PDA

View Full Version : Football Dungy throws rumor speculators a juicy bone

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 04:59 PM
When asked if he's received any recent calls on job offers

Nearly every college or NFL team with an opening, has called about one thing or another

:fire:

loochy
12-20-2011, 05:00 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/huh.gif

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 05:04 PM
I bet Pioli called & made it sound about Manning
Only to want to know more about Caldwell

Dave Lane
12-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Caldwell for president. I SO want him for Chiefs Head Coach. He beat Tennessee this week.

/knee jerk reaction planet

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Caldwell takes away Clay's worry of Crennel's health
Caldwell has been dead for weeks & no one can tell

Sofa King
12-20-2011, 05:20 PM
I think Dungy is very overrated.

darkchief
12-20-2011, 05:26 PM
I would not like to see Dungy here.

dallaschiefsfan
12-20-2011, 05:44 PM
You must judge Dungy's body of work by looking at Tampa Bay. His time in Indy was more a product of Manning than Dungy's coaching.

12-20-2011, 05:48 PM

shit, he isn't even good enough to be overrated. He retired after that superbowl win because he knew he would never get anther one. He can put together good teams but can't coach them. Without Manning he never gets a superbowl and would forever be considered a below average coach.

Smed1065
12-20-2011, 05:52 PM
shit, he isn't even good enough to be overrated. He retired after that superbowl win because he knew he would never get anther one. He can put together good teams but can't coach them. Without Manning he never gets a superbowl and would forever be considered a below average coach.

This is the same for many coaches, if not for a great QB.

:hmmm:

12-20-2011, 05:56 PM
This is the same for many coaches, if not for a great QB.

:hmmm:

and yet Pioli loves him some Casshole.

12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Shit, bring in Brian Billick. The guy won a superbowl with Trent Fucking Dilfer.

Phobia
12-20-2011, 06:01 PM
You must judge Dungy's body of work by looking at Tampa Bay. His time in Indy was more a product of Manning than Dungy's coaching.

Really? Dungy's Buccs won a SuperBowl the year after he left the team. That's not the horrible indictment you intended, I think.

dallaschiefsfan
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Really? Dungy's Buccs won a SuperBowl the year after he left the team. That's not the horrible indictment you intended, I think.

Actually, it's exactly what I intended. Grudem did what Dungy could not. He's an impediment to winning the big game unless an elite QB overcomes his conservative tendencies. Coming from the same tree, he's simply a more accomplished Herm.

Phobia
12-20-2011, 06:07 PM
Actually, it's exactly what I intended. Grudem did what Dungy could not. He's an impediment to winning the big game unless an elite QB overcomes his conservative tendencies. Coming from the same tree, he's simply a more accomplished Herm.

I'm not a Gruden nor a Dungy fan by any stretch. Gruden deserves credit for taking that team to the ship. But Dungy built it. He deserves credit as well.

Okie_Apparition
12-20-2011, 06:08 PM
If Caldwell & his staff is getting canned & GM/HCs are calling to get info on assistants
They may as well dump Manning & start all fresh with Luck

tk13
12-20-2011, 06:09 PM
Bring in Dungy and Manning... we'll be on our way.

dallaschiefsfan
12-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm not a Gruden nor a Dungy fan by any stretch. Gruden deserves credit for taking that team to the ship. But Dungy built it. He deserves credit as well.

I wouldn't debate your last sentence. But we already have some of the key pieces. We don't need a builder. We need someone that will either make a 2nd/3rd tier QB better or someone that will do what it takes to draft us a QB that has the potential to be elite. The only coaches that seemingly did this at one time are Billick and Fischer. McNair was better than Dilfer...so I guess I'd prefer we take a look at Billick. I'm not a fan of the guy...but I think he might be the best of the options to get the job done.

tk13
12-20-2011, 06:18 PM
But seriously... he probably doesn't get enough credit for what he did in Tampa because everyone thinks of him with the Colts. Tampa had always been nothing but a joke before he took over. He almost took them to the Super Bowl with a rookie QB, led the 99 Rams in the 4th quarter and held them to 11 points. I understand the concerns about Fisher... but Marty and Fisher's record probably isn't as good as Dungy, dude coached 13 years, 11 playoff appearances, 1 losing season and 10+ wins ten times. That's pretty tough by any measure.

Psyko Tek
12-20-2011, 06:37 PM

if you are gonna go that way
gruden should get credit for building one team that made the bowl, and coaching another in the same bowl

I miss the chucky scowl on the sideline
but not on ours

12-20-2011, 06:41 PM
But seriously... he probably doesn't get enough credit for what he did in Tampa because everyone thinks of him with the Colts. Tampa had always been nothing but a joke before he took over. He almost took them to the Super Bowl with a rookie QB, led the 99 Rams in the 4th quarter and held them to 11 points. I understand the concerns about Fisher... but Marty and Fisher's record probably isn't as good as Dungy, dude coached 13 years, 11 playoff appearances, 1 losing season and 10+ wins ten times. That's pretty tough by any measure.

Thats the problem with most coaches though. Most can't change it up when it is necessary. We need coaching by committee these days. One to get you to the playoffs and another to get you to through the playoffs. Conservative coaches are great for the regular season because they are not as afraid of losing. Get them in the playoffs and they are scared to death of losing. Just play what got you there.

whoman69
12-20-2011, 07:07 PM
Thats the problem with most coaches though. Most can't change it up when it is necessary. We need coaching by committee these days. One to get you to the playoffs and another to get you to through the playoffs. Conservative coaches are great for the regular season because they are not as afraid of losing. Get them in the playoffs and they are scared to death of losing. Just play what got you there.

Is that Marty's obit?

Quesadilla Joe
12-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Shit, bring in Brian Billick. The guy won a superbowl with Trent ****ing Dilfer.

That was all luck. Billick has even said that the only reason his team was able to win the Super Bowl was because there were no franchise QB's in the NFL at the time (besides Favre). Elway, Aikman, Marino, Jim Kelly, and Steve Young were all retired.

Bane
12-20-2011, 07:36 PM
That was all luck. Billick has even said that the only reason his team was able to win the Super Bowl was because there were no franchise QB's in the NFL at the time (besides Favre). Elway, Aikman, Marino, Jim Kelly, and Steve Young were all retired.

Even the 2nd best defense is good enough to win a championship!

MahiMike
12-20-2011, 07:47 PM

This. The only coach in Indy I want is Manning.

ILChief
12-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Dungy - Manning = Herm

Chiefs Pantalones
12-20-2011, 09:21 PM
No thanks. Manning is the reason he has a ring.

Bane
12-20-2011, 09:39 PM

It would be cool just one time to see Chiefs fans want to go get our own HC and QB vs dumpster diving for other teams cast offs.

Phobia
12-20-2011, 10:31 PM
if you are gonna go that way
gruden should get credit for building one team that made the bowl, and coaching another in the same bowl

I think he does get credited with that. He deserves it. First time that has ever happened. That's why nobody else will hire him again. He already took 2 teams to the SuperBowl in one year and that will never happen again because 50 years of NFL history tells us so...

12-20-2011, 11:07 PM
Is that Marty's obit?

Nope. Can't be. It involves a superbowl ring.

Sofa King
12-20-2011, 11:11 PM
I think he does get credited with that. He deserves it. First time that has ever happened. That's why nobody else will hire him again. He already took 2 teams to the SuperBowl in one year and that will never happen again because 50 years of NFL history tells us so...

LMAO

Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:24 PM
First off, Pioli canned Herm so he has no interest in Herm Sr.

Secondly, if Tony Dungy is ever hired in any capacity for the Chiefs I'll be pissed since he's the most overrated coach of all time. A coach, who was once good, and then the NFL caught up and he refused to/was to stupid to adjust.

Not even the Bears run that shitty cover 2 much anymore...

FAX
12-20-2011, 11:46 PM
I was calling up the Hall and Oates hotline and had an idea ... or more like a question.

Why can't a team have co-head coaches? Like, say, two head coaches that share responsibility? You could have one head coach that was good at practice and preparing players and another one that was good on game day with timeouts and adjustments and stuff. Or, you could have one head coach who was good with offense and another one that was good at defense. Or, you could have one head coach that did all the yelling and another head coach that was nice to the players.

Why can't you do that?

FAX

Hootie
12-20-2011, 11:49 PM

no doubt in my mind Dungy was a great coach in TB...that Tampa 2 was fierce and something the NFL couldn't figure out...RIGHT AWAY...

but he never adapted...and his Tampa 2 held Indy back and his coaching style cost them championships...

plain and simple

Manning was dealt a shit hand and a large part of that hand was his shitty head coach

Phobia
12-20-2011, 11:52 PM
I was calling up the Hall and Oates hotline and had an idea ... or more like a question.

Why can't a team have co-head coaches? Like, say, two head coaches that share responsibility? You could have one head coach that was good at practice and preparing players and another one that was good on game day with timeouts and adjustments and stuff. Or, you could have one head coach who was good with offense and another one that was good at defense. Or, you could have one head coach that did all the yelling and another head coach that was nice to the players.

Why can't you do that?

FAX

50 years of NFL history, FAX. Don't you know anything?

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Short Leash Hootie LMAO

TimeForWasp
12-21-2011, 04:20 AM

Why can't you do that?

FAX

Good cop, bad cop coaching strategy.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2011, 05:18 AM

I think people are being way too tough on dungy. With a real qb, Tampa was a super bowl team. And while Manning brought the team to the playoffs, it was arguably Manning who lost many of those playoff games too.
The one big coaching mistake, however, that dingy never learned from was not resting his starters at the end of he season. Its not an option that excites me. But dungy dwarves a hell of a lot more credit than he gets.

chiefzilla1501
12-21-2011, 05:26 AM
no doubt in my mind Dungy was a great coach in TB...that Tampa 2 was fierce and something the NFL couldn't figure out...RIGHT AWAY...

but he never adapted...and his Tampa 2 held Indy back and his coaching style cost them championships...

plain and simple

Manning was dealt a shit hand and a large part of that hand was his shitty head coach

Polian once said that the teams strategy was to constantly rotate cheaper corners around because the entire cap was committed to the offense. The problem was that peyton couldn't beat the patriots and in most playoffs, he had a game where he was just completely off.

I do agree on the Tampa 2 however. After he left Tampa, kiffin ran a more blitz heavy Tampa 2. But we are assuming he wouldbrun the same defense here. He did, after all, get groomed under Marty which was more of a 3-4 type look.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 07:14 AM

If it not for Manning no one would be calling him.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 07:15 AM
Shit, bring in Brian Billick. The guy won a superbowl with Trent ****ing Dilfer.

I would rather have him than Dungy.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 07:18 AM

Why can't you do that?

FAX

Good question.

BoneKrusher
12-21-2011, 07:24 AM

i agree.

Dave Lane
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Well I for one could live with Chucky. Fisher uggghhh.

milkman
12-21-2011, 12:16 PM

plain and simple

While I agree that Dungy is overrated, the reason Manning was dealt a shitty hand is because his contract took up so much of the cap that the Colts never had the room under the cap to field a quality defense.

KCBOSS1
12-21-2011, 02:03 PM

Yeah, He only totally rebuilt the Tampa Bay Bucs completely for Gruden to come take all of the credit, then re-built the Colts as well.

I would absolutely love to have Dungy here.

not happening

Hootie
12-21-2011, 02:07 PM
Short Leash Hootie LMAO

I can barely breath.

Hootie
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
While I agree that Dungy is overrated, the reason Manning was dealt a shitty hand is because his contract took up so much of the cap that the Colts never had the room under the cap to field a quality defense.

I think 80% of a quality defense lies in the schemes...and they were trying to use a scheme that simply no longer worked...especially when it didn't have a Warren Sapp or Derrick Brooks.

whoman69
12-21-2011, 02:12 PM

Why can't you do that?

FAX

Good coach, bad coach. Its outside the box thinking. But much like Monty Python in the Holy Grail, it proved you can't have two directors.