PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Next Chiefs HC: Chris Petersen..?

GordonGekko
12-05-2011, 10:44 PM
How about Chris Petersen as the next KC head coach? I mean, I think we can all mostly agree that Haley is just not a winner, and his teams don't have that killer instinct that gets you deep into the playoffs, hell his teams don't make the playoffs. I bring up Petersen cause from a recent video of him talking about the BCS you can tell he is fed up with the college ranks. He is a proven winner, winning like 800 games in a pretty short time span, I know I know his teams don't play a real tough schedule, but when his teams do finally play a good team in a big game, they tend to win, convincingly.

So his teams win the big games, he knows great offense, and you know what, the little Boise St. bastards play pretty good defense.

Thought?

Okie_Apparition
12-05-2011, 10:50 PM
Got a quote of him calling the JETS futon humping pillowbiters

Buck
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
He didn't leave for UCLA when they gave him the best offer ever, why would he go to KC?

Deberg_1990
12-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Not from tree

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-05-2011, 10:56 PM
haley not getting fired

Dave Lane
12-05-2011, 11:03 PM
Youre absolutely right. After taking over a team that went 2-14 in the following 2 years he went to the playoffs 50% of the time and won the division. You know, even strapped with a worthless QB and a rash of critical injuries to key personal he hasn't won the SB in year 3, fire him!

RealSNR
12-05-2011, 11:05 PM
If you move Kansas City to Idaho, maybe he'll take the job. Otherwise, no way he leaves.

splatbass
12-06-2011, 12:45 AM
I think we can all mostly agree that Haley is just not a winner,

I don't think we can all agree on that. This team has not quit on him, despite all the injuries and losses. This team of backups and scrubs is playing their hearts out for him. Give him some good, and healthy, players next season and I think he will do very well. And he will be here next year.

Reaper16
12-06-2011, 12:48 AM
How about Chris Petersen as the next KC head coach? I mean, I think we can all mostly agree that Haley is just not a winner, and his teams don't have that killer instinct that gets you deep into the playoffs, hell his teams don't make the playoffs. I bring up Petersen cause from a recent video of him talking about the BCS you can tell he is fed up with the college ranks. He is a proven winner, winning like 800 games in a pretty short time span, I know I know his teams don't play a real tough schedule, but when his teams do finally play a good team in a big game, they tend to win, convincingly.

So his teams win the big games, he knows great offense, and you know what, the little Boise St. bastards play pretty good defense.

Thought?

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/Thereaper16/lakersfunny.gif

Titty Meat
12-06-2011, 01:51 AM
haley not getting fired

Stick to reposting tweets dumbass.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2011, 06:56 AM
but when his teams do finally play a good team in a big game, they tend to win, convincingly.

Every time he plays a good team he generally has over a month to prepare and rest his team (either 1st game of the season or a bowl game). Then, if it's the 1st game of the season they usually have a bye week directly following that game. That's not the same as a schedule where you play Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Georgia in 4 straight games.

Further, your second claim is highly debatable.

33-30 over Virginia Tech
19-8 over Oregon
37-32 over Oregon
43-42 over Oklahoma
17-10 over TCU

Aren't necessarily winning "convincingly" IMO.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Greed may be good, but stupidity isn't.

jlscorpio
12-06-2011, 07:09 AM
only if we can play on a red field

Deberg_1990
12-06-2011, 07:11 AM
I don't think we can all agree on that. This team has not quit on him, despite all the injuries and losses. This team of backups and scrubs is playing their hearts out for him.

and this might be why he keeps his job. On the surface it appears he hasnt lost the team.

ThatRaceCardGuy
12-06-2011, 07:14 AM
Yes....

.....this thread fails

Marcellus
12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Doesn't KC have a coach?

SenselessChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 07:21 AM
haley not getting fired

I will be surprised if he is back.

I think he is a good coach overall, but I think he needs a decent OC. I just don't think he can work with one. I think he is too much of a micro manager, and is too insecure.

wazu
12-06-2011, 07:26 AM
I mean, I think we can all mostly agree that Haley is just not a winner.

No, I think the jury is still out on that one. Would much rather keep Haley than hire some college coach.

The Bad Guy
12-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Stick to reposting tweets dumbass.

I don't think there's a chance Haley gets fired either.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 08:06 AM
I am surprised that people think there is no chance he gets fired.

He has run off two offensive coordinators. He was the OC in his first year. And, he promoted Muir this year. I understand the scheme differences with Gailey. I know what the public record is on why Weis is gone. Even if that is true, there is no reason the Chiefs should have went into a season with Muir as OC.

Then, you have the mic slapping incident. You have his refusal to start Orton. You have his refusal to start Gaither.

Then, you have rumors about him not getting along well with Pioli. And, you have the fact that he does not have a contract extension and is nearing the end of the season with only one year left after this season.

Hey, he might not get fired. I just wouldn't bet any money on him being here next year.

BoneKrusher
12-06-2011, 08:10 AM
haley not getting fired

you may be right but he needs to be.

BigRichard
12-06-2011, 08:10 AM
I hate to break it to everyone but Haley and Cassel are both going to be here next year. Heads are going to explode on here when it happens.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 08:14 AM
I hate to break it to everyone but Haley and Cassel are both going to be here next year. Heads are going to explode on here when it happens.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Chiefs go into next year with Cassel. I also think they will try to sign Orton, but I don't think he will sign here.

I think that Haley goes though.

Chief Roundup
12-06-2011, 08:40 AM
I don't think Haley gets fired either. Are there any OC available from the parcells tree?

Molitoth
12-06-2011, 08:43 AM
How about keeping Haley and bringing Petersen in to be the OC.

If he's the one calling the plays for Boise St. then yes please.... creativity is where it's at.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2011, 08:45 AM
LMAO

Amazing that people still think Haley isn't getting fired.

It's like you pay no attention to how the NFL works.

DaKCMan AP
12-06-2011, 08:45 AM
How about keeping Haley and bringing Petersen in to be the OC.

If he's the one calling the plays for Boise St. then yes please.... creativity is where it's at.

You actually think he'd leave HC @ BSU to be OC? :spock:

The Bad Guy
12-06-2011, 08:49 AM
LMAO

We can bump this when he's the coach next opening day.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
People better hope Haley is fired. If he is still the coach, kiss any young QB goodbye. No head coach is going to play a rookie and take lumps in his final year of a do-or-die contract.

Molitoth
12-06-2011, 08:58 AM
You actually think he'd leave HC @ BSU to be OC? :spock:

No, I don't. But I can wish he would. :D

The Bad Guy
12-06-2011, 08:59 AM
People better hope Haley is fired. If he is still the coach, kiss any young QB goodbye. No head coach is going to play a rookie and take lumps in his final year of a do-or-die contract.

Hoping he's fired, and realizing that he's still going to be here are two different things.

Personally, I think they are going to milk the injury excuse for all it's worth.

Marcellus
12-06-2011, 09:02 AM
LMAO

Factor that in with Billay calling anyone who thinks he is staying an idiot and you get a stone cold lead pipe lock that Haley will be back next year.

htismaqe
12-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Hoping he's fired, and realizing that he's still going to be here are two different things.

Personally, I think they are going to milk the injury excuse for all it's worth.

Yep. Both Haley AND Cassel will be back.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2011, 11:00 AM

Thought?

The last college coach who made the successful transition to NFL head coach was?

Nick Saban? No
Bobby Petrino? No

You have to go back to Barry Switzer who essentially won with a team Jimmy Johnson already built.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2011, 11:01 AM
The last college coach who made the successful transition to NFL head coach was?

Nick Saban? No
Bobby Petrino? No

You have to go back to Barry Switzer who essentially won with a team Jimmy Johnson already built.

Jim Harbaugh.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 11:12 AM
You might want to wait, see what Boise State's record is over the next couple of seasons, before you say out loud what should never have been in your head.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Jim Harbaugh.

Fair point on Harbaugh.

However it is worth pointing out that Harbaugh has prior NFL coaching experience (assistant coach with the Raiders) and of course an extensive playing career in the NFL.

Petersen doesn't have any prior NFL experience, as an assistant coach or player.

Saleenman607
12-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think it matters who the HC is until Clark Hunt un-asses some scratch for this so-called team. It's clear to see (to me anyway) they're fine with being mediocre and filling the stadium with hype.

I sure hope it changes pretty quickly

Regards.......FRUSTRATED

vailpass
12-06-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't think it matters who the HC is until Clark Hunt un-asses some scratch for this so-called team. It's clear to see (to me anyway) they're fine with being mediocre and filling the stadium with hype.

Regards.......FRUSTRATED

Yes but do you know ka-razor?

Saleenman607
12-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Yes but do you know ka-razor?

No, but I like the Zepp reference you got. :rockon:

SPATCH
12-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Thought?

http://www.chatroulettehacks.com/wp-content/gallery/chatroulette-animated-gifs/1267370831031.gif

SPATCH
12-06-2011, 12:28 PM

Regards.......FRUSTRATED

Flustrated?

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:34 PM
Next Chiefs HC: Chris Petersen..?
http://www.fuddytv.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/not_this_shit_again.jpg

vailpass
12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
No, but I like the Zepp reference you got. :rockon:

:thumb: Good catch.

Here's what I meant:

Get down with my woman, that ain't right!
You hollarin' and cussin', you wanna fight!!
Don't do me no darn favor,
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZor!!!! (yes we do!!)

Get ready thats a fact,
Get ready you Mother for the big payback (the big payback!)

Frankie
12-06-2011, 12:37 PM
I mean, I think we can all mostly agree that Haley is just not a winner, and his teams don't have that killer instinct that gets you deep into the playoffs, hell his teams don't make the playoffs.

What do you mean, "we," paleface!!!?

SPATCH
12-06-2011, 12:56 PM

To be honest, I'd rather not have to start our (potential) first round QB. I think RG3 has the potential for some Cam Newton-like success, but Newton has been outstanding and I don't think you can bank on him replicating that.

If we actually draft a QB, then I would honestly be able to stomach another year of Cassel (I'd prefer to have a year of Orton but that probably won't happen)

Frankie
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM
If we actually draft a QB, then I would honestly be able to stomach another year of Cassel (I'd prefer to have a year of Orton but that probably won't happen)

Please, no more mediocre QBs! Let's fix this thing ONCE AND FOR ALL!

That said, I desperately want to see THIS YEAR what Stanzi's made of.

BWillie
12-06-2011, 01:00 PM
For the love of god, Haley isn't getting fired this season. Give it a rest. They aren't firing a coach that took an overachieving team to the playoffs last year, and a team that is going to manage maybe 1 win less than ppl thought that was riddled with injuries. Not. Going. To. Happen.

durtyrute
12-06-2011, 01:08 PM

Thought?

I don't think Haley is going anywhere, so ....NO.

The bolded part is just flat wrong. We are not lacking the instinct, we are lacking an offense.

Frankie
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
For the love of god, Haley isn't getting fired this season. Give it a rest. They aren't firing a coach that took an overachieving team to the playoffs last year, and a team that is going to manage maybe 1 win less than ppl thought that was riddled with injuries. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Thank you. I'm still on Haley's bandwagon and have seen no solid reason to jump off.

Also I DO NOT WANT another new restart with another new regime.

Your reasoning here is totally sound. Rep.

My concern is less about Pioli firing Haley and more about Haley having enough of Pioli and quitting. Especially if the Arizona job comes open.

Bump
12-06-2011, 01:11 PM
I'm cool with keeping Haley, but I'm not cool with keeping Scott if he doesn't provide him a motherfucking first round QB.

Saleenman607
12-06-2011, 01:23 PM
:thumb: Good catch.

Here's what I meant:

Get down with my woman, that ain't right!
You hollarin' and cussin', you wanna fight!!
Don't do me no darn favor,
I don't know karate, but I know KA-RAZor!!!! (yes we do!!)

Get ready thats a fact,
Get ready you Mother for the big payback (the big payback!)

No shit huh...........I thought he said Crazy

Saleenman607
12-06-2011, 01:33 PM
As far as Haley staying or going, I wouldn't care at the moment. To me, it appears as though this team has no direction, and it starts with the top. I appreciated Hunt's willingness to wipe the slate clean 3 threes ago and actually bought in to the "right 53" BS, however, now after seeing some crazy shit like losing 3 straight, then winning 4 straight (really shoulda been 3) and weird play calling/time mngmt/clandestine crap, I just don't know about this team.
What direction is the team heading??

JMO