View Full Version : Chiefs Going on the Record: Coach Preferences Revisited...

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I am re-hashing this subject because I want to see what the overall opinion is now that things have settled down.
It's been a weird week for Chiefs fans...
Head coach being fired, speculation, beating the shit out of the champs, etc.

Now that everything has settled down, where do you stand on the HC situation now?
Fisher?
Crennel?
Hiring an up-and-comer or a veteran HC?
Maybe bring in a good college coach?

Poll forthcoming.

Sofa King
12-21-2011, 10:50 AM
There's not really anyone I'm excited about out there. Fisher sucks, i definitely don't want him.

If Crennel shows up the next 2 games and the team looks good, I'd go with him.

EDIT: and Crennel is in the realm of coaches that Pioli would actually hire...

loochy
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM
I think Matt Cassel should become the player-coach.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 10:55 AM
I am on fence still. Crennel maybe if he can repeat what he did last week. I would rather they wait till they can really interview other coordinators.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Personally, I like Crennel. (Always have)
No one can coach the fucking Browns. I think he probably learned a lot from that job and can apply it here. He's conservative on offense and a great defensive guy.

Right now, I want to give him a 2 year deal and see how he does. That may change in the next 2 weeks if we get blown out by our two biggest rivals. I think he will probably beat the shit out of both of them, though.

kcmaxwell
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
I voted for Crennel, but that is contingent on who they bring in as coordinators. I f that means keeping cassel and bringing in mcdaniels, oh Hell no!

Coogs
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Too early to tell. If RAC throws out the same performance the next two weeks, then he is probably the clubhouse leader. We crap the bed Jets game style, then I am kind of leaning to a combination of RGIII and the OC from the Carolina Panthers.

Sofa King
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
This poll is flawed. The "wait til after the season" option is a cop-out. 50% will choose that and you'll never know what the **** they actually believe so it will skew the stats.

the poll should force them to actually make a choice.

EDIT: The Cop-out choice is already well over 50%.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 11:01 AM
This poll is flawed. The "wait til after the season" option is a cop-out. 50% will choose that and you'll never know what the **** they actually believe so it will skew the stats.

There's a reason for that...

I wanted to see how many people are already sold on Crennel and how many have a wait and see attitude.

I'm going to post the same thing next week to see if the numbers increase or decrease.

johnny961
12-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Crennel.

Sofa King
12-21-2011, 11:05 AM
There's a reason for that...

I wanted to see how many people are already sold on Crennel and how many have a wait and see attitude.

I'm going to post the same thing next week to see if the numbers increase or decrease.

Oh, you should have worded it as such. I chose Crennel because i think he'll do fine the next 2 games and should be the coach under those circumstances.

The obvious choice would be to wait until after the year, it's the only logical decision.

"I'm sold on Crennel now" wouldn't have gotten my vote.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh, you should have worded it as such. I chose Crennel because i think he'll do fine the next 2 games and should be the coach under those circumstances.

The obvious choice would be to wait until after the year, it's the only logical decision.

"I'm sold on Crennel now" wouldn't have gotten my vote.

Yes, but if I worded it that way then the thing would have been over to the what we originally thought it might be?

Bane
12-21-2011, 11:10 AM
Gotta go with Romeo myself.

TimeForWasp
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Before the Packers game I wanted a new coach. Now I'm open to see if it was a fluke till the end of the year.

Sofa King
12-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, but if I worded it that way then the thing would have been over to the what we originally thought it might be?

That was very cleverly worded if you were purposely trying to make it as confusing as possible.

Dayze
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
wait until the offseason.

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 11:13 AM
That was very cleverly worded if you were purposely trying to make it as confusing as possible.

I would, the whole thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm fairly certain that I will hate whoever Pioli hires, so the sooner he hires someone, the sooner I can start bitching.

bevischief
12-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm fairly certain that I will hate whoever Pioli hires, so the sooner he hires someone, the sooner I can start bitching.

We already knew that.

ReynardMuldrake
12-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Crennel is the best motivator, which is what this team needs right now. He wins by default.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 11:22 AM

Awesome. ROFL

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
the sooner I can start bitching.

I think you mean "the sooner I can continue bitching".

Lumpy
12-21-2011, 11:25 AM

That's a good one. LMAO

I voted for Crennel. It's obvious that he's motivated to keep the HC title and wants to pull the team out of the toilet. Regardless of whether we win another game this season, I really think he should be given a chance.

Coogs
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
FWIW, I saw Crennel on TV the other day, and he said he has an interview after the season is over. So nothing is goiing to happen until the season is over... whenever that may be.

milkman
12-21-2011, 11:42 AM
I think you mean "the sooner I can continue bitching".

I've been a fan of this team for the better part of 50 years.

I've earned the right to bitch.

If that's a problem, it's your problem, not mine.

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Kevin Harlan says indications are that it's Romeo's job to lose...

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I've been a fan of this team for the better part of 50 years.

I've earned the right to bitch.

If that's a problem, it's your problem, not mine.

You're old...

milkman
12-21-2011, 11:47 AM

Cool.

We can start compiling the list of potential 2014 GM candidates early!

FAX
12-21-2011, 11:48 AM
I voted for that "up and comer" thing.

I still believe with all my heart and all my soul and all my mind and all my scrotum that the ideal thing for the Chiefs is to bring in a youngish coach who can give the team an identity and stay with the organization for a good, long time.

Just wanted you guys to know that.

FAX

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM

Amazing how the media has no clue whatsoever. The day Haley was fired everyone was 100% certain it was McDaniels or Ferentz. Romeo wins 1 game and now everybody "knows" it's his job to lose.

FAX
12-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Amazing how the media has no clue whatsoever. The day Haley was fired everyone was 100% certain it was McDaniels or Ferentz. Romeo wins 1 game and now everybody "knows" it's his job to lose.

ROFL

The track record of the local experts leaves something to be desired, for sure.

FAX

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Harlan is a rah-rah guy when it comes to coaches/front offices. I value his insight on players a lot more because he spends more time talking to them.

King_Chief_Fan
12-21-2011, 12:23 PM
what do you think Pioli is thinking about this subject?

Gonzo
12-21-2011, 12:32 PM
what do you think Pioli is thinking about this subject?

"I gotta save face, I gotta save face. Fuck it, I'm calling Papa Parcells to see what he would do."

bevischief
12-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I voted for that "up and comer" thing.

I still believe with all my heart and all my soul and all my mind and all my scrotum that the ideal thing for the Chiefs is to bring in a youngish coach who can give the team an identity and stay with the organization for a good, long time.

Just wanted you guys to know that.

FAX

This is what I am leaning towards...

Caseyguyrr
12-21-2011, 12:37 PM
i think crennel is smart enough to know that Cassel obviously isnt the answer, never has been, never will be, but i think he can only be really successful if they hire the really good coordinators.

Okie_Apparition
12-21-2011, 12:41 PM
The standard has dropped to
any option that does not involve Josh McDaniels in it

Chiefnj2
12-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Romeo + = players like him and played hard for him. All around good gameplan for GB including watching film. Handled QB situation correctly. Candid and isn't into game playing with players and media. May have learned from mistakes in Cleveland.

Romeo - = Cleveland.

If he can manage a 3 game winning streak (irrelevant of what happens in Buffalo this weekend) and is willing to hire an aggressive OC, I'd be happy with Romeo.

Okie_Apparition
12-21-2011, 12:50 PM
The neatest thing about a 3 game win streak
No way in hell they bring back Cassel

htismaqe
12-21-2011, 01:08 PM
If he can manage a 3 game winning streak (irrelevant of what happens in Buffalo this weekend) and is willing to hire an aggressive OC, I'd be happy with Romeo.

Given the potential alternatives, I'd be alright with it too...

whoman69
12-21-2011, 01:54 PM

EDIT: The Cop-out choice is already well over 50%.

If you make a choice right now, its the wrong choice. We can't sign a coach with an interim in place. I think Crennel gets his chance to earn the job first. Let's say he pulls a rabbit out of his hat and the Chiefs win out or win the division. Should he be let go after that?