PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Kyle Orton is...THE ONE

Hammock Parties
12-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Where we go from there...is a choice I leave to you.

<iframe width="700" height="420" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RGEL3BmQVXE?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Extra Point
12-21-2011, 08:33 PM
More hype to dog-fuck our hopes for next season, leaving us RAC-less and Cassholed.

FD
12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Orton is garbage.

Deberg_1990
12-21-2011, 08:44 PM
GoTurd, you need to find yourself a girl mate.

58-4ever
12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Orton could be very good short term bandaid.

arrowheadnation
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Neo
Harry Potter
Lebron James

Kyle Orton....doesn't fit with the other "Chosen Ones"

bevischief
12-21-2011, 08:50 PM
wtf?

J Diddy
12-21-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm here to tell you. You draft prognosticators always looking for the bbd. I'm not saying Orton is the "one." He's played one game and in that game he fit the mould. If he plays the next 2 like he did the last then we'd be stupid to keep Matt and let him go. So stupid that I think it would bring bitter gannon memories back.

wazu
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I call Kyle Orton: Rich Gannon, PART TWO!!!!

whoman69
12-21-2011, 08:58 PM
the one what?

12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Should have stuck with the Matrix score that kicks in after the Neo call. Just felt like it would have fit.

hometeam
12-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I call Kyle Orton: Rich Gannon, PART TWO!!!!

He will win league MVP and lead a team to the superbowl? (again)

Hammock Parties
12-21-2011, 09:05 PM
Should have stuck with the Matrix score that kicks in after the Neo call. Just felt like it would have fit.

It's garbage noise.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
GoTurd, you need to find yourself a girl mate.

What good is a booty call if you're....unable to fuck.

http://allworknoplaynogood.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/NEO.png

MahiMike
12-21-2011, 09:14 PM
My signature says it all...

Rasputin
12-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I hate to do this.

I don't want to.

But here is a perspective on Kyle Orton from the enemy before the switch to TT.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SOYHcYNqA0E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what you want?

:facepalm:

**** you broncos for cutting Kyle Orton. I think Horseface did it to sabatage Chiefs from wanting to draft a QBotf. The timing was perfect for him to cut Kyle Orton with the Casshole "hand injury" knowing Chiefs wouldn't pass up an opportunity to a retread. He took the odds from the other teams passing him in wavers but now this is what we get. I hope you True Fans are happy. Kyle Orton will do just fine a game and turn around and throw ducks the next. He will give us the good, the bad and the FUGLY.

**** you donkos I ****ing hate you.

QuikSsurfer
12-21-2011, 09:17 PM
It's garbage noise.

:: pssshhh:: Dead to me :: pssshhh:: over :: pssshh::

12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
It's garbage noise.

Well, we definitely disagree on that. :harumph:

FAX
12-21-2011, 09:27 PM
That play at 1:48 is awesome.

It's almost as though #56 came through a back door.

FAX

JoeyChuckles
12-21-2011, 09:33 PM
Well done sir, well done.

petegz28
12-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I hate to do this.

I don't want to.

But here is a perspective on Kyle Orton from the enemy before the switch to TT.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SOYHcYNqA0E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is what you want?

:facepalm:

**** you broncos for cutting Kyle Orton. I think Horseface did it to sabatage Chiefs from wanting to draft a QBotf. The timing was perfect for him to cut Kyle Orton with the Casshole "hand injury" knowing Chiefs wouldn't pass up an opportunity to a retread. He took the odds from the other teams passing him in wavers but now this is what we get. I hope you True Fans are happy. Kyle Orton will do just fine a game and turn around and throw ducks the next. He will give us the good, the bad and the FUGLY.

**** you donkos I ****ing hate you.

This guy is in for some sad moments in the future. Tebow will not ever be able to be the elite teams until he can become a better passer.

MahiMike
12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I just watched the NFL replay. Orton is 3" taller than Rodgers! wow.

kcxiv
12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Good shit. Imma just ride this wave and see where it ends up. It beats being negative. already had to do that way to much with this fucking football team.

Rasputin
12-21-2011, 10:00 PM
This guy is in for some sad moments in the future. Tebow will not ever be able to be the elite teams until he can become a better passer.

I don't give a shit about tebow. fuck him and fuck the donkos. My concern is what we get in Kyle Orton. He can play fine, but can he be consistent enough throughout the season and play above his level in the playoffs? He is yet another retread QB that for what ever reason is killing the Chiefs from any thing greater than what Joe freaking Montana gave us in 1993. I didn't want Joe Montana I wanted to draft and play a rookie QB just for the hope of obtaining a long term franchise QB that can get the job done week in week out, year in year out, that the team can count on. That must be too much to ask?

I know the risk. I know the reward could be so much more greater than we can or I can imagine if we ever follow through with this dream.

I've held on to this dream and I can only hope that some day the Chiefs can grow a set of testicals to get the job done. It's not rocket science to figure out that young QBs picked can get better with due diligence and good coaching. Have a team grow with the QB & finding the pieces to fit the QB instead of finding the QB that fits the team. That's where it all starts the Egg came before the Chicken.

The Bad Guy
12-21-2011, 10:05 PM
The way he looked off Pope was great. Cassel never looked off a receiver all year.

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Knowmo told us this

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2011, 10:09 PM

LOL Yeah, Rodgers is 6'2

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2011, 10:32 PM
My signature says it all...

If getting to the SB is the promised land, than what is winning it? I always thought the promised land is what lies beyond the walls that only the SB victors can cross into.

If the promised land is just the SB, than doesn't that mean two teams reach it every year? I would love to get to a SB, but not just to get our ass kicked by the Bucs.

hometeam
12-21-2011, 10:34 PM
I don't give a shit about tebow. **** him and **** the donkos. My concern is what we get in Kyle Orton. He can play fine, but can he be consistent enough throughout the season and play above his level in the playoffs? He is yet another retread QB that for what ever reason is killing the Chiefs from any thing greater than what Joe freaking Montana gave us in 1993. I didn't want Joe Montana I wanted to draft and play a rookie QB just for the hope of obtaining a long term franchise QB that can get the job done week in week out, year in year out, that the team can count on. That must be too much to ask?

I know the risk. I know the reward could be so much more greater than we can or I can imagine if we ever follow through with this dream.

I've held on to this dream and I can only hope that some day the Chiefs can grow a set of testicals to get the job done. It's not rocket science to figure out that young QBs picked can get better with due diligence and good coaching. Have a team grow with the QB & finding the pieces to fit the QB instead of finding the QB that fits the team. That's where it all starts the Egg came before the Chicken.

Orton is the best QB we have had since Green, so why are you surprised at the fanbase reaction to this? Like always, its a frenzy that will pass and in the long run I dont think there is any way it could turn out worse than if we had not picked him up and entered the offseason with only our previous QBs.

petegz28
12-21-2011, 10:35 PM
I don't give a shit about tebow. **** him and **** the donkos. My concern is what we get in Kyle Orton. He can play fine, but can he be consistent enough throughout the season and play above his level in the playoffs? He is yet another retread QB that for what ever reason is killing the Chiefs from any thing greater than what Joe freaking Montana gave us in 1993. I didn't want Joe Montana I wanted to draft and play a rookie QB just for the hope of obtaining a long term franchise QB that can get the job done week in week out, year in year out, that the team can count on. That must be too much to ask?

Ok, let me preface this by saying that Orton is no Montana but fuck, dude....Montana took us one game away from the SB.

BillSelfsTrophycase
12-21-2011, 10:39 PM
There is no spoon

Extra Point
12-21-2011, 10:43 PM
Crennell is leaving the gambling on the field, not on the sideline. Cassel can't look off a crackwhore. He is done!

Clark Hunt can sell more season tickets, by youtube-ing the burning of the #7 jersey at 1 Arrowhead Drive, than any other promotion.

Rasputin
12-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Orton is the best QB we have had since Green, so why are you surprised at the fanbase reaction to this? Like always, its a frenzy that will pass and in the long run I dont think there is any way it could turn out worse than if we had not picked him up and entered the offseason with only our previous QBs.

Well that is just a sad case for a fanbase. I've known this about it for a long time, nothing surprises me either. They finally acted as if they were fed up with it for Carl Peterson rule had to end. Now they eat every word Pioli makes because he is the new guy with rings on his fat fingers. Pioli has a strike against him with the Haley failure, he won't get much more opportunity if he fails again. Chiefs fans are longing and have waited too long to wait for the Super Bowl to come. So they accept a retread QB so they don't have to endure the struggle & mistakes it takes for the rookie to take head of the offense. However a retread QB for Chiefs average 2.5 years then is replaced and instead of drafting a QB for the future settles for yet another retread for the reason of not having to endure what it takes for a young QB making mistakes to grow and take head over the offense for long term success. Chiefs fans are scared of a rookie QB that he may turn out to be Todd Blackledge & we will see the same outcome over and over again with fail retread QB until we brake the curse by sucking up and actually playing a rookie QB. Or we will continue to do what has not worked to bring us Super Bowl glory for bringing in retread after retread QB.

If for once Chiefs fans take a stand against retread medeocracy in the first place, we can move on with a draft pick QB. Play him early in his career so that he has a chance to grow and the team can gain confidence in him that he will be here for years to come giving Chiefs best opportunity for success at winning a Got damn Super Bowl. I know damn well there is a risk but a risk is better than proven fail from doing the same damn thing over and over.

otherstar
12-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Well that is just a sad case for a fanbase. I've known this about it for a long time, nothing surprises me either. They finally acted as if they were fed up with it for Carl Peterson rule had to end. Now they eat every word Pioli makes becouse he is the new guy with rings on his fat fingers. Pioli has a strike against him with the Haley failure, he won't get much more opportunity if he fails again. Chiefs fans are longing and have waited too long to wait for the Super Bowl to come. So they accept a retread QB so they don't have to endure the struggle & mistakes it takes for the rookie to take head of the offense. However a retread QB for Chiefs average 2.5 years then is replaced and instead of drafting a QB for the future settles for yet another retread for the reason of not having to endure what it takes for a young QB making mistakes to grow and take head over the offense for long term success. Chiefs fans are scared of a rookie QB that he may turn out to be Todd Blackledge & we will see the same outcome over and over again with fail retread QB until we brake the curse by sucking up and actually playing a rookie QB. Or we will continue to do what has not worked to bring us Super Bowl glory for bringing in retread after retread QB.

If for once Chiefs fans take a stand against retread medeocracy in the first place, we can move on with a draft pick QB. Play him early in his career so that he has a chance to grow and the team can gain confidence in him that he will be here for years to come giving Chiefs best opportunity for success at winning a Got damn Super Bowl. I know damn well there is a risk but a risk is greater than proven fail from doing the same damn thing over and over.

Have the Chiefs EVER had a franchise QB that wasn't a retread in some way or another? Even Lenny was a re-tread...technically.

tredadda
12-21-2011, 11:03 PM
We scored 19 points against the worst defense in football. I have no fear that the man love for Orton will die down once we start playing better defenses.

hometeam
12-21-2011, 11:07 PM
I agree that we need to draft a QB, but again, givin the circumstance at hand, I dont think it will end up any worse than the way it was going. If no Orton, then Cassel stays for sure, and you are in the same exact situation, except without a decent QB, or, (in the case Orton leaves) a conselation prize compensation pick~

Rasputin
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Have the Chiefs EVER had a franchise QB that wasn't a retread in some way or another? Even Lenny was a re-tread...technically.

This is true, Lenny was drafted by the Steelers.

It still hasn't worked in 40 years. So imo it's time to do something else and go with it. We are not going to go back to the Super Bowl anytime sooner with more retread QBs to follow.

NJChiefsFan
12-21-2011, 11:13 PM
We scored 19 points against the worst defense in football. I have no fear that the man love for Orton will die down once we start playing better defenses.

I agree. I will say in Kyle's defense that the play calling in the redzone did him zero favors in putting up more points.

Rasputin
12-21-2011, 11:15 PM
I agree. I will say in Kyle's defense that the play calling in the redzone did him zero favors in putting up more points.

Yet that is the what the donko fans complained about Orton in the Redzone. Not producing points.

Denny
12-21-2011, 11:27 PM
Before Sunday's game, Aaron Rodgers challenged Kyle Orton that he had more testicles than KO.

Kyle beat him by 5 testicles...

Fritz88
12-22-2011, 05:10 AM
The dubbing was probably the best you've done.

"I am going to show you a world without you"

Fits in perfectly.

spanky 52
12-22-2011, 05:46 AM
Good shit. Imma just ride this wave and see where it ends up. It beats being negative. already had to do that way to much with this ****ing football team.

Me too. This is a brazillian times better than with Cassel.

Gary
12-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Orton is an upgrade in that he can actually read a defensive secondary, can look off defenders & find the open man without crapping his pants first, & can actually throw more than 8-11 yds downfield with accuracy. I think he will be the starter to begin next season, but we HAVE to draft a QB to cultivate into our long term starter.

Denny
12-22-2011, 06:48 AM
Yet that is the what the donko fans complained about Orton in the Redzone. Not producing points.
His first game with a new team that has a new HC. With one week's worth of practice. Recovering from a dislocated finger on his throwing hand.

The gameplan against The Packers is to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field as much as possible. Orton runs the Offense to perfection, repeatedly driving downfield in long, sustained possessions without a single turnover. Which wins the ToP in a very lop-sided manner, keeping Rodgers off the field and allowing the Defense to rest enough that they can fly @ Rodgers whenever he is on the field, shutting down Green Bay's high-flying Offense for the first time in a year-and-a-half.

But you need TD throws as well?

I guess that's not asking TOO much...

dannybcaitlyn
12-22-2011, 07:04 AM
The way he looked off Pope was great. Cassel never looked off a receiver all year.

That was awesome. I kept thinking about the plays when cassel was playing and him missing a wide open Baldwin a few times, just to dump off to running back.

threebag
12-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Discount double check

BoneKrusher
12-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Good shit. Imma just ride this wave and see where it ends up. It beats being negative. already had to do that way to much with this ****ing football team.

This^

htismaqe
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM

That's where I'm at too. Of course, it will all come crashing down when they lose to Oakland on Saturday. ROFL

htismaqe
12-22-2011, 09:23 AM

The idea that people here "love" Orton is WAY overblown.

Orton gives us ALL hope that Cassel is 100% done in KC. And for that, he deserves a medal...

MagicHef
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Walking off the field smiling after failing to convert a 3rd down in the red zone... That's the Kyle I know and love.

Reerun_KC
12-22-2011, 10:29 AM
video was cool if you listened to it on mute...

Reerun_KC
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Walking off the field smiling after failing to convert a 3rd down in the red zone... That's the Kyle I know and love.

QFT

Micjones
12-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Cool vid. The good folks at RTC do a great job.

Rasputin
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
His first game with a new team that has a new HC. With one week's worth of practice. Recovering from a dislocated finger on his throwing hand.

The gameplan against The Packers is to keep Aaron Rodgers off the field as much as possible. Orton runs the Offense to perfection, repeatedly driving downfield in long, sustained possessions without a single turnover. Which wins the ToP in a very lop-sided manner, keeping Rodgers off the field and allowing the Defense to rest enough that they can fly @ Rodgers whenever he is on the field, shutting down Green Bay's high-flying Offense for the first time in a year-and-a-half.

But you need TD throws as well?

I guess that's not asking TOO much...

TD > field goal

Oh I forgot this isn't the arena football league.

TimeForWasp
12-22-2011, 11:15 AM

I noticed that too. Bigger stature and I was surprised.

TimeForWasp
12-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Great video.

Agent V
12-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Great video, but I didn't understand the miami dolphins song being in there.

'72 Dolphins reference.

TimeForWasp
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
'72 Dolphins reference.

yeah It dawned on my is why I edited.

BoneKrusher
12-22-2011, 12:14 PM
The idea that people here "love" Orton is WAY overblown.

Orton gives us ALL hope that Cassel is 100% done in KC. And for that, he deserves a medal...

yeah,
Mark Castle has been KO'd. (Kyle Orton'd)

whoman69
12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
That's where I'm at too. Of course, it will all come crashing down when they lose to Oakland on Saturday. ROFL

Way to be positive.

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 01:00 PM
yeah,
Mark Castle has been KO'd. (Kyle Orton'd)

I like that.

bricks
12-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Kansas City is winning this game!

threebag
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Kansas City is winning this game!

I hope so the fucking douche nozzles and dick suckers on the board are lying in wait for Kyle Orton to do something wrong. Forget what he's already done right. Just pushing Matty boy out the door should place him on the ring of fame.

KC-TBB
12-22-2011, 01:31 PM
Castle for sale...will trade for BEEFY LINEMAN!

bricks
12-22-2011, 02:01 PM
I hope so the ****ing douche nozzles and dick suckers on the board are lying in wait for Kyle Orton to do something wrong. Forget what he's already done right. Just pushing Matty boy out the door should place him on the ring of fame.

Yup. It's always like that.

I think the Chiefs have the momentum. A win against the Packers is a HUGE confidence builder. The Raiders on the other hand, had a big let down last week.

You put those two together, and I have to lean towards the Chiefs for this game.

Don't get me wrong, both teams will play hard since playoff spots are on the line. I anticipate this game will be a close game.

I think both teams match up pretty good against each other, but the Chiefs have the better defense imo, and they are at home, Arrowhead will be rocking, this is the game where I think they are going to come out flying.

Plus, I think this game will be a lot to prove for both Crennel and Orton. Both guys will be motivated to perform and leave good impressions on the organization. Jobs are at stake here.

pr_capone
12-22-2011, 02:07 PM

That was his first full on week, he didnt take all the snaps with the 1st team in case he couldn't go, and just a few weeks ago his index finger got bent into a W.

I'll take 19 points. I don't think Orton is the QBotF... but he is certainly capable enough to be the QBotN(ow).

Frankie
12-22-2011, 02:14 PM
Orton played very well last week. But Orton has been known for being hot and cold. So long term?... I wouldn't want us to give him the keys. I know you are in a mini honeymoon with Orton right now, Clay. But I also know that you can put together a highlight reel of Matt Cassel that would make one certain that he'll be in the Hall of Fame one day.

All That said, if for the remaining two games Orton plays like he did last week, I wouldn't be too heart broken if we missed out on a QB in the first round this year. That also depends on what QBs are coming up for the 2013 draft.

And then, there's also Ricky Stanzi whom I like to be given a meaningful chance to show us what he's got.

Rasputin
12-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I remember how Damon Huard was the next greatest thing after we beat 9ers 41-0.

There were a few here iirc that Damon Huard could do no wrong.

bricks
12-22-2011, 02:23 PM

Kyle Orton is a heck of a lot better than Damon Huard. Come on man. He shouldn't even be involved in the discussion.

Frankie
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM

One was the very author of thread , wasn't it?

Rasputin
12-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Kyle Orton is a heck of a lot better than Damon Huard. Come on man. He shouldn't even be involved in the discussion.

Why not? A retread QB is a retread QB. I can see clearly that Orton is better than Huard & Cassel but I'm not going hold my breath that he is going to take us where we need & desire to go.

It's unbelievable to me that the expectations for him are so high here. He is capable of having outstanding games and he is also more than capable of blowing it as he isn't that consistant from game to game. The average QB for the Chiefs has been 2&a half years going back for 40 years. Mostly do to retread rehashed out QBs that were rejected by there drafted teams in the first place. Why should I expect any other results to this story from Orton? How many playoff wins have we had in the last 20 years from these rejects that the Chiefs consistantly profoundly put on the field?

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Why not? A retread QB is a retread QB. I can see clearly that Orton is better than Huard & Cassel but I'm not going hold my breath that he is going to take us where we need & desire to go.

It's unbelievable to me that the expectations for him are so high here. He is capable of having outstanding games and he is also more than capable of blowing it as he isn't that consistant from game to game. The average QB for the Chiefs has been 2&a half years going back for 40 years. Mostly do to retread rehashed out QBs that were rejected by there drafted teams in the first place. Why should I expect any other results to this story from Orton? How many playoff wins have we had in the last 20 years from these rejects that the Chiefs consistantly profoundly put on the field?

Before this Orton thing gets too far along...

Who here is thinking Orton is our next big thing and going to take us to the promised land? Because I don't recall seeing a single person say that. (they could have, and i might have missed it)

It seems most people are on board with the idea of keeping Orton, shipping Cassel down the road, and still drafting a QB (who would take us to the promised land, not Orton).. And that means Orton goes for 2 years and the rookie is the ready to go after that, or sooner if Orton stinks it up or the rookie looks amazing.

Rasputin
12-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Before this Orton thing gets too far along...

Who here is thinking Orton is our next big thing and going to take us to the promised land? Because I don't recall seeing a single person say that. (they could have, and i might have missed it)

It seems most people are on board with the idea of keeping Orton, shipping Cassel down the road, and still drafting a QB (who would take us to the promised land, not Orton).. And that means Orton goes for 2 years and the rookie is the ready to go after that, or sooner if Orton stinks it up or the rookie looks amazing.

Well I'm hoping for the sooner because I can't stand the thought of yet another reject QB running this team to a playoff disaster. This has been my biggest pet peave of this team for two decades. I don't want to wait for a draft pick QB to start for this team. The sooner he plays and pops his vergin cherry, the sooner we can move on for more sustained satisfaction.

Denny
12-22-2011, 03:29 PM
[/B]

Well I'm hoping for the sooner because I can't stand the thought of yet another reject QB running this team to a playoff disaster. This has been my biggest pet peave of this team for two decades. I don't want to wait for a draft pick QB to start for this team. The sooner he plays and pops his vergin cherry, the sooner we can move on for more sustained satisfaction.
You do realize that KC still has a mathematical chance of winning the division, right?

Romeo Crennel wants to be a Head Coach again. He's being given an extended audition right now to prove he can do the job. RC is going to do everything within his power to win the next 2 games because that is what gives him the best chance of removing the word "interim" from his job title. Stealing the AFC West title would just about guarantee that.

The Chiefs aren't going to be high enough in the draft to grab either Luck or Barkley. Every QB after those two are a huge crapshoot. Crennel has already given Orton conditional approval as his candidate for starter next season.

To me, it doesn't look like KC will be drafting a QB - at least not in the higher rounds. Maybe not even in the later rounds since they already have Stanzi.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that the Chiefs should draft a QB in the first round. But to many, it looks unlikely.

bricks
12-22-2011, 03:33 PM

Thats fine. Thats your opinion. But, can he improve? Thats the question. Imo, he has definately shown he has the skillset to play the position. AND, this is the best team he has been on.

I think many are just content with the fact that he proved to be better than anybody the Chiefs got right now. And to be honest with you bro, its a bit of a breath of fresh air. I couldn't stand watching Cassel and all the other scraps. So Im going to try and enjoy it. And I think that a lot of people are hopeful that he turns out to be a good quarterback.

Sometimes retread QB's turn out to blossom. Its rare though. But, it can happen. Not saying it'll be Orton, but, you never know? Look at the past and you see guys like Jim Plunkett and Rich Gannon who were both drafted by the Patriots and they ended up blossoming later on in their careers. My point is, I don't think one should exclude the rare possiblities.

I honestly believe that the Chiefs playoff losses over the last 20 years weren't all because of bad QB play. Other factors are involved as well. i.e., if you take the '95 playoff game against the Colts, yeah Bono was bad, but if the kicker that shall go unnamed makes 3 FG's in that game, Chiefs win. Simple.

i.e., 2003 loss to the Colts. Great offense. Green was executing that day, but, the defense had no answer for Manning.

2007 playoff game against the Colts was different. The Chiefs offense couldn't get a first down till like what? the 2nd half. And im not going to fault Trent for that game. The play calling was horrible. All the Chiefs were trying to do was run up the middle and the Colts were ready for it. Plus, receivers were dropping passes.

*All of this goes to prove that football is a team game. Yeah the QB contributes. But, the team has to click on all cylinders. And that hasn't been the case for the Chiefs in a lot of their playoff losses. Romeo is right. Teams win. He knows what he is talking about. At least we have a coach that gets it.

Chris Meck
12-22-2011, 03:35 PM
It does, in fact, look less than likely. Possibly the move down, get one later in the first, or nab one in the 2nd, depending on how it shakes out.

RG3 will be gone. None of the rest really look like sure-fire guys. RG3 I'm not even really sold on but haven't seen much of his play.

Beef Supreme
12-22-2011, 03:36 PM
With Barkley staying in school our chances at drafting a qb in the first round have been further reduced. If we can't get a top prospect, I don't see a reason to reach for one.

Does that kinda suck? Yes. But reaching for a qb just to take one is stupid. Sign Orton and draft a qb in the later rounds and see how he and/or Stanzi develop. Take care of other positions of need early.

kysirsoze
12-22-2011, 03:39 PM
This is probably the best video you've ever made, GoChiefs. Hilarious.

Fire Me Boy!
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Me too. This is a brazillian times better than with Cassel.

Is that like a regular Cassel, except waxed down to a little strip?

tredadda
12-22-2011, 04:35 PM
You do realize that KC still has a mathematical chance of winning the division, right?Romeo Crennel wants to be a Head Coach again. He's being given an extended audition right now to prove he can do the job. RC is going to do everything within his power to win the next 2 games because that is what gives him the best chance of removing the word "interim" from his job title. Stealing the AFC West title would just about guarantee that.

The Chiefs aren't going to be high enough in the draft to grab either Luck or Barkley. Every QB after those two are a huge crapshoot. Crennel has already given Orton conditional approval as his candidate for starter next season.

To me, it doesn't look like KC will be drafting a QB - at least not in the higher rounds. Maybe not even in the later rounds since they already have Stanzi.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion that the Chiefs should draft a QB in the first round. But to many, it looks unlikely.

Clark is that really you? When did you find the time to grace us with your words of wisdom?

Hammock Parties
12-22-2011, 04:58 PM
This is probably the best video you've ever made, GoChiefs. Hilarious.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2ekt9wl.jpg

Demonpenz
12-22-2011, 05:00 PM
Can't Wait to see this. Good job

boogblaster
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
kool ......

Frankie
12-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Is Orton part American Indian? Just curious. He seems to have the facial features to make one think so.

Demonpenz
12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
good work

Denny
12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
Clark is that really you? When did you find the time to grace us with your words of wisdom?
There's only a 2 game spread between 1st & the basement in the AFC West. It's still anyone's to take. I can't believe that a Chief's fan would willingly concede the division to Denver while it was still possible to deny it yo them...

htismaqe
12-22-2011, 07:56 PM
Yup. It's always like that.

I think the Chiefs have the momentum. A win against the Packers is a HUGE confidence builder. The Raiders on the other hand, had a big let down last week.

You put those two together, and I have to lean towards the Chiefs for this game.

Don't get me wrong, both teams will play hard since playoff spots are on the line. I anticipate this game will be a close game.

I think both teams match up pretty good against each other, but the Chiefs have the better defense imo, and they are at home, Arrowhead will be rocking, this is the game where I think they are going to come out flying.

Plus, I think this game will be a lot to prove for both Crennel and Orton. Both guys will be motivated to perform and leave good impressions on the organization. Jobs are at stake here.

I absolutely agree with you. Which is why they'll probably end up losing. :(

Terribilis
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Is Orton part American Indian? Just curious. He seems to have the facial features to make one think so.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

Frankie
12-22-2011, 10:58 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

No it's not. That's awareness + curiosity. :rolleyes:

Frankie
12-22-2011, 11:01 PM
BTW, Clay, is this the clip for which you were asking the for a cinema voice among the posters?

Hammock Parties
12-22-2011, 11:11 PM
BTW, Clay, is this the clip for which you were asking the for a cinema voice among the posters?

No, that was ages ago. Beardmaster I.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
For once I agree with you Clayton, I believe Orton can be the man and is propably twice the qb that cassell ever will be. I am not even judging this on the Packer game. This guy is in his prime, has tons of experience and would get to play the Broncos twice a year. Cut cassell Palko /sign Orton and keep Stansi. Why people cant see Orton as our quarteback of the future is beyond me.

For the 2009 season (playing in 16 games with 15 starts), Orton threw 21 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions with an 86.8 QB rating.
[edit] 2010

Orton was named the Broncos starting quarterback for 2010. He signed a one-year contract extension (through the 2011 season), on August 19, 2010. On September 26, 2010, Orton threw for 476 yards against the Indianapolis Colts, a career-high. Less than two months later, November 14, Orton threw a career-high four touchdown passes against the Kansas City Chiefs. Later in the season, Orton suffered an injury against the Kansas City Chiefs, and Tim Tebow played the last three games of the season.[22] Orton finished the season with 3,653 yards, 20 touchdowns, and nine interceptions.

I say you can throw 2011 stats out the window.
2011 Tebow mania struck and Orton was booed in almost every game he played because his name wasnt Tebow. Also the Broncos tried unsucessfully to trade orton at the beginning of the year. He had absolutely no support from his home team and their fans.

morphius
12-22-2011, 11:46 PM
It is so sad that our expectations at QB are so low. Of course I could see how a few weeks of watching Palko could do that to a person.

12-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Swami sez Raiders 23 Chiefs 20.

bastard

L.A. Chieffan
12-23-2011, 02:32 AM
Orton kinda looks like Mac from sunny

NJChiefsFan
12-23-2011, 02:51 AM
It is so sad that our expectations at QB are so low. Of course I could see how a few weeks of watching Palko could do that to a person.

Chief fan after Chief fan after Chief fan pick their QBs we can go with by comparing them to the most recent Chiefs failure. Its such an ass backwards way of judging that it blows my mind.

Orton is better than Cassel so lets go with him. How about judging him with real QBs?

kcxiv
12-23-2011, 02:57 AM

Shit, 21-28 for 299 no int's. Usually its 17 for 35 for 128 yards. We actually completed passes longer then 15 yards that weren't out routes. How many times in the last 2 years have we tried to run a screen only for it too look like they had no idea what the **** they were doing. Last game, we ran screens like a real nfl ****ing team. I havent seen the offense like that since Trent Green was qb'ing.

I was in disbelief that whole game. I know Orton isnt "the one" but he did show us what its like to have a competent qb. One that can make plays. We have been so used of just dont **** it up qb.

htismaqe
12-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Chief fan after Chief fan after Chief fan pick their QBs we can go with by comparing them to the most recent Chiefs failure. Its such an ass backwards way of judging that it blows my mind.

Orton is better than Cassel so lets go with him. How about judging him with real QBs?

We're not ever going to get a real QB so why bother?

Deberg_1990
12-29-2014, 08:32 PM
How many times is this guy going to retire??

http://deadspin.com/kyle-orton-slinks-into-retirement-1676052819
Posted via Mobile Device

ODESSABRONC
12-29-2014, 09:13 PM
I think it's a ploy to get more money.

stevieray
12-29-2014, 09:17 PM
...another QB HR for Mr.Cheifsplanet.

Iconic
12-29-2014, 09:21 PM
How many times is this guy going to retire??

http://deadspin.com/kyle-orton-slinks-into-retirement-1676052819
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol the Brett Farve of second string QBs

pr_capone
12-30-2014, 03:49 AM
...another QB HR for Mr.Cheifsplanet.

Orton was the best QB on a Chiefs roster since Trent retired.