PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Nice article about firing Haley

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Haley’s Offense is Proof of Failure
(http://kan.scout.com/2/1138111.html)

The Chiefs’ offense is bad. Not just the kind of bad that gets quarterbacks benched or has late-night talk shows making jokes - no, this is much worse. This is the kind of bad that sets the records nobody wants and, like a cancer, permeates anything that was once good. Sunday, Todd Haley’s Chiefs lost 37-10, but he may have lost much more.

For the fourth straight week, Haley trotted quarterback Tyler Palko out to face the lions. This week, the role of the lion was played by a mediocre New York Jets defense that ended up looking like a Super Bowl defense because of the Chiefs.

The Chiefs finished the first half with four total yards of offense (19 pass; -15 run) and only a single first down. That’s the worst offensive half in franchise history.

The Chiefs had more success in the second half by copying the old Denver Broncos playbook. Although bootlegs and quarterback sneaks opened the offense up slightly, the writing was already on the wall. This team had quit.

The most disappointing part of Sunday’s game was the regression of a defense that has played well for the bulk of the season. But that is how bad this offense is. It’s actually making the defense worse.

Kansas City’s defense spent nearly 10 more minutes on the field than the offense in the first half alone, and was spent before the start of the third quarter - both mentally and physically. How could you expect the defense to continue to play with the same intensity when they know they are fighting a winless battle?

Typically, when an offense struggles to this degree you bring the axe down on the offensive coordinator. Although you could certainly make a strong case for the removal of coordinator/offensive line coach Bill Muir, Haley has his mitts all over this offense. He has run two different coordinators out of town. Both have become head coaches despite the fact they were incapable of running Haley’s offense.

This might be forgivable if KC’s offense had improved, but obviously it’s only worsened.

Still, a common argument for retaining Haley is blaming KC’s losing season on injuries, including the injury to Jamaal Charles. But the same story applies to a Chiefs’ defense that lost Eric Berry in Week 1 and has fielded a starting lineup full of players who would not likely suit up in any other NFL city. But Romeo Crennel has not had to make any excuses for his defense.

The Houston Texans improved to 9-3 Sunday and look to be one of the AFC’s playoff contenders. They have continued to persevere despite losing their starting quarterback, Matt Schaub, and best defensive player, Mario Williams. Good teams don’t make excuses, they make adjustments.

When Haley went with Muir as his offensive coordinator, he put the success or failure of this offense on his back. Because this offense has struggled, and no successful adjustments have been made, the blame falls on Haley.

The most damning case against Haley, however, is his failure to practice what he preaches. Supposedly, Haley shipped offensive tackle Jared Gaither off to division rival San Diego for failing to stay disciplined. Sunday, Haley lost his cool and was flagged for a 15-yard penalty for saying a few too many choice words to the officiating crew. Just a few minutes later, full back Le’Ron McClain left KC’s sideline to protest a questionable hit on Palko.

Usually, in this situation, Haley would chastise a player for such a mental lapse. But Haley has lost the right to call out his players for this type of behavior. You can’t effectively lead without practicing what you preach and Haley has lost the ability to do that.

There is still a contingency of loyal Chiefs fans who support Haley and their devotion is respectable. It’s just not warranted. Haley turned the Chiefs from a 4-12 squad to a 10-6 playoff team in 2010, which deserves praise. But there is a big difference between a playoff contender and a playoff pretender and both the Raiders and Ravens made apparent that the Chiefs were a pretender to end the 2010 season.

Haley has done some good things in Kansas City and deserves kudos, but the scale has tipped to the negative side rapidly.

Injuries are not a justification for poor, undisciplined play. They are excuses.

When you have to make excuses to justify retaining a head coach, his job is already lost.

Phobia
12-12-2011, 02:50 AM
Much better, thanks.

Fritz88
12-12-2011, 02:51 AM
The fuck! I posted a nice reply. I demand my reply.
Posted via Mobile Device

Slainte
12-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Liked it better when it had all the Scout links...

splatbass
12-12-2011, 02:55 AM
Poorly written. It appears that CP "gospel" was just copied word for word. "He has run two coordinators out of town". Speculation. One he ran out - Gailey - but both Haley and Weis say he didn't run Weis out. CP "conventional wisdom" isn't true just because a lot of people jump on the bandwagon and believe it.

Also it says this team quit, but I didn't see that at all. I saw a team that was outplayed, but they were still trying.

Basically this article is shit. It's as if it was copied directly out of whichever "fire Haley" thread he just happened to read. Try some original thought.

Phobia
12-12-2011, 03:00 AM
The ****! I posted a nice reply. I demand my reply.
Posted via Mobile Device

This writing style screams 'BossChief'.

Regardless, hopefully he will get canned. My only concern with this team is who will we hire next?

Getting Josh McDaniels is a very real possibility with Pioli.

If worse comes to worse, I think Josh could be better than ****ing Haley. At least our offense will be slightly better.

Here ya go.

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 03:06 AM
Liked it better when it had all the Scout links...

I don't really know what difference a link to a player's profile makes, I wasn't doing that intentionally.

Fritz88
12-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Here ya go.

Thanks Phobia, I was joking. :D
Posted via Mobile Device

Fritz88
12-12-2011, 03:25 AM
Poorly written. It appears that CP "gospel" was just copied word for word. "He has run two coordinators out of town". Speculation. One he ran out - Gailey - but both Haley and Weis say he didn't run Weis out. CP "conventional wisdom" isn't true just because a lot of people jump on the bandwagon and believe it.

Also it says this team quit, but I didn't see that at all. I saw a team that was outplayed, but they were still trying.

Basically this article is shit. It's as if it was copied directly out of whichever "fire Haley" thread he just happened to read. Try some original thought.

This reply is copying all the scouts article bashing. Ignore the source and the writing style. You can't seriously deny that Haley is an insufferable douche nozzle.

The offense guru has the worst offense in the league.

Fuck Haley.
Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
12-12-2011, 03:30 AM
I don't think Romeo would work for McDaniels. He thinks McDaniels is a temperamental white boy pussy boy.

That means our offense would improve slightly, since we'd be stuck with Cassel until he's 50 years old and the defense would go down the crapper.

Plus, I'm not sure that Clark would go for it. McDaniels is a serial cheater and that's not the Chiefs Way which is to fight for good and right and niceness no matter how many times you get your ass kicked into next week.

FAX

tredadda
12-12-2011, 05:34 AM
I don't think Romeo would work for McDaniels. He thinks McDaniels is a temperamental white boy pussy boy.

That means our offense would improve slightly, since we'd be stuck with Cassel until he's 50 years old and the defense would go down the crapper.

Plus, I'm not sure that Clark would go for it. McDaniels is a serial cheater and that's not the Chiefs Way which is to fight for good and right and niceness no matter how many times you get your ass kicked into next week.

FAX

And to do it as cheaply as possible.

InChiefsHeaven
12-12-2011, 06:43 AM

FAX

The bean counters know that McDaniels would signal the final death of this team from a fan standpoint. And make no mistake, if they fire Haley, the next coach will bring in his own DC, so Romeo will be out as well.

This just sucks. How can it be worse than it was with Herm? I don't know, but somehow it is...

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 06:45 AM
This article is garbage.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 07:37 AM

I'll actually accept the "he ran off Weis" argument even though I, like you, would rather go with the facts we know...

However, I will not blame Haley for running off Gailey. He should have NEVER been saddled with Gailey in the first place. Clark Hunt's meddling in this current regime started DAY ONE with his asking Haley to "do him a favor" for his buddy Gailey.

This is epic FAIL from the very top down...

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-12-2011, 07:59 AM
This article is garbage.

WPI need i say more?

splatbass
12-12-2011, 08:55 AM
WPI need i say more?

The only "journalists" that just take rumors and innuendo people write on a message board and merge it together into an "article". Amateurs.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 09:00 AM
The only "journalists" that just take rumors and innuendo people write on a message board and merge it together into a very poorly written "article". Amateurs.

FYP