PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This should make Chiefs fans feel even better!

Frankie
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
The top two sack leaders in the NFL so far: Jared Allen (17.5), Jason Babin (15).
:banghead:

Phobia
12-14-2011, 03:19 PM
First with the "midair"...

WV
12-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Please raise your hands if you think they would be leading the league in KC?

HemiEd
12-14-2011, 03:21 PM
How is Jared's team doing?

I hope like hell Pioli can get them to do another trade like that. I was pissed at the time, but it has sure helped the Chiefs add talent.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2011, 03:22 PM
Both would be horrible in the 3-4. Besides I would rather have Charles & Albert than Allen.

DMAC
12-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Gosh, we could have gone to the Super Bowl.

Discuss Thrower
12-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Both would be horrible in the 3-4. Besides I would rather have Charles & Albert than Allen.

You're assuming Jamaal comes back to within 80% of his playmaking abilit, otherwise that trade looks mediocre at best.

BigRichard
12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Are either one of their mothers a whore?

durtyrute
12-14-2011, 03:27 PM
You're assuming Jamaal comes back to within 80% of his playmaking abilit, otherwise that trade looks mediocre at best.

Charles will never be the same. We need to get a RB this year also

Frankie
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Please raise your hands if you think they would be leading the league in KC?

In a 43? who knows? Anyway I just saw this on the NFL channel and it was like salt on my wound. Just wanted to share it with my fellow Chiefs fans.

Brock
12-14-2011, 03:33 PM

Charles won't miss a beat. We will need a backup though.

Bump
12-14-2011, 03:34 PM

no they wouldn't be, lol. They'd play OLB and rush the QB every down and do just fine.

WhiteWhale
12-14-2011, 03:36 PM

That would be a shame if he became the type of back who only averaged 5 yards per carry instead of six.

WhiteWhale
12-14-2011, 03:38 PM
The top two sack leaders in the NFL so far: Jared Allen (17.5), Jason Babin (15).
:banghead:

Both of their teams suck too. Who cares?

I like Hali just fine.

LiL stumppy
12-14-2011, 03:42 PM

Uh no, we are looking at the production we have already gotten from Charle's as well.

He tore an ACL, witch plentley of time to be prepared before the next season, it's not like he had an ankle amputated.

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM
and with an ACL you arent fully 100 percent until like 2 years later

yes he can play next season, but really like most have said, 80 percent. It wont be until that following season (see Welker) if he's truly back to form in terms of physical attributes, which will be relative to his production.

in other words: we do need a RB for next season somewhere, draft, FA, etc. Thomas Jones, Battle, McShit cant cut it and wont be worth a shit to buffer a load to ease Charles back into the game

Frankie
12-14-2011, 03:47 PM

I like Hali just fine.

This is a bit more personal for me because I was seeing and mentioning a potential for Babin when we had him. In a 43, he would have been a nice replacement for Jared Allen opposite Hali with the added advantage of Dorsey playing his natural position.

But Pioli was hell bent on changing the system immediately to 34.

mcaj22
12-14-2011, 03:50 PM
wouldnt it be funny if we got a new coach and he brought his own guys in, like a new DC, and that coach and his scheme wants to revert back to the 43

it would be 3 years for nothing. I hope to goodness that does not happen.

Frankie
12-14-2011, 03:51 PM
That would be a shame if he became the type of back who only averaged 5 yards per carry instead of six.

yes he can play next season, but really like most have said, 80 percent. It wont be until that following season (see Welker) if he's truly back to form in terms of physical attributes, which will be relative to his production.

80% of 6 YPC is just about 5 YPC. Just like WW said. And if that's only for one year before Jamaal fully returns I'd gleefully take it.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 03:56 PM
Wow, Jared Allen shining in a lost season!

Color me shocked.

Frankie
12-14-2011, 05:58 PM
Wow, Jared Allen shining in a lost season!

Color me shocked.

Maybe if everyone else around him was any good he would not have to. It could be construed both ways.

O.city
12-14-2011, 06:01 PM
Welker was a pro bowler his first season back. He played in game one about 5 months after tearing his ACL. Charles will be a year removed.

Frosty
12-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Maybe if everyone else around him was any good he would not have to. It could be construed both ways.

Maybe I should have said "shining when it didn't count".

seclark
12-14-2011, 06:07 PM
i'm a chiefs fan and don't feel any different after reading this.
what am i missing?
turn off your cell phones and buckle your seat belts. we're approaching mid-air.
sec

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 07:31 PM

The Chiefs aren't doing so hot in a 3-4, either. (I really don't like 3-4 defenses.)

Babin is a total mystery. During his short stint with us he was a total waste of ocular energy to watch. Did nothing. Produced nothing. Destroyed nothing. Just like he'd done with the Texans or whoever had him before us. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

And then we cut him and he goes to the next team and suddenly becomes a better sacker than Kurt Warner at Hyvee. What did they do different that the earlier teams didn't do?

FAX
12-14-2011, 07:39 PM
The Chiefs aren't doing so hot in a 3-4, either. (I really don't like 3-4 defenses.)

Babin is a total mystery. During his short stint with us he was a total waste of ocular energy to watch. Did nothing. Produced nothing. Destroyed nothing. Just like he'd done with the Texans or whoever had him before us. Nothing, nothing, nothing.

And then we cut him and he goes to the next team and suddenly becomes a better sacker than Kurt Warner at Hyvee. What did they do different that the earlier teams didn't do?

I'd like to mention that I used to mention this a lot, but nobody ever paid attention to what I was mentioning, so I quit mentioning it.

But I'm going to mention it once more for old time's sake; the Tacks have traditionally done a really, really good job of developing defensive linemen. I mean, it's been amazing. They draft guys, get them on the field, then release them one after the other and, for the most part, their d-line plays consistently well. It's weird, really. Anyhow, I wonder if his time there helped him understand how to play his position.

FAX

Rain Man
12-14-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd like to mention that I used to mention this a lot, but nobody ever paid attention to what I was mentioning, so I quit mentioning it.

But I'm going to mention it once more for old time's sake; the Tacks have traditionally done a really, really good job of developing defensive linemen. I mean, it's been amazing. They draft guys, get them on the field, then release them one after the other and, for the most part, their d-line plays consistently well. It's weird, really. Anyhow, I wonder if his time there helped him understand how to play his position.

FAX

It's a better explanation than my theory about visiting a Saudi Arabian witch.

Maybe we should be advocating the Titans' d-line coach for our head coaching position.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Hali Dorsey Raji Babin

Yeah, that wouldn't suck.

But we had to switch to the 3-4...

FAX
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
It's a better explanation than my theory about visiting a Saudi Arabian witch.

Maybe we should be advocating the Titans' d-line coach for our head coaching position.

Maybe ...

Then again, the Saudi witch would probably kick some ass. A lot of times, an opposing team will lose focus when they start seeing blood-soaked, headless ghosts and the rotting corpses of transient spirit beings hanging out in the locker room.

FAX

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2011, 07:53 PM
Jared Allen should have been a Chief for life. Thanks Carl !

Frankie
12-15-2011, 01:32 AM

Geez man I was seeing a lot of Jared Allen potential in Babin. One of those losses I hated to see by the forced switch to 3-4.

BTW, I like 4-3 better too.

Frankie
12-15-2011, 01:33 AM

FAX
Who's their D-line coach?

Hali Dorsey Raji Babin

Yeah, that wouldn't suck.

But we had to switch to the 3-4...

:D

Agreed.

Jared Allen should have been a Chief for life. Thanks Carl !

Don't you know Carl HAD to save money to pay for a huge contract for his ever deserving super star LJ.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 07:30 AM

no.

bevischief
12-15-2011, 07:31 AM

I like Hali just fine.

yep.

Aries Walker
12-15-2011, 07:34 AM
Didn't we beat Jared Allen's horrible team earlier this year?

scho63
12-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Sounds to me that Babin finally discovered the benefit of steroids while in Tennessee.

Sacks '04-'11
0 (only 2 games)
12.5 Tennesee
15.0 so far this year

DRU
12-15-2011, 10:12 AM

Based on this logic we could trade Barry Richardson for Aaron Rodgers, but if Rodgers gets hurt it was a bad trade..??

chop
12-15-2011, 10:16 AM

in other words: we do need a RB for next season somewhere, draft, FA, etc. Thomas Jones, Battle, McShit cant cut it and wont be worth a shit to buffer a load to ease Charles back into the game

Welker is a bad example. Welker was hurt at the end of the football year and he was back by the beginning of the next year ( much less than a year of rehabbing). He wasn't the same player that entire year. Charles got hurt early in the year and is going to have more time to recover. Is he going to be 100%? I don't know but he will be better off with the extended time away from football.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Babin got cut by the Eagles as well after the Chiefs got rid of him. You know what they say "Hindsight is 50/50".

KC-TBB
12-15-2011, 10:57 AM
:banghead:I still think it sucks that they let Nick Lowry go...:banghead:

Halfcan
12-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Look at the eye popping numbers Tony G is putting up?? 2nd all time in receptions now and if he plays 5 more years will pass Jerry Rice.

Frankie
12-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Look at the eye popping numbers Tony G is putting up?? 2nd all time in receptions now and if he plays 5 more years will pass Jerry Rice.

He won't play 5 more years.