PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Which series of consecutive miracles is more likely?

suzzer99
12-04-2011, 11:40 PM
In order to make the playoffs in 2006 - the Chiefs needed to win their last 3 games, then have an unimaginable series of events unfold - the last of which was Cutler somehow blowing it at home to the woeful 49ers. And we all know how that turned out.

Well this year, all we need is to win our last 4 games and have Denver and the Raiders lose once (other than the games we win over them). The Raiders play @ Green Bay, and the Broncos have plenty of losable games. We will win head to head with the Raiders and have a better division record than the Broncos. (In a 3-way tie we still win by division record.)

Of course there is that pesky fact that we also have the Green Bay Packers in the way? So which is more unlikely - us making the playoffs now, or us making the playoffs in 2006? I mean Rogers could always get hurt next week. Seems about as likely as what happened in 2006.

tk13
12-04-2011, 11:58 PM
I'd actually vote for this year being more likely. What happened in 2006 was truly nuts.

Of course it's still unlikely because our offense can't score a touchdown. But, I can see Oakland losing out, every game they have left will be tough unless San Diego has totally quit by week 17. They could easily be coming into Arrowhead at 7-7 in two weeks because of their choke job today. Denver still has to play NE and @ Buffalo in what will likely be a frozen tundra.

Honestly if San Diego woke up, I think they have a legit shot if they can win out and get to 9 wins. I'm not sure anyone is getting to 10. Denver probably has the best shot.

Bugeater
12-05-2011, 12:00 AM
No fucking way we beat Green Bay. End of story.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
Fuck you.

Bearcat
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM
In order to make the playoffs in 2006 - the Chiefs needed to win their last 3 games, then have an unimaginable series of events unfold - the last of which was Cutler somehow blowing it at home to the woeful 49ers. And we all know how that turned out.

They only had to win their last two games, and it was against the 2-14 Raiders and 8-8 Jaguars.

bevischief
12-05-2011, 12:06 AM
No ****ing way we beat Green Bay. End of story.

Good luck anyone beating GB this year.

tk13
12-05-2011, 12:07 AM
Here, you want it in writing:

KC

@Jets - W
Packers L
Oakland W
@Denver W

OAK

@Packers L
Lions - L
@Chiefs - L
San Diego - W

DEN

Chicago - W
New England - L
@Buffalo - L
Kansas City - L

This scenario happens, Chiefs win the division. I think the only unrealistic thing happening is us beating the Jets really. The rest is a toss up.

boogblaster
12-05-2011, 12:07 AM
its krazy .. but it could .... slap me ......

Caseyguyrr
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
never. gonna. happen.

swayy07
12-05-2011, 12:09 AM
how many more games does green bay need to win to lock up homefield and all that?

RealSNR
12-05-2011, 12:09 AM
The first step: win all your games.

The 2006 Chiefs team was capable of doing that. This Chiefs team is not.

Screw the other factors. We're not going 4-0 against the Jets, Packers, and two division opponents.

Cornstock
12-05-2011, 12:11 AM
The Green Bay one will be the toughy. But one trend I have noticed so far this year (hasn't always resulted in a W but useful nonetheless) is how we are miraculously able to injure the other team's best player within the first 5 minutes of games. Not wanting to wish ill will or bad luck to Rodgers but it has seemed uncanny.

Bearcat
12-05-2011, 12:11 AM
And WTF does it matter, anyway? The result in the playoffs would be the same.

The fact that simply making the playoffs is a major goal for fans is a big reason business is so good for the Kansas City Chiefs.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
It's so disgusting that you don't even realize how terrible making the playoffs would be for this team.

We'd be stuck with the same assholes next season.

KC_Connection
12-05-2011, 12:14 AM
This team's not making the playoffs with a QB like Palko, nor should it want to.

KC_Connection
12-05-2011, 12:17 AM

KC

@Jets - W
Packers L
Oakland W
@Denver W

OAK

@Packers L
Lions - L
@Chiefs - L
San Diego - W

DEN

Chicago - W
New England - L
@Buffalo - L
Kansas City - L

This scenario happens, Chiefs win the division. I think the only unrealistic thing happening is us beating the Jets really. The rest is a toss up.

Hmm....still Buffalo is horrible right now. Tebow will win that one with one of his miracles, I'm sure.

And obviously the Chiefs won't beat the Jets with everything on the line for them next week.

Bearcat
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
how many more games does green bay need to win to lock up homefield and all that?

If the 49ers win out, two... as long as the Packers beat the two remaining NFC teams on their schedule, they would have the 1st tie breaker over the 49ers at 14-2 (not sure about the other tie breakers). But, the 49ers have the Steelers in a couple of weeks, so the Packers could wrap it up at 14-0 if the 49ers lose to Pittsburgh.

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
It's so disgusting that you don't even realize how terrible making the playoffs would be for this team.

We're stuck with them regardless.

tk13
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Let me make it clear I am not predicting that scenario, I just think it's not as crazy as all the upsets in 2006. This scenario only requires one crazy upset really, us over the Jets on the road. We could still get slaughtered by the Packers and have a shot.

JCharles1981
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
I already made this scenario in a previous thread. With the Packers going in to next week at 12-0, it's highly unlikely they will lose any games, unless it's the final game of the season, which won't be against the Chiefs. Just keep in mind, if the Raiders win next week and the Chiefs lose, or the Chiefs win their next two games, but the Raiders also win their next two games, then the Chiefs will not be in the playoffs. However, I wouldn't count on Denver losing anymore of their games (other than the fact that the Chiefs need to secure a win against them in Mile High on 1/1/2012) since they edged out the 2-9 Vikings yesterday.

suzzer99
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM

This team's not making the playoffs with a QB like Palko, nor should it want to.

We'd stand a decent chance of winning at home (division winner) and at least get the playoff win monkey off our backs. That would be worth it imo.

Hammock Parties
12-05-2011, 12:27 AM
:facepalm:

Well the way it is going, we win the division, we get another crack at Pittsburgh at Arrowhead.

suzzer99
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Yeah comparing to 2006 is like saying "hey we won the lottery once, so ... who knows?"

bevischief
12-05-2011, 02:47 PM

He is right...

sedated
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
No ****ing way we beat Green Bay. End of story.

I hate when people say this. In sports, there's ALWAYS a chance, especially in the NFL.

or as Jack Sparrow said after he escaped the island of mutiny, "not impossible...improbable". (sorry..."Captain" Jack Sparrow)

bevischief
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
At this point I don't want the playoffs I want the QTF from the draft.

DJJasonp
12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I've never seen such an up-and-down chiefs season from fans before like this one.

After game 2: "We won't win a game all season"
After game 4: "We are ok"
After game 7: "Division champs!!!"
After game 10: "Fire everyone...we are horrible"
After game 12: "you know......we just might......"

Kudos to chiefs fans for continuing to sit in front of the tv or troll their way to arrowhead each week.....to witness the perpetual mediocrity this franchise has to offer!

Bump
12-05-2011, 02:59 PM
our defense isn't going to hold everybody to 3 points every game

DJJasonp
12-05-2011, 03:07 PM
now that I think about it....the chiefs/packers game is opening round of Fantasy Football playoffs.

ANd it so happens that I have Rodgers and Jennings.......

F*** the chiefs!!! :)

vailpass
12-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Tyler Palko and Kyle "This Hangnail is Killing Me Think I'll Sit Til I Can Leave" Orton.
There's your odds.

-King-
12-05-2011, 03:51 PM

KC

@Jets - W
Packers L
Oakland W
@Denver W

OAK

@Packers L
Lions - L
@Chiefs - L
San Diego - W

DEN

Chicago - W
New England - L
@Buffalo - L
Kansas City - L

....and I laugh myself straight to the insane asylum.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
I hate when people say this. In sports, there's ALWAYS a chance, especially in the NFL.

or as Jack Sparrow said after he escaped the island of mutiny, "not impossible...improbable". (sorry..."Captain" Jack Sparrow)
No... He's pretty much right.
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Well this year, all we need is to win our last 4 games and have Denver and the Raiders lose once (other than the games we win over them). The Raiders play @ Green Bay, and the Broncos have plenty of losable games. We will win head to head with the Raiders and have a better division record than the Broncos. (In a 3-way tie we still win by division record.)

This will all happen. Bank on it.

We will then host the Steelers in a 1st round playoff game and get promptly blown out.