PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Was that the first Chiefs hail mary TD you've seen?

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 06:09 PM
I've been waiting my entire fucking life to see the Chiefs complete a hail mary pass for a TD.

We finally do it...in a worthless ballgame...with the worst Chiefs QB maybe EVER throwing it to a stupid midget.

So all I can think about right now is how we wasted the hail mary we had coming to us on all that bullshit.

O.city
12-04-2011, 06:10 PM
What was McClusters stat line today?

Against the vaunted Bear defense?

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM

It sucked, and fuck you.

WhitiE
12-04-2011, 06:13 PM

Did you know those guys are good tacklers?

Okie_Apparition
12-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Posted on Sun, Dec. 04, 2011 06:07 PM

McCluster's miracle is biggest play of day
By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star
By KENT BABB The Kansas City Star
Updated: 2011-12-05T00:35:07Z

CHICAGO – Dexter McCluster might have been the only person at Soldier Field who could believe what happened. It was the first half’s final play, a desperate throw by Chiefs quarterback Tyler Palko toward the end zone, and anyway, those plays never work.

Right?

Instead, McCluster was there, the smallest player on the field making the biggest play of the day as he calmly watched the ball bounce off Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher’s hands and into his arms. Touchdown, and that was the only one the Chiefs needed Sunday in a 10-3 victory against the Bears.

“Once I saw how he was going to hit the ball down,” McCluster said, “I knew it was coming right to me. I just prepared myself for it, and it fell right in my lap.”

McCluster admitted after the win that he needed a day like Sunday. This season has mostly been disappointing for the Chiefs’ versatile second-year player. He has been overshadowed at wide receiver, overmatched at running back, and infrequently used after three fumbles in the Chiefs’ first seven contests. Against the Bears, the former second-round draft pick led his team with 61 rushing yards, including a 32-yarder that was the team’s second-longest run of the season. He also had three other catches, in addition to the touchdown as time expired in the first half.

“You always need a game like that,” he said, “for your team and also for yourself, to show that, you know what, there’s something special about you, and you can contribute to this team.”

McCluster said his touchdown catch had more to do with preparation than luck. He said the Chiefs practice plays like that each Friday, and it’s always the 5-foot-8, 170-pound McCluster hiding in the bunch, ready to get a hand or two on a tipped ball. Coach Todd Haley said everything went right on that play, from Palko scrambling long enough to throw the ball toward the right spot, and McCluster sticking with his assignment.

“We work awfully hard at that,” Haley said. “… Great play by everybody involved.”

The Chiefs needed something like that, particularly with how difficult it has been lately to score touchdowns. Before McCluster’s miracle, the Chiefs hadn’t reached the end zone in nearly three full games – a drought that lasted 56 possessions.

McCluster, though, might have needed it more than anyone.

“It worked out perfectly,” he said. “… I just have to, within myself, know that I can make plays and try to do that for the team.”

ChiefFripp
12-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Posted on Sun, Dec. 04, 2011 06:07 PM

McCluster's miracle is biggest play of day
By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star
By KENT BABB The Kansas City Star
Updated: 2011-12-05T00:35:07Z

CHICAGO – Dexter McCluster might have been the only person at Soldier Field who could believe what happened. It was the first half’s final play, a desperate throw by Chiefs quarterback Tyler Palko toward the end zone, and anyway, those plays never work.

Right?

Instead, McCluster was there, the smallest player on the field making the biggest play of the day as he calmly watched the ball bounce off Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher’s hands and into his arms. Touchdown, and that was the only one the Chiefs needed Sunday in a 10-3 victory against the Bears.

“Once I saw how he was going to hit the ball down,” McCluster said, “I knew it was coming right to me. I just prepared myself for it, and it fell right in my lap.”

McCluster admitted after the win that he needed a day like Sunday. This season has mostly been disappointing for the Chiefs’ versatile second-year player. He has been overshadowed at wide receiver, overmatched at running back, and infrequently used after three fumbles in the Chiefs’ first seven contests. Against the Bears, the former second-round draft pick led his team with 61 rushing yards, including a 32-yarder that was the team’s second-longest run of the season. He also had three other catches, in addition to the touchdown as time expired in the first half.

“You always need a game like that,” he said, “for your team and also for yourself, to show that, you know what, there’s something special about you, and you can contribute to this team.”

McCluster said his touchdown catch had more to do with preparation than luck. He said the Chiefs practice plays like that each Friday, and it’s always the 5-foot-8, 170-pound McCluster hiding in the bunch, ready to get a hand or two on a tipped ball. Coach Todd Haley said everything went right on that play, from Palko scrambling long enough to throw the ball toward the right spot, and McCluster sticking with his assignment.

“We work awfully hard at that,” Haley said. “… Great play by everybody involved.”

The Chiefs needed something like that, particularly with how difficult it has been lately to score touchdowns. Before McCluster’s miracle, the Chiefs hadn’t reached the end zone in nearly three full games – a drought that lasted 56 possessions.

McCluster, though, might have needed it more than anyone.

“It worked out perfectly,” he said. “… I just have to, within myself, know that I can make plays and try to do that for the team.”
As absurd as his quote seems, I don 't see anyone else playing on the offense with half as much heart as McCluster.

Bowser
12-04-2011, 07:12 PM

It sucked, and fuck you.

Over 100 total yards and a score, if I'm not mistaken. I'll let Clay confirm this. ;)

12-04-2011, 07:12 PM
Over 100 total yards and a score, if I'm not mistaken. I'll let Clay confirm this. ;)

Pretty sure he had 46 yards receiving.

wazu
12-04-2011, 07:19 PM
As absurd as his quote seems, I don 't see anyone else playing on the offense with half as much heart as McCluster.

You must have missed Terrance Copper's big play today.

jd1020
12-04-2011, 07:21 PM
Pretty sure he had 46 yards receiving.

107 total yards on 13 plays.

McCluster is a solid offensive player but people are too blinded by their hatred that the Chiefs picked him in the 2nd round to admit it.

Hammock Parties
12-04-2011, 07:23 PM

McCluster is a solid offensive player but people are too blinded by their hatred that the Chiefs picked him in the 2nd round to admit it.

He's solid in the same way my poops are solid.

jd1020
He's solid in the same way my poops are solid.

What are you going to lose in the bet?

Okie_Apparition
Another opportunity for me slap Carthon on the back for fixing Charles, Battle & McCluster's well known fumbling problems

pr_capone
12-04-2011, 07:24 PM

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more Dexter!

stonedstooge
12-04-2011, 07:28 PM
Jones had a good day too didn't he? Playing ANGRY he must of got like 30 yards on 8 or 9 carries?

jd1020
12-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Jones had a good day too didn't he? Playing ANGRY he must of got like 30 yards on 8 or 9 carries?

Not so much. Some of his big runs came back because the Chiefs held to open up the holes for him. He stuck to his usual 2 yards per carry with 16 for 36.

stonedstooge
12-04-2011, 07:31 PM
[QUOTE=jd1020;8170134]Not so much. Some of his big runs came back because the Chiefs held to open up the holes for him. He stuck to his usual 2 yards per carry with 16 for 36.[/QUOTE

LMAO Worse than I thought