PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is anyone else just completely numb to this?

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 09:38 PM
I think I've finally become completely emotionless to this team. Not one of the coaching hires appeals to me, I have no doubt that Cassel will be the QB next year, and we will continue to get served the same shit sandwich on stale bread that we've been served forever.

Past firings, I was so excited, I didn't know what to do with myself. Haley had to go, and no way could he come back, but the devil I don't know doesn't seem to be much better right now.

This should be a good time because there's change, but I don't think there will really be an ounce of it.

Ebolapox
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
yep. I'm about done with this team for the same reason. when's gonna be our time?

Deberg_1990
12-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Nobody has a clue what Pioli is going to do right now. I'm holding out hope he shocks us all.

petegz28
12-12-2011, 09:42 PM
the only excuse I buy for Cassel being the QB next year is if we draft a QB and we want to give him a year. That being said, if Cassel starts stinking it up then you have to be ready to throw the rookie in Tebow style and tell Cassel that's all she wrote.

Dr. Johnny Fever
For years now

htismaqe
I think I've finally become completely emotionless to this team. Not one of the coaching hires appeals to me, I have no doubt that Cassel will be the QB next year, and we will continue to get served the same shit sandwich on stale bread that we've been served forever.

Past firings, I was so excited, I didn't know what to do with myself. Haley had to go, and no way could he come back, but the devil I don't know doesn't seem to be much better right now.

This should be a good time because there's change, but I don't think there will really be an ounce of it.

Almost exactly how I feel.

Shogun
Nobody has a clue what Pioli is going to do right now. I'm holding out hope he shocks us all.

Pioli is a transvestite,..BOOM

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 09:44 PM

I just don't think he has it in him.

Reading that War Room book about Pioli really opened my eyes to how ****ing full of shit he is. I don't know how you preach that bullshit, and then watch film of this loser QB and support him.

If Cassel is going to be here, and a first round QB isn't selected, then it's going to be much of the same and any HC that would sign up for that is someone I already don't want.

Imon Yourside
Ready for a 5 year plan, year 1 starting 2012?

OnTheWarpath15
Almost exactly how I feel.

Same here.

Imon Yourside
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I was at this point after Vermeil retired.

DaKCMan AP
12-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Yep. Today's events and who gets hired won't affect my temperament one iota.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
I mean for fuck sake, the owner of shit shitbomb is telling people that the team is still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

It's just a joke.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 09:46 PM
If Chiefs fans didn't feel like Haley was only 1/4th of the real problem... Pioli, Hunt and Cassel being the other 3/4ths... firing him might mean more. As it is... ok... one of the snakes has been removed from Medusas head... and probably not the most poisonous one. So meh...

SPATCH
12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Ready for a 5 year plan, year 1 starting 2012?

This is exactly what makes me want to go bump the mass suicide thread

Rain Man
12-12-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm indifferent in part because I'm not convinced it was the right idea. When Herm got fired it was like the liberation of Paris. You knew it was the right thing, and you kissed nurses and popped champagne and rode around waving the flag in your jeep. With Todd, it's like watching the power shift in Egypt. You don't really know who the good guys are, and you don't know what's going to happen next, and it could be good but it could also be really, really bad.

Bwana
12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I mean for **** sake, the owner of shit shitbomb is telling people that the team is still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

It's just a joke.

Yep, with our next game against Green Bay. LMAO

http://www.giantsgab.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/playoffs.jpg

cdcox
12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I was mad when the tea leaves pointed to Pioli hiring a robot and keeping Cassel, but now I'm mellowing to DGAF.

Clark is losing his team's fan base and he doesn't even know it.

Ebolapox
12-12-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm at the point where I have to re-evaluate myself--what the fuck was wrong with me for buying the bullshit they've been shoveling at me for so long? the signs have always been there, they don't give a fuck about us. they have no intention of ever actually drafting and developing a LEGITIMATE QB prospect.

we're fucked.

ChiefsCountry
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I mean for **** sake, the owner of shit shitbomb is telling people that the team is still mathematically alive for the playoffs.

It's just a joke.

We are the fringe of the fan base. Thats not directed at us.

GordonGekko
12-12-2011, 09:51 PM
I really feel sorry in the sake of sports for the people that actually live in KC, first they have to swallow the Royals year in year out, knowing they will not win, and now the Chiefs are failing to be even mediocre anymore. Best fans in the world with the disproportionate worst sport franchises. Doesn't make sense.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 09:52 PM
We are the fringe of the fan base. Thats not directed at us.

Directing it to anyone is an insult.

Ebolapox
12-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I was mad when the tea leaves pointed to Pioli hiring a robot and keeping Cassel, but now I'm mellowing to DGAF.

there are enough drooling mongoloids who will pay because ITS THE ARROWHEAD EXPERIENCE HERP DERP. clark is the owner of a fucking gold mine--a fanbase who will keep his pockets deep for the rest of his life REGARDLESS of wins.

Bugeater

Speaking of which, and assuming the stuff we heard today is true, how the fuck doesn't Clark know about all the turmoil swirling around the organization ever since he hired Pioli? What the hell is he doing all day? Just counting his money and watching soccer and banging Tavia?

rico
The way I have feel about this team right now seems similar to how women feel about their soap operas... minus the emotion. Yeah, I am pretty numb... I just keep telling myself that the more BS I endure as a Chiefs fan, the better I will feel WHEN and IF the Chiefs ever win the SB in my lifetime. As far as the Chiefs go, my main concern is making sure my 2 younger brothers (ages 12 and 14) don't become Packers or Bears fans like all their friends. I am sure it has been tempting, but they have been very Chief-loyal through all this garbage.

The Bad Guy

Absolutely.

I think the fan base is completely gone. The only time Arrowhead is even remotely rocking is when there's a prime time game.

chiefzilla1501

Reading that War Room book about Pioli really opened my eyes to how ****ing full of shit he is. I don't know how you preach that bullshit, and then watch film of this loser QB and support him.

If Cassel is going to be here, and a first round QB isn't selected, then it's going to be much of the same and any HC that would sign up for that is someone I already don't want.

I actually think Pioli was a terrific executive when he first built the Patriots. Just like Carl Peterson was with Marty. What I can't believe is that Pioli turned into Carl Peterson. I railed on Carl Peterson for croneyism. Croneyism for hiring Gun again without a formal interview process. Even though I defended Herm, I said that was croneyism at its finest too. Croneyism to draft players because his friends recommended him.

I thought Pioli would finally get rid of that. I can't fucking believe that 3 years later, we brought in the Executive of the Decade, and he's pulling the same exact bullshit that got Carl Peterson fired.

lewdog
The only thing that is numb is my butthole from being fucked over and over as fan of this franchise.

There...I said it.

RJ
12-12-2011, 09:55 PM
I will always be a fan but the past few years I don't get much up or down about coaching changes, draft picks, FA signings or anything else. The end result is almost always the same. This team collectively lacks vision and has for the past 40 years.

So yeah, I am and have been numb.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
The only thing that is numb is my butthole from being ****ed over and over as fan of this franchise.

There...I said it.

At least it doesn't burn anymore? Bright side...?

JD10367
12-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Prophetically named band?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cn6o-KBxKOk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lewdog
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM

It is true. I am hoping it gets a break with the upcoming Royals season though.

siberian khatru
12-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I'm indifferent in part because I'm not convinced it was the right idea. When Herm got fired it was like the liberation of Paris. You knew it was the right thing, and you kissed nurses and popped champagne and rode around waving the flag in your jeep. With Todd, it's like watching the power shift in Egypt. You don't really know who the good guys are, and you don't know what's going to happen next, and it could be good but it could also be really, really bad.

Nice, as usual, but also accurate as far as my feelings.

As I posted early in the "Haley fired" thread, I just can't get too fired up one way or the other about Haley. I REALLY wanted Herm gone, but with Haley, I'm just kind of, "meh." Never really liked him or hated him. And so long as we have QB problems, nothing else really matters -- we're not gonna compete for championships.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 09:59 PM
It is true. I am hoping it gets a break with the upcoming Royals season though.

Many people will laugh at your post ftr... but "we" know...

;)

OK they'll laugh at both of our posts.

The Bad Guy
I actually think Pioli was a terrific executive when he first built the Patriots. Just like Carl Peterson was with Marty. What I can't believe is that Pioli turned into Carl Peterson. I railed on Carl Peterson for croneyism. Croneyism for hiring Gun again without a formal interview process. Even though I defended Herm, I said that was croneyism at its finest too. Croneyism to draft players because his friends recommended him.

I thought Pioli would finally get rid of that. I can't ****ing believe that 3 years later, we brought in the Executive of the Decade, and he's pulling the same exact bullshit that got Carl Peterson fired.

The difference between a guy like Dimitroff and a guy like Pioli is the ability to adapt. Pioli has no ability to change his ways, or alter the way he's been taught to fit new situations.

BigMeatballDave
I certainly am.

I like Haley, but it was definitely time for him to go. I didn't really see that until Sundays game.

If I were a season ticket holder, I would cancel until Cassel is gone.

headsnap
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
that press conference today was one of the most pathetic things that I have ever witnessed... didn't say why they fired Haley, praised him every chance possible and ducked every other question...

that was much worse than what went down yesterday in New York...

OnTheWarpath15
12-12-2011, 10:01 PM
The difference between a guy like Dimitroff and a guy like Pioli is the ability to adapt. Pioli has no ability to change his ways, or alter the way he's been taught to fit new situations.

Dimitroff is his own man. He's not the copycat that everyone else that has left NE has tried to be.

You could tell that from Day One in Atlanta, but War Room confirmed it.

htismaqe
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM

That's a really excellent analogy.

lewdog
12-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Many people will laugh at your post ftr... but "we" know...

;)

OK they'll laugh at both of our posts.

They can laugh but the Royals have a better chance of seeing even .500 ball before the Chiefs will.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-12-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm giving it until the 1st day of the draft.

Until then, I will hold out hope that whoever comes in makes a move to make this his team.

If we start the season with Cassel.

I will go into hibernation until the next regime.

HemiEd
12-12-2011, 10:07 PM

Apparently Clark asserted himself some on this, and I think he is the wildcard for some true change. Some of the comments about Pioli being uncomfortable, were encouraging to me.

cdcox
that press conference today was one of the most pathetic things that I have ever witnessed... didn't say why they fired Haley, praised him every chance possible and ducked every other question...

Yeah the "secrecy" of the organization is a real turnoff. I don't expect them to reveal their draft targets or anything that could seriously be used as a competitive advantage, but their approach to the press and the public comes off as absurdly arrogant given the level of product they are putting on the field.

rico

Lol, the bright side of the brown eye...

bricks
12-12-2011, 10:09 PM
I really feel sorry in the sake of sports for the people that actually live in KC, first they have to swallow the Royals year in year out, knowing they will not win, and now the Chiefs are failing to be even mediocre anymore. Best fans in the world with the disproportionate worst sport franchises. Doesn't make sense.

This is the biggest conflict right here. KC has a very good fan base. Their fans are very loyal and extremely passionate about football....but then they have ownership that's more leaned towards the business aspect of things. Its just not a good mix. Who suffers? The fans. It's too bad ownership takes for granted the support KC fans have shown over the years. KC fans should be rewarded for their contributions.

Ming the Merciless
12-12-2011, 10:10 PM
Same here.

pretty much, and I know I have had some disagreements with some of you at times..

but I think a consensus is forming LOL

crossbow
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Clark really wanted to get it right the first time. Pioli was the golden boy elevated by the approval of all the experts in the league. We all thought it was a grand slam home run choice. We didn't know Pioli would choke the fun out of the team with his gag rules of secrecy and questionable early draft picks. Clark even said he wanted what we wanted...a franchise QB. All the power went to Pioli's head and the team/fans are paying for it. I am not defending Clark I am just using hindsight to show that he wants what we want and it just isn't turning out the way it was supposed to.

So if Pioli is as smart as they say then he will pick a good coach, draft a QB that his new coach wants, let the new man pick his own staff and Scot will leave him alone to handle the competition part of the team while Scot handles the business part of it. If not then I guess there are plenty of other things to do on Sunday afternoons besides watching the futility of a mediocre organization waisting everyone's time.

Chief Roundup
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't know about numb...But definately scared we are headed in a bad direction. I don't want to become the Chiefs of the late 70's and 80's. I am afraid that we are heading in this cycle of hiring and firing coaches and GM's and continually turning the roster to where there is no end in site. Don't want to go through that again.

stonedstooge
12-12-2011, 10:25 PM
The secrecy is family wide for the Hunts. The different offshoots of the family run multi billion dollar businesses. Yet do a search on them and you can't find out shit. There is some information about what they did in the 60's. Had to be bailed out by the government, working with Ghadaffi in Libya, always trying to screw someone else out of money. Real patriots they are

kcxiv
12-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Me pretty much. Im just at a point where none of this matters if we dont get a qb.

Reerun_KC
12-12-2011, 10:28 PM

Agree. Just totally finding myself not caring about this team.

chiefzilla1501
12-12-2011, 10:34 PM

This is what drives me crazy.

The whole tree thing... it's come to the point where he can't hire outside of the tree because outsiders don't know how to run his schemes. So we can't hire the best head coach available. WE have to hire the best coach available off the tree. THat's a sad, sad state of affairs.

Al Bundy
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM
TBG, I feel that way about my Buccaneers.

Sofa King
12-12-2011, 10:36 PM

This is pretty much how i feel.

Rausch
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
This might be the most excited I've been all season...

Hammock Parties
12-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Nah, I'm pretty excited. I'm looking at this as the first step towards moving on from Cassel.

lewdog
12-12-2011, 10:40 PM
Nah, I'm pretty excited. I'm looking at this as the first step towards moving on from Cassel.

I see it as the opposite. Use Haley as the scapegoat so Cassel comes back?

The Bunk
12-12-2011, 10:41 PM

Could you explain what you mean by the bolded part? Not being argumentative, but I haven't read the book and would like to know what you mean.

The Bad Guy
12-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Could you explain what you mean by the bolded part? Not being argumentative, but I haven't read the book and would like to know what you mean.

He constantly talks about roster evaluation and the need to improve it at every step. He talks about how he met the day after the first SB and made roster decisions then. He talks about how important the QB is, but then he keeps around Cassel.

FAX
12-12-2011, 10:45 PM
You know, after all this time, when Lamar passed and Clark hired Pioli (the executive of the century) who, in turn, hired Haley (a young, innovative, fiery coach who could grow with the team), I thought things would be different. I thought Clark would be different. I thought Pioli would be different. I thought Haley would be different.

But, I'm afraid I was tricked by my own hope and their rhetoric. They have stayed way under the cap ever since Arrowhead was renovated and we all know the reason why. They have hired staff that has brought change, but only in the sense that they've pissed off more people than usual. They have stuck with another talentless moron at quarterback in the face of unarguable evidence he is a doofus and a loser. In short, nothing much has changed at all.

Still, they sell tickets. People pay parking fees and purchase beers and hotdogs. And on Red Friday, people still walk around wearing their loser shirts. It doesn't matter that, historically, we're one of the worst franchises in all of professional sport. It doesn't matter that we are the laughing stock of the NFL. And, it doesn't matter if we choose not to fight for respect in the league. None of those things matter because the Chiefs Nation will still support the team. They are like zombies attracted to the noise and light.

Well, I'm no zombie. I choose life over being half-dead or more and stumbling around looking for brains for lunch. Clark has tried. Pioli has tried. But, I refuse to be hypnotized by their lies and destructive, evil, zombie-making powers. It's hard to break a habit, and being a Chiefs fan is habitual for me, but there has to be more in this world to look forward to than watching a football team make a fool out of you day after day, year after year.

FAX

tk13
12-12-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't care about the secrecy or press conference answers or any of that stuff. I think fans put way too much stock into that, but at least they care, I guess. Amazing at this point. I just want them to make smart decisions. Not sure if we did that today or not. Although it's obvious Haley and Pioli can't work together, so something had to be done. What sucks is this organization always finds a way to be dysfunctional and have so much drama. All the way back to how Gunther was fired. I think it's every bit as bad as the Royals, if not worse honestly... even though everyone laughs at me for saying that.

Plus, I'm really concerned we're going to hire McDaniels. I think I would rather re-hire Haley, Herm, or Vermeil.

milkman
12-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Feel the same.

I just don't care.

chiefzilla1501
12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
He constantly talks about roster evaluation and the need to improve it at every step. He talks about how he met the day after the first SB and made roster decisions then. He talks about how important the QB is, but then he keeps around Cassel.

It's fascinating how he doesn't do the things in KC he did in New England.

He was very collaborative with Bellichick. In KC, he completely undermines Haley.

He drafted a QB several times. In KC, stubborn as hell.

tk13
12-12-2011, 10:51 PM
That's the other thing. Everyone keeps saying it can't get worse. It can't get worse with Cassel out, it can't get worse with Palko out, it can't get worse with Haley gone. That's a bunch of crap. It can get worse.

milkman
12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
It's fascinating how he doesn't do the things in KC he did in New England.

He was very collaborative with Bellichick. In KC, he completely undermines Haley.

He drafted a QB several times. In KC, stubborn as hell.

In New England, he was the underling.

Here, he's the boss.

OnTheWarpath15
That's the other thing. Everyone keeps saying it can't get worse. It can't get worse with Cassel out, it can't get worse with Palko out, it can't get worse with Haley gone. That's a bunch of crap. It can get worse.

They hire someone from the tree, and it's going to get worse.

stevieray

salt to the wound.

Rasputin
IMO, what this fireing of Todd Haley tells me is that Clark Hunt cares about his football team and fans. It means that Scott Pioli is put on notice that his next HC hire better be the right one that respects the city of Kansas City and the KC Chiefs and better put a winning team on the field.

The only thing I'm exited is if we see a rookie QB take over the helm of starting duties and my hope is for the best. I can be patient and expect growing pains with young QB however those growing pains are necessary for this team to get off the ground. It's going be fun to watch the lights come on for this team to get it.

OnTheWarpath15
In New England, he was the underling.

Here, he's the boss.

Jackpot.

cdcox
12-12-2011, 10:54 PM
It can get worse.

Not if you're numb.

Reerun_KC
12-12-2011, 10:56 PM
At this.point. I am lot sure they can repair the fan base and team in one offseason. I can't see one hire that would give us hope going forward.

FAX
12-12-2011, 10:58 PM

That's what I've been trying to say for months. You can bitch until you're blue in the ass about canning people right and left, but unless you have a plan for what happens after the right and left people canning, you're borrowing trouble.

For example, we did just get worse. Crennel is now HC. He may do a good job or he may replicate his Cleveland experience, we don't know. But, what we do know is that he can no longer give the defense his full attention and we'll see the result of that on the field. Anyone who argues that consistency isn't important in the NFL hasn't been paying attention.

FAX

12-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Just don't hold your breath. I'm expecting Mcfuckup the cheater or Ferentz.

BigMeatballDave
12-12-2011, 11:00 PM

Unicorns and Rainbows

Bewbies
12-12-2011, 11:02 PM
They hire someone from the tree, and it's going to get worse.

This is exactly how I feel.

12-12-2011, 11:03 PM

It's just a joke.
thats what pisses me off. We are supposed to be happy with a playoff appearances. I want a damn superbowl win. We haven't had a team capable of that since 1993. I would include 1995 and 1997 but they were one and done so they don't deserve a mention in this conversation.

EDIT

That isn't a knock on the players either. Thats a knock on team management

BigMeatballDave
12-12-2011, 11:04 PM
This is the biggest conflict right here. KC has a very good fan base. Their fans are very loyal and extremely passionate about football....but then they have ownership that's more leaned towards the business aspect of things. Its just not a good mix. Who suffers? The fans. It's too bad ownership takes for granted the support KC fans have shown over the years. KC fans should be rewarded for their contributions.

They may be loyal, but most of them are stupid.

I have several friends in Kc and they all think Matt is actually good.

The Bunk
12-12-2011, 11:06 PM
At this.point. I am lot sure they can repair the fan base and team in one offseason. I can't see one hire that would give us hope going forward.

A coach that insists on drafting a QB. That fixes a lot of it.

I haven't decided who that is yet. I haven't heard of a single potential candidate that gets me excited.

munkey
12-12-2011, 11:07 PM
IMO, what this fireing of Todd Haley tells me is that Clark Hunt cares about his football team and fans. It means that Scott Pioli is put on notice that his next HC hire better be the right one that respects the city of Kansas City and the KC Chiefs and better put a winning team on the field.

I endorse this post...spot on.

12-12-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm giving it until the 1st day of the draft.

Until then, I will hold out hope that whoever comes in makes a move to make this his team.

If we start the season with Cassel.

I will go into hibernation until the next regime.

We are starting the season with CAssel no matter what. The kicker will be whether or not we draft one of the QBs in the first round. If we don't, we are fucked regardless of the coach.

FAX
12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
A coach that insists on drafting a QB. That fixes a lot of it.

I haven't decided who that is yet. I haven't heard of a single potential candidate that gets me excited.

The problem we're faced with at the moment appears to be this, Mr. The Bunk;

1) Haley embarrassed Clark by getting a ghastly technical foul during a game.

and ...

2) Haley was apparently unwilling to curl up in Pioli's lap when decision-making time came along.

They have to solve those problems right pronto, so ...

1) We must hire a coach who will never infringe upon the Chiefs' pristine image.

and ...

2) We must hire a coach who will obey Pioli in all things at all times.

You can find a coach like that teaching kindergarten. And, that, my friend, is where we are.

FAX

Okie_Apparition
12-12-2011, 11:12 PM
just my nuts

FAX
12-12-2011, 11:15 PM
We are starting the season with CAssel no matter what. The kicker will be whether or not we draft one of the QBs in the first round. If we don't, we are ****ed regardless of the coach.

Based on an objective review of the facts, it does appear that Cassel is staying ... and starting.

And, as we know, Cassel has a fragile ego and may not be threatened or challenged by competition in camp or otherwise psychologically disturbed. So, I wouldn't count on a QB in the draft (unless it's in the lower rounds), Mr. Guru. But, even if we did draft a well-thought-of QB, Pioli's philosophy dictates that he not see action for a year or two.

FAX

ChiefsSuckBalls
12-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Poor Chiefs. Sniffle.

munkey
12-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Based on an objective review of the facts, it does appear that Cassel is staying ... and starting.

And, as we know, Cassel has a fragile ego and may not be threatened or challenged by competition in camp or otherwise psychologically disturbed. So, I wouldn't count on a QB in the draft (unless it's in the lower rounds), Mr. Guru. But, even if we did draft a well-thought-of QB, Pioli's philosophy dictates that he not see action for a year or two.

FAX

I don't know...I think your wrong...I only say that in light of the fact Clark fired Haley..by doing it Pioli is on the hot seat...smart decision IMO.

FAX
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't know...I think your wrong...I only say that in light of the fact Clark fired Haley..by doing it Pioli is on the hot seat...smart decision IMO.

We shall see, Mr. munkey.

FAX

Fat Elvis
12-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Not if you're numb.

I think you would probably be a better GM than Pioli, and I am 100% serious about that.

We've sucked so bad for so long, I would like to see a RADICAL change. I would like to see some no-name (sorry cd, but outside of your academic circles, lets face facts) run this organization. cd "gets" football, and he is a stats guru. I say pull a "Moneyball" on the Chiefs.

There are thousands of people out there who are literally smarter than Pioli and are fanatics about football; goofballs like Mecca (not saying he is smarter than Pioli), well, all they do with their lives is analyze football. At least they aren't wasting thier time devising ways to keep the fanbase in the dark.

I don't think we need to shake things up. We need to BLOW THINGS UP.

If Clark wants to make money hand over fist, then fine. At least make it interesting for us fans. Having someone like cd- like us- would add a whole new dimension to pro football.

We already suck with one of the "top" executives; who really cares if we suck with a really left field GM? Even if we get worse, we get better. This team is so screwed up now it botches opportunities for halfway decent draft picks. At least we won't have some dumbass drafting a Tyson Jackson to prove what a "genious" they are to everyone when we do have an awesome pick.

Rasputin
12-12-2011, 11:42 PM

I have new found respect for Clark for doing this. He went to Pioli about his concerns and then got what he wanted. I don't think Clark is going be loyal to Pioli as his daddy was to Peterson. Clark made it clear this is unacceptable for HC in Kansas City and unucceptable to not have growth for a winning football team. No excuses for injuries or this close to Christmas.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-12-2011, 11:45 PM
I have new found respect for Clark for doing this. He went to Pioli about his concerns and then got what he wanted. I don't think Clark is going be loyal to Pioli as his daddy was to Peterson. Clark made it clear this is unacceptable for HC in Kansas City and unucceptable to not have growth for a winning football team. No excuses for injuries or this close to Christmas.

Once he calls Pioli on the shitty (lack of) depth he saddled Haley with I might be on board.

okcchief
12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
The press conference today did nothing for my hopes. I think Haley needed to be fired because he's just not a head coach, but Pioli is just as big of a problem. I'm guessing he will have 2 years to prove himself so he better make this next coaching hire count and get away from Cassel. Unfortunately, I think Pioli is more of a Cassel guy than Haley.

So yes, I'm numb to it and expect us to repeat the same mistakes for 2 more years at least. I'm hoping he shocks us.

Making a move towards a franchise QB is more important to most of us than a coaching change and I don't think it's going to happen.

So meh

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Multiple sources have talked about how much Clark loves Pioli. I don't think he went to him with a demand as much as they agreed on a scapegoat that Pioli helped create.

Okie_Apparition
12-12-2011, 11:56 PM
Some of you poor bastards have struggled through the Steadman & Peterson years. Leaving you calloused & jaded. Apparently justifidly so

Some of us will just have to wait by the fireplace a few Christmas eves & find out for ourselves. That santa was only a lie to make us easier to control

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I think we're going to have to come to the realization that Clark Hunt does not love this team. He's not a fan of the Chiefs, he's a businessman treating it as an asset.

NJChiefsFan
12-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I will become numb to this if Cassel remains. I am not sure I can even take them drafting a QB under him. I certainly will lose all hope, faith, joy ect. if Cassel comes back next season with some idiot and Stanzi underneath him.

philfree
12-13-2011, 12:02 AM

IMO Clark looked pissed off and Pioli looked like he just had his ass chewed up. Pioli answered questions like he was walking on egg shells. At this point I'm not convinced that Clark isn't a heartbeat away from firing Pioli.

okcchief
12-13-2011, 12:04 AM
I usually take a couple of trips to see games but I'm done until this team attempts to do SOMETHING with the QB position. Why the fuck can they not see this is the biggest problem. If we had a choice today of firing Haley or releasing Cassel I think I know what the fan base picks.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2011, 12:05 AM
IMO Clark looked pissed off and Pioli looked like he just had his ass chewed up. Pioli answered questions like he was walking on egg shells. At this point I'm not convinced that Clark isn't a heartbeat away from firing Pioli.

How would you feel about this shit if you were Clark?

You made Pioli the highest paid balla ass GM in the league and three years later you have to hold an embarrassing press conference announcing the firing of your head coach after getting blasted 15 times in 46 games.

And to boot, season ticket sales are in the shitter.

Clark is pissed.

Rasputin

That's a good feeling to have right now. I don't think Clark is like his father in this aspect for loyalty. That has got to be worth something for this to work.

NJChiefsFan
I usually take a couple of trips to see games but I'm done until this team attempts to do SOMETHING with the QB position. Why the **** can they not see this is the biggest problem. If we had a choice today of firing Haley or releasing Cassel I think I know what the fan base picks.

Agreed 100%. I drive out to Arrowhead every year and would have gone to the Jets, NE, and IND game but I can't spend money on this team. I don't mind rooting for a struggling team, but keeping Cassel is just beyond what I can handle.

Shogun
12-13-2011, 12:06 AM
How would you feel about this shit if you were Clark?

You made Pioli the highest paid balla ass GM in the league and three years later you have to hold an embarrassing press conference announcing the firing of your head coach after getting blasted 15 times in 46 games.

And to boot, season ticket sales are in the shitter.

Clark is pissed.

You dont mess with clarks bread. No fucking way.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-13-2011, 12:09 AM
I think we're going to have to come to the realization that Clark Hunt does not love this team. He's not a fan of the Chiefs, he's a businessman treating it as an asset.

If there's a chance that's true I'd like several years of my life back and I thank God I stopped caring too much years ago.

Titty Meat
12-13-2011, 12:10 AM

Doesn't mean we can't win.

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-13-2011, 12:12 AM

Hope you're right.

Jerm
12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
Hunt and Pioli just come off as the biggest trolljob around right now...they're fucking with us left and right...

Phobia
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM

I feel like I'm 5th grade and just witnessed a 7th grader steal my gym shoes. But we're in the Principal's office and he's standing there holding my shoes insisting that they're his. Except they have my name written on the tongue of them. So he tells the principal that I must have written my name in his shoes while he wasn't looking. Except it's not my handwriting, it's my mom's. So, the principal gives my shoes to the 7th grade bully and they have a good laugh at my expense. But I have to keep going back to school every day anyway... and look at the older boy wearing my shoes around. But the older boy tells everybody that they're his shoes and that I am the one who is the problem...

That's a pretty strange story but that's kinda how I feel every time I accidentally hear a Chiefs press conference. Those press conferences make me want to kick ducklings.

Hammock Parties
12-13-2011, 12:31 AM

Right now the asset is an ass.

The new CBA is probably a boon for the Chiefs. Clark can afford to gamble on multiple first-round QBs without blowing the bank.

Earthling
12-13-2011, 12:46 AM
My biggest problem is finding a way to be a fan of ANY other team other than the Chiefs. :banghead: I have tried. Even while I hate the scrooge of an owner, the GM and draft choices; even while I feel depressed because of the shit team we seem to consistently have on the field; even after all that I am still hoping for the future and the front office to get a clue. I'm pretty damn close to giving up though. Hell, I'm getting too old to wait too much longer for them to get their shit together.

Phobia
12-13-2011, 12:49 AM
My biggest problem is finding a way to be a fan of ANY other team other than the Chiefs. :banghead: I have tried. Even while I hate the scrooge of an owner, the GM and draft choices; even while I feel depressed because of the shit team we seem to consistently have on the field; even after all that I am still hoping for the future and the front office to get a clue. I'm pretty damn close to giving up though. Hell, I'm getting too old to wait too much longer for them to get their shit together.

Yeah - it's not like you can just run down to the store and perch some other cap on your head. If only it were that easy, my green and yellow hat would be sparkling bright right now.

FAX
12-13-2011, 01:48 AM

I think this is actually close to the truth of the thing.

As for the press conference, to me, that was a board-room report crap sandwich served up in an effort to appear as though they still had a clue as to what they were doing. If I were Chairman of that Board, I'd have brought both their asses to a vote on the spot. They dodged question after question and attempted to manufacture evidence that this was a smart move ... at this time. "No, it wasn't one thing. It was the culmination of many things (and we have a great working relationship with Todd Haley) but we made the decision this morning. Besides, we still have a mathematical chance to make the playoffs, after all." Thank you. I'll have another, sir.

The only things they did say that were meaningful were horrifying. Clark indicates that he needs to be more involved while voicing his undying and total confidence in Pioli who, for his part, stated that he had to do a better job on both the front-line roster and depth. I ask myself, "If he knows that he needs to do a better job and is capable of one, why hasn't he done something by now ... year three?" Cassel? Palko? Orton? Tyson Jackson? Two Yard? McGraw? Pissmybelly? Whoever our tight ends are?

It smacks of shameless hypocrisy to stand up there and say you're firing your coach and in the same breath talk about how you have failed in your job.

FAX

PornChief
12-13-2011, 01:51 AM
make Cassel HC so he can't play.

Phobia
12-13-2011, 01:53 AM
It smacks of shameless hypocrisy to stand up there and say you're firing your coach and in the same breath talk about how you have failed in your job.

FAX
That's actually the only part I liked. They're willing to absorb some of the responsibility. That's somewhat refreshing.

I just hate all the other non-response responses. I'm going to start calling Chiefs press conferences "Dancing With The Stars".

FAX
12-13-2011, 02:06 AM
That's actually the only part I liked. They're willing to absorb some of the responsibility. That's somewhat refreshing.

I just hate all the other non-response responses. I'm going to start calling Chiefs press conferences "Dancing With The Stars".

I saw it differently, I suppose. To me, it looked like a classic, canned, damage-control strategy, Mr. Phobia. The Post-Sacrifice Mea Culpa.

If they are both willing and capable, don't talk about it. Do it. Hard results mean more than vague explanations. And it's year three, after all. You can fire all the coaches you want, but the players are Pioli's responsibility. That's what he said when he was hired, anyhow. Did he take a magic pill that suddenly gave him the ability to improve the roster? To what do we owe this sudden improvement in ability and knowledge? Was Haley's presence preventing him from doing his job? Gag me.

FAX

Rasputin
12-13-2011, 02:18 AM
Right now my feelings are on hold until I see a rookie QB start for this team. Just when I get a little dash of hope the rug gets pulled out from under me. I'm tired of falling on my ass. I can say I know how Charlie Brown feels when Lucy keeps pulling the ball away just as Charlie Brown tries to kick it, over and over again.

DonkyPuncher
12-13-2011, 02:21 AM

I know right?? Why fire a guy if all you're going to do is praise him?? According to the press conference there was no reason for it other than inconsistency and not being able to over come injuries which is not Haley's fault

Johnny Vegas
12-13-2011, 02:23 AM

I have a thing about the fans behind the team. If the fan base is full of dipshits then thats not the team for me. I like the fans in Seattle. Very proud to be the 12th man. Proud in general being their place in the sports world. I'm a Mariners fan so maybe thats why I would root for Seattle.

Phobia
12-13-2011, 02:31 AM
I have a thing about the fans behind the team. If the fan base is full of dipshits then thats not the team for me.

Every single team's fanbase has their share of dipshits. Fans are just people who get roped into fandom of their team for various reasons... their daddy was a fan. They grew up there. They live in close geographical proximity. One of their favorite college players got drafted by that team. They like the colors. and so on...

They aren't any different than Chiefs fans - we have plenty of dipshits too.

Rasputin
12-13-2011, 02:37 AM
I got a weird hunch in my gut. That Cassel is not in the picture next year, however Pioli is going to want to bring in Josh McDummy to coach in some compacity not sure HC, to coach with Stanzi tho. I think he wants to duplicate what they did with Tom Brady and Stanzi is has same make up or similarities to what Tom Brady has in NE. Late draft pick to show how smarter he is in evaluating QBs in the draft. I don't know just kind of a thought for now? I don't think Clark Hunt will buy into McDummy on the spot. They better do there do diligence in the new HC.

teedubya
12-13-2011, 02:40 AM
Pioli needs a couple arrows to the knee.

OzarksChiefsFan
12-13-2011, 03:00 AM

Are you kidding me? How many times did Herm get blown out?

Hammock Parties
12-13-2011, 03:01 AM
herp derp

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2011/12/12/11/24/1gbrNB.SlMa.81.jpg

Johnny Vegas
12-13-2011, 03:14 AM
Every single team's fanbase has their share of dipshits. Fans are just people who get roped into fandom of their team for various reasons... their daddy was a fan. They grew up there. They live in close geographical proximity. One of their favorite college players got drafted by that team. They like the colors. and so on...

They aren't any different than Chiefs fans - we have plenty of dipshits too.

True. My only argument to that is volume by numbers of dipshits. I was vague on what kind of dipshits, too. I compare the Seahawks fan base with the Chiefs because of their loud and proud fan base. I could never be an Eagles or Steelers fan because those teams fans have absolutely the most in numbers cocky, pound-on-chest, the world doesn't know any better kind of perception and I couldn't share a seat on the couch on Sundays with a group like that. Is all I'm saying.

NJChiefsFan
12-13-2011, 03:23 AM

:clap: Exactly. Todd had plenty wrong with him but you know the cancer is still there.

Are you kidding me? How many times did Herm get blown out?

Are you kidding us? Are you attempting to defend Herm? Even if you are just going after Haley do not, in any way, defend Herm's abilities on the field. The guy didn't get blown out for one simple reason....he coached with the only intention of keeping the score close. He didn't care about winning, only keeping it close.

Its really not shocking he didn't get blown out because all he did was run the ball and play bend but don't break on defense to keep it close. The fact that he he is known for the phrase "You play to win the game" is as big an example of irony as you are ever going to find.

KCrockaholic
12-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Any chance we can bring back Dick as OC and Marty as HC?

I mean, those are the ONLY coaches in Chiefs history that weren't fired. They walked away on their own terms.

Just joking btw.

Rausch
12-13-2011, 03:34 AM
I see it as the opposite. Use Haley as the scapegoat so Cassel comes back?

Why?

It's so much easier to replace a QB than a HC.

Bad logic there...

Rausch
12-13-2011, 03:34 AM
Any chance we can bring back Dick as OC and Marty as HC?

I mean, those are the ONLY coaches in Chiefs history that weren't fired. They walked away on their own terms.

Just joking btw.

I'd take Al Saunders and keep Romeo (if possible.)

stumppy
12-13-2011, 04:22 AM
I'd take Al Saunders and keep Romeo (if possible.)

That could drag the Chiefs, kicking and screaming, in the right direction.

jlscorpio
12-13-2011, 04:36 AM
this whole ordeal has been a really odd feeling for me. But then again, so has the last 3 years. I was so happy watching that first presser w/Haley and Pioli as the new regime. As with most things, anything that seems too good to be true probably is. The Tyson Jackson pick should've been my first clue. I used to live and die by this team, and today I feel almost nothing. But I can't switch teams, so I won't. I still look forward to the draft every year, but if they fuck it up this year (as in, NOT drafting one of the top 3 QB's w/the first rd pick), I will love my team from a distance until the ship is righted. I just can't get the kool aid to go down like I could 10 years ago. The presser was hard to watch because you knew it was 100% avoidance, lack of accountability, and flat out lies. There are several players on this squad that I really like, but the clueless FO can blow me. I hope they prove me wrong.

Rausch
12-13-2011, 05:42 AM
That could drag the Chiefs, kicking and screaming, in the right direction.

Al Saunders is a Haley-level azzhole and he actually IS an offensive Guru.

He's earned his chance...

the Talking Can
12-13-2011, 05:46 AM
If they draft a QB in the 1st, everything changes regardless of who they hire.

If they don't draft a QB, nothing changes regardless of who they hire.

QBs make coaches. QBs make franchises. QBs make GMs.

This is not a broken record. This is THE ONLY OPERATIVE TRUTH IN THE NFL.

but yeah, once I was told I couldn't kill Pioli and his family going back 15 generations I was all like, "meh..."

Rausch
12-13-2011, 05:51 AM
If they draft a QB in the 1st, everything changes regardless of who they hire.

If they don't draft a QB, nothing changes regardless of who they hire.

This is not a broken record. This is THE ONLY OPERATIVE TRUTH IN THE NFL.

I think we'll see an Orton/Stanzi/Rookie depth chart next year at QB.

And while it's not popular I do like sitting the franchise QB for a year or 2.

It sure didn't hurt guys like McNair or Rodgers...

bricks
12-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Doesn't mean we can't win.

They can. But winning becomes much more difficult when you have an owner who is more about business than anything else.

eazyb81
12-13-2011, 07:17 AM
I agree completely with the OP.

The problem is that we all know - whether we like him or not - that Haley wasn't the real problem with this team. Replacing him doesn't magically make Cassel an elite QB or allow Pioli's genius to finally shine.

The most important player on our team is also likely our worst and has literally zero chance of improving at this point in his career. Yet we don't have the stones to make a dramatic change, so we will continue down this course for the foreseeable future. There truly is no hope.

We are going to lose games this year, but we won't lose enough to get in position to draft one of the top QBs. We may be willing to trade up, but we won't be willing to give up enough to move into the top 5. Our leadership will tell themselves that they tried, and will continue to run out Cassel or push Orton as the new savior. The best we can probably hope for is trading for someone like Matt Flynn.

The situation is hopeless and it has zero to do with Haley.

FringeNC
12-13-2011, 07:27 AM

I agree with the qualifier that it runs the other way, too. Drew Brees is going to be a good quarterback no matter what, but will he be a HOF'er without Sean Payton? Same with Joe Montana and Bill Walsh. John Elway sure didn't make Dan Reeves a HOF coach, but he did with Mike Shanahan. The coach matters too.

Ebolapox
12-13-2011, 07:33 AM
TBG, I feel that way about my Buccaneers.

eh, call me when you haven't won the super bowl in the past 40-ish years. you've been less than ten years, cry me a river. PLUS, you guys aren't scared of drafting a QB in the first round.

BigRock
12-13-2011, 07:35 AM
Al Saunders is a Haley-level azzhole and he actually IS an offensive Guru.

He's earned his chance...

Al Saunders couldn't get a head coaching gig if he was getting off a plane in Hawaii with a fistful of pardons.

the Talking Can
12-13-2011, 07:37 AM

i don't have a problem sitting a guy...just get him on the roster and everything else will take care of itself...just pull the trigger

the Talking Can
12-13-2011, 07:40 AM
having thought about it for a day, the only thing that really pisses me off is discovering that Pioli has been undermining the coach HE HIRED for two years...

there is something so chicken shit, so typical-office-politics about it that makes me mad and it has nothing to do with the Chiefs continuing to suck...

i hate seeing d-bag, flunky, backstabbers get away with it

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 07:44 AM

They're not gonna draft a QB.

They got their "Tom Brady" in Stanzi.

We're going into the season with a Cassel/Orton/Stanzi depth chart.

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
having thought about it for a day, the only thing that really pisses me off is discovering that Pioli has been undermining the coach HE HIRED for two years...

there is something so chicken shit, so typical-office-politics about it that makes me mad and it has nothing to do with the Chiefs continuing to suck...

It actually has EVERYTHING to do with the Chiefs continuing to suck.

A head coach...hell, an ORGANIZATION...will never be successful when the people in charge behave like that.

the Talking Can
12-13-2011, 07:50 AM
It actually has EVERYTHING to do with the Chiefs continuing to suck.

A head coach...hell, an ORGANIZATION...will never be successful when the people in charge behave like that.

yeah, i get it

my point was that the Chiefs sucking and continuing to suck isn't what bothers me..I am numb...it's just the idea of a d-bag getting away with being a d-bag

FringeNC
12-13-2011, 07:51 AM

Pioli is the GM. Fire Haley if you don't think it's a good fit, but the undermining of Haley...gutless. Completely gutless. What's odd is that his wife's father is a great friend of Haley. It'd be interesting to get a truthful take from Parcells about all this.

FAX
12-13-2011, 08:08 AM

Yeah ... the day after and this is a very powerful residual effect of the whole fiasco in my mind.

And it appears that is exactly what occurred.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
12-13-2011, 08:36 AM

count me numb as well. Pioli is looking for a puppet. Cassel will still be the QB (and suck) and everything remains the same except for the head coach.

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 09:11 AM
Pioli is the GM. Fire Haley if you don't think it's a good fit, but the undermining of Haley...gutless. Completely gutless. What's odd is that his wife's father is a great friend of Haley. It'd be interesting to get a truthful take from Parcells about all this.

Exactly.

Chiefnj2
12-13-2011, 09:13 AM
Exactly how did Pioli undermine Haley? By bringing in good coordinators?

Frazod
12-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Bearcat posted this in another thread a couple of days ago. This guy might as well be wearing red and standing in front of Arrowhead. Hell, we've even got the Browns' fired head coach as our head coach now.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tRBDMMVctu8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Dole
12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Bob Dole has been numb to this train wreck for the past few weeks. Didn't even wear a jersey two Sundays ago for the first time in over a decade. Sat at a bar with no Sunday Ticket and watched the network games and Red Zone. And laughed at the offensive offensive stats in the first half.

The don'tgiveashit here is strong.

bevischief
12-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Bob Dole has been numb to this train wreck for the past few weeks. Didn't even wear a jersey two Sundays ago for the first time in over a decade. Sat at a bar with no Sunday Ticket and watched the network games and Red Zone. And laughed at the offensive offensive stats in the first half.

The don'tgiveashit here is strong.

I haven't watched the Chiefs in 3 weeks.

FringeNC
12-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Exactly how did Pioli undermine Haley? By bringing in good coordinators?

I guess it is speculation, but there are quite a few guys out there supposedly in the know, claiming Pioli was leaking all kinds of trivial, negative shit about Haley. If he was indeed doing this rather than having the balls to fire Haley for insubordination or whatever, then Pioli is a joke.

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 09:49 AM
I guess it is speculation, but there are quite a few guys out there supposedly in the know, claiming Pioli was leaking all kinds of trivial, negative shit about Haley. If he was indeed doing this rather than having the balls to fire Haley for insubordination or whatever, then Pioli is a joke.

People have been saying for a year that the "rift" stuff was being leaked to the national media by Pioli.

Sofa King
12-13-2011, 09:54 AM
I haven't watched the Chiefs in 3 weeks.

I muted the game and had it on in the background while i played skyrim.

Occasionally i glanced at the score just to see that nothing was any different than i expected.

bevischief
12-13-2011, 09:59 AM

Occasionally i glanced at the score just to see that nothing was any different than i expected.

I didn't even turn the TV on last Sunday.

Frazod
12-13-2011, 10:05 AM
I didn't even turn the TV on last Sunday.

Watched until the Jets scored their second touchdown. Then I turned it off and went back to playing Skyrim. Checked the score later and it was 35-3. Laughed, shook my head, went back to playing Skyrim.

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks like I need to buy Skyrim. ROFL

Sofa King
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM

It's better than watching the Chiefs get the ever living shit kicked out of them.

Frazod
12-13-2011, 10:18 AM

It helps tremendously. :D

okcchief
12-13-2011, 10:33 AM

This is what bothers me as well. It reminds me of my job where assholes that have never done the job think they know everything and make your job harder. I really think Pioli is more of a problem and the sooner he gets shit canned the better.

lcarus
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Clark really wanted to get it right the first time. Pioli was the golden boy elevated by the approval of all the experts in the league. We all thought it was a grand slam home run choice. We didn't know Pioli would choke the fun out of the team with his gag rules of secrecy and questionable early draft picks. Clark even said he wanted what we wanted...a franchise QB. All the power went to Pioli's head and the team/fans are paying for it. I am not defending Clark I am just using hindsight to show that he wants what we want and it just isn't turning out the way it was supposed to.

So if Pioli is as smart as they say then he will pick a good coach, draft a QB that his new coach wants, let the new man pick his own staff and Scot will leave him alone to handle the competition part of the team while Scot handles the business part of it. If not then I guess there are plenty of other things to do on Sunday afternoons besides watching the futility of a mediocre organization waisting everyone's time.

I agree with you. I'm not all about hating on Clark just yet. He decided it was time for Herm and Carl to go, which we ALL wanted. Then he went out and got the most coveted GM available. Then he turned it all over to Scott, and he's ****ed us. We'll just see what Clark does if Pioli fails with his next coach.

boogblaster
12-13-2011, 11:01 AM
well Pioli head should be on the block if he F's up the next staff and no QB hire ....

bobbymitch
12-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Well, yea, pretty much.

My father bought 6 season tickets when they first came to town. I remember going to the old municipal stadium, paying local homeowners to park in their yard.

During their early glory years, I was in SE Asia and missed it all. Upon my return, it was back in red, cheering on the team, but now from high in the corner of the new Arrowhead Stadium.

After my dad died, mother slowly got rid of the other 4 seats and had slowly improved the seats to Section 118. In 1993, we "won" the superbowl lottery and just had to get past the Bills. My mother passed about midway through the season and to get the SB tickets, the ticket holder had to show up in person. This caused a delimma. Although they would honor the lottery, we had to start all over again as to "seniorty."

This "seniority" bit chaffed my ass a great deal, but what could we do.

Then over the years, the ticket prices escalated year after year. Finally, when I retired, we just couldn't afford to keep them anymore. Now I wasn't expecting the organization to do anything to keep us around, and they didn't. Just a "Well, bye."

So our Sundays start with let's see what the Chiefs are doing, and lately, it makes more sense of my time to load up the burn barrel and go burn the trash.

So sad to see what has happened to the Chiefs.

Hydrae
12-13-2011, 11:26 AM
Unicorns and Rainbows

Unicorns armed and........FIRE RAINBOW!

http://www.fhm.com/App_Media/Uploads/Images/Original/image/mr-toots-live-action.jpg

Frosty
12-13-2011, 11:28 AM

I've been watching large chunks of the last few games on fast forward. DirecTiVo is helping to keep my blood pressure in check. It seems to go up with too much exposure to Tyler Palko.