PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The next QBotF?

Frankie
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Some posts in the Clay's thread "Kyle Orton is...THE ONE" made me think of this. So here goes:

- If Orton exhibits the same prowess as in the Packers game, chances are that the chiefs will sign him to a (say) two year contract.

- Where we end up in the draft will take us totally out of the Luck, Barkley, and possibly even RG3 competition.

- As possible QBsotF we will probably have Ricky Stanzi and some guy who we will draft in the 3rd round at best.

This discussion is about that "some guy." the following is a scale, for young QBs, for this thread:

A- Young QBs ready to be given the keys to the team. Luck and Barkley.

B- Young QBs who WILL almost definitely be ready to take the keys from Orton after two years. They have near Luck/Barkley potential which two years of learning will realize. RG3? Landry Jones?

C- Young QB who COULD very well be like B in two years if given a chance to develop, but no guarantees. I put Ricky Stanzi in this category.

D- The QBs who will be drafted, and one might turn out a fluke discovery in the NFL. But nothing in their current resume screams Kurt Warner.

F- (of course)The QBs who are done with Football when their college eligibility runs out. Even if they sign up to a team they'll be camp fodder at best.

So all you draft experts in the CP land, since we have no chance at A who are some of the Bs and Cs you are excited about?

Should we get excited about someone like Ryan Tannehill? If so, in what category would you put him?

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Barkley is out anyways. There's a thread that says he's staying at USC. Been on the top of the lounge for a couple hours now.

EDIT: Mid-air

whoman69
12-22-2011, 04:04 PM
I doubt we have any chance at a B with Barkely shortening the draft talent this year. Two scenarios I can see if our draft status does not move too far down:

Trading Bowe to the Rams to get RG3
Trading Cassel to the Browns to get Jones

Frankie
12-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Barkley is out anyways. There's a thread that says he's staying at USC. Been on the top for a couple hours now.

Didn't see it. But it's moot anyway to this topic.

Sofa King
12-22-2011, 04:05 PM
I doubt we have any chance at a B with Barkely shortening the draft talent this year. Two scenarios I can see if our draft status does not move too far down:

Why would they do that?

Frankie
12-22-2011, 04:06 PM

I'm all against the former and all for the latter.

Three7s
12-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I'm all against the former and all for the latter.
But wouldn't we be getting back Cassel? Jones is like a mere image of him.

Frankie
12-22-2011, 04:28 PM
But wouldn't we be getting back Cassel? Jones is like a mere image of him.

No proof of that potential. But we have absolute proof that Cassel is Cassel.

threebag
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
No to Jones.

Gadzooks
12-22-2011, 05:43 PM

LMAO

Okie_Apparition
12-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Pioli's going courting & we getting fucked
un ha

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Stanzi /Pioli

Psyko Tek
12-22-2011, 05:56 PM

I would trade cassel for a happy meal and a warm six pack of bud

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Stanzi /Pioli

As of now, yep especially if KC wins out.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2011, 06:15 PM
As of now, yep especially if KC wins out.

This has been my position all season.

I do not see Scott giving up future high draft picks to acquire a QB.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 06:18 PM
This has been my position all season.

I do not see Scott giving up future high draft picks to acquire a QB.

I agree, but I can see Clark giving an Executive Order to get a 1st round QB that would force Pioli to trade for one.

whoman69
12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
I agree, but I can see Clark giving an Executive Order to get a 1st round QB that would force Pioli to trade for one.

I can imagine Pioli in that situation staying put and overpaying for a QB while telling Hunt he is a first round QB. You think Hunt really knows the difference?

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 06:46 PM
I can imagine Pioli in that situation staying put and overpaying for a QB while telling Hunt he is a first round QB. You think Hunt really knows the difference?

We'll see if it happens either way.

Frankie
12-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Any feedback about Tannehill? Or whoever else?

Mr_Tomahawk
12-22-2011, 10:56 PM

If we ended up drafting around 20 I would go for Tannehill knowing Pioli wont trade up for a qb...

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 10:58 PM

I like the kid he has size, mobility,a good arm, and was nails under pressure in the K-State game.

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM

Sure.

He's not worth spending a 1st rd pick on.

Frankie
12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
If we ended up drafting around 20 I would go for Tannehill knowing Pioli wont trade up for a qb...

I like the kid he has size, mobility,a good arm, and was nails under pressure in the K-State game.

Sure.

He's not worth spending a 1st rd pick on.

Where in the scale that I put up would you place him?

Also, can you suggest any other QB not named Andrew Luck or RG3?

BigMeatballDave
12-22-2011, 11:11 PM

Foles, Tannehill, or Landry would be fine after the 1st rd.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 11:11 PM

if put in the right situation like Dalton, he'd be solid QB his first season with potential to be a franchise QB 2 years down the road.

Okie_Apparition
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
Dilfer on Audibles guessed Foles would move up in the top 15 now

Frankie
12-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Foles, Tannehill, or Landry would be fine after the 1st rd.

Right now I'm thinking Tannehill for the Chiefs among realistic possibilities. But that can change after the Bowl games and before the draft.

Tribal Warfare
12-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Dilfer on Audibles guessed Foles would move up in the top 15 now

He did look good during as Junior, but his play dropped this year which could be due to the shit talent that was on his team.

Okie_Apparition
12-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Dilfer talked like he's trying to get into the draft speculating business
Maybe he already is

Frankie
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
B- Young QBs who WILL almost definitely be ready to take the keys from Orton after two years. They have near Luck/Barkley potential which two years of learning will realize. RG3? Landry Jones?

C- Young QB who COULD very well be like B in two years if given a chance to develop, but no guarantees. I put Ricky Stanzi in this category.

Right now I'm thinking Tannehill for the Chiefs among realistic possibilities. But that can change after the Bowl games and before the draft.Sounds like B or C. But closer to which, IYO?