PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Was Haley trying to throw games?

Bambi
12-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm no Pioli lover. This team still is pretty "no so good".

But come on man. That shit I saw last week was weird...

How long do ya'll think that was going on?

jd1020
12-19-2011, 12:07 AM
I don't see how you can make an argument that he wasn't.

Johnny Vegas
12-19-2011, 12:08 AM
was one of my first thoughts the way his last game went.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2011, 12:09 AM
http://hphotos-iad1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/380845_306876102668641_116476271708626_1055657_1158696541_n.jpg

Bambi
12-19-2011, 12:10 AM
was one of my first thoughts the way his last game went.

I sat a few rows from the sideline last week in NY.

I've never seen such an attitude from a team. It was like 53 different dudes all just wanting to go home.

Good job Romeo. Lets hope he keeps it rollin.

I noticed they put the Chiefs back on the "in the hunt" board on NBC. Guess that counts for something.

Epic Fail 007
12-19-2011, 12:13 AM
yes he was

Bowser
12-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Only Haley would know for sure, and if anyone seriously thought he was, he'll never front an NFL team again.

Maybe he caught wind of the rumor he was going to be axed after the Colts game had they lost, and just decided then and there he wouldn't give a fuck the rest of the season. Or, maybe he really just isn't a good head coach.

Bump
12-19-2011, 12:18 AM
1. Stanzi is worse than Palko.
2. Haley was throwing games.

It's one of the two.

Bambi
12-19-2011, 12:19 AM
Only Haley would know for sure, and if anyone seriously thought he was, he'll never front an NFL team again.

Maybe he caught wind of the rumor he was going to be axed after the Colts game had they lost, and just decided then and there he wouldn't give a **** the rest of the season. Or, maybe he really just isn't a good head coach.

I agree it seems risky to try something like that. And maybe I'm concentrating on the Jets game too much.

I forget, was Orton starting when he broke his finger a few weeks ago? Or was he in off the bench?

Bowser
12-19-2011, 12:20 AM
I agree it seems risky to try something like that. And maybe I'm concentrating on the Jets game too much.

I forget, was Orton starting when he broke his finger a few weeks ago? Or was he in off the bench?

Off the bench for the gimmick flea flicker, to which Palko clearly didn't have the arm for.

Munson
12-19-2011, 12:22 AM

It's one of the two.

That is physically impossible.

mnchiefsguy
12-19-2011, 12:24 AM

It's one of the two.

Stanzi could be worse than Palko...we have seen very little of him in action.

I do not think that is the case though. I think Haley played Palko because......ah hell, I don't know, but leaving Orton and Stanzi on the bench was criminal, and it will have cost us a playoff spot potentially.

Unfortunately, he did the same thing with Gaither.....Pioli should not have given in to Haley and released him. He had another serviceable game for SD tonight. That decision just bites.

jd1020
12-19-2011, 12:26 AM

It's one of the two.

I don't know how any one can say this. Crennel immediately inactivated him. In case people haven't been paying attention to Crennel, he isn't playing the "yes man" role.

Johnny Vegas
12-19-2011, 12:27 AM
I sat a few rows from the sideline last week in NY.

I've never seen such an attitude from a team. It was like 53 different dudes all just wanting to go home.

Good job Romeo. Lets hope he keeps it rollin.

I noticed they put the Chiefs back on the "in the hunt" board on NBC. Guess that counts for something.

I felt something wasn't right. Like they wanted to toss in the towel the minute the coin flipped. The plays were set up to fail so blatantly is was embarrassing.

Honestly, I fast-forwarded between every play of the Cheifs offense/defense to speed up their tempo. Lately I record the games and watch it about an hour later because I haven't been excited to start the game on time the minute I heard Palko was starting.

I voted for Romeo in the next HC thread. Maybe I'd be crazy to go on his side, but I always thought he was a good coach. Maybe not a HC for all 32 teams, but it can always work with that one and that one could be the Chiefs. He obviously wants to win in a heavily sided game and 0 chance playoff spot. The team rallied behind that. Great game.

KCrockaholic
12-19-2011, 12:28 AM
It's possible...

Fritz88
12-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I think he was trying to be too creative and thinking way too much outside the box. Add to that his stubbornness. When a young coach does that then you have a formula for losing.
Posted via Mobile Device

wazu
12-19-2011, 12:55 AM
As a Haley fan going into this year, his stubbornness with players was baffling. No sane explanation for some of what he did. Palko, Gaither/Richardson, Battle/Jones...weird.

I can't imagine a coach intentionally "throwing" games, but he was so blind to the obvious in multiple areas that he might as well have.

BWillie
12-19-2011, 01:26 AM
Yesterday it was Haley shouldnt have been fired, Pioli is a slouch. Today Haley throws games just cuz they win a game they shouldn't have. Give me a break

chiefzilla1501
12-19-2011, 01:48 AM
I still think people are looking WAY too deeply into this. There are very conservative reasons for why Haley likely started Palko.

Palko over Orton. Orton shouldn't have played against Pittsburgh. He probably wasn't healthy enough to play against the Jets. And I think it's beyond ridiculous to suggest that Orton was only in to play on a gimmick play. It was pretty clear that Palko got hooked out of the Chicago game. So we're basically talking about outrage over Palko starting 1 and a half quarters of football (Chicago game) over Orton.

Palko over Stanzi... who knows. Maybe Stanzi is very unready. Maybe Haley was being ultra-conservative in rushing a young player. In his defense, we have no idea if Stanzi is really struggling in practice or not. I think people are getting a little bit carried away in their outrage that a 5th round rookie isn't starting.

So again... I would have gone with Stanzi. But the outrage over not starting a 5th round rookie has been way overblown.

Direckshun
12-19-2011, 01:56 AM
I think Haley was so rigidly dogmatic that he'd stay with a battle plan undeterred unless absolutely necessary, even if the plan was so weird no other coach in their right mind would stick with it.

Example: this year's preseason.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2011, 01:58 AM
Was Haley trying to throw games?

no, he just sucks.

maybe when he grows up he will be better ... i doubt he gets another HC gig for awhile.

Hammock Parties
12-19-2011, 02:00 AM
no, he just sucks.

maybe when he grows up he will be better ... i doubt he gets another HC gig for awhile.

43 fucking years old...he's going to rage into an early grave.

His tombstone will read:

"does not play well with others"

Mr. Laz
12-19-2011, 02:03 AM
43 ****ing years old...he's going to rage into an early grave.

His tombstone will read:

wow ... he's pretty old to still be such a gigantic puss.

Haley = Gunther

Both need to be on a leash to be successful

-King-
12-19-2011, 02:11 AM
43 fucking years old...he's going to rage into an early grave.

His tombstone will read:

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Jive Ass
12-19-2011, 03:37 AM
I still think people are looking WAY too deeply into this. There are very conservative reasons for why Haley likely started Palko.

Palko over Orton. Orton shouldn't have played against Pittsburgh. He probably wasn't healthy enough to play against the Jets. And I think it's beyond ridiculous to suggest that Orton was only in to play on a gimmick play. It was pretty clear that Palko got hooked out of the Chicago game. So we're basically talking about outrage over Palko starting 1 and a half quarters of football (Chicago game) over Orton.

Palko over Stanzi... who knows. Maybe Stanzi is very unready. Maybe Haley was being ultra-conservative in rushing a young player. In his defense, we have no idea if Stanzi is really struggling in practice or not. I think people are getting a little bit carried away in their outrage that a 5th round rookie isn't starting.

So again... I would have gone with Stanzi. But the outrage over not starting a 5th round rookie has been way overblown.

Agreed on this one. Haley would be throwing his career away if there were any thought that he was throwing games. I think he was out of touch with the team, lost some key guys, and tried to be too unpredictable. Palko just seems to me like a guy who deserved a chance at the time. Football is obviously his life, and I think Haley wanted to recognize that.

He stayed with him for too long, had too many ridiculous losses and fell completely out of touch with the rest of the team because no one had any confidence in the unorthodox approach or in Palko's presence. I'm guessing Haley will go elsewhere and be a competent OC once again, or just a WR coach. That seems his forte, as he clearly improved Bowe's playing.

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 09:20 AM
As a Haley fan going into this year, his stubbornness with players was baffling. No sane explanation for some of what he did. Palko, Gaither/Richardson, Battle/Jones...weird.

I can't imagine a coach intentionally "throwing" games, but he was so blind to the obvious in multiple areas that he might as well have.

It's almost like he was TRYING to get fired.

I think he and Pioli simply didn't agree and Haley was determined to be "right" come Hell or high water.

He fought the law and the law won...

MIAdragon
12-19-2011, 09:23 AM

It's one of the two.

Im not sure number one is possible.

BoneKrusher
12-19-2011, 09:33 AM
no, he just sucks.

i agree, he did suck.
and after yesterdays game, it's safe to say the players on this roster though he sucked as well.

arrwheader
12-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I think that after Orton was picked up and were paying him 2.5 million dollars for a few games, then you start him. Yea i can see why he didnt play his first week he arrived, but even thats debatable. The Raiders played palmer right after thier back up failed miserably, yea palmer ended up playing like shit too but ortons different. He actually played in the NFL this year unlike palmer who was off the couch. So the fact that haley started a no talent ass clown like palko over a veteran QB whom you picked off the waiver wire for the soul reason to replace casshole then you PLAY him. That in fact is reason beyond all belief that haley was a fucking idiot and or he was trying to sabatoge the season and the team, doesnt matter it was clear on sunday that we are better off without him end of story

trndobrd
12-19-2011, 09:40 AM
I can't imagine Haley was intentionally trying to throw games. Even if he knew he was going to get axed, he was still interviewing for his next coaching job. The more likely scenario is that he saw the direction things were heading and became increasingly desperate, scattered, and was grasping at straws.

I can believe that Haley thought Palko gave him the best chance to win against the Jets and started him. Still can't figure out why Haley didn't put Stazi in at half-time.

Bane
12-19-2011, 09:48 AM
Who gives a fuck!He's GONE and we have a HC for now that clearly can get good game play from the team.

The Bad Guy
12-19-2011, 09:51 AM
McClain saying that's the most tape he's watched all year pretty much seals it up that Haley didn't give a flying F about preperation.

J Diddy
12-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Im not sure number one is possible.

I sure hope it isn't. I do remember reading somewhere that Palko just lit up the practice field and sucked up the important field.

If that's the case I can see the perception of number one as a possibility.

philfree
12-19-2011, 09:58 AM
McClain saying that's the most tape he's watched all year pretty much seals it up that Haley didn't give a flying F about preperation.

Apparently Haley was more concerned about pushing peoples buttons. While it might have worked a little on a few players that's not way for a HC to coach. He needs to go back to being a position coach.

ct
12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
I find it very hard to believe an NFL coach would do that. But I look at the chain of events, the product Haley was putting on the field intentionally, the very odd pre-season strategies, and all the crazy Pioli/Haley rift talk bantering around, and I can't possibly ignore my gut feeling that he really really did put this team in position to struggle...BADLY...to get himself fired and PAID for leaving.

FU Todd!!

chop
12-19-2011, 10:07 AM
I think Haley was so rigidly dogmatic that he'd stay with a battle plan undeterred unless absolutely necessary, even if the plan was so weird no other coach in their right mind would stick with it.

Example: this year's preseason.

I wanted Haley to succeed but this is what really bothered me about him. He showed this when he first arrived when he played Larry Johnson over Jamaal Charles. He stayed with Johnson, and his terrible rushing average, until he was injured and then, and only then, did he finally go to Charles.

stonedstooge
12-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Maybe the team did better not for the fact that Haley was relieved of his duties, but for the fact that Clark finally put the handcuffs on Pioli.

JonesCrusher
12-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Did the Packers throw the game yesterday?

stonedstooge
12-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Did the Packers throw the game yesterday?

Lost 2 offensive lineman

Mr. Laz
12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Maybe the team did better not for the fact that Haley was relieved of his duties, but for the fact that Clark finally put the handcuffs on Pioli.
:spock:

How exactly did he do that? Because he participated in the press conference when we fired Haley?

people have lost their dam minds about Pioli

tinfoil hats for everybody!!!!

Okie_Apparition
12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
IF he was trying to throw games, thank goodness he didn't expose Stanzi to it
I guess he could learn from being set up to fail, I wouldn't recommend it

Molitoth
12-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Yesterday the chiefs played with a nothing-to-lose attitude and chucked the ball down field while having fun.

That's how you play good offense. Sticking to a conservative, predictable play calling style in attempt to save turnover's is biting yourself in the ass. It's like the saying about injuries... If you play to not get injured, it's going to happen.

bobbything
12-19-2011, 12:22 PM
If we finish the season looking like we did yesterday, then I will come to the conclusion that Haley was (1) a terrible coach, or (2) giving the middle finger to management by playing Palko and Co; thus, throwing games.

Either way, if we look solid to finish out the season, Haley deserved to be fired.

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 12:24 PM
If we finish the season looking like we did yesterday, then I will come to the conclusion that Haley was (1) a terrible coach, or (2) giving the middle finger to management by playing Palko and Co; thus, throwing games.

Either way, if we look solid to finish out the season, Haley deserved to be fired.

He deserved to be fired regardless of whether we win or lose the rest of the way...

okcchief
12-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Haley's logic was always fucked IMO. Even last year he made games more interesting than they should have been with head scratching decisions. He just isn't a good head coach.

stonedstooge
12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
:spock:

How exactly did he do that? Because he participated in the press conference when we fired Haley?

people have lost their dam minds about Pioli

tinfoil hats for everybody!!!!

So some rumours are more founded than others? Information that came out about Pioli last week was not exactly heartening. Haley rumors carry more weight?

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
So some rumours are more founded than others? Information that came out about Pioli last week was not exactly heartening. Haley rumors carry more weight?

Even if those rumors are true, they certainly don't exonerate Haley.

There's really no way to look at it and absolve Haley of blame.

O.city
12-19-2011, 12:33 PM
I just don't see the Fisher thing. Hes a 43 guy and Pioli has brought in and drafted 34 guys. I don't see him changing that especially for an average coach like Fisher. If it were for a proven winner maybe I gues.

ct
12-19-2011, 12:34 PM
The players' reactions alone since Haley was fired prove w/out a doubt his egotistical antics had lost this football team. This spells fired, not a question in my mind.

stonedstooge
12-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Even if those rumors are true, they certainly don't exonerate Haley.

There's really no way to look at it and absolve Haley of blame.

I don't think that Haley doesn't earn much of the blame. Aside from the things that were said about him, the things said about Pioli were much more frightening. He's still with the Chiefs

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think that Haley doesn't earn much of the blame. Aside from the things that were said about him, the things said about Pioli were much more frightening. He's still with the Chiefs

I can agree with this, certainly.

BoneKrusher
12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
He deserved to be fired regardless of whether we win or lose the rest of the way...

yep, Haley was a MorAn.

DaKCMan AP
12-19-2011, 01:19 PM
No. Anyone who thinks so is a dingbat.

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/conspiracy_theorist.jpg

BoneKrusher
12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
No. Anyone who thinks so is a dingbat.

http://www.theunticket.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/conspiracy_theorist.jpg

hello, i'm a Dingbat.

Mr. Laz
12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
a better question would be "Did Crennel sabotage Haley,because Haley is such a dick, and because he wanted the HC gig?"

:fire:

BoneKrusher
12-19-2011, 01:27 PM
a better question would be "Did Crennel sabotage Haley,because Haley is such a dick, and because he wanted the HC gig?"

good question.

if he did i support him in his quest.

whoman69
12-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Conspiracy theories. Gotta love it. Where was Haley when the Lindburg baby was kidnapped?

Pasta Little Brioni
12-19-2011, 01:40 PM
The guy was in over his head. Simple as that. Peter Principle bit him (and us) in the ass.

Chiefnj2
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Where was Haley when the Lindburg baby was kidnapped?

Giving Tyler Palko first team snaps and shopping at the Salvation Army for used Chief's sweatpants. Where else would he be on a Monday?

BoneKrusher
12-19-2011, 01:44 PM
The guy was in over his head. Simple as that. Peter Principle bit him (and us) in the ass.

yeah, well i'm just glad to be rid of him.

ChiefMojo
12-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Pioli is without fault but that doesn't take away that Todd Haley was a fraud and horrible head coach (way over his heads)! From the first seconds Training Camp started, this was a abortion of a season. Haley tried to fool us with the four game winning streak but the organization and fans saw through it.

He had to be throwing the season/job... no way you can justify playing Palko over the others, NONE!!!

Bambi
12-19-2011, 02:55 PM

:hmmm:

whoman69
12-19-2011, 04:44 PM
This whole thread is idiotic. Unless the guy wants to commit career suicide and not even be able to get an asst. wide receiver job, there is no way he does this. Did people take their stupid pills for the rest of the decade today?

KCBOSS1
12-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I can't reconcile how He ran a high flying, risk taking, down the field offense compared to this crap he tried to install here. Something's off in the whole deal. Of course we just now got a quarterback.

MahiMike
12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
i think he was just so pissed at Pioli he wanted to make sure he got fired. I liked Haley but in the end he was just a teenager still needing to grow up.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-19-2011, 07:21 PM
I can't reconcile how He ran a high flying, risk taking, down the field offense compared to this crap he tried to install here. Something's off in the whole deal. Of course we just now got a quarterback.

Kurt Warner had a wee bit to do with that in his Zona days.

Simply Red
12-19-2011, 09:39 PM
Off the bench for the gimmick flea flicker, to which Palko clearly didn't have the arm for.

Most of Palkos' issues are with his lack of strength, it's a trade off for his healthy, vitamin enriched hair he was born with.