PDA

View Full Version : Life PAT

Extra Point
12-09-2011, 11:40 PM
We honored the passing of my brother-in-law's Dad and his brother's Dad, today. Pat hired me just to help me out, when I was working thru college. He could have painted Tommy Watson's house without any help, but he hired me, to help him, over that summer. For that, I'm very thankful.

First two things Pat told me: "Put it on, lay it off, and leave it alone." And, "Don't spill the paint." Mincing words? Piss up a rope and don't defy physics.

I didn't come forth to say something about Pat, amongst the small gathering today. Nobody could. This man, amongst others raised during the depression, was revered. Like my Dad, like most US veterans, they served for the greater good.

Greatest generation? That can be argued, but let's not-- Pat wouldn't stand for useless chit-chat.

Pat could satisfy any math teacher, in that he could reduce anything to lowest terms. "Back in the day," the oppositon wore a uniform. My BIL's older brother was subject to the Vienam draft; Pat helped continue Bob's schooling; so long as he earned his deferment, it was good with Pat.

"If you don't honor the uniform, you have no honor."

Here's to Pat.:toast:

Shogun
12-10-2011, 12:26 AM
Good story.

But I have to say

Strong username to thread name ratio

boogblaster
12-10-2011, 12:40 AM
too bad its damn near for nothing anymore .. troops come home to nothing ....

Rain Man
12-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Good story.

But I have to say

Strong username to thread name ratio

I noticed that, too. It's almost like he planned for this when he joined Chiefsplanet.

Condolences to you and the family, EP.

GloryDayz
12-10-2011, 02:16 PM
We honored the passing of my brother-in-law's Dad and his brother's Dad, today. Pat hired me just to help me out, when I was working thru college. He could have painted Tommy Watson's house without any help, but he hired me, to help him, over that summer. For that, I'm very thankful.

First two things Pat told me: "Put it on, lay it off, and leave it alone." And, "Don't spill the paint." Mincing words? Piss up a rope and don't defy physics.

I didn't come forth to say something about Pat, amongst the small gathering today. Nobody could. This man, amongst others raised during the depression, was revered. Like my Dad, like most US veterans, they served for the greater good.

Greatest generation? That can be argued, but let's not-- Pat wouldn't stand for useless chit-chat.

Pat could satisfy any math teacher, in that he could reduce anything to lowest terms. "Back in the day," the oppositon wore a uniform. My BIL's older brother was subject to the Vienam draft; Pat helped continue Bob's schooling; so long as he earned his deferment, it was good with Pat.

"If you don't honor the uniform, you have no honor."

Here's to Pat.:toast:

Good deal.

The greatest generation is that generation who serves - not so much a period in time - and those who stand their watch in harms way... It is a big deal and it does matter. It changes you forever, and usually in a good way.

Salute to my brother in arms... I will have a shot tonight, and it will be for Pat...

burt
12-10-2011, 04:26 PM
:toast: to Pat.

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2011, 04:27 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_ky1bf81QrMw/TVA4aTnF1XI/AAAAAAAABCA/ZCbkDWfMpBo/s320/Author_Julia_Sweeney_SNL_Its_Pat.jpg

listopencil
12-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Here's to the wine we love to drink, and the food we like to eat.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts, let's pray they never meet.
Here's champagne for our real friends And real pain for our sham friends.
And when this life is over, may all of us find peace.

To Pat, I raise my glass and salute.