PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A whole new idea for the Chiefs.

Frankie
12-12-2011, 12:46 PM
OK. Admittedly I'm in a ranting/venting mode. But IMO Todd Haley got the short end of the stick from Mr. Pioli who hired him and saddled him with an inadequate QB and a few other roster wasting players. You may or may not agree with me on Haley,but this is NOT a thread about him. It's a thread about the big picture of the Chiefs organization. Carl Peterson was kept on by the Hunts for twenty years (give and take) too long. And the new GM is beginning to show, with increasing clarity,disturbing tendencies that were attributed to Peterson. Soon he will hire his boy Josh McDaniels as the Chiefs next HC (I can almost guarantee that) and it's business as usual - "Usual" being the operative word - as the last two decades.

This brings me to this conclusion: I AM EFFING SICK AND TIRED OF THE CHIEFS OWNERSHIP!!!!

I have long resisted the opinion that "The Hunts' only agenda is to fill Arrowhead seats." But I'm afraid there is more truth to that than I was willing to accept. :( Look at the amount of money we have over the cap! There is no reason not to have brought in the final few parts to the roster that even Todd Haley (in you were a Todd-hater) would not have made into a Super Bowl contending team.

I'm asking for your opinions, my fellow Chiefs fans: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PURCHASE THE TEAM FROM THE HUNT FAMILY AND PUT IT IN THE HANDS OF THE FANS, ALA GREEN BAY? The Packers, to the best of my understanding is public owned. Yes it's not as simple and clear cut as that, but WHAT A CONCEPT!

Discuss. This idea probably won't get any legs, as there are great obstacles to it. But a big fire can start from a smallest of sparks. Let this discussion be a spark.

TEX
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
OK. Admittedly I'm in a ranting/venting mode. But IMO Todd Haley got the short end of the stick from Mr. Pioli who hired him and saddled him with an inadequate QB and a few other roster wasting players. You may or may not agree with me on Haley,but this is NOT a thread about him. It's a thread about the big picture of the Chiefs organization. Carl Peterson was kept on by the Hunts for twenty years (give and take) too long. And the new GM is beginning to show, with increasing clarity,disturbing tendencies that were attributed to Peterson. Soon he will hire his boy Josh McDaniels as the Chiefs next HC (I can almost guarantee that) and it's business as usual - "Usual" being the operative word - as the last two decades.

This brings me to this conclusion: I AM EFFING SICK AND TIRED OF THE CHIEFS OWNERSHIP!!!!

I have long resisted the opinion that "The Hunts' only agenda is to fill Arrowhead seats." But I'm afraid there is more truth to that than I was willing to accept. :( Look at the amount of money we have over the cap! There is no reason not to have brought in the final few parts to the roster that even Todd Haley (in you were a Todd-hater) would not have made into a Super Bowl contending team.

I'm asking for your opinions, my fellow Chiefs fans: WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PURCHASE THE TEAM FROM THE HUNT FAMILY AND PUT IT IN THE HANDS OF THE FANS, ALA GREEN BAY? The Packers, to the best of my understanding is public owned. Yes it's not as simple and clear cut as that, but WHAT A CONCEPT!

Discuss. This idea probably won't get any legs, as there are great obstacles to it. But a big fire can start from a smallest of sparks. Let this discussion be a spark.

I'm SICK of Pioli. He TOTALLY blew it with Cassel, Haley, Jackson, Mc Buster, etc...

Jack
12-12-2011, 12:51 PM
This team will never succeed unless a hunt is done for a new owner.

Brock
12-12-2011, 12:56 PM
The team's not for sale.

Frankie
12-12-2011, 01:05 PM
This team will never succeed unless a hunt is done for a new owner.Unfortunately you don't want another owner because it will be very likely that it will soon be the Los Angeles Chiefs. At least the Hunts have shown loyalty to KC.

The team's not for sale.

Everything is for sale. I wonder how much dough the tax payers and other fans/investors would have to come up with for the Hunts to let go.

ForeverChiefs58
12-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately you don't want another owner because it will be very likely that it will soon be the Los Angeles Chiefs. At least the Hunts have shown loyalty to KC.

Everything is for sale. I wonder how much dough the tax payers and other fans/investors would have to come up with for the Hunts to let go.

I agree with ya on Haley Frankie.

Jacksonville was the least expensive, and last team to worth under $$1 billion.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM
You do realize that Green Bay is grandfathered in and you can't have corporate ownership in the NFL either. So unless one of the fans has a billion+ dollars to buy the team then this is a stupid ass thread.

Brock
12-12-2011, 01:12 PM

A lot more than it's worth.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 01:14 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=250257

Demonpenz
12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
The entire direction of this franchise is up in mid-air at this point

Jack
12-12-2011, 01:49 PM
[QUOTE=Frankie;8194973]Unfortunately you don't want another owner because it will be very likely that it will soon be the Los Angeles Chiefs. At least the Hunts have shown loyalty to KC.

That dog don't hunt.

Phobia
12-12-2011, 01:51 PM
The entire direction of this franchise is up in mid-air at this point

It had a terrible accident in mid-air decades ago which is why it is really much worse than a terrible accident on the ground.

Valiant
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
You do realize that Green Bay is grandfathered in and you can't have corporate ownership in the NFL either. So unless one of the fans has a billion+ dollars to buy the team then this is a stupid ass thread.

Anything is possible. Especially with our meddling senators.

If the city could find a way to get the money. I am sure we could find some senate to invalidate a corp or coop from buying a team.

Likely? No. But better odds then us drafting a franchise qb.

memyselfI
12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Haley sucked. Glad he's gone. Sorry you are bummed. Today is the beginning of a better future.

Frankie
12-12-2011, 06:42 PM
You do realize that Green Bay is grandfathered in and you can't have corporate ownership in the NFL either. So unless one of the fans has a billion+ dollars to buy the team then this is a stupid ass thread.OK I'll do it. You guys just send me the money and I'll front the purchase.

That said, there's nothing that's "IMPOSSIBLE." I did admit that this is next to impossible, but that's why I asked for others to chip in with their opinions on this subject.

Just planting a bug in your ears.

[QUOTE=Frankie;8194973]Unfortunately you don't want another owner because it will be very likely that it will soon be the Los Angeles Chiefs. At least the Hunts have shown loyalty to KC.

That dog don't hunt. No pun intended of course. ;)

Anything is possible. Especially with our meddling senators.

If the city could find a way to get the money. I am sure we could find some senate to invalidate a corp or coop from buying a team.

Likely? No. But better odds then us drafting a franchise qb.THAT's THE ATTITUDE. Let's put this on the next ballot and have citizens vote for it. That will at least get the gears churning. then with enough money collected I will gladly purchase the Chiefs on your behalf and give you free shares in accordance with your contributions.