'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Started the following QBs:

Curtis Painter
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Boller
Philip Rivers
Caleb Hanie.

One has since been cut, three are injury replacements, and the other leads the NFL in turnovers.

jd1020
Cry yourself off the forum.

4th and Long
and?

OnTheWarpath15
WHOO!

WE'RE STILL IN THE DIVISION RACE!

GREAT SEATS STILL REMAIN!

DBOSHO
12-04-2011, 03:28 PM
I think i read this somewhere...

Slainte
Just as impressive as when you posted this in the game thread. Did you really think it was so earth-shattering as to merit it's own thread?

The Bad Guy
Did you want them just to quit? Should they have refused to play given the QB?

I'm not understanding the point of this thread.

SPchief
12-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Great thread

SPATCH
Tyler Palko cares not.

DaFace
Do you guys enjoy being miserable all the time?

-King-
Yes, yes they did.

Bearcat
12-04-2011, 03:30 PM
And if the Packers lose today or next week, or the Chiefs win next week, we'll get to read about how the Chiefs have a chance against the Packers.

DBOSHO
Just as impressive as when you posted this in the game thread. Did you really think it was so earth-shattering as to merit it's own thread?

This.

kstater
Those wins prove the Chiefs should have drafted Vernon Gholston.

King_Chief_Fan
threads started by HJ
Bitch
Bitch bitch
Bitch, bitch, bitch
Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch

chefsos
Heh. These Gunther_Fan threads are always fun...

Spott
12-04-2011, 03:31 PM
This list is almost as impressive as the women that I've slept with.

Rams Fan
12-04-2011, 03:32 PM
The Patriots beat Dan Orlovsky.

/facts

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:32 PM

I could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to the cruel twist of fate that has allowed a shitty football team to win 5 games they shouldn't have.

On the bright side, the TrueFans will likely get their OTOTF and our biggest hole will be filled, allowing Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton to lead the Chiefs to another half-decade on the Mediocrity Treadmill.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-04-2011, 03:33 PM
I, for one, enjoy long-term success over short-term success...

-King-
The Chiefs have won

Starting these qbs:

Matt Cassel
Tyler Palko

See, it evens out.

'Hamas' Jenkins

Couple of things:

It's just interesting to me.

1) You look at the schedule from a removed standpoint at the beginning, and it looked brutal. Then we faced those five QBs. Points to SoS as a chameleon and not a monolith

2) It really illustrates the line of demarcation in the NFL. What really matters in wins and losses.

3) It's also sobering in the long term. Just like Pollard blowing out Brady's knee caused us to end up with Cassel, I really hope that Cutler breaking his thumb on a pick against SD doesn't cause us to miss out on a potential franchise quarterback.

Rams Fan
I could be wrong, but I believe he's referring to the cruel twist of fate that has allowed a shitty football team to win 5 games they shouldn't have.

On the bright side, the TrueFans will likely get their OTOTF and our biggest hole will be filled, allowing Matt Cassel or Kyle Orton to lead the Chiefs to another half-decade on the Mediocrity Treadmill.

It's fucking worth it man.

Look at the Rams great OTs of the future!

kysirsoze
Does anyone here think the Chiefs are actually good? Why not enjoy the win? It's not like we vote on the outcome of games. I wanted us to lose to have a shot at a better QB, but I'll still enjoy the fact that our defense dismantled the Bears at home.

FringeNC

Curtis Painter
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Boller
Philip Rivers
Caleb Hanie.

One has since been cut, three are injury replacements, and the other leads the NFL in turnovers.

Yeah, and we beat those teams with Cassel/Palko, who are no better than the above. We've won more games than we should have given the absolute crap QB play we've had this year.

Mr_Tomahawk

Rep.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:34 PM
It's fucking worth it man.

Look at the Rams great OTs of the future!

LMAO

Rams Fan
1) You look at the schedule from a removed standpoint at the beginning, and it looked brutal. Then we faced those five QBs. Points to SoS as a chameleon and not a monolith

Rams and Chiefs have the toughest schedules remaining, in terms of win percentage.

chiefs1111
WHOO!

To the Dingy!

tk13
I think he's right. But at this point, the NFL is just depressing this year. Who is out there to beat? We probably played the toughest team on our schedule last Sunday night, and actually hung in with them.

Chicago was probably one of the few almost-contenders out there, but now they don't have their QB or RB. There literally aren't that many good teams to beat. Everybody has holes. The Patriots let Orlovski go off for 30/37 and 353 today and beat the Colts by 7. The Steelers only beat a depleted Chiefs team by 6 last week. There aren't that many truly impressive wins right now unless you beat the Packers. This just isn't a normal year. So many teams are injured or have holes.

Rams Fan
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM
The Rams beat Drew Brees.

Guess they are awesome.

tredadda
12-04-2011, 03:35 PM

Well said. Hooray for the win. I guess for some it feels good even if it ultimately hurts the team. But who cares, they got their "fix" this week. Once the high wears off and reality sinks in the win wont look as good.

Bowser
12-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Couple of things:

2) It really illustrates the line of demarcation in the NFL. What really matters in wins and losses.

3) It's also sobering in the long term. Just like Pollard blowing out Brady's knee caused us to end up with Cassel, I really hope that Cutler breaking his thumb on a pick against SD doesn't cause us to miss out on a potential franchise quarterback.

That's like some kind of fucked up chaos math reasoning there. I don't need my football interacting with space/time continuums, dammit.

DaFace

I think there's just a fundamental difference between the way you guys think and the way that many others do. You guys seem to be miserable 90% of the time because you apparently can't enjoy watching the team unless you think we're going to win a Super Bowl.

I just like watching the Chiefs win. I guess that makes me a True Fan.

ThaVirus
I, for one, enjoy long-term success over short-term success...

How can you enjoy something you've never even seen?

O.city
Couple of things:

I think it's been pretty blatanly obvious this year that the Chiefs are lacking at one position. It's also been pretty obvious that Matt Cassel isn't the answer.

RGIII will be a Chief next season.

Say he goes on to win the Heisman. What would pack people into Arrowhead more than drafting the Heisman winner and starting him at the most important position in the NFL.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Rams and Chiefs have the toughest schedules remaining, in terms of win percentage.

And a Bears team that was probably 12-4 with Jay Cutler is a 2-14 team with Caleb Hanie.

Baby Lee
12-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Yeah, and we beat those teams with Cassel/Palko, who are no better than the above. We've won more games than we should have given the absolute crap QB play we've had this year.

And observation A perpetuates observation B, which is kind of the point.

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2011, 03:38 PM
Players and coaches don't view wins and losses the way fans do.

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. We are all aware this team is not good.

We need a QB. It's easy for us fans to want them to lose.

They aren't going to tank games. These guys want to play to keep their jobs.

There is no point in getting pissed about it, you can't control it.

milkman

You just don't understand or appreciate how medicrity leads to financial success for the Hunts.

kysirsoze
I think it's been pretty blatanly obvious this year that the Chiefs are lacking at one position. It's also been pretty obvious that Matt Cassel isn't the answer.

Say he goes on to win the Heisman. What would pack people into Arrowhead more than drafting the Heisman winner and starting him at the most important position in the NFL.

I certainly wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion by any means, but at least now there will be real financial pressure on this franchise to fully address the QB position. If there's a chance of it really hurting the bottom line, I think the practice of long shots and castoffs will come to an end.

Mr_Tomahawk

You are certain of two things:

A) He will be available when we are on the board...

B) And if he is available, Pioli would draft him.

Got it.

Rams Fan
12-04-2011, 03:39 PM
I certainly wouldn't say it's a foregone conclusion by any means, but at least now there will be real financial pressure on this franchise to fully address the QB position. If there's a chance of it really hurting the bottom line, I think the practice of long shots and castoffs will come to an end.

6000TH POST.

'Hamas' Jenkins
I think there's just a fundamental difference between the way you guys think and the way that many others do. You guys seem to be miserable 90% of the time because you apparently can't enjoy watching the team unless you think we're going to win a Super Bowl.

That's a misrepresentation. I have no problem sitting through a couple 4-12 seasons if the team is built in a way that it can compete long term. What I have no desire to do is sit through 7-9 win seasons in perpetuity, because they go nowhere.

Bearcat

It's depressing, but I get more done on Sundays... at least the Aaron Rodgers show is on, now that I have a few hours to kill.

King_Chief_Fan
Players and coaches don't view wins and losses the way fans do.

Not sure what the purpose of this thread is. We are all aware this team is not good.

We need a QB. It's easy for us fans to want them to lose.

They aren't going to tank games. These guys want to play to keep their jobs.

the chiefs planet is no place for sound reasoning or common sense.:harumph:

ShowtimeSBMVP

Curtis Painter
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Boller
Philip Rivers
Caleb Hanie.

Hey dumbass you do know the chiefs are doing this without charles and berry?

BossChief
12-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Charles
Moeaki
Berry

milkman

I watched the Chiefs win a SB back in the day.

I watched them win 100+ games in the 90s.

Guess which was more enjoyable.

Mr_Tomahawk
Charles
Moeaki
Berry

Cassel. :deevee:

O.city
You are certain of two things:

A) He will be available when we are on the board...

B) And if he is available, Pioli would draft him.

Got it.

When has Pioli, as the Chiefs GM, had a chance to draft a franchise qb?

How do we know he won't if the opportunity presents itself.

Titty Meat
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Who could enjoy watching this abortion?

Rams Fan
12-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Charles
Moeaki
Berry

Saffold
Smith
Fletcher
Bartell
Amendola

The Rams have 10 fucking DBs on IR. 10.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:42 PM
That's a misrepresentation. I have no problem sitting through a couple 4-12 seasons if the team is built in a way that it can compete long term. What I have no desire to do is sit through 7-9 win seasons in perpetuity, because they go nowhere.

Hell, I'd sit through a couple of 0-16 seasons if it meant being able to compete (for championships, not divisions) long term.

Deberg_1990
I don't get the point of this thread? Nobody thinks the Chiefs are suddenly the 1989 49ers. There's no way we can predict how the draft is going to play out either. Would you prefer the defense to just lay down the rest of the year?
Posted via Mobile Device

kysirsoze
6000TH POST.

Ha. Nice catch.

DaWolf
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah, well we've won those five games starting a backup level NFL QB and a QB who shouldn't be in the NFL, with a special teamer and a washed up old man running he ball, so that's actually impressive...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 03:43 PM

Kind of antithetical to being a fan, isn't it?

I'm taking a long term view of things here. It doesn't really matter to me, long term, if this team beats a Bears team led by Caleb Hanie. Sure, it makes for a "Victory Monday", but it also makes it more difficult for the team to attain a QB in the draft.

If you were to offer me the choice between beating the five aforementioned QBs or to lose to four of them (as long as one was Painter), seeing where this team was headed this year, I'm gonna choose the losses, because the short term boon isn't worth the long term consequences.

To me, this entire argument is a microcosm of why the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB. It boils down to impatience. Fans would much rather have a win right now, even if they can't win sustainably, than risk losing and losing big for a potential massive payoff.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:44 PM

He's had a chance every draft.

There's no rule requiring you to stay in your draft slot.

O.city
Saffold
Smith
Fletcher
Bartell
Amendola

The Rams have 10 ****ing DBs on IR. 10.

Ok bro we get that the Rams have injuries. But none of those players you mention are as impactful as losing an all pro safety and a rb.

-King-
Saffold
Smith
Fletcher
Bartell
Amendola

The Rams have 10 fucking DBs on IR. 10.

The sooner you realize that no one gives half a fuck about the Rams, the better.

Rams Fan
The sooner you realize that no one gives half a **** about the Rams, the better.

The sooner you realize I don't give a shit the better.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:45 PM

I'm taking a long term view of things here. It doesn't really matter to me, long term, if this team beats a Bears team led by Caleb Hanie. Sure, it makes for a "Victory Monday", but it also makes it more difficult for the team to attain a QB in the draft.

If you were to offer me the choice between beating the five aforementioned QBs or to lose to four of them (as long as one was Painter), seeing where this team was headed this year, I'm gonna choose the losses, because the short term boon isn't worth the long term consequences.

To me, this entire argument is a microcosm of why the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB. It boils down to impatience. Fans would much rather have a win right now, even if they can't win sustainably, than risk losing and losing big for a potential massive payoff.

Great post.

O.city
He's had a chance every draft.

There's no rule requiring you to stay in your draft slot.

Even then what qb would you have went after? Newton?

Baby Lee
You have expect an uptick in this line of reasoning given that;

the QB situation is as dire as its been in a long time,
the QB is as singular a problem dragging down a talented team as it has been in a similarly long time,
and
the QB draft class has a couple three that are as strong candidates as we've seen in a while

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 03:46 PM

Truly depressing

http://th156.photobucket.com/albums/t3/videoguymf1/Emoticons/SMILIES/th_suicide.gif

Pants
Who could enjoy watching this abortion?

I was wondering the same thing.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Hey dumbass you do know the chiefs are doing this without charles and berry?

(Charles+Berry)³ < Franchise QB

O.city
Great post.

Yep.

kysirsoze
12-04-2011, 03:47 PM

I think we all understand this, and I for one agree, but you are equating a bad win to a bad loss. Either one hurts the Chiefs, but at least you get a modicum of pride out of it. I know the Bears are banged up, but so are we. Our defense played it's balls off and got the win. I'm worried about our draft prospects, but I'm happy for our players.

kysirsoze
12-04-2011, 03:47 PM
I also won a 10 dollar bet.... so there's that.

O.city
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM

Probably so.

However if losing those two this year open up the fact instead of hiding it that the Chiefs are in dire need of a franchise qb I'll take that.

Hopefully they come back healthy tho.

ShowtimeSBMVP

There is this rule during the draft.You can trade picks.

OnTheWarpath15

Yep.

At absolute best, this team is a playoff one-and-done with those guy healthy.

You can accumulate all the talent in the world, and in this era, it will make little difference without a franchise QB.

Baby Lee
12-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Oh where does that 'Cassel's not our problem, our D is shit too' contingent go when the D plays well and we go without a 1st down in the entire 2nd half?

O.city
12-04-2011, 03:50 PM
I will acknowledge that if there is a year to draft a qb, with this years draft class of qbs, it is this year.

Who do we need to get infront of to assure RGIII or Barkley are there for the taking?

Titty Meat
12-04-2011, 03:50 PM
We're gonna draft Riley Reiff. That sounds like a gay pornstar.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 03:51 PM
I think we all understand this, and I for one agree, but you are equating a bad win to a bad loss. Either one hurts the Chiefs, but at least you get a modicum of pride out of it. I know the Bears are banged up, but so are we. Our defense played it's balls off and got the win. I'm worried about our draft prospects, but I'm happy for our players.

In this case, winning is losing. In a lost season, you can win while you lose.

Houston's production today was great. The pressure the defense has brought the last two weeks has been tremendous.

Would you really be that much more perturbed by the way the D played if McCluster doesn't catch that miracle and Gould makes that FG, or if Williams doesn't tip up that ball that hit him in the hands?

It wouldn't have made a material difference in the way that the players actually played (and flashed) today, and it would have also ensured a better chance for a QB who can actually help these same guys win meaningful games.

OnTheWarpath15
There is this rule during the draft.You can trade picks.

Even the most ardent supporter of Scott Pioli laughs at this post.

Trading into the Top 5? Right.

kysirsoze
Oh where does that 'Cassel's not our problem, our D is shit too' contingent go when the D plays well and we go without a 1st down in the entire 2nd half?

They're off talking about how awesome this team will be when Cassel makes it back. "Why couldn't they play like this when HE was healthy???"

O.city
This is the year we go full Jets and trade up to get our qb.

Like the 08 Jets we have quite a bit of talent but are lacking at the qb position. Go get the guy ffs. Put an end to this shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-04-2011, 03:52 PM

Teams didn't do this before cause of the cost of the pick now you can take that away.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 03:54 PM
The NFL isn't a balanced league. You can add up parts 2-53, and if part 1 isn't Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, et. al, those last 52 parts don't matter.

Everyone else on the roster is, essentially, backup for the quarterback at this point.

You can't win the title with just a QB, just like Kobe couldn't do anything with the '06 Lakers, but if you surround that elite QB with even above average talent, you have a shot.

The days of surrounding an average QB with elite talent and expecting to win are gone.

Baby Lee
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
And so no one gets this twisted, and veterans on here can back me up. I'm not a franchise QB pimp. I'm a "play good D, run the ball, and have a competent QB to is clutch and doesn't make bone-head mistakes" and have been for a long time. But when your only QBs are NOT competent, are NOT clutch, and DO make bone-headed mistakes, with all being offered in the draft, you gotta know when to grab the ring.

EDIT TO ADD [in light of the preceding post] I am still NOT a 'w/o franchise QB you're a worthless team,' guy, in the least. I AM a 'if a franchise QB is within your grasp, grab him' guy.

ThaVirus
12-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Teams didn't do this before cause of the cost of the pick now you can take that away.

True, but due to that the amount of picks/players needed to trade into the top 5 has skyrocketed..

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 03:56 PM
True, but due to that the amount of picks/players needed to trade into the top 5 has skyrocketed..

Exactly.

kysirsoze

Houston's production today was great. The pressure the defense has brought the last two weeks has been tremendous.

Would you really be that much more perturbed by the way the D played if McCluster doesn't catch that miracle and Gould makes that FG, or if Williams doesn't tip up that ball that hit him in the hands?

It wouldn't have made a material difference in the way that the players actually played (and flashed) today, and it would have also ensured a better chance for a QB who can actually help these same guys win meaningful games.

Nope. In fact I was hoping the Bears would pull off a miracle on that last drive. It does, however, make a difference to the players. I genuinely like the players on this team and I'm glad they got a win... for them. It makes our draft pick lower, unfortunately, but if this team is really serious about getting a QB they will make it happen. Anything short of the #1 pick is no sure thing with Pioli. If he wants a QB, I don't think there will be anything stopping him and if he doesn't, nothing will force his hand.

Slainte
To me, this entire argument is a microcosm of why the Chiefs haven't drafted a QB. It boils down to impatience. Fans would much rather have a win right now,

LMAO

You can't possibly be so fucking stupid as to believe that the fans believe that Palko is the future of this team.

Your arguments are shit-stupid retardism. "We win with Palko = we always want Palko as this teams QB."

Seriously -- do you shove a pick-axe through your empty skull before you post here?

Well, you're comic relief -- if nothing else.

tredadda
I watched the Chiefs win a SB back in the day.

I watched them win 100+ games in the 90s.

Guess which was more enjoyable.

Never got to see them win a SB. That happened before I was born (and I am 34). What did that feel like to see them make it to and win a SB?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM

And a guy who values 2nd and 3rd round picks above all else will definitely be willing to part with those assets in order to do so.

Again, this is not an either/or.

Some guys won't draft a QB high, period. Fox was quoted as being one of those guys in Carolina.

Some guys won't trade up for a QB,

Some guys will take a QB, but only if the trade up cost is moderate

Some guys will do everything it takes to go get the QB.

Pioli is the second one IMO, which means that every win makes it less and less likely that we get an elite prospect.

chiefzilla1501

We've learned a lot from Asamoah, Baldwin, Houston, Hudson, Arenas, and Daniels. Plain and simple, when the team commits to losing and gives up, players don't play to their full potential and they play frustrated and lose their swagger.

I hate the idea of teaching your team it's okay to lose. It's never okay to lose. While we're moving backwards at QB, we've managed to really, really improve around the QB the last few weeks. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

ShowtimeSBMVP
Exactly.

Chiefs will still be picking in the top 10.Not like they have to move up from 20

BigMeatballDave

No, my point of that was we can't control what Pioli is going to do. None of us trust him to draft a QB. I'm still surprised he picked Berry.

kysirsoze
12-04-2011, 03:58 PM

I don't think we'll need top 5 to get a great QB. Top 10 for sure, but not 5.

'Hamas' Jenkins
LMAO

You can't possibly be so fucking stupid as to believe that the fans believe that Palko is the future of this team.

Your arguments are shit-stupid retardism. "We win with Palko = we always want Palko as this teams QB."

Seriously -- do you shove a pick-axe through your empty skull before you post here?

Well, you're comic relief -- if nothing else.

I never once made any of those claims.

tredadda

When has Pioli ever traded up either here or in NE? If we don't land in a spot to draft a franchise QB, I highly doubt he will trade up for one. He moght try amd trade back to get "value".

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2011, 03:59 PM
The NFL isn't a balanced league. You can add up parts 2-53, and if part 1 isn't Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, et. al, those last 52 parts don't matter.

Everyone else on the roster is, essentially, backup for the quarterback at this point.

You can't win the title with just a QB, just like Kobe couldn't do anything with the '06 Lakers, but if you surround that elite QB with even above average talent, you have a shot.

The days of surrounding an average QB with elite talent and expecting to win are gone.

Well yeah, of course. But that doesn't mean players around the QB aren't important.

I feel pretty confident that the way the Chiefs are playing right now, you insert a very good QB, and this is a deep playoff contender.

BossChief
I wonder what Clark says to Pioli when QB comes up in their conversations?

Id like to see Clark get pissed after watching these abortions of "quarterbacks"....walk right into Piolis office and say "get me a quarterback"

and then walk out and let that be it.

Clark is a business man and I dont see how he can continue to think he is gonna turn a profit with this product.

Hoover
So Rivers really sucks.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:00 PM

Id like to see Clark get pissed after watching these abortions of "quarterbacks"....walk right into Piolis office and say "get me a quarterback"

Clark is a business man and I dont see how he can continue to think he is gonna turn a profit with this product.

Are you kidding?

His family has done it for 40 years.

ThaVirus
Exactly.

At the same time, you guys (the Drafturbators?), shouldn't have too much of an issue with trading away a ton of picks. I'm paraphrasing, but I once read a post by Hamas responding to another questioning the importance of Berry/Charles and whether or not he'd contemplate trading them saying "I'd give them our 1st this year and next year and a list of players saying 'take your pick'" (in order to get a franchise QB, I think he was referring to Luck).

I realize the grammar and sentence structure in this post is terrible, but you get what I'm saying?

'Hamas' Jenkins
We've learned a lot from Asamoah, Baldwin, Houston, Hudson, Arenas, and Daniels. Plain and simple, when the team commits to losing and gives up, players don't play to their full potential and they play frustrated and lose their swagger.

I hate the idea of teaching your team it's okay to lose. It's never okay to lose. While we're moving backwards at QB, we've managed to really, really improve around the QB the last few weeks. I don't see how that's a bad thing.

I'm not saying I want the players to quit, I'm saying I want them to lose in a lost season. I want the Sabby Piscatellis and Tyler Palkos of the world to fuck up, because they are worthless commodities anyway, and seeing that I would rather not have the Halis, Bowes, and Houstons of the world wasted, I'd rather have them play with a franchise QB than Kyle Orton or Matt Cassel.

Reading Comprehension Day here on the Planet

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 04:01 PM
At the same time, you guys (the Drafturbators?), shouldn't have too much of an issue with trading away a ton of picks. I'm paraphrasing, but I once read a post by Hamas responding to another questioning the importance of Berry/Charles and whether or not he'd contemplate trading them saying "I'd give them our 1st this year and next year and a list of players saying 'take your pick'" (in order to get a franchise QB, I think he was referring to Luck).

I realize the grammar and sentence structure in this post is terrible, but you get what I'm saying?

Don't have an issue with it, but Pioli would, hence the prob.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Well yeah, of course. But that doesn't mean players around the QB aren't important.

I feel pretty confident that the way the Chiefs are playing right now, you insert a very good QB, and this is a deep playoff contender.

If you put a Drew Brees or Tom Brady on this team with a healthy Jamaal Charles (leaving out Berry and Moeaki), it's a top five team.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 04:02 PM
And a guy who values 2nd and 3rd round picks above all else will definitely be willing to part with those assets in order to do so.

Some guys won't draft a QB high, period. Fox was quoted as being one of those guys in Carolina.

Pioli is the second one IMO, which means that every win makes it less and less likely that we get an elite prospect.

Going off givenn variables up to this point, you are absolutely correct.

Thing is, the variables have changed drastically and there really is no sample size to go off of in how Pioli will operate with the changed variables.

O.city
12-04-2011, 04:03 PM

This is more what I'm playing on that we will get a qb.

Hunt values money. People paying money to park, eat, buy shit at arrowhead, etc.

What better way to bring more than true fans to Arrowhead than drafting a heisman winning quarterback.

Honestly, if the Chiefs drafted say RGIII or Barkley, how many of you would attend games more?

Not only does getting a qb make sense competitive wise it also does economically.

Titty Meat
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM

To be fair most of the QB's worth drafting have been from warm weather climates. They'd struggle here.

-King-
12-04-2011, 04:04 PM
If you put a Drew Brees or Tom Brady on this team with a healthy Jamaal Charles (leaving out Berry and Moeaki), it's a top five team.

So Pioli has done a good job of building around the talent that was here already?

O.city
12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
What do you think if they had Berry and Moeaki then?

notorious
12-04-2011, 04:05 PM
To be fair most of the QB's worth drafting have been from warm weather climates. They'd struggle here.

LMAO

kysirsoze
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM

What are you basing this on? Has he ever drafted a QB high? Since he has been sold on Cassel for a few years, he hasn't really been in the position to for a long time (ever?) and he hit late on Brady. I don't know how he'll act in the situation where the QB is such a huge glaring weakness that must be addressed.

Everyone said he'd never draft a safety at 5 and he did it. Credit Haley for insisting or whatever, but I think it's clear who makes the decisions there. I think Pioli's unpredictable in the draft. He will do whatever he damn well pleases. I imagine, though, that it would please him to keep his job. Going into next year with Cassel at the helm will not help him do that.

Baby Lee
12-04-2011, 04:06 PM

Did the '99 Rams 'get frustrated and lose their swagger' from their 4-12 '98 season. Did the '99 Ravens D get frustrated 'get frustrated and lose their swagger' when their O the previous season averaged 10 points a game?

I'd submit that a player that lets the failures of under performing teammates take him out of the game doesn't have what it takes to excel anyway.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Are you kidding?

His family has done it for 40 years.

Bullshit.

Post the year by year cap space for all years up until Lamars death.

We always pushed the cap and left little room...when he passed, Clark took over and went the route most of us wanted us to go...blow it up and start from scratch and build through the draft.

Its not that we didnt spend the money in those years, it was that we managed it poorly.

What free agents have we passed on that would have made a huge difference?

Where should we have spent the money?

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:07 PM
This is more what I'm playing on that we will get a qb.

Hunt values money. People paying money to park, eat, buy shit at arrowhead, etc.

What better way to bring more than true fans to Arrowhead than drafting a heisman winning quarterback.

Honestly, if the Chiefs drafted say RGIII or Barkley, how many of you would attend games more?

Not only does getting a qb make sense competitive wise it also does economically.

Here's the thing: I'd attend more games.

But the average fan wouldn't, IMO.

The casual fans of this franchise are not patient enough to deal with the grooming of a young QB.

The casual fans want their tailgate parties, 6-9 wins a year and a playoff game every half-decade. Don't rock the boat.

O.city
12-04-2011, 04:10 PM

The casual fans of this franchise are not patient enough to deal with the grooming of a young QB.

The casual fans want their tailgate parties, 6-9 wins a year and a playoff game every half-decade. Don't rock the boat.

This might be true, but the attendance has dipped.

I'm hoping Clark thinks he needs something to spike it back up. One sure fire way to do that.

I know if we draft one of those guys, I've already decided to buy season tickets.

OnTheWarpath15
Bullshit.

We always pushed the cap and left little room...when he passed, Clark took over and went the route most of us wanted us to go...blow it up and start from scratch and build through the draft.

Its not that we didnt spend the money in those years, it was that we managed it poorly.

Why did you bring cap space into the argument?

This franchise is making a healthy profit every year regardless of how much they spend against the cap.

Which was exactly my point - we've been mediocre forever, and Clark still makes money.

chiefzilla1501
I'm not saying I want the players to quit, I'm saying I want them to lose in a lost season. I want the Sabby Piscatellis and Tyler Palkos of the world to **** up, because they are worthless commodities anyway, and seeing that I would rather not have the Halis, Bowes, and Houstons of the world wasted, I'd rather have them play with a franchise QB than Kyle Orton or Matt Cassel.

Reading Comprehension Day here on the Planet

But the fact is, as long as the Chiefs' players are hungry and still think there's outside chance, they're going to play harder. A win like this may feel meaningless. But I guarantee you it means a shitload to Justin Houston. He can look back on this game and say "this team won because of me."

I'm not saying that's important because we need to build elite talent around the QB. But if we're grooming a young QB, it's great to treat him with kid gloves because you have a supporting cast that can support even a bad rookie effort.

I don't care who your coach is. It's going to be really, really difficult to motivate a team to play hard when they think they're losers. Regardless of whether Houston thinks that's his fault or because Piscitelli lost the game for us.

O.city
Didn't Clark make a statement recently saying he wanted the Chiefs to do everyhitng they could to get a franchise qb.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Did the '99 Rams 'get frustrated and lose their swagger' from their 4-12 '98 season. Did the '99 Ravens D get frustrated 'get frustrated and lose their swagger' when their O the previous season averaged 10 points a game?

I'd submit that a player that lets the failures of under performing teammates take him out of the game doesn't have what it takes to excel anyway.

Great post.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:14 PM
This might be true, but the attendance has dipped.

I'm hoping Clark thinks he needs something to spike it back up. One sure fire way to do that.

I know if we draft one of those guys, I've already decided to buy season tickets.

Clark knew he needed to "spike it back up" before he hired Pioli.

He mentioned to as many media people as possible that it was his desire to draft and develop a franchise QB, as this is the best way to sustain success in the NFL.

A few weeks later, we had Matt Cassel.

ThaVirus

I think you're selling the average fan short. Anyone with a brain can see the success teams have with a franchise QB. Look at the Broncos, they booed Orton's ass off knowing Tebow was waiting in the wings. Minnesota booted McNabb for Ponder. The Jags went with Gabbert.. The average fan knows we aren't going to win shit with Cassel or Orton at the helm and would be more than please to have RGIII or Barkley on the roster.

BossChief
Didn't Clark make a statement recently saying he wanted the Chiefs to do everyhitng they could to get a franchise qb.

It was before Pioli was hired iirc.

He said he wanted the team to be ran like Pittsburgh and then said he wanted us to draft a franchise quarterback and develop him.

Then, we got Pioli and traded for Cassel and our collective hope had been squashed once more.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Recently?

Not that I've heard.

As I said in my last post, he said it a ton of times in Jan/Feb. 2009.

12-04-2011, 04:15 PM

Curtis Painter
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Boller
Philip Rivers
Caleb Hanie.

Yeah, I mentioned this after our first three wins and got blasted for it.

Baby Lee
12-04-2011, 04:16 PM
But the fact is, as long as the Chiefs' players are hungry and still think there's outside chance, they're going to play harder. A win like this may feel meaningless. But I guarantee you it means a shitload to Justin Houston. He can look back on this game and say "this team won because of me."

I'm not saying that's important because we need to build elite talent around the QB. But if we're grooming a young QB, it's great to treat him with kid gloves because you have a supporting cast that can support even a bad rookie effort.

I don't care who your coach is. It's going to be really, really difficult to motivate a team to play hard when they think they're losers. Regardless of whether Houston thinks that's his fault or because Piscitelli lost the game for us.

As said above, this 'fragile player psyche' angle is way overblown. There's a reason so many coaches pull the 'keep chopping wood' gambit out, championship football is built on each individual playing to the best of his ability play after play after play after play, regardless of whether the guys on his left and right [or the other side of the ball] are playing like ass.

Those who pack in in the face of failure are the Randy Mosses and Ryan Leafs of the league anyways.

kysirsoze
Yeah, I mentioned this after our first three wins and got blasted for it.

Ha. Don't worry. He's getting blasted, too. :)

tredadda
I think you're selling the average fan short. Anyone with a brain can see the success teams have with a franchise QB. Look at the Broncos, they booed Orton's ass off knowing Tebow was waiting in the wings. Minnesota booted McNabb for Ponder. The Jags went with Gabbert.. The average fan knows we aren't going to win shit with Cassel or Orton at the helm and would be more than please to have RGIII or Barkley on the roster.

I just hope the front office thinks like you. I am scared that Pioli will try to continue to build this team through value instead of just saying f#@^ it and doing whatever it takes to get us a franchise QB whether that be Luck, Barkley, or RGIII.

memyselfI
12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
You have an excellent point which is well taken. However, the Chiefs just got lucky. Let me repeat that. THE CHIEFS GOT LUCKY! It never happens. We don't get good bounces, bobbles, or ricochets. Today we did and we got a "W" because of that luck.

Let us savor the luck of today. Tomorrow we will once again acknowledge how lucky we have been to face second string QBs all season and because of that we have more "Ws" than we probably would otherwise.

12-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Ha. Don't worry. He's getting blasted, too. :)

I assumed as much. ;)

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:18 PM

No, I'm not.

Read the Chiefs FB feed. The KC Star comments pages. The ESPN comment pages. Hell, go to a game and listen to some of the stupid shit that is said.

The average fan is a dumbass.

BossChief
Offense sells tickets

Defense wins championships.

We have the defense, now we need the offense...only thing left is the quarterback.

You have an excellent point which is well taken. However, the Chiefs just got lucky. Let me repeat that. THE CHIEFS GOT LUCKY! It never happens. We don't get good bounces or ricochet. Today we did and we got a "W" because of that luck.

Let us savor the luck of today. Tomorrow we will once again acknowledge how lucky we have been to face second string QBs all season and because we have we have more "Ws" in that column than we probably would otherwise.

I was blasting haley for trying a hail mary there. I was just in shock that it actually worked in our favor.

kysirsoze
As said above, this 'fragile player psyche' angle is way overblown. There's a reason so many coaches pull the 'keep chopping wood' gambit out, championship football is built on each individual playing to the best of his ability play after play after play after play, regardless of whether the guys on his left and right [or the other side of the ball] are playing like ass.

Those who pack in in the face of failure are the Randy Mosses and Ryan Leafs of the league anyways.

Absolutely agree

12-04-2011, 04:19 PM
No, I'm not.

Read the Chiefs FB feed. The KC Star comments pages. The ESPN comment pages. Hell, go to a game and listen to some of the stupid shit that is said.

The average Chiefs fan is a dumbass.

FYP

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:19 PM

Spot on, again.

kysirsoze
12-04-2011, 04:20 PM
FYP

I really don't think we have the market cornered on that.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Bullshit.

What free agents have we passed on that would have made a huge difference?

Where should we have spent the money?

Since Clark has taken over the Chiefs have been last or next to last in regards to spending money roster wise. Clark is a cheap ass like the rest of his family.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Clark knew he needed to "spike it back up" before he hired Pioli.

He mentioned to as many media people as possible that it was his desire to draft and develop a franchise QB, as this is the best way to sustain success in the NFL.

A few weeks later, we had Matt Cassel.

Is that on Clark or on Mr. Executive of the Decade? Hunts problem is that they don't meddle enough and let their executives have almost too much free reign.

Baby Lee
Absolutely agree

Let me hedge a bit, I live in constant fear we have the risk of losing a special player in Bowe to disappointment. But then I fall back on 'if that's his makeup, that's his makeup.'

ThaVirus
I just hope the front office thinks like you. I am scared that Pioli will try to continue to build this team through value instead of just saying f#@^ it and doing whatever it takes to get us a franchise QB whether that be Luck, Barkley, or RGIII.

They have to see it. They HAVE TO. I wouldn't be the least bit mad if our entire draft went toward offense, namely QB and OL. Hopefully we'll get lucky and have a chance at staying in our spot for Barkley or RGIII then put our next coupld picks toward OL. We really need to clean that mess up. We don't want to David Carr our first franchise QB since Blackledge.

I really don't think we have the market cornered on that.

LMAO

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-04-2011, 04:22 PM
Offense sells tickets

Not anymore. The rules are too skewed.

You need a top 12ish D and a top 5-7 QB.

Ming the Merciless
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM

Curtis Painter
Donovan McNabb
Kyle Boller
Philip Rivers
Caleb Hanie.

thanks for bringing all back to reality

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WE27e-2wR18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 04:23 PM
They have to see it. They HAVE TO. I wouldn't be the least bit mad if our entire draft went toward offense, namely QB and OL. Hopefully we'll get lucky and have a chance at staying in our spot for Barkley or RGIII then put our next coupld picks toward OL. We really need to clean that mess up. We don't want to David Carr our first franchise QB since Blackledge.

Geez. The OL is not that bad. :banghead:

12-04-2011, 04:24 PM

They are not THAT bad but they do need a big fix.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 04:25 PM
They are not THAT bad but they do need a big fix.

We need a new center and we could always upgrade the RT spot, but we have a 1st round pick, 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick used on the line right now.

chiefzilla1501
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM

People are advocating that the Chiefs play hard but still lose. But then, they act like it's a bad thing when we end up winning. I don't understand that point. I care about the Chiefs playing hard... period. There seem to be a pretty strong contingent of fans who would be happier with the team giving up and losing (and getting a better QB) than playing hard and winning a few meaningless games. That to me is a little messed up.

ThaVirus
12-04-2011, 04:26 PM

Well I'm operating under the assumption that Weigmann, Lilja and Richardson need to be gone after this season. Put Hudson at the C spot and that leaves holes at LG and RT, correct? So one pick for QB and "the next couple on OL"...

BossChief
12-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Not anymore. The rules are too skewed.

You need a top 12ish D and a top 5-7 QB.

Exactly.

I was furthering the ultimate point that he MUST see that if he is running this as a business, the OBVIOUS move is to get a quarterback that people will want to pay money to watch.

Its obvious that guy isn't here right now and after the Orton injury, its clearly more evident.

He has to be able to see this defense (even without Berry) is damn good and would limit how much a rookie would have to do to win.

Drafting a quarterback in the first round is not only a NEEDED football move, its a NEEDED business move, as well.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:33 PM
It was before Pioli was hired iirc.

He said he wanted the team to be ran like Pittsburgh and then said he wanted us to draft a franchise quarterback and develop him.

Then, we got Pioli and traded for Cassel and our collective hope had been squashed once more.

He did not say that. He said they could draft OR trade for their franchise QB.

tredadda
12-04-2011, 04:34 PM

You have too much faith in this front office to think they HAVE TO see our issue is with our QB. They could chalk it up to injuries. This team drafted Blackledge in the first round in 1983. THAT'S IT. This team puts very little value on that position which explains why we have always put crap under center and tried to win with it. Could we use more offensive line help? Sure, we do need a new center and RT and more depth on the line, but no position do we need more than QB. What is obvious to the fans might not be so obvious to the front office.

OnTheWarpath15
Exactly.

I was furthering the ultimate point that he MUST see that if he is running this as a business, the OBVIOUS move is to get a quarterback that people will want to pay money to watch.

Its obvious that guy isn't here right now and after the Orton injury, its clearly more evident.

He has to be able to see this defense (even without Berry) is damn good and would limit how much a rookie would have to do to win.

Drafting a quarterback in the first round is not only a NEEDED football move, its a NEEDED business move, as well.

Sadly, it's not, because the average fan keeps coming to Arrowhead every year to see 6-9 wins.

WE see it, but this place is far from representative of the average fan.

kysirsoze
Let me hedge a bit, I live in constant fear we have the risk of losing a special player in Bowe to disappointment. But then I fall back on 'if that's his makeup, that's his makeup.'

I think Bowe has a little more 'character' in that respect than many on here give him credit for. Not that you're attacking Bowe, but because he can be a bit of a dumbass sometimes, people are quick to compare him unfavorably to some other diva receivers.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 04:35 PM

The point is that we have 0 impressive wins this year and if anyone uses today as an argument that Haley should keep his job, they are stupid.

FAX
12-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Pay attention, kids. What you are witnessing is the heartbreak of the ill-fitting panty.

FAX

You have too much faith in this front office to think they HAVE TO see our issue is with our QB. They could chalk it up to injuries. This team drafted Blackledge in the first round in 1983. THAT'S IT. This team puts very little value on that position which explains why we have always put crap under center and tried to win with it. Could we use more offensive line help? Sure, we do need a new center and RT and more depth on the line, but no position do we need more than QB. What is obvious to the fans might not be so obvious to the front office.

also who was our QB during our last playoff win? It took an aging Joe Montana to even get our playoff wins.

BossChief
He did not say that. He said they could draft OR trade for their franchise QB.

My memory may be a little fuzzy. Do you have a link?

kysirsoze
Sadly, it's not, because the average fan keeps coming to Arrowhead every year to see 6-9 wins.

WE see it, but this place is far from representative of the average fan.

I think that is starting to change. Even my friends who are more casual fans have had it with Cassel as well as the Chiefs entire approach. Thanks to rule changes and such, the rift between teams with a franchise QB and those without one is becoming so large, that even casual fans are seeing it. People want winners and even the Chiefs faithful are losing patience.

If we don't see a new QB in here soon, I would expect a huge dip in profitability.

stevieray
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM
right or wrong...here is the way I look at it...

...if you think Clark Hunt is cheap and only cares about money, and doesn't mind mediocrity and the average Chiefs fan is a dumbass who only cares about tailgating and average seasons...

..and then you subsequently put a miniscule amount of interest or time into the team...

...you get exactly what you deserve...being miserable.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:38 PM

He said it in one of his last interviews. The mention of "trade" was a one-time comment, IIRC.

FringeNC
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
The point is that we have 0 impressive wins this year and if anyone uses today as an argument that Haley should keep his job, they are stupid.

or alternately, Haley is coach of the year for winning 5 games with QBs worse than those mentioned.

ThaVirus
12-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I think Bowe has a little more 'character' in that respect than many on here give him credit for. Not that you're attacking Bowe, but because he can be a bit of a dumbass sometimes, people are quick to compare him unfavorably to some other diva receivers.

I think he's just super frustrated at the ineptitude of the QB position. You can see it in his body language after every under and overthrow. He kind of puts his head down and lolls his way back to the huddle. He knows we can't do shit with the limp-dicks we have under center and his production is directly linked to them.

I hope you're wrong. I'm just hoping they have any bit of a brain. Take a look around the league, every team with a top 8 QB is a contender. Look at all the teams with a bottom 8 QB and their W/L record correlates. DO THE RIGHT THING, FO!

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM

HUNT: “In my view, if we ever want to have a chance, a real chance of competing in the Super Bowl, we have to develop our own franchise quarterback. Doesn’t mean we have to draft him; we can get him in a trade.”

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:40 PM

...if you think Clark Hunt is cheap and only cares about money, and doesn't mind mediocrity and the average Chiefs fan is a dumbass who only cares about tailgating and average seasons...

..and then you subsequently put a miniscule amount of interest or time into the team...

And if you believe the bold, yet have invested 30 years and tens of thousands of dollars into this franchise?

ThaVirus
12-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Also, I'd like to reneg a bit on an earlier post. We do need a OL help, but we need a NT in a bad way. QB first, then OL and/or NT. That would make me a happy man. Good thing is, we can get quality players on the OL in the later rounds.

FAX
Hash, meet Rehash.

FAX

kysirsoze
And if you believe the bold, yet have invested 30 years and tens of thousands of dollars into this franchise?

You're all in and you defend the Hunt family to the death.

/trolling

tredadda
12-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Also, I'd like to reneg a bit on an earlier post. We do need a OL help, but we need a NT in a bad way. QB first, then OL and/or NT. That would make me a happy man. Good thing is, we can get quality players on the OL in the later rounds.

And free agency. We can address every weakness this team has through free agency except one. Can you guess which position that is?

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:44 PM

Clark and his whole stupid family are cheap asses and they only care about mediocrity. If they did care about winning they really haven't shown it the last 15 years

notorious
12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
He knows what will put asses in the seats.

When I say "asses" I mean "asses".

ThaVirus
12-04-2011, 04:47 PM
And free agency. We can address every weakness this team has through free agency except one. Can you guess which position that is?

RT?????

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM

LMAO

Epic Fail 007
12-04-2011, 04:49 PM
And?????????????????What they suppose to do loose?stfu,stupid post

dirk digler

your an assess ass :D

BossChief
im gonna ask again because whenever I ask, I get crickets...

What players was Pioli supposed to spend Clarks money on?

kcxiv
12-04-2011, 04:52 PM
If the Chiefs really want that QB and they arent in a position too, they need to trade up, its just that simple right now. We arent a good team, but we do have some pretty damned good players and we will win a few games here n there.

We dont know what the draft position is going to look like. Hell Miami may win a few more games we dont even know as well as other teams.

Epic Fail 007
Also they beat the defenses not the qbs again stupid post

Titty Meat

Ones that can play in cold weather. Does this satisfy your question KC Wolf?

tredadda
12-04-2011, 04:53 PM
And?????????????????What they suppose to do loose?stfu,stupid post

That and use proper grammar.

ArrowheadHawk
https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZEup2TbIP8zQA84HIbEoyZBxuD021LEDxWlkNjoj_H4KjKkndgQ

kysirsoze
Also they beat the defenses not the qbs again stupid post

eric007...checkin fools all over the planet. Go get em, little e!

FAX
12-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Clark and his whole stupid family are cheap assess and they only care about mediocrity. If they did care about winning they really haven't shown it the last 15 years

I sort of figured that Lamar had accomplished everything in life that he wanted and was content with playing the stock market and leaving behind a legacy as a "real nice and understanding guy in the locker room after games".

Then, when Clark took over for the family, I thought maybe he would bring a new energy to the franchise and a desire to win in order to make a name for himself. That's why I thought the Pioli hire was a real good sign.

However, I've come to realize that Clark is not really Lamar's son at all. He was born of a human mother alright, but his father was a jackal. Then, he was reared by nannies who had long ago sold their souls to Satan. Now, the only thing that can save us from a future of infinite misery is to stab him eleventy billion times with some old knives.

FAX

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:55 PM

I would have to go back and look at who was available but I guarantee there was better players available than Barry Richardson and Sabby Piscitelli out in FA.

Marcellus
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
I would have to go back and look at who was available but I guarantee there was better players available than Barry Richardson and Sabby Piscitelli out in FA.

I contend $ wasn't the issue, the dumbass front office thinks they know how to build a team and they are wrong.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 04:57 PM
This is what you posted:

Ones that can play in cold weather. Does this satisfy your question KC Wolf?

This is what I read:

I have got absolutely nothing, so I will hurl a dumbass response. I still think we should have given Some benchwarmer for NO a big contract. That makes me smarter than Pioli

So, as usual, you have nothing.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 04:59 PM
I contend $ wasn't the issue, the dumbass front office thinks they know how to build a team and they are wrong.

I disagree. I don't think they aren't going to spend money until they are forced to which happens after next season.

Titty Meat
12-04-2011, 05:01 PM
This is what you posted:

This is what I read:

So, as usual, you have nothing.

I gave a stupid response to your dumbass question.

The team was 32 million under the cap.

They should have addressed Right Tackle, Backup QB, Tight end, and Backup safety.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:02 PM

This offseason...not really.

they at least tried with about the only guy with a chance in Gaither.

No argument that we should have picked up one of the NE safeties that were jettisoned, other than that there wasnt much to pick through.

notorious
12-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Clark knew we weren't going to win shit with Cassel at the helm and Haley coaching this year, so why throw away a cool 30 million?

He is just sitting back and waiting for next year to draft the position that will put us over the top: RT.

stonedstooge
I disagree. I don't think they aren't going to spend money until they are forced to which happens after next season.

It happens next year doesn't it?

Titty Meat

No argument that we should have picked up one of the NE safeties that were jettisoned, other than that there wasnt much to pick through.

Lol yeah a chance with a guy who hadn't played in over a year and failed a physical with another team.

We should have been in the hunt for Tyson Clabo.

1ChiefsDan
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Do you guys enjoy being miserable all the time?It's Hamas. If he isn't complaining, check for a pulse.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Front office is spending money on our own guys. Face it this franchise got blown the fuck up. Rookies and young guys don't cost anything. Other than the QB and McCluster for the most part they are building this the right way.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I gave a stupid response to your dumbass question.

The team was 32 million under the cap.

They should have addressed Right Tackle, Backup QB, Tight end, and Backup safety.

WHO?

tredadda
12-04-2011, 05:07 PM
Front office is spending money on our own guys. Face it this franchise got blown the **** up. Rookies and young guys don't cost anything. Other than the QB and McCluster for the most part they are building this the right way.

I agree and have no issues with spending money on this team's core players. I do think we are at a point now that if we can get our franchise QB in the first round this year, we can supplement our weaknesses through FA and the rest of the draft.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Front office is spending money on our own guys. Face it this franchise got blown the fuck up. Rookies and young guys don't cost anything. Other than the QB and McCluster for the most part they are building this the right way.

absolutely.

They swung and missed with Cassel

Time to get out there and hit a homerun.

NOBODY would be bitching if we had a REAL quarterback.

We would be talking about homefield advantage in the playoffs right now.

12-04-2011, 05:09 PM
absolutely.

I disagree with the bolded part.

tredadda
12-04-2011, 05:09 PM
absolutely.

Exactly, although I think injuries to key players might have kept us from making a SB this year.

O.city
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
absolutely.

This.

The way the schedule has played out and the way the d is playing right now, if we had a franchise qb we'd be talking homefield adv. for sure.

chuxtrux
12-04-2011, 05:10 PM
No, I'm not.

The average fan is a dumbass.

Really though all fans are dumbasses. I am guessing the smartest person on this board probably doesn't know 1/5 about what goes on at Arrowhead compared to probably least experienced/competent person in the Chiefs football operations. Not saying fans shouldn't critique the team because that's what fans do, but just pointing out that even the "smart" fans on here are still pretty clueless.

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Really though all fans are dumbasses. I am guessing the smartest person on this board probably doesn't know 1/5 about what goes on at Arrowhead compared to probably least experienced/competent person in the Chiefs football operations. Not saying fans shouldn't critique the team because that's what fans do, but just pointing out that even the "smart" fans on here are still pretty clueless.

I would say that is false.

Nightfyre
12-04-2011, 05:16 PM
WHO?

Pioli should have miracled some free agents into existence. God BossChief...

o:-)

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 05:18 PM
It's Hamas. If he isn't complaining, check for a pulse.

:facepalm:

He, and every Chiefs fan, has a right to complain about this bullshit.

The only reason we have a win in the last two years is because of all the weak competition we have faced.

Three years into this regime and we're still playing pattycake with the weaklings of the league.

It's a bunch of bullshit and all the maggots with low standards for this team need to get the fuck out.

stevieray
12-04-2011, 05:21 PM

me?

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:23 PM

still waiting

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:24 PM

Willie Colon
Tyson Clabo
Jermon Bushrod
Charlie Johnson
Jeremy TrueBlood

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:24 PM
:facepalm:

He, and every Chiefs fan, has a right to complain about this bullshit.

The only reason we have a win in the last two years is because of all the weak competition we have faced.

Three years into this regime and we're still playing pattycake with the weaklings of the league.

It's a bunch of bullshit and all the maggots with low standards for this team need to get the fuck out.

Thats not entirely true.

Give this team a quarterback and it will shine.

90% of the rest of the picture is already painted.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Dashon Goldson
Dawan Landry
Quintin Mikell

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
WHOO!

Here we go, its on.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:28 PM
Willie Colon - re-signed for Pittsburgh
Tyson Clabo re-signed with ATL
Jermon Bushrod re-signed with NO
Charlie Johnson junk
Jeremy TrueBlood re-signed with TB

haha

cmon man.

The only guy on that list that was ever gonna leave their own team was Charlie Johnson and that's because Indy wanted nothing to do with his garbage ass.

This offseason, more than any in history, had very little player movement due to no offseason. Players re-signed with their previous team more than any other year.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:31 PM
Dashon Goldson
Dawan Landry
Quintin Mikell

might as well throw Pollard on that list of NFL greats.

Shit, Pollard might be the best of the bunch if you did.

OnTheWarpath15
12-04-2011, 05:32 PM
me?

I was talking about me, minus the part about Clark being cheap. He's not cheap, he just doesn't spend his money wisely, IMO.

..if you think Clark Hunt is cheap and only cares about money, and doesn't mind mediocrity and the average Chiefs fan is a dumbass who only cares about tailgating and average seasons...

I was asking about the people like me that believe the bold, but have invested decades of time and tens of thousands of hard earned money.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:34 PM
haha

cmon man.

The only guy on that list that was ever gonna leave their own team was Charlie Johnson and that's because Indy wanted nothing to do with his garbage ass.

This offseason, more than any in history, had very little player movement due to no offseason. Players re-signed with their previous team more than any other year.

You asked.

They were all available and could have been signed as they didn't resign prior to going to FA.

FAX
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
If I lived in KC and could score some Mr. gblowfish-esque seats, I'd definitely pay to watch this team. They have some exciting players. Heck, I'd pay for parking and buy everybody in my section row a beer and a hotdog.

Actually, it's nice to know that you're only a few players short of a team that could compete for the AFCW every year for a decade. And, once we make the playoffs, we have a defense that can keep us in games ... assuming that we don't turn the ball over or continue to fail so miserably on offense.

It's like watching the birth of greatness. Like watching our Founding Fathers jam out some dang paperwork and manifestos and stuff. Like watching Gandhi eat his last Taco Supreme before the British surrender. Like watching Josie Wales wake up after the Redlegs have burned down his damn house.

You know something big is happening right before your eyes.

FAX

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:37 PM
might as well throw Pollard on that list of NFL greats.

Shit, Pollard might be the best of the bunch if you did.

All 3 are starters and a million times better than Sabby.

this team has zero depth and what depth they have is shit.

doomy3
12-04-2011, 05:38 PM
All 3 are starters and a million times better than Sabby.

this team has zero depth and what depth they have is shit.

Do you think they would have wanted to sign here as a backup?

O.city
12-04-2011, 05:39 PM
We probably didn't see our all pro safety going down for the season as he didn't come off the field last year for one snap.

FAX
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM

I thought that both Pollard and Page decided that they didn't want to play for Haley on account of the fact that he was such a big meanie.

FAX

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM

takes 2 to tango

doomy3
12-04-2011, 05:42 PM
takes 2 to tango

I'm not sure what you're saying, exactly.

If you're saying we need 2 starting safeties, yeah, I understand that.

I like seeing Lewis and Berry out there though.

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Saffold
Smith
Fletcher
Bartell
Amendola

The Rams have 10 ****ing DBs on IR. 10.

Sorry, tell someone that gives a fuck.

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:45 PM

Don't know. Goldson for example is a FS who could have come in and competed with Lewis.

All I am saying is that there was options and this team decided to stick with Barry Richardson and Sabby shitface. They chose the cheap route instead of spending some money to upgrade this team.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:47 PM
I thought that both Pollard and Page decided that they didn't want to play for Haley on account of the fact that he was such a big meanie.

FAX

I dont think Page was ever any good.

He wasnt fast. Took poor angles. Missed a lot of tackles. Glorified by late game "in the right place at the right time" plays.

Fuck em.

I think Pollard had a place on this team as a situational player and special teams demon.

My money is on the team giving him the "DJ treatment" to try and motivate the kid to take the next step in his career and DJ went in one direction and Pollard went in the other direction.

Pollard was a good run defender and was a difference maker on special teams...but he was the playing equivalent of Barry Richardson when asked to cover...or make the decision on who to cover.

Funny thing about that is thats exactly what Baltimore is doing with him this year.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure what you're saying, exactly.

If you're saying we need 2 starting safeties, yeah, I understand that.

I like seeing Lewis and Berry out there though.

I was agreeing with your point.

We have to want the player to sign here and the player has to want to sign here, too.

BigMeatballDave
12-04-2011, 05:49 PM
I disagree with the bolded part.

Why?

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Pollard was a good run defende

No, he never was, and that's the shit that drove me wild about his supporters.

The dude missed tackle after tackle after tackle. He fucking sucked.

Texans fans weren't sorry to see him go, either.

Nightfyre
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM
Why?

Because the bitching is never-ending.

doomy3
12-04-2011, 05:51 PM

The dude missed tackle after tackle after tackle. He ****ing sucked.

Pollard got lost in coverage again today and Peyton Hillis ran past him for a 40+ yard catch. The dude sucks.

BossChief
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM

The dude missed tackle after tackle after tackle. He fucking sucked.

So did DJ.

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 05:52 PM

Exactly, this team has shit for a defense for over a decade, then they play back to back great games, and all we hear is this shit from the drafttabulators.

The glass IS HALF FULL DAMMIT!

dirk digler
12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
It happens next year doesn't it?

I believe it starts in the 2013 season

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 05:57 PM

Did you notice Tyson Jackson had a sack today?

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 06:07 PM
Never got to see them win a SB. That happened before I was born (and I am 34). What did that feel like to see them make it to and win a SB?
The SB didn't even sell out then, but the Chiefs were a great team.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-04-2011, 06:08 PM

That is great man. When the Chiefs defense gets to play a team with a bad RB, bad QB, bad offensive line and mediocre recievers, they are awesome.

Hey, the defense is coming along, and is certianly farther along than the offense.

But, please don't read too much into today.

This is the same defense that couldn't stop Denver, and allowed 40+ against the Bills and Lions. They allowed 30+ against the Pats and Miami.

They gave up 24 against Indy. (without Peyton Manning).

So, let's be a little realistic.

O.city
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
That is great man. When the Chiefs defense gets to play a team with a bad RB, bad QB, bad offensive line and mediocre recievers, they are awesome.

Hey, the defense is coming along, and is certianly farther along than the offense.

This is the same defense that couldn't stop Denver, and allowed 40+ against the Bills and Lions. They allowed 30+ against the Pats and Miami.

A team with a bad rb? The knocked arguably the best rb in the game out in the first quarter.

Denver scored 17 points on them. Dunno how that's not stopping.

Were on the field basically the entire game against he Pats and Phins.

The reason everyone is so optimistic is because they are playing a different style. They are actually playing the 34 the way it is built to be played. Bringing pressure. Something they didn't do against Miami or the Bills or the LIons or Indy.

Doing all this with an offensive that boomed today and scored 10 points.

O.city
12-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Or how bout that Pitt team that put up 30 on the top five rated Bengals team today? How did they do against this defense?

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 06:16 PM

They still deserve a lot of credit.

We held an offense playing at home to 3 points and less than 200 yards.

That's impressive no matter the opponent.

HemiEd
12-04-2011, 06:24 PM
Offense sells tickets

We have the defense, now we need the offense...only thing left is the quarterback.

Exactly, it has been a long time since this team only needed one player. Even if it is them most important one.

tecumseh
12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
We've got a GOOD defense. Whether it's schemes, lights goin' on or what, can't be denied the D is playing to win the kill. So let's enjoy the ride and hope for improvement from the powers that be.

stevieray
12-04-2011, 06:32 PM
I was talking about me, minus the part about Clark being cheap. He's not cheap, he just doesn't spend his money wisely, IMO.

I was asking about the people like me that believe the bold, but have invested decades of time and tens of thousands of hard earned money.

IMO, If you believe that he accepts mediocrity, and you still expect success, you are wasting your time and money.

..and if you were by chance implying me....

there's been a few defining moments and mitigating factors for me.. first off, my daughter was born the same year the last time they played in a second playoff game...she's now in college.

I moved back to KC in 2003..we won't discuss 95 and 97...still pisses me off...you'll never convince me otherwise that we were intentionally screwed in 97

Anyway....late in the fourth when Priest broke that long run when were tied at 31 all..in my heart, I was convinced we were going to win and were serious contenders for the SB..I really believed it was our time...and then he fumbled for the first time in over four hundred carries...and for the very first time in my life, I actually cried in the parking lot over a damn football game.

When Dole and I went to Canton for DT's enshrinement, we saw this board that had the history of all the teams, and their successes were marked by dots...Chiefs had white dots across a fifteen foot long board.....and it was like punch in the gut reality check of how very little success this org had achieved...it was extremely depressing...and I don't mean that lightly....it almost hurt physically....and at the same time...didn't seem right..you know the history..our owner helped create the current NFL, pretty much started tailgating.. coined the SB, etc, etc..even so it was an eye opener.

Honestly, I think two major things have changed, and to a certain extent, runied the game...

money...it's more business than game...it has corrupted the owners, spolied the players and ripped off the fans...the league is prolly now, more than ever, a good ol boy network, even down to permeating outcomes of games, and the success of certain franchises...media bias included...I could go on, but you get the point

Goodell...has enforced rules that basically put skirts on QB's and WR's..and ball and chains around defenses...for decades it was smashmouth, truly physical, hard fought, gut wrenching football..may the best man win...now we expect big plays and highlight reels as much as possible...players now seem more concerned with their face on TV for a big hit, instead of fundamentally sound tackling...I also loathe that, for the most part, they have taken the game away from the QB, and put the onus on an offensive coordinator who isn't even on the field...I'd rather win or lose with my QB actually being the QB, instead of just "doing what he's told".. I think that is exactly why PM has been so successful, he truly is a QB's QB...as it should be..instead of some stupid guessing chess match mishmash of well..let's hope my playcall is better than his playcall...complete BS.

Lastly and finally, and I've said it before...you can't tell me that Clark's heart and soul is suffering the wins and losses with the fanbase, when he flies HOME to Dallas. This isn't his home, and his roots aren't deeply embedded in KC...to think that they are isn't possible, and for that, will always create a disconnect that can NEVER EVER inspire a true desire to win it all for KC. ..IMO, it's just not gonna happen. The coaches know it, the players know it, and Carl took advantage of it for twenty years...got us squat.

that said, my expectations are tempered, even though I still hold onto the game is still bigger than any player, and anything can happen..chances are..it's not and it won't...sad but true.

they don't get much of my money, and they damn sure won't rip my heart out...but I'll go. Because you only get eight times a year to be there, and the game is still the greatest in the world. I'll enjoy what I can, when I can....that will always belong to me, regardless of any outcome. I've met incredible people out there, and sometimes, that is worth much more, and lasts much, much longer when it's all said and done.

end of rant... sorry so long...thanks for your time.

12-04-2011, 06:36 PM
Why?

Because the bitching is never-ending.

This

tredadda
12-04-2011, 06:44 PM
IMO, If you believe that he accepts mediocrity, and you still expect success, you are wasting your time and money.

..and if you were by chance implying me....

there's been a few defining moments and mitigating factors for me.. first off, my daughter was born the same year the last time they played in a second playoff game...she's now in college.

I moved back to KC in 2003..we won't discuss 95 and 97...still pisses me off...you'll never convince me otherwise that we were intentionally screwed in 97

Anyway....late in the fourth when Priest broke that long run when were tied at 31 all..in my heart, I was convinced we were going to win and were serious contenders for the SB..I really believed it was our time...and then he fumbled for the first time in over four hundred carries...and for the very first time in my life, I actually cried in the parking over a damn football game.

When Dole and I went to Canton for DT's enshrinement, we saw this board that had the history of all the teams, and their successes were marked by dots...Chiefs had white dots across a fifteen foot long board.....and it was like punch in the gut reality check of how very little success this org had achieved...it was extremely depressing...and I don't mean that lightly....it almost hurt physically....and at the same time...didn't seem right..you know the history..our owner helped create the current NFL, pretty much started tailgating.. coined the SB, etc, etc..even so it was an eye opener.

Honestly, I think two major things have changed, and to a certain extent, runied the game...

money...it's more business than game...it has corrupted the owners, spolied the players and ripped off the fans...the league is prolly now, more than ever, a good ol boy network, even down to permeating outcomes of games, and the success of certain franchises...media bias included...I could go on, but you get the point

Goodell...has enforced rules that basically put skirts on QB's and WR's..and ball and chains around defenses...for decades it was smashmouth, truly physical, hard fought, gut wrenching football..may the best man win...now we expect big plays and highlight reels as much as possible...players now seem more concerned with their face on TV for a big hit, instead of fundamentally sound tackling...I also loathe that, for the most part, they have taken the game away from the QB, and put the onus on an offensive coordinator who isn't even on the field...I'd rather win or lose with my QB actually being the QB, instead of just "doing what he's told".. I think that is exactly why PM has been so successful, he truly is a QB's QB...as it should be..instead of some stupid guessing chess match mishmash of well..let's hope my playcall is better than his playcall...complete BS.

Lastly and finally, and I've said it before...you can't tell me that Clark's heart and soul, is suffering the wins and losses with the fanbase, when he flies HOME to Dallas. This isn't his home, and his roots aren't deeply embedded in KC...to think that it is, isn't possible, and for that, will always create a disconnect that can NEVER EVER inspire a true desire to win it all for KC. ..IMO, it's just not gonna happen. The coaches know it, the players know it, and Carl took advantage of it for twenty years...got us squat.

that said, my expectations are tempered, even though I still hold onto the game is still bigger than any player, and anything can happen..chances are..it's not and it won't...sad but true.

they don't get much of my money, and they damn sure won't rip my heart out...but I'll go. Because you only get eight times a year to be there, and the game is still the greatest in the world. I'll enjoy what I can, when I can....that will always belong to me, regardless of any outcome. I've met incredible people out there, and sometimes, that is worth much more, and lasts much, much longer when it's all said and done.

end of rant... sorry so long...thanks for your time.

Great post!

SenselessChiefsFan
12-04-2011, 06:49 PM
They still deserve a lot of credit.

We held an offense playing at home to 3 points and less than 200 yards.

That's impressive no matter the opponent.

Sorry, but they have an offensive line on par with the Chiefs. After Forte went down, the Chiefs running backs were better than what they have.

And, Hannie is even worse than Palko.

Sorry, but its really not impressive.

I think fans just want to think that once the Chiefs solve the QB problem, they will be a contender.

They won't.

Getting Berry, Charles and Moeaki back will help.

Firing Haley will help too.

But, there are still holes other than QB.

They don't have to fill all of them, because all teams have some weaknesses in today's NFL.

The list, IMO:

Defensive line. Powe may be an answer here. Jackson and Dorsey are okay starters, but the Chiefs have zerod difference makers in the front three.

Belcher needs to be replaced.

Carr is good, but can be upgraded. (Not saying he is a big problem, but if you have the opportunity to upgrade here, it helps the entire defense)

Richardson, Lilja and Wiegman all need to go.

Chiefs need a TE that doesn't get injured.

Chiefs need a decent back to spell Charles.

Chiefs could also use a true #1 WR. I don't know if Baldwin will develope into that guy.

milkman
12-04-2011, 06:51 PM

The Texans O-Line didn't "David Carr" David Carr.

David Carr "David Carred" that O-Line.

He was every bit as bad as Matt Cassel at reading defenses and going through his progressions.

He held the ball to long and was every bit as responsible for his number of sacks, if not moreso, as his line.

The year he was replaced by Matt Schaub, that O-Line allowed fewer than half the sacks as they did in Carr's last season.

tredadda
12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Sorry, but they have an offensive line on par with the Chiefs. After Forte went down, the Chiefs running backs were better than what they have.

And, Hannie is even worse than Palko.

Sorry, but its really not impressive.

I think fans just want to think that once the Chiefs solve the QB problem, they will be a contender.

They won't.

Getting Berry, Charles and Moeaki back will help.

Firing Haley will help too.

But, there are still holes other than QB.

They don't have to fill all of them, because all teams have some weaknesses in today's NFL.

The list, IMO:

Defensive line. Powe may be an answer here. Jackson and Dorsey are okay starters, but the Chiefs have zerod difference makers in the front three.

Belcher needs to be replaced.

Carr is good, but can be upgraded. (Not saying he is a big problem, but if you have the opportunity to upgrade here, it helps the entire defense)

Richardson, Lilja and Wiegman all need to go.

Chiefs need a TE that doesn't get injured.

Chiefs need a decent back to spell Charles.

Chiefs could also use a true #1 WR. I don't know if Baldwin will develope into that guy.

Disagree on Carr and the lack of a #1 WR. Bowe will be a top 10, possibly Top 5 WR with a good QB throwing it. Carr is a very underrated CB. I don't think he needs to be upgraded at all. He has been playing even better since we went to more man to man coverage.

FAX
12-04-2011, 07:00 PM
ROFL

Dissing the defense? Shame. Shame on you, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan.

This defense has played its heart out week after week knowing full well that the offense cannot score more than a FG or two at best. They have spent probably 3/4s of the game on the field because the offense does not know what a first down is. They have held good teams to FGs when the enemy was at the gates with a first down at the friggin' five yard line. And, they have done all this with Crap and Crap Jr. at safety, a place-holder at NT, and while young players like Houston are trying to learn the position.

You are giving the word "sensible" a bad name and you should smash yourself in the head with a nine iron.

FAX

ChiefsCountry
12-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Disagree on Carr and the lack of a #1 WR. Bowe will be a top 10, possibly Top 5 WR with a good QB throwing it. Carr is a very underrated CB. I don't think he needs to be upgraded at all. He has been playing even better since we went to more man to man coverage.

You are arguing with a true dumbass, its not worth your time.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-04-2011, 07:14 PM
ROFL

Dissing the defense? Shame. Shame on you, Mr. SensibleChiefsfan.

This defense has played its heart out week after week knowing full well that the offense cannot score more than a FG or two at best. They have spent probably 3/4s of the game on the field because the offense does not know what a first down is. They have held good teams to FGs when the enemy was at the gates with a first down at the friggin' five yard line. And, they have done all this with Crap and Crap Jr. at safety, a place-holder at NT, and while young players like Houston are trying to learn the position.

You are giving the word "sensible" a bad name and you should smash yourself in the head with a nine iron.

FAX

This defense has given up 30+ points four times. This defense couldn't stop the Broncos from running the ball. This defense gave up 24 points to a Curtis Painter led offense. Which, by the way, is the most points allowed by a team against the Colts this year with Painter as the QB.

As I said, it appears the Chiefs defense is getting better. But, it is not yet great.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM

Carr is good, don't get me wrong. Just not elite. I think I said that I don't think he is a problem, I just think the Chiefs could upgrade there. He isn't a top 10 cb, IMO.

Now, as far as Bowe. I think he is a great possession WR. He is great with RAC. He doesn't get in an out of his breaks as quickly as I would like.

JMO.

O.city
12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Over the last three games the defense has played 1 bad half of football.

And you say they didn't stop the Broncos running game? The donks ran the ball 55 times. They had 250 yards on 55 carries and scored 17 points. An average offense beats the broncos that day.

We play a 34 on defense. In that scheme you don't need difference makers up front. The Steelers have any up front? The Ravens have Ngata and?

The defensive line has played solid the last 3 weeks.

I'd say a couple of those 40+ point games had something to do with the fact that the offense couldn't get first downs?

Argue that the Chiefs don't have good depth or that they need a Qb fine.

But to argue that the defense isn't playing really well right now is shitty.