PDA

View Full Version : 12/13/11 Nightfyre Mock Draft

Nightfyre
12-13-2011, 12:34 PM
Assumptions:
1) We are able to move up to pick third without compromising any of this year's selections (for simplicity's sake.)
2) We re-sign Bowe and Carr
3) We sign Paul Soliai and Ben Grubbs to a five year deal.
4) We sign Dan Koppen to a two-year deal.

1) Robert Griffin III, QB, Baylor
6'2" 220 lbs.
The number two QB on my notional big board. The Chiefs likely need to move up to secure him. Excellent poise, arm strength, mobility and accuracy. He is terrific about setting his feet. Concerns include pre-snap reads, footwork from under center and durability.

2) Dont'a Hightower, ILB, Alabama
6'4" 260 lbs.
A cerebral and talented linebacker to put next to DJ. He also is well-versed in Crennel's system having played at Alabama under Nick Saban. Call's the defense for Alabama. He is as ready-to-play as they come and has the potential to be an impact player for the Chiefs.

3) William Vlachos, C, Alabama
6'1" 295 lbs.
Vlachos anchored the Alabama O-line for Trent Richardson. He is an athletic, pulling center with the strength to hold up at the point of attack. A perfect fit for our current blocking scheme. Hardworker, student of the game type by all reports.

4) Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State
5'11" 215 lbs.
I can't claim to know a lot about Ballard. But from what I have read, he is a three-down back who could be the workhorse complement to Charles.

5) Andrew Datko, OT, Florida State
6'6" 321 lbs.
Shoulder concerns have dropped this once second round prospect to a late round selection. Evidently he had shoulder surgery that "didn't take" the first go-around. He is a boom or bust fashion pick. When he did play, he had trouble handling speed rushers.

6) Tony Dye, SS, UCLA
5'11" 204
Another player whose stock has been adversely impacted by an injury riddled season. Dye suffered a neck injury followed by a leg injury this season. He is good in run support and adequate in coverage and should back-up Berry. He is another boom or bust type selection given the injury history

7) Elvis Akpla, WR, Montana State
6'1" 190 lbs.
Call it a homer selection, but I promise this guy will play on Sundays. If you watched Montana State get pummeled by Sam Houston on Saturday (the 10th) on ESPN, you would have gotten a taste for his circus-like catching capabilities. This guy has been a play maker for Montana State all year both with terrific catches and good field vision and RAC capabilities. I don't know that we have won a game without a big play from Akpla. Bonus #1, he plays special teams well. Bonus #2, he is a speedy guy. He transfered from Oregon after they ruled that his track scholarship would still count as a football scholarship if he played there. Bonus #3, he made Trumaine Johnson, a second round DB prospect from the University of Montana, look like he was wearing clown shoes.

O.city
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
If you are bringing in Grubbs and Koppen you don't need a C in round three. With Soliai, you don't need to pick up a NT.

After Griffin or Barkley in the first we would need to just select best player available IMO.

Nightfyre
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
If you are bringing in Grubbs and Koppen you don't need a C in round three. With Soliai, you don't need to pick up a NT.

After Griffin or Barkley in the first we would need to just select best player available IMO.

Koppen will be brought in as depth and a veteran presence on the o-line. Grubbs allows us to use Hudson as guard/center depth. Vlachos will need a year of development before he is ready to start, but ultimately will fill the center hole on a long-term basis. Hudson is damn good guard depth.

Also, I didn't draft a NT.

O.city
12-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Koppen will be brought in as depth and a veteran presence on the o-line. Grubbs allows us to use Hudson as guard/center depth. Vlachos will need a year of development before he is ready to start, but ultimately will fill the center hole on a long-term basis. Hudson is damn good guard depth.

Also, I didn't draft a NT.

I like Hudson at G but him at C with Grubbs at G is a great line setup. Pick up a RT and it's good to go.

I was saying the NT thing more based on not having to look for one and just going BPA.

Nightfyre
12-13-2011, 02:19 PM
I like Hudson at G but him at C with Grubbs at G is a great line setup. Pick up a RT and it's good to go.

I was saying the NT thing more based on not having to look for one and just going BPA.

Eh. you could swap Vlachos for a Mike Adams or Ricky Wagner and I wouldn't be offended.

O.city
12-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Night thanks for talking draft on here with me. No one really comes to the draft lounge very often.

O.city
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
Round 1

Options:
QB Matt Barkley, USC
QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma
QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
OT Riley Reiff, Iowa
OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
ILB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

Round 2

Options:
RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin
WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
OT DJ Fluker, Alabama
OT Matt Reynolds, BYU
NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington
DE Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
CB Cliff Harris, Oregon
CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Options:
QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M
RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech
RB Chris Polk, Washington
WR Kendall Wright, Baylor
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida International
TE Coby Fleener, Stanford
OT Nate Potter, Boise State
OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
C William Vlachos, Alabama
NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
DE Kheeston Randall, Texas
ILB D.J. Holt, California
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
CB Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
CB Keith Tandy, West Virginia

Round 4

Options:
RB Doug Martin, Boise State
TE Orson Charles, Georgia
OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
OT Bob Massie, Ole Miss
OT Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas
OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
OG Lonnie Edwards, Texas Tech
OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford
DE Devon Still, Penn State
ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
CB Cameron Chism, Maryland
S Winston Guy Jr., Kentucky

Round 5

Options:
QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
RB Marc Tyler, USC
WR AJ Jenkins, Illinois
OT Blake DeChristopher, Virginia Tech
OT Mike Ryan, Connecticut
OG Stephen Good, Oklahoma
DE Kendall Reyes, Connecticut
DE Billy Winn, Boise State
CB DeQuan Menzie, Alabama
SS Tavon Wilson, Illinois

Round 6

Options:
QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
TE Michael Egnew, Missouri
OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
C Ben Habern, Oklahoma
NT T.J. Barnes, Georgia Tech
OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
CB Trevin Wade, Arizona
CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma

Round 7

Options:
QB Kellen Moore, Boise State
QB Case Keenum, Houston
RB Tauren Poole, Tennessee
OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
OT Josh Oglesby, Wisconsin
OG Jaymes Brooks, Virginia Tech
C Grant Garner, Oklahoma State
C Moe Petrus, Connecticut
OLB Mychal Kendricks, Califonia
ILB Chris Galippo, USC
FS Trenton Robinson, Michigan State

Here is a little somethign we can look at for players.

O.city
12-13-2011, 02:39 PM
I woudlnt mind David Wilson or Chris Polk in the third.

Nightfyre
12-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Well, if Tannehill is there in the third, I see no problem drafting another QB. I was thinking Kirk Cousins might also be a good pickup in the fourth or fifth. Purge this team of Cassel and let Orton walk for the comp pick. Three young QBs competing for the job could be fun to watch.

aturnis
12-13-2011, 06:52 PM
O. City, shame to see that you have Ty Hilton as an option in the third, but not Marvin McNutt... McNutt has fantastic hands, size, adequate speed and has been consistently productive throughout his career. Fantastic after the catch.

Also, I don't think Upshaw lasts until our second unless we're trading up...

O.city
12-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Sorry aturnis. I didn't put this together I got it from another thread.

Agree that I don't think Upshaw makes it to the second. He is an OLB in a 34. Could see him ending up in Pittsburgh.

O.city
12-13-2011, 09:08 PM
BTW I bolded my wanna be picks above.

Not only would they reenergize the fan base as there is a heisman winner and heisman finalist in there they would make this team better.

aturnis
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
Sorry aturnis. I didn't put this together I got it from another thread.

Agree that I don't think Upshaw makes it to the second. He is an OLB in a 34. Could see him ending up in Pittsburgh.

Or picked at 32 to the Packers at the latest.

spanky 52
12-14-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't see Baltimore letting Grubbs go in FA. I like the idea of going after Soliai from Miami. I'd also go after C Myers from Houston. He, Williams and Foster are all eligible for FA and i don't see them signing all three.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for a 1st round QB but we'll see. I like RB Polk in the second and WR Wright in the third. Somehow they have to get a new RT.

Would like to see the Chief's play Hudson, Powe, Stanzi and maybe even a little Mims these last three games to see what they've got.

Dexter Manley
12-14-2011, 07:09 AM
O. City, shame to see that you have Ty Hilton as an option in the third, but not Marvin McNutt... McNutt has fantastic hands, size, adequate speed and has been consistently productive throughout his career. Fantastic after the catch.

Also, I don't think Upshaw lasts until our second unless we're trading up...

For a Chief offense with a weak armed QB, McNutt is a good selection.

Hilton is really really fast, but we would need a strong armed QB to exploit that...

O.city
12-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't see Baltimore letting Grubbs go in FA. I like the idea of going after Soliai from Miami. I'd also go after C Myers from Houston. He, Williams and Foster are all eligible for FA and i don't see them signing all three.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for a 1st round QB but we'll see. I like RB Polk in the second and WR Wright in the third. Somehow they have to get a new RT.

Would like to see the Chief's play Hudson, Powe, Stanzi and maybe even a little Mims these last three games to see what they've got.

I like the idea of Myers from Houston. Carl Nicks is a free agent this offseason and if we were gonna throw money at a free agent, It should be him.

I think Polk is a third round prospect myself. I would rather grad Montee ball in the 2nd if he's there. Then get a RT in the 3rd.

Soliai , Powe, and Gordon would be a pretty good mix at NT.

O.city
12-14-2011, 01:15 PM
I also just read that the Skins are thinking about letting Laron Landry walk next year. I'd scoop him up if he would come here and move Berry to FS.

Nightfyre
12-14-2011, 02:44 PM
I also just read that the Skins are thinking about letting Laron Landry walk next year. I'd scoop him up if he would come here and move Berry to FS.

Berry is so good in run support, why bump him to FS? IMO, you are taking away one of the biggest values he provides.

O.city
12-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Berry is so good in run support, why bump him to FS? IMO, you are taking away one of the biggest values he provides.

If Landry is healthy he is every bit as good as Berry in run support. Berry could play more of the Ed Reed role and be a ball hawk. You could then use Landry in McGraws role when we go Nickel to play that other linebacker spot.

O.city
12-14-2011, 10:56 PM
Night I'm kinda thinking we won't be in a spot to draft either of the two qbs. I think we needa push the chips in, trade all the way up, and grab Luck.

Urc Burry
12-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Night I'm kinda thinking we won't be in a spot to draft either of the two qbs. I think we needa push the chips in, trade all the way up, and grab Luck.

Luck will cost at least our next two drafts... And that is if Indy would even trade it at all.

Jacksonville spent a 1st and 2nd moving up from 16 to 10... So if we are wanting to move up from say 9 to 3 or 4, i'm guessing it would cost a 1st and 2 2nd's or something along those lines.

jd1020
12-15-2011, 12:44 AM
From all the reports, its ****ing pointless to think about QB in the first. With Haley gone and Crennel starting the people who should have been starting in the first place (Orton/Stanzi) I fully expect 1 more win this year, at least. We are looking at a 10-15 pick right now and I can no longer see us breaking the top 10. The Rams are looking at possibly flushing the system and firing every coach on the team. Pioli wants to bring in McDaniels but he says he won't bring him in as HC so he'll be here as OC, assuming the Rams fire everyone. Which means Cassel will be back and given an opportunity to, once again, show he can be the guy. Pioli will likely draft another guy, no earlier than the 2nd round, to compete with Stanzi for the #2.

With that said, I'm focusing on 3 QB's...

Tannehill - 2nd round. I'll be surprised if he lasts til our 2nd pick, but if he does I'll be pissed we don't draft him.

Cousins - 4th round. He was once a 2nd round projection but is dropping on boards because the Spartans like to run and he doesn't have any top quality receivers to throw to. He's not quite the size Pioli goes for, but there really aren't many mid-late round projected QB's that are. He's got the arm to make shit happen. IMO, he has a bigger arm than any of the top QB's. I had always believed he had a mediocre arm from all the reports and then I watched the "Kirk Cousins vs Ohio State 2011" video. At 1:43, that all changed.

Moore - 5th round+. He's small, doesn't have the greatest of arms but, imo, his "weak" arm is overly exaggerated. I've watched him throw some fairly straight 15+ yard balls and 50+ yard balls that were dead on. With his accuracy I think he could be a very good starting NFL QB. He's not going to spread the field deep like Rodgers but he's going to consistently put the ball where his receivers can make a play after the catch.

I'll add one more, but he's one of the last options, imo, even though he's projected to be drafted before Cousins/Moore...

Foles - 2nd-3rd round. He's the prototypical Pioli guy. Big, stone foot, strong armed pocket passer. He's put up "good" numbers but he had to throw the ball nearly 600 times to do it. He started the season off on fire and then someone threw 20 gallons of cold water on him the second half. Maybe he got tired from over use, I dunno.

aturnis
12-15-2011, 01:32 AM
From all the reports, its ****ing pointless to think about QB in the first. With Haley gone and Crennel starting the people who should have been starting in the first place (Orton/Stanzi) I fully expect 1 more win this year, at least. We are looking at a 10-15 pick right now and I can no longer see us breaking the top 10. The Rams are looking at possibly flushing the system and firing every coach on the team. Pioli wants to bring in McDaniels but he says he won't bring him in as HC so he'll be here as OC, assuming the Rams fire everyone. Which means Cassel will be back and given an opportunity to, once again, show he can be the guy. Pioli will likely draft another guy, no earlier than the 2nd round, to compete with Stanzi for the #2.

Tannehill - 2nd round. I'll be surprised if he lasts til our 2nd pick, but if he does I'll be pissed we don't draft him.

Cousins - 4th round. He was once a 2nd round projection but is dropping on boards because the Spartans like to run and he doesn't have any top quality receivers to throw to. He's not quite the size Pioli goes for, but there really aren't many mid-late round projected QB's that are. He's got the arm to make shit happen. IMO, he has a bigger arm than any of the top QB's. I had always believed he had a mediocre arm from all the reports and then I watched the "Kirk Cousins vs Ohio State 2011" video. At 1:43, that all changed.

Moore - 5th round+. He's small, doesn't have the greatest of arms but, imo, his "weak" arm is overly exaggerated. I've watched him throw some fairly straight 15+ yard balls and 50+ yard balls that were dead on. With his accuracy I think he could be a very good starting NFL QB. He's not going to spread the field deep like Rodgers but he's going to consistently put the ball where his receivers can make a play after the catch.

I'll add one more, but he's one of the last options, imo, even though he's projected to be drafted before Cousins/Moore...

Foles - 2nd-3rd round. He's the prototypical Pioli guy. Big, stone foot, strong armed pocket passer. He's put up "good" numbers but he had to throw the ball nearly 600 times to do it. He started the season off on fire and then someone threw 20 gallons of cold water on him the second half. Maybe he got tired from over use, I dunno.

:spock: The pass at 1:43? The not even 15 yard, "I literally can throw that pass" pass? He threw it hard. That was it. Nothing all too impressive there. If it had been a few yards deeper and clear to the sideline, I might be impressed.

jd1020
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
:spock: The pass at 1:43? The not even 15 yard, "I literally can throw that pass" pass? He threw it hard. That was it. Nothing all too impressive there. If it had been a few yards deeper and clear to the sideline, I might be impressed.

Why do you even post?

He threw the ball 12 yards so hard that the defender standing 2 yards to the side of the receiver couldn't even dive in time to deflect it.

"Nothing impressive."

Just stop.

That was a NFL sized BULLET.

O.city
12-15-2011, 10:38 AM

I've seen Tannehill projected in the first. I don't think he makes it to our second rounder.

We likely won't be in a spot to take a qb in the first, you are correct. If it were me if I'm not trading up for Luck, I'm probably not trading up at all. I'd see what I had in Stanzi this year and go from there.

I like Moore but he just doesn't have the size that Pioli would look for. I think he could be a solid NFL guy.

I don't think Cassel will be brought back tho. I don't see how he can be. Pioli likely knows he has one more shot at this. If he brings Cassel back it's lose win for us. We will lose games but win by Pioli likely being let go.

Don't want any part of Foles tho. Wouldn't mind Cousins.

It just sucks that the guys we likely wil be taking are all projects. For once i'd like this franchise to get a guy that could come in a play.

I really like Barkley and what RGIII could bring to the table. THat said it's likely they won't be in KC.

O.city
12-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Luck will cost at least our next two drafts... And that is if Indy would even trade it at all.

Jacksonville spent a 1st and 2nd moving up from 16 to 10... So if we are wanting to move up from say 9 to 3 or 4, i'm guessing it would cost a 1st and 2 2nd's or something along those lines.

And I'd give up two drafts for the next 15 years of service.

O.city
12-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I just read that it's likely the Skins won't bring back Landry becasue of injury issue.

Call me crazy but I think him and Berry would make a dynamic safety paid. Both young too.

Urc Burry
12-15-2011, 03:26 PM
I just read that it's likely the Skins won't bring back Landry becasue of injury issue.

Call me crazy but I think him and Berry would make a dynamic safety paid. Both young too.

Would like to have him, but if we were to get one big free agent give me Carl Nicks. Draft a RT in the draft and we may be back to an elite o-line

O.city
12-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Would like to have him, but if we were to get one big free agent give me Carl Nicks. Draft a RT in the draft and we may be back to an elite o-line

I'd fucking love to have that dude at LG. Him or Ben Grubbs.

Thing is we are gonna have some money on the books. Sign a few of these big free agents, trade up and get Luck, use the rest of your picks to get depth.

aturnis
12-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Byeeeeaaaaahhhh... The Dude threw it hard. Wow. That does not tell us anything about his touch passes, deep ball, or ability to lead receivers. It tells us that when he winds up, he can throw it hard.

Dexter Manley
12-17-2011, 09:31 AM

Landry is a classic "unguided missile." He doesn't track the ball particularly well at all.

Urc Burry
12-18-2011, 11:38 PM
After this game if we keep Orton, I think this would be ideal..
1. Burfict
2. Poe
3. Polk/Ball

Doesn't address RT, but mannnnn we would be set

Nightfyre
12-19-2011, 05:40 PM
I just wanted to add this Akpla catch to the discussion. It is not a rare occurance for him to make ridiculous circus catches..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pX9uhZzCQIU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dexter Manley
12-20-2011, 09:19 AM
After this game if we keep Orton, I think this would be ideal..
1. Burfict
2. Poe
3. Polk/Ball

Doesn't address RT, but mannnnn we would be set

As with Ron Brace being lazy, Burfict is a tremendous football player, but he is also a serious head case...

O.city
12-23-2011, 06:51 PM
Just saw a mock that had us taking Richardson in the first T'amu in the second and Datko in the third. I wouldn't mind that at all if we brought in some good free agents.

jd1020
12-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Just saw a mock that had us taking Richardson in the first T'amu in the second and Datko in the third. I wouldn't mind that at all if we brought in some good free agents.

Why would we grab our NT in the 2nd when we can do this...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

:facepalm:

Dexter Manley
12-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Notice that mock has several players now saying they are not coming out...

Patience...

First comes the actual list of those declared... in February...

Dexter Manley
12-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Why would we grab our NT in the 2nd when we can do this...

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

:facepalm:

Ho Ho, out comes Poe...

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/view/13682485

"In the history of Memphis Tigers football there have been only two first round picks. The Carolina Panthers selected running back DeAngelo Williams 27th overall in 2006. The Kansas City Chiefs a decade earlier used the 28th overall pick on safety Jerome Woods.

Junior defensive tackle Dontari Poe is hoping to join these former Tigers as soon as possible, announcing via Twitter Friday that he is foregoing his senior season to enter the 2012 NFL draft.

Wrote Poe, under the handle @bigpoe74, "Big decision know I chose right.... NFL here I come." "

ArrowheadMagic
12-25-2011, 05:51 PM
Round 1

Options:
QB Matt Barkley, USC
QB Landry Jones, Oklahoma
QB Robert Griffin III, Baylor
RB Trent Richardson, Alabama
WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State
OT Jonathan Martin, Stanford
OT Riley Reiff, Iowa
OLB Courtney Upshaw, Alabama
ILB Vontaze Burfict, Arizona State
CB Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama
G David DeCastro Stanford

No way we can afford to move up high enough.
Round 2

Options:
RB Montee Ball, Wisconsin
WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma
OT DJ Fluker, Alabama
OT Matt Reynolds, BYU
NT Josh Chapman, Alabama
NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington
DE Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati
ILB Dont'a Hightower, Alabama
CB Casey Hayward, Vanderbilt
CB Cliff Harris, Oregon
CB Chase Minnifield, Virginia
CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State
FS Eddie Whitley, Virginia Tech

Round 3

Options:
QB Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M
QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
RB Christine Michael, Texas A&M
RB David Wilson, Virginia Tech
RB Chris Polk, Washington 2nd rd
WR Kendall Wright, Baylor
WR T.Y. Hilton, Florida International
TE Coby Fleener, Stanford 3rd
OT Nate Potter, Boise State
OG Kevin Zeitler, Wisconsin
C William Vlachos, Alabama
NT Dontari Poe, Memphis
DE Kheeston Randall, Texas
ILB D.J. Holt, California
CB Desmond Trufant, Washington
CB Coryell Judie, Texas A&M
CB Keith Tandy, West Virginia

Round 4

Options:
RB Doug Martin, Boise State
TE Orson Charles, Georgia
OT Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State
OT Bob Massie, Ole Miss
OT Tanner Hawkinson, Kansas
OG Ryan Miller, Colorado
OG Lonnie Edwards, Texas Tech
OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford
DE Devon Still, Penn State
ILB Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
CB Cameron Chism, Maryland
S Winston Guy Jr., Kentucky

Round 5

Options:
QB Kirk Cousins, Michigan State
RB Marc Tyler, USC
WR AJ Jenkins, Illinois
OT Blake DeChristopher, Virginia Tech
OT Mike Ryan, Connecticut
OG Stephen Good, Oklahoma
DE Kendall Reyes, Connecticut
DE Billy Winn, Boise State
CB DeQuan Menzie, Alabama
SS Tavon Wilson, Illinois

Round 6

Options:
QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State
RB Vick Ballard, Mississippi State
TE Michael Egnew, Missouri
OT Zebrie Sanders, Florida State
C Ben Habern, Oklahoma
NT T.J. Barnes, Georgia Tech
OLB Bruce Irvin, West Virginia
CB Trevin Wade, Arizona
CB Jamell Fleming, Oklahoma

Round 7

Options:
QB Kellen Moore, Boise State
QB Case Keenum, Houston
RB Tauren Poole, Tennessee
OT Andrew Datko, Florida State
OT Josh Oglesby, Wisconsin
OG Jaymes Brooks, Virginia Tech
C Grant Garner, Oklahoma State
C Moe Petrus, Connecticut
OLB Mychal Kendricks, Califonia
ILB Chris Galippo, USC
FS Trenton Robinson, Michigan State

Here is a little somethign we can look at for players.

Outside of our biggest need, i.e. QB, a real opportunity to build some needed depth in this draft.

htismaqe
12-26-2011, 09:39 AM
It's not a bad mock by any means but your 1st two picks will both likely be gone when we're on the board.

O.city
12-26-2011, 11:53 AM
This is why i wouldn't mind giving up firsts and secnds to get our qb. Look at the players that oculd be around in the third and later rounds. We really just need alot of depth and that can be had in thos erounds if we are smart.

jd1020
12-26-2011, 02:26 PM
1) Jonathan Martin
2) Alameda Ta'amu
3) Kevin Zeitler
4) Michael Egnew
5) Tauren Poole
6) Kellen Moore
7) Sean Cattouse

spanky 52
12-27-2011, 08:44 AM
1) Jonathan Martin
2) Alameda Ta'amu
3) Kevin Zeitler
4) Michael Egnew
5) Tauren Poole
6) Kellen Moore
7) Sean Cattouse

I like Martin a lot and he may provide versatility as a swing tackle. Zeitler is a road grader at guard but may be gone by the 3rd. When I joined CP a couple of years ago, someone said you shouldn't focus on a single player but I keep coming back to DeCastro out of Stanford. He has the size to play RT though he's been the RG for Stanford.

aturnis
12-28-2011, 12:22 AM
1) Jonathan Martin
2) Alameda Ta'amu
3) Kevin Zeitler
4) Michael Egnew
5) Tauren Poole
6) Kellen Moore
7) Sean Cattouse

Martin huh? At 9-14? Really? I'm all for improving the line, but a RT can be taken either in FA or in the 2nd-3rd round. IMO, Trent Richardson would be the most valuable guy to the team if QB is not an option.

Dexter Manley
12-28-2011, 09:16 AM
"but a RT can be taken either in FA or in the 2nd-3rd round."

do you post that every year?

I remember this debate three years ago... and still, ORT is a huge problem...

Urc Burry
12-28-2011, 09:00 PM

Because the team hasn't picked one up in the draft or FA......

A top 10 pick on a RT is laughable

Dexter Manley
12-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Because the team hasn't picked one up in the draft or FA......

A top 10 pick on a RT is laughable

No, a top 10 pick on an ORT is laughable if the OT prospect is not worth a top 10 pick.

A top 10 pick on a 3-4 DE described generously as "Brett Keisel with dreds" is, indeed, truly laughable...

aturnis
12-28-2011, 10:47 PM

Duh. You're an idiot. Have the Chiefs picked up a RT in FA or 2nd-3rd round in the last three years? Any? None? OK. Then your "point" is moot. How could it have been fixed that way if that path had never been exercised?

aturnis
12-28-2011, 10:49 PM
No, a top 10 pick on an ORT is laughable if the OT prospect is not worth a top 10 pick.

A top 10 pick on a 3-4 DE described generously as "Brett Keisel with dreds" is, indeed, truly laughable...

You're obviously a mult. What did you used to go by?

Dexter Manley
12-29-2011, 06:07 AM
Duh. You're an idiot. Have the Chiefs picked up a RT in FA or 2nd-3rd round in the last three years? Any? None? OK. Then your "point" is moot. How could it have been fixed that way if that path had never been exercised?

You say that as if there is a perfect allocation of talent at every position in every round. That isn't always the case. One year your QB choices were JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn... which one was your "top QB prospect?"

Specify some names. Which OT prospects do you like, or do you not understand the football you watch?

Dexter Manley
12-29-2011, 06:08 AM
You're obviously a mult. What did you used to go by?

mult implies posting under 2 names at the same time. That was never the case. I've been banned twice, and now my poster name has been hacked. I'd still post as TFG if there weren't so many fussies here...

aturnis
12-29-2011, 11:09 AM
You say that as if there is a perfect allocation of talent at every position in every round. That isn't always the case. One year your QB choices were JaMarcus Russell and Brady Quinn... which one was your "top QB prospect?"

Specify some names. Which OT prospects do you like, or do you not understand the football you watch?

Yet you strongly criticize the Tyson Jackson pick, who has come on very strong this year by the way, when the draft class as a whole was thought to be very weak.

Dexter Manley
12-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Yet you strongly criticize the Tyson Jackson pick, who has come on very strong this year by the way, when the draft class as a whole was thought to be very weak.

It comes down to opportunity cost. What was the "hand" Pioli was originally dealt, and what did he do with his cards?

Pioli was originally dealt a defensive roster with Hali and Jason Babin. Pioli saw no value in keeping Babin and the 4-3. Picking Tyson Jackson was part of the opportunity cost of switching to the 3-4. So were a lot of other picks and FAs. Sending the #35 overall to Billy B for Matt Cassel was part of being a "follower."

If you want to say Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel were the answers to the Chiefs problems three years ago, that is your opinion.

I am on record in the archives here. I wasn't crazy about Mark Sanchez. I didn't get to see a lot of Josh Freeman. But I was on record for keeping Babin and the 4-3, and doing so clearly was the vastly better way to play the poker hand Pioli was dealt... and in the end, I would not have had any problem trading down and taking Josh Freeman, especially given the Jets weren't the only team trying to trade up for Sanchez. I would've added someone like Josh McCown as a UFA and then done my best to improve the offensive supporting cast, especially the OL.

But "Pioli knows better than you," right?

htismaqe
12-29-2011, 07:10 PM
JFC, STFU about Jason fucking Babin already. We got it the first 400 fucking times you said it.

Opportunity cost? ROFL Are you a fucking investment banker or something?

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 07:46 AM
JFC, STFU about Jason ****ing Babin already. We got it the first 400 ****ing times you said it.

Opportunity cost? ROFL Are you a ****ing investment banker or something?

The concept is the same as investing. You start with assets. You end with assets. Unforeseen events like injuries and fraud can harm performance. While you can try to wipe away injuries, as Scott Pioli is not at fault when he drafts or signs someone who gets injured, in the end there were options and the way Pioli "invested" or "played his poker hand" can be "scored" against alternatives.

I don't believe Scott Pioli's record here is anything to brag about, and J#### ####n is exhibit A of how and why that started ...

I think Pioli decided to go 3-4 without a robust assessment of what was on the roster of the Chiefs at the time...

htismaqe
12-30-2011, 08:19 AM
The concept is the same as investing. You start with assets. You end with assets. Unforeseen events like injuries and fraud can harm performance. While you can try to wipe away injuries, as Scott Pioli is not at fault when he drafts or signs someone who gets injured, in the end there were options and the way Pioli "invested" or "played his poker hand" can be "scored" against alternatives.

I don't believe Scott Pioli's record here is anything to brag about, and J#### ####n is exhibit A of how and why that started ...

I think Pioli decided to go 3-4 without a robust assessment of what was on the roster of the Chiefs at the time...

ROFL

You take this way to seriously. It's a game.

And don't circumvent the fuck filter please. That's a no-no around here.

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 08:50 AM
ROFL

You take this way to seriously. It's a game.

And don't circumvent the **** filter please. That's a no-no around here.

It is a game. For some it is a job too...

Someone wrote the Overview and Analysis here...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1245936

and that was not a game, it was a job...

aturnis
12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
It comes down to opportunity cost. What was the "hand" Pioli was originally dealt, and what did he do with his cards?

Pioli was originally dealt a defensive roster with Hali and Jason Babin. Pioli saw no value in keeping Babin and the 4-3. Picking Tyson Jackson was part of the opportunity cost of switching to the 3-4. So were a lot of other picks and FAs. Sending the #35 overall to Billy B for Matt Cassel was part of being a "follower."

If you want to say Tyson Jackson and Matt Cassel were the answers to the Chiefs problems three years ago, that is your opinion.

I am on record in the archives here. I wasn't crazy about Mark Sanchez. I didn't get to see a lot of Josh Freeman. But I was on record for keeping Babin and the 4-3, and doing so clearly was the vastly better way to play the poker hand Pioli was dealt... and in the end, I would not have had any problem trading down and taking Josh Freeman, especially given the Jets weren't the only team trying to trade up for Sanchez. I would've added someone like Josh McCown as a UFA and then done my best to improve the offensive supporting cast, especially the OL.

But "Pioli knows better than you," right?

What the **** does Matt Cassel have to do with Jackson or you wanting to take a RT in the top 10?

This defense is OBVIOUSLY much better off as a 3-4. You're an idiot.

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 09:37 PM
"What the **** does Matt Cassel have to do with Jackson or you wanting to take a RT in the top 10?"

Are you suggesting QB was not a need before the trade for Cassel (and after)?

An NFL team has a list of offseason position upgrades it wants to fill as best as possible. QB, ORT were on that list. 3-4 DE was added to the list because Pioli didn't understand what was on the roster he inherited, but rather did what he has always done, just follow Billy B and assume that is best...

"This defense is OBVIOUSLY much better off as a 3-4. You're an idiot."

This 3-4 vs. the 4-3 with Hali and Babin??

LOL!!!

If you were the Redskin GM, would you have spent a 5th rounder on Dexter Manley?

aturnis
01-01-2012, 09:44 PM
Are you suggesting QB was not a need before the trade for Cassel (and after)?

First of all, I wasn't suggesting anything. My response had nothing to do with QB. Since you brought it up though, who would you have taken instead of Cassel? Sanchez, or Freeman? I'm pretty sure they've both only thrown like 5 more TD's for their careers than they have INT's.

This 3-4 vs. the 4-3 with Hali and Babin??

LOL!!!

You're assuming Hali would be what his is now while operating in a 4-3 defense.

Also, while playing for us in a 4-3, Babin only put up 2 sacks in 7 games. Justin Houston has outplayed that production in the last 5 games with 5.5 sacks.

You also look foolish in thinking that DJ, is the same player in the 4-3 as he currently is in the 3-4.

I'm not the foolish one here. You are jackass. This is the best defense KC has fielded in some time.

Good talk.

aturnis
01-01-2012, 09:49 PM
4) Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State
5'11" 215 lbs.
I can't claim to know a lot about Ballard. But from what I have read, he is a three-down back who could be the workhorse complement to Charles.

What do you think of a guy like Bernard Pierce from Temple in the 4th if he comes out?

Dexter Manley
01-02-2012, 06:20 AM
jackass - someone who understands football and noticed reserve DE Jason Babin flashing in KC in 2008...

non-jackass - someone who parrots stats and cheered as Pioli let Babin walk for nothing...

Dexter Manley
01-02-2012, 06:21 AM
What do you think of a guy like Bernard Pierce from Temple in the 4th if he comes out?

Why use the term "think?"

You never watched him or Ballard play a down of football. "Your opinion" of both comes from imitating the parrot species...