PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Ten Things About Today's Game

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Ten Things About Today's Game

10. Last week I laughed my ass off most of the game, because I couldn't believe an NFL team would actually lose a game to Tyler Calabaloo. This week I laughed a lot too. I laughed because nobody wants to see a grown man cry. Today is what all but the most blindly optimistic Red Kool-Aid drinkers expected: another Meadowlands Butt-kicking. The Chiefs almost never win in New York, whether they play the Giants or Jets. Believe it or not, this game wasn't as bad from a lopsided score standpoint as the Bills game; or the Lions game; or the Miami game; or the New England game. It was, however, the fifth blowout loss. Now that we have an undefeated Green Bay team looming, KC will assuredly have a losing record. Not only that, but two of our "wins" were gifts: The Halloween Phyllis Fumble and the Chicago Hail Mary could easily turn KC into a three win team right now. And that is closer to who they really are. Stick that in your "four quarters of a season" pipe and smoke it, Haley.

9. You can't blame Calabaloo for this. Today's performance was a "thrown to the wolves" special. It reminded me of last summer when Ned Yost sent Vin Mazzaro in against the Cleveland Indians and let him give up nine runs in less than an inning. Calabaloo doesn't call the plays. He doesn't run the football. He doesn't pick up the blitz. He doesn't drop the touchdown pass. He is -and this is saying something- quite possibly the worst starting QB the Chiefs have ever trotted out, and I'm including Croyle, Thigpen, Fuller and Blackledge in that mix. He simply doesn't have NFL talent. In 2012 he should only be allowed in Arrowhead if he buys a ticket. In fact, only let him in if he buys a season ticket. He should have to suffer just as much as all the other season ticket holders. But it's not his fault. The fault lies with those who thought this guy could be an effective NFL QB in a back-up role. I can't imagine that Brokie Croyle would be this bad. Then again, Brokie probably would have done a Kyle Orton and cracked like a taco shell on his first hit. At least his wife could fill up a tight Chiefs turtleneck. Gosh, I miss her. Calabaloo is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

8. I was watching Barry Richardson today. How he could be considered better than Gaither is hard to fathom. Three times the Jets blitzed two guys right at him. In all three cases, he stopped NEITHER guy. How can this team be so weak at such a critical position, and let an allegedly serviceable guy like Gaither -who was crap for us but seems to play just fine for the Chargers- go? Again, this situation at tackle is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

7. Dwayne Bowe dropped a sure touchdown in the fourth quarter. He can't even score in garbage time. He is back sliding. Another Royals comparison: Bowe is a lot like Zack Greinke. He has serious boredom and concentration issues when playing out the string. Million dollar talent with a ten cent head. He should thank The Clarks for signing his paycheck this week.

6. The Chiefs have scored ten or less points in seven games this year. That alone should get Bill Muir fired mid-season. But it's not Muir's fault. He's not really calling the plays. I'm not really sure what he's doing besides fighting off the afternoon sleepies and trying to figure out how the mic on his new-fangled headset works. KC is ranked 27th in team offense. It's hard to believe there's five teams worse, but that's the case. Chiefs average 13.6 points per game, only St. Louis and Jacksonville are worse, and Jax scored 41 today, so they may be on the road to improvement.

5. KC's offense hasn't changed much since Cassel's departure. KC still throws four yard pass routes on 3rd and 8. They still run McCluster between the tackles. They still give Thomas Jones the ball and expect more than a two yard result. This team has three rushing TDs this year. Three. You would think since they have such a glaring weakness at QB the ground game would take on a greater emphasis. You would think that since McClain was brought in as a power blocking fullback, and you have a big grinding back like Battle, you could play Martyball, and at least give the defense a blow. KC only rushed for 65 yards today, and most of that was in garbage time in the fourth quarter. Their only "offensive identity" is how proficient they are at going three and out. It's impressive if you sincerely appreciate abject failure.

4. The defense took a step back today as well. Once McGraw went out and Slappy Pistachio came in, it all went to Hell -as usual. We miss Eric Berry more than words can say. This defense could not stop simple screen passes, or passes to backs in the flat, or crossing routes, or bootlegs, or quarterback draws. These are all routine NFL plays. On Sanchez's first TD he could have walked into the end zone, and stopped to scratch himself two or three times on the way. Demorrio Williams is still looking for his jock. The Jets hadn't scored 28 points in a half in more than ten years. I assumed the defense would mail it in at some point during the season, that's exactly what they did in the first half of this one. Only Hali and DJ played their usual game. Tyson Jackson had six tackles today. So if you must find a bright spot, maybe that's it.

3. Let's also talk about the Jets first TD in the second half: a 90-yard drive with more than 80 of those yards in penalties. It was all started by Javon Belcher's incredibly stupid roughing the passer penalty. Last week after the Bears game a bunch of CPers were singing Belcher's praises. Today he was his real self. He had two tackles, and this incredibly stupid, drive sustaining roughing penalty. After that, more stupid defensive penalties, including an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the head coach. Some here on the CP have said that the pass interference penalties levied after Haley's gaffe were the refs rubbing Haley's nose in it. Maybe. I'll let you in on a little NFL secret: Winning teams get home cooking calls at home. Losing teams on the road get jobbed. That's the way the league works. If you don't like it, beat somebody on the road, and gain some respect. Getting jobbed by refs is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

2. Chiefs had eleven penalties for 128 yards. Jets were penalized four times for 22 yards. The team totally lost its composure in the second half. McClain getting an unsportsmanlike penalty when he's not even in the game was Raiders-like stupid. Of course, by that point the blowout was on and it didn't really matter. The team was a laughing stock from the get go today. Ian Eagle was laughing at them. Fouts was laughing at them. Rex Ryan was laughing at them. The onside kick was a total joke. The safety was a joke. Casey Weigman should retire tomorrow. I think the team has gone full circle under Coach Haley. Today's Chiefs looked a lot like December in Herm's last year. The Chiefs being the butt of the joke is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

1. I remember back in the 70's the Chiefs welcomed the then world champion Steelers to Arrowhead. The Steelers totally crushed the Chiefs 45-3. I'm expecting the same type of game next week. Half (or more) of the stands will be Cheeseheads. Palko will start. Game will be over by halftime. Maybe Orton will be ready by then, but I'm sure he'll be content to make his two million bucks holding a clipboard. Maybe they'll run the Wildcat. Most likely they'll get clobbered 45-3. I'm sure Coach Haley will say something like "Our guys are a prideful bunch...we came to play, Green Bay was just better than us today." All I can say to that is, the Chiefs going from first to worst in the AFC West is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

BTW: Denver won again today. AFC West Race is over.

Reerun_KC
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the recap. Didn't even turn on the game. Went and cut firewood.

spanky 52
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Good summation as usual. Heads need to roll and soon.

Saleenman607
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Same old Chiefs.

They were not that good last year and they're even worse this year.

How you could pay for those seats confounds me. Not you personally Mr. gblowfish.

This so-called team needs to be flushed and start with the owners.

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 06:34 PM
Clark says "I had a good year, quit your crying"

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:36 PM
7. Dwayne Bowe dropped a sure touchdown in the fourth quarter. He can't even score in garbage time. He is back sliding. Another Royals comparison: Bowe is a lot like Zack Greinke. He has serious boredom and concentration issues when playing out the string. Million dollar talent with a ten cent head. He should thank The Clarks for signing his paycheck this week.
5 seasons in the NFL and he's had shit QBs throwing to him the whole time.

Stupid fucking post.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 06:37 PM

Stupid ****ing post.

Yeah, obviously that dropped TD was all Palko's fault.

Munson
12-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Good write up. I agree on everything. Barry Richardson is the worst pass blocker in the NFL, Weigman is finished, Palko is a failure for the ages, and that onside kick attempt was the worst and most pathetic kick I've ever seen in my entire life. The only positive thing is that it is now time to see what Stanzi can do.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Yeah, obviously that dropped TD was all Palko's fault.LMAO Like that even mattered.

Bowe is the LEAST of this teams problems.

GloryDayz
12-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Clark says "I had a good year, quit your crying"

I guess if I had $30M coming my way free-and-clear I'd be a little less worried. But I don't, so I hope Hunt's plane rapidly loses altitude on his way back to Fiji tonight!

http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f181/67468d1247101573-amazing-plane-crash-position-dr.jpg

Saleenman607
12-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Good write up. I agree on everything. Barry Richardson is the worst pass blocker in the NFL, Weigman is finished, Palko is a failure for the ages, and that onside kick attempt was the worst and most pathetic kick I've ever seen in my entire life. The only positive thing is that it is now time to see what Stanzi can do.

Trust me, these nit-wits running the team wont do it.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
LMAO Like that even mattered.

Bowe is the LEAST of this teams problems.

Scoring more than 10 points a game matters. Catching the ball matters when you're the number one receiver. Setting an example under difficult conditions matters. Building character matters. Fighting back matters.

True, Bowe isn't the biggest problem the Chiefs have. But he's not helping matters with plays like that.

MIAdragon
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM

Stupid ****ing post.

:facepalm:

Bwana
12-11-2011, 06:45 PM

Stupid ****ing post.

Umm, but in this case it's a true post. He had a bad game and shit the bed in the endzone.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Scoring more than 10 points a game matters. Catching the ball matters when you're the number one receiver. Setting an example under difficult conditions matters. Building character matters. Fighting back matters.

True, Bowe isn't the biggest problem the Chiefs have. But he's not helping matters with plays like that.My point is, its a stupid thing to even comment on, unless it would have tied/won the game.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
The thing that really chaps me about the salary cap is this: When the stadium renovations were under way, the Hunt family made a big deal out of donating $100 million to the improvements. Most of that money went to stuff that only the fat cats enjoy, like suites, and private clubs and such. He's been under the cap enough in the last three years to get that money back. So that so called "generous donation" has been recouped by going cheap on players the last three years. That pisses me off.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
My point is, its a stupid thing to even comment on, unless it would have tied/won the game.

So dropping a TD pass doesn't matter?

I don't give a fuck if the score is 72-0.

You don't ignore something like that.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
Umm, but in this case it's a true post. He had a bad game and shit the bed in the endzone.I would care if those 6 points would have mattered.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:48 PM
So dropping a TD pass doesn't matter?LMAO Not in a game like this.

jd1020
LMAO Not in a game like this.

Your defense of Bowe is commendable.

BigMeatballDave
So dropping a TD pass doesn't matter?

I don't give a fuck if the score is 72-0.

You don't ignore something like that.LOL Okay...

Bwana
12-11-2011, 06:49 PM
The thing that really chaps me about the salary cap is this: When the stadium renovations were under way, the Hunt family made a big deal out of donating $100 million to the improvements. Most of that money went to stuff that only the fat cats enjoy, like suites, and private clubs and such. He's been under the cap enough in the last three years to get that money back. So that so called "generous donation" has been recouped by going cheap on players the last three years. That pisses me off.

Yes he has, and it shows.

gblowfish
Guys, you can't argue with a sick mind. He has a mancrush on Bowe. Let him go whack off on his 82 Jersey....

jd1020
LOL Okay...

I bet you were saying this same shit when Bowe dropped the game winning pass against Oakland last year.

"Didn't matter. We were destined to lose."

He's always had a problem with drops.

Bwana
12-11-2011, 06:51 PM
I would care if those 6 points would have mattered.

Would we have won the game if stone hands would have caught the cup cake pass, no. That's not the point George was trying to make, Dave.

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Your defense of Bowe is commendable.Its not so much me defending him, as it is me wondering why that drop is even worthy of discussion.

He catches it, the final is 37-17. Awesome...

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Guys, you can't argue with a sick mind. He has a mancrush on Bowe. Let him go whack off on his 82 Jersey....LMAO

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I wonder just how much Hunt makes off this team and community. Players get less than 50 percent of gross revenues and Hunt keeps $30,000,000 of that. Then he makes money on the other $120,000,000 or more that's his half plus $30,000,000 from the players. The amount must be phenomenal

Estron
12-11-2011, 06:54 PM
This so-called team needs to be flushed and start with the owners.

Shred of realism here, please. It is flat-out impossible to fire an owner.

the Talking Can
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM
good stuff

spot on:

the joke is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

jd1020
Its not so much me defending him, as it is me wondering why that drop is even worthy of discussion.

How can you say you aren't defending him when you are undermining the situation?

GloryDayz

Thank you... I've been trying to make that point for years.. He's a BS snake in the grass and pain in the ass! Like I said, his family are a bunch of money hungry swindlers. Nothing more. Yeah they're rich, but they're assholes too. The whole family..

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
I wonder just how much Hunt makes off this team and community. Players get less than 50 percent of gross revenues and Hunt keeps $30,000,000 of that. Then he makes money on the other $120,000,000 or more that's his half plus $30,000,000 from the players. The amount must be phenomenal

This is why his wife looks like this, and ours don't.

pr_capone
12-11-2011, 06:57 PM
My point is, its a stupid thing to even comment on, unless it would have tied/won the game.

Bowe = Randy Moss

All world talent, makes stupid mistakes.

blow made a valid point. STFU.

FAX
12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
I have about 32 things about today's game. None of them are particularly positive, though.

One of my things is that the officiating was an embarrassment to the league. We deserve an apology and some Häagen-Dazs Cherry Vanilla ice cream and a couple of compensatory picks for that ass-rape.

I'll never forget that PI call on Lewis for as long as I live. That, my friends, was one of the most horsesh*t calls of all times.

Normally, I tread lightly when it comes to bitching about the refs (with the sole exception of holds on Hali), but this was one for the books. If I see a zebra tonight, he's going down.

FAX

PRIEST
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Yes sir pisses me off , Clark recouped all his money plus

1ChiefsDan
12-11-2011, 07:00 PM

6. The Chiefs have scored ten or less points in seven games this year. That alone should get Bill Muir fired mid-season.

2. Casey Weigman should retire tomorrow.

The only things I disagree with.

Neither should have been with the team to start the season.

REDHOTGTO
12-11-2011, 07:13 PM
glad i went & played golf

scho63
12-11-2011, 07:16 PM

8. I was watching Barry Richardson today. It is an ugly display to witness and I almost think Haley wanted Puke-o killed by having BR still at RT

7. Dwayne Bowe dropped a sure touchdown in the fourth quarter. His drops have become too frequent-he is now third in drops after today

6. The Chiefs have scored ten or less points in seven games this year. Haley's a smart offensive coach? HUH???

5. KC's offense hasn't changed much since Cassel's departure. Small correction-since Weis' departure.

As always, your summation is excellent.
:clap:

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Nothing more. Yeah they're rich, but they're assholes too. The whole family..

Actually they are pretty nice people. Of course you probablly have never met them in your life.

dirk digler
12-11-2011, 07:20 PM
I had to miss the game today lucky me I guess. But I was wondering did I hear right that Haley melted down on the sideline and got himself a penalty? And what happened for him to do that?

jd1020
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
I had to miss the game today lucky me I guess. But I was wondering did I hear right that Haley melted down on the sideline and got himself a penalty? And what happened for him to do that?

I don't think anyone knows but it was unsportsmanlike conduct, so he probably snapped on the bullshit that the refs were spewing during the epic 81 yards the refs donated to the Jets on a TD drive.

dirk digler
12-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I don't think anyone knows but it was unsportsmanlike conduct, so he probably snapped on the bullshit that the refs were spewing during the epic 81 yards the refs donated to the Jets on a TD drive.

nice. Thanks jd.

Coogs
12-11-2011, 07:34 PM
If you don't like it, beat somebody on the road, and gain some respect.

Sadly, 3 of our 5 wins have came on the road. Indy, Oakland, and Chicago.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-11-2011, 07:40 PM
well, you could say it caught him off guard being within reach !

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-11-2011, 07:42 PM

Her head is too big !

milkman
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM

Your wife apparently doesn't visit the planet.

DRU
12-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Its not so much me defending him, as it is me wondering why that drop is even worthy of discussion.

Because he's inconsistent and always has been. Also, because this team is about to make a big decision about him and plays like that make it tough (or easy, depending on how you look at it.)

He either quit, wasn't concentrating, doesn't care, or really was giving it his all. In any case, it hit him in the hands, fell to the ground and cost the team 7 points. He's considered our #1 receiver and you don't think this resembles something worth mentioning..??

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Excellent summary George.

I think Haley is as good as gone and rightfully so. The only time the offense has looked good in 3 seasons is when someone else was running it (Weis). Ultimately he just doesnt win enough and his teams get blown out way too often. My guess is Pioli keeps Cassel and thinks another coach will get more out of him than Haley ever could.

George, maybe you can tell Haley next week again "You deserve to be fired" and see what his response will be this year. : )

GloryDayz
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Actually they are pretty nice people. Of course you probablly have never met them in your life.

LOL, nope! And I'm good with that. There are tons of dumbass rich super-rich folks who I've never met, but I'm sure folks think they're swell too!!

So next time you're doing tea with them, tell them I'd never serve with them - they're epic losers - all of them... They're might be bigger losers in the world, but in their given profession they are leaders in the way of losing! and the part of their family who did win, isn't around anymore, so they can't even claim they're part of that either.

And don't think giving some hand-outs here and there means they're good people. They are greedy and they suck!

trndobrd
12-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Because he's inconsistent and always has been. Also, because this team is about to make a big decision about him and plays like that make it tough (or easy, depending on how you look at it.)

He either quit, wasn't concentrating, doesn't care, or really was giving it his all. In any case, it hit him in the hands, fell to the ground and cost the team 7 points. He's considered our #1 receiver and you don't think this resembles something worth mentioning..??

Bowe extended, got the ball, brought it down keeping both feet in, then lost the ball when his back and head landed flat on the ground. Is Bowe capable of making the circus catch? Sure, he 'should have' been able to hold on. But to say that he quit or doesn't care is patently unfair and misguided. The problem is that our offensive success shouldn't depend on recievers making circus catches when they are wide open without a defender within 10 yards in any direction.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Bowe extended, got the ball, brought it down keeping both feet in, then lost the ball when his back and head landed flat on the ground. Is Bowe capable of making the circus catch? Sure, he 'should have' been able to hold on. But to say that he quit or doesn't care is patently unfair and misguided. The problem is that our offensive success shouldn't depend on recievers making circus catches when they are wide open without a defender within 10 yards in any direction.

That should not have been made into a "circus catch." Bowe had a good 3 yards to the back of the EZ that he didn't use. It should have been a simple reach up and land on 2 feet.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 09:33 PM

I just went back and watched the play. The Chiefs called their last time out to set up the play. It was 4th and 10 from the 13 yardline. Palko had decent protection. Bowe had three feet to the back of the end zone. He was wide open. The ball was above his head, but not a "circus catch." If he pulls the ball in, he scores. He lost it when he hit the ground. His feet were in by a mile. It's a TD if he holds the ball. No Jet player knocks it out of his hands. He flat dropped it. The play is attached.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Last week after the Bears game a bunch of CPers were singing Belcher's praises. Today he was his real self.

This is a low blow.

Belcher has had a solid year. He's not a weakness.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 09:36 PM
This is a low blow.

People only nitpick guys like him because we are losing. I continue to maintain that QB and Head Coach (The two most important pieces of any team) are the two biggest problems with this team.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 09:40 PM
This is a low blow.

I said last week I thought Belcher had an OK year, but he's got holes in his game. He is not a smart player, he is not a versatile linebacker. He is an adequate run stopper, poor blitzer, doesn't force fumbles, can't pass cover, misses QBs when he does blitz, and gets stupid penalties. He was a liability today. Other weeks he has been fine in his role. Today he hurt the team, and he should know better.

crossbow
12-11-2011, 09:41 PM
1) How could anyone in their right mind go into this season thinking Richardson is a serviceable solution at Right Tackle? There had to be somebody...anybody in free agency that could have challenged him for that position and the Chiefs did nothing about it.

2) Why isn't their 2nd round picked lineman who was drafted as a center playing instead of a 40 year old guy?

As far as Haley goes: He isn't dealing with the stress well at all. Starting with last year's Denver game he has lost his temper more and more the longer he has this job. I don't know if he is angry because of personnel decisions forced on him or what the deal is but he looks like he is ready to go postal. Somebody is driving off or firing all of these offensive coordinators. Don't know where the problem is but it needs to get fixed and the Chiefs need to get some stability in place soon.

Last comment: I don't see these big problems solved soon. This team is going stay down for a long time. I hope I am wrong but brace yourselves for a decade of being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2011, 09:42 PM
I just thought it was a low blow. You can have a top 10 D with a guy like Belcher in the middle next to an elite player like DJ.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Last comment: I don't see these big problems solved soon. This team is going stay down for a long time. I hope I am wrong but brace yourselves for a decade of being the laughing stock of the NFL.

LMAOLMAO

Why are people so fucking negative about the future? Jeez.

We have lots of talent. We need a QB and a HC.

trndobrd
12-11-2011, 09:49 PM
That should not have been made into a "circus catch." Bowe had a good 3 yards to the back of the EZ that he didn't use. It should have been a simple reach up and land on 2 feet.

He had to jump up and fully extend to reach the ball.

Extra Point
12-11-2011, 09:50 PM
LMAOLMAO

Why are people so ****ing negative about the future? Jeez.

Oh, that's rich!

KC never knows how to defend a bootleg!

I'd be good with Emmitt Thomas as the DC. For that matter, I'd be good with ET as the HC!

What have we got to lose? More games? ROFL!!!!

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:51 PM
He had to jump up and fully extend to reach the ball.

He had to do all of that because of his own damn self. The ball was not that high and if he was farther back he might not have had to leave his feet at all.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 09:52 PM
LMAOLMAO

I agree with this.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree with this.

Add a GM, too.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Add a GM, too.

Reasoning?

Because of his last 2 drafts? Because of his constant passing up of QB's better than what we have? Because he is unwilling to pay for talent he doesn't write the checks for?

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 09:56 PM
1) How could anyone in their right mind go into this season thinking Richardson is a serviceable solution at Right Tackle? There had to be somebody...anybody in free agency that could have challenged him for that position and the Chiefs did nothing about it.

2) Why isn't their 2nd round picked lineman who was drafted as a center playing instead of a 40 year old guy?

As far as Haley goes: He isn't dealing with the stress well at all. Starting with last year's Denver game he has lost his temper more and more the longer he has this job. I don't know if he is angry because of personnel decisions forced on him or what the deal is but he looks like he is ready to go postal. Somebody is driving off or firing all of these offensive coordinators. Don't know where the problem is but it needs to get fixed and the Chiefs need to get some stability in place soon.

The problems u mention are both Head coaching problems. He's the one who ultimately decides who plays and who sits. I think the Chiefs could be fixed pretty quick if they get he right Hc and staff in here. Look how quickly the 49ers got it turned around.

notorious
12-11-2011, 09:57 PM
If this team gets a QB they will rape faces every Sunday.

Dartgod
This is a low blow.

And contrary to the opinions of a bunch of knee-jerk reactionaries in this thread, neither is Bowe.

dirk digler
LMAOLMAO

2 new QB's, Plus 2 starting OL's, competent backup OL's, starting MLB, competent backup TE, 2 new RB's, starting NT, starting DE, competent backup safeties

Bugeater
LMAOLMAO

Yeah, just the two pieces that are the most difficult to find.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Pioli's not going anywhere. He's only three years into his five year plan.

Clark Hunt's Season Check List:

1) Did We Make Money? Yes? No?
2) Is my team still in the NFL? Yes? No?
3) See question one..

crossbow
12-11-2011, 09:58 PM
LMAOLMAO

Why are people so ****ing negative about the future? Jeez.

The most important player on the team is the QB and we don't have one. The coach acts like a roadrage hillbilly. The team is getting destroyed by average or better teams. You can have great skilled players but if your offensive line is as stout as orange cones that can't even slow a blitz down from 90 to 80 miles per hour then you got big problems. People on this board are frustrated because they see these problems every weak and nothing changes.

That is the point: Nothing changes from weak to weak and we can't understand why these million dollar managers refuse to acknowledge it. They bring in a legitamate QB (Orton) and call a bonehead play that gets his hand broken. These guys are retarded. Why not let him start the second half and get into to a bit? Why put him out there when the entire northern hemisphere knows you are going to call a freeking pass play? Thats not bad luck that is asking for it and getting it jammed up your ass full bore.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Reasoning?

Everyone deserves a lot of blame for the overall state of the franchise, starting with Clark. Pioli's charges: Cassel, '09 draft, Haley, allowing the clusterfuck at OC, a mediocre '10 draft, lack of insight into FA acquisitions...because who really needs a NT or RT, etc.

dirk digler
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Pioli's not going anywhere. He's only three years into his five year plan.

Clark Hunt's Season Check List:

1) Did We Make Money? Yes? No?
2) Is my team still in the NFL? Yes? No?
3) See question one..

lol pretty much. Fuck Clark

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Reasoning?

Because of his last 2 drafts? Because of his constant passing up of QB's better than what we have? Because he is unwilling to pay for talent he doesn't write the checks for?

I'm sure he has in hand in who plays each week too.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM

Horrendous logic.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Everyone deserves a lot of blame for the overall state of the franchise, starting with Clark. Pioli's charges: Cassel, '09 draft, Haley, allowing the cluster**** at OC, a mediocre '10 draft, lack of insight into FA acquisitions...because who really needs a NT or RT, etc.

So Pioli got Cassel. Who was he suppose to get? Sanchez? Pretty sure the majority, if not everyone, agrees Sanchez is worse than Cassel. Freeman? He was awful his first year, good his second, awful again this year. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Freeman leads the league in INTs after todays game.

Everyone wants to blame Pioli for Cassel. Fair. But come up with a QB he should have taken since he's been here in KC.

trndobrd
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM
I just went back and watched the play. The Chiefs called their last time out to set up the play. It was 4th and 10 from the 13 yardline. Palko had decent protection. Bowe had three feet to the back of the end zone. He was wide open. The ball was above his head, but not a "circus catch." If he pulls the ball in, he scores. He lost it when he hit the ground. His feet were in by a mile. It's a TD if he holds the ball. No Jet player knocks it out of his hands. He flat dropped it.

Damn right he was wide open! No Jets players were even in the endzone. Of course no Jet player touched the ball, I didn't say one did. Palko had all the time in the world to thow a decent pass. Palko Failed Miserably. An NFL quarterback would have thrown a pass that did not require the reciever that wide open to stop, jump, fully extend and land with the ball. In fact, other than one short pass to Battle, I don't recall seeing Palko hit a single receiver in stride all day.

Again, it's fair to say that Bowe should have come down with that ball. Not coming down with a jump ball is not the equivalent of quitting.

If you want to believe that the underlying problem with the Chiefs offense is that the Chiefs receivers aren't making enough spectacular catches, more power to you.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Add a GM, too.

Yup. His only shoe in was Berry who was a no brainer and hopefully recovers.

Every other high pick is a bust or questionable at this point.

Only thing he has done is sign Hali, Flowers, and Charles to cheapish contracts.
He has signs of promise with Houston and Baldwin.

Complete fail on QB especially if he can't even he the rook on the field at this point.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
So Pioli got Cassel. Who was he suppose to get? Sanchez? Pretty sure the majority, if not everyone, agrees Sanchez is worse than Cassel. Freeman? He was awful his first year, good his second, awful again this year. If I'm not mistaken, I believe Freeman leads the league in INTs after todays game.

Everyone wants to blame Pioli for Cassel. Fair. But come up with a QB he should have taken since he's been here in KC.

Cassel is worse than either or the two QBs you just listed.

Houston is getting production out of their third fucking stringer, yet we're going to absolve Pioli of his QB scarlet letter? Not here. He's been mediocre at best, and he's literally paid to be the best.

Extra Point
12-11-2011, 10:04 PM
The most important player on the team is the QB and we don't have one. The coach acts like a roadrage hillbilly. The team is getting destroyed by average or better teams. You can have great skilled players but if your offensive line is as stout as orange cones that can't even slow a blitz down from 90 to 80 miles per hour then you got big problems. People on this board are frustrated because they see these problems every weak and nothing changes.

That is the point: Nothing changes from weak to weak and we can't understand why these million dollar managers refuse to acknowledge it. They bring in a legitamate QB (Orton) and call a bonehead play that gets his hand broken. These guys are retarded. Why not let him start the second half and get into to a bit? Why put him out there when the entire northern hemisphere knows you are going to call a freeking pass play? Thats not bad luck that is asking for it and getting it jammed up your ass full bore.

If it's weak to weak, then, let's play Stanzi. As there are no more games, other than on Sunday, then, let's get biblical, or get syntaxical, let's fucking play Stanzi!

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Damn right he was wide open! No Jets players were even in the endzone. Of course no Jet player touched the ball, I didn't say one did. Palko had all the time in the world to thow a decent pass. Palko Failed Miserably. An NFL quarterback would have thrown a pass that did not require the reciever that wide open to stop, jump, fully extend and land with the ball. In fact, other than one short pass to Battle, I don't recall seeing Palko hit a single receiver in stride all day.

Again, it's fair to say that Bowe should have come down with that ball. Not coming down with a jump ball is not the equivalent of quitting.

If you want to believe that the underlying problem with the Chiefs offense is that the Chiefs receivers aren't making enough spectacular catches, more power to you.

The point is, as an All-Pro receiver and the number one guy, he is paid...and I'm sure with his contract coming due...is going to EXPECT to get paid like a guy who makes that catch. He had dropped a lot of balls this year, even before the QB shuffle. Sure, Palko is no Montana. But Bowe should make that catch. If we're going to have a snowball's chance in Hell in December, he needs to play like an All Pro.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 10:06 PM

Houston is getting production out of their third ****ing stringer, yet we're going to absolve Pioli of his QB scarlet letter? Not here. He's been mediocre at best, and he's literally paid to be the best.

How much better?

Marginally?

Maybe they develop. But, right now, it doesn't look too good for either of them. If they don't develop that puts their teams back like 6 years. In KC's case, we would be rebuilding all over again.

dirk digler
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Houston is getting production out of their third fucking stringer, yet we're going to absolve Pioli of his QB scarlet letter? Not here. He's been mediocre at best, and he's literally paid to be the best.

I agree. As you know I was willing to give Pioli some time and a lot of rope to hang himself with but right now he toes are barely touching the ground

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 10:08 PM
I'll be willing to bet the Chiefs 1-2 at QB will be Cassel/Orton in 2012. Chiefs will trade down, draft a tackle in the first round, and swear Cassel is their guy. Pioli has too much money tied up in him to act like he made a bad choice.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 10:09 PM
How much better?

Marginally?

Maybe they develop. But, right now, it doesn't look too good for either of them. If they don't develop that puts their teams back like 6 years. In KC's case, we would be rebuilding all over again.

How many years have we wasted on Cassel? Why is this different? And six is a random number.

Let's say these QBs never fully develop. Draft another one; that's what smart organizations do. It's essentially the antithesis of everything the Chiefs are about (cliches, bullshit, mediocrity, etc.).

jd1020
I'll be willing to bet the Chiefs 1-2 at QB will be Cassel/Orton in 2012. Chiefs will trade down, draft a tackle in the first round, and swear Cassel is their guy. Pioli has too much money tied up in him to act like he made a bad choice.

They can cut him and move on. Pretty sure he's already received his guaranteed money.

Marcellus
The point is, as an All-Pro receiver and the number one guy, he is paid...and I'm sure with his contract coming due...is going to EXPECT to get paid like a guy who makes that catch. He had dropped a lot of balls this year, even before the QB shuffle. Sure, Palko is no Montana. But Bowe should make that catch. If we're going to have a snowball's chance in Hell in December, he needs to play like an All Pro.

No offense George but really Bowe dropping that ball doesn't take away from Bowe being a great player and the type of player we need to keep.

Don't miss the forest for all the trees.

The issue is QB, right in front of you.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
How many years have we wasted on Cassel? Why is this different? And six is a random number.

Let's say these QBs never fully develop. Draft another one; that's what smart organizations do. It's essentially the antithesis of everything the Chiefs are about (cliches, bullshit, mediocrity, etc.).

Because we'd be wasting more years on Sanchez/Freeman. They are going to have a longer leash because of their age.

6 really isn't a random number... If they don't develop they'll still be starting for 4-5 years and the team will be again searching for a QB to replace them. So 6 is like best case.

notorious
Let's say these QBs never fully develop. Draft another one; that's what smart organizations do..

That's way to risky.

Draft a RT or LT and bring in a veteran. We can't afford to set back this franchise for the next 3 years.

crossbow
Bowe is a professional and should have enough pride to catch every ball he can regardless of score, weather, salary or what ever. Pay attention man, it is your job.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 10:11 PM
The Chiefs marriage to Kenney/Blackledge in the 1980s did nothing but perpetuate their mediocrity. Every year they'd finish anywhere from 6-10 to 8-8 and draft in the middle rounds. Derrick Thomas was the first really high draft pick we had for more than a decade. When you finish 6-10, and do nothing to improve your draft position, and especially if you DON'T pick an impact player with that high draft pick, you just continue on a wheel of endless mediocrity. That's why the picks for Dorsey and Jackson hurt so much now.

Phobia
12-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Palko could have put that ball on Bowe's hands in stride or even short and it would have been a very simple catch. If I throw a ball like that to one of my guys in a pick-up football game I get jeers and dirty looks. It's not really hard to hit a guy in stride when he's that wide open. In fact, it's very easy.

gblowfish
12-11-2011, 10:13 PM
No offense George but really Bowe dropping that ball doesn't take away from Bowe being a great player and the type of player we need to keep.

Don't miss the forest for all the trees.

The issue is QB, right in front of you.

No offense taken. Bowe is one of the few All Pro players we have left that isn't on the IR. But you have to agree he has not been the player he was last year, and he tends to disappear or disappoint when the chips are down.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM

And I think you might be right. Haley will be gone before Cassel. Haley was supposed to be an offensive guru but he's done nothing here to suggest he is. Cassel played well when he was coached by McDaniels and Weis but never Haley alone. Hmmmmmmmm.

crossbow
12-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Because we'd be wasting more years on Sanchez/Freeman. They are going to have a longer leash because of their age.

6 really isn't a random number... If they don't develop they'll still be starting for 4-5 years and the team will be again searching for a QB to replace them. So 6 is like best case.

At least they would have tried and the fans would have supported it.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
The only things I disagree with.

Neither should have been with the team to start the season.

How the fuck can you disagree with either of those two things? Weigmann has been getting his shit pushed in all year and you don't think the offense is laughable?

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 10:20 PM
At least they would have tried and the fans would have supported it.

That would get us exactly jack and shit.

DeezNutz
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM

So we try again. But we'll continue to embrace mediocrity; it defines this organization.

crossbow
12-11-2011, 10:26 PM

And not trying gets you what? Zero.

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM
So we try again. But we'll continue to embrace mediocrity; it defines this organization.

I want us to draft a QB too, but I am glad we didn't draft Sanchez because it should be quicker to move on from
Cassel.

Should be. Given a decent FO.

Drafting a turd will set us back another 5 years. We have to get it right this time around.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM

Exactly. The "ease" of the catch Bowe dropped is being greatly exaggerated. Most receivers in the league don't catch that ball and even the elite ones would drop it. If it were caught, it would have been another great play by Bowe. Caught, sure not asking too much. Caught and in bounds? Asking quite a bit. Not concerned with that particular drop. I'll save the drop argument for when it is valid.

Guys were getting after him after the Steelers game I believe for a "drop". Sure, it hit him right in the hands, but he was also lying parallel to the ground 5 ft. in the air. I'm cool with a guy not having his bearings about him when in that kind of a situation. It's normal.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2011, 10:31 PM
LOL, nope! And I'm good with that. There are tons of dumbass rich super-rich folks who I've never met, but I'm sure folks think they're swell too!!

So next time you're doing tea with them, tell them I'd never serve with them - they're epic losers - all of them... They're might be bigger losers in the world, but in their given profession they are leaders in the way of losing! and the part of their family who did win, isn't around anymore, so they can't even claim they're part of that either.

And don't think giving some hand-outs here and there means they're good people. They are greedy and they suck!

Wow you are just a fucking loser. Seriousally all because the football team sucks doesn't make people assholes, espeically if you don't them personally. So you are just a fucking douche.

Phobia
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Exactly. The "ease" of the catch Bowe dropped is being greatly exaggerated. Most receivers in the league don't catch that ball and even the elite ones would drop it. If it were caught, it would have been another great play by Bowe. Caught, sure not asking too much. Caught and in bounds? Asking quite a bit. Not concerned with that particular drop. I'll save the drop argument for when it is valid.

Guys were getting after him after the Steelers game I believe for a "drop". Sure, it hit him right in the hands, but he was also lying parallel to the ground 5 ft. in the air. I'm cool with a guy not having his bearings about him when in that kind of a situation. It's normal.

To be fair, Bowe didn't know where the back of the end-zone was. He made the catch harder than it needed to be. But Palko shouldn't have ever needed to lead him that much. He was wide, wide, wide open.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
I just went back and watched the play. The Chiefs called their last time out to set up the play. It was 4th and 10 from the 13 yardline. Palko had decent protection. Bowe had three feet to the back of the end zone. He was wide open. The ball was above his head, but not a "circus catch." If he pulls the ball in, he scores. He lost it when he hit the ground. His feet were in by a mile. It's a TD if he holds the ball. No Jet player knocks it out of his hands. He flat dropped it. The play is attached.

Replays didn't support your argument did they? Otherwise you would have included the replays that immediately ensued. Truth is, by the time he caught it, he never had 2 feet in. His heels touched, but just for a second, and before he had control. Also, the ball ground jarred the ball loose. Same thing has happened to any and all WR's in the game on MUCH more routine plays...

You guys are being idiots about this particular catch...

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:41 PM

Pretty much all of Chiefsplanet thought he was good enough after last year. In fact, I had long standing arguments with guys about how horrible the guy was and would never amount to anything, based off of what I saw of him in his first two training camps. After the teams success last year, I quieted my opinion feeling I had lost a foothold for my argument. He played decently well last year. This year though, WOW. Terrible.

1)

What the fuck do you care if he yells and screams on the sideline? I would really rather see my coach spit the fire from his belly and even get ejected than to see a quiet, emotionless, neutered head coach who keeps his balls in his wife's purse. Again, why do you care? Are you a pussy bitch in real life too? Fuck.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:48 PM
The problems u mention are both Head coaching problems. He's the one who ultimately decides who plays and who sits. I think the Chiefs could be fixed pretty quick if they get he right Hc and staff in here. Look how quickly the 49ers got it turned around.

Flavor of the week. Chiefs were a playoff team last year. Hell, Some of you still consider Tampa Bay good after last year too. There are teams every single year who play beyond their ability. They usually come back down to earth. In SF case, their defense is playing lights out. will that be the case next year?

By the way, who have the Niners played this year? Every team they have played, is either a bad team, or has been a good team, who has been horribly inconsistent this year... Every last one of them. Their most convincing win is Cincy. Best, most consistent team on their schedule thus far.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:52 PM

You can't be this fucking retarded can you? For real?

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:57 PM

This is why I could care less about your QB opinions. I think everyone agrees Sanchez isn't first round QB good, or even a guy we would want, but he is most definitely better than Cassel. So is Freeman. Come on man.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM

Pretty sure Bowes playing #2 receiver this year, is he not?

jd1020
12-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Flavor of the week. Chiefs were a playoff team last year. Hell, Some of you still consider Tampa Bay good after last year too. There are teams every single year who play beyond their ability. They usually come back down to earth. In SF case, their defense is playing lights out. will that be the case next year?

By the way, who have the Niners played this year? Every team they have played, is either a bad team, or has been a good team, who has been horribly inconsistent this year... Every last one of them. Their most convincing win is Cincy. Best, most consistent team on their schedule thus far.

Cincy is 1-6 against above .500 teams.

NYG is their best win, imo.

Dartgod
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
You can't be this ****ing retarded can you? For real?
This is why I could care less about your QB opinions. I think everyone agrees Sanchez isn't first round QB good, or even a guy we would want, but he is most definitely better than Cassel. So is Freeman. Come on man.
Ummmm......

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:02 PM

They aren't given a longer leash b/c of their age buck-o. It's b/c of where they were drafted. If they were 5th rounders, someone else would be starting right now. Regardless of age.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
They aren't given a longer leash b/c of their age buck-o. It's b/c of where they were drafted. If they were 5th rounders, someone else would be starting right now. Regardless of age.

... All 3 of the QB's mentioned were brought in to be potential franchise QB's. Cassel is not going to get as many chances as Sanchez and Freeman based purely on age, "buck-o."

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Jets are really wasting chances with Sanchez. LMAO

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
And I think you might be right. Haley will be gone before Cassel. Haley was supposed to be an offensive guru but he's done nothing here to suggest he is. Cassel played well when he was coached by McDaniels and Weis but never Haley alone. Hmmmmmmmm.

How's McDaniels doing with Bradford?

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
To be fair, Bowe didn't know where the back of the end-zone was. He made the catch harder than it needed to be. But Palko shouldn't have ever needed to lead him that much. He was wide, wide, wide open.

Agreed. It's on Palko if you ask me. Catch never should have been an even mildly hard one to make. He could have lobbed it in there for a TD...

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Cincy is 1-6 against above .500 teams.

NYG is their best win, imo.

NYG have been inconsistent as fuck.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
NYG have been inconsistent as ****.

And Cincy is overrated. I fail to see your point.

Unless you think beating a team who's consistently bad vs anyone good is something to be proud of.

Deberg_1990
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
How's McDaniels doing with Bradford?

Didn't say I advocated McDaniels as a HC. Was trying to show how bad a coach Haley is.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Ummmm......

Imma gonna git you....

LMAO Fuck. Rage has me blind to my own idiocy. That wasn't the only point I was calling him a tard-0 for though.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:09 PM
Didn't say I advocated McDaniels as a HC. Was trying to show how bad a coach Haley is.

In before "have fun watching McDaniels as HC if Haley is gone."

Bambi
12-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Never been so embarrassed in my life.

Wish we had Sanchez.

thats all this game meant.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
... All 3 of the QB's mentioned were brought in to be potential franchise QB's. Cassel is not going to get as many chances as Sanchez and Freeman based purely on age, "buck-o."

Not age genius. Cassel's case is a bit different. He wouldn't get as long b/c the investment was a 2nd rounder and yes, age, but he's a rare, rare case. He might get just as long, b/c his financial investment is much larger than his draft investment.

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Not age genius. Cassel's case is a bit different. He wouldn't get as long b/c the investment was a 2nd rounder and yes, age, but he's a rare, rare case. He might get just as long, b/c his financial investment is much larger than his draft investment.

His financial investment is 0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's already received his guaranteed money.

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Frank Boal saying its time for Haley to go

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:13 PM

Then using an example where one of the coaches coached him with ALL FUCKING WORLD TALENT surrounding him is a bit loaded. I know you. I know you're a smart guy. I see you dislike Haley. But you know Cassel's success in that offense was a direct result of YAC by the receivers and one of the best offenses ever put together in the NFL.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:14 PM
His financial investment is 0. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's already received his guaranteed money.

Does that make the rest of his contract cheap? It wasn't as front loaded as one would hope. Pretty sure he still has a 12mil. season coming.

Bambi
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM

Frank's been saying Haley is going to get fired for weeks now.

Haley is so bad it's laughable.

But so are all the players so I'm not sure the anger directed at Haley is all that correct. Who really cares though

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM

Who the fuck is Frank Boal!?!?! JK

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Does that make the rest of his contract cheap? It wasn't as front loaded as one would hope. Pretty sure he still has a 12mil. season coming.

Nope.

2012 - 5.25
2013 - 7.5
2014 - 9

stonedstooge
12-11-2011, 11:17 PM
Who the **** is Frank Boal!?!?! JK

Kansas City reporter that works with Jack Harry

FAX
12-11-2011, 11:19 PM
Wow. Mr. gblowfish's thread thing has turned into a self-mutilating frenzy of Polish Roulette.

Today proved that you can, in fact, game plan very effectively against a Crennel defense. They abused us with their RBs and you could tell that we had been well scouted. Of course, you can't depend on your defense to win for you every week. Not in this league. You need an offense and we still don't have one of those.

So far this year, we have started two of the worst quarterbacks Frankenstein could construct. Bad head. Bad feet. Bad arm. Take your pick. We're back to the same place where we started; we cannot compete in the NFL without and NFL-caliber quarterback. It's really that simple. And, even if we had one of those tomorrow, it would take time to bring the offense up to snuff.

We have no choice but to hope that Pioli was sincere when he said he was committed to building a consistent winner in Kansas City. It's year three, though, and right now he appears either inauthentic or incompetent.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
In before "have fun watching McDaniels as HC if Haley is gone."You're late, I've mentioned this a few times...

Bambi
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM

10. Last week I laughed my ass off most of the game, because I couldn't believe an NFL team would actually lose a game to Tyler Calabaloo. This week I laughed a lot too. I laughed because nobody wants to see a grown man cry. Today is what all but the most blindly optimistic Red Kool-Aid drinkers expected: another Meadowlands Butt-kicking. The Chiefs almost never win in New York, whether they play the Giants or Jets. Believe it or not, this game wasn't as bad from a lopsided score standpoint as the Bills game; or the Lions game; or the Miami game; or the New England game. It was, however, the fifth blowout loss. Now that we have an undefeated Green Bay team looming, KC will assuredly have a losing record. Not only that, but two of our "wins" were gifts: The Halloween Phyllis Fumble and the Chicago Hail Mary could easily turn KC into a three win team right now. And that is closer to who they really are. Stick that in your "four quarters of a season" pipe and smoke it, Haley.

9. You can't blame Calabaloo for this. Today's performance was a "thrown to the wolves" special. It reminded me of last summer when Ned Yost sent Vin Mazzaro in against the Cleveland Indians and let him give up nine runs in less than an inning. Calabaloo doesn't call the plays. He doesn't run the football. He doesn't pick up the blitz. He doesn't drop the touchdown pass. He is -and this is saying something- quite possibly the worst starting QB the Chiefs have ever trotted out, and I'm including Croyle, Thigpen, Fuller and Blackledge in that mix. He simply doesn't have NFL talent. In 2012 he should only be allowed in Arrowhead if he buys a ticket. In fact, only let him in if he buys a season ticket. He should have to suffer just as much as all the other season ticket holders. But it's not his fault. The fault lies with those who thought this guy could be an effective NFL QB in a back-up role. I can't imagine that Brokie Croyle would be this bad. Then again, Brokie probably would have done a Kyle Orton and cracked like a taco shell on his first hit. At least his wife could fill up a tight Chiefs turtleneck. Gosh, I miss her. Calabaloo is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

8. I was watching Barry Richardson today. How he could be considered better than Gaither is hard to fathom. Three times the Jets blitzed two guys right at him. In all three cases, he stopped NEITHER guy. How can this team be so weak at such a critical position, and let an allegedly serviceable guy like Gaither -who was crap for us but seems to play just fine for the Chargers- go? Again, this situation at tackle is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

6. The Chiefs have scored ten or less points in seven games this year. That alone should get Bill Muir fired mid-season. But it's not Muir's fault. He's not really calling the plays. I'm not really sure what he's doing besides fighting off the afternoon sleepies and trying to figure out how the mic on his new-fangled headset works. KC is ranked 27th in team offense. It's hard to believe there's five teams worse, but that's the case. Chiefs average 13.6 points per game, only St. Louis and Jacksonville are worse, and Jax scored 41 today, so they may be on the road to improvement.

5. KC's offense hasn't changed much since Cassel's departure. KC still throws four yard pass routes on 3rd and 8. They still run McCluster between the tackles. They still give Thomas Jones the ball and expect more than a two yard result. This team has three rushing TDs this year. Three. You would think since they have such a glaring weakness at QB the ground game would take on a greater emphasis. You would think that since McClain was brought in as a power blocking fullback, and you have a big grinding back like Battle, you could play Martyball, and at least give the defense a blow. KC only rushed for 65 yards today, and most of that was in garbage time in the fourth quarter. Their only "offensive identity" is how proficient they are at going three and out. It's impressive if you sincerely appreciate abject failure.

4. The defense took a step back today as well. Once McGraw went out and Slappy Pistachio came in, it all went to Hell -as usual. We miss Eric Berry more than words can say. This defense could not stop simple screen passes, or passes to backs in the flat, or crossing routes, or bootlegs, or quarterback draws. These are all routine NFL plays. On Sanchez's first TD he could have walked into the end zone, and stopped to scratch himself two or three times on the way. Demorrio Williams is still looking for his jock. The Jets hadn't scored 28 points in a half in more than ten years. I assumed the defense would mail it in at some point during the season, that's exactly what they did in the first half of this one. Only Hali and DJ played their usual game. Tyson Jackson had six tackles today. So if you must find a bright spot, maybe that's it.

3. Let's also talk about the Jets first TD in the second half: a 90-yard drive with more than 80 of those yards in penalties. It was all started by Javon Belcher's incredibly stupid roughing the passer penalty. Last week after the Bears game a bunch of CPers were singing Belcher's praises. Today he was his real self. He had two tackles, and this incredibly stupid, drive sustaining roughing penalty. After that, more stupid defensive penalties, including an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on the head coach. Some here on the CP have said that the pass interference penalties levied after Haley's gaffe were the refs rubbing Haley's nose in it. Maybe. I'll let you in on a little NFL secret: Winning teams get home cooking calls at home. Losing teams on the road get jobbed. That's the way the league works. If you don't like it, beat somebody on the road, and gain some respect. Getting jobbed by refs is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

2. Chiefs had eleven penalties for 128 yards. Jets were penalized four times for 22 yards. The team totally lost its composure in the second half. McClain getting an unsportsmanlike penalty when he's not even in the game was Raiders-like stupid. Of course, by that point the blowout was on and it didn't really matter. The team was a laughing stock from the get go today. Ian Eagle was laughing at them. Fouts was laughing at them. Rex Ryan was laughing at them. The onside kick was a total joke. The safety was a joke. Casey Weigman should retire tomorrow. I think the team has gone full circle under Coach Haley. Today's Chiefs looked a lot like December in Herm's last year. The Chiefs being the butt of the joke is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

1. I remember back in the 70's the Chiefs welcomed the then world champion Steelers to Arrowhead. The Steelers totally crushed the Chiefs 45-3. I'm expecting the same type of game next week. Half (or more) of the stands will be Cheeseheads. Palko will start. Game will be over by halftime. Maybe Orton will be ready by then, but I'm sure he'll be content to make his two million bucks holding a clipboard. Maybe they'll run the Wildcat. Most likely they'll get clobbered 45-3. I'm sure Coach Haley will say something like "Our guys are a prideful bunch...we came to play, Green Bay was just better than us today." All I can say to that is, the Chiefs going from first to worst in the AFC West is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

Great recap. It can't be stated how embarrassed one can be to live in NY and be a Chiefs fan but this write up sure explains a fraction of it.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Pioli said when he was hired there wouldn't be any knee-jerk hiring and firing at the head coach position. That's not how championship teams are built. In a year where Haley has been without so many of his players, I won't be surprised if he goes into his final year of this contract.

There are plenty of WTF decisions being made week to week. Palko, Richardson, Weigmann, Thomas Jones, Jake O'Connell. Not sure Pioli gave Haley a lot of options on some of those guys. Didn't have many options at some of those positions. I think Pioli doesn't want to "go get all kinds of talent" b/c he's afraid of what it could do to the overall attitude of the team. Look at what happened to the Eagles this year.

Philly made a living through the draft, then they brought in a LOT of FA's and not only is everyone not on the same page, or up to speed, but they all have their own way of doing things they've learned as a pro. You teach the guys you draft to do things the way you want them to do things. Not only that, but they develop the attitude and work ethic you want. Bring in that many new guys from all different programs and your consistency on technique, attitude, study habits, work ethic, and understanding of your system takes a dramatic swing.

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Nope.

2012 - 5.25
2013 - 7.5
2014 - 9

I stand corrected. I'm not arguing Cassel though. As I said, he's a bit of a special case any way you slice it. I think we can both agree that it'd be great to see him gone.

Bambi
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
Pioli said when he was hired there wouldn't be any knee-jerk hiring and firing at the head coach position. That's not how championship teams are built. In a year where Haley has been without so many of his players, I won't be surprised if he goes into his final year of this contract.

There are plenty of WTF decisions being made week to week. Palko, Richardson, Weigmann, Thomas Jones, Jake O'Connell. Not sure Pioli gave Haley a lot of options on some of those guys. Didn't have many options at some of those positions. I think Pioli doesn't want to "go get all kinds of talent" b/c he's afraid of what it could do to the overall attitude of the team. Look at what happened to the Eagles this year.

Philly made a living through the draft, then they brought in a LOT of FA's and not only is everyone not on the same page, or up to speed, but they all have their own way of doing things they've learned as a pro. You teach the guys you draft to do things the way you want them to do things. Not only that, but they develop the attitude and work ethic you want. Bring in that many new guys from all different programs and your consistency on technique, attitude, study habits, work ethic, and understanding of your system takes a dramatic swing.

as bad as Philliy is they would crush the chiefs by 40,

thats so sad

jd1020
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I stand corrected. I'm not arguing Cassel though. As I said, he's a bit of a special case any way you slice it. I think we can both agree that it'd be great to see him gone.

I would. But, I likely feel the same if we had Sanchez or Freeman. I might even feel slightly worse because their development would be given more slack while the core group of players got older and older. This teams time is now. We need to find THE guy and we need to find them soon.

FAX
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM

Oh ... this reminds me of my theory that I forgot to tell you guys about ...

Here it is; I think that the coaching staff is enamored with players whom they deem "professionals" in terms of how the conduct themselves during the week, workout, practice, prepare, etc. I think that's why they stick with guys like Jones and McGraw and Weigman and Lilja and all.

Anyhow, I think that's also why they have stuck with Palko. He probably says and does all the right things from Monday to Saturday which gives the staff some confidence that their coaching will stick. Stanzi, on the other hand, is still learning how to be a "pro" as he acclimates to the NFL.

Until we were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention the vets get the nod because they are viewed as easier to coach, I think that explains why we're playing old, worthless guys instead of young guys with more upside potential.

FAX

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I would. But, I likely feel the same if we had Sanchez or Freeman. I might even feel slightly worse because their development would be given more slack while the core group of players got older and older. This teams time is now. We need to find THE guy and we need to find them soon.

I KNOW RIGHT?!

aturnis
12-11-2011, 11:35 PM

Here it is; I think that the coaching staff is enamored with players whom they deem "professionals" in terms of how the conduct themselves during the week, workout, practice, prepare, etc. I think that's why they stick with guys like Jones and McGraw and Weigman and Lilja and all.

Anyhow, I think that's also why they have stuck with Palko. He probably says and does all the right things from Monday to Saturday which gives the staff some confidence that their coaching will stick. Stanzi, on the other hand, is still learning how to be a "pro" as he acclimates to the NFL.

Until we were mathematically eliminated from playoff contention the vets get the nod because they are viewed as easier to coach, I think that explains why we're playing old, worthless guys instead of young guys with more upside potential.

FAX

Agreed. The whole continuity in the locker room isn't as much of a theory, as Pioli has spoken about it many times since he's been here. Sure hope some of our young talented guys learn how to be pros quick!

Phobia
12-11-2011, 11:39 PM
Today proved that you can, in fact, game plan very effectively against a Crennel defense. They abused us with their RBs and you could tell that we had been well scouted.

Their RB. LT had ~10 attempts for ~20 yards.

crossbow
12-11-2011, 11:41 PM

FAX

Naw man, that would suggest a coaching failure at best and a philosophical flaw in "the Patriot Way" system. There must be another explanation.

FAX
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Their RB. LT had ~10 attempts for ~20 yards.

They threw pass things at them.

FAX

crossbow
12-11-2011, 11:46 PM
All sarcasm aside, I agree with your take. They are being stubborn and lack the creativity to adjust to what they have that might work.

FAX
12-11-2011, 11:52 PM
Naw man, that would suggest a coaching failure at best and a philosophical flaw in "the Patriot Way" system. There must be another explanation.

I think it's definitely a coaching flaw ... but only to this extent; they appear unable to properly assess exactly where the team is in its overall development. In retrospect, we would have been better off re-shuffling the o-line this year and working in the younger guys ... much like Romeo has done with Houston. Instead, we have sacrificed that opportunity to try and make the playoffs against a first-place schedule with Cassel and Palko driving the bus to Toilettown.

Bad decision, there.

Now, it can be said that, when we lost Charles, we lost well over 50% of our offense. That makes a huge difference. But, in all fairness, we didn't realize what that injury did to the overall team's chances ... even after the first two blowout losses. That should have been a clue.

FAX

boogblaster
12-11-2011, 11:59 PM
bout sums up this season ....

Phobia
12-12-2011, 12:05 AM

FAX

This is a valid point. Those pass things when combined with those run things make a lot of point things.

BossChief
12-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Weigmann has been getting his shit pushed in all year and you don't think the offense is laughable?

He was actually pretty solid till about the 7th or 8th game.

Since then, he has been a rent a wreck.

Players that need sat the fuck down the rest of the year:

Tyler Palko - Ricky Stanzi Obvious reasons

Thomas Jones - Jackie Battle and Dexter should be a 60/40 split the rest of the way

Casey Weigmann - Rodney Hudson is gonna make a difference when he gets on the field at center and the switch should be made when Stanzi takes over.

Kelly Gregg - Jerrell Powe. Gregg has done his job, but he simply doesn't have a future here and Powe does.

Barry Richardson - Maneri or Mims...my preference is probably Mims because Maneri seems a bit undersized to play right tackle in the NFL.

There are other obviously needed replacements, but we don't have plausible options at those positions.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 12:42 AM
They won't sit Wiegmann because of his stupid consecutive snaps streak.

Fucking bullshit NFL honor can shampoo my crotch.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:43 AM

FAX

Really FAX, what they did, was attack the middle of the field. TE's, WR's, and RB's. Our LB'ers and safeties are liabilities in coverage and everyone knows it.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 01:48 AM
All sarcasm aside, I agree with your take. They are being stubborn and lack the creativity to adjust to what they have that might work.

I don't think they lack creativity. I think they believe it would be counter-productive to change the offense just to accommodate injuries and poor player production. This is the system. Get it right, or (maybe) we'll find someone who will. Does NE change their offense or defense with injury? Pit? Did Indianapolis? No. It's not right to throw everything you want your team to know and excecute out the window and learn some new bullshit for one season only to ultimately go back to the same schemes. Even if they suck in it, they will learn this year and be more comfortable next year. That goes for Asamoah, Hudson, Baldwin, Breaston, McClain, Stanzi, and same goes for the defensive side of the ball missing Berry.

FloridaMan88
12-12-2011, 02:21 AM

You are afraid of what an infusion of talent would do to the overall attitude of the team? What is their attitude now after yet another epic blow out loss?

The Eagles were already a talented team last season that destroyed their team chemistry.

The Chiefs are among the least talented teams in the league. Frankly who gives a shit about their current team chemistry. What good is it? That team chemistry has produced a horrific season.

Time for a talent infusion and a major shake-up.

Fritz88
12-12-2011, 04:35 AM

I want to stab you.
Posted via Mobile Device

tredadda
12-12-2011, 05:22 AM
Great write up as always. These posts are the best thing to read on Sunday after the game. Win or lose, they are spot on. It makes me glad that CBS showed the NE-Wash game here in GA. Now for me I think that if we got a QB and got key players back from injury we could be contenders. Problem is I don't know if the FO sees QB as a problem.They might just try to blame everything on injuries. I am hoping Pioli trades up to take one of the big three as those two "feel good" wins against SD and Chicago might have all but eliminated our chances of having one of the fall to us.

tredadda
12-12-2011, 05:27 AM
You are afraid of what an infusion of talent would do to the overall attitude of the team? What is their attitude now after yet another epic blow out loss?

The Eagles were already a talented team last season that destroyed their team chemistry.

The Chiefs are among the least talented teams in the league. Frankly who gives a shit about their current team chemistry. What good is it? That team chemistry has produced a horrific season.

Time for a talent infusion and a major shake-up.

Disagree about the lack of talent. Sure we have holes, but so does every team. Fix our biggest one (QB) and we are contenders. Put our defense on NE and they are undefeated right now. Put our defense on GB and there would be almost no doubt they would go undefeated throughout and win the SB. The reason why their weaknesses are not as noticed is because they have elite QB's. Give us that and we will be one of the best teams in the league.

bevischief
12-12-2011, 06:50 AM
Glad I missed this.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 06:58 AM
LMAO Like that even mattered.

Bowe a microcosm of this teams problems.

FYP.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 07:01 AM
You may want to blame Pioli and Hunt for first to worst....fine.

You should also probably give them credit for worst to first last year.

Gaither was a better player than Richardson. Yet, Haley never played him. That isn't on Pioli. That is on Haley.

The Chiefs picked up Orton. This is costing the Chiefs 2.5 million. Haley didn't start him against the Bears. That is on Haley.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Gaither was a better player than Richardson. Yet, Haley never played him. That isn't on Pioli. That is on Haley.

Gaither has YET to play RIGHT tackle well for anybody. I heard two national talking heads say he's not a RT and the Ravens were convinced of it.

So saying he's a better player than Richardson is irrelevant. Is he a better player than Brandon Albert?

Chiefnj2
12-12-2011, 07:59 AM
Gaither has YET to play RIGHT tackle well for anybody.

The fact that he might not be a good RT doesn't mean he isn't better than Richardson at RT.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 08:04 AM
The fact that he might not be a good RT doesn't mean he isn't better than Richardson at RT.

But it does mean that his play in SD, at LT, is irrelevant.

We simply don't know if he's better than Richardson. And we'll likely never know, because Gaither is a LEFT tackle.

Chiefnj2
12-12-2011, 08:16 AM
But it does mean that his play in SD, at LT, is irrelevant.

We simply don't know if he's better than Richardson. And we'll likely never know, because Gaither is a LEFT tackle.

We'll never know because Haley and his staff are incompetent.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 08:17 AM
We'll never know because Haley and his staff are incompetent.

They're incompetent for many, many reasons.

Not playing Gaither at a position he reportedly can't play isn't one of them.

Chiefnj2
12-12-2011, 08:23 AM
They're incompetent for many, many reasons.

Not playing Gaither at a position he reportedly can't play isn't one of them.

It's not a matter of him being able to play the position at a high level. He wasn't given a chance on the field to see if he was any better than the WORST RT in the league.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 08:38 AM
Gaither has YET to play RIGHT tackle well for anybody. I heard two national talking heads say he's not a RT and the Ravens were convinced of it.

So saying he's a better player than Richardson is irrelevant. Is he a better player than Brandon Albert?

Can Albert play RT?

Is there ANY way that Gaither is worse than Richardson? No.

Is the line better with Gaither at LT and Albert at RT? Yes.

Is the line better with Gaither at RT? Yes. Even if he isn't a prototypical RT, he is still better than Richardson.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 09:10 AM
It's not a matter of him being able to play the position at a high level. He wasn't given a chance on the field to see if he was any better than the WORST RT in the league.

Michael Lombardi said that he talked with the Ravens at the time the Chiefs signed Gaither and was told that Gaither CANNOT play RT, at all.

Gaither was brought here as a backup LT and that's it.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 09:11 AM
Can Albert play RT?

Is there ANY way that Gaither is worse than Richardson? No.

Is the line better with Gaither at LT and Albert at RT? Yes.

Is the line better with Gaither at RT? Yes. Even if he isn't a prototypical RT, he is still better than Richardson.

The only question that can be answered AT ALL is the 2nd one.

Moving Albert to RT is pure stupidity. Just replace Richardson and be done with it.

chiefscafan
12-12-2011, 10:15 AM
So I agree with a lot that you said, but the Halley penalty is the fault of pioli. Sorry that one is on our out of control coach.

I've stuck by Halley because he's been stuck with cassel but now is his chance to change the QB at halftime of a blowout and he does nothing. I know a lot of people on here either don't like stanzi or don't think he's ready but after 3 games do you really think he's gonna be worse than palko??

I'm done with Haley because hes love for the kid is messing with his overall assessment of his skills. We need to play stanzi he can't be any worse than palko. If not I'm not sure I can watch any more games with Tyler palko playing the whole game.

aturnis
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
Again, I don't know which media heads were talking that he CAN'T play RT, but it has been a well known fact that he WON'T play RT. Hence all the conflict when they drafted Oher "to play RT" then decided he was doing so well they'd like to move him to the left side.

kaplin42
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM

Stupid ****ing post.

LOL. I have never been a fan of Bowe. He can make some amazing catches, there is no doubt. Seriously acrobatic, should not be possible, but he pulls them in catches.

But then he drops the ones that are gimmes. I can't count how many times a ball has hit him in the numbers and he drops it. If you think that is ok, then I don't know what to tell you man.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2011, 11:57 AM
If you think that is ok, then I don't know what to tell you man.

That you are a fucking idiot.

kaplin42
12-12-2011, 12:08 PM
good stuff

spot on:

the joke is brought to you courtesy of Scott Pioli, and courtesy of Clark Hunt being $30 million under the salary cap.

This I think is the major issue. And I'm not saying we need a bunch of superstars. For the most part, all things considered, our starters, if healthy are pretty decent. Some, B. Rich, M. Cassel, T. Jackson, need to be wrapped in plastic and left on the side of a road like a sex crime victim. But others are great, if not at least serviceable, Barry, DJ, JC, Albert…

The problem is, at -$30 Mil. we have no quality backups anywhere. Not one backup is worth a damn, and that is our major issue this year. When Slappy Pistachio and Tyler Palko are supposed to be the guys we lean on after an injury, well F-me, what did we think was going to happen.

If Pioli's "right 53" is this, then he is most definitely doing it wrong. Clark better loosen that wallet up, and Pioli better get his ass to the grindstone to get some talent going. Cause I can offer no reason why any of you local fans would even think of going to a game let alone get season tickets for a product that has sucked out loud for so long.