PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How many times did we have problems getting the play call in?

Holladay
12-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Is it the coach or the QB?

Slainte
12-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Was this a problem yesterday? I listened to the KCFX feed and they never talked about any problems, vis-a-vis communications with the sidelines.

They did have some probs getting the calls out into Cassels headset in the past, though...

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 05:59 AM
Quit your bitchin...

One small issue with a brand new QB here for, what, three weeks...

GEEZ...

Biggest win in recent Chief history yesterday, one for HISTORY...

penguinz
12-19-2011, 06:12 AM
Quit your bitchin...

GEEZ...

Biggest win in recent Chief history yesterday, one for HISTORY...Your and idiot.

Fritz88
12-19-2011, 06:26 AM
Your and idiot.

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

headsnap
12-19-2011, 06:59 AM
Quit your bitchin...

GEEZ...

Biggest win in recent Chief history yesterday, one for HISTORY...

was there an issue yesterday?

FAX
12-19-2011, 07:06 AM
I read somewhere that we had 12 guys on the field at some point? Or 10?

It's difficult to tell from the play-by-play whether time-outs were used correctly (no read on the game situation, and all), but I don't think you sustain drives like those with a sideline that's functioning inefficiently.

Oh ... and something that hasn't been talked about much on here is Muir's play-calling. It wasn't all that bad, really. It looks like he mixed things up pretty well. It appears to have been the same, basic play scheme we've been running ... maybe a few more screens (I'm guessing that some of those short passes were screens, anyhow). The big difference appeared to be the fact that the QB actually went through reads and found the open guy ... a lot of critical first downs in that game for the Chiefs.

FAX

King_Chief_Fan
12-19-2011, 07:09 AM
only issue I remember is they forgot to count to 11 a couple of times

rockymtnchief
12-19-2011, 07:59 AM

FAX
Both.

The 12 men led to GB getting a second chance at a field goal. Later in the game, KC called timeout just before the ball was snapped when they only had 10 on the field, IIRC.

cabletech94
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM
I brought this up a couple weeks back. Since castle has been out there had been almost zero issues with getting a play in. Maybe once. Go chiefs probably has seen enough film to verify my claims.
I don't think that this issue was ever haleys "fault". I noticed that Palko at least was yelling at wrs to get set in the correct position. With that said, enjoy your inactive status from here on out tyler.
Now counting to 11 is another story altogether.

trndobrd
12-19-2011, 08:46 AM

It's difficult to tell from the play-by-play whether time-outs were used correctly (no read on the game situation, and all), but I don't think you sustain drives like those with a sideline that's functioning inefficiently.

Oh ... and something that hasn't been talked about much on here is Muir's play-calling. It wasn't all that bad, really. It looks like he mixed things up pretty well. It appears to have been the same, basic play scheme we've been running ... maybe a few more screens (I'm guessing that some of those short passes were screens, anyhow). The big difference appeared to be the fact that the QB actually went through reads and found the open guy ... a lot of critical first downs in that game for the Chiefs.

FAX

Two instances, one with 10 and one with 12. Both on the defensive side of the ball.

Agree that Muir mixed it up more. I wasn't able to accurately predict nearly every play (First down, Jones up the middle) as I have in recent weeks.

trndobrd
12-19-2011, 08:49 AM
I brought this up a couple weeks back. Since castle has been out there had been almost zero issues with getting a play in. Maybe once. Go chiefs probably has seen enough film to verify my claims.
I don't think that this issue was ever haleys "fault". I noticed that Palko at least was yelling at wrs to get set in the correct position. With that said, enjoy your inactive status from here on out tyler.
Now counting to 11 is another story altogether.

I recall a few instances of the play coming in slow for Palko too. He didn't yell and flap his arms like Cassel.

It was all Haley's fault if he couldn't develop and implement a system to get the play to the quarterback in a timely manner.

Fansy the Famous Bard
12-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I recall a few instances of the play coming in slow for Palko too. He didn't yell and flap his arms like Cassel.

It was all Haley's fault if he couldn't develop and implement a system to get the play to the quarterback in a timely manner.

It didn't help that he had a new OC every year he was here, and couldn't make up his mind on whether he wanted to call the plays or the OC.

When it's constantly changing... it's no wonder there were problems.

Earthling
12-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Two instances, one with 10 and one with 12. Both on the defensive side of the ball.

Agree that Muir mixed it up more. I wasn't able to accurately predict nearly every play (First down, Jones up the middle) as I have in recent weeks.

Actually there was another issue with it when the Chiefs were penalized for 12 men on the field. When it happened again the Chiefs were able to get the TO called before the snap. So there was at least 3 times the correct number of personel was an issue.

Dexter Manley
12-19-2011, 08:55 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

3 times...

What a disaster yesterday must've been...

loochy
12-19-2011, 08:56 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!

3 times...

What a disaster yesterday must've been...

Yeah, it wasn't that big of a thing yesterday...it seemed miniscule in comparison to past games

trndobrd
12-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Actually there was another issue with it when the Chiefs were penalized for 12 men on the field. When it happened again the Chiefs were able to get the TO called before the snap. So there was at least 3 times the correct number of personel was an issue.

Was the third time also on defense?

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 09:31 AM

And after they came back from the timeout, they only had TEN men on the field.

htismaqe
12-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Yeah, it wasn't that big of a thing yesterday...it seemed miniscule in comparison to past games

Because we won.

Other than that, there's zero difference. The HC was the defensive coordinator. Immediately upon being promoted, the defense starts having pre-snap communication issues.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Earthling
12-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Was the third time also on defense?

Pretty sure it was.

Earthling
12-19-2011, 09:39 AM
And after they came back from the timeout, they only had TEN men on the field.

I was thinking they used a TO once for ten men, once for 12 men and took a penalty for 12 men as well. Now I was celebrating more than usual during the game so.....;)

Okie_Apparition
12-19-2011, 11:08 AM
The 3rd was 1st of 2 long Packer FG attemps
11 on the line 1 back to catch a short kick