PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Matt Barkley Files NFL Paperwork

Titty Meat
12-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Blow 4 Barkley!

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/7301490/usc-trojans-quarterback-matt-barkley-takes-step-filing-paperwork-nfl

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Sweet.

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:15 PM
Dudes gonna be a Chief. It's fate.

I am a Chief fans, my dogs name is Barkley.

There ya go.

Scorp
12-01-2011, 09:17 PM

There ya go.

Well my dogs name is RGIII so there's that!

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:18 PM

Well it's win win.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 09:20 PM
USC QB's scare me so much. Although I do like Barkley, that alma mater knocks him down a bit in my book. Has there ever been a great USC QB? Palmer is the closest thing I can think of and he didn't live up to his expectations.

BigMeatballDave
12-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Pioli is gonna draft Taylor Martinez...

RealSNR
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM
My sister has a cat named Lucky. Does that count?

O.city
12-01-2011, 09:22 PM
The thing with USC qbs is that they always have crazy amounts of talent around them cause USC is USC.

However Barkley seems a little different in that his oline isn't really that great outside of Kalil. He has really improved alot aswell with accuraccy and overall qb skills.

KCrockaholic
12-01-2011, 09:24 PM
The thing with USC qbs is that they always have crazy amounts of talent around them cause USC is USC.

However Barkley seems a little different in that his oline isn't really that great outside of Kalil. He has really improved alot aswell with accuraccy and overall qb skills.

I agree. But I won't believe in USC QB's until I see one.

Scorp
12-01-2011, 09:24 PM
My sister has a cat named Lucky. Does that count?

No No No........... It was your sisters pussy that was named Lucky. LMAO

Willie Lanier
12-01-2011, 10:40 PM
Shocker

Urc Burry
12-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Technically he hasn't declared... He just submitted to the draft evaluators where he will likely be picked. Granted when he sees the results he will likely declare

evolve27
12-01-2011, 10:56 PM
I pray every nite that my family is safe and that we land our QBOTF with this draft. Well the QB thing is more of a hope, ha.

jlscorpio
12-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I could see him and Chucky together in Miami

Spicy McHaggis
12-01-2011, 11:01 PM
My friend in KC was looking for a new roommate on craigslist and he said that Matt Barkley contacted him about it, but that Matt backed out when he learned the place didn't allow pets.

evolve27
12-01-2011, 11:05 PM
My friend in KC was looking for a new roommate on craigslist and he said that Matt Barkley contacted him about it, but that Matt backed out when he learned the place didn't allow pets.

LMAO

Bullshit

SenselessChiefsFan
12-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I have a dog named Cassel. I am surprised it is still breathing after every Chiefs game.

My cat Palko looks worried.

KC_Lee
12-02-2011, 09:30 AM
I have a dog named Cassel. I am surprised it is still breathing after every Chiefs game.

Do you have a pet named Stanzi that is not allowed to play at all?

SenselessChiefsFan
12-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Do you have a pet named Stanzi that is not allowed to play at all?

Yeah, I have a parrot named stanzi. He sits on the bench.

talastan
12-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Yeah, I have a parrot named stanzi. He sits on the bench.

Better than *****ing about your neighbors dog named Sanchez.

Rooster
12-02-2011, 09:42 AM

LMAO

I used to have a dog named Bono. :eek: There might be something to this.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 11:27 AM

There ya go.

My dog is named Fritz. Who can we get?

whoman69
12-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Euthanasia.

Micjones
12-02-2011, 11:29 AM
I don't have a dog. That tell you anything?

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
My dog is named Fritz. Who can we get?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/member.php?u=11134

Good luck.

Sofa King
12-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have a dog. That tell you anything?

You don't like it ruff?

Micjones
12-02-2011, 11:36 AM
You don't like it ruff?

Lol...whut?

Warrior5
12-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Barkley doesn't need a haircut... I like him.

lcarus
12-02-2011, 12:06 PM
We'll pass on a USC quarterback because he is a USC quarterback, and Barkley will be the first real stud USC quarterback. Then we'll say "Damn...should have taken that USC quarterback".

I don't actually think it will play out that way, but it seems about like our luck.

Molitoth
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I saw Barkley in an interview the other day and after the question was asked why you are ready for the NFL he answered with something along the lines of "I want to be financially secure". And while I understand everyone wants to be rich, I'd like to see my future QB talk about his love for the game, and not about money.

lcarus
12-02-2011, 12:17 PM
I saw Barkley in an interview the other day and after the question was asked why you are ready for the NFL he answered with something along the lines of "I want to be financially secure". And while I understand everyone wants to be rich, I'd like to see my future QB talk about his love for the game, and not about money.

At least he's honest?

RGIII it is.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Thats definitely a strike.

Do you have a link to that interview?

I know they are totally different kids, but I will always remember Leaf talking about how he was gonna go right to vegas.

Dumbassery at its peak.

Molitoth
12-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Do you have a link to that interview?

It was on either Sportscenter or NFLN on Wednesday.
I don't remember what segment, sorry. =(

EDIT: Found it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7301484

Just not a good interview by the kid imo,... he just seems really immature. Inner gut feeling has me thinking he will bust.

suds79
12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
At least he's honest?

RGIII it is.

I saw Sam Mellinger say in the chat the other day when asked about which one he thinks the Chiefs would pick.

While he admitted he doesn't know, he guessed it would be Griffin. He thinks Matt Barkley is the type of QB you can find in the first round of the draft nearly every year where as RG3 brings something different. Something special.

Granted that's his opinion but when I think about it? I think he's right.

TimeForWasp
12-02-2011, 12:30 PM
I once told someone they orton do what they are doing. I hope that is not a sign.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
TBH, I'm really cooling off on RG3 if we are picking in the top 10.

I seriously question his ability to sustain a long and productive career as a quarterback in this league.

His skill set and playing style is fairly similar to Randall Cunninghams and RC only started 135 games out of the 256 games played during his career.

He also may well be a guy that has to have an offense tailor fit to his skill set to maximize his potential and then you have a situation where we need to pigeon hole ourselves into that system and would have to have a similar type quarterback s the backup that could continue to lead that offense if/when RG3 goes down.

Dont get me wrong, he would give us one hell of an exciting player to watch and he would be able to put points on the board and butts in the seats, but one has to wonder if when all is said and done, if he would be worth all that would come with him.

ChiefsCountry
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
It was on either Sportscenter or NFLN on Wednesday.
I don't remember what segment, sorry. =(

EDIT: Found it.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7301484

Just not a good interview by the kid imo,... he just seems really immature. Inner gut feeling has me thinking he will bust.

And here it comes the annual knocking every QB prospect for everything when it really doesn't mean nothing. He is going to bust just because he said he wants to be financially sure. Geez the stupidty on here.

Here is the written article from that interview:
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/7301490/usc-trojans-quarterback-matt-barkley-takes-step-filing-paperwork-nfl

"I think finishing out on a good note here at USC was something I wanted to do, and now that we've done that, there's a chance for my future to be financially secure, to move on. There's a couple reasons but it almost seems like the reasons to stay might outweigh those [to leave] with all the guys coming back. Both sides, I look at it and it almost seems to good to be true," Barkley said.

Earlier this month, Barkley said his father, Les, would handle much of the behind-the-scenes work on his decision of whether to declare for the draft, including meeting with potential agents and looking into ways to protect the long-term investment if he does return.

"As of now, I'm still 50-50. I haven't decided. I haven't even begun that process of looking at either side. I'm still enjoying this season, enjoying last week's win against UCLA. Starting next week, I'll really dive into that. I still have some school left and some finals. So once those get out of the way and I can focus on the decision, that's where my attention will be," Barkley said.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:00 PM
And here it comes the annual knocking every QB prospect for everything when it really doesn't mean nothing. He is going to bust just because he said he wants to be financially sure. Geez the stupidty on here.

Its all part of the process for me.

I try to weigh things and then judge by those factors what I would do in the teams situation.

Like it or not, bringing up the money as the reason for going pro is a strike against him.

Of course that's what he is thinking, but its not the answer he should give.

JMO

Molitoth
12-02-2011, 01:04 PM
He is going to bust just because he said he wants to be financially sure. Geez the stupidty on here.

I don't think wanting to be financially secure is the reason he will bust. I just have a gut feeling he will. Just like other people have gut feelings other players will bust. None of us know, we are just guessing. I'm not "stupid" because of it, but I suppose we can revisit this thread in a few years and see if I am right.

And I don't care what you think, Matt Barkley botched that interview in my book. His answers were not well thought out or spoken. He lack the maturity that a lot of players DO have. These high profile players are taught to say and do the right things if they want to represent the NFL. If you think he's going to come in and lead a Chiefs team to the playoffs, then good for you... but I don't.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Here we go again...again.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Next BossChief is going to tell us how he's cooled off on Andrew Luck too because he's been a little bumpy lately.

RealSNR
TBH, I'm really cooling off on RG3 if we are picking in the top 10.

I seriously question his ability to sustain a long and productive career as a quarterback in this league.

His skill set and playing style is fairly similar to Randall Cunninghams and RC only started 135 games out of the 256 games played during his career.

He also may well be a guy that has to have an offense tailor fit to his skill set to maximize his potential and then you have a situation where we need to pigeon hole ourselves into that system and would have to have a similar type quarterback s the backup that could continue to lead that offense if/when RG3 goes down.

Dont get me wrong, he would give us one hell of an exciting player to watch and he would be able to put points on the board and butts in the seats, but one has to wonder if when all is said and done, if he would be worth all that would come with him.I disagree. RGIII's arm/throwing motion isn't the thing that needs correcting. It's his knowledge of operating a pro offense.

That's something that he will have no problems picking up, as smart as he is. The footwork, the understanding of the pocket, everything. He's already taking snaps under center. He's already used to understanding coverages. I think it will take some time, sure, but there's absolutely no reason why an NFL offense should have to go Tyler Thigpen/Tim Tebow for him.

BigCatDaddy
I don't think wanting to be financially secure is the reason he will bust. I just have a gut feeling he will. Just like other people have gut feelings other players will bust. None of us know, we are just guessing. I'm not "stupid" because of it, but I suppose we can revisit this thread in a few years and see if I am right.

And I don't care what you think, Matt Barkley botched that interview in my book. His answers were not well thought out or spoken. He lack the maturity that a lot of players DO have. These high profile players are taught to say and do the right things if they want to represent the NFL. If you think he's going to come in and lead a Chiefs team to the playoffs, then good for you... but I don't.

:facepalm:

Did you happen to catch Cam Newton on Gruden's show last year? It was a Bill Walton HORRIBAL and yet he is kicking ass and taking names as a rook.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Barkley seems like your typical USC QB. A kid that was highly recruited throughout high school. A kid who has had the best training money can buy since high school. He's spent his summers throwing with Palmer and Leinart and other pros. He should be polished and be a head above other college QB's with all of the training he's received.

USC still has a ton of talent and plays a relatively easy schedule. I don't see anything from him that distinguishes him from Sanchez or Leinart as college players.

I think Mellinger is right that there isn't anything really special about him.

In a way he reminds me a bit of Clausen.

BossChief

While you pointed out a valid strike against Barkley, it doens't mean that he couldn't come in and lead this team to the playoffs...shit, maybe even do so in his first year.

By saying that, you are neglecting the serious amount of talent this team has on offense, especially the talent we will have next year after returning JC and Moeaki as well as a new crop of drafted players and free agents.

Chief_For_Life58
I saw Sam Mellinger say in the chat the other day when asked about which one he thinks the Chiefs would pick.

While he admitted he doesn't know, he guessed it would be Griffin. He thinks Matt Barkley is the type of QB you can find in the first round of the draft nearly every year where as RG3 brings something different. Something special.

Granted that's his opinion but when I think about it? I think he's right.

I hope that youre right that hes right

KC_Lee
12-02-2011, 01:12 PM

While that is fair comparison, the eras which Cunningham played was much different than now; mobile QBs are more the norm now than then.

Also, Buddy Ryan only asked the Cunningham give him 5 “big” plays a game and the defense would win the game during his tenure in Philly.

lcarus
12-02-2011, 01:14 PM
I have no idea why, but I just cannot see Pioli drafting RGIII. Just can't see it.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Barkley seems like your typical USC QB. I kid that was highly recruited throughout high school. A kid who has had the best training money can buy since high school. He's spent his summers throwing with Palmer and Leinart and other pros. He should be polished and be a head above other college QB's with all of the training he's received.

USC still has a ton of talent and plays a relatively easy schedule. I don't see anything from him that distinguishes him from Sanchez or Leinart as college players.

I think Mellinger is right that there isn't anything really special about him.

In a way he reminds me a bit of Clausen.

Please stop it with the he's from USC bullshit.

Micjones
12-02-2011, 01:15 PM

If I'm going to risk my life and my ability to lift a spoon on my own...
Yeah, I think I'd want to be financially secure in return.

Hell, if he'd never played a down of football in his life he'd be in college seeking the same kind of security.

This moral framework people try to force onto sports (which at their core are anything but) is always strange to me.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 01:16 PM
has there ever been a college QB good enough for chiefs fans?

Molitoth
12-02-2011, 01:17 PM

Did you happen to catch Cam Newton on Gruden's show last year? It was a Bill Walton HORRIBAL and yet he is kicking ass and taking names as a rook.

Most people that I saw were labeling Newton as an overhyped bust waiting to happen. They were wrong,(as of now)... and I may be about Barkley... and I accept that.
Although, we saw what a couple of these other QB's have done in their second years. We will see what Cam does in his sophmore/junior season.

Chiefnj2

Why? The School does a great job recruiting 5 star recruits and coaching them up so they get drafted in the NFL. They churn out NFL QBs.

BigCatDaddy

But Orakpo was a typical Texas OLB!

Chiefnj2
has there ever been a college QB good enough for chiefs fans?

So, you are okay if KC takes Foles in the first?

Chief_For_Life58
12-02-2011, 01:18 PM
If I'm going to risk my life and my ability to lift a spoon on my own...
Yeah, I think I'd want to be financially secure in return.

Hell, if he'd never played a down of football in his life he'd be in college seeking the same kind of security.

This moral framework people try to force onto sports (which at their core are anything but) is always strange to me.

good point. very true

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 01:18 PM
So, you are okay if KC takes Foles in the first?

no idea what that has to do with my post, but sure...

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 01:19 PM
no idea what that has to do with my post, but sure...

Fine. You are in the camp of take any QB. You don't care who it is. Don't talk about the negatives of any of them.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Fine. You are in the camp of take any QB. You don't care who it is. Don't talk about the negatives of any of them.

nah, I'm in the 'not-spending-30-years-making-up-excuses-to-not-draft-a-qb" camp....

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:21 PM
Next BossChief is going to tell us how he's cooled off on Andrew Luck too because he's been a little bumpy lately.
Not a chance.

Let me put it this way....

If we are sitting at 2nd overall, I would STILL trade a boatload to trade up with Indy to draft Luck.

IMO Luck gives you the best of both worlds and is clearly the best prospect in this class and its not a 1a and 1b situation that some are making it out to be.
I disagree. RGIII's arm/throwing motion isn't the thing that needs correcting. It's his knowledge of operating a pro offense.

That's something that he will have no problems picking up, as smart as he is. The footwork, the understanding of the pocket, everything. He's already taking snaps under center. He's already used to understanding coverages. I think it will take some time, sure, but there's absolutely no reason why an NFL offense should have to go Tyler Thigpen/Tim Tebow for him.

Im not saying that at all and I agree that his learning curve will likely be smaller than some might think... but if we are gonna maximize his immense potential, we need to run an offense that utilizes aall of his strengths and Im not sure his frame could handle the amount of abuse it would endue year in and year out.

Keep inmind, this is coming form a guy that would do almost anything to draft a real franchise quarterback....Im just not gonna cover my eyes and plug my ears and think that he would be coming in with a lot of experience in running an offense that resembles what he would be asked to do in the NFL if we are to have a chance at winning a championship with him.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
nah, I'm in the 'not-spending-30-years-making-up-excuses-to-not-draft-a-qb" camp....

Exactly, you can find some type of fault in any QB.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Why? The School does a great job recruiting 5 star recruits and coaching them up so they get drafted in the NFL. They churn out NFL QBs.

Lane Kiffin is a great coach?

suds79
12-02-2011, 01:23 PM

I think this is a legitimate concern if RG3 was just another Michael Vick running QB who takes hits.

Those type of guys almost always get hurt.

But I've seen enough of his games this year where I see him playing smart and sliding most of the time. This is huge and why I think he's different.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 01:27 PM

So you can't talk about things you perceive as faults?

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM
So you can't talk about things you perceive as faults?

Sure, you just shouldn't exaggerate them to the joint of making an excuse to pass on a quality QB to take a RT.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Sure, you just shouldn't exaggerate them to the joint of making an excuse to pass on a quality QB to take a RT.

Who said that?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:29 PM
true, but you also have to acknowledge that a lot of the concerns with the big name quarterbacks seem to be legit concerns for them as NFL quarterbacks, as well.
I think this is a legitimate concern if RG3 was just another Michael Vick running QB who takes hits.

Those type of guys almost always get hurt.

But I've seen enough of his games this year where I see him playing smart and sliding most of the time. This is huge and why I think he's different.You have a valid point there, as I have mentioned it a few times as well. The kid is very smart and seems to know how to protect himself...but the NFL is quite different than college. Players are bigger and faster across the board and if he is gonna be used to pick up yardage with his legs a couple times a game, he is gonna get hit and that is a concern as to his long term future.

Ill say it again, he is built similarly to Randall and plays similarly to him, as well. Randall missed almost half the games as a pro.

Would I be excited if we drafted him?

ABSOLUTELY

Would I be surprised if some of the concerns I have with him show their face during his career in the NFL?

Not at all.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:32 PM
Who said that?

You and Molitoth.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
we can't draft Barkley because...wait for it...he's from USC

really deep analysis of his faults here...plus, he admitted in an interview that he expects to be paid for playing professional football....STRIKE TWO MR. BARKLEY, I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU

and we can't draft RGIII because black QBs get injured in the nfl...wait, I meant to say because option QBs get injured...wait, he doesn't run an option offense, I meant to say because black QBs get injured in the NFL...plus no good pro QBs have ever come out of Baylor, so none ever will; just like the fact that some USC QBs failed means that all will in the future..

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Who said that?

nobody here would defend a move like that.

Im one of the biggest Iowa fans on here and I would want to burn Arrowhead to the ground if we pass on any of the top 4 or 5 quarterbacks for Riley Reiff.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:34 PM
You and Boss Chief.

Show me where the fuck I said that, moron.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Show me where the **** I said that, moron.

Wrong guy in the thread. My bad.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 01:37 PM
You and Molitoth.

Show me where I said I'd pass on Barkley for a tackle.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:43 PM
we can't draft Barkley because...wait for it...he's from USC

really deep analysis of his faults here...plus, he admitted in an interview that he expects to be paid for playing professional football....STRIKE TWO MR. BARKLEY, I SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU

and we can't draft RGIII because black QBs get injured in the nfl...wait, I meant to say because option QBs get injured...wait, he doesn't run an option offense, I meant to say because black QBs get injured in the NFL...plus no good pro QBs have ever come out of Baylor, so none ever will; just like the fact that some USC QBs failed means that all will in the future..

Everyone here wants us to draft a quarterback.

Nothing wrong wiith talking about each of their faults.

As far as Barkley goes, he has his faults, too.

1) his arm is good, but nothing special.

2) he had a tendency to be a Jekyll or Hyde type player. Great one half of the game and poor the other half.

3) He forces throws. Even though he cut back on this as a senior, the way he did it in his other years makes it a legit thing to watch for.

4) he plays in California and hasnt really had to deal with much bad weather....bad weather he would be facing every year as a Chiefs quarterback.

Do any of those make me turn my head and look elsewhere if he is there when we pick? FUCK NO.....would I be surprised if any or all of these are serious concerns for him as a pro? Not a bit.

There is NOTHING wrong with talking about a players deficiencies and getting everything out in the open to try and come to a consensus, of sorts, on who we think would be the best fit for us.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 01:45 PM

If ANYBODY here ever says that, they deserve to be tar and feathered and then sent into a burning aids forest to suffer.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:48 PM

When you say he reminds you of Clausen that seems to indicate you don't feel he is worth a 1st round pick and would thus require a player of another position be taken or another QB. It seemed as if you were on the No QB bandwagon to me. If you are on the RG3 bandwagon then my bad. Either way a QB HAS to be taken in the 1st round this year. If they aren't there trade up.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:50 PM
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Just talked with an exec who thinks Boise's Kellen Moore is a better prospect than Baylor's Robert Griffin. Kinda interesting.
30 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply

ROFL Watch it be Pioli

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 01:52 PM
Everyone here wants us to draft a quarterback.

Nothing wrong wiith talking about each of their faults.

As far as Barkley goes, he has his faults, too.

1) his arm is good, but nothing special.

2) he had a tendency to be a Jekyll or Hyde type player. Great one half of the game and poor the other half.

3) He forces throws. Even though he cut back on this as a senior, the way he did it in his other years makes it a legit thing to watch for.

4) he plays in California and hasnt really had to deal with much bad weather....bad weather he would be facing every year as a Chiefs quarterback.

Do any of those make me turn my head and look elsewhere if he is there when we pick? **** NO.....would I be surprised if any or all of these are serious concerns for him as a pro? Not a bit.

There is NOTHING wrong with talking about a players deficiencies and getting everything out in the open to try and come to a consensus, of sorts, on who we think would be the best fit for us.

he plays in California....that is awesome...i've heard it all now

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Luck has thrown a pick once every 44 attempts Barkley once every 63 attempts. Not saying Barkley is better but since we won't have a chance at Luck he seems like the "safe" QB pick. Worth considering since Pioli always drafts the "safe" pick besides the 2 fuck ups in RD 2 of 2010.

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 01:58 PM
AlbertBreer Albert Breer
Just talked with an exec who thinks Boise's Kellen Moore is a better prospect than Baylor's Robert Griffin. Kinda interesting.
30 Nov Favorite Retweet Reply

ROFL Watch it be Pioli

Moore>Tebow

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 01:59 PM
Barkley his last 6 games 70% completion 23 TD's 2 INT.

The guy is a fucking stud.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:01 PM
he plays in California....that is awesome...i've heard it all now

So, Barkley NEVER having played in a snow game in his life is of no concern to you?

Not even when roughly half his games in KC would be under these conditions?

JFC, if some of you want to just pick anybody and not talk objectively about their positives and negatives, to each their own...but some of us want to go in with our eyes open.

The Franchise
12-02-2011, 02:03 PM

So, Barkley NEVER having played in a snow game in his life is of no concern to you?

JFC, if some of you want to just pick anybody and not talk objectively about their positives and negatives, to each their own...but some of us want to go in with our eyes open.

Aaron Rodgers?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:04 PM
Barkley his last 6 games 70% completion 23 TD's 2 INT.

The guy is a fucking stud.

very impressive.

Id still trade our 1, 2 and next years 2 to go up and take Luck over him.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:07 PM

no, him playing in California means nothing, it is fucking stupid

I mean look what happened to Rodgers in Green Bay...sometimes he can't even throw because he's too busy holding a cup of hot chocolate to warm his California hands...

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
Aaron Rodgers?Barkley isnt gonna drop into the 20s and be given 3 years to sit and adjust.

Look, if we are sitting at 2nd overall....Im taking Barkley and the pick would be made in less than 1 minute as I would run the card up myself.

Im just trying to have a conversation about his negatives and see what the responses are and how people perceive some of his flaws (if we want to call them that)

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:08 PM
and does it work the other way?

are college QBs from Michigan avoided by pro-teams in California?

too sweaty to hold onto the ball or something?

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 02:10 PM

I'm all for that, let's just make sure we get SOMEBODY.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 02:11 PM
RGIII > Barkley

The Franchise
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
Barkley isnt gonna drop into the 20s and be given 3 years to sit and adjust.

Look, if we are sitting at 2nd overall....Im taking Barkley and the pick would be made in less than 1 minute as I would run the card up myself.

Im just trying to have a conversation about his negatives and see what the responses are and how people perceive some of his flaws (if we want to call them that)

So what you're saying is that if Rodgers didn't get the chance to sit for 3 years.....that he wouldn't have been able to adjust to the winter games?

Seriously?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:12 PM
no, him playing in California means nothing, it is fucking stupid

I mean look what happened to Rodgers in Green Bay...sometimes he can't even throw because he's too busy holding a cup of hot chocolate to warm his California hands...

JFC

get a grip

Aaron Rogers had 3 fucking years to practice and adjust to the difference in playing conditions.

Nobody will ever know what would have happened if he was let loose as a rookie in those conditions...we do know what happened to his predecessors who did.

If you want to just cover your eyes and act like he is perfect in every way, fine.

I will chose to be objective and bring up points to talk about that are very valid.

Him having never thrown (or pump fake, or take a shotgun snap or secure the ball while taking a sack) a frozen football is one of them.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:14 PM
So what you're saying is that if Rodgers didn't get the chance to sit for 3 years.....that he wouldn't have been able to adjust to the winter games?

Seriously?

not at all, Im just saying that we have no sample size to show us how he responds to those conditions...

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:16 PM
and does it work the other way?

are college QBs from Michigan avoided by pro-teams in California?

too sweaty to hold onto the ball or something?

thats just retarded

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM
JFC

get a grip

Aaron Rogers had 3 ****ing years to practice and adjust to the difference in playing conditions.

Nobody will ever know what would have happened if he was let loose as a rookie in those conditions...we do know what happened to his predecessors who did.

If you want to just cover your eyes and act like he is perfect in every way, fine.

I will chose to be objective and bring up points to talk about that are very valid.

Him having never thrown (or pump fake, or take a shotgun snap or secure the ball while taking a sack) a frozen football is one of them.

this is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard....playing in California is now a knock against football players...because they've never experienced cold weather...

it is straight up retarded...

I expect to read a lot of scouting reports this year that mention this, right?

BigCatDaddy
12-02-2011, 02:17 PM

You mean Brett Favre? Who played at Ole Miss and spent his first year in Atlanata before taking over in the 4th game of his 2nd year in the leage?

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Barkley

Cons:

plays for USC
plays in California
doesn't own a winter coat
expects to be paid to play football

Pros:

not black

RG3

Cons:

black
plays in an option offense
gets injured a a lot because of the option offense he doesn't actually play in
black

Pros:

owns a winter coat

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:23 PM
this is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard....playing in California is now a knock against football players...because they've never experienced cold weather...

it is straight up retarded...

I expect to read a lot of scouting reports this year that mention this, right?

Right now, you are sounding like Pioli Zombie defending anything patriot.

Its ok to talk about things that concerns about the kids we have a chance at drafting, isnt it?

I think Ive been very fair in my comments on Barkley and have been pointing out his strengths as well as his weaknesses...its too bad that anything said about him that isn't roses and rainbows is taken as "true fan" or whatever.

Does the fact that he hasnt ever played in a snow game a damning trait?

Fuck that, no.

He could end up being the best NFL QB in bad weather for all we know, or he could end up a guy with an average arm that his passes float when the weather gets bad and that leads him to be far less effective.

Im just saying its a point of concern that we play half the year under less than perfect conditions and that there is no tape of Barkley in those situations.

thats all

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Right now, you are sounding like Pioli Zombie defending anything patriot.

Its ok to talk about things that concerns about the kids we have a chance at drafting, isnt it?

I think Ive been very fair in my comments on Barkley and have been pointing out his strengths as well as his weaknesses...its too bad that anything said about him that isn't roses and rainbows is taken as "true fan" or whatever.

Does the fact that he hasnt ever played in a snow game a damning trait?

**** that, no.

He could end up being the best NFL QB in bad weather for all we know, or he could end up a guy with an average arm that his passes float when the weather gets bad and that leads him to be far less effective.

Im just saying its a point of concern that we play half the year under less than perfect conditions and that there is no tape of Barkley in those situations.

thats all

yes, I look forwarded to reading all the scouting reports of California players that mention they may not be able to handle cold weather...

the validity of your concern will be easy to prove when the draft rolls around and Mel and McShay are discussing how California QBs are unproven in cold weather...

I'll bump this thread then and apologize to you for being wrong about such an incredible insight...

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Barkley

Cons:

plays for USC
plays in California

Pros:

not black

RG3

Cons:

black
black

Pros:

owns a winter coat

So, that's how strawmen arguments work.

Thanks.

Dayze
12-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Barkley

Cons:

plays for USC
plays in California

Pros:

not black

RG3

Cons:

black
black

Pros:

owns a winter coat

LMAO

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
yes, I look forwarded to reading all the scouting reports of California players that mention they may not be able to handle cold weather...

the validity of your concern will be easy to prove when the draft rolls around and Mel and McShay are discussing how California QBs are unproven in cold weather...

I'll bump this thread then and apologize to you for being wrong about such an incredible insight...

@LATimesklein Gary Klein
Matt Barkley said he would be prepared for cold weather after making snow angels while shirtless as a kid.
1 Nov via TweetDeck

ROFL

Seems Im not the only one asking about him in cold weather.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:30 PM
So, that's how strawmen arguments work.

Thanks.

no, that's how I make fun of people who believe California players are going to be judged by scouts based on the weather....

Fritz88
12-02-2011, 02:35 PM
The Jizz over Barkley = Jizz over Clausen.

Bark = Claus

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 02:37 PM
@LATimesklein Gary Klein
Matt Barkley said he would be prepared for cold weather after making snow angels while shirtless as a kid.
1 Nov via TweetDeck

ROFL

Seems Im not the only one asking about him in cold weather.Great. Now he's gay.

So we either get the black QB or the gay California pansy.

WHY DO YOU HATE US, GOD??

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:38 PM
no, that's how I make fun of people who believe California players are going to be judged by scouts based on the weather....

You are a fool if you don't think its a factor.

As I have already said multiple times in this thread, I would take Barkley if we are drafting 2nd overall and it wouldn't take me more than a minute to get the card up to GODell.

Doesn't mean the lacking experience in cold weather isn't a factor into it, though.

That is all.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Great. Now he's gay.

So we either get the black QB or the gay California pansy.

WHY DO YOU HATE US, GOD??

I would be willing to bet money that if Barkley and Jones are both on the board, these fuck sticks will with either take Landry fucking Jones or Ryan Kahlil.

To me, he just looks like a younger, more polished version of their golden boy.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Now Pioli is a fuckstick?

FLIP FLOPPER

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 02:43 PM
I would be willing to bet money that if Barkley and Jones are both on the board, these fuck sticks will with either take Landry fucking Jones or Ryan Kahlil.

To me, he just looks like a younger, more polished version of their golden boy.I'm dreading that the one executive who said that Kellen Moore > RGIII is actually Pioli. I would not be surprised at all if it's him. It probably is, in fact.

And yet I'm so fucking desperate for a first round QB for this team I wouldn't be pissed if the Chiefs drafted Moore in the 1st round. How pathetic is that?

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 02:44 PM

Bark = Claus

Lol.

Nightfyre
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM
I don't think Barkley has the arm strength to succeed at the next level. The way he spoke about the Heisman in that interview also leads me to believe hes not a super team-player.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Bark = Claus

this reminds me of a thought I had last night.

3 quarterbacks have been the center of discussion around here the last 3 years or so.

Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Clausen
Blaine Gabbert

I wonder if all three will be available via trade during the offseason.

NY seems about ready to move on
Jimmy is buried
New regime might want a new QB in Jacksonville.

Id be ok with throwing a mid rounder for any of them....maybe a 2nd and change for Gabbert

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm dreading that the one executive who said that Kellen Moore > RGIII is actually Pioli. I would not be surprised at all if it's him. It probably is, in fact.

And yet I'm so fucking desperate for a first round QB for this team I wouldn't be pissed if the Chiefs drafted Moore in the 1st round. How pathetic is that?

Kellen Moore is 6-1 and 190 lbs.

No GM in this league is taking him in the 1st.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 02:47 PM
this reminds me of a thought I had last night.

3 quarterbacks have been the center of discussion around here the last 3 years or so.

Mark Sanchez
Jimmy Clausen
Blaine Gabbert

I wonder if all three will be available via trade during the offseason.

NY seems about ready to move on
Jimmy is buried
New regime might want a new QB in Jacksonville.

Id be ok with throwing a mid rounder for any of them....maybe a 2nd and change for Gabbert

You're pandering with Gabbert. Stop he sucks.

Sanchez isn't going anywhere.

If Jacksonville was going to get a new QB they would have fired Gene Smith the guy responsible for drafting Gabbert.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm dreading that the one executive who said that Kellen Moore > RGIII is actually Pioli. I would not be surprised at all if it's him. It probably is, in fact.

And yet I'm so ****ing desperate for a first round QB for this team I wouldn't be pissed if the Chiefs drafted Moore in the 1st round. How pathetic is that?

moore is better than stanzi, wouldn't freak if they took him late

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
plus Moore is a cold weather QB, so one less thing to worry about...

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Now Pioli is a fuckstick?

FLIP FLOPPER
I have no faith in Piolis ability to identify quarterback talent nor do I have any faith left that Haley would know who to play, either.

I have the utmost respect for the way Pioli has gone about building the rest of this roster, though.

No flip flopping there, at all.

My one hope is that Pioli put a lot of bad rumors out about Stanzi predraft to throw teams off the scent and that he got his kid at a discount due to that.

Just blind hope on that one, though.

I dont think it was an executive, it seems like it was one scout.

Im with you, though.

Just draft one....I dont even care if he busts.

Just

TRY

I don't think Barkley has the arm strength to succeed at the next level. The way he spoke about the Heisman in that interview also leads me to believe hes not a super team-player.

his arm isn't bad whatsoever....its actually above average, but arm strength is absolutely magnified in cold weather.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Todd Haley won't be here next year bruh.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Kellen Moore is 6-1 and 190 lbs.

No GM in this league is taking him in the 1st.

damn, is he really that small?

He doesnt look "big" by any stretch, but he doesnt look smaller than Brodie...

strange

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Todd Haley won't be here next year bruh.

Maybe.

Im ok wither way.....if Haley stays, good. I think he deserves a chance to coach this team at full strength with a good quarterback.

If he is fired, that probably ups our chances of drafting a QBOTF by at least 25%

BossChief
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
FTR, I think RG3 comes in closer to 6' 200 when the combine rolls around.

I dont see a kid that is 6'2 220 when I watch Baylor.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Maybe.

Im ok wither way.....if Haley stays, good. I think he deserves a chance to coach this team at full strength with a good quarterback.

If he is fired, that probably ups our chances of drafting a QBOTF by at least 25%

If that's what it takes to get a new QB then goodbye Todd. This team isn't winning shit with Cassel.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 03:00 PM
FTR, I think RG3 comes in closer to 6' 200 when the combine rolls around.

I dont see a kid that is 6'2 220 when I watch Baylor.

Would be interesting if he fell to the bottom of the 2nd.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 03:03 PM
Right now, Id be perfectly fine if we traded

Bowe
Carr
Dorsey
and our 1st

If that would be enough to move up to take Andrew Luck.

I think there is enough of a gap between he and the rest of the field for that to be worthwhile.

If Im Indy, I probably take that deal.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Would be interesting if he fell to the bottom of the 2nd.

It wouldnt matter THAT MUCH.

Vick was about that size and went 1st overall.

I dont see a way RG3 gets out of the top 10.

Mecca
12-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Without being bowl eligible that's really about all there was to play for.

Look at Bakley's numbers from year to year and how he improved also he's a true junior not a redshirt. So it's not like he got a year of sitting to learn.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 03:14 PM
Mecca let's hear your full breakdown on Barkley.

Mecca
12-02-2011, 03:23 PM
I like the guy, I think he's mentally strong, he could have transferred out with all the crap that happened while he was there yet he chose to stay. People look at this year where SC really rebounded and say it's talent around him, but it's very very young talent. Outside of Kalil and the RB tandem that is ok at best every impact player on that offense is a freshman or sophomore.

Barkley is really the glue that kept that team together and moving forward in a pretty difficult time for that university. I alone think that is a reason he'd be a good fit here, I like the talent level but I l like his makeup more. Any guy who as a true sophomore is the glue that keeps his team together says a lot to me.

No matter how he comes off in an interview, Barkley is a very hard worker and puts in the time to be good. This is guy that lost weight in his time with SC to become more mobile in the pocket.

Personally I think Barkley would be a great fit here, all his teammates love him, he's tough played through injuries, he can make all the throws and he's been the unquestioned leader on that team for nearly the entire time he's been there.

Mecca
12-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Mayock called Barkley a more polished Andy Dalton...who here would take Andy Dalton right now?

I also want everyone to understand something, outside of Kalil he plays behind a shit oline. The guards are average and young, the center is crap and the RT is an overmatched freshman.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 03:30 PM
While I didnt see as much of Dalton in college, I did catch a couple games and I do think that Dalton and Barkley are comparable.

Then again, I also think Stanzi is comparable to Dalton in many ways...so, who know?

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Dalton is part of the reason I don't really care who we take (even though I have my preferences)...I would have never thought he'd play this way as a rookie...he had the least 'flash' of any QB coming out...

I was never even impressed with him when I saw him play, other than thinking he was tough...

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 04:06 PM
While I didnt see as much of Dalton in college, I did catch a couple games and I do think that Dalton and Barkley are comparable.

Then again, I also think Stanzi is comparable to Dalton in many ways...so, who know?

Stanzi sucks give it up dude.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Who can forget the game winning drive vs OSU when Barkley was a freshmen?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4UHftDbXiuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mecca
12-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Who can forget the game winning drive vs OSU when Barkley was a freshmen?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4UHftDbXiuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And he's improved leaps and bounds since then.

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I've decided to say, "fuck Barkley." Don't want him.

Matt Leinart

Matt Cassel

Matt Ryan

Matt Schaub

Matt Sanchez

TOO MANY FUCKING SHITTY MATT QBS WHO CAN'T PLAY IN COLD WEATHER

Deberg_1990
12-02-2011, 04:23 PM
I like the guy, I think he's mentally strong, he could have transferred out with all the crap that happened while he was there yet he chose to stay. People look at this year where SC really rebounded and say it's talent around him, but it's very very young talent. Outside of Kalil and the RB tandem that is ok at best every impact player on that offense is a freshman or sophomore.

Barkley is really the glue that kept that team together and moving forward in a pretty difficult time for that university. I alone think that is a reason he'd be a good fit here, I like the talent level but I l like his makeup more. Any guy who as a true sophomore is the glue that keeps his team together says a lot to me.

No matter how he comes off in an interview, Barkley is a very hard worker and puts in the time to be good. This is guy that lost weight in his time with SC to become more mobile in the pocket.

Personally I think Barkley would be a great fit here, all his teammates love him, he's tough played through injuries, he can make all the throws and he's been the unquestioned leader on that team for nearly the entire time he's been there.

So basically hes Mark Sanchez 2.0

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 04:43 PM
So basically hes Mark Sanchez 2.0

Goodness the idiocy on this board has to be at an all time high.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 06:06 PM
With all of the training and coaching he's received in his life, I wonder how much more of a ceiling Barkley has. I don't know if there is much room for improvement.

Here is a detailed scouting report on him (cbssportsline):

Accuracy: Is generally a very accurate passer who places the ball in position for his receiver to generate yardage after the catch. Adept at the back-shoulder fade and in zipping slants between defenders. Has a tendency to throw slightly behind receivers running crossing routes from his right to his left. Is consistently more accurate to receivers running left to right. Good ball placement on touch passes down the seam. Struggles consistently hitting receivers in stride on the deep ball. Typically overthrows the route, making his receiver the only one capable of catching up to the ball. Doesn't own a howitzer, however, and some of his deep passes can hang too long as a result.

Arm Strength: Has the ability to make every throw, but has only slightly above average arm strength, overall. Zips short and intermediate routes, but relies more on timing and accuracy, rather than arm strength for the deep out. Only an average deep ball passer.

Setup/Release: Among his better attributes. Takes virtually all of his snaps from under center and gains depth efficiently while keeping his eyes downfield. Sets his feet and steps into his throws when he given room. Has a compact, over the top throwing motion with good follow-through. Has shown the ability to drop his release point to evade oncoming pass rushers.

Reading Defenses: Another strength. An intelligent passer who has the freedom and understanding of the offense to call audibles at the line. Good poise in the pocket. Trusts his protection and keep a running clock in his head, looking to secondary targets before vacating the pocket. Rarely throws into the teeth of the defense and when he does so, he shows good accuracy to adjust his throw so that only his receiver should have a play on the ball.

On The Move: Lacks the foot speed and agility to ever be a true threat as a scrambler, but is an alert ball-carrier who will take yardage given to him. Often used on rollouts in this offense, especially moving to his right. Impressive accuracy on the move, even when not allowed to set his feet. Has to learn to run lower and gain strength in his lower body to improve on the quarterback sneak.

Intangibles: The only freshman in team history to start at quarterback in the season-opener and the first for any team ranked in the AP's top five to do so since No. 3 Michigan's Rick Leach did so in 1975. The first true sophomore to ever be named a captain at USC. Legitimate concerns about his size and durability. Has missed at least one game in each of his first two seasons due to injury, including an ankle sprain in 2010 (missed second half of Oregon State, Notre Dame) and a bruised right (throwing) shoulder in 2009 (missed Washington). Also underwent surgery on his right wrist prior to 2010 spring practice.

--Rob Rang

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 06:10 PM
Reads like a less mobile Cassel.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Really? Cassel is accurate and can read defenses?

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 06:21 PM

Struggles consistently hitting receivers in stride on the deep ball. Typically overthrows the route, making his receiver the only one capable of catching up to the ball. Doesn't own a howitzer, however, and some of his deep passes can hang too long as a result.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 06:22 PM

Cassel is accurate out to 4 yards but don't expect him to put the receiver in a position to get YAC. Cassel is a dyslexic QB. Tyler Palko can read defenses better.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Struggles consistently hitting receivers in stride on the deep ball. Typically overthrows the route, making his receiver the only one capable of catching up to the ball. Doesn't own a howitzer, however, and some of his deep passes can hang too long as a result.

Arm Strength: Has the ability to make every throw

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
And yet his long passes "float."

RGIII > Barkley

mdchiefsfan
12-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Mayock called Barkley a more polished Andy Dalton...who here would take Andy Dalton right now?

I also want everyone to understand something, outside of Kalil he plays behind a shit oline. The guards are average and young (Hudson/Asomoah), the center is crap (Weigmann) and the RT is an overmatched freshman (Richardson).

he would fit right in here then.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 07:34 PM

RGIII > Barkley

Tell me something about physics.

If a player has just enough arm strength to "float" his deep passes in 70 degree temperature, what happens when he throws that same pass a 10 below?

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 07:38 PM

RGIII > Barkley

It's doubtful you've watched either play.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Stanzi sucks give it up dude.

In his first year starting, he brought his team back from a 20 point deficit by throwing 4 touchdowns in the fourth quarter alone.

Quarterbacks that suck cant do that.

You guys point to Barkleys statistical improvement as proof of his coachability and leadership, but Stanzi had about the same arc of improvement over his three years starting.

You know when Ill admit he sucks?

When he shows that he does on the field.

Till then, I will believe that he is a good quarterback.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Tell me something about physics.

If a player has just enough arm strength to "float" his deep passes in 70 degree temperature, what happens when he throws that same pass a 10 below?

LMAO

you are a fucking gold mine...

tredadda
12-02-2011, 07:57 PM
What blows my mind is those who find faults in Barkley and RGIII while apparently ignoring the flaws on our "future HOF" QBs we have on this roster. I will take the upside of a Barkley or RGIII over the upside of a Cassel or Orton any day of the week.

tredadda
12-02-2011, 07:58 PM
very impressive.

Id still trade our 1, 2 and next years 2 to go up and take Luck over him.

So would most people, but we all highly doubt it would be enough, nor would Indy make that trade. Also highly doubtful Pioli would either.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 07:59 PM
LMAO

you are a fucking gold mine...

Let me ask you a question about physics to see if you understand the logic behind what Im talking about.

*What makes the kickoffs fall much shorter once the temperature drops?

Does the kickers legs get tired once it gets cold out?
Do they wear different shoes that make the ball purposely travel a shorter distance?

Science.

How does it work TTC?

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:00 PM
So would most people, but we all highly doubt it would be enough, nor would Indy make that trade. Also highly doubtful Pioli would either.

doesnt mean I cant waste my time talking about it.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Boss is going all Building 7 on us.

whoman69
12-02-2011, 08:01 PM
What blows my mind is those who find faults in Barkley and RGIII while apparently ignoring the flaws on our "future HOF" QBs we have on this roster. I will take the upside of a Barkley or RGIII over the upside of a Cassel or Orton any day of the week.

Cassel and Orton have upside? I'm sure they'll be glad to hear it and so would we because its the first we've heard about it.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:02 PM

not sure I understand what you are talking about.

If you are round about talking to me, well...I have said a few times that I would take Barkley if we were sitting at #2 and I am one of the biggest Stanzi fans on this board.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Let me ask you a question about physics to see if you understand the logic behind what Im talking about.

*What makes the kickoffs fall much shorter once the temperature drops?

Does the kickers legs get tired once it gets cold out?
Do they wear different shoes that make the ball purposely travel a shorter distance?

Science.

How does it work TTC?

LMAO

tredadda
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Bark = Claus

And RGIII= Vick, VY, Cunningham or any other running QB in the NFL (excluding amazingly enough people like Steve Young, Aaron Rodgers etc...).

I guess we should just go for broke and do whatever it takes to get Luck because apparently everyone else in this draft will suck. OR we could just go into camp next year with the winners we currently have at QB.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Boss is going all Building 7 on us.

ROFL

Jet fuel doesnt burn hot enough to melt steel so there had to be some sort of bomb in there that actually took the building down /jesse ventura

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
LMAO

So, you have nothing.

got it.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 08:12 PM
Boss you keep talking about this weather thing like the kid has never played in Oregon, Washington, or Colorado. Can you give us examples of Qb's who's careers were ruined by weather?

tredadda
12-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Cassel and Orton have upside? I'm sure they'll be glad to hear it and so would we because its the first we've heard about it.

Which is exactly my point. They have no upside, so instead of wasting our time with these clowns, how bout we try our hand with either Barkley or RGIII?

tredadda
12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
not sure I understand what you are talking about.

If you are round about talking to me, well...I have said a few times that I would take Barkley if we were sitting at #2 and I am one of the biggest Stanzi fans on this board.

Wasn't referring to you at all, just more of a general comment about some on here.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:15 PM
So, you have nothing.

got it.

no, i've got you....LMAO

i remember when John Elway was down graded for playing in california....he had never thrown a ball in -45 degrees...Mel Kiper made a big stink about it on draft day

Kiper: "If you draft Elway, you better draft a pair of mittens too...."

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Boss you keep talking about this weather thing like the kid has never played in Oregon, Washington, or Colorado. Can you give us examples of Qb's who's careers were ruined by weather?
I never said anything remotely close to "it could ruin his career"....if I thought it could, I wouldnt say over and over that I would take him #2 overall.

All Im saying is that the weather takes something off passes thrown in cold weather and he already throws just an OK deep ball.

You guys are making a mountain out of a mohill.

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 08:22 PM

Roughly half his games in KC would be under snowy conditions?

Name the last real snow game in KC (not flurries... a legit SNOW game).

Barkley has experience playing in cold weather games... it was 30 degrees with a wind chill when Barkley dismantled Oregon's defense in Oregon a few weeks back.

This "Barkley can't play in cold weather" crap is complete bullshit.

Also it's not as if RGIII has a long history of playing in snowy conditions. He played high school and college football in Texas.

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
I love it when the Planet rallies behind a QB and defends the player as if they have no faults - it's so Sanchez and Clausen.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:24 PM
no, i've got you....LMAO

i remember when John Elway was down graded for playing in california....he had never thrown a ball in -45 degrees...Mel Kiper made a big stink about it on draft day

Kiper: "If you draft Elway, you better draft a pair of mittens too...."

Yeah, one thing Elway lacked was arm strength to overcome that factor.

Same goes for Aaron Rogers.

Or Brett Favre.

Or Matt Stafford.

Funny that those are the only examples people have brought up in this topic...all of them had full blown howlitzers.

Look, I dont know how many times I have to say this...Im not saying it could totally ruin his chances at being successful in the midwest, Im just saying that its one of the factors that will likely be looked into if he is to be drafted in the top 5 by a team in the states where weather is a big factor.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I love it when the Planet rallies behind a QB and defends the player as if they have no faults - it's so Sanchez and Clausen.

i love reading idiots talking about how playing in California means a QB can't handle cold weather....

it ranks right up there with not liking a QB because of his haircut...you know, wind resistance or something...

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:27 PM

Yeah, one thing Elway lacked was arm strength to overcome that factor.

Same goes for Aaron Rogers.

Or Brett Favre.

Or Matt Stafford.

Funny that those are the only examples people have brought up in this topic...all of them had full blown howlitzers.

Look, I dont know how many times I have to say this...Im not saying it could totally ruin his chances at being successful in the midwest, Im just saying that its one of the factors that will likely be looked into if he is to be drafted in the top 5 by a team in the states where weather is a big factor.

it's not one of the top 100000000000000000000 factors....good grief

just fucking stop....please

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2011, 08:28 PM
This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre, and I disagree with Boss's analysis, but I'll give him credit for at least offering to critique a player.

For all the bitching about "drafturbators" there are far, far more chickenshit motherfuckers who do nothing but go with the prevailing wind and bash whoever it is convenient to bash, whether it's a poster, the GM, the QB, et. al.

Fritz88's worthless ass comes to mind.

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 08:31 PM
This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre, and I disagree with Boss's analysis, but I'll give him credit for at least offering to critique a player.

The "critique" you are having a wet dream over is completely baseless and full of bullshit.

"Half of the home games in KC would be in snowy conditions"? Name the last legit snow game in KC.

Also the same cold weather concerns could be applied to RGIII who has played both his high school and collegiate football in the state of Texas. Last I checked Texas wasn't Alaska.

DeezNutz
12-02-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=7346426&postcount=163

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
The "critique" you are having a wet dream over is completely baseless and full of bullshit.

"Half of the home games in KC would be in snowy conditions"? Name the last legit snow game in KC.

Also the same cold weather concerns could be applied to RGIII who has played both his high school and collegiate football in the state of Texas. Last I checked Texas wasn't Alaska.

What the fuck are you talking about? Did I give that form of analysis one ounce of credibility or indicate an agreement with it at all?

What grade did you flunk out of? Jesus.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:35 PM
it's not one of the top 100000000000000000000 factors....good grief

just fucking stop....please

I make one comment and stand by it and all of a sudden Im a moron and and idiot.

Go fuck yourself and your inability to talk about any of the faults (or even possible faults) of players you have fallen in love with.

If Im so wrong, surely you can back your side of this with something...anything other than personal insults....or maybe you CANT.

Like I said, you guys are making a mountain out of a mohill.

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
I get bashed all the time i'll gladly fall on the sword for Barkley. That's my QB http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/sadto.gif

DeezNutz
12-02-2011, 08:37 PM
He either has the arm strength or he doesn't. He's either a pussy or he isn't.

If he's so much of a fucking chickenshit that he can't play in cold weather, there would be numerous other pieces of evidence of his deadly disease of pussitis; it wouldn't be isolated.

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 08:39 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Did I give that form of analysis one ounce of credibility or indicate an agreement with it at all?

What grade did you flunk out of? Jesus.

Did you forget what you posted?

YOUR words:

This thread has taken a turn for the bizarre, and I disagree with Boss's analysis, but I'll give him credit for at least offering to critique a player

You are giving credit for a critique that is completely baseless and full of bullshit.

You obviously give credit rather easily. Do you give credit to Palko for trying to be a QB?

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I make one comment and stand by it and all of a sudden Im a moron and and idiot.

Go **** yourself and your inability to talk about any of the faults (or even possible faults) of players you have fallen in love with.

If Im so wrong, surely you can back your side of this with something...anything other than personal insults....or maybe you CANT.

Like I said, you guys are making a mountain out of a mohill.

i'm making fun of you for offering up one of the dumbest ways to criticize a player in human fucking history...

stop it

don't ever say it again....EVER...it is that fucking stupid

as for Barkley's weaknesses, anyone can google and find scouting reports that list his stengths and weaknesses....and guess what, none of them mention his inability to throw a football in -50 degree weather...

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't like Kellen Moore because of all the traveling Boise State has to do. That's a lot of flying. What if one of the planes broke in two in mid-air?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Did you forget what you posted?

YOUR words:

You are giving credit for a critique that is completely baseless and full of bullshit.

You obviously give credit rather easily. Do you give credit to Palko for trying to be a QB?

I'll give him credit for offering. Note the verb, dumbass. Having the courage to state an opinion, regardless of its merit, and not hiding behind results.

An example: you are stupid as fuck.

I'll give credit to Palko for trying to be a QB, just like I won't give credit to you for being a flip-flopping motherfucker who was sucking Pioli's teats dry before he came here only to instantly turn on him, because you don't have the gumption to admit it.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:42 PM

you are one of the dumbest posters on this whole board.

Can you even read?

Seriously.

Hamas just sadi that he disagreed with me and you come back and say he is having a wet dream about my critique of Barkley?

You are a walking, talking advertisement for anal sex and condoms.

RealSNR
I get bashed all the time i'll gladly fall on the sword for Barkley. That's my QB http://static.bbmp3.com/smilies/sadto.gifJust how safe are the USC QBs we draft everyday? :eek:

the Talking Can
2012 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Although USC is trying to regain their spot amongst college football's elite, Southern Cal continues to put out high quality prospects year after year, particularly at the quarterback position. Matt Barkley follows that trend as one of the top quarterback prospects in the nation.

Barkley's strengths show in his work ethic, leadership, and commitment to the game. He displays a calm demeanor on the field, very polished technique, and does a great job reading through his progressions.

Arm strength is a slight concern. At the next level, he'll need to improve his ability to drive the ball and put some velocity on medium routes. Athletically average, not particularly mobile but can make up for that by remaining steady in the pocket. Not afraid to hang tough and let the play develop. Accuracy is above average and can put a nice touch on short passes. Sometimes does not put enough air on deep passes, leaving wide receivers unable to make late adjustments to the ball.

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?prospect_id=2372

this guy is pretty bad though...he mentions arm strength but not the much more concerning inability to drink hot chocolate

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:47 PM
http://www.nfldraftblogger.com/2011/10/matt-barkley-scouting-report/

this article links to 5 scouting reports of Barkley

all mention arm strength as an issue

guess what....none of them mention his fear of cold weather that has apparently forced him to play only in California....

DeezNutz
12-02-2011, 08:47 PM

Combine the two, just to be safe.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 08:48 PM
http://www.nfldraftblogger.com/2011/10/matt-barkley-scouting-report/

this article links to 5 scouting reports of Barkley

all mention arm strength as an issue

guess what....none of them mention his fear of cold weather that has apparently forced him to play only in California....

You aren't this stupid

NOBODY ever said it was a mental thing I was talking about.

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 08:51 PM

http://i41.tinypic.com/214cfly.jpg

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Strengths: Smart, Saavy and Poised QB – Displays excellent leadership qualities – Tireless worker has shown improvement each year as USC – Tough Kid – Very Accurate, rarely misses an open receiver – Throws the receiver open – Can make all the throws necessary to succeed at NFL level – Displays good touch on both deep and short passes – Throws the deep and short out passes at an elite level – Understands defenses and has gotten much better at progressing through his reads – Very good to great pocket presence and awareness, doesn’t get rattled – Not overly fast but is utilized as rollout and bootleg QB often, where he possesses great accuracy – in the pocket – Keeps his eyes downfield – Honorable mention all-academic Pac 10 team as a sophmore

Weaknesses: Height is somewhat of a concern – Doesn’t have elite arm strength – Has had some of the best weapons placed around him, it remains to be seen if he can succeed with average/below average receivers- Needs to get stronger.

Last Updated: November 23, 2011

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011/11/matt-barkley-scouting-report.html

his agent has done a damn good job of intimidating scouts....none of them mention that he can't play football unless the stadium lights are replaced with space heaters...

Chiefnj2
12-02-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't think there is any correlation, in and of itself, between a player who plays in a warm weather college and playing in adverse weather in the NFL.

I do think that Barkley (a) has only a slightly above average arm, and (b) doesn't throw a real pretty ball. By that I mean you often see some wobble, especially on longer throws. I think that those two things might lead him to problems playing in colder and windy weather. And, whether people want to admit it or not, USC has always gotten top recruits who had top notch coaching for years. They don't seem to progress as much in the NFL from their college days. Even though he has a young team around him, they are very talented and USC plays a relatively easy schedule. All are concerns.

All that being said, is he a 1st round QB - yes. Top 20, yes. Top 10, I'm not positive. Should KC pass him for RGIII, yes. Pass him for a tackle or LB, no.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 08:56 PM
This Matt Barkley Scouting. Enjoy. All of our other scouting reports
Measurables:
6’2 220 pounds
Stats
2010:
62.6 completion percentage. 7.40 yards per pass attempt, 26 tds and 12 INT.

PROS: Will come in and be a leader of an NFL locker room, great personality, strong arm, improved accuracy, good athlete, former top HS prospect, hard worker, three-year starter at one of the country’s most prestigious football universities, Pac 10 academic All Conference honorable mention, runs a pro-style offense at USC. Strong arm, plays in a pro style offense. Good feel in the pocket. Durable, has yet to miss a start. Plus at reading coverages, will continue to improve going through his progressions. Has excellent ball placement…has some wheels…good size…can throw the ball on the run

CONS: Slightly shorter than guys like Peyton Manning, Cam Newton, Andrew Luck, etc., but that shouldn’t affect him at all, case of Jay Cutler syndrome first two years adjusting to college game, numbers haven’t blown anyone away until 2011. Is he clutch? He hasn’t been able to win some big games in the fourth quarter, holds onto the ball a little long. Inconsistent accuracy

Player Comparison: Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints

I’m still working out all of the player comparisons as I watch the players more, but his big arm ability to make all the throws, play mostly in from the pocket, but also a guy who can throw pretty well on the run. They are similar in their ability to get rid of the ball quickly when they recognize a pre-snap coverage. Barkley is a little taller than Brees and a better prospect coming out of College (Brees has become an excellent pro though), Brees is more accurate.

Thoughts? There are probably better comparisons out there.

http://nflmocks.com/2011/10/01/matt-barkley-scouting-report-qb-usc/

at this point, i am embarrassed by the state of QB scouting...i can only hope Pioli's Weather Based Player Analysis saves us from making a franchise destroying error...

in New England, they would bring in snow machines for pre-draft workouts...

Hammock Parties
12-02-2011, 08:57 PM
Talking Can is ripping this thread up. LMAO

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
i googled 'matt barkley snow' and found this:

With the Denver Broncos two and a half behind league leader Indianapolis Colts in the Suck For Luck Sweepstakes, Donkey fans might want to head up to Boulder, Colorado tonight to see their future quarterback, Matt Barkley.

The USC Trojans head to Boulder, Colorado for a scrimmage game against Jon Embree and his rebuilding Buffaloes.

While we suspect the game will not be close, Barkley will have an opportunity for the Orange Crush fans get their Barkley on.

The competition is still fierce with other two-win teams in the NFL but the Broncos have a legitimate chance to get Matt Barkley, bringing him from the sun and sand to the Mile High snow.
http://www.sportspadre.com/tag/matt-barkley/

LMAO

what a ****ing maroon...he doesn't know that snow is Barkley's kryptonite....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 09:05 PM
i rest my case...he won't even vacation in cold weather

But last Christmas, USC quarterback Barkley was neither on the couch at home nor on the field preparing for a game.

Instead, he was in Nigeria visiting kids like the 14-year-old boy named Abraham, who was living at Transition House, an orphanage in Jos, Nigeria.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/stevekelley/2016713160_kelley08.html

where is the farthest, hottest place away from winter? Fucking Nigeria folks....

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 09:06 PM
The NFL Combine has QBs throw inside a meat locker.

the Talking Can
12-02-2011, 09:09 PM
Kansas City should be scouting QBs in Canada.

DeezNutz
12-02-2011, 09:13 PM
His worst collegiate game came after he consumed an Icee, according to one anonymous NFL scout.

the Talking Can
when asked why he passed over Rodgers in the 2005 draft, Peterson said, "Snow, you stupid son of a bitch..."

BossChief
The NFL Combine has QBs throw inside a meat locker.ROFL

ok

that was funny

Can I change my goalposts to "cold AND windy"?

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Word has it that earlier in the season Matt Kalil was listening to Miles Davis' Art of the Cool before a game, and Barkley made Kalil turn it off because it made him nervous.

The game? A loss to Arizona State

Titty Meat
12-02-2011, 10:32 PM
Talking Can is on some other shit.

RealSNR
12-02-2011, 10:35 PM
If Boss Chief were Frankie, we would be having another conversation about 159 IQs right now

BossChief
12-02-2011, 10:37 PM
If Boss Chief were Frankie, we would be having another conversation about 159 IQs right now

OK, THATS ENOUGH

ROFL

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I'll give him credit for offering. Note the verb, dumbass. Having the courage to state an opinion, regardless of its merit, and not hiding behind results.

An example: you are stupid as ****.

I'll give credit to Palko for trying to be a QB, just like I won't give credit to you for being a flip-flopping mother****er who was sucking Pioli's teats dry before he came here only to instantly turn on him, because you don't have the gumption to admit it.

You are a gutless fraud.

You give credit for offering a shitty opinion?

LMAOLMAOLMAO

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 10:50 PM
you are one of the dumbest posters on this whole board.

Can you even read?

Seriously.

Hamas just sadi that he disagreed with me and you come back and say he is having a wet dream about my critique of Barkley?

And yet you can't back up your claims that Barkley would fail in KC because "half of his games in KC would be in snowy conditions".

You fail on so many levels with your baseless claim it is beyond funny.

Almost as funny as Hamas head up your fat ass.

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 10:52 PM
I'll give credit to Palko for trying to be a QB.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Seriously??

You should permanently brand DUMBSHIT on your forehead with a comment like that.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 10:53 PM
And yet you can't back up your claims that Barkley would fail in KC because "half of his games in KC would be in snowy conditions".

You fail on so many levels with your baseless claim it is beyond funny.

Almost as funny as Hamas head up your fat ass.

Literally, every single comment or claim in this post is either the result of illiteracy or retardation.

Wrap it up, folks.

KCChiefsFan88
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Literally, every single comment or claim in this post is either the result of illiteracy or retardation.

Wrap it up, folks.

And again ZERO GAME to back-up your claim that Barkley would fail in KC because he "can't play in the snow" and "half of his games in KC would be in snowy conditions".

You fail... DUMBSHIT.

BossChief
12-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I never said that he would fail because of it, you dimwit.

I have said at least 5 times that I would draft him #2 overall if we had the opportunity.

I never said he "cant play in the snow" either, idiot.

I said he hasn't...that's it.

"half his games would be in snowy conditions" I thought most would be able to pickup what I meant by that...I guess I overestimated some of the guys here.

Snowy conditions = winter football.

Frozen ball
windy

stuff Barkley hasnt had to deal with (very much, if at all) while playing on the west coast.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-02-2011, 11:22 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Seriously??

You should permanently brand DUMBSHIT on your forehead with a comment like that.

I tell you what, how about we put up a permaban wager:

You tell me how tries to play QB equals "is a good QB". Present your case to the jury. Persuade them and I'll kick off. Fail and leave.

Fair enough?

RealSNR
12-03-2011, 12:23 AM

You tell me how tries to play QB equals "is a good QB". Present your case to the jury. Persuade them and I'll kick off. Fail and leave.

Fair enough?I would retract that bet if I were you. I hear this guy is one of the jurors

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kx5e3GvgzpA/TUJPLRSrS7I/AAAAAAAABxY/Nq3u7Pq57aU/s1600/new.vermeil.jpg

BossChief
12-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Could you guys imagine Dick Vermiel coming back in as the coach with this defense and tools already in place on offense?

I think we would be deep in the playoffs next year...even with Orton.

RealSNR
12-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Could you guys imagine Dick Vermiel coming back in as the coach with this defense and tools already in place on offense?

I think we would be deep in the playoffs next year...even with Orton.McCluster would still be a worthless gizmo midget trick player... but he'd be a worthless gizmo midget trick player that everybody was talking about!

KCChiefsFan88
12-03-2011, 02:25 AM
Snowy conditions = winter football.

Frozen ball
windy

stuff Barkley hasnt had to deal with (very much, if at all) while playing on the west coast.

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Nice back track. Now "snowy conditions" really means "winter and windy football games".

So would you define the game in Oregon earlier this month, where kickoff temp was 40 degrees, with wind chills in the 30's as "winter weather"? Barkley was 26-34 with 4 TDs and 300+ yards passing leading USC to the win.

How about USC's game at Colorado on November 4th? Game time temp was 41 degrees. Barkley was "chilled" to the tune of 6 TD passes.

All of this info. is at USCTrojans.com for your viewing pleasure.

You should really do some research and have FACTS to back up your bullshit claims.

Of course you have no facts. You have no game. You are a dumbshit fraud.

Game OVER.

KCChiefsFan88
12-03-2011, 02:29 AM

Fair enough?

JFC you are a dumbshit. You can't even comprehend how you are being whored.

Your "giving credit to Palko for trying to be a QB" is a laughable joke, whether you meant that he is a good QB or not, is not the point.

Giving credit to an NFL QB for trying? Is this like the second grade where you get an "A for effort"? Also if Palko actually is "trying" with 0 TD passes and 8 turnovers in his two starts (both losses) then perhaps that effort isn't anything to get credit for.

Another epic fail on your part.

LMAO

BossChief
12-03-2011, 02:36 AM
Those are nice days in KC during half the year.

Call me when its 0 and windy and you are playing against Ed Reed.

Im gonna say it AGAIN since you havent seemed to have been able to read it the last few time I posted it.

I DIDN'T SAY HE COULDN'T DO IT, JUST THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE IN THE SITUATIONS HE WOULD BE FACING HALF THE YEAR IN KC. ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I have also said probably 10 times now that I would take him with the #2 overall pick if we have it.

Fritz88
12-03-2011, 04:08 AM

For all the bitching about "drafturbators" there are far, far more chickenshit motherfuckers who do nothing but go with the prevailing wind and bash whoever it is convenient to bash, whether it's a poster, the GM, the QB, et. al.

Fritz88's worthless ass comes to mind.

So calling you a draftshitulator hurts your vagina?

And since when did you become so protective of Pioli and Cassel?

I do enjoy your anger bursts, so please have one. It might be the reason I enjoy getting on your sensitive nerves.
Posted via Mobile Device

notorious
12-03-2011, 07:44 AM
40 degrees in Oregon is winter conditions. :facepalm:

JFC

I want Barkley bad, but let's not full retard with statements like that.

whoman69
12-03-2011, 08:49 AM
JFC you are a dumbshit. You can't even comprehend how you are being whored.

Your "giving credit to Palko for trying to be a QB" is a laughable joke, whether you meant that he is a good QB or not, is not the point.

Giving credit to an NFL QB for trying? Is this like the second grade where you get an "A for effort"? Also if Palko actually is "trying" with 0 TD passes and 8 turnovers in his two starts (both losses) then perhaps that effort isn't anything to get credit for.

Another epic fail on your part.

LMAO

Give him a trophy and invite him to have fun in the UFL next year.

Bacillus Anthracis
12-03-2011, 10:14 AM

I live in SoCal so I've been able to see the guy play a lot. The kid can make all the throws. He reminds of Chad Pennington but he can put more zip on the ball. Plus he plays in an NFL style of offense. The transition to the pro game for him would probably have less of a curve than most other guys, Luck included.

I'd hate for the Chiefs to draft him.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 10:21 AM
I live in SoCal so I've been able to see the guy play a lot. The kid can make all the throws. He reminds of Chad Pennington...

Wait.......whut?

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2011, 10:35 AM
I agree, let's not draft a potential franchise QB because it gets cold in KC in the winter.

milkman
12-03-2011, 11:16 AM
With all of the training and coaching he's received in his life, I wonder how much more of a ceiling Barkley has. I don't know if there is much room for improvement.

Here is a detailed scouting report on him (cbssportsline):

Accuracy: Is generally a very accurate passer who places the ball in position for his receiver to generate yardage after the catch. Adept at the back-shoulder fade and in zipping slants between defenders. Has a tendency to throw slightly behind receivers running crossing routes from his right to his left. Is consistently more accurate to receivers running left to right. Good ball placement on touch passes down the seam. Struggles consistently hitting receivers in stride on the deep ball. Typically overthrows the route, making his receiver the only one capable of catching up to the ball. Doesn't own a howitzer, however, and some of his deep passes can hang too long as a result.

Arm Strength: Has the ability to make every throw, but has only slightly above average arm strength, overall. Zips short and intermediate routes, but relies more on timing and accuracy, rather than arm strength for the deep out. Only an average deep ball passer.

Setup/Release: Among his better attributes. Takes virtually all of his snaps from under center and gains depth efficiently while keeping his eyes downfield. Sets his feet and steps into his throws when he given room. Has a compact, over the top throwing motion with good follow-through. Has shown the ability to drop his release point to evade oncoming pass rushers.

Reading Defenses: Another strength. An intelligent passer who has the freedom and understanding of the offense to call audibles at the line. Good poise in the pocket. Trusts his protection and keep a running clock in his head, looking to secondary targets before vacating the pocket. Rarely throws into the teeth of the defense and when he does so, he shows good accuracy to adjust his throw so that only his receiver should have a play on the ball.

On The Move: Lacks the foot speed and agility to ever be a true threat as a scrambler, but is an alert ball-carrier who will take yardage given to him. Often used on rollouts in this offense, especially moving to his right. Impressive accuracy on the move, even when not allowed to set his feet. Has to learn to run lower and gain strength in his lower body to improve on the quarterback sneak.

Intangibles: The only freshman in team history to start at quarterback in the season-opener and the first for any team ranked in the AP's top five to do so since No. 3 Michigan's Rick Leach did so in 1975. The first true sophomore to ever be named a captain at USC. Legitimate concerns about his size and durability. Has missed at least one game in each of his first two seasons due to injury, including an ankle sprain in 2010 (missed second half of Oregon State, Notre Dame) and a bruised right (throwing) shoulder in 2009 (missed Washington). Also underwent surgery on his right wrist prior to 2010 spring practice.

--Rob Rang

Reads more like Trent Green than Matt Cassel, and he's shown an ability to play big in big moments.

milkman
12-03-2011, 11:19 AM
The stpupid thing to me here is that as Sanchez was being discussed, al the true fans used weather as one of the reasons they didn't like him.

I don't think, nor have I ever thought, that weather is a factor, but Boss Chief is getting shit for mentioning weather as a concern, even while saying he'd take him at #2.

notorious
12-03-2011, 11:21 AM
I agree, let's not draft a potential franchise QB because it gets cold in KC in the winter.

Exactly.

I don't give a fuck if the kid played in Ecuador. If he can make the throws and has the slightest chance of being a franchise QB, draft that fucker.

milkman
12-03-2011, 11:22 AM
And to ChiefsFan88, he's the biggest douchebag dumbass on this forum.

He has no ability to comprehend what he reads.

He actually thinks that I liked Herman ****ing Edwards, and that should tell you everything you need to know about his intelligence and reading comprehension.

Rausch
12-03-2011, 11:47 AM
The stpupid thing to me here is that as Sanchez was being discussed, al the true fans used weather as one of the reasons they didn't like him.

I don't think, nor have I ever thought, that weather is a factor, but Boss Chief is getting shit for mentioning weather as a concern, even while saying he'd take him at #2.

Compare career stats with Elvis Girlbac.

Yeah.

Not impressed...

milkman
12-03-2011, 12:12 PM
Compare career stats with Elvis Girlbac.

Yeah.

Not impressed...

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

But I always say, stats mean jack.

KCChiefsFan88
12-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Exactly.

If experience or ability to play in cold weather were a factor in drafting a QB then that would automatically disqualify half of the QB's in the country.

Bottom line is if you have legit criticism/concern for Barkley as a potential NFL QB... fine... you are entitled to your opinion.

But don't bring bullshit claims that "his inexperience in cold weather" is a red flag for drafting him high in the first round.

KCChiefsFan88
12-03-2011, 03:13 PM
And to ChiefsFan88, he's the biggest douchebag dumbass on this forum.

He has no ability to comprehend what he reads.

He actually thinks that I liked Herman ****ing Edwards, and that should tell you everything you need to know about his intelligence and reading comprehension.

You are a typical "go with the flow" homer.

Why were you against criticism of Haley's inane strategy this preseason that anyone with half a football IQ could see was doomed for failure?

Why were you against criticism of Herm Edwards as Chiefs head coaach when he was initially hired?

You are a typical "this is how it is now, I'll accept it" homer.

Continuing to go back and forth with you is pointless because you are a brain dead homer with an understanding of football that is comparable to Cassel's ability to play QB.

Time to pick up your game... DUMBSHIT.

Titty Meat
12-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Lol Milkman is a go with the flow homer? You're a fucking dumbass just delete now.

Fritz88
12-03-2011, 03:19 PM

Why were you against criticism of Haley's inane strategy this preseason that anyone with half a football IQ could see was doomed for failure?

Why were you against criticism of Herm Edwards as Chiefs head coaach when he was initially hired?

Continuing to go back and forth with you is pointless because you are a brain dead homer with an understanding of football that is comparable to Cassel's ability to play QB.

Shit if Milkman is a Homer then Obama is an octopus.
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsFan88
12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Shit if Milkman is a Homer then Obama is an octopus.
Posted via Mobile Device

The definition of a homer is someone who literally can't see or refuses to admit when their team is doing something wrong or pursuing a failed strategy.

Haley's strategy this preseason was a classic example of a doomed strategy.

Yet the poster above failed to see it or refused to believe it.

Blind faith, blind following of your team.

That is homerism 101.

Titty Meat
12-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Those are nice days in KC during half the year.

Call me when its 0 and windy and you are playing against Ed Reed.

Im gonna say it AGAIN since you havent seemed to have been able to read it the last few time I posted it.

I DIDN'T SAY HE COULDN'T DO IT, JUST THAT HE DOESN'T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE IN THE SITUATIONS HE WOULD BE FACING HALF THE YEAR IN KC. ESPECIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I have also said probably 10 times now that I would take him with the #2 overall pick if we have it.

I can only recall conditions like that here during a Chiefs game a few times. Last few playoff games here it was 26 degrees and 53 degrees. The weather argument is silly.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-03-2011, 03:30 PM
I, like milkman, The Talking Can, and most on this board, think that a lot of Chiefs fans will find any reason not to draft a potential franchise QB. Is it afraid of failure? Success maybe? Just draft one. Just one and see what happens. Do you think Andy Dalton made the Bengals cream their pants? No. Hell no. But they went for it because they needed a QB. Just try and you just might succeed. But you'll never know until you try.

BossChief
12-03-2011, 03:45 PM

I can only recall conditions like that here during a Chiefs game a few times. Last few playoff games here it was 26 degrees and 53 degrees. The weather argument is silly.

Just a couple more guys that apparently cant read.

There isn't a single person here that wouldn't draft Barkley because of those reasons.

JFC

Its like an idiot parade around here sometimes.

I swear, someone could come on here and point out that Barkleys pinky finger is an inch shorter on his right hand than his left and there would be a bunch of little girls around to hug and caress Barkley while whispering "its not true Matt" in his ear.

FFS

If someone points out something as miniscule as lacking game experience in certain conditions as a area that could use some further looking into...but would STILL take him....even if the pick required would be #2 overall...that means he would take him.

Not pass on him.

Its not that hard, guys.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2011, 04:02 PM
So calling you a draftshitulator hurts your vagina?

And since when did you become so protective of Pioli and Cassel?

I do enjoy your anger bursts, so please have one. It might be the reason I enjoy getting on your sensitive nerves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Apparently there is an epidemic of illiteracy in this thread.

Let me spell it out for you, although I apologize for the lack of crayons and pop out images:

There is a difference between people who are willing to state and support an opinion, and those who do nothing but wait in the shadows to snipe, offering up nothing in return.

Most people on this board just agree with whatever the popular opinion is at that time. Chiefs lose, everyone is great, Chiefs win, everyone is horrible.

You are one of those ass mongrels, more than happy to snipe from the shadows, but never willing to offer an opinion of your own on anything that isn't just reciting popular opinion.

You might as well be a bot.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-03-2011, 04:04 PM
The definition of a homer is someone who literally can't see or refuses to admit when their team is doing something wrong or pursuing a failed strategy.

Haley's strategy this preseason was a classic example of a doomed strategy.

Yet the poster above failed to see it or refused to believe it.

Blind faith, blind following of your team.

That is homerism 101.

That could not be a more idiotic example of quote mining.

Bacillus Anthracis
12-03-2011, 04:15 PM
Wait.......whut?

His style of play is similar to Pennington. He's accurate like Pennington was but he has a stronger arm. He can throw the 15-20 yard out route with good accuracy and get it there fast. OTOH, he doesn't have The Cannon that most NFL teams want.

milkman
12-03-2011, 04:16 PM

I never once endorced Herman fucking Edwards, you useless douche dumbass.

I hated the man from the moment his name was even mentioned as a candidate.

You continue to make this bullshit up.

Yes, I agreed with Haley's approach to the preseason, because it seemed a good way to avoid some of the early injuries that other teams might experience, and in fact, as conditioning is concerned, this team did avoid the hamstrings and muscle injuries that other teams faced early in the season.

Torn ACLs are not conditioning related.

Titty Meat
12-03-2011, 05:11 PM
Milk you said that scouting report sounds like Trent Green. If Barkley puts up Green like numbers for 10-15 years is that considered a good pick at 4?

Titty Meat
12-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Just a couple more guys that apparently cant read.

There isn't a single person here that wouldn't draft Barkley because of those reasons.

JFC

Its like an idiot parade around here sometimes.

I swear, someone could come on here and point out that Barkleys pinky finger is an inch shorter on his right hand than his left and there would be a bunch of little girls around to hug and caress Barkley while whispering "its not true Matt" in his ear.

FFS

If someone points out something as miniscule as lacking game experience in certain conditions as a area that could use some further looking into...but would STILL take him....even if the pick required would be #2 overall...that means he would take him.

Not pass on him.

Its not that hard, guys.

Does your corn beef gash bruise everytime someone responds to you? Learn2read bruh. Nowhere in that quote was I bashing your dumbass statement or saying you didn't want Barkley. I was simply pointing out living here all my life it's not a blizzard every day in Dec/Jan.

ChiefsCountry
12-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Average day time tempeatures in Kansas City for December is 41 and January is 37.

milkman
12-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Milk you said that scouting report sounds like Trent Green. If Barkley puts up Green like numbers for 10-15 years is that considered a good pick at 4?

I don't believe a franchise QB is necessarily defined by numbers, but rather by what he does at the most critical junctures of the games that mean the most.

I was never comfortable with Trent Green in the clutch, but to be fair he never really was tested that often.

What I do know is that a QB who doesn't have the mental makeup and talent to perform in regular season games without a RB who defenses key on is not a guy I want to "lead" my team in the playoffs.

Deberg_1990
12-03-2011, 11:00 PM

Actually yes. For comparison...I personally dont believe guys like Bledsoe or McNabb belong in the Hall, but they both were worthy of being picked where they were picked.