PDA

View Full Version : Football Archie Manning doubts that Peyton and Andrew Luck want to be teammates

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 01:55 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/archie-manning-doubts-that-peyton-and-andrew-luck-want-to-be-teammates/

Archie Manning doubts that Peyton and Andrew Luck want to be teammates
Posted by Mike Florio on December 6, 2011, 2:05 PM EST

Peyton Manning has said that, by March, his future in Indianapolis will become apparent. As the Colts close in on the ability to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, Archie Manning has provided the first tangible evidence to suggest that a divorce is coming.

Specifically, Archie doesn’t believe that Peyton and Luck will want to be teammates in Indianapolis.

“I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio’s Zakk & Jack Show on Tuesday. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player . . . he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too. . . .

“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. . . . I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”

It wasn’t an accident or a coincidence. It was a clear sign that, if the Colts plan to take Luck, Peyton will be looking for a path out of town. And for good reason. With the first overall pick worth more than ever this year, Peyton surely would prefer that the Colts trade the rights to Luck for players and/or draft picks who could help Peyton win more Super Bowls.

Of course, it’s also possible that Archie has advised Oliver on the procedure for making a power play, which Archie did seven years ago when Eli Manning forced his way out of San Diego. And so, if Andrew Luck makes it clear that he doesn’t want to play for the Colts, the Colts could keep Peyton.

Either way, this all needs to happen before early March, since the Colts owe Peyton another $28 million at that point. If it doesn’t, there’s a chance that the Colts end up not with both players, but with neither.

Depending on Peyton Manning's health, real possibility to get Peyton in trade or that Indy would allow for a trade to obtain Luck.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/archie-manning-doubts-that-peyton-and-andrew-luck-want-to-be-teammates/

Peyton Manning has said that, by March, his future in Indianapolis will become apparent. As the Colts close in on the ability to take Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 draft, Archie Manning has provided the first tangible evidence to suggest that a divorce is coming.

Specifically, Archie doesn’t believe that Peyton and Luck will want to be teammates in Indianapolis.

“I don’t think it’d necessarily be great for either one,” Archie Manning told FOX Sports Radio’s Zakk & Jack Show on Tuesday. “I think Andrew’s the type of mature player . . . he can walk right in. I mean, these other three or four guys that are playing this year, [if] they can walk in and contribute, Andrew can, too. . . .

“We know Andrew well. He comes down to our camp every year. I used to play with his dad [Oliver]. . . . I’m in New York, I heard from him last night. Peyton’s also tried to help Andrew and kind of be a friend. I doubt if either one want to play on the same team.”

It wasn’t an accident or a coincidence. It was a clear sign that, if the Colts plan to take Luck, Peyton will be looking for a path out of town. And for good reason. With the first overall pick worth more than ever this year, Peyton surely would prefer that the Colts trade the rights to Luck for players and/or draft picks who could help Peyton win more Super Bowls.

Of course, it’s also possible that Archie has advised Oliver on the procedure for making a power play, which Archie did seven years ago when Eli Manning forced his way out of San Diego. And so, if Andrew Luck makes it clear that he doesn’t want to play for the Colts, the Colts could keep Peyton.

Either way, this all needs to happen before early March, since the Colts owe Peyton another $28 million at that point. If it doesn’t, there’s a chance that the Colts end up not with both players, but with neither.

Depending on Peyton Manning's health, real possibility to get Peyton in trade or that Indy would allow for a trade to obtain Luck.

Polian has got to be PISSED right now. Peace out to any trade negotiation leverage he had.

WV
12-06-2011, 01:58 PM
The more I learn about Archie Manning the more I have come to the conclusion that he's a raging dick bag.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 01:59 PM
We'd be glad to take him off your hands for you, Mr. Polian.

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Wonder how cheap we could get Peyton off their hands, you know Indy will pick Luck up in the draft.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Peyton will be making Wrangler commercials soon.

ModSocks
12-06-2011, 02:01 PM
I still think the Colts are going to trade that pick. I dont care what Polian says. It all came off as a ploy imo. Who plays their hand like that in the NFL?

The Colts should load up on picks and get Manning all the pieces needed to make a few SB runs before he expires.

teedubya
12-06-2011, 02:03 PM
The more I learn about Archie Manning the more I have come to the conclusion that he's a raging dick bag.

Of Craig Jamesian proportions.

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 02:05 PM
Per http://bleacherreport.com/articles/971200-how-does-a-healthy-peyton-manning-affect-colts-decision-to-draft-andrew-luck

Now that Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck has confirmed that he intends to declare for the 2012 NFL draft and the Indianapolis Colts are 0-12 and likely to wind up with the No. 1 overall pick in April, all of the speculation that the team would wind up with the coveted quarterback has started to get even hotter.

However, just because the Colts end their season with the No. 1 pick in their pocket doesn't necessarily mean that selecting Luck is their only or best option. That depends primarily on the health of their veteran starter Peyton Manning, who has missed all of the 2011 regular season while he heals from neck surgery.

While Manning's absence put the team at a significant disadvantage heading into the season, a number of other problems in all phases of the game are the true reasons why the team has yet to notch a victory this year.

A team doesn't go from one of the most productive offenses in the league to one of the worst just by losing a quarterback, and it certainly doesn't influence the team ultimately fielding the 31st-ranked defense.

While coaching is partly to blame, considering the Colts' staff didn't appear to adjust their game plan much from how they approached it with Manning under center, it's clear that the team's personnel issues run far deeper than just which player is throwing the ball.

Therefore, it makes a lot more sense for Indianapolis to look elsewhere to fix what ails them should Manning become healthy enough to return for a full season in 2012.

Manning's most recent surgery in September was a spinal fusion to release pressure on a damaged nerve in his neck. It was the third procedure on his neck in 19 months, and it fueled speculation that Manning's career could be far closer to the end than anyone thought when he underwent a similar operation earlier in 2011.

It appears that the fusion has been a success this time around, with the nerve healing and Manning recently cleared to practice throwing footballs to his teammates and begin lifting weights.

If he makes significant progress in the months leading up to April's NFL draft, there's reason to believe that the team won't need to pick up a ready-to-start quarterback such as Luck this year.

That would be the Colts' best move, in my opinion.

While the issues the team has had on offense this season will largely be eliminated simply by Manning returning to the starting lineup, the problems on defense are so serious that they may not fare much better than 8-8 in 2012 even if he returns to his usual form.

Indianapolis would be better served to try to trade out of the No. 1 spot and acquire a number of higher-round picks in return with which they can attempt to rebuild their struggling defense. They can wait until 2013 to draft a successor to Manning and instead focus on making immediate improvements at the defensive positions that need it most.

The Colts need to not be locked into Luck as their pick just yet. That decision should hinge singly on Manning's health—should he be on track to play and complete a full 2012 season, then Luck should no longer be on the Colts' radar. The team just has too many problems on defense to warrant his selection.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 02:07 PM
The colts should draft luck and send Manning down the road, just like the pack did with Rodgers and Favre. It was hard but needed.

They won't though. They'll keep Manning, he'll crash, and they will go back to being in the gutter for the next 15 years.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
The colts should draft luck and send Manning down the road, just like the pack did with Rodgers and Favre. It was hard but needed.

They won't though. They'll keep Manning, he'll crash, and they will go back to being in the gutter for the next 15 years.

The Pack didn't toss Favre down the road after drafting Rodgers. Rodgers sat for 3 years.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:08 PM
If Peyton Manning ever plays another down of tackle football he is insane.

If Indy doesn't draft Luck OR package the #1 for a killer trade and draft another QB i.e. Griffin III they are also insane.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Manning is 100% done.

HemiEd
12-06-2011, 02:11 PM

I certainly hope so. But I am convinced that Manning will be a Chief QB sooner rather than later.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Manning is 100% done.

I hope so. He had a hell of a run, would not want to see him end up on brokeneck mountain.

Rasputin
12-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Just quoting the OP for no reason at all.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 02:14 PM

Ugh, I hate when people do that.

Slainte
12-06-2011, 02:16 PM

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
ROFL

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 02:17 PM
I hope so. He had a hell of a run, would not want to see him end up on brokeneck mountain.

If he plays again, I'd like to see a defender take him and his old man out on the same play.

Pants
12-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Polian has got to be PISSED right now. Peace out to any trade negotiation leverage he had.

I don't think so. I think it's still going to be a bidding war between teams. I don't think the value of the pick goes down any even if the whole NFL knows for a fact that the Colts aren't drafting Luck.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:19 PM
If he plays again, I'd like to see a defender take him and his old man out on the same play.

LMAO I'm sure you are far from alone. In fact, I'll bet they could set the all-time PPV take for that affair.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think so. I think it's still going to be a bidding war between teams. I don't think the value of the pick goes down any even if the whole NFL knows for a fact that the Colts aren't drafting Luck.

It's true. If my TV was worth $1000, but I didn't want to sell it, if I suddenly changed my mind it would still be worth $1000. Terrible analogy, but the market is going to dictate itself. The demand isn't changing.

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 02:20 PM

My thoughts were written at bottom:

"Depending on Peyton Manning's health, real possibility to get Peyton in trade or that Indy would allow for a trade to obtain Luck."

I hope he is cleared full health at end of season and traded. No way they pass up on the chance to get Luck and this might push Peyton to finish career elsewhere. He very well could be placed on the market and I think the chiefs would be wise to try and snag him. If healthy he could give them 2-3 years and allow Stanzi to be molded into a starter.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 02:23 PM
It's true. If my TV was worth $1000, but I didn't want to sell it, if I suddenly changed my mind it would still be worth $1000. Terrible analogy, but the market is going to dictate itself. The demand isn't changing.

It depends. I think Polian had a pretty good bluff going until Archie opened his mouth. That way, a team feels like it is bidding against the Colts rather than letting other teams dictate the base-line value of the pick.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:24 PM
My thoughts were written at bottom:

"Depending on Peyton Manning's health, real possibility to get Peyton in trade or that Indy would allow for a trade to obtain Luck."

I hope he is cleared full health at end of season and traded. No way they pass up on the chance to get Luck and this might push Peyton to finish career elsewhere. He very well could be placed on the market and I think the chiefs would be wise to try and snag him. If healthy he could give them 2-3 years and allow Stanzi to be molded into a starter.

So you honestly believe Peyton Manning would bring his damaged neck to stand behind KC's o-line? That he would play for a team that hasn't been to the SB in his lifetime and isn't getting back in at least the next couple of years in order to groom a 5th-round QB prospect?
Really?

FAX
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
God.

And to think that I used to like Archie Manning.

FAX

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 02:26 PM
So you honestly believe Peyton Manning would bring his damaged neck to stand behind KC's o-line? That he would play for a team that hasn't been to the SB in his lifetime and isn't getting back any time soon in order to groom a 5th-round QB prospect?
Really?

Where else would he go? There are a limited number of places he could go. Maybe the 9ers would interest him, I guess. But he would have more talent around him with the Chiefs, no doubt.

FAX
12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Yeah ... what we need is a broke-neck quarterback.

FAX

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 02:27 PM
So you honestly believe Peyton Manning would bring his damaged neck to stand behind KC's o-line? That he would play for a team that hasn't been to the SB in his lifetime and isn't getting back in at least the next couple of years in order to groom a 5th-round QB prospect?
Really?

depends on how healthy he is. If he isn't healthy enough to play then obviously the entire situation is mute. Also if the chiefs go in on getting him, they do have to use up cap space this year and I am sure they would beef up the line to protect him.

My personal opinion is that he is done so won't matter. Chiefs still need a good QB though, Manning or not.

Sofa King
12-06-2011, 02:28 PM
The Pack didn't toss Favre down the road after drafting Rodgers. Rodgers sat for 3 years.

Rodgers wasn't the prospect coming out that Luck is either. Luck needs to start right away, Rodgers, not so much.

BWillie
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Come to Kansas City Peyton.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Yeah ... what we need is a broke-neck quarterback.

FAX

Well we have spent the last 3 seasons with a broke-dick quarterback.

HEYOOOOOOOO

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:35 PM
depends on how healthy he is. If he isn't healthy enough to play then obviously the entire situation is mute. Also if the chiefs go in on getting him, they do have to use up cap space this year and I am sure they would beef up the line to protect him.

My personal opinion is that he is done so won't matter. Chiefs still need a good QB though, Manning or not.

"Beef up the line a little"? Are those the words you want to hear when your neck is made of peanut brittle?

1.NFW Manning agrees to playing for bad team that is on the way up
2. NFW KC fans should want a once-great QB who is on the way down

whoman69
12-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Peyton Manning is coming off as though he controls the organization. Best case scenario he comes off the injury and can play 4 more years. His dad just comes off as a d-bag again. Only reason he is touting trash to Luck is to help his son out, not Luck. Could be worse things for a young QB to do than to study behind Peyton Manning. If Peyton thinks with his salary they can afford to add a bunch of talent, he's delusional.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 02:38 PM
Rodgers wasn't the prospect coming out that Luck is either. Luck needs to start right away, Rodgers, not so much.

I'm not sure why Luck needs to come in and start right away.

How often do teams with HoF QB's get the #1 draft pick?

If Peyton comes back and is only a shadow of what he once was then start him. There's no rush to throw him in the fire when he's only making 4-5mil a year.

malachi47000
12-06-2011, 02:39 PM
"Beef up the line a little"? Are those the words you want to hear when your neck is made of peanut brittle?

1.NFW Manning agrees to playing for bad team that is on the way up
2. NFW KC fans should want a great QB who is on the way down

You are probably right that he wouldn't come here as he might want to look for the more "attractive" team that has everything in place for a run, however NFW KC fans would be upset with him coming to KC if he can prove he can still play.

whoman69
Trading Peyton's salary is going to be rough as well.

Tribal Warfare
Come to Kansas City Peyton.

Here's a fire http://www.theibug.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/fire-safety-order-in-dhaka-fire.jpg

-King-
Peyton will be making Wrangler commercials soon.

And sending interns pictures of his ” Manning”
Posted via Mobile Device

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:42 PM
You are probably right that he wouldn't come here as he might want to look for the more "attractive" team that has everything in place for a run, however NFW KC fans would be upset with him coming to KC if he can prove he can still play.

You guys have been down that road before. Seems to me that if the front office again decided to grab a past-prime QB instead of trying Stanzi and/or drafting/growing their own that KC fans would be pissed.
Just my opinion, I could be wrong. :shrug:

Fat Elvis
12-06-2011, 02:43 PM
I thought the article was stating that Archie and Ollie were friends and that Andy was going to pull an Eli if Indy drafted him.

HemiEd
12-06-2011, 02:44 PM
2. NFW KC fans should want a once-great QB who is on the way down

What a concept!

ModSocks
12-06-2011, 02:45 PM
I thought the article was stating that Archie and Ollie were friends and that Andy was going to pull an Eli if Indy drafted him.

The article does hint that, yes.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
What a concept!

Hey, another "savior" with the number 19.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 02:47 PM
What a concept!

:D Yeah Ed you got me there.
It seems like with a young WR, young RB, young TE that the Chiefs would want a young QB to grow with them.
Hell what do I know.

ModSocks
12-06-2011, 02:49 PM
It seems like with a young WR, young RB, young TE that the Chiefs would want a young QB to grow with them.
Hell what do I know.

lol.

You have failed to recognize the desperation that permeates around here.

HemiEd
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Hell what do I know.

I agree with you, and didn't like it the first time they did it. I think it was the first time I ever got pissed at the team and I was a starry eyed homer deluxe back then. But now, I fully expect them to do this kind of stuff. I will actually be shocked if they don't.

The definition of insanity, keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. They have been doing this same thing, recycled QBs for a very long time. Montana was just the best one.

FAX
12-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Hmmm. Wait just a ding dang dangly dang minute, here.

So, if Broke-Neck and Luck cannot co-exist and the Mannings have already paid Broke-Neck, does that mean that they would be willing to trade their pick?

FAX

BWillie
12-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Hey, who's the last one to give us a Playoff win? Joe Montana. How is Peyton Manning any different.

cdcox
12-06-2011, 03:20 PM
A team doesn't go from one of the most productive offenses in the league to one of the worst just by losing a quarterback,

Yes, they do.

The QB position is really important, OK?

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2011, 03:28 PM
Dolphins should make a run for Manning. Manning, Pujols, and LeBron all in one city.

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Hey, who's the last one to give us a Playoff win? Joe Montana. How is Peyton Manning any different.

short term stopgap thinking what will happen if Peyton just decides that his body won't be able to take it anymore during the second or third year? Then we'll be at square one again once he retires.

FAX
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I have a question ...

What is the situation with Broke-Neck's contract? He just got paid a ton of money, right? Something like $69 million over 3 years?

So if he were traded, would the tradee have to pick up his deal?

FAX

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
I have a question ...

What is the situation with Broke-Neck's contract? He just got paid a ton of money, right? Something like $69 million over 3 years?

So if he were traded, would the tradee have to pick up his deal?

FAX

Yes, unless they can get him to restructure (which would be unlikely).

BWillie
12-06-2011, 03:43 PM
short term stopgap thinking what will happen if Peyton just decides that his body won't be able to take it anymore during the second or third year? Then we'll be at square one again once he retires.

If short term means a superbowl appearance then I don't really give a shit

FAX
12-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes, unless they can get him to restructure (which would be unlikely).

Wow. $23 million a year is a lot of cap. Whoever the tradee might be, they would have to believe that they had all the other pieces in place to make a run in order to do that deal ... assuming they had the cap space to do it in the first place.

FAX

Dylan
12-06-2011, 03:49 PM

Chiefnj2, don't you have some prayer requests to beg for?

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
If short term means a superbowl appearance then I don't really give a shit

How do you know he'd make it through the 1st or second year because of his surgery? Too much Helth related risk involved in this. Plus, that it's real short sighted tp go by this line of thought also, because this team is built to be good for the long haul ( due to age) in comparison to a veteran team built for the now and then the window is shut.Time to man up and draft a franchise QB.

bricks
12-06-2011, 03:51 PM
How much are the Chiefs under the cap? How much cap space would be eaten up if the Chiefs traded for Manning and took up his contract?

BWillie
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
How do you know he'd make it through the 1st or second year because of his surgery? Too much Helth related risk involved in this. Plus, that it's real short sighted tp go by this line of thought also, because this team is built to be good for the long haul ( due to age) in comparison to a veteran team built for the now and then the window is shut.Time to man up and draft a franchise QB.

I don't really care. All I know is Peyton Manning makes this team a Super Bowl contender, immediately.

jd1020
12-06-2011, 03:53 PM
How much are the Chiefs under the cap? How much cap space would be eaten up if the Chiefs traded for Manning and took up his contract?

More than 3/4 of it.

Chiefs would have to say bye to Bowe and Carr.

With the way this board salivates over a WR, shit would not go down well.

O.city
12-06-2011, 03:54 PM
How many picks would you throw at them to get Luck?

Dylan
12-06-2011, 03:55 PM

or Elway .... ;)

mcaj22
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM

i'd say around 17/18 million of the current space would be eaten up next year

and we are under what 20-30 million?

listopencil
12-06-2011, 03:56 PM
If Peyton thinks with his salary they can afford to add a bunch of talent, he's delusional.

With all the smack that gets thrown around by Chiefs fans about the Broncos' salary cap violation way back when, Elway was making peanuts at the end of his career. They violated the rules because Elway was trying to help them lower his salary.

bricks
12-06-2011, 03:59 PM
i'd say around 17/18 million of the current space would be eaten up next year

and we are under what 20-30 million?

I think they are about 30 mill under the cap. If they were to get Manning it'd be enough to probably just sign one of either Carr or Bowe.

mcaj22
12-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I think they are about 30 mill under the cap. If they were to get Manning it'd be enough to probably just sign Bowe.

yeah i also considered the fact that Manning would be set to make 23 mil next season and I assume we get out of Mark Castle's shitty 5.2 million for next season so I guessed around whatever is left of space as the difference.

Bwana
12-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I'm glad to see that Archie Manning is still watching out for his little boys.

FAX
12-06-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm glad to see that Archie Manning is still watching out for his little boys.

No kidding.

Archie has some kind of brain-to-mouth-to-reporter problem, it appears.

FAX

Bwana
12-06-2011, 04:06 PM
No kidding.

Archie has some kind of brain-to-mouth-to-reporter problem, it appears.

FAX

Without question.

bricks
12-06-2011, 04:07 PM
More than 3/4 of it.

Chiefs would have to say bye to Bowe and Carr.

With the way this board salivates over a WR, shit would not go down well.

I hear ya. But then, a QB like Manning could make the WRs around him better....If they decided to keep Carr instead of Bowe, Baldwin, Moeaki, and Breaston would be sufficient enough for Peyton.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Okay, I'll put this out there: If the Colts choose to go the Luck route and have to waive Peyton (lets say no team wants to give up draft picks to take on his contract,) do you put a claim on him? I mean, three years of 23 mill is a LOT. But! You could conceivably draft a developmental QB and have peyton take part in his grooming. (sounds very dirty...)

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Not sure how Peyton's contract is structured, but it may not come out to $23 million a year for every year of the contract. Remember Donovan McNabb's 5 year/$88 million contract? That was a total sham.

Extra Point
12-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Manning is 100% done.

This. He can make commercials for the next three years, then join his daddy in obscurity, watching Eli reel in the NFC attention.

Archie was on a team rife with suck, and gets to live out his Heisman dreams through his offspring.

I'll take Len Dawson, any day, over Archie Mangling. Len never would have pulled the bullshit that Archie did, with SD.

(P.S. Yeah, Payton has to pass the team physical, to play. And he won't.)

O.city
12-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Any way the CHiefs trade up for Luck at this point?

jd1020
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Any way the CHiefs trade up for Luck at this point?

:facepalm:

O.city
12-06-2011, 04:21 PM
LEave me alone, I'm trying out this trolling thing.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 04:22 PM
A good first effort. I'll give you a B-

FAX
12-06-2011, 04:24 PM
This. He can make commercials for the next three years, then join his daddy in obscurity, watching Eli reel in the NFC attention.

Archie was on a team rife with suck, and gets to live out his Heisman dreams through his offspring.

I'll take Len Dawson, any day, over Archie Mangling. Len never would have pulled the bullshit that Archie did, with SD.

(P.S. Yeah, Payton has to pass the team physical, to play. And he won't.)

I don't think he should attempt to play. Then again, who knows?

I can just envision the hit that finally rips his head clean off. As much as I hate the guy and his contribution to pussifying the league, I'd hate to see that happen.

FAX

vailpass
12-06-2011, 04:27 PM
I don't really care. All I know is Peyton Manning makes this team a Super Bowl contender, immediately.

:spock:

Reerun_KC
12-06-2011, 04:29 PM
We'd be glad to take him off your hands for you, Mr. Polian.

FUCK you and die!

FAX
12-06-2011, 04:33 PM

People may discount your post or reply with little blue faces or resort to calling you a crazy man with some sort of severe brain disease, but it's interesting to think about, Mr. BWillie007.

I mean, which approach gets us to a state of league domination faster? 1) Starting a young, unproven quarterback and allowing him to grow into the role over the course of several years or 2) Bringing in Broke-Neck and letting him get the entire team used to winning big games and going deep into the playoffs as our young guy learns the ropes from the sidelines.

Actually, when you consider it ... both methods have some appeal.

FAX

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 04:34 PM
People may discount your post or reply with little blue faces or resort to calling you a crazy man with some sort of severe brain disease, but it's interesting to think about, Mr. BWillie007.

I mean, which approach gets us to a state of league domination faster? 1) Starting a young, unproven quarterback and allowing him to grow into the role over the course of several years or 2) Bringing in Broke-Neck and letting him get the entire team used to winning big games and going deep into the playoffs as our young guy learns the ropes from the sidelines.

FAX

We are probably the only team in the NFL with the cap space to do both.... hehe. Well draft and develop a young QB behind Peyton that is.

bricks
12-06-2011, 04:50 PM

FAX

I'd be fine with Peyton only under certain circumstances. IF, he can give the Chiefs 3 years worth of good play. Draft a young QB behind him...Doesn't have to be in the first round. As long as the kid is talented and intelligent enough to learn from one of the best. Draft either a LT or WR in the first round. I know that has true fan written all over it, but if getting Peyton means winning playoff games and a SuperBowl a lot faster then I'd be for it. And of course the young QB matures under his reign. So the Chiefs win a SuperBowl and have benefitted their future at the same time.

KC Dan
12-06-2011, 04:56 PM
As long as Peyton was healthy, I find it unbelievable that many here would not want him on the Chiefs. The man is a fabulous QB and if healthy would no doubt elevate our sorry azz team to a winning program for sure. Having said that, there is NO WAY in God's green earth that he would come to KC

vailpass
12-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I'd be fine with Peyton only under certain circumstances. IF, he can give the Chiefs 3 years worth of good play. Draft a young QB behind him...Doesn't have to be in the first round. As long as the kid is talented and intelligent enough to learn from one of the best. Draft either a LT or WR in the first round. I know that has true fan written all over it, but if getting Peyton means winning playoff games and a SuperBowl a lot faster then I'd be for it. And of course the young QB matures under his reign. So the Chiefs win a SuperBowl and have benefitted their future at the same time.

What about the rainbow kisses flowing out the unicorn's ass?

BWillie
12-06-2011, 05:00 PM
As long as Peyton was healthy, I find it unbelievable that many here would not want him on the Chiefs. The man is a fabulous QB and if healthy would no doubt elevate our sorry azz team to a winning program for sure. Having said that, there is NO WAY in God's green earth that he would come to KC

They said the same thing with Montana. Why on Earth would Peyton want to go play in Indy, where they are 0-12, declining, and most ppl want them to draft Andrew Luck and get rid of him? I'd say the opportunity and offensive weapons in Charles, Bowe, Moeaki, Baldwin, Breaston could intrigue him quite a bit. Peyton doesn't strike me as a guy that wants to hang it up.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-06-2011, 05:07 PM

The leverage was never what the Colts would do, it was what every other team would give up.

The leverage is still there.

Bearcat
12-06-2011, 05:32 PM

With all the shitty QB play, I miss watching him and I'd certainly look forward to seeing him, or any competent QB for that matter, in a Chiefs uniform. But, if it's him & Orton or Palko, or drafting a franchise QB, I'll take the latter. Or both. :D

TimeForWasp
12-06-2011, 05:46 PM
In my opinion, there is no way the colts will pay manning , and pick Luck. It will be one or the other.

Backwards Masking
12-06-2011, 05:49 PM
In my opinion, there is no way the colts will pay manning , and pick Luck. It will be one or the other.

it will be the other. why else would they lose all their games on purpose?

Okie_Apparition
12-06-2011, 05:55 PM
The Chiefs pick up Peyton & Tony Gonzalez finish his final year in KC
Now everyone go change your underwear

BossChief
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM
If they did decide to move the pick and wanted players and picks, I'd offer Dorsey, Bowe and our first. Or both players, this years second and next years first (which would be better for us.

I know that's a lot, but IMHO it's a good trade for both sides.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I agree ... Luck or Manning, not both.

Drafting Luck signals that the Colts don't really plan on winning anything significant in the final couple of years of Manning. The Colts spend so much on Manning they can't do it in free agency, they have to do it with the draft.

Mannings value will go down with Luck/Manning there

Draft Luck and trade Manning

or

Trade the Luck pick to get weapons to help Manning win

I imagine it will depend a lot on the Health of Manning. If Payton gets into some games towards the end of the season and shows he's going to be 100% then i bet Indy trades the Luck pick. If Manning is still sketchy then Indy will draft Luck and then go about 'pimping' Manning next preseason so they can trade him.

If Manning's health is complete shot then he retires and the Colts have a bazillion dollars in cap room to help get Luck some weapons.

jspchief
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Tough spot for the Colts. So many ways it could go wrong. A 28 million dollar chance Manning isn't 100%. The chance that Luck goes Eli, if they keep Manning, or worse, don't. Cutting Manning to have him go on to success while Luck fails. Passing on Luck who becomes the next Manning, while they surround a sub optimal Peyton with draft picks that fail.

One thing is Polian has a pretty good record with his talent evaluation.

BossChief
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
If they wanted to move Peyton (which is what they should do) the most we should give up should be something like next years first..and maybe a second day pick in the 2012 draft.

vailpass
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
If they did decide to move the pick and wanted players and picks, I'd offer Dorsey, Bowe and our first. Or both players, this years second and next years first (which would be better for us.

I know that's a lot, but IMHO it's a good trade for both sides.

LMAO

jspchief
12-06-2011, 06:21 PM
If they wanted to move Peyton (which is what they should do) the most we should give up should be something like next years first..and maybe a second day pick in the 2012 draft.

And a 23 mil contract? Fuck that.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Tough spot for the Colts. So many ways it could go wrong. A 28 million dollar chance Manning isn't 100%. The chance that Luck goes Eli, if they keep Manning, or worse, don't. Cutting Manning to have him go on to success while Luck fails. Passing on Luck who becomes the next Manning, while they surround a sub optimal Peyton with draft picks that fail.

One thing is Polian has a pretty good record with his talent evaluation.
yep, which is why i think if Manning is healthy by the end of the season they they trade the Luck pick. You know why kind of brass balls it would take for Indy to ship Manning out and have him finish his career somewhere else?

Manning is an Indy icon ... they probably want no part of him being in another uniform for any reason.

Imo the only way Indy trades Manning is if the doctors say that his health is shit but Payton refuse to listen. Then the Colts can say "we don't want Manning to get hurt. We believe he should retire but he wouldn't. So we honored his request and traded him"

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 06:28 PM
And a 23 mil contract? **** that.
depends on how it's structured

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Hopefully Carl Peterson can do his magic in Miami and get Peyton there.

tk13
12-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I think Polian has the stones to pick Luck over Manning... if he really thinks Luck is the guy for the next 15 years. I know it's a bit different because it's the QB position, but he's never had a problem letting an older guy walk and drafting his replacement.

I think this is most likely a shot across the bow by Archie to get Indy to let Peyton walk and not have him stuck mentoring Luck next year.

Barret
12-06-2011, 06:57 PM
I was thinking, The Colts are in such dire straits currently due to the lack of any play makers on both sides of the ball. Even if they take Luck or keep Manning would either survive behind their O-line? Who would they be throwing to or who would be running the ball? They have a couple of pieces on the D-Line but aren't they getting a little old?

What if they traded the #1 pick AND trading Manning for Picks?

I mean I am unsure what you could get for that 1st pick of Luck but if you are still in that top 10 range you could still get a top tier QB of Barkley, RGIII, or Jones, or go with Trent Richardson the RB out of Alabama if you are in the teen range.

Would they be able to get a first for Manning from someone? Did the Carson Palmer trade set the bar?

I am unsure about pick positions and all that but what I am saying is the Colts suck and could possibly go 0-16. As a GM that tells me there are a ton of positions that need to be filled. Probably another thing to be filled is a new coach as well.

whoman69
12-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I agree ... Luck or Manning, not both.

Drafting Luck signals that the Colts don't really plan on winning anything significant in the final couple of years of Manning. The Colts spend so much on Manning they can't do it in free agency, they have to do it with the draft.

Mannings value will go down with Luck/Manning there

Draft Luck and trade Manning

or

Trade the Luck pick to get weapons to help Manning win

I imagine it will depend a lot on the Health of Manning. If Payton gets into some games towards the end of the season and shows he's going to be 100% then i bet Indy trades the Luck pick. If Manning is still sketchy then Indy will draft Luck and then go about 'pimping' Manning next preseason so they can trade him.

If Manning's health is complete shot then he retires and the Colts have a bazillion dollars in cap room to help get Luck some weapons.

The Colts would be stupid and short sighted to trade Luck just to keep Manning. You have a 4 year window at most in which time you need to find another QB. Luck is the future of the franchise. If you trade him for picks, by the time those players are at their peak Manning will be gone.

kcxiv
12-06-2011, 07:04 PM

He's doing everything and anything he can for his son. I dont see a problem.

whoman69
12-06-2011, 07:09 PM
I was thinking, The Colts are in such dire straits currently due to the lack of any play makers on both sides of the ball. Even if they take Luck or keep Manning would either survive behind their O-line? Who would they be throwing to or who would be running the ball? They have a couple of pieces on the D-Line but aren't they getting a little old?

What if they traded the #1 pick AND trading Manning for Picks?

I mean I am unsure what you could get for that 1st pick of Luck but if you are still in that top 10 range you could still get a top tier QB of Barkley, RGIII, or Jones, or go with Trent Richardson the RB out of Alabama if you are in the teen range.

Would they be able to get a first for Manning from someone? Did the Carson Palmer trade set the bar?

I am unsure about pick positions and all that but what I am saying is the Colts suck and could possibly go 0-16. As a GM that tells me there are a ton of positions that need to be filled. Probably another thing to be filled is a new coach as well.

Colts are a 10 win team with a healthy Manning this year. They've been drafting in the bottom of the draft for near a decade now. Pretty easy to see why they may have lost some talent since they don't go into FA. They've also been giving Peyton too many weapons on offense and ignoring their D. This is a D that plays with the lead.

KC native
12-06-2011, 07:14 PM
I knew this would come into play. Oliver has hinted about this before.

Nightfyre
12-06-2011, 07:15 PM
I can't imagine a better landing place for Luck than KC. I wish that it would happen.

Caseyguyrr
12-06-2011, 07:55 PM
these manning's will complain about anything, crying to get their way

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 08:02 PM
I can't imagine a better landing place for Luck than KC. I wish that it would happen.umm ... we have shitty offensive coaches, so i would think there is a better place for Luck.

Hopefully we change that this offseason

Valiant
12-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Man, as much as I would love to move up and take Luck.. It would just be smarter to trade Peyton for the Colts..

Get Luck and a top 8pick and pick up Richardson + more players?

bricks
12-06-2011, 08:16 PM
I think Peyton Manning is a perfect fit for KC. I thought about it in this sense.

What sounds like the most appropriate fit, drafting a rookie quarterback and having him being coached by a set of morons?

Or, having a well established QB that makes up for the lack of intellegence in both offense coaching and QB play?

Drafting a QB may not exactly suit KC's situation? I know its what the majority want, but, I wouldn't exclude other possiblities on how you can address the QB position. If the Chiefs plan on keeping Haley, which I think they will, then I'd be open to a trade for Peyton.

*Point is, at least having that extremely intelligent player could make up for having a dumb coach.

Quesadilla Joe
12-06-2011, 08:19 PM
I could see the Jets, 49ers, Dolphins, or Cowboys making a run at Peyton.

Extra Point
12-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I think Peyton Manning is a perfect fit for KC. I thought about it in this sense.

What sounds like the most appropriate fit, drafting a rookie quarterback and having him being coached by a set of morons?

Or, having a well established QB that makes up for the lack of intellegence in both offense coaching and QB play?

Drafting a QB may not exactly suit KC's situation? I know its what the majority want, but, I wouldn't exclude other possiblities on how you can address the QB position. If the Chiefs plan on keeping Haley, which I think they will, then I'd be open to a trade for Peyton.

*Point is, at least having that extremely intelligent player could make up for having a dumb coach.

Problem solved, without Manning: GET RID OF HALEY!

Brock
12-06-2011, 08:23 PM
I think this is most likely a shot across the bow by Archie to get Indy to let Peyton walk and not have him stuck mentoring Luck next year.

It's about time somebody in this league told old Archie to STFU.

FAX
12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
ROFL

I'd like to be a winged radish on the wall during their first offensive meeting as Muir explains our offense to Broke-Neck.

FAX

O.city
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
It we brought in Manning we woudln't need an OC. HC neither I guess.

Rasputin
12-06-2011, 08:55 PM

Yeah, give up first round second round & next years first round draft pick. We wouldn't draft a QB untill late round and just have another rookie sit on the bench. Not winning any Super Bowls in the mean time even with P Manning, why? Just doesn't work that way for the Chiefs, that experiment has been played out. Maybe we would win a playoff game like Montana did, more than that is just farce dream land & true fandomism.

Mr. Laz
12-06-2011, 09:03 PM
Haley can't co-exist with a real offensive coordinator, how is he going to exist with a Quarterback/Offensive Coordinator?

The first time Haley told Manning to 'fuck off' there would be an explosion.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I'll go ahead and drop my name in the "not on the Peyton Manning to KC" bandwagon.

It would be a waste of money and time only setting the franchise back another 4-5 years. If not more because at that point Charles would be on the down slope of his career.

Peyton is done physically.

Mile High Mania
12-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Montana was 37 when he came to KC... Peyton is only 35. Win. (slight sarcasm)

Indy needs to take Luck.

mcan
12-06-2011, 09:06 PM
I'd rather have Peyton for 4 years than trade up to draft Andrew Luck. By a long shot.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Montana was 37 when he came to KC... Peyton is only 35. Win.

Indy needs to take Luck.

Montana was in better physical shape IMO. His neck was still in tact.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 09:19 PM
Montana was very good in Walsh's system. In Indianapolis, Manning IS the system. There's really no comparison. Let Manning come in and have him teach his system to our coaching staff rather than the other way around. He may be the only player who could ever do that, and because of that he will be successful wherever he lands.

Full disclosure: I'd much rather draft and develop our own QB, but Manning would still be great for this franchise.

Brock
12-06-2011, 09:20 PM
I'll be surprised if Manning throws another pass.

Simply Red
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
I certainly hope so. But I am convinced that Manning will be a Chief QB sooner rather than later.

I agree here, actually. Too bad it wasn't four yrs. ago w/ THIS years. team.

MoreLemonPledge
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Of course, any of this conjecture is assuming he is healthy.

HemiEd
12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
I'd rather have Peyton for 4 years than trade up to draft Andrew Luck. By a long shot.

I know you haven't been around much the last few years mcan, but you better duck. :eek:

HemiEd
12-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I agree here, actually. Too bad it wasn't four yrs. ago w/ THIS years. team.

Agreed, this year the AFC was ripe for the taking. At least an appearance in the SB was a possibility with a real QB and less injuries.

12-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Man, Archie is a real ass.

Smed1065
12-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Indy is going to fuck it up and the AFC will be happy. Karma-

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:14 PM
It would be kinda poetic justice if Manning talked them into trading the pick for a ransom so he could have a good run at 2 or 3 more SB's and breaks in half during the preseason.

Meanwhile Luck goes on to be Manning 2.0, winning 6 SB titles as a Brown.

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Also if someones trading for that pick it's likely the Browns, they have 2 first this year i believe.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
It would be kinda poetic justice if Manning talked them into trading the pick for a ransom so he could have a good run at 2 or 3 more SB's and breaks in half during the preseason.

Meanwhile Luck goes on to be Manning 2.0, winning 6 SB titles as a Brown.

If Luck was Manning 2.0 then he would end his career with 1 SB at most and be known as one of the biggest playoff chokers in modern era football.

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Ok Brady 2.0?

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Ok Brady 2.0?

Looking better :D

I just had to throw my jab at Peyton in there.

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:19 PM
I was meaning that in terms of talent. Not accomplishments. Should have made that clear.

Okie_Apparition
12-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Luck has too much hype to live up to & how many of these guys live up to the hype
Tebow falling after facing a good defense & offense maybe a prelude

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
IMO Barkley is better than Luck.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 11:21 PM
I was meaning that in terms of talent. Not accomplishments. Should have made that clear.

Nah I got it.

Like I said, just taking a jab.

For personal reasons I've always hated Peyton. And not just him. The entire Manning family honestly.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
IMO Barkley is better than Luck.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CvZjvjqcMdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You sure about that? I see a lot of Matt Cassel.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2011, 11:23 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CvZjvjqcMdE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You sure about that? I see a lot of Matt Cassel.

Not even close to being like Cassel.

KCrockaholic
12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Not even close to being like Cassel.

My point is, Luck is on another level. Barkley is alright. But Luck and Robert Griffin are both better passers.

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:29 PM
I'm still trying out his trolling thing by the way.

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:30 PM
I want RGIII.

tredadda
12-07-2011, 07:43 AM
If I were the Colts I would look at trading the #1 pick to someone like KC who needs a QB and will most likely be drafting in the Top 10. Pioli would have to initiate all this as the Colts have no reason to help us out.

The Chiefs get #1 pick and thusly our franchise QB

The Colts get our
2012 1st
2012 2nd
2012 3rd
2013 1st

With it they could still get one of the top QBs in the draft and have him mentor behind Peyton for a couple of years. They could also use the extra picks to build their team as their issues are more than just QB.

BigChiefFan
12-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Glad his daddy is speaking for him. Archie reminds me of Cush's dad in Jerry Maguire.

Deberg_1990
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
If Luck was Manning 2.0 then he would end his career with 1 SB at most and be known as one of the biggest playoff chokers in modern era football.

and he would still be worthy of the #1 pick overall.

vailpass
12-07-2011, 09:39 AM
If I were the Colts I would look at trading the #1 pick to someone like KC who needs a QB and will most likely be drafting in the Top 10. Pioli would have to initiate all this as the Colts have no reason to help us out.

The Chiefs get #1 pick and thusly our franchise QB

The Colts get our
2012 1st
2012 2nd
2012 3rd
2013 1st

With it they could still get one of the top QBs in the draft and have him mentor behind Peyton for a couple of years. They could also use the extra picks to build their team as their issues are more than just QB.

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

Barret
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Ok so using those figures say the Chiefs are sitting at the #9 pick.

1st = 3000
9th = 1350

Points to be made up would be 1650

If they trade the 2nd and 3rd round this year that is 715

That would be a grand total of 900 points left to make up for in next years draft. I am unsure how much a 1st and 2nd round pick would be worth next year.

vailpass
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM

1st = 3000
9th = 1350

That would be a grand total of 900 points left to make up for in next years draft. I am unsure how much a 1st and 2nd round pick would be worth next year.

That is the starting price; there will be a bidding war. Indy may not be in the mood to extend credit when cash is on offer.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Why in the world would anybody think Indy is going to pass on Luck?

Lets see, they have a once in a decade QB and just about make the playoffs every year. They lose said QB and go 0-16. They have an opportunity to get another once in a decade QB. Hmmmm.

vailpass
12-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Why in the world would anybody think Indy is going to pass on Luck?

Lets see, they have a once in a decade QB and just about make the playoffs every year. They lose said QB and go 0-16. They have an opportunity to get another once in a decade QB. Hmmmm.

Totally.
If they are higher on RGIII or another QB and do a killer deal where they get their QB and a stock of draft picks to surround their new QB with young talent I can see Indy passing on Luck.
Otherwise, no.

milkman
12-07-2011, 10:17 AM

1st = 3000
9th = 1350

A 2nd round next year is about equal in value as a 3rd this year.

A 3rd next is about equal to a 4th this year.

And so on.

Nightfyre
12-07-2011, 10:23 AM
It would likely take this year's first, second and third, plus next years first and second based on the chart moving up from 7 to 1. That would probably be good enough to open discussion for Andrew Luck, but not enough to pull down the deal.

Hydrae
12-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Just curious, with the new CBA and rookie pool does this chart change?

vailpass
12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

Great question, I don't know the answer. Walter Football has always been a credible source and this is the most recent (2011) version I could find but I honestly don't know if the CBA will change things.

talastan
12-07-2011, 10:43 AM
My only issue is IF Indy were to trade the Luck pick what would we have to do to outbid Elway, because he'll be giving the farm away as well as a couple of other teams. Are we set up to even try, assuming Pioli would consider it, which I don't think he would. :sulk:

milkman
12-07-2011, 10:46 AM

This chart was created at a time when the cost of signing the top 5-top 10 draft picks wasn't so ridiculous, so I think the new CBA actually makes this chart viable again.

The Franchise
12-07-2011, 10:52 AM
The Colts would be stupid and short sighted to trade Luck just to keep Manning. You have a 4 year window at most in which time you need to find another QB. Luck is the future of the franchise. If you trade him for picks, by the time those players are at their peak Manning will be gone.

Yep...because we all know that Luck is the last QB to come out of the NCAA......EVAR!!!

KC native
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
I think a lot of people are overlooking the business side from Luck's perspective. He doesn"t want to sit anywhere. Since rookie are stuck with 3 year deals and if he really is the 2nd coming of Tebow, then he's going to want to start from day 1 so he can get a monster contract for his first deal past rookie year. It wouldn't surprise me if Luck comes out and says he won't play for Indy (unless peyton is done).

vailpass
12-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I think a lot of people are overlooking the business side from Luck's perspective. He doesn"t want to sit anywhere. Since rookie are stuck with 3 year deals and if he really is the 2nd coming of Tebow, then he's going to want to start from day 1 so he can get a monster contract for his first deal past rookie year. It wouldn't surprise me if Luck comes out and says he won't play for Indy (unless peyton is done).

So Luck would sit out a year because he didn't want to sit on the bench for a year? Your business kung fu is strong.

Hydrae
12-07-2011, 11:01 AM
This chart was created at a time when the cost of signing the top 5-top 10 draft picks wasn't so ridiculous, so I think the new CBA actually makes this chart viable again.

Yep, if anything I would think that the top picks might be worth more now that the contracts won't be so astronomical. It will be interesting to see how this works going forward.

KC native
12-07-2011, 11:03 AM
So Luck would sit out a year because he didn't want to sit on the bench for a year? Your business kung fu is strong.

I didn't say he would sit. However, to think he wouldn't pull an eli manning is short sighted. He very well could just play for indy, but I can see him doing everything possible to get out of Indy.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2011, 11:11 AM
I think the Colts owe Manning about 30 mil before the draft. You'll have a pretty good idea which way they are leaning by the time the draft rolls around.

Chief Roundup
12-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Glad to see Archie is still....well Archie.

Sure, it would be nice to get Luck, but I don't want to give up the farm either. If we can get one of the top 3 or 4 guys this year without giving up the farm then that is what we need to do.

On Manning I would have to say No! I think Manning is arguably the best player to ever put on a jock.
Whatever team brings in Peyton will also be bringing in Manning's offense. Which means the rest of the offense has to learn that offense. Is there a OC from the Parcell tree that knows the offense that Peyton runs? So instead of bringing one player up to speed you are going to have to 12 players up to speed. This is going to take more than a year. So it is going to take at least 2 seasons to get a SB or playoff run going with Peyton, then when you consider that Peyton might have 4 years left now we might get 2 or 3 years of playoffs or better. If we are lucky and don't have any bad luck along the way.

RUSH
12-07-2011, 11:21 AM
Here's some good info on the whole situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/07/colts-cant-pay-and-trade-peyton/

It&rsquo;s been established that the Colts owe Peyton Manning another $28 million in early 2012. Last month, Peter King pointed out during Football Night In America that the money comes due before the start of the 2012 league year.

That&rsquo;s significant because it means that the Colts can&rsquo;t trade Manning to a new team before the payment comes due.

But that hasn&rsquo;t completely put to rest speculation that the Colts will pay Peyton and then, once the league year begins, attempt to trade him. Bob Kravitz&rsquo;s latest item on the situation should completely put that speculation to rest.

Kravitz, who covers the Colts for the Indianapolis Star, points out that, if the Colts pay Peyton and then trade him, the Colts will absorb a 2012 salary cap charge of $38.8 million. And if the Colts trade Peyton Manning in 2013, the cap charge would drop to only $28.8 million.

Absent a willingness by Peyton to move the due date of his payment, a trade becomes impossible. Thus, if Peyton tells the Colts &ldquo;my contract is my contract,&rdquo; they&rsquo;ll have to cut him, or they&rsquo;ll have to keep him for at least two more seasons.

Although Peyton adroitly has avoided any discussion regarding the future, plans undoubtedly are being made. There&rsquo;s a good chance that the final plan already has been crafted, and that the only thing left to do is implement it.

If that&rsquo;s the case, Archie Manning&rsquo;s comments from Tuesday become even more significant. Given that Archie caucused with Oliver Luck the night before Archie told FOX Sports Radio that he &ldquo;doubts&rdquo; Peyton and Andrew Luck want to be on the same team, it&rsquo;s safe to assume that Oliver agrees with that sentiment.

Once the Colts clinch the first overall pick and once Andrew Luck declares his intention to enter the 2012 draft, look for Archie and Oliver to form a Legion of Doom-style tag team, with each former quarterback taking turns placing a little more pressure on Bill Polian and company. At some point, Oliver could explain that Andrew respects the fact that the Colts have a quarterback, and that it would make more sense for the Colts to use the first overall pick to help their quarterback win more championships.

Before that happens, Archie will possibly have more to say. He&rsquo;s one of today&rsquo;s guests on The Dan Patrick Show. You can listen live right here.

Fat Elvis
12-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I want RGIII.

Esto

Okie_Apparition
12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
If I'm Peyton Manning I walk into Polian's office & say **** YOU
Every year but 1 when I play we have a 10 win season. I miss a season & we're 1-13
**** YOU & Set me free, I'll go play for the ****ing Redskins & get another ring

Mr. Laz
12-22-2011, 07:20 PM
If I'm Peyton Manning I walk into Polian's office & say **** YOU
Every year but 1 when I play we have a 10 win season. I miss a season & we're 1-13
**** YOU & Set me free, I'll go play for the ****ing Redskins & get another ring

You got to think he will

I mean how many seasons does Manning have left even if the neck injury heals? If i'm Manning i want the team to be drafting to win in the few years i have left, not drafting for when i retire.

Drafting Andrew Luck basically says 'Goodbye' to Manning and turns him into a lame duck QB.

Either Manning or Luck ... not both. You have to trade the pick or Manning.

If Manning is healthy ... Big if, but if Manning is healthy then i think there is still a decent chance they trade the pick for a small fortune and get players to help Manning win in his final 3/4 years. Anything else is disrespectful to the hero of the franchise.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Jim Irsay supports Peyton Manning

INDIANAPOLIS -- It doesn't look as if Peyton Manning will go anywhere next season -- unless he's not healthy.

On Thursday, Colts owner Jim Irsay told NFL Network he couldn't foresee a scenario in which Manning would play anywhere but Indianapolis unless he can't play at all.

Manning his missed the entire season and has not participated in full team practices since having the third and most invasive surgery on his neck Sept. 8.

"I think the situation is if he's back and he's healthy, I see him coming back and playing here," Irsay said in a 10-minute interview before the game with Houston began. "I think the hope is that his health is in the position where he could return again. That remains uncertain and that's something that's first and foremost on my mind."

The signs are encouraging.

On Dec. 1, surgeon Dr. Robert Watkins issued a statement saying the fusion between two vertebrae had healed firmly and that Manning could increase the intensity of his workouts.

Last Wednesday, for the first time since having the surgery, Manning put on pads and a helmet and threw with teammates. He took snaps from center Jeff Saturday and worked with running back Joseph Addai, receiver Anthony Gonzalez and an unnamed receiver from the practice squad.

Colts vice chairman Bill Polian and coach Jim Caldwell both watched the session. Polian and Addai have given Manning good reviews.

Manning was inactive Thursday night and has already been ruled out of next week's season finale at Jacksonville. Caldwell also said this week that Manning would continue to do individual work but would not participate in team work the rest of the season.

The only four-time MVP in league history also is due a $28 million bonus in early March -- a prospect that had some thinking Thursday night could be the final time Manning would be on the home team's sideline at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Irsay said that's not the case.

"I don't see that being an issue," Irsay said. "I paid him $26 million this season and he didn't play and I knew it was an iffy situation. If he's healthy and he can play, he'll be back here."

Irsay also said the Colts would take a quarterback, Manning's successor, if the right one is available in April's draft. The Colts (1-13) are the front-runners for the No. 1 overall pick, a slot that most analysts believe will be filled by Stanford's Andrew Luck. Another possible candidate, Southern California's Matt Barkley said Thursday that he would return to school for his senior season.

And when the season ends, Irsay acknowledged there would be plenty to evaluate -- from the top down.

"I'm concerned we came out and lost 13 games," Irsay said. "We certainly were looking to do better. In terms of evaluating things, I think you have to look at the Texans. Last year, their coach was under great fire, Bob McNair stuck with him and now he's very popular in Houston. So when the season ends, I will evaluate everything. You know I love continuity."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7381623/indianapolis-colts-jim-irsay-says-peyton-manning-plays-2012-with-colts

Psyko Tek
12-22-2011, 07:53 PM
T he ginger needs to STFU

cdcox
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
What a contrast between Isray and Scott "NSA" Pioli.

Seems like Isray is going to upset both the Mannings and the Lucks.

el borracho
12-22-2011, 08:18 PM
T he ginger needs to STFU

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CbuYb6lLHX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>