PDA

View Full Version : News An end to the dentist's drill: New painless cavity filler could be on the market in t

bevischief
12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2077816/Scared-dentist-New-painless-cavity-drill-market-years.html

An end to the dentist's drill: New painless cavity filler could be on the market in two years

By Hugo Gye

Last updated at 2:10 PM on 23rd December 2011

Comments (21)

There could yet be hope for those who live in fear of getting a filling, as a new painless cavity drill is set to hit dentists' surgeries.

The hi-tech 'plasma brush' can hollow out rotten teeth in just 30 seconds, with only a slight cooling sensation for the patient.

It uses chemical reactions to disinfect cavities before operations, and forms a bond on the tooth which is much stronger than current techniques.

This means that fillings will much last longer than before, a huge boost for dentists and patients as currently many stay in place for just a few years.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2077816/Scared-dentist-New-painless-cavity-drill-market-years.html#ixzz1hNo30C00

talastan
12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Hope this gains some traction. I wonder if it would make a dentist's visit more expensive though? :hmmm:

Pants
12-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Hope this gains some traction. I wonder if it would make a dentist's visit more expensive though? :hmmm:

They could make it a choice I would be willing to pay more for that service (even though it looks like it would take less of dentist's time and be easier to perform).

Bump
12-23-2011, 12:26 PM
and the use of this tool will cost about $50 g's

Rain Man
12-23-2011, 12:59 PM
If fillings no longer need to be replaced this will be like the 70 mpg carburetor. They're going to find the inventor weighted down in a lake somewhere with no teeth.

Mr. Plow
12-23-2011, 01:01 PM
To bad the world is ending next year.

Stewie
12-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Fillings are a piece of cake. Where's the root canal and prep for a crown answer?

Phobia
12-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I've been waiting for this my whole life. But I don't think this molar is gonna hold out another 2 years...

Rain Man
12-23-2011, 02:43 PM
It turns out that you don't even have to hold your mouth open. They can enter through your rectum.

Sofa King
12-23-2011, 02:45 PM
It turns out that you don't even have to hold your mouth open. They can enter through your rectum.

On second hand, i never really liked my teeth anyways.

WhiteWhale
12-23-2011, 02:57 PM

It's already so overpriced you'd have to be retarded to get any major dental work in the states.

Fuck man, I got 3 crowns in mexico. It cost me about 1/5 of what it costs me here. The dentist and his office were also superior.

In the states = almost 6,000 dollars.

In Mexico = 2,000 dollars (that includes Hotel and plane ticket)

Titty Meat
12-23-2011, 02:59 PM
A number of my fillings have turned into infections. Fuck them.

WhiteWhale
12-23-2011, 03:17 PM
A number of my fillings have turned into infections. **** them.

Bad dentist bud.

My first dentist did 3 fillings that get infected less than a year after. He dug too deep and put the filling right on the pulp. That stupid bastard cost me 7 thousand dollars because he was incompetent.

Luckily my current dentist is pretty freaking awesome. He's never made things worse.

Titty Meat
12-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Bad dentist bud.

My first dentist did 3 fillings that get infected less than a year after. He dug too deep and put the filling right on the pulp. That stupid bastard cost me 7 thousand dollars because he was incompetent.

Luckily my current dentist is pretty freaking awesome. He's never made things worse.

Ugh I spent just as much on root canals last year as I did on tuition (no dental insurance).

WhiteWhale
12-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Ugh I spent just as much on root canals last year as I did on tuition (no dental insurance).

Yeah, and if you don't get a crown on him they'll break or rupture or whatever.

Crown 'em and they'll be fine.

Rain Man
12-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Y'know what freaks me out? Those tribal people who file down their teeth. That freaks me out. I mean, it's not like they're doing that at the dentist office. They're probably rubbing rocks against their teeth or something.

http://www.jeffshea.com/photos/large/CAR,PygmyWomanWithSharpenedTeeth,2000,CU2.jpg

bevischief
12-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Y'know what freaks me out? Those tribal people who file down their teeth. That freaks me out. I mean, it's not like they're doing that at the dentist office. They're probably rubbing rocks against their teeth or something.

http://www.jeffshea.com/photos/large/CAR,PygmyWomanWithSharpenedTeeth,2000,CU2.jpg

YEP.

JD10367
12-23-2011, 10:10 PM

Are you sure that's dentistry? I think that's prison, dude.

Silock
12-23-2011, 10:20 PM
Why don't you guys have dental insurance? It's stupid cheap.

Titty Meat
12-23-2011, 10:41 PM
Why don't you guys have dental insurance? It's stupid cheap.

At the time I didn't think dental insurance was important but I learned the hard way. Wheres a good place to look? I'm a bit weary of the online stuff.

Caseyguyrr
12-23-2011, 11:39 PM
dont go to my dentist, he'll put tears in your eyes

bobbymitch
12-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Don't you find it ironic that this is coming from England of all places?

yeti
12-24-2011, 10:21 AM
From watching the video, I don't think this device is intended to replace the drill but merely as an adjunct to help create a better bond between tooth and restorative material.