PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kyle Orton 1st half performance....

petegz28
12-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I gove him an A-...

The one pass to Breatson on the endzone was behind him but all in all...a great 1st half by Orton

Quesadilla Joe
12-18-2011, 01:25 PM
I haven't been watching but let me guess... You move the ball down the field pretty well and then fail in the redzone?

RealSNR
I haven't been watching but let me guess... You move the ball down the field pretty well and then fail in the redzone?Yarp.

jAZ
You can't get an A without a touchdown. B+.

RealSNR
12-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Also the official missed a hold in the Packers' own end zone. We should have 2 more points right now

Pasta Little Brioni
Also the official missed a hold in the Packers' own end zone. We should have 2 more points right now

Yep, Hali was raped good on that play.

petegz28
You can't get an A without a touchdown. B+.

Yeah but if McClain catches the damn ball he does score a TD

Bowser
12-18-2011, 01:27 PM
14 of 19 against the defending champs in your first start with the new team with no turnovers in the first half is pretty impressive.

Stewie
12-18-2011, 01:27 PM
You can tell that GB respects Orton's arm more than they would any other Chiefs' QB.

I put the failure in the red zone on the O-line, not Orton.

petegz28
12-18-2011, 01:28 PM
All I know is we are not looking at a lot of 2nd and longs. And Orton is moving the ball. Passes going beyond the yard sticks...go figure.

rockymtnchief
12-18-2011, 01:29 PM

I'm still pissed about that non-call.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-18-2011, 01:30 PM
14 of 19 against the defending champs in your first start with the new team with no turnovers in the first half is pretty impressive.

The packers D sucks this year vs the pass

Hammock Parties
12-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Cassel needs to GTFO

petegz28
12-18-2011, 01:31 PM

Don't they lead the league in takeaways?

cdcox
12-18-2011, 01:32 PM
B

Need more points, even with the McClain drop.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-18-2011, 01:32 PM

They are ballhawks. Loved the pump by Orton and throw to Bowe that Woodson jumped.

DuhChiefs
12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I've seen too many plays this year where Hali is being held like that in the back field...

petegz28
B

Need more points, even with the McClain drop.

I'm not talking about the offense as a whole, just Orton. Nothing Orton has done has prevented us from scoring save the one pass to Breaston which he immdeiately made up for but McClain chose not to catch the ball

phisherman
i'll just say one thing. orton has more chemistry with our receivers on 3 weeks of practice than cassel has had in almost 3 years.

it's torture to see what a somewhat competent qb can do with the personnel out there in so little time. at least orton will net us a nice draft pick after this.

prhom
All I know is we are not looking at a lot of 2nd and longs. And Orton is moving the ball. Passes going beyond the yard sticks...go figure.

To be fair Barry hasn't had any penalties on 1st down or in the redone either. I don't think we can say that Orton is elevating Barry's play, but that guy has singlehandedly killed at least 3 drives a game for us all year long. It's a lot easier to keep a drive going when you don't have to get 15 yards for a first down each time.

petegz28
12-18-2011, 01:34 PM
To be fair Barry hasn't had any penalties on 1st down or in the redone either. I don't think we can say that Orton is elevating Barry's play, but that guy has singlehandedly killed at least 3 drives a game for us all year long. It's a lot easier to keep a drive going when you don't have to get 15 yards for a first down each time.

Well this is true

prhom
12-18-2011, 01:40 PM
i'll just say one thing. orton has more chemistry with our receivers on 3 weeks of practice than cassel has had in almost 3 years.

it's torture to see what a somewhat competent qb can do with the personnel out there in so little time. at least orton will net us a nice draft pick after this.

As long as this is the nail in Matt Cassel's coffin, I'm fine with Orton playing today. I'd love to see Stanzi but I don't think he'd be making Cassel and Palko look as bad as Orton is making them look today.

prhom
12-18-2011, 01:45 PM
Also, doesn't it seem like Zorn is a lot calmer today? I'm sure his job is a lot easier with Orton out there.

Bowser
12-18-2011, 01:55 PM

True, but it is still safe to say that Orton has exceeded expectations to this point.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Amazing how letting the offensive coordinator actually call a game makes the offense look so much better.

It is so nice to watch a game where the coaching staff actually works together.

I guess Pioli must have changed all the game day policies too.

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 02:24 PM
He's made several throws that Cassel could never hope to, the flat footed throw to Breaston a minute ago, for example.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 02:30 PM
Also, doesn't it seem like Zorn is a lot calmer today? I'm sure his job is a lot easier with Orton out there.

Yeah, has nothing to do with the head coach...:)

milkman
12-18-2011, 02:36 PM
Amazing how letting the offensive coordinator actually call a game makes the offense look so much better.

It is so nice to watch a game where the coaching staff actually works together.

I guess Pioli must have changed all the game day policies too.

Good God, you're a fucking moron.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 02:44 PM
LMAO Falling into the Orton trap is funny to watch.

BigRichard
12-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Hey Cassel, take some notes you dumb fuck. This is what a competent QB looks like.

petegz28
12-18-2011, 02:48 PM

He has looked good this game. Will he next week? We shall see but the performance today has been A+

FringeNC
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM

Orton trap? In his first start, this is the best quarterbacking we have seen since Trent Green in his prime.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 02:49 PM
He has looked good this game. Will he next week? We shall see but the performance today has been A+

Enjoy.

Mile High Mania
12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
I wish Orton nothing but good will... he's not a bad guy, he can play at a high level and I hope does good things ... granted, nothing but failure for him in the last regular season game though.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 02:51 PM
Orton trap? In his first start, this is the best quarterbacking we have seen since Trent Green in his prime.

Maybe KC is the place where the real Orton finally shines through.

DaFace
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM

A+? No way in hell. Don't get me wrong - he's hands-down better than Cassel, but he has sucked in the RZ just like he always did in Denver. I'll give him a solid B, where Cassel averaged a solid D.

FringeNC
12-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Maybe KC is the place where the real Orton finally shines through.

Part of it is our standard is so low, a competent performance looks like a Hall of Fame performance.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Part of it is our standard is so low, a competent performance looks like a Hall of Fame performance.

I like Orton, he's steady and solid but just can't get it into the end zone. Would like to see him come into his own; if he's going to it will have to be soon.

vailpass
12-18-2011, 03:00 PM
A+? No way in hell. Don't get me wrong - he's hands-down better than Cassel, but he has sucked in the RZ just like he always did in Denver. I'll give him a solid B, where Cassel averaged a solid D.

Exactly. And despite him doing a lot of things right after a while that not getting into the end zone shit gets old. Real old.

petegz28
12-18-2011, 03:00 PM

Aside from the one pass in the endzone behind Breaston, what has he done that he could do better?

DaFace
12-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Aside from the one pass in the endzone behind Breaston, what has he done that he could do better?

Is scoring a TD not a worthwhile goal?

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 03:02 PM
I don't think he is a better QB than Cassel.... but I have to admit thaI he has much less douchiness.

FringeNC
12-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I don't think he is a better QB than Cassel.... but I have to admit thaI he has much less douchiness.

WTF?

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM
10 different receivers... suck it Castle.

Tribal Warfare
12-18-2011, 03:06 PM
Crennel/Orton > Haley/Cassel

petegz28
12-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Is scoring a TD not a worthwhile goal?

Doesn't the WR have to catch the ball...ala McCalin? Other than that we didn't really call many pass plays in the RZ except some high-risk fades

DaFace
12-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Doesn't the WR have to catch the ball...ala McCalin? Other than that we didn't really call many pass plays in the RZ except some high-risk fades

And why do you suppose they went away from passing in the RZ?

-King-
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
YOU CAN'T SPELL TOUCHDROUN WITHOUT 0-R-T-O-N!

petegz28
12-18-2011, 03:18 PM
And why do you suppose they went away from passing in the RZ?

Are you serious? The dude was lighting it up all over the field. Too many stupid calls in the RZ which has been a problem all year, not just today.

Easy 6
12-18-2011, 03:20 PM

:facepalm:

milkman
12-18-2011, 03:29 PM

We know what he is.

He's a mediocre QB that can move the chains, but struggles in the red zone.

He's not a guy I want to go to battle with.

But mediocrity is a level that Matt Cassel can only strive for.

If we actually decided to try to bring Orton back as the starter, I fully expect the same old medicrity this franchise just loves.

Once again, you're a fucking moron.

-King-
12-18-2011, 03:35 PM

You have to actually TRY to be this stupid.

ReynardMuldrake
12-18-2011, 03:38 PM
YOU CAN'T SPELL TOUCHDROUN WITHOUT 0-R-T-O-N!

Why would you want to spell touchdroun?

bricks
12-18-2011, 03:42 PM
I know Orton is not that good in the redzone, but, a healthy Charles and Moeaki should makeup for that.

htismaqe
12-18-2011, 03:51 PM
Crennel/Orton > Haley/Cassel

This equation is invalid, you can't divide by zero. :)

vailpass
12-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't think

Obviously.

-King-
12-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Why would you want to spell touchdroun?

Exactly.
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
12-18-2011, 04:09 PM

Serious question, you smoke meth, don't you? That would be the only explanation for this post, other than being a complete useless troll.

BigMeatballDave
12-18-2011, 04:48 PM

You are a dumbass of epic proportions

petegz28
12-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Red Zone had some great post-game commentary...

One of the things Danan Hughes pointed out was the zip on the ball and how the passes were on a rope. Cassel has nothing like this despite how average Orton is he is much better than Cassel.

Also in post game Orton said they hadn't "planned" on going to the TE's that much. In other words he was going through his progression and hitting the open guy. Again, not an elite QB but much better than Cassel.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Red Zone had some great post-game commentary...

One of the things Danan Hughes pointed out was the zip on the ball and how the passes were on a rope. Cassel has nothing like this despite how average Orton is he is much better than Cassel.

Also in post game Orton said they hadn't "planned" on going to the TE's that much. In other words he was going through his progression and hitting the open guy. Again, not an elite QB but much better than Cassel.

I am not in the KC area. Was that on TV?

It will be interesting how the direction the Chiefs go next year. I hope they get rid of Cassel. No, I don't think Orton is any better. But, I don't think Cassel is good enough either.

And, this place would be so much more fun if we had a QB that we liked.

petegz28
12-18-2011, 05:51 PM
I am not in the KC area. Was that on TV?

It will be interesting how the direction the Chiefs go next year. I hope they get rid of Cassel. No, I don't think Orton is any better. But, I don't think Cassel is good enough either.

And, this place would be so much more fun if we had a QB that we liked.

It's on MSN. If you aren't in KC you don't get it, I'm sure. Orton is better than Cassel. That doesn't say much but if we draft a QB and want a verteran for at least another year we can do worse than Orton.