PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs PFF Grades the Chiefs, Week 13

Hammock Parties
12-06-2011, 03:26 PM
1. Jared Gaither graded out with a 1.1 overall, 1.8 in pass blocking, 0 sacks, pressures or hits. He got docked for a penalty or he would have had a 1.7 overall.

How does that compare to the Chiefs OTs?

Branden Albert has only had two games better than a 1.8 all year in pass blocking. Barry Richardson's best overall game all year is a 0.7.

FAIL.

2. Speaking of Albert, he had a nice game against the Bears with a 2.4 and only 1 pressure allowed. Very impressive going against Peppers. As everyone knows, Richardson sucks and he had another shit game. If he is starting next year, put Pioli in a catapult and launch him out of Arrowhead Stadium. Richardson spends another week at the bottom of the PFF OT rankings. His pass blocking is bad, but no one's run blocking is even close to his -17.5 for the year.

3. I dunno WTF is going on with Ryan Lilja and Rodney Hudson. They split 76 snaps down the middle. Hudson didn't have a very good game (-1.7) but, shit, when he's being yanked in and out that's not surprising.

4. The Chiefs linebackers raped Chicago's offense. All of them. I'm going to post a bunch of gifs later this week but here are the grades: 3.7, 3.5, 4.5, 3.2. Houston, Belcher, DJ, Hali. Justin Houston and DJ had 6 and 5 stops, respectively, which is beastly. Hali had 5 QB pressures.

5. Glenn Dorsey had a really good game with a 1.8 and 4 stops. He's still doing his job, as he's third ranked against the run at his position.

6. Jon McGraw missed two more tackles. Shocker.

7. Derrick Johnson is now the top-rated inside linebacker against the run, and no one has more stops.

OFFICAL RECAP:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/06/re-focused-chiefs-bears-week-13/

Kansas City – Three Performances of Note

Linebackers Steal the Show

On a day where malaise and mediocrity was in vogue, the one unit that really upped their game was the Chiefs’ linebackers. All four of their starters contributed in extremely positive ways and fueled the Chiefs’ stifling defensive display. The play of Derrick Johnson (+4.5) has been well documented in our game reviews here at PFF this season, but he once again put a dominant display. His work in run defense was as strong as ever – his tackle that dealt Matt Forte his injury was a particularly impressive defensive play; going under the block of Matt Spaeth to get to the Bears’ runner at the line. Johnson was not alone this week as Tamba Hali (+3.2) was his usual explosive self and rookie Justin Houston (+3.7) recorded his strongest showing as a pass rusher with three sacks, a pressure and a batted pass.

No More Backup Plan

After the Chiefs cut their ties with Jared Gaither this week they were left with no backup plan to the persistently disappointing Barry Richardson (-6.1) at right tackle. He didn’t exactly vindicate his coaches and front office with his display and was the lowest-graded player for the entire Chiefs’ offense this week. Whether Gaither was made a scapegoat for his false start in last week’s game or there were off-the-field issues that hastened his departure, there is little doubt that the Chiefs will need to act fast to get another contingency in for Richardson in the offseason. Once again, Richardson was beaten badly in both run and pass games, yielding two hits and a sack in pass protection along with a tackle for loss in the running game. Richardson was completely undone by Israel Idonije on that run play (Q2 2:20) and with Richardson now protecting the blindside of the Chiefs’ incumbent quarterback the rest of 2011, his poor play will come into sharper focus.

Fragile – Handle with Care

So Kyle Orton did take the field at Soldier Field this year … for one play, and for the Chiefs. After a predictably mediocre opening stanza from Tyler Palko (-2.8) the Chiefs opened up the second quarter with Orton under center and went deep into the bag of tricks with a flea flicker. The pass fell incomplete and Orton was knocked out for the rest of the game with an injury to the index finger on his throwing hand – a rather ignominious debut. The task fell to Palko to lead the Chiefs to victory, which he accomplished by not leading them to defeat. Palko made very few positive contributions, grading positively for only two throws and his radar was way off for most of the game. However, in a game as tight and as poorly played as this, he adhered to the old moniker, which tends to hang around bad offensive football teams, that a punt is a good series. His worst throw all game was an overthrow to Steve Breaston which was so overthrown that the pass sailed over Bears’ safety Major Wright as well. There was little positive for the Chiefs to take from Palko moving forward but his first career win was a testament to merely not losing the game.

Chicago – Three Performances of Note

Fine Margins

Two bounces of a football turned this game on a 14-point swing in favor of the Kansas City Chiefs. Neither team did enough to win and arguably both teams deserved to walk out of Soldier Field with a loss to their name. However, on a bounce of a Hail Mary at the end of the second quarter and the bobble of a drop by Roy Williams (-1.6) the Chiefs scored seven points and took seven away from the Bears. On such fine margins not only are games won and lost but seemingly also are careers defined. If the combination of Brian Urlacher and Chris Conte knock down that Hail Mary and Williams plays like a pro wide receiver for a split second holding on to that pass at the Chiefs’ 3, are the Bears looking at replacements for Caleb Hanie (+1.6) today? Possibly. As aside from that game-turning play Hanie’s performance still wasn’t good enough and one play isn’t enough to look past the glaring lack of composure and accuracy he displayed all game. His interception to Brandon Carr at 6:16 in the third quarter was a stark reminder of the naivety that Hanie still possesses as an NFL QB. However, at this stage of his career is Donovan McNabb a much better option? Did the Chiefs doom the Bears’ season by claiming Orton?

Plumbing New Depths

The Bears offensive line and right tackle Lance Louis (-7.9) showed relative signs of life earlier this season as the Bears adjusted the offense to protect Jay Cutler better. For Louis in particular, that resurgence has come crashing back to earth in the last month and reached a new low this week with the worst showing of his pro career. Louis was responsible for five sacks charged to four different defenders and Caleb Hanie will not be thanking him for the rate at which those plays came in the second half. Up until the 1:31 mark in the third quarter Louis was having a solid day, yielding a solitary pressure to Derrick Johnson until that point. However, in the Bears final 18 pass plays, Louis surrendered five sacks and one pressure . Three of those sacks came on third downs to halt Chicago drives and two came on back-to-back plays. The Bears’ offensive line has long been a thorn in their side and with an inexperienced quarterback it proved a major handicap as Hanie couldn’t set and throw in the pocket, just when he needed to the most.

Defensive Line Holds Up Their End of the Bargain

While the Chiefs’ linebackers led the Kansas City charge on defense, it was the Bears’ defensive line that did the same for Chicago. Even with their talisman Julius Peppers (+5.8) having to leave the field through injury the Bears’ defensive front was stifling up front against the run all day limiting Thomas Jones to 2.3 yards per carry and Jackie Battle to 1.4 yards per carry. It was only the speed of Dexter McCluster on draw plays that had any success on the ground and most of that came on the longest rush of McCluster’s career. The Bears didn’t have much joy rushing the passer though here. Against Tyler Palko that wasn’t crucial as his accuracy is poor enough without pressure (44%). Plays such as Peppers’ pursuit to break up a screen on Palko’s first play back in at 14:53 in the second and Stephen Paea’s (+3.0) tackle deep in the backfield at 12:49 in the first showed that the Bears defensive front came ready to play this week.

Game Notes

- Kyle Orton wasn’t the only Chief to play a solitary snap in this game. Cory Greenwood, Andy Studebaker and Jeremy Horne all saw action on only one snap as well.

- The loss of Matt Forte meant the Bears had no backs to use in the passing game. Consequently, Caleb Hanie didn’t aim a single pass behind the line of scrimmage, a large and key chunk of the Bears’ offense lost early in the game.

- Kansas City’s 21 total QB pressures (combining sacks, hits and pressures) were their most since their playoff defeat to Baltimore in January when they recorded 22.

PFF Game Ball

The lack of press that Derrick Johnson still receives is utterly baffling. Yet another fine performance for the Chiefs’ defensive star this week as he continues to state his case as the best inside linebacker in the AFC.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Would one of the other PFFers mind comparing the combined ratings for our 4 linebackers with the rest of the 3-4 teams? Might be interesting.

Chiefnj2
12-06-2011, 03:48 PM
Does PFF give you the completion % on CBs? I was wondering how Carr and Flowers compare.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Does PFF give you the completion % on CBs? I was wondering how Carr and Flowers compare.

About the same.

Urc Burry
12-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Would one of the other PFFers mind comparing the combined ratings for our 4 linebackers with the rest of the 3-4 teams? Might be interesting.

I'm not a member, but the steelers off the top of my head seem like the gold standard of 3-4 backers. Harrison, Woodley, Timmons, and Farrior is nasty

Buck
12-06-2011, 05:01 PM
We were playing the Jags.

Wait until we play someone with a decent pass rush.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2011, 05:12 PM
I said in another thread, I would like to see how Terrance Cody ranks for Nose Tackles. I know Baltimore is 14 in run stopping up the gut.

Extra Point
12-06-2011, 05:20 PM
We were playing the Jags.

Wait until we play someone with a decent pass rush.

Yeah, that will induce a fumbled snap.

And, Rivers repeats: "OH THNAP!"

Caseyguyrr
12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
well at the end of the day, its still a pointless win

whoman69
12-06-2011, 06:03 PM

Would you rather see them quit?

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Derrick Johnson is earning his money , I love it !

O.city
12-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Good thing about this lb core is that they are young and hopefully only gonna get better.

Any one think its a coincidence that DJ and Belcher are playing this much better, with an upgrade to average NT play in front of them?

Put a dominant guy up there and think what could happen.

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2011, 07:46 PM

I wouldn't say totally pointless, The D was stout and delivered a good game but the offense squeezed out a huge heap of a regurgitated shitburger.

crossbow
12-06-2011, 10:33 PM
I can't understand why the Chiefs are so loyal to Richardson. The dude is regressing and never was very good in the first place. If they truely believe that this guy can play in the NFL then they are hopeless idiots.

O.city
12-06-2011, 10:36 PM
Didn't we have a thread started by someone saying they enjoy watching Palko play?

Hammock Parties
12-06-2011, 10:38 PM
I can't understand why the Chiefs are so loyal to Richardson. The dude is regressing and never was very good in the first place. If they truely believe that this guy can play in the NFL then they are hopeless idiots.

Turd Haley and Bullshit Muir.

O.city
12-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I don't get the Richardson thing.

Hopefully he's replaced this offseason.

Anyway, I'm really liking this defense. If we coudl get Powe or Gordon to develop into a Casey Hampton type NT, DJ and Belcher will skyrocket.

mcaj22
12-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I don't get the Richardson thing.

Hopefully he's replaced this offseason.

Anyway, I'm really liking this defense. If we coudl get Powe or Gordon to develop into a Casey Hampton type NT, DJ and Belcher will skyrocket.

Gordon is 29 years old his developing years are long behind him

O.city
12-06-2011, 11:09 PM
Gordon is 29 years old his developing years are long behind him

I meant by tomorrow. LMAO

I know he's older. It coudl happen. DOubtful but could.

Powe is the one I hope gets activated and sees a little playing time. I'll never wish an injury on anyone, but if Gregg were to run out of gas soon.......nevermind.

BossChief
12-07-2011, 12:41 AM
The last few weeks have shown that Romeo is starting to get comfortable with the talent this team has on the defensive side and is starting to dial up the blitzes.

Its been refreshing because I was getting to the point of calling for his head if he didnt come off that old, tired, cover 2 version of the 3-4.

Just imagine playing like that with Berry back in the secondary ball hawking.

JIZZZ

FAX
12-07-2011, 03:18 AM
I grade PFF a -6.

There. Take that, PFF. You are now a -6.

Try to do better next time.

FAX

Smed1065
12-07-2011, 03:40 AM
I grade PFF a -6.

FAX

It is official.

Fax is a homer.

Fax is a true fan...........

Had to say IT.

milkman
12-07-2011, 12:23 PM
The last few weeks have shown that Romeo is starting to get comfortable with the talent this team has on the defensive side and is starting to dial up the blitzes.

Its been refreshing because I was getting to the point of calling for his head if he didnt come off that old, tired, cover 2 version of the 3-4.

Just imagine playing like that with Berry back in the secondary ball hawking.

JIZZZ

It pisses me off that he took the better part of two seasons to figure out that his old school bend but don't break style just doesn't work in today's NFL.

The guy is a relic.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2011, 01:16 PM
I grade PFF a -6.

FAX

Instead of being all passive aggressive, why don't you tell us what you are upset about?

Nightfyre
12-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Gordon is adequate at the nose, but above average at DE, from what I've seen. We need to obtain a NT and use Gordon at DE and as a tertiary NT.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-07-2011, 01:38 PM

The young players on D playing well is certainly not pointless.

whoman69
12-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Gordon is adequate at the nose, but above average at DE, from what I've seen. We need to obtain a NT and use Gordon at DE and as a tertiary NT.

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/9418198-large.jpg

whoman69
12-07-2011, 01:48 PM
It pisses me off that he took the better part of two seasons to figure out that his old school bend but don't break style just doesn't work in today's NFL.

The guy is a relic.

The relic is coming around. Old dog learns new tricks.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Kansas City Chiefs: Rookie defensive linemen Allen Bailey (221) typically takes some pass rushing plays, but recently has shown he deserves more. He has six pressures on 45 pass rushes in the past three games.

Had a bad day team:

Center: Casey Wiegmann, KC (-3.3)

It was only a perfect day in pass protection that saved this grade from being any worse.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 03:28 PM
20. Kansas City Chiefs

Rank: Pass Blocking = 14th, Run Blocking = 30th, Penalties = 9th

When you look at the Chiefs’ line, nothing stands out. A decent enough left tackle, and an interior that doesn’t allow much pressure up the middle or get much push in the run game. Nothing that is until you look at the right tackle spot, where Barry Richardson is our lowest ranked tackle on the year. Until Jared Gaither messes up (on the field or off) we’ll never understand how the Chiefs saw fit to keep him off the field and Richardson on it.

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2011, 03:35 PM
20. Kansas City Chiefs

Rank: Pass Blocking = 14th, Run Blocking = 30th, Penalties = 9th

When you look at the Chiefs’ line, nothing stands out. A decent enough left tackle, and an interior that doesn’t allow much pressure up the middle or get much push in the run game. Nothing that is until you look at the right tackle spot, where Barry Richardson is our lowest ranked tackle on the year. Until Jared Gaither messes up (on the field or off) we’ll never understand how the Chiefs saw fit to keep him off the field and Richardson on it.

yeah,this right here

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 03:41 PM
PFF's full offensive line rankings, with the winning teams in bold.

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/08/offensive-lines-mid-season-report/

Fairly even distribution of bad offensive lines and good offensive lines between winning teams.

1. Philadelphia Eagles
2. New Orleans Saints
3. Houston Texans
4. Buffalo Bills
5. Minnesota Vikings
6. New England Patriots
7. Tennessee Titans
8. Baltimore Ravens
9. Green Bay Packers
10. New York Jets
11. Miami Dolphins
12. Dallas Cowboys
13. Detroit Lions
14. Cincinnati Bengals
15. Cleveland Browns
16. Carolina Panthers
17. Jacksonville Jaguars
18. Atlanta Falcons
19. Indianapolis Colts
20. Kansas City Chiefs
21. Pittsburgh Steelers
22. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
23. San Francisco 49ers
24. Arizona Cardinals
25. Oakland Raiders
26. San Diego Chargers
27. Washington Redskins
28. St Louis Rams
29. New York Giants
30. Denver Broncos
31. Chicago Bears
32. Seattle Seahawks

htismaqe
12-08-2011, 03:57 PM
The problem is that Gaither can't play RT, according to the talking heads (and the Baltimore Ravens apparently).

So putting Gaither on the field replaces ALBERT, not Richardson.

I understand it sucks but if Gaither can't play RT, how does that help us with Richardson?

Tribal Warfare
12-08-2011, 04:08 PM
The problem is that Gaither can't play RT, according to the talking heads (and the Baltimore Ravens apparently).

I understand it sucks but if Gaither can't play RT, how does that help us with Richardson?

From what I heard at least Gaither and Oher were going to lock down the Ravens bookends, and when Gaither played RT he didn't look bad at all. IMO, he came over because of his best friend(s) Albert and McClain. It seems Gaither didn't take to this staff's coaching style thus the term "the right 53" is used.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
What's DMCs year grade at this point?

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 04:24 PM
What's DMCs year grade at this point?

He is the 59th rated RB in terms of catching passes. Clearly a weapon in our passing game.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 04:27 PM
He is the 59th rated RB in terms of catching passes. Clearly a weapon in our passing game.

Thats not what I asked, but thanks I guess.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Thats not what I asked, but thanks I guess.

Why would anyone care about DMC's rating as a RB? He's not here to be a RB. He's here to catch passes.

The only reason he has carries this year is Charles' injury.

chefsos
12-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Why would anyone care about DMC's rating as a RB? He's not here to be a RB. He's here to catch passes.

The only reason he has carries this year is Charles' injury.Every time you post something now I initially think it's Omaha and you're about to call someone fat.

OK, carry on.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 04:51 PM

He is averaging 4.7 per rush on 90 carries.

I would like to know his OVERALL rating...if you don't want to post it because it would clash with your opinion of him, I understand.

By you not wanting to post his rating shows me he is rated fairly high.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 04:54 PM
He is averaging 4.7 per rush on 90 carries.

I would like to know his OVERALL rating...if you don't want to post it because it would clash with your opinion of him, I understand.

By you not wanting to post his rating shows me he is rated fairly high.

He is rated 29th. That is nothing to write home about.

I just don't see it as relevant, nor do I see his YPC as relevant. He only gains yards on draw plays. He rarely makes anyone miss or breaks a tackle.

He's shit.

aturnis
12-08-2011, 05:05 PM

Before Charles injury, Haley said he was switching McCluster primarily to RB, he was no longer a WR.

Spin it though...

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:06 PM
Before Charles injury, Haley said he was switching McCluster primarily to RB, he was no longer a WR.

Spin it though...

That's only because he sucked as a WR. Come on.

aturnis
12-08-2011, 05:08 PM

The problem is not that he CAN'T play RT, but rather that he won't. It's pretty well documented that he has no desire to play on the right side...

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:16 PM
Doesn't matter if he can't play RT, anyway.

We have shit depth.

htismaqe
12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
From what I heard at least Gaither and Oher were going to lock down the Ravens bookends, and when Gaither played RT he didn't look bad at all. IMO, he came over because of his best friend(s) Albert and McClain. It seems Gaither didn't take to this staff's coaching style thus the term "the right 53" is used.

The problem is not that he CAN'T play RT, but rather that he won't. It's pretty well documented that he has no desire to play on the right side...

I heard Matt Williamson or whatever his name is say that Baltimore was "unimpressed" with Gaither's play on the right side. A day or so later, I heard Michael Lombardi on WHB and he said the Ravens flat out said Gaither wasn't a RT.

aturnis
12-08-2011, 05:21 PM

What's your point? Brian Waters sucked at TE.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:22 PM
What's your point? Brian Waters sucked at TE.

LMAO

Brian Waters was a key cog in the #1 offense by his 2nd year starting.

I think it's safe to say McBuster is not following that career arc at this point.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 05:22 PM

You are lacking any objectivity in your views of this player, for whatever reason.

In his second year and with 4 games to go, DMC has 628 yards from scrimmage.

Third highest on the team behind Bowe and Breaston (only 13 yards behind Breaston, too)

That's not garbage, dude.

aturnis
12-08-2011, 05:24 PM
I heard Matt Williamson or whatever his name is say that Baltimore was "unimpressed" with Gaither's play on the right side. A day or so later, I heard Michael Lombardi on WHB and he said the Ravens flat out said Gaither wasn't a RT.

It's documented that he wouldn't play RT, and that he's known for being lazy, faking injuries and taking plays off. You don't think he might have been sandbagging in order to get cut so he could play LT somewhere else.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:26 PM
You are lacking any objectivity in your views of this player, for whatever reason.

In his second year and with 4 games to go, DMC has 628 yards from scrimmage.

Third highest on the team behind Bowe and Breaston (only 13 yards behind Breaston, too)

That's not garbage, dude.

I don't care about stats.

Watch him play. What does he do that is special?

Does he make guys miss? Once a month, maybe.

Does he have elite speed? Hell no.

Does he have good vision? Again, no. If it's not a draw play with a giant hole, he gains nothing.

He has some yards this year because Charles got hurt and we have no capable backup, and he's the king of garbage time.

Big deal. You can find a Dexter McCluster on the street.

aturnis
How many first downs does McCluster have?

ChiefsCountry
Where does Curry rank among Nose Tackles compared to McCluster at running backs?

BossChief
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM
His vision, quickness and excelleration are all very good.

Stop acting like the guy hasn't made a lot of plays for us, he has.

KCrockaholic
12-08-2011, 05:31 PM
His vision, quickness and excelleration are all very good.

Stop acting like the guy hasn't made a lot of plays for us, he has.

Waaaay off on that one.

aturnis
12-08-2011, 05:32 PM
I don't care about stats.

Watch him play. What does he do that is special?

Does he make guys miss? Once a month, maybe.

Does he have elite speed? Hell no.

Does he have good vision? Again, no. If it's not a draw play with a giant hole, he gains nothing.

He has some yards this year because Charles got hurt and we have no capable backup, and he's the king of garbage time.

Big deal. You can find a Dexter McCluster on the street.

When is McCluster put in a position to succeed behind the 30th ranked run blocking line? Everyone knows how the draw is coming, yet we keep running it. Hell, he only has a prayer on 50% of the draw plays he gets. The other 50% he has defenders in his face right away. He has been crucial when it comes time to move the chains.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
DMC = one of the least elusive players in the league.

I will say no more.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ufdims.jpg

KCrockaholic
12-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Anyone who actually thinks McCluster is ANY kind of threat doesn't watch the Chiefs close enough. McCluster doesn't do anything good for the team, and he has 1 god damn play to his name that is worth a shit. He's not a good player and he's a liability every time he touches the ball. I'd rather have Dion Lewis.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Anyone who actually thinks McCluster is ANY kind of threat doesn't watch the Chiefs close enough. McCluster doesn't do anything good for the team, and he has 1 god damn play to his name that is worth a shit. He's not a good player and he's a liability every time he touches the ball. I'd rather have Dion Lewis.

Like I said last week, people were impressed by his 32-yard rush....all he did was take the handoff and run through a giant hole in a straight line until he ran out of bounds.

Nothing impressive about that play at all.

The only time I've been impressed with McCluster this year was on two catches in OT against the Chargers.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 05:47 PM
On average per attempt, DMC probably gets hit by multiple defenders behind the line as any player in the league.

I'm sure that throws that whole "elusiveness" rating way off.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 05:56 PM
On average per attempt, DMC probably gets hit by multiple defenders behind the line as any player in the league.

Do you remember that play last week where one guy was between DMC and a sure TD, and there was practically half a field for DMC to maneuver? The announcer wouldn't shut up about it.

Defender never came close to missing the tackle.

BossChief
12-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Do you remember that play last week where one guy was between DMC and a sure TD, and there was practically half a field for DMC to maneuver? The announcer wouldn't shut up about it.

Defender never came close to missing the tackle.

It happens.

But, yeah...lets slam the guy for a game that he had over 100 yards with Failco at quarterback.

DMC > Spiller

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 06:12 PM
It happens.

But, yeah...lets slam the guy for a game that he had over 100 yards with Failco at quarterback.

DMC > Spiller

Spiller's elusive rating is twice McCluster's. LMAO

BossChief
12-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Spiller's elusive rating is twice McCluster's. LMAO

Im sure playcalling predictability has nothing to do with that rating.

milkman
12-08-2011, 09:30 PM

I'm not sure why you think McSuckster is anything but the suck.

Claythan is right.
The guy is virtually useless.

ThaVirus
12-08-2011, 09:59 PM
DMC = one of the least elusive players in the league.

I will say no more.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ufdims.jpg

That list is horse shit. Anyone with a brain knows LeSean McCoy is more elusive than anyone else on that list...

ThaVirus
12-08-2011, 10:01 PM
That list is horse shit. Anyone with a brain knows LeSean McCoy is more elusive than anyone else on that list...
They did hit the nail on the head with TJ though. Sweet Christmas! LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 10:03 PM

LMAO

Well, he hasn't forced as many missed tackles as some of the other players. But he touches the ball a lot, so his rating is going to be lower, naturally.

O.city
12-08-2011, 10:06 PM
I thought Albert did a pretty outstanding job against Peppers.

Considering Peppers is a damn monster. He might be the best pure athlete in the NFL given his size.

ThaVirus
12-08-2011, 10:07 PM
LMAO

Well, he hasn't forced as many missed tackles as some of the other players. But he touches the ball a lot, so his rating is going to be lower, naturally.

McCluster has been underwhelming ths far. Outside of being a thorn in the Chargers' side, he hasn't done a whole lot of note. I wonder how much of that has to do with our scheme and QB though. I have no doubts he could be a weapon in a more wide open offense. Imagine what Brees or Rodgers could do with him...

BossChief
12-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I'm not sure why you think McSuckster is anything but the suck.

Claythan is right.
The guy is virtually useless.

I see a kid that the coaches dont quite know exactly how to utilize him at this level, but that is exciting to watch because he gets to full speed so damn fast and also offers you that quick twitch ability.

He just had his first 100 yard game and gets us a lot of first downs while displaying the attitude you want out of one of your players.

Also, remember that we have ran an offense the last two years that doesnt test the deep halves at all and is missing two of its best players. Teams know we cant do it and they are therefore able to predict our offense a lot easier.

Once that changes, DMC (and Moeaki) will have more room to work and should be able to be more effective because of that.

Hammock Parties
12-08-2011, 11:56 PM
24 first downs in 12 games.

A LOT OF FIRST DOWNS, BRO!

ThaVirus
12-09-2011, 12:01 AM
24 first downs in 12 games.

A LOT OF FIRST DOWNS, BRO!
To be fair, our offense doesn't generate a lot of first Downs in the first place. How many times has Bowe been a complete non factor in a game? I refuse to believe its because he isn't open. Our offense just blows because of the scheme and QB limitations.

DBOSHO
12-09-2011, 12:23 AM
That whole "Dexter will break with more than 2 carries a game" prediction is really coming to fruition.

aturnis
12-09-2011, 12:51 AM
By comparison, how to the other offensive players for the Chiefs fair for first downs? Bowe? Breaston? Baldwin?

KCrockaholic
12-09-2011, 12:55 AM
That whole "Dexter will break with more than 2 carries a game" prediction is really coming to fruition.

I thought it was Dexter will "fumble" with more than 2 carries per game.