PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Conundrum...

Discuss Thrower
12-13-2011, 12:28 PM
So say the Chiefs start Stanzi for the remainder of the season. Do you want him to succeed and put the team in a position to win games which will further hamper KC's drafting position, or do you passively desire him to suck so it further reinforces the idea that drafting a QB is of the utmost importance to the organization.

Poll forthcoming and yes I am a bastard.

And as always...

DISCUS

Mr_Tomahawk
12-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Stanzi can find success without the team winning.

InChiefsHeaven
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
I hope the muthafugga goes in there and throws 4 TD's per game and 400 yards so we don't have to draft a QB...but since that ain't gonna happen...

...I don't think we're getting a QB anyway, we're already drafting too high. Unless we can work out some deal with the Rams, who probably maybe won't be interesting in a QB, I think we're screwed on getting a good one.

...so I hope Stanzi just fuckin' PWNS baby!

Three7s
12-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Stanzi can find success without the team winning.
I dunno, if he doesn't win then everyone will say stats are shit, only wins matter or whatever.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-13-2011, 12:32 PM
I dunno, if he doesn't win then everyone will say stats are shit, only wins matter or whatever.

Then I would say, go cheer for Tebow.

Gonzo
12-13-2011, 12:36 PM
I truly don't want anyone to fail. I hope he throws with accuracy and poise. I want to see him show the world that he had a pro arm and can make good decisions.
I just don't want them to win another game so they don't screw up their draft position any worse.
If they draft at 10, they can get some serious talent. We need to probably face facts here. This team will never draft a QB again. It's just not going to happen.
They truly believe in the FA system when it comes to QB's.
I don't know why, they just do.

Micjones
12-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Even if Stanzi plays well...A three-game stretch is too small a sample size to reconsider drafting a QB high. Worst-case scenario, you enter 2012 with two talented young QB's. Stanzi wins the job in camp...he keeps the starting job and you have a chance to let the rookie sit and learn.

Predarat
12-13-2011, 12:39 PM
3rd option is the best, Stanzi does well, Cheifs get a good draft position. Not that is matters, polly is going to fuck it up anyways.

Okie_Apparition
12-13-2011, 12:41 PM
Wasn't Croyle a better pro prospect
It wasn't injuries that did him in, in the end

~:)

Predarat
12-13-2011, 01:20 PM
Wasn't Croyle a better pro prospect
It wasn't injuries that did him in, in the end

~:)

Everytime his name is brought up, I think of this:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/troup_2006/bouncexj0.gif

Discuss Thrower
12-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Everytime his name is brought up, I think of this:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j124/troup_2006/bouncexj0.gif

You have my attention...

htismaqe
12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Even if Stanzi plays well...A three-game stretch is too small a sample size to reconsider drafting a QB high. Worst-case scenario, you enter 2012 with two talented young QB's. Stanzi wins the job in camp...he keeps the starting job and you have a chance to let the rookie sit and learn.

They aren't gonna draft a QB. Stanzi is the only hope we have of not having to sit through another season with Cassel or Orton.

Molitoth
12-13-2011, 01:30 PM
We are out of position to get Luck/RG3, so I'm hoping Stanzi can come in and play well, then we get Peyton Manning in the offseason. Haters gonna hate.

BigRichard
12-13-2011, 01:42 PM
We are out of position to get Luck/RG3, so I'm hoping Stanzi can come in and play well, then we get Peyton Manning in the offseason. Haters gonna hate.

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/hatersgonnahatep1.gif

whoman69
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
If he is going to have any success in winning games it takes us out of position to get a round 1 QB. I hope he shows enough so that he can be seen as QBotF. Otherwise we'll end up with TJ Yates in a couple of years.

Rain Man
12-13-2011, 06:56 PM
Let me be sure I understand this.

About half of Chiefsplanet wants to see our rookie QB come in, and they want to see him do well, and they want the rest of the team to be terrible in order to get a draft pick that will be used to replace the rookie quarterback who plays well.

Did I get that right?

Okie_Apparition
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
A bird in the had is worth two in the stink
~don't know what started this trend, why fight it

Discuss Thrower
12-13-2011, 07:50 PM
A bird in the had is worth two in the stink
~don't know what started this trend, why fight it

Butthurt? ... or is it ballsack?

WV
12-13-2011, 07:59 PM

About half of Chiefsplanet wants to see our rookie QB come in, and they want to see him do well, and they want the rest of the team to be terrible in order to get a draft pick that will be used to replace the rookie quarterback who plays well.

Did I get that right?

No exactly....I want him to do well enough for this regime to see we can dump the absolute shit in front of him. Doubt that happens though.

Gonzo
12-13-2011, 08:27 PM
The current regime drafted him, right?

I'm sure he sucks then.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
12-13-2011, 08:28 PM
If Stanzi gets us to 8-8 or even 7-9....shit, he might be the guy.

Clarification: IF HE WINS TWO OR THREE OF THE LAST THREE GAMES.

Brock
12-13-2011, 08:31 PM

Did I get that right?

You ever notice how teams that develop young QBs always seem to have one?

prhom
12-13-2011, 10:12 PM

Did I get that right?

Apparently this is the case. Starting Stanzi at this point is a no-brainier. If you are pioli and have to decide if it's worth trading away our entire draft for a qb, wouldn't you want to know just how well the rookie qb you already have can play? If we lose, so what? We're going to lose with palko anyway. If Stanzi can't handle the pressure its unlikely that he'll turn into Joe Montana just by holding a clipboard for two years.

Skyy God
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM

Did I get that right?

There's nothing wrong with developing a tradable asset/backup to go with a drafted QBOTF.

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 09:51 AM
I think we're already in a place where our chances of getting one of the top 3 guys are low.

I'm also firmly convinced they won't draft a QB in the 1st round anyway.

So my hope is that Stanzi lights it up because I don't want any part of seeing Cassel here next year.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
5% chance Stanzi is the QBOTF. 2.5% chance KC grabs RGIII in the draft. My vote is that Stanzi gets the nod and lights it up the last 3 weeks.

Honestly, if Orton is healthy I can't see any reason why Romeo wouldn't play him since Orton played GB this year and helped put up 20+ points, something KC's offense hasn't done in months.