PDA

View Full Version : Football How much does a win or loss by your favorite team effect you?

RNR
12-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Do you live and die with each game? If your favorite team loses are you depressed or angry? How serious do you take football?

Bugeater
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
It really depends what's on the line. Today's loss was more amusing than anything to me.

suds79
12-11-2011, 07:29 PM
The Chiefs and this organization have made me very apathetic on Sundays.

To me it really doesn't matter. I can't get fully invested again until they get a legit QB.

notorious
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
My chest hurts from laughing for a few hours after the game.

Bwana
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
It really depends if the team is worth a damn or not. We haven't had to worry about that for a few years.

lewdog
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't know but my girlfriend usually ends up with black eyes after most Chiefs games.

Munson
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
A win generally puts me in a good mood for the rest of the day.

A loss usually angers me for about in hour or so. But then I calm down after I realize that a loss was inevitable.

A few of years ago, a loss would seriously piss me off for an entire day. But once Herm Edwards became head coach, losses were so common that I decided not to get so bent out of shape.

Buck
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Today's Charger win really did nothing for me, but the Broncos win put me in a really bad mood.

rageeumr
12-11-2011, 07:39 PM
My answer today is different than my answer 5 or so years ago. I used to get really pissed. You get used to getting kicked in the nuts, though.

cdcox
12-11-2011, 07:40 PM
This season, hardly at all. I expected very little from this team going into the season and the injuries just solidified that feeling. My fan rooting goal for the season is to get a new QB.

Hammock Parties
12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Haven't cared about a Chiefs game since we got down 14-3 against Miami.

Here's my summary of emotions for this year.

FUCK
WTF
YES
AWESOME
ANGRY
MEHMEHMEHMEHMEHMEHMEH

memyselfI
12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Gotta put in a disclaimer. The Chiefs is not a big deal anymore. That ship has done sailed. I was pretty distraught after SKC lost last month. Didn't think I had that kind of upset in me anymore after 40 years of watching sports disappointments.

MIAdragon
Ive become numb to all things Chiefs.

keg in kc
Almost none at all. I sometimes get a rush after a win. I'm a long way past feeling anything after a loss. I used to be more emotional about it, but came to realize over time that it's not worth it to let something so completely out of my control have so much impact on me.

Predarat
12-11-2011, 07:44 PM
It really depends on the scope of the game, games with playoff/bowl implications get to me, playoff games really get to me.

12-11-2011, 08:05 PM
It's just a game but today kind of possession me off

Bugeater
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
It's just a game but today kind of possession me off
:spock:

Dayze
12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
I used to get super involved/invested in the games. Now, not so much. The Chiefs haven't done shit in 40 years, so I stopped caring as much. It's much easier to watch with indifference; knowing the season will end as it always does; no playoff win or super bowl shot.

12-11-2011, 09:21 PM
:spock:

Can't explain it, it just did

Buck
12-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Move over epic fail, here comes damn you auto correct.com

Marcellus
12-11-2011, 09:24 PM
I just laughed today.

Bad week to be a Chiefs and Cards fan.

I know Stl won the WS but then we found out our best player is just a douche.

Wish I could experience that with the Chiefs though.

The SB thing not the douche thing.

Demonpenz
12-11-2011, 10:15 PM
albert has always been a douche, he's hit 500 homeruns why does he feel the need to stare down every one of them.

Bearcat
12-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I've calmed down quite a bit over the years... the last two games that really pissed me off were opening day vs the Bills and KU/VCU. Before that, it had probably been a while since a loss effected me beyond the day it happened. I generally have much lower expectations these days, knowing anything can happen, and surprisingly enough, sometimes they still find a way to dip below that bar.

-King-
12-11-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm more angry at the Broncos winning than am about us losing.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Move over epic fail, here comes damn you auto correct.com

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

-King-
12-11-2011, 11:05 PM
Can't explain it, it just did

The game possessed you? What was it like?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rain Man
12-11-2011, 11:08 PM
The greatest threat to a sports league isn't hatred, it's disinterest.

When the Chiefs were good, I was interested and invested. For the past decade, I've slid dangerously toward disinterest. I'd like to care again.

Bugeater
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
I'm affected in a special kind of way when the Cowboys lose.

Bump
12-11-2011, 11:22 PM
I used to get pissed, I mean PISSED but now it's like, eh been there done that.

ChiefsCountry
12-11-2011, 11:25 PM
Been pretty much apathetic to the Chiefs since 2009 when they traded for fuckhead Cassel.

Spott
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I expect us to lose every game so I'm not dissapointed when we lose. If we win, it's just an added bonus.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Depends on if my team mortgaged the future to trade for a QB to win now.

As it is, the Chiefs have injuries, the Chiefs weren't competing for anything and the Chiefs are better off long term with a loss.

Now, if I were a Raider fan, it would hurt a lot worse.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 07:33 AM
When I was young it affected my mood. Now it's just entertainment. There are many more important things in life to allow a game to ruin my day.

RealSNR
12-12-2011, 07:38 AM
Since this team is fucking stupid, and losing by huge point margins is the only way to get through the front office's thick neanderthal skulls that SOMETHING might be wrong with the team, I just tell myself that these kinds of losses are healthy.

If we replaced Haley AND drafted RGIII, I would take blowout losses for the rest of this season if it ensured that future for the team.

RNR
12-12-2011, 05:18 PM
When I was young it affected my mood. Now it's just entertainment. There are many more important things in life to allow a game to ruin my day.

When I was younger I would be in a bad mood and dread even going work the next day. Heck it would take until mid week to shake the funk. I really look back now and shake my head for being that stupid. I still sport the gear and caught crap all day at work like every I have for years lol. I drive a 4x4 quad cab Silver and Black truck with a big Raiders emblem in the back window and a laser tag on the front bumper. I am a fan and always will be. That said when given the chance to hang out with my granddaughter on a sunday or watch the game, well I will just have to catch the highlights...I will be checking the score on my phone from time to time lol.

I honestly cannot understand why a game and it is just a game mattered to me so much. When I competed in sports a loss was devastating to me but I have no effect on my favorite teams success or failure. So I ask the question to everyone who answered that they are affected by a loss why? I mean really why does a game played by players who would sign with your most hated rival for a few more dollars bugs you so much? After the games are over you see the players from both sides laughing and hugging while idiots in the stands are pissed and often fighting some guy wearing a the other teams gear. These guys make big money and completely understand it is just a game played for entertainment. Yet Joe Sixpack working for 40k a year is pissed and wants to fight lol~