PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley finally asked about Palko..

petegz28
12-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Question was "What makes you think Palko gives the best chance to win?"

A. "That's a hard question, especially after a game like today but it's a team loss"

The Franchise
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Bye Haley.

petegz28
12-11-2011, 04:11 PM
He went on to say whoever gives them the best chance to win will play. So either Stanzi sucks royal ass or we are getting the royal treatment from Haley.

Sure-Oz
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Bye

Slainte
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Should have Grandma Laura's smart chilled chicken rammed up his ass..

aturnis
12-11-2011, 04:14 PM

A. "That's a hard question, especially after a game like today but it's a team loss"

Finally. Haley throws some blame at Palko...

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Real "Parcells" of you Haley :rolleyes:

Your mentor would've made you run laps for that comment, and flat out said that the QB play was awful.

petegz28
Finally. Haley throws some blame at Palko...

Actually if you listened to it he was more or less not putting any blame on Palko.

DTLB58

The question should be "Why isn't Stanzi being given the opportunity? And will he next week?

petegz28
12-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Palko has been kicked off of every professional team he has played for. WTF would Haley think this guy has anything at all? Nevermind he is the starter now. WTF would he have even beed the backup in the first place?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-11-2011, 04:17 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
Haley said he considered playing Ricky Stanzi today but decided against throwing the rookie into desperate, unwinnable situation.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Real "Parcells" of you Haley :rolleyes:

Your mentor would've made you run laps for that comment, and flat out said that the QB play was awful.

Who gives a shit what the fat, attention whoring fuck would think about anything.

petegz28
The question should be "Why isn't Stanzi being given the opportunity? And will he next week?

There was a similar question and he said they had talked about him playing the 2nd half and left it at that. Well actually he said something about having a situtation with a new guy on the road, bla bla bla

threebag
12-11-2011, 04:18 PM
Didn't want to throw Stanzi to the wolves.

Bump
Todd Reesing would be 100x better than Palko, let's sign him!

petegz28
kentbabb Kent Babb
Haley said he considered playing Ricky Stanzi today but decided against throwing the rookie into desperate, unwinnable situation.

Yeah, he is waiting for when we are up by 30 points before Stanzi can run the draw the Dex

Bump
Didn't want to throw Stanzi to the wolves.

not really! It's not like we don't have 3 damn good WR's

ShowtimeSBMVP
kentbabb Kent Babb
He didn't rule out giving Stanzi a chance in these final three weeks. Palko has been bad enough that, yep, it's probably Stanzi time.

Okie_Apparition
It's not like Revis Island didn't recieve a mild indian burn

Rasputin
12-11-2011, 04:19 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb

So we wont see him next week either :(

kysirsoze
12-11-2011, 04:20 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb
He didn't rule out giving Stanzi a chance in these final three weeks. Palko has been bad enough that, yep, it's probably Stanzi time.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE S

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 04:21 PM
He's saving Stanzi for the Packers because that will be a more winnable game.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
kentbabb Kent Babb

What is desperate about an unwinnable situation?

Either you are desperately trying to win, or you concede unwinnability and pressure comes off.

Iowanian
kentbabb Kent Babb

I sure as hell don't see why he wouldn't.

The season is hopeless.

Bench all of the old guys who won't be here next year and give every young player who needs some experience the rest of the snaps.

Tribal Warfare
Who gives a shit what the fat, attention whoring fuck would think about anything.

Just a musing since Haley wants to be him so much that I bet he has a signed lucky jockstrap by the Tuna that he sniffs then wears on gameday.

12-11-2011, 04:22 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb

Whatever Kent. I hate that flip flopper.

petegz28
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO, that's what I was thinking. Don't put him in during a game where you are down by 30 and pretty much beat and there will be no pressure on him.

Chiefs4TheWin
Posted via Mobile Device

I know right LMAO.

Okie_Apparition
The pack defense is a little less intense
I hope

'Hamas' Jenkins
What is desperate about an unwinnable situation?

Either you are desperately trying to win, or you concede unwinnability and pressure comes off.

Damn that logic. It's a killer.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
kentbabb Kent Babb

So Stanzi won't see the field until after Pioli is fired?

Discuss Thrower
12-11-2011, 04:23 PM
Part of me considered some weird notion that Haley didn't want to play Stanzi with postseason on the line... Like he didn't want the pressure to influence his confidence or something.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Part of me considered some weird notion that Haley didn't want to play Stanzi with postseason on the line... Like he didn't want the pressure to influence his confidence or something.

If Stanzi is that much of a pussy, he wasn't worth even the fifth-rounder we spent on him.

Rasputin
12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Stanzi Powe & Hudson need to play

let them play

let them play

let them play

LET THEM PLAY

Discuss Thrower
12-11-2011, 04:26 PM
If Stanzi is that much of a pussy, he wasn't worth even the fifth-rounder we spent on him.

Don't think of it that way. I don't think it's character/heart/confidence thing as much as it's a decision making thing.

Stanzi did have a tendency to "Favre" it up at Iowa, right?

chiefzilla1501
Just a musing since Haley wants to be him so much that I bet he has a signed lucky jockstrap by the Tuna that he sniffs then wears on gameday.

How has Haley in any way shown he wants to be Tuna? Because he yells? Mangini and McDaniels look like wannabe hardasses. Haley has shown many times that he's willing to reward his players with days off when they work hard.

kysirsoze

Down by 30 at 5-7... that's not exactly a "playoffs on the line" situation.

DeezNutz
Don't think of it that way. I don't think it's character/heart/confidence thing as much as it's a decision making thing.

I don't know if he photographed his own junk or not.

Canofbier
kentbabb Kent Babb

HNNNG

Discuss Thrower
12-11-2011, 04:27 PM
The knock on Stanzi was that he forced bad throws at times?

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
n00bness

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
How has Haley in any way shown he wants to be Tuna? Because he yells? Mangini and McDaniels look like wannabe hardasses. Haley has shown many times that he's willing to reward his players with days off when they work hard.

It's been well documented that he idolizes Bill, and one day awaits that phone call from Parcells to tell him that he's done a good job.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 04:31 PM
It's been well documented that he idolizes Bill, and one day awaits that phone call from Parcells to tell him that he's done a good job.

So? That doesn't mean he coaches like him.

I've seen Mangini and McDaniels try to pull the Parcells crap and their players despised them. Their coaching was a complete joke. Haley has the respect of his players. It seems he has learned the art of yelling when appropriate and rewarding players who work hard for him.

If anybody is stuck on the Parcells idolization it's Pioli. Pioil continues to build an offense and defense identical to Parcells', while Dimitroff tries to get players his coach actually wants.

rico
12-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Yes indeed.... most notably his Junior year.

His comeback heroics were so exciting. The Hawks had to be pretty much blown out of the water before we gave up hope with Stanzi. In fact, Stanzi was even able to come back and win a game or two that seemed like absolute blowouts at the time.

xztop12
12-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that Haley has a hard(slow) time articulating his sentences? Has anyone ever thought that all coaching is is talking to people?

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2011, 04:38 PM
So? That doesn't mean he coaches like him.

I've seen Mangini and McDaniels try to pull the Parcells crap and their players despised them. Their coaching was a complete joke. Haley has the respect of his players. It seems he has learned the art of yelling when appropriate and rewarding players who work hard for him.

If anybody is stuck on the Parcells idolization it's Pioli. Pioil continues to build an offense and defense identical to Parcells', while Dimitroff tries to get players his coach actually wants.

Parcells is a straight shooter, and says what he means, he doesn't pussy foot around an issue like Haley. It's as simple as that, agree or not Haley does try to be like Parcells which I'm not basing on opinion but what others in the league have said.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Are there enough paying Iowa fans to prevent a blackout
If Stanzi is announced the starter?
Not callling it a possible financial move

kysirsoze
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Has anyone ever noticed that Haley has a hard(slow) time articulating his sentences? Has anyone ever thought that all coaching is is talking to people?

Talking to players/coaches and talking to the media are two different things.

FringeNC
12-11-2011, 04:49 PM
At least we didn't give up a 1st and 2nd for Palko. Other than Rivers, absolutely horrid QB play today from AFCW QBs. Embarrassing.

Straight, No Chaser
12-11-2011, 04:57 PM

WTF?

See Blaine Gabbert. Stanzi couldn't carry Blaine's jock strap. That is why he isn't playing him. Don't let the myopic Iowainan's on CP persuade you otherwise...

scho63

I knew he would pull that tired out line of BS out! I called it-it's his standard talking points

MahiMike
Haley finally figured it out. Play Palko. Get better pick. Brilliant!

O.city
12-11-2011, 04:58 PM
The Chiefs 2011 season can be stated in a few words.

Awful qb play (by the Chiefs and the teams they have beaten), Injuries, Poor coaching and Awful qb play.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 05:01 PM
The flying turtle soared pass my treehouse window to the weeping willow across the pond

trndobrd
12-11-2011, 05:08 PM
The knock on Stanzi was that he forced bad throws at times?

Were any of the throws over 20 yards?

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
How long is Orton out for. I have kinda figured that Orton will come back right when they finally give up on Palko and we will just never see Stanzi.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 05:32 PM
It wouldn't be fair to Stanzi. To ask someone being paid to play professional football to actually play on gameday.

However, it is fair to Hali who busts his ass every snap to continue to ask him to play with that intensity for a team that has conceded on the offensive side of the ball.

It's fair to expect Bowe and Baldwin and Breaston to continue to practice daily and run routes hard on Sunday for an offense that has no use for receivers.

htismaqe
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM

It isn't just Iowa fans. The whole town wants to see him play. He couldn't possibly be worse than Tyler.

htismaqe
12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
It wouldn't be fair to Stanzi. To ask someone being paid to play professional football to actually play on gameday.

However, it is fair to Hali who busts his ass every snap to continue to ask him to play with that intensity for a team that has conceded on the offensive side of the ball.

It's fair to expect Bowe and Baldwin and Breaston to continue to practice daily and run routes hard on Sunday for an offense that has no use for receivers.

Exactly.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
My concern is more about a blackout than Stanzi
no offense

trndobrd
12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
It isn't just Iowa fans. The whole town wants to see him play. He couldn't possibly be worse than Tyler.

Yep, let's see what's behind door number three.

threebag
12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Billboard time.

Bump
12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Stanzi Powe & Hudson need to play

let them play

let them play

let them play

LET THEM PLAY

seriously, now that the season definitely doesn't matter, let all the damn rookies play so we evaluate some talent.

O.city
12-11-2011, 05:41 PM
Powe, Stanzi, Hudson need to for sure play. Hell play some young guys in teh secondary too. Play the hot dog guys I don't care.

Iowanian
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM
WTF?

See Blaine Gabbert. Stanzi couldn't carry Blaine's jock strap. That is why he isn't playing him. Don't let the myopic Iowainan's on CP persuade you otherwise...

He beat Gabbert's ass last time they met on the field.....just saying.

NJChiefsFan
Powe, Stanzi, Hudson need to for sure play. Hell play some young guys in teh secondary too. Play the hot dog guys I don't care.

Yeah, I would even let Brown go in for Carr/Flowers on random plays. Let him get some experience.

Straight, No Chaser

Whaaaaaaaa? watching Palko game film has made you incoherent.

Bowe 6 catches, 69 yds.
Breaston 4 catches, 44 yds

Between them 10 of Palko's 16 completions.

Wanna commit Hari Kari? Don't you think you should wait until next week?

The Bad Guy
12-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Yep. He has to go. But if it's McDaniels as the successor, I'm done being a fan.

The Bad Guy
12-11-2011, 05:45 PM
The hilarious thing will be that dillusional fuck saying "We are still in the race for the division" this week with the 13-0 Packers coming into town.

Hopefully Haley can take Cassel with him.

O.city
12-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Maybe we bring in MCD next year, trade our 2nd rounder to denver for Tebow?

Swanman
12-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Whaaaaaaaa? watching Palko game film has made you incoherent.

Bowe 6 catches, 69 yds.
Breaston 4 catches, 44 yds

Between them 10 of Palko's 16 completions.

Wanna commit Hari Kari? Don't you think you should wait until next week?

It appears you can read a box score. Have you actually seen him play? He has a noodle arm, but he makes it for it with his lack of pocket presence and tendency to throw into triple coverage.

58kcfan89
12-11-2011, 06:19 PM

Not sure if that's any better than McDumbshit & Casshole...

BossChief
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
The knock on Stanzi was that he forced bad throws at times?Early in games as a soph and junior, he seemed to throw some bad passes.

More than half of his career picks at Iowa came in the first quarter.

I always compared him to Brett Light because he would throw early picks and find a way ti fight his way back into it and won a really high percentage of them.

Greatexample was his first year at Iowa against Indiana.

He made some dumb mistakes early on that put them in bad positions and Iowa was down big going into the fourth quarter.

Stanzi put the team on his back and threw 4 fourth quarter touchdown passes and we came away with the win.

I've said all along that if we can get him to play relaxed and not making early mistakes, nut keep the fire late in games...we have a fucking player wearing #13

WTF?

Haha

If they get him a coaching staff that can develop his talents, Gabbert might be a better pro qb in a couple years because speaking from a strictly "physical tools" aspect, Gabbert wins, but after 3 years starting for Iowa in the big ten, Stanzi was way ahead of him coming in in term of running a prostyle offense.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Early in games as a soph and junior, he seemed to throw some bad passes.

More than half of his career picks at Iowa came in the first quarter.

I always compared him to Brett Light because he would throw early picks and find a way ti fight his way back into it and won a really high percentage of them.

Greatexample was his first year at Iowa against Indiana.

He made some dumb mistakes early on that put them in bad positions and Iowa was down big going into the fourth quarter.

Stanzi put the team on his back and threw 4 fourth quarter touchdown passes and we came away with the win.

I've said all along that if we can get him to play relaxed and not making early mistakes, nut keep the fire late in games...we have a ****ing player wearing #13

Haha

If they get him a coaching staff that can develop his talents, Gabbert might be a better pro qb in a couple years because speaking from a strictly "physical tools" aspect, Gabbert wins, but after 3 years starting for Iowa in the big ten, Stanzi was way ahead of him coming in in term of running a prostyle offense.

This is what I don't get. Trust me, I really liked Stanzi coming out of college. I was hoping we could steal him away.

I just can't understand why he dropped so low. He has the size, the experience, the arm strength, the accuracy, the intelligence, and the character to be a very good starting QB.

There had to be some really big red flag for a pro style, successful QB like him to plummet in the draft board. I wish I knew what that was.

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
This is what I don't get. Trust me, I really liked Stanzi coming out of college. I was hoping we could steal him away.

I just can't understand why he dropped so low. He has the size, the experience, the arm strength, the accuracy, the intelligence, and the character to be a very good starting QB.

There had to be some really big red flag for a pro style, successful QB like him to plummet in the draft board. I wish I knew what that was.

Some of it was that a lot of teams that needed a QB took them in the first 2 rounds.

Epic Fail 007
12-11-2011, 06:35 PM
BYE U STUBBORN SOB!HAVE FUN COACHING WRS IN CHI TOWN

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM
I remember when the 13-0 Cheifs got taken down by the lowly Bengals
It has nothing to do with this game next Sunday
just rememberint

VonneMarie
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
just rememberint

We were 9-0

jd1020
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
just rememberint

The Chiefs were 9-0.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Some of it was that a lot of teams that needed a QB took them in the first 2 rounds.

It doesn't matter. This wasn't a rich QB class. A seasoned QB from the Big 10 was passed over by a QB from TCU and Nevada, and over Mallett who has a ton of character issues. Teams are always looking for QBs of the future. You can understand a slide of 2 rounds. But for a seasoned veteran from a big 10 school without any major concerns on paper... there had to be something.

I hope he succeeds. I see all the tools for him to do so. But there has to be some kind of major issue that scouts were concerned about.

lewdog
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Haley is a peter puffer. Nothing out of his mouth ever means anything.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
There had to be a 13 involved
Or IT DID NOT HAPPEN

Rams Fan
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
I knew he would pull that tired out line of BS out! I called it-it's his standard talking points

Well, it is true.

46 players lost to the Jets.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
It doesn't matter. This wasn't a rich QB class. A seasoned QB from the Big 10 was passed over by a QB from TCU and Nevada, and over Mallett who has a ton of character issues. Teams are always looking for QBs of the future. You can understand a slide of 2 rounds. But for a seasoned veteran from a big 10 school without any major concerns on paper... there had to be something.

I hope he succeeds. I see all the tools for him to do so. But there has to be some kind of major issue that scouts were concerned about.

Maybe he's an imbecile. Totally bombed his interviews and Wonderlic.

Brock
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Maybe he's an imbecile. Totally bombed his interviews and Wonderlic.

Scored a 30, reportedly.

The Iron Chief
12-11-2011, 06:54 PM
It is possible Palko walked into the showers one day to find Haley & Cassel whipping each other with their towels,without them seeing. Then he snuck back to his locker grabbed his phone peeked around the corner and snapped a couple of pics of them playing hike it to the qb with a bar of soap.

This is the only intelligent explanation I could come up with and I think it is a possible scenario

jspchief
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
Scored a 30, reportedly.Then honestly, I don't know.

He has the tangibles, the experience, the winning record. I don't know why he dropped as far as he did. Perceptions about Iowa's offense?

Chief Roundup
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Why McDaniels has shown that he can put an offense together that Cassel can look good in?
The only way I could think that Pioli would do that is not not give personnel decisions to McDaniels.

How would you all feel about McDaniels, if he didn't have control over player personnel?

FAX
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM
It is possible Palko walked into the showers one day to find Haley & Cassel whipping each other with their towels,without them seeing. Then he snuck back to his locker grabbed his phone peeked around the corner and snapped a couple of pics of them playing hike it to the qb with a bar of soap.

This is the only intelligent explanation I could come up with and I think it is a possible scenario

I have a theory about this in case anybody wants to hear it.

FAX

Chief Roundup
12-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Stanzi looks so damn young too.

Chief Roundup
12-11-2011, 07:02 PM

If he has some leverage like that it would have to go back to their days together in Arizona.

BossChief
12-11-2011, 07:03 PM
I've wondered since the draft if Pioli and his cronies spread a bunch of rumors about some of these guys as a smokescreen.

I can also say that some of the picks he threw early in games were god awful throws that leave you wondering what he was thinking...it happens to quarterbacks in their first year at a new level and he showed the ability consistency improve his game and as a senior was a very good passer that has learned a lot of lessons.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM
Why McDaniels has shown that he can put an offense together that Cassel can look good in?
The only way I could think that Pioli would do that is not not give personnel decisions to McDaniels.

How would you all feel about McDaniels, if he didn't have control over player personnel?

Overrated. Randy Moss made Daunte Culpepper look like an all-pro too.

His offense was unimpressive, in my opinion, in Denver. People ooh and ahh over offensive yards, but he led a world class shitty defense and we're learning now that they're actually pretty good. He's so stuck on passing the ball that he completely fucked up the running game (we're learning now that their running game is actually pretty good).

And sorry, the guy is NOT a motivator. He tries way too hard to be a tough guy and that rings empty with players.

King_Chief_Fan
12-11-2011, 07:07 PM

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

siberian khatru
12-11-2011, 07:08 PM

FAX

I'm all ears.

(And yes, I know I should see a doctor about that.)

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 07:10 PM

FAXHave you heard my theory, Mr. FAX? Ricky Stanzi is actually dead, and the player you see on the sidelines is an evil robot.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Here's Walterfootball's analysis of Stanzi (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rstanzi_greg.php) . They had him going in the top half of the 3rd in a mock from April of last year

jd1020
12-11-2011, 07:17 PM
Here's Walterfootball's analysis of Stanzi (http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2011rstanzi_greg.php) . They had him going in the top half of the 3rd in a mock from April of last year

"Player Comparison: Curtis Painter."

Uh oh.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Draftcountdown.com had Stanzi rated as their #5 QB ahead of Ponder, Dalton, and Kaepernick

htismaqe
12-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Then honestly, I don't know.

He has the tangibles, the experience, the winning record. I don't know why he dropped as far as he did. Perceptions about Iowa's offense?

Iowa's offense helps him, not the other way around. They run a pro-style offense right down to the way they utilize TEs and zone blocking up front. Stanzi should have gone to Washington, the Rat would love him...

htismaqe
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
"Player Comparison: Curtis Painter."

Uh oh.

Yeah, that's crazy.

Purdue's offense is NOTHING like Iowa's. NOTHING.

O.city
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
I've yet to see anything to say why Stanzi dropped to the 5th round?

jspchief
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Stanzi the best QB of 2011? (http://fantasyfootballmetrics.com/Player_News/Content/NFL-Draft_2011_Stanzi_2-23-2011.htm)

jspchief
12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
I've yet to see anything to say why Stanzi dropped to the 5th round?There doesn't seem to be a real answer.

I've read some comments about checking down too much in the senior bowl practices, but his play/demeanor in the actual Senior bowl game was positive.

There were reports that NE and SF were very high on him, yet neither took him.

Brock
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
he had a bad senior bowl and a bad combine.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
There doesn't seem to be a real answer.

I've read some comments about checking down too much in the senior bowl practices, but his play/demeanor in the actual Senior bowl game was positive.

There were reports that NE and SF were very high on him, yet neither took him.

Thats the part that worries me. You can usually point to a very limiting flaw. Height. Weight. Arm strength. Experience. Big game experience. Character.

Stanzi has none of those flaws. These scouts aren't stupid. Something happened in their due diligence that turned them off.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
I think we just may find out

SAUTO
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Thats the part that worries me. You can usually point to a very limiting flaw. Height. Weight. Arm strength. Experience. Big game experience. Character.

Stanzi has none of those flaws. These scouts aren't stupid. Something happened in their due diligence that turned them off.

Surely it would have come out by now if it ead something that big...
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 08:01 PM

Stanzi has none of those flaws. These scouts aren't stupid. Something happened in their due diligence that turned them off.Why was Tom Brady picked in the 6th round?

I'm not saying Stanzi is Brady. But both QBs clearly had fantastic college resumes and fell quite a ways in their respective drafts.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
WTF?

Because Gabbert's played so well that Jacksonville will probably draft another QB this year. DEEEEERRRRRPPPP! Gabbert's spread background is showing itself pretty glaringly this year.

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Why was Tom Brady picked in the 6th round?

I'm not saying Stanzi is Brady. But both QBs clearly had fantastic college resumes and fell quite a ways in their respective drafts.

I'm not saying that late round qbs cant blossom. But 99.99 percent of the time, when scouts slap a 2nd day grade on you they're right.

jspchief
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
I'm not saying that late round qbs cant blossom. But 99.99 percent of the time, when scouts slap a 2nd day grade on you they're right.And they may well be spot on with Stanzi.

But the fact that Tyler Pucking Falco is keeping us from finding out is inexcusable to me.

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 08:46 PM
And they may well be spot on with Stanzi.

But the fact that Tyler Pucking Falco is keeping us from finding out is inexcusable to me.

Thats it exactly. I like what I saw from Stanzi in preseason. Not just the results but his mechanics ect. I am not saying we don't need to draft a QB, but how in the world is Palko allowed to start over anybody.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM

Senior bowl, yes. But if his coaches loved him. Articles came out about how impressive his leadership skills were. Didn't say much, but in the huddle, commanded respect like nobody else. Also liked his work ethic, as he was watching film from practice all week on his own time. Gameday wasn't altogether pretty though...

Also, to fans, and the media who reported, he didn't have a good combine. I remember articles about how he completed very few passes in throwing drills, as if that is what matters. Also remember the commentators stroking him off every time he threw. Talked about how it didn't matter that the pass was incomplete, b/c he doesn't need to worry about WR's not running the routes correctly and his passes were placed perfectly. Also, his drop got a lot of talk, how good his footwork looked. Kept referring back to him when Mallet would go through his drop.

RealSNR
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not saying that late round qbs cant blossom. But 99.99 percent of the time, when scouts slap a 2nd day grade on you they're right.So I'm asking again. Why was Tom Brady not taken until the 6th round?

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Is Stanzi a bit of a gunslinger
that would get him on Haley's 3rd string

Tribal Warfare
12-11-2011, 08:59 PM
So I'm asking again. Why was Tom Brady not taken until the 6th round?

physically immature, the guy was rail thin ran a 5.27 in the 40 so teams were worried if he can take the punishment and how effective his deep ball would be.

htismaqe
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM

He had a GREAT combine if you actually watched it and listened to the analysis.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Stanzi was a projected 3-5 round QB. Not sure where the "dropped" comes from.

At best people were projecting him to squeeeeeeeeeeeek into the 2nd day.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
He had a GREAT combine if you actually watched it and listened to the analysis.

Thank you. Can't find a copy on the net, and deleted the combine off of my dvr...

chiefzilla1501
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM

I'm saying "dropped" as in... given his credentials, his measurables, and his experience in a competitive conference, there is no reason for a QB like that to fall into the 5th. Unless, there was something scouts worried about.

I'd like to Stanzi play too, but man, so many people here are trying to over-inflate his potential. I don't think it gives me any assurance that teams would rather take a flyer on Kaepernick, Mallett, and Locker, but not on Stanzi.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
I'm saying "dropped" as in... given his credentials, his measurables, and his experience in a competitive conference, there is no reason for a QB like that to fall into the 5th. Unless, there was something scouts worried about.

I'd like to Stanzi play too, but man, so many people here are trying to over-inflate his potential. I don't think it gives me any assurance that teams would rather take a flyer on Kaepernick, Mallett, and Locker, but not on Stanzi.

No one is "over-inflating" his potential.

Fucking Palko is our starting QB. There is no air in that floatation device.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 09:18 PM

You mean second round right? He was widely regarded as the 5-7th best QB in the draft. Also widely believed he would be one of the best pros from the class, potential plays too big a roll.

jd1020
You mean second round right? He was widely regarded as the 5-7th best QB in the draft. Also widely believed he would be one of the best pros from the class, potential plays too big a roll.

Widely regarded? WTF?

There are still projections out there. Find me a majority of 2nd round projections.

htismaqe

****ing Palko is our starting QB. There is no air in that floatation device.

BINGO

:bravo:

BossChief
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Widely regarded? WTF?.

I don't think there are gonna be many places out there ranking him anything but the 5-7.

It was an accurate statement.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't think there are gonna be many places out there ranking him anything but the 5-7.

It was an accurate statement.

It really wasn't. Stanzi was generally ranked as a borderline 2nd day QB. Meaning if someone really fell in love with him he could have been drafted before round 4. On draft day the consensus 2nd round QB's were Dalton, Kaepernick, and Mallett. There was a small minority claiming Stanzi to be a borderline 2nd/3rd round QB.

EDIT: Locker and Ponder were in the borderline 1-2, as well.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Up until Palko I supported Haley.

Now I have no fucking clue what he is doing.

Unless he is trying to get fired and maybe he is to get away from Pioli, there is no excuse for playing Palko over Stanzi at this point.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 09:31 PM
So where was Palko projected to go in the draft?

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM

Undrafted European League.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Undrafted European League.

So he is starting because the Euro is up?

doomy3
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM

****ing Palko is our starting QB. There is no air in that floatation device.

Exactly.

Rooster
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM

Now I have no fucking clue what he is doing.

Unless he is trying to get fired and maybe he is to get away from Pioli, there is no excuse for playing Palko over Stanzi at this point.

I think Zorn is the one pushing hard for Palko. You can't trust left handed people.

Al Bundy
12-11-2011, 09:37 PM

Thing is he was one of the if not the highest rated QB recruit coming out of the Pittsburgh area since Dan Marino.

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 09:39 PM
I think Zorn is the one pushing hard for Palko. You can't trust left handed people.

LMAO

Dave Lane
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM

Now I have no ****ing clue what he is doing.

100% with you. This is the biggest head scratcher in history. If he starts Palko the rest of the way and doesn't play Stanzi I'm officially OK with firing him.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 09:46 PM
He wouldn't play Charles or Battle until they stopped turning over "his" football
Stanzi maybe gunslinging it in practice & not to Haley's liking
That does not explanin McCluster however

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:48 PM
He wouldn't play Charles or Battle until they stopped turning over "his" football

When was the last time McCluster turned the ball over?

He fumbled in todays game because McClain thought he was a Bear.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
He was fumbling fairly regularly until recently
First few games this season, I think

BossChief
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM
When was the last time McCluster turned the ball over?

He fumbled in todays game because McClain thought he was a Bear.

We played the Jets today.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I think Zorn is the one pushing hard for Palko. You can't trust left handed people.Hey, now. I'm a lefty. 4321

(I throw righty :))

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
We played the Jets today.

Whoops.

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM

Nor does it explain how his current QB can turn it over 3 times on 3 plays against PIT and still keep his job.

Hypothetically, for Stanzi to be showing in practice that he can't do as good as Palko, he would have to wear his shoes backwards, be punting the ball on his own on 1st down, and then drop-kick DJ in the nuts whenever he gets the chance. Aside from that situation, there is no way Stanzi can be scaring them this much in practice.

Canofbier
12-11-2011, 11:36 PM
The only even remotely palatable explanation to me would be that they like Stanzi enough to not want to throw him into this injured shithole of a team to start his career.

Even if that were the case, it's a lame-ass excuse; any QB worth his salt will lift his team up, at least to an extent. If he somehow ends up as the QBOTF, he's going to need to have that quality anyway.

O.city
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Whats equally as maddeining is that Hudson actually showed he is better than Lilja against the Steelers.

And he is back on the bench because players can't lose spots due to injury.

FAX
12-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Mr. aturnis reminded me about my theory I forgot to tell you guys about ... I put this in another thread, but I can't figure out how to link to it so here is my theory;

I think that the coaching staff is enamored with players whom they deem "professionals" in terms of how the conduct themselves during the week, workout, practice, prepare, etc. I think that's why they stick with guys like Jones and McGraw and Weigman and Lilja and all.

Anyhow, I think that's also why they have stuck with Palko. He probably says and does all the right things from Monday to Saturday which gives the staff some confidence that their coaching will stick. Stanzi, on the other hand, is still learning how to be a "pro" as he acclimates to the NFL.

Until we were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention the vets get the nod because they are viewed as easier to coach, I think that explains why we're playing old, worthless guys instead of young guys with more upside potential.

FAX

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM

Locker was a consensus first rounder, even after his senior year, and the other two guys are "sexier" than Stanzi. Mallet has a hell of an arm and is a big boom/bust guy. While Kaepernick also has a hell of an arm and can run to boot. Stanzi doesn't have a rifle by any means, but he has a more than adequate arm to be a starter in the NFL.

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Does anybody know the official injury time for Orton? I worry that when they do say good-bye to Palko Orton will be back to take over.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Widely regarded? WTF?

There are still projections out there. Find me a majority of 2nd round projections.

I was asking you if you meant he was thought to possibly be able to "squuuuuuuueeeeeeeeek into the second round" not the second day as you wrote.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:48 PM
It really wasn't. Stanzi was generally ranked as a borderline 2nd day QB. Meaning if someone really fell in love with him he could have been drafted before round 4. On draft day the consensus 2nd round QB's were Dalton, Kaepernick, and Mallett. There was a small minority claiming Stanzi to be a borderline 2nd/3rd round QB.

EDIT: Locker and Ponder were in the borderline 1-2, as well.

Did I say anything different than that? He was widely thought to be a 3rd round QB. Didn't say anything to the contrary. Also, I think you need to update your definition of "second day draft pick".

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
He was fumbling fairly regularly until recently
First few games this season, I think

Two of which were bullshit calls and went to review, which each had indisputable evidence and yet, both stood.

12-11-2011, 11:51 PM
The Chiefs were 9-0.

Yep, right after SI made a bit write up on the chiefs.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:53 PM
Did I say anything different than that? He was widely thought to be a 3rd round QB. Didn't say anything to the contrary. Also, I think you need to update your definition of "second day draft pick".

You asked me if I was talking about the 2nd round and then said he was widely regarded at the 5-7th best QB, which would have made him a 2nd round QB.

He was barely a "2nd day," as in 3rd round, QB on most everyone's board.

He was behind Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, Locker, Mallet, Kaepernick, and Dalton. He was 8th at best.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 11:54 PM
& "There is no way Palko can be worse than Cassel"
~I'm just as guilty on this one

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:55 PM
Does anybody know the official injury time for Orton? I worry that when they do say good-bye to Palko Orton will be back to take over.

Not positive. I was optimistic for Stanzi's chances, b/c I looked it up after last weeks game, and it said that you could expect to have that finger immobilized in a splint for a month, but, it seemed to be a to the wire decision for him not to go this week. Think I read he was throwing a little bit in practice this week too.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:56 PM
You asked me if I was talking about the 2nd round and then said he was widely regarded at the 5-7th best QB, which would have made him a 2nd round QB.

Kiper and Mayock both had him 5-7.

Okie_Apparition
12-11-2011, 11:57 PM
pumpkin time

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:58 PM

He was behind Newton, Gabbert, Ponder, Locker, Mallet, Kaepernick, and Dalton. He was 8th at best.

Actually no. Most pundits had Stanzi neck and neck with Dalton as the 5th QB before the draft. I believe a lot of them had Mallet and Kaepernick lower b/c of Mallet's question marks and Kaepernicks playing style.

NJChiefsFan
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
Not positive. I was optimistic for Stanzi's chances, b/c I looked it up after last weeks game, and it said that you could expect to have that finger immobilized in a splint for a month, but, it seemed to be a to the wire decision for him not to go this week. Think I read he was throwing a little bit in practice this week too.

That worries me. Atleast Haley mentioned Stanzi by name this week I guess.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
& "There is no way Palko can be worse than Cassel"
~I'm just as guilty on this one

I'm not. I knew Palko was shit. Even when he played in preseason, he reeked of shit.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Actually no. Most pundits had Stanzi neck and neck with Dalton as the 5th QB before the draft. I believe a lot of them had Mallet and Kaepernick lower b/c of Mallet's question marks and Kaepernicks playing style.

My bad, I think Mallet was ahead of him, it was actually Ponder who was below him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d81dd92e8/Mayock-s-Top-QB-prospects

jd1020
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
My bad, I think Mallet was ahead of him, it was actually Ponder who was below him.

Ponder shot up the draft boards after the Senior Bowl.

Rasputin
12-12-2011, 12:03 AM
Mr. aturnis reminded me about my theory I forgot to tell you guys about ... I put this in another thread, but I can't figure out how to link to it so here is my theory;

I think that the coaching staff is enamored with players whom they deem "professionals" in terms of how the conduct themselves during the week, workout, practice, prepare, etc. I think that's why they stick with guys like Jones and McGraw and Weigman and Lilja and all.

Anyhow, I think that's also why they have stuck with Palko. He probably says and does all the right things from Monday to Saturday which gives the staff some confidence that their coaching will stick. Stanzi, on the other hand, is still learning how to be a "pro" as he acclimates to the NFL.

Until we were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention the vets get the nod because they are viewed as easier to coach, I think that explains why we're playing old, worthless guys instead of young guys with more upside potential.

FAX

I think this is a vallid theory with frutrition Mr. FAX. Unfortunatly it sucks to be us.

FAX
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
I think this is a vallid theory with frutrition Mr. FAX. Unfortunatly it sucks to be us.

Thank you, Mr. KC Tattoo. I, also, believe this to be a pretty darn good theory.

I shall call it, "The Theory Of Sucks To Be Us" in your honor.

FAX

Rasputin
12-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Thank you, Mr. KC Tattoo. I, also, believe this to be a pretty darn good theory.

I shall call it, "The Theory Of Sucks To Be Us" in your honor.

FAX

Cool that makes my day :D

Just to show my undieing love for gluttony to watch the Chiefs I may think about having a non-baked cookie.

chiefzilla1501
12-12-2011, 12:18 AM

It's an interesting theory, but let's dig further. Stanzi has a reputation for being a film room rat and for having very strong character. Jonathan Baldwin has a reputation for being a workout freak, but lazy in practice. Tyson Jackson had a reputation for putting in inconsistent effort.

I don't think it adds up. I think we're looking too deeply into it. He has two choices and neither of them is a great option.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Ponder shot up the draft boards after the Senior Bowl.

Do I care if he shot up? There is another video I can't find where Mayock says he has Stanzi and Dalton neck and neck as the #5, but give the not to Dalton for one reason or another.

Lots of guys shoot up b/c of senior bowl or combine. Doesn't mean shit. More talented players fall all the time b/c of some other guys single good game or workout warrior display at the combine. Does that negate the fact that for the 6 months leading up to the draft, Stanzi was rated higher than Ponder? Ponder's done some good, but a lot of bad. A lot like Gabbert. At least Gabbert has the fact that he has to transition from a spread offense excuse to fall back on.

Rasputin
12-12-2011, 12:26 AM
It's an interesting theory, but let's dig further. Stanzi has a reputation for being a film room rat and for having very strong character. Jonathan Baldwin has a reputation for being a workout freak, but lazy in practice. Tyson Jackson had a reputation for putting in inconsistent effort.

I don't think it adds up. I think we're looking too deeply into it. He has two choices and neither of them is a great option.

Options? To continue to suck with Palko or get to see if Stanzi has something to offer other than sucking?

aturnis
12-12-2011, 12:32 AM
Also, Kiper is the one who said that he thinks Stanzi will have the BEST NFL career of all the quarterbacks in this years draft.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 12:33 AM
ESPN's Mel Kiper believes that Iowa QB Ricky Stanzi "deserves to be a second-round pick."

jd1020
Kipers been wrong before.

chiefzilla1501
Do I care if he shot up? There is another video I can't find where Mayock says he has Stanzi and Dalton neck and neck as the #5, but give the not to Dalton for one reason or another.

Lots of guys shoot up b/c of senior bowl or combine. Doesn't mean shit. More talented players fall all the time b/c of some other guys single good game or workout warrior display at the combine. Does that negate the fact that for the 6 months leading up to the draft, Stanzi was rated higher than Ponder? Ponder's done some good, but a lot of bad. A lot like Gabbert. At least Gabbert has the fact that he has to transition from a spread offense excuse to fall back on.

I really do appreciate your fanaticism for Iowa. Really, I do. But you're putting way too much stock in a bunch of opinions that don't matter. Scouts are getting much better at evaluating QBs, and a poor combine performance or senior bowl does NOT drop your draft stock. It only forces the scouts to pause and take a deeper look. They pour through hours of tape, interview the hell out of the player and people associated with the player, watch their games, etc.... They are triangulating a ton of information before they make a decision. The media "experts" don't have access to nearly this much kind of info.

Now, there are a few teams that might rely too heavily on the combine/senior bowl. But not close to all of them. This isn't about a few teams passing on Stanzi 4 times. This is about all 32 passing on him.

I mean, you have a guy like Mallett who absolutely choked in the Sugar Bowl and has character issues up the wazoo. You have a guy like Kaepernick who's played against B-league competition most of his career. If the only problem was Stanzi's combine/senior bowl, then a team would take a chance on him in the 2nd or 3rd. Falling way down to the 5th indicates that there is some kind of concern about his game that scouts are very leery about.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:40 AM
Kipers been wrong before.

Everyone has been wrong before. This statement proves nothing.

jd1020
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Everyone has been wrong before. This statement proves nothing.

Actually, it proves Kipers been wrong before.

If someone is asking me to side with Kiper or 32 teams 5 times, I'll take my chances with the 32 teams 5 times.

Kiper started ranking prospects for fun. Teams rank prospects for a living.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:43 AM
I really do appreciate your fanaticism for Iowa. Really, I do. But you're putting way too much stock in a bunch of opinions that don't matter. Scouts are getting much better at evaluating QBs, and a poor combine performance or senior bowl does NOT drop your draft stock. It only forces the scouts to pause and take a deeper look. They pour through hours of tape, interview the hell out of the player and people associated with the player, watch their games, etc.... They are triangulating a ton of information before they make a decision. The media "experts" don't have access to nearly this much kind of info.

Now, there are a few teams that might rely too heavily on the combine/senior bowl. But not close to all of them. This isn't about a few teams passing on Stanzi 4 times. This is about all 32 passing on him.

I mean, you have a guy like Mallett who absolutely choked in the Sugar Bowl and has character issues up the wazoo. You have a guy like Kaepernick who's played against B-league competition most of his career. If the only problem was Stanzi's combine/senior bowl, then a team would take a chance on him in the 2nd or 3rd. Falling way down to the 5th indicates that there is some kind of concern about his game that scouts are very leery about.

I agree with this statement, but I think what most are saying is that we know what we have in Palko, we are not in contention for the division or the wildcard. Why don't we find out what we have in someone else?

I am not certain on Stanzi, but I know that if Palko keeps starting, we are wasting time.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:45 AM

Yea it does but how many people have you claimed to be good and have disappointed or vice versa? He sees what he sees and puts what credibility he has on the line for which ever player he wants. He will be wrong, he will be right. But do we have to discredit everyone he thinks will be good because he's been wrong before?

jd1020
12-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Yea it does but how many people have you claimed to be good and have disappointed or vice versa? He sees what he sees and puts what credibility he has on the line for which ever player he wants. He will be wrong, he will be right. But do we have to discredit everyone he thinks will be good because he's been wrong before?

Kiper has as much credibility as me.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:49 AM

If someone is asking me to side with Kiper or 32 teams 5 times, I'll take my chances with the 32 teams 5 times.

I understand the questioning of Stanzi, but aren't you the least bit curious to see what we have? He CAN'T be worse than Palko, because we only manage to score three against any team he is playing until we are blown out of the game.

Ask Kipper what he thinks about Palko and what he thinks about Stanzi and I will bet you he is accurate in who is better.

jd1020
12-12-2011, 12:52 AM
I understand the questioning of Stanzi, but aren't you the least bit curious to see what we have? He CAN'T be worse than Palko, because we only manage to score three against any team he is playing until we are blown out of the game.

Ask Kipper what he thinks about Palko and what he thinks about Stanzi and I will bet you he is accurate in who is better.

Hell yes I'm curious. I'm not questioning Stanzi. Just saying... don't get your hopes up because of what someone like Kiper says.

Pretty sure anyone can be accurate about who is better between Palko and Stanzi.

Here... I'll go first.

Stanzi > Palko.

What do I win?

Rasputin
12-12-2011, 12:53 AM
Why is it? That the Chiefs are the only NFL franchise not to start a rookie QB of choice drafted by that team in 25 years.

jd1020
12-12-2011, 12:54 AM
Why is it? That the Chiefs are the only NFL franchise not to start a rookie QB of choice drafted by that team in 25 years.

Because someone has to be the worst franchise in the league.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2011, 12:56 AM

LOL...no.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:56 AM
Hell yes I'm curious. I'm not questioning Stanzi. Just saying... don't get your hopes up because of what someone like Kiper says.

My hopes are only up because he isn't Palko. But this thread was about why Palko is still the starter so I reacted toward the negaitive comments about him as I did.

I don't get why a fan feels the need to temper another fans expectations of a new player. The pissed off fan just doesn't want a repeat of what is being presented on the field. If hoping Stanzi is better, then so be it. There is much more upside to starting Stanzi than Palko. That is the truth of the matter.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:58 AM

Pretty sure anyone can be accurate about who is better between Palko and Stanzi.

Here... I'll go first.

Stanzi > Palko.

What do I win?

Why do you always post then edit?

Sorter
Kiper has as much credibility as me.

Have to disagree. While Kiper may not have the on field credentials, he puts a lot more time and effort into his draft analysis than most. I also guarantee that Kiper has much more and better film access than that of any fan, while also having the credentials to back up the fato that he has done this for quite some time. Just my opinion.

jd1020
Why do you always post then edit?

Because that's how I roll.

EDIT: Sometimes I think of something to add after I've posted.

EDIT #2: I just did it again.

EDIT #3: FML! I CAN'T STOP!

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 12:59 AM

touche

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 01:00 AM

EDIT: Sometimes I think of something to add after I've posted.

EDIT #2: I just did it again.

EDIT #3: FML! I CAN'T STOP!

LMAO your timing is impeccable

Edit: Yea I just did that. I am going to have to refresh a few times to get the jist of what you are saying.

jd1020
12-12-2011, 01:03 AM
LMAO your timing is impeccable

Edit: Yea I just did that. I am going to have to refresh a few times to get the jist of what you are saying.

I

jd1020
12-12-2011, 01:03 AM
Could

jd1020
12-12-2011, 01:04 AM
jd1020

jd1020
This.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 01:06 AM
I

Could

This.

I'm almost certain you will edit one of these by the time I write this. But I think that would bother you more than these, unless your trying to up your post count.

jd1020
12-12-2011, 01:14 AM
I'm almost certain you will edit one of these by the time I write this. But I think that would bother you more than these, unless your trying to up your post count.

Nah. I'm actually a little embarrassed by my post count. I spend too much time on this fuckin forum. Stupid smart phones.

mdchiefsfan
12-12-2011, 01:18 AM
Nah. I'm actually a little embarrassed by my post count. I spend too much time on this ****in forum. Stupid smart phones.

Then I am sure you don't want to post the way you just mentioned. That would be tiresome, especially on a phone.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:20 AM

Not really. I think you're too dismissive of the early run on QB's. The fact that most teams who were going to take a QB, had taken one, and very few Qb's taken were taken purely as backups. Not to mention the shockingly low # of QB's taken in the draft each and every year.

chiefzilla1501
12-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Not really. I think you're too dismissive of the early run on QB's. The fact that most teams who were going to take a QB, had taken one, and very few Qb's taken were taken purely as backups. Not to mention the shockingly low # of QB's taken in the draft each and every year.

No, I'm not being dismissive of the early run.

He's a 5th round pick. Period. It's not like Kaepernick, Locker, and Mallett are can't miss prospects who every team would start in a heartbeat. They're decent prospects with some fundamental flaws. Stanzi with his experience, measurables, and character should have run circles around those guys. He didn't. He was ranked distantly behind those guys. Who knows, if not for KC, he could have fallen even a round or two lower.

I don't know why he fell that low. But clearly 32 teams had something to be concerned about. I'm sorry, you have a very, very, very, very hard time selling me that teams weren't even thinking about the guy as even a backup. There are lots of teams with aging or injury-prone starters and other teams like Washington and Cleveland who have anything but surefire starters. If he was a wanted commodity, he would have been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round... at least.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:28 AM

Your an idiot. Our discussion wasn't about where teams had the QB's rated. It was about where the pundits had them rated. Kiper and Mayock had Stanzi rated top 5-7, and generally, most other media pundits follow suit behind those two...

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:31 AM
LOL...no.

Lol yes. At least, as I corrected in a following post, Mallet was above Stanzi, and Ponder was below. video evidence above. lol lol. and lol.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:38 AM

He's a 5th round pick. Period. It's not like Kaepernick, Locker, and Mallett are can't miss prospects who every team would start in a heartbeat. They're decent prospects with some fundamental flaws. Stanzi with his experience, measurables, and character should have run circles around those guys. He didn't. He was ranked distantly behind those guys. Who knows, if not for KC, he could have fallen even a round or two lower.

I don't know why he fell that low. But clearly 32 teams had something to be concerned about. I'm sorry, you have a very, very, very, very hard time selling me that teams weren't even thinking about the guy as even a backup. There are lots of teams with aging or injury-prone starters and other teams like Washington and Cleveland who have anything but surefire starters. If he was a wanted commodity, he would have been drafted in the 3rd or 4th round... at least.

You also dismiss the win now, pick for immediate need, let an aging oline go un-replenished mentality of the NFL. Backup QB pick is a luxury and you know it. Look at the teams who did so. NE, NYJ, and Houston. Those are the only teams who took a QB guaranteed to be a backup. They took them in the 5th, 6th and 7th. Jets are arguable also, knowing they aren't altogether happy with Sanchez.

Everyone else will pick up the best of the rest as undrafted free agents.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 05:18 AM

Wow. Even after that performance, you are still on Haley's jock.

Even after he refuses to give Stanzi any playing time. Even after he refused to play Gaither and Gaither is one of the reasons the Chargers offense is looking better. He is actually one of the reasons they have a shot at the division.

Yet, you still back up this guy?

I guess the offensive line still sucks with Orton in there too, since he got hurt on the very first snap he took.

Hey, at least Haley has you. Obviously, you can't quit him.

BoneKrusher
12-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Haley should be fired.
Deion Sanders talking about the Packers going undefeated last night and he said the Chiefs are the only road game the Packers play and they've already packed the U-Haul.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 07:47 AM

I've documented this before but I think you're going to see a new trend with QBs going forward - namely that nobody will draft them in the 3rd or 4th round.

Call it the Tom Brady Effect is you will.

But from now on, you're going to see teams take their QBotF in the 1st or 2nd and then you won't see anymore picked until the developmental guys go on the last day.

Teams are starting to realize what we already know - that a high draft pick is about 1000x more likely to win a Super Bowl. The rest of the guys that have are "Tom Brady's".

3rd-round picks are too valuable to waste on a QB that will never amount to anything.