instead of trying to make them conform to his scheme completely.

They need to realize they just dont have the talent or depth for that.

Demonpenz
12-01-2011, 09:35 PM
We should bring in Turner Gill

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:36 PM
If he stays, I hope he plays to the players strengths a bit more, instead of trying to make them conform to his scheme completely.

They need to realize they just dont have the talent or depth for that.

With a legit qb they absolutely have the strength and talent to run the offense he ran in Arizona.

Doesn't mean they will tho.

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:36 PM
We shoulda hired McCarthy when he was a Chiefs assistant.

DMAC
12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
With a legit qb they absolutely have the strength and talent to run the offense he ran in Arizona.

Doesn't mean they will tho.

Well, yeah...

Bump
12-01-2011, 09:37 PM
You say Bill Belicheck... I say Tom Brady.
You say Shanarat... I say Elway
You say Vermeil... I say Warner (to an extent)
You say Gruden.... see where I'm going?

Vermeil personally found warner. No Vermeil, Kurt Warner is still bagging groceries, or he might have made it to assistant manager by now.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Fisher should have a tree after 18 some odd years. Who are they

Shwartz

Greg Williams

Mike Munchak

Okie_Apparition
12-01-2011, 09:42 PM
Okay, that's not trash

Chief_For_Life58
12-01-2011, 10:16 PM
No. Because your and idiot.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::hmmm:LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO:DLMAO

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM
Well....It's looking like Andy Reid will be fired soon. JMO.

jAZ
12-01-2011, 10:26 PM

In.
A.
Heartbeat.

I'd much prefer this were the Chiefs seasons since 2000.

PHI 2000 11 5 - 2nd in NFC East - Lost to New York Giants in NFC Divisional Game.
PHI 2001 11 5 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to St. Louis Rams in NFC Championship Game.
PHI 2002 12 4 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to Tampa Bay Buccaneers in NFC Championship Game.
PHI 2003 12 4 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to Carolina Panthers in NFC Championship Game.
PHI 2004 13 3 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXIX.
PHI 2006 10 6 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to New Orleans Saints in NFC Divisional Game.
PHI 2008 9 6 - 2nd in NFC East - Lost to Arizona Cardinals in NFC Championship Game.
PHI 2009 11 5 - 2nd in NFC East - Lost to Dallas Cowboys in NFC Wild Card Game.
PHI 2010 10 6 - 1st in NFC East - Lost to Green Bay Packers in NFC Wild Card Game.

Brock
12-01-2011, 10:29 PM
Retread coaches need to stay the fuck away from my team along with traded backup QBs. When will we ever learn?

evolve27
12-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Retread coaches need to stay the **** away from my team along with traded backup QBs. When will we ever learn?

I'd take Cowher.

jlscorpio
12-01-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd love to have him, plus his sons can get better meth in the midwest

jAZ
12-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Retread coaches need to stay the fuck away from my team along with traded backup QBs. When will we ever learn?

I respect the philosophy, but in this case I think the Eagles are crazy for considering dumping their HC after this season. So I wouldn't call Reid a "retred".

Brock
12-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I don't believe for a minute that they will fire him.

jlscorpio
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Oh I think they will. This season has been beyond an abortion. He's been there too long, ala Marty

Rams Fan
12-01-2011, 10:45 PM

His offense is averaging 12 points a game.

Do you really think they would hire him as HC?

jlscorpio
12-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Belichik lackeys make lousy head coaches/GM's.

FAX
12-01-2011, 11:31 PM

That's 9 points more than us.

Baby steps.

FAX

Boss Hog
12-02-2011, 01:55 AM
If Haleys gets fired does the whole coaching staff get fired?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:10 AM
If Haleys gets fired does the whole coaching staff get fired?

probably not.

Its not like its Haleys staff or anything.

Most are handpicked Pioli guys.

Caseyguyrr
12-02-2011, 03:13 AM
i would take him in a second, hes gone to 5 nfc championship games, even though he never won the super bowl, they were always kicking ass.

Smed1065
12-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Because he saw the favorable graphic they just showed on TNF.

OMG

Smed1065
12-02-2011, 03:22 AM

So its better than the NFC?

Smed1065
12-02-2011, 03:24 AM

Go Rams.

They have a QB. No save aLL?

Smed1065
12-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Go Rams.

They have a QB. No save aLL?

BS, They say it fixes all.

Ask the gurus......

whoman69
12-02-2011, 08:34 AM
Reid is tired. He no longer has the drive to win a championship. Look at him in his press conferences. They need to check for a pulse.

Simply Red
12-02-2011, 08:43 AM

He's a walking heart attack, unfortunately; plus there are a lot more important problems than Andy Reid to worry about.

- Like what ?

Well, we have to end apartheid, for one,
slow down the nuclear arms race, stop terrorism and world hunger.
We have to provide food and shelter for the homeless...
and oppose racial discrimination and promote civil rights,
while also promoting equal rights for women.
We have to encourage a return...
to traditional moral values.
Most importantly,
we have to promote general social concern...
and less materialism in young people.

suds79
12-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Here's the problem I have with 90% of coaching suggestions around here if Todd is fired.

I think we can all admit there are some better coaches out there.

Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Fisher, probably some others I'm forgetting.

What makes anybody think Scott would hire one of them? I don't see that at all. If we fire Todd, you can bank on an old buddy of Scott's (ex: McDaniels) or some other 1st timer HC.

Scott is not going to give up that power with a coaching name as big or bigger than his own.

Am I missing something??

Quesadilla Joe
12-02-2011, 08:49 AM

I don't see him getting a HC'ing job for a while, not with the way Bradford has regressed this year.

FloridaMan88
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
I think Reid needs a year or two off to refresh before taking another job.

I think he would be a solid choice, especially with the Chiefs (hopefully) drafting a QB in the first round next April, but I can't see him immediately jumping into another job if Philly fires him.

htismaqe
12-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Here's the problem I have with 90% of coaching suggestions around here if Todd is fired.

I think we can all admit there are some better coaches out there.

Reid, Gruden, Cowher, Fisher, probably some others I'm forgetting.

What makes anybody think Scott would hire one of them? I don't see that at all. If we fire Todd, you can bank on an old buddy of Scott's (ex: McDaniels) or some other 1st timer HC.

Scott is not going to give up that power with a coaching name as big or bigger than his own.

Am I missing something??

That list is sickening.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 09:29 AM
50% + of being a successful head coach is dependent on who you hire as your OC and DC.

bricks
12-02-2011, 09:42 AM
The main reason why I brought this up is because I want to see everybody's opinion on this. Quarterback is something that is highly emphasized around here and it seems like practically every Chiefs fan wants a quarterback. You need someone to develop that quarterback right? And we all know it is obviously the most important position on the team, so it may be a good thing to be open to the idea of having a coach who specializes in that category?

If they are still in rebuilding mode, and they want to do things right, it starts with drafting a quarterback, and having the right guy to develop him. And yeah I would be open to Reid for that reason.

But there are some good points expressed in this thread. Part of the reason why he was very successful was because he did have Jim Johnson as his def. coordinator for many years. The only thing about having a new coach is that most of the time it usually means an entire new coaching staff. Im not a fan of Haley but there some good coaches under him. Crennel and Hoffman are worth keeping. If a new coach like Reid came in, do those guys go too? Thats the thing Im concerned about. Id be open to hiring Reid, but if the Chiefs could keep Romeo and Hoffman on top, that would be awesome.

A hiring like this may may or may not happen. I could only see it happening if Pioli could think outside of his own box. If he sticks within his own tree, then we could cancel out Reid as a possibility. And think about other guys, i.e, McDaniels.

JD10367
12-02-2011, 09:58 AM
As a Patriots fan, if Belichick announced tomorrow that he was retiring, and the selection pool was retreads, my preference would be:

1.) Gruden
2.) Cowher
3.) Reid
4.) Fisher

Frankly, aside from those four, I can't think of any former coach who would do much better than Haley. Despite some weird playcalling, and the whole sticking-with-Palko thing, I think Haley's been okay for a young coach. I'm still not sure I would dump him if I were Chiefs execs (or fans). Let's face it; when they lost Moeaki, Berry, and Charles right off the bat, 99.9% of you expected failure. And now you're pissed off that they're failing? :shrug: The team just wasn't deep enough yet to overcome that kind of talent loss. No team is a powerhouse across the board. The Packers have a weak D; so do the Patriots. The Ravens, Steelers, Niners... all have holes, all have letdowns. It's a tough league to win in. Given the circumstances, I doubt the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi does much better this season than Haley (although Lombardi probably would've put Cassel on IR himself by punching him in the face after a stupid INT).

DMAC
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
50% + of being a successful head coach is dependent on who you hire as your OC and DC.

And how you work with them. ;)

Dragonocho
12-02-2011, 10:16 AM
We should bring in Turner Gill

Or Mark Mangino. I heard he was going to visit KC but couldnt find 435 without a diet and some exercise.

MahiMike
12-02-2011, 10:40 AM
After last night's game, I can't see how Reid survives this season.

MahiMike
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
As a Patriots fan, if Belichick announced tomorrow that he was retiring, and the selection pool was retreads, my preference would be:

1.) Gruden
2.) Cowher
3.) Reid
4.) Fisher

Frankly, aside from those four, I can't think of any former coach who would do much better than Haley. Despite some weird playcalling, and the whole sticking-with-Palko thing, I think Haley's been okay for a young coach. I'm still not sure I would dump him if I were Chiefs execs (or fans). Let's face it; when they lost Moeaki, Berry, and Charles right off the bat, 99.9% of you expected failure. And now you're pissed off that they're failing? :shrug: The team just wasn't deep enough yet to overcome that kind of talent loss. No team is a powerhouse across the board. The Packers have a weak D; so do the Patriots. The Ravens, Steelers, Niners... all have holes, all have letdowns. It's a tough league to win in. Given the circumstances, I doubt the reincarnation of Vince Lombardi does much better this season than Haley (although Lombardi probably would've put Cassel on IR himself by punching him in the face after a stupid INT).

I agree. If Jack Del Rio and Marvin Lewis made it as long as they have, Haley deserves AT LEAST another year.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Bad organiziations play the knee jerk reaction and change schemes every other year. There's something to be said about the players knowing the scheme going into the year. That said, Muir is obviously not up to the job. Crennel has done better, but I hate it when he gets in that mode where he can't get the D off the field. Haley just needs to call the plays and stop the relay system. Give us a QB and see what this team really can do.

Brock
12-02-2011, 11:17 AM
I agree. If Jack Del Rio and Marvin Lewis made it as long as they have, Haley deserves AT LEAST another year.

So because two of the worst football organizations in the NFL kept their coaches around too long, we should do it too?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 12:18 PM
80% + of being a successful head coach is dependent on who he brings in as his quarterback.

FYP

TribalChief
12-02-2011, 03:16 PM
No way.