PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs I can deal with Crennel

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 01:18 PM
In watching the response from Crennel and how he has handled the changes to the team thus far, if they can keep it together for anything worthy of calling it redemption now that Haley is gone (still unsure about how I feel on this), I feel as if I could deal with Crennel for a year at head coach next season.

I guess the thing that I've realized is that when change happens, even when Palko came in, I tend to have some new hope. It rarely pans out, but this change, like every other has the potential to do something well. Palko was a royal ****up, sure, but Crennel and the changes at QB plus the way he is reorganizing their practice schedule leave me hopeful again. I'm wondering when my hope will die out, but I want to see what happens with Crennel before I jump on board with someone on the HC tree.

Given the advent of Crennel, the changes he is making, and his discourse on the game this Sunday, I'm ready to watch the Chiefs play the Packers. How do you guys feel?

Sofa King
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
This really is a terrible year to have a head coaching vacancy. Not one name out there that I'm excited about.

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm behind him 100% I'll take him over just about anyone out there right now. Not because he's better just because I don't like the other candidates. Hell I don't even know of any real candidates so all the more reason to like him.

Bane
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
This really is a terrible year to have a head coaching vacancy. Not one name out there that I'm excited about.

And the ones that you/we probably would be excited about are surely meh on coaching in KC.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm behind him 100%

Well you cant get around him...

No way am I supporting Crennel...

His track record is putrid...

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2011, 01:21 PM

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 01:21 PM

I give him leeway because of the shithole that Cleveland is. They can't seem to get their shit together no matter the players or the coaching staff. Crennel is intelligent and it's not the worst change that could happen, in my opinion.

suds79
12-14-2011, 01:22 PM
My top choice is still Fisher.

But beyond that? I don't know. I guess Romeo would be next. Mostly because who else is out there??

Cowher & Grooden are never going to happen. At least with Fisher I'd put it at 10% chance.

So that being the case? Yeah I'll take Romeo over McDaniels or Mangini any day.

Bane
12-14-2011, 01:23 PM

I support him as DC(till this season ends) but I don't think I'd like him as our HC next season.

DaWolf
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM

I said the same thing the year we hired Haley.

At this point, I wouldn't be shocked to see Romeo get the permanent job, because it would mean that we can continue to build along the same lines, rather than blowing everything up because of a new coach. I doubt that aspect is enticing to Pioli and his scouts.

That would make the OC hire the most important one this offseason. I am really hoping we go after Norv for that role...

Rasputin
12-14-2011, 01:25 PM
I like Crennel and think he is a hell of a guy. If he isn't going to start a rookie QB or go into next years season with out pushing for draftee QB then fuck him. I wish him the best as long his time is here then wish him the best in retirement because this will be most likely his last gig.

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 01:39 PM
The fact that he is completely willing, and eager, to see Stanzi is encouraging. Even if Stanzi isn't the answer, it sounds like he's ready to someone young and fresh. His stance to make Palko third string once more speaks volumes of his opinion regarding Stanzi's readiness. He also acknowledged the Bledsoe - Brady phenomena and seems to realize how important it is for rookies to get a chance. With those things in mind, it's at least a refreshing and logical change to make at QB.

I grant that the rest of this season could still be a disaster, but at least he's alluding to the change we've been asking for all along. To echo others, if we got a competent OC for next season I think that things could go surprisingly well (given that the changes being made DO pan out).

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-14-2011, 01:40 PM
The fact that Pioli is completely willing, and eager, to see Stanzi is encouraging. Even if Stanzi isn't the answer, it sounds like he's ready to someone young and fresh. His stance to make Palko third string once more speaks volumes of his opinion regarding Stanzi's readiness. He also acknowledged the Bledsoe - Brady phenomena and seems to realize how important it is for rookies to get a chance. With those things in mind, it's at least a refreshing and logical change to make at QB.

I grant that the rest of this season could still be a disaster, but at least he's alluding to the change we've been asking for all along. To echo others, if we got a competent OC for next season I think that things could go surprisingly well (given that the changes being made DO pan out).

FYP

TheGuardian
12-14-2011, 01:41 PM

Belichick had a terrible track record in Cleveland too.

I'm not saying I am on a Crennel for HC bandwagon, I'm just saying sometimes guys fare far better after a second go round. I think Haley will end up being a good coach someplace else, IF he learns from his mistakes here.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I give him leeway because of the shithole that Cleveland is. They can't seem to get their shit together no matter the players or the coaching staff. Crennel is intelligent and it's not the worst change that could happen, in my opinion.

What makes you think KC isnt a shit hole for an NFL franchise? Not like we are getting our shit together either.

So what makes you think Crennel with the equal type of shit hole is magically going to do better?

Just saying...

okcchief
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
The fact that he had moved Palko to 3rd string will at least allow me to watch the game on Sunday. We'll see how it goes. I don't want him as HC but their are worse options being mentioned.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 01:46 PM
"At least my new boyfriend doesn't beat me and molest my daughter."

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 01:50 PM
What makes you think KC isnt a shit hole for an NFL franchise? Not like we are getting our shit together either.

So what makes you think Crennel with the equal type of shit hole is magically going to do better?

Just saying...

I'm not saying it isn't, but we aren't as bad off as Cleveland...yet. Just commenting that I think he deserves a chance.

Chiefspants
12-14-2011, 01:55 PM
"At least my new boyfriend doesn't beat me and molest my daughter."

I wonder if Vernon Gholston is available?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2011, 02:03 PM

He's too young to be a coach.

Sofa King
12-14-2011, 02:50 PM

To be a coach or to beat him and molest his daughter?

Daru
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM

But wasnt his putrid because of his QBs in his jobs? Maybe better alot if he has great QB thats with all coaches I know.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2011, 02:57 PM
I'd prefer that Crennel tank this season, if it nets us RGIII.

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm not upset with it being Romeo, right now....

doomy3
12-14-2011, 03:02 PM

I don't think I've seen you mention who you want yet. Who would be your choice?

Fritz88
12-14-2011, 03:03 PM
No. I can't deal with him.
Posted via Mobile Device

whoman69
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Belichick had a terrible track record in Cleveland too.

I'm not saying I am on a Crennel for HC bandwagon, I'm just saying sometimes guys fare far better after a second go round. I think Haley will end up being a good coach someplace else, IF he learns from his mistakes here.

Different franchise. Belichick was with the Browns that moved to Baltimore and became the Ravens. Those Browns were at least normally competitive but could never get over the hump. These Browns are just a mess no matter who they bring in. They've only had 2 winning seasons, just one playoff birth. Crennel's team holds the team record for most wins in a season with 10. That team missed out on the playoffs. Mostly they've been cemented at the bottom of the division with the Bungles.

YourMult
12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
The defense is the only part of the team that has shown any real potential, so let's take their coordinator and make him the head coach. Did I mention he licked hobo asshole as a head coach the last time he was given a chance?

What a good idea. We can trash the defense while simultaneously raping the rest of the franchise with a broken beer bottle. Selling season tickets for that could get a little dicey.

FAX
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, I have to say that I like his idea about scoring points.

FAX

TheGuardian
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM

FAX

Yeah I thought that part sounded interesting.

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 03:39 PM

FAX

That sounds ok, just as long as he doesn't turn it into a circus and score too quickly.

Epic Fail 007
12-14-2011, 03:41 PM

dude every one fails in clevand

BigCatDaddy
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
That sounds ok, just as long as he doesn't turn it into a circus and score too quickly.

That's arena football.

FAX
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Well, the important thing is that it looks like Cassel will be back. A Crennel offense led by Cassel should be something very special.

Big pencil special.

FAX

htismaqe
12-14-2011, 03:53 PM
Well, the important thing is that it looks like Cassel will be back. A Crennel offense led by Cassel should be something very special.

Big pencil special.

FAX

ROFL

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 03:54 PM

Big pencil special.

FAX

You crack me up FAX. Hey what part of Tenn are you from. The wife and I honeymooned in the Smokies and love it there.

FAX
12-14-2011, 04:18 PM
You crack me up FAX. Hey what part of Tenn are you from. The wife and I honeymooned in the Smokies and love it there.

Nashville, Mr. durtyrute.

Actually, I'm planning on joining in on a spelunking adventure in the Smokies after Christmas. But, there are also areas above ground there that are extremely beautiful. I can understand why you guys like it.

FAX

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 04:41 PM
Nashville, Mr. durtyrute.

Actually, I'm planning on joining in on a spelunking adventure in the Smokies after Christmas. But, there are also areas above ground there that are extremely beautiful. I can understand why you guys like it.

FAX

We stayed at the Blue Moutain Mist Bed and Breakfast in Pigeon Forge I think. It was great. Good luck on your splelunk

Dexter Manley
12-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I'd like to watch these final three and decide after I watch 'em...

trndobrd
12-14-2011, 04:51 PM
That's arena football.

We've got a QB for that.

Oh Snap
12-14-2011, 05:15 PM

Just saying...

Well, lets be fair, NE sucked balls before Belichick too. He made that program legit.

Then again, they really hit the lottery with drafting Brady in the 7th round.

Gravedigger
12-14-2011, 05:25 PM
I agree fully. Romeo tells it like it is, he answers questions eloquently, is a players coach, and he is a good humored guy and not a robot like Haley was. I think Romeo is a very close second to the best possible guy we can get. I believe a pipe dream is Cowher, a good hire is Fisher, and Crennel is very very very close to Fisher. Thats my top 3. Romeo did put together a 10 win season with Derek Anderson at QB in Cleveland before Anderson broke down the way he did. I think you give Crennel a great quarterback and it'll be a great team for many years.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Cowher, pipedream? LMAO

NJChiefsFan
12-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I can live with any coach right now, as long as Cassel is gone.

whoman69
12-14-2011, 07:15 PM
I agree fully. Romeo tells it like it is, he answers questions eloquently, is a players coach, and he is a good humored guy and not a robot like Haley was. Romeo did put together a 10 win season with Derek Anderson at QB in Cleveland before Anderson broke down the way he did. I think you give Crennel a great quarterback and it'll be a great team for many years.

All of those reasons you cited are exactly why he won't be retained.

FAX
12-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Okay, I'l bite.

Who was Crennel's OC when he had all this phenomenal success in Cleveland?

FAX

chiefzilla1501
12-14-2011, 07:36 PM
I agree fully. Romeo tells it like it is, he answers questions eloquently, is a players coach, and he is a good humored guy and not a robot like Haley was. I think Romeo is a very close second to the best possible guy we can get. I believe a pipe dream is Cowher, a good hire is Fisher, and Crennel is very very very close to Fisher. Thats my top 3. Romeo did put together a 10 win season with Derek Anderson at QB in Cleveland before Anderson broke down the way he did. I think you give Crennel a great quarterback and it'll be a great team for many years.

Good god. No. He has zero intensity. The guy is way too much of a Teddy bear. In Cleveland his team was soft and emotionless. He's an x's and o's guy. He's not head coach material.

el borracho
12-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Muir and Cassel are higher on the kill list but Crennel's got to go, too.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I think Crennel can run a professional team and be competent at it. He's GOT to get a stud X's and O's guy to run the offense. I want a guy who has a feel for how to teach offense and exploit a defense. Someone who doesn't need an entire half to make adjustments. All depends on the staff he gets on the offensive side of the ball.

If we get a decent offense and Crennel's bend but don't break defense will be much more effective. He will be able to turn Hali/Houston loose a lot more.

O.city
12-14-2011, 08:16 PM
I think Crennel can run a professional team and be competent at it. He's GOT to get a stud X's and O's guy to run the offense. I want a guy who has a feel for how to teach offense and exploit a defense. Someone who doesn't need an entire half to make adjustments. All depends on the staff he gets on the offensive side of the ball.

If we get a decent offense and Crennel's bend but don't break defense will be much more effective. He will be able to turn Hali/Houston loose a lot more.

I'm kinda on this thinking side of the fence.

If Romeo would run the d the way he did against pitt and chicago, he can stay thats fine.

I like the head coach to be more of a defensive guy. Let the offensive coord. do his thang.

CaliforniaChief
12-14-2011, 08:19 PM
I'm willing to see what RAC can do as HC. As has been said, he's going to need some good offensive minds to turn that disaster around. I'd also only support him as long as he believes we need a new QB. So time will tell, I guess...but so far he's a refreshing breath of air for me.

Lbedrock1
12-14-2011, 09:04 PM

You can say that about the Patriots head coach. He was a failure in Cleveland also. The last coach we got from Cleveland to be our head coach gave us some good years. We didnt win the Superbowl but we got a lot closer to then then we are now. I got Crennels back to at least give him a try hell he deserves it for at least making our D respectable.

Lbedrock1
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM
[QUOTE=chiefzilla1501;8204506]Good god. No. He has zero intensity. The guy is way too much of a Teddy bear. In Cleveland his team was soft and emotionless. He's an x's and o's guy. He's not head coach material.[/QUOT

He may have changed, at least give him a chance. If we bring an all new staff in here it will take them 2 years to get it right. I'm willing to give the pass to Crennel because at least our D has a foundation. With just a few more pieces they can continue to run his D and be affective. Give it to Romeo besides when will we ever have another chance to get a coach named Romeo?

Hammock Parties
12-14-2011, 09:13 PM
Well, the important thing is that it looks like Cassel will be back.

No, it doesn't.

There is not a shred of evidence to support this theory.

STOP FUCKING POSTING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Mr. Laz
12-14-2011, 09:17 PM
No, it doesn't.

STOP ****ING POSTING IT OVER AND OVER AGAINHe's lost it ... that or Dane hacked his account.

Just let it go

chiefzilla1501
12-14-2011, 09:18 PM
[QUOTE=chiefzilla1501;8204506]Good god. No. He has zero intensity. The guy is way too much of a Teddy bear. In Cleveland his team was soft and emotionless. He's an x's and o's guy. He's not head coach material.[/QUOT

He may have changed, at least give him a chance. If we bring an all new staff in here it will take them 2 years to get it right. I'm willing to give the pass to Crennel because at least our D has a foundation. With just a few more pieces they can continue to run his D and be affective. Give it to Romeo besides when will we ever have another chance to get a coach named Romeo?

Might? This is norv turner all over again.

And again, he's the only coach in the NFL who runs his defense. Im not convinced we want to invest 5 more years into it.

He's not going to change. People think smarts is all a coach needs. There's much more than that. You either lead and manage or you don't. Romeo is not fiery enough to do this. I remember someone tell me he often looked like he was falling asleep on the sidelines.

FAX
12-14-2011, 09:23 PM
First off, I just want to say that I haven't lost it ... the fact is I never really had it to begin with.

Second off, I don't think I've posted that particular idea as many times as you seem to think.

Third off, I'm fully prepared to fie on both you guys, so consider that the next time you attempt to censor another posters legitimate posts. Unless, that is, you want a double shot of fie.

FAX

DeezNutz
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
Bad feeling here that Cassel will be back.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2011, 09:26 PM

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ufsf_-a_H9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mr. Laz
12-14-2011, 09:27 PM
First off, I just want to say that I haven't lost it ... the fact is I never really had it to begin with.

Second off, I don't think I've posted that particular idea as many times as you seem to think.

Third off, I'm fully prepared to fie on both you guys, so consider that the next time you attempt to censor another posters legitimate posts. Unless, that is, you want a double shot of fie.

FAX
omg ... please don't fie on me. My cat got a bladder infection one time and just fie'd all over the house for a couple of weeks. Terrible smell, fie ... terrible.

FAX
12-14-2011, 09:37 PM

We are not allowed to speak of the possibility.

Other people seem to get away with it, though ...

Omar Kelly, Sun Sentinel: "Chiefs GM Scott Pioli knows former Denver coach Josh McDaniels from their time together with the Patriots. Pioli needs a coach who can maximize quarterback Matt Cassel's skills, and who better than the person who helped Cassel blossom as New England's offensive coordinator."

Seth Wickersham, ESPN: "It's natural that Pioli would look for a coach, again, inside the Parcells-Belichick tree from which he hails: Kirk Ferentz, Josh McDaniels, maybe even Eric Mangini, though that's hard to imagine, given the Spygate drama. Pioli needs a coach who shares his philosophies, and probably one who believes in Cassel ..."

Kevin Van Valkenburg, Baltimore Sun: "Kansas City clearly wants to hire Josh McDaniels, but is probably hesitant because McDaniels was such a disaster in Denver. "

FAX

Jive Ass
12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
http://helmetandpadsrequired.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1109_qb-matt-cassel_485x340.jpg

Hammock Parties
12-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Those idiots are all speculating.

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 09:58 PM

Gruden or Billick, Don't know why just a guess I guess....

crazycoffey
12-14-2011, 09:59 PM

And that differs from us CP idiots speculating how?

FAX
12-15-2011, 12:39 AM

Received a response a while ago from Charles Robinson (generally viewed as a better source for NFL/Chiefs information than your patron) on the subject. Here is my question;

What are the odds Pioli sticks with Cassel next year?

Here is his response;

CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson
@ 100 percent. No doubt.

FAX

Hammock Parties
12-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Doesn't matter.

They're not hiring McDaniels.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-15-2011, 12:47 AM
Received a response a while ago from Charles Robinson (generally viewed as a better source for NFL/Chiefs information than your patron) on the subject. Here is my question;

Here is his response;

@ 100 percent. No doubt.

FAX

http://dc352.4shared.com/img/f9uHCdIU/s3/Stewie_Griffin_-_Suicide.gif

Tribal Warfare
12-15-2011, 01:00 AM

Here is his response;

@ 100 percent. No doubt.

FAX

As I stated before if Cassel starts more than 9 games ( adjusted it) with his average to his below average play then Pioli and him will be gone unless he's drafted a one of the big 3 or if Stanzi has the goods if or when Cassel's replaced during the season.

jlscorpio
12-15-2011, 01:28 AM
to paraphrase Rick Pitino -- "Chucky or the Chin aren't walking through that door." Fisher is a somewhat better option than Romeo, but isn't what I'd call a homerun, and isn't coming here for $3M/yr. Taking that into consideration, I' m not sure there's anyone out there worth taking a chance on, so I'm ok w/Romeo being the bridge between Haley and whoever the coach is that makes us a real contender again. If Romeo DOES get the full time gig, all I ask is don't fuck things up even more, and draft w/a shred of football sense. Benching Failko is definitely a step forward already.

Dexter Manley
12-15-2011, 06:53 AM

Here is his response;

@ 100 percent. No doubt.

FAX

Matt is "sunk cost" for Clark and Scott...

bevischief
12-15-2011, 07:00 AM
Doesn't matter.

They're not hiring McDaniels.

And we hope in not any capacity...

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 07:17 AM
Oddly, watching Crennel has made me realize that I do not want McDaniels as head coach at all. I was okay with him because I thought he was better than Haley. But, watching Haley lowered my expectations so far that McDaniels was acceptable.

Romeo is, by far, the most polished coach we have had since DV left.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM

Wow, another black head coach that you don't like. I am shocked.

eazyb81
12-15-2011, 07:23 AM
The worst thing Crennel can do this year is actually try to win games.

If he tanks the next three games then I will give him consideration for the full-time job.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 07:26 AM
No, it doesn't.

STOP ****ING POSTING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Cassel is the status quo. I would say that you would have the responsibility to point to any shred of evidence that the Chiefs will get rid of Cassel.

Based on what I have heard from Pioli, I don't see it happening.

BoneKrusher
12-15-2011, 07:30 AM

i wasn't here in 2009 when Haley was hired but i was at the Coalition and the excitement was overwhelming with the Head Coach Pioli had hired.

three years later we all know how well that worked out.

i'll happy with anyone as long as he makes the Chiefs a winner, all we can do is trust that Pioli gets it right this time.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 07:35 AM
i wasn't here in 2009 when Haley was hired but i was at the Coalition and the excitement was overwhelming with the Head Coach Pioli had hired.

three years later we all know how well that worked out.

i'll happy with anyone as long as he makes the Chiefs a winner, all we can do is trust that Pioli gets it right this time.

I agree.

el borracho
12-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Cassel is the status quo. I would say that you would have the responsibility to point to any shred of evidence that the Chiefs will get rid of Cassel.

Well, no guarantees, of course, but the hope I cling to is that there is no advantage to advertising our need and there is a fairly serious disadvantage to advertising our need publicly. Advertising our desperation just makes it more expensive to trade up and/or increases the likelihood of another team jumping us in the draft.

Unless Pioli is a complete idiot, he will keep his mouth shut until after the draft.

Baby Lee
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Who's that in your avatar. Looks like Bucky Larson and Chuck Norris had a gayby.

Frosty
12-15-2011, 08:15 AM
Okay, I'l bite.

Who was Crennel's OC when he had all this phenomenal success in Cleveland?

FAX

Rob Chudzinski, the current OC for the Panthers

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Wow, another black head coach that you don't like. I am shocked.

:facepalm:

Dont try and make this racist, you will fail...

Chiefspants
12-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Meh...I'm not exactly seeing a candidate I'd prefer over Crennel at this juncture.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 08:32 AM

Dont try and make this racist, you will fail...

Just not surprised. Not even saying it is about his actual skin color, just his mannerisms.

Fans tend to like the lily white, distinguished, well spoken head coaches.

Black coaches better win quickly to give themselves credibility.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Just not surprised. Not even saying it is about his actual skin color, just his mannerisms.

Fans tend to like the lily white, distinguished, well spoken head coaches.

Black coaches better win quickly to give themselves credibility.

Negative buddy...

ITs not about the skin color its about past and current results..

Just like Marty and Cowher... I cant stand either one of them and they arent black. Both of those guys are and would be collosal failures in todays NFL... AND THEY ARE WHITE!

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Negative buddy...

ITs not about the skin color its about past and current results..

Just like Marty and Cowher... I cant stand either one of them and they arent black. Both of those guys are and would be collosal failures in todays NFL... AND THEY ARE WHITE!

IF skin color isn't an issue to you, why did you say Romeo sounded like Shannon Sharpe?

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
IF skin color isn't an issue to you, why did you say Romeo sounded like Shannon Sharpe?

Because he did... :shrug: what does that have to do with racism or skin color?

You post and have the mannerisms of GoChiefs, but that doesnt make you gay does it?

Rausch
12-15-2011, 08:54 AM

New HC almost ALWAYS means new QB...

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Unless Crennel provides the proper lip service and gets the HC job.

That will ensure Cassel stays here...

FringeNC
12-15-2011, 08:59 AM

Yeah, and if the coach isn't Crennel or McDaniels, I'm guessing we get one.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM

bingo

DeezNutz
12-15-2011, 09:02 AM

Organizations with three top-5 picks in five years almost always draft a first-round QB.

milkshock
12-15-2011, 09:11 AM
i for one hope crennel gets the job next year

Chiefnj2
12-15-2011, 09:17 AM

You have to be in position to get one. It's more than just the head coach wanting one.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 09:23 AM
You have to be in position to get one. It's more than just the head coach wanting one.

True, but a new HC and a forward thinking GM can get a QB if they want one bad enough....

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Because he did... :shrug: what does that have to do with racism or skin color?

You post and have the mannerisms of GoChiefs, but that doesnt make you gay does it?

He doesn't sound like Shannon Sharpe...but I guess the white hood distorts the sound a little.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-15-2011, 09:44 AM

I think that Cassel will be back as the starter next year. The Chiefs may draft a QB, but as the starter.... it will be Cassel....IMO.

Reerun_KC
12-15-2011, 09:46 AM
He doesn't sound like Shannon Sharpe...but I guess the white hood distorts the sound a little.

darkchief
12-15-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm willing to give anyone a chance, as long as we draft a qbotf!! RG3 yes please!

Earthling
12-15-2011, 10:00 AM
I like Crennel personally. Wouldn't bother me a bit to see what he could do here.

Jive Ass
12-18-2011, 03:05 PM
I can deal with Crennel.

Chiefspants
12-18-2011, 03:16 PM
Meh, I doubt he could fire up the team in primetime situations.

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2011, 03:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sVzvRsl4rEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jive Ass
12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
Meh, I doubt he could fire up the team in primetime situations.

SARCASM CANNOT BE TOLERATED.

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Thats EXACTLY how i feel, so if Romeo can keep the D humming, brings in a top flight OC & has learned the critical lessons from his Cleveland days... i'd be ok with giving him a legitimate shot.

KCBOSS1
12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Well it's only been one game but I honestly wouldn't have given a 20% chance of being the successor. It looks loke the players love him, I really like how decisive he's been and how he's handled himself so far. It's a huge deal if the team rallies to the HC and they totally seem to believe in and support him. Pioli had better pay attention. How could he not? After all Crennel is of the NE Tree as well.

Rausch
12-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Well it's only been one game but I honestly wouldn't have given a 20% chance of being the successor. It looks loke the players love him, I really like how decisive he's been and how he's handled himself so far. It's a huge deal if the team rallies to the HC and they totally seem to believe in and support him. Pioli had better pay attention. How could he not? After all Crennel is of the NE Tree as well.

Fuck all that.

The product on the field is much much better.

THE...FUCKING...END...

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 03:50 PM
**** all that.

The product on the field is much much better.

THE...****ING...END...

The product on the field looked EXACTLY like it did against Pittsburgh with one glaring exception.