PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Zorn was the one calling plays against GB

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-23-2011, 09:06 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/behindthemic/#nfl/2011/12/23/122311.btm_group_crennel

What you all think.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Thats what i thought.

jd1020
12-23-2011, 09:10 PM
My thought: Why is Muir still here?

BoneKrusher
12-23-2011, 09:11 PM
sounds bout right to me.

bevischief
12-23-2011, 09:11 PM

I thought he was dead...

BoneKrusher
12-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I thought he was dead...

he was only sleeping.

ThaVirus
12-23-2011, 09:15 PM
So will he be calling the plays for the rest of the season and/or beyond?

Bowser
12-23-2011, 09:15 PM
I think he should call the plays against the Raiders and Broncos, too.

To concentrate on working with the o-line. And to eat tapioca.

jd1020
12-23-2011, 09:18 PM
To concentrate on working with the o-line. And to eat tapioca.

The only thing Muir concentrates on is sheep.

Mr. Laz
12-23-2011, 09:28 PM
but,but,but .... the playcalling was exactly the same!!! :spock:

that would explain the better flow to the playcalling

I expect that is the most likely thing to happen next year as well.

Promote Crennel to HC
Promote Zorn to OC/QB coach

Crennel hires a defensive assistant to help on defense.

Minimal changes is what Pioli is all about. Imo ... Pioli believes that too many changes at once causes problems even if those changes end up being good choices.

If that happens i would hope that it means that Muir is gone(even as Oline coach) because he has the title of OC.

Muir wouldn't take a demotion and stay, would he????

pr_capone
12-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Muir wouldn't take a demotion and stay, would he????

Would you want him to??? :spock:

Pasta Little Brioni
12-23-2011, 09:33 PM

If he has a local oatmeal business then yes, yes he does.

Mr. Laz
12-23-2011, 09:34 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/12/17/129055749918358756.jpg

DTLB58
12-23-2011, 09:35 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/behindthemic/#nfl/2011/12/23/122311.btm_group_crennel

What you all think.

I'd say, somethings F'd up. Cause I specifically remember someone from the KC media asking Romeo this past week if Muir was calling plays and he said yes he called them all himself. He told him, look, if I want something I will let you know but he was doing okay, so I didn't need to screw it up. They went on to ask, it still went threw Zorn then out onto the field like before and he said yes, just like before.

-King-
12-23-2011, 09:35 PM

He forgot his way home.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Depends

Mr. Laz
12-23-2011, 09:40 PM
I'd say, somethings F'd up. Cause I specifically remember someone from the KC media asking Romeo this past week if Muir was calling plays and he said yes he called them all himself. He told him, look, if I want something I will let you know but he was doing okay, so I didn't need to screw it up. They went on to ask, it still went threw Zorn then out onto the field like before and he said yes, just like before.
collinsworth could of just assumed that Zorn was calling the plays because he saw him relaying them into Orton.

The Rick
12-23-2011, 09:49 PM
If Zorn continues to call the plays and we play well these next two games, I'm sold. Romeo becomes the head coach, Zorn is OC/QB coach, and Romeo picks a DC to run his defense. Everything else on the coaching staff stays the same (minus Muir).

Pasta Little Brioni
12-23-2011, 09:52 PM
If Zorn continues to call the plays and we play well these next two games, I'm sold. Romeo becomes the head coach, Zorn is OC/QB coach, and Romeo picks a DC to run his defense. Everything else on the coaching staff stays the same (minus Muir).

Zorn was just relaying the plays, Collinsworth got it wrong because of that.

Johnny Vegas
12-23-2011, 09:55 PM
man I was saying this Crennel/HC and Zorn/OC thing before the Packers game. Was laughed at at the thought of it. this place sometimes...

DTLB58
12-23-2011, 09:56 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/QA-with-Romeo-Crennel-1219/85ba3029-56be-4050-9d47-849ce3541ef7

Q: So as the head coach, you didn’t call any offensive plays?

CRENNEL: “No I did not call any offensive plays, like I told you last night all I did was stand on the sideline.”

Q: It goes from Bill Muir to Jim Zorn who then relays the play in?

CRENNEL: “To the quarterback, correct.”

Q: Did you ever give any input whether you wanted a running play or a pass play?

CRENNEL: “No, what I told Bill [Muir] was, I said ‘Bill, as this thing goes along, if there is something that I think I want to see I’ll just tell you, what about this, what about that.’ And he says okay, but things were going good so I didn’t need to mess it up.”

KCTitus
12-23-2011, 10:06 PM
He did...and KC won...against the only undefeated team in the NFL. Probably something that should continue.

KCrockaholic
12-23-2011, 10:15 PM
Interesting topic because we've heard Muir called the plays, and now Zorn was calling the plays. whatever it was, they did a good job.

hometeam
12-23-2011, 10:21 PM
As said above, Zorn was only relaying the plays. Collinsworth/ITNFL writers where mistaken.

Titty Meat
12-23-2011, 10:35 PM
It was Cassel

trndobrd
12-23-2011, 11:07 PM
It was Cassel

I would be OK with Cassel upstairs next season. Better than on the field.

Caseyguyrr
12-23-2011, 11:08 PM
:clap:

KCBOSS1
12-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Okay, but Orton also said that "Bill called a good aggressive game".

KCBOSS1
12-24-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm wandering if Haley was just over involved with the playcalling, changing plays, messing up the flow of the game, etc. He may just have confused everything and not really have given any real authority to Muir. Maybe we should just observe for a couple of weeks to see if the flow of the game, the aggression of the play calling and everything stays as efficient as it was Sunday. But both Crennel and Orton alluded to "Bill" calling a good game.

chop
12-24-2011, 12:55 AM
I am inclined to believe the difference in last weeks game was with the QB play. I'm not a big fan of Orton but he played a pretty good game (not great) and, for the most part, got the receivers the ball. When the QB is not over throwing his recievers it tends to help keep drives alive thus making the coaches look better.

FAX
12-24-2011, 12:56 AM
ROFL

Actually, it would have been somewhat humoristic if Crennel sent Muir up to the box with nothing to do.

FAX

DeezNutz
12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm wandering if Haley was just over involved with the playcalling, changing plays, messing up the flow of the game, etc. He may just have confused everything and not really have given any real authority to Muir. Maybe we should just observe for a couple of weeks to see if the flow of the game, the aggression of the play calling and everything stays as efficient as it was Sunday. But both Crennel and Orton alluded to "Bill" calling a good game.

I wander when I wonder, too, bro.

DeezNutz
12-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Oh, and Haley is either A.) the biggest pussy bitch ever to coach in the NFL (given that he was obviously tanking games) or B.) the biggest farce of an offensive genious in NFL history (read: created by Warner and Fitz).

FAX
12-24-2011, 01:22 AM
... or C) Another piteous victim of Dr. Evil's nefarious ways.

FAX

DeezNutz
12-24-2011, 01:28 AM
... or C) Another piteous victim of Dr. Evil's nefarious ways.

FAX

This would assume that the fool knows what he's doing in any capacity.

Haley was a joke, but Pioli is a ****ing travesty.

TimeForWasp
12-24-2011, 01:33 AM
ROFL

Actually, it would have been somewhat humoristic if Crennel sent Muir up to the box with nothing to do.

FAX

Haley adjusted Muirs mic. Crennel just turned it off and let Muirs mouth move in silence.

BossChief
12-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Oh, and Haley is either A.) the biggest pussy bitch ever to coach in the NFL (given that he was obviously tanking games) or B.) the biggest farce of an offensive genious in NFL history (read: created by Warner and Fitz).

Or he got "Casseled"

Phobia
12-24-2011, 01:47 AM
The truth is, none of us care who calls the plays as long as they work.

DeezNutz
12-24-2011, 01:48 AM
Or he got "Casseled"

Cassel sucks shit; it would take an act of impressive obliviousness to argue otherwise, but Haley was still the one extracting prime shit juice from a three-month-old turd, marinated in a "well-devised" training program.

Face it, Haley is an OC at best. At ****ing best. More than likely he's a glorified water boy on a SB winning team--he'd be the one working on the players' short game.

BossChief
12-24-2011, 02:02 AM
Cassel sucks shit; it would take an act of impressive obliviousness to argue otherwise, but Haley was still the one extracting prime shit juice from a three-month-old turd, marinated in a "well-devised" training program.

Face it, Haley is an OC at best. At ****ing best. More than likely he's a glorified water boy on a SB winning team--he'd be the one working on the players' short game.

We will never see eye to eye on this point.

I see a long list of players that wanted to play for him and respect him that goes way back. A guy that Kurt Warner credited with running an offense that redirected his career and got him back to another superbowl.

We have a team that has been developing every drop of talent it has to the absolute fullest.

I will ALWAYS think that Haley got a raw deal in getting fired in an unsinkable situation.

Pioli let Shaun Smith leave.
Moeaki, Berry Charles.
Handcuffing to Cassel is like tossing a guy in the ocean with a 50 pound lead weight strapped to each foot and then telling everyone it was his fault he drowned. "he should have swam harder"

Give Haley those three back and even an average quarterback like Orton to start the year and how many wins would we have right now?

That's a legit question.

KurtCobain
12-24-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm not sold with romeo and I won't be no matter what this season, but if Zorn is oc under, that means he would be primed to be romeo's eventual soon successor, right?
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief
12-24-2011, 02:16 AM
I don't want Zorn promoted.

His playcalling while at Washington was so bad that they hired and forced a playcaller on him midseason during his last year there.

He needs to stay where he is and we need to bring in a legit guy to take over the offense so Romeo can focus on continuing to develop the defense.

DeezNutz
12-24-2011, 02:17 AM
Give Haley those three back and even an average quarterback like Orton to start the year and how many wins would we have right now?

That's a legit question.

Less than we'd have with a competent HC. 4-8-28. Never forget.

Titty Meat
12-24-2011, 02:29 AM
Or he got "Casseled"

Yeah Cassel made him play Palko. Dumbass.

BossChief
12-24-2011, 02:37 AM
I can take the n00bish mistakes so long as there is a clear positive that balances it out and he shows the ability to learn to lessen the mistakes. I saw his ability to get the most out of players as worth it to live through the negatives.

It's possible that I was wrong about Haley all along and am just being thick headed, but I think Haley works his way back into another chance as a head coach and will have learned the lesson of how important it is to get into a situation where you don't get saddled to a poor quarterback.

Give Haley those three and an above average quarterback and this team wins this division two years out of three and is relevant again with a real shot at a run in the playoffs.

Shit, he may have done so with the injuries if we had a quarterback.

Oh well though...all in all I hope we go forward and continue to build the talent on this team up and get some good quarterback play the next ten or so years so we have a chance and that the "Cassel era" is in it's last gasps.

Titty Meat
12-24-2011, 02:50 AM
I think what Haley did was unprofessional. I also think it's sad he was kept around for ticket sales but surprise surprise.

BossChief
12-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Kept around for ticket sales?

bevischief
12-24-2011, 03:23 AM

What you all think.

Hell yes.

kcfanXIII
12-24-2011, 04:23 AM

What you all think.

i think its weird those two have anything positive to say about the chiefs.

chasedude
12-24-2011, 05:04 AM
Has Haley been doing all the play calling prior? Being an egomaniac, I can see it. Firing Gailey as the season started really chapped my hide and his play calling was rediculous.

Crennel allowing Zorn to call the game shows how much he's willing to be more flexible. The players mentioned the increased time watching tape, and how they were more prepared to play.

Props for Haley's demise and Crennel's rise.

CoMoChief
12-24-2011, 08:16 AM
This team would be a lot better if Romeo was HC, Zorn was OC, Muir gone, and Orton as QB.

chiefzilla1501
12-24-2011, 08:30 AM
We will never see eye to eye on this point.

I see a long list of players that wanted to play for him and respect him that goes way back. A guy that Kurt Warner credited with running an offense that redirected his career and got him back to another superbowl.

We have a team that has been developing every drop of talent it has to the absolute fullest.

I will ALWAYS think that Haley got a raw deal in getting fired in an unsinkable situation.

Pioli let Shaun Smith leave.
Moeaki, Berry Charles.
Handcuffing to Cassel is like tossing a guy in the ocean with a 50 pound lead weight strapped to each foot and then telling everyone it was his fault he drowned. "he should have swam harder"

That's a legit question.

Fully agree. I think its sounding like Haley made some mistakes. But he brought discipline to a team who had none and coached up the crappy talent he had.

I still wonder how he fares with a gm that isn't an egotistical prick.

As for offensive guru... I still think he built a conservative offense because of the qb.

I don't know what his upside was. But I think it's a bit unfair to criticize him because he couldnt build a team around cassel.

Chiefnj2
12-24-2011, 09:04 AM
I'll defer to Romeo, and assume Chris was wrong.

kc hopeful
12-24-2011, 09:12 AM
With Zorn and Orton our offense was playing at another level. The ball was spread around to 10 different receivers. We converted on 3rd downs?! It inspired the running game. McClain was being better utilized. OL scheme was effective. Coulda and shoulda scored even more........I like it!

Archie F. Swin
12-24-2011, 09:15 AM
The truth is, none of us care who calls the plays as long as they work.

they didn't work very well at 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, 3rd and goal etc.

boogblaster
12-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Muir wears his KC hat well .... every team has their handicap ......

Agent V
12-24-2011, 10:12 AM
they didn't work very well at 1st and goal, 2nd and goal, 3rd and goal etc.

Honestly, from what I saw, there were some execution problems –– bad throws, McClain's drop, etc. The worst call was giving it to Jones.

Okie_Apparition
12-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Another CP urban legend has been birthed!
the bubble gum cigars are cool though

Marcellus
12-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Kept around for ticket sales?

What, you don't get it?

Think like a complete fucking moran retard and makybe it will come to you.

I haven't been able to think dumb enough to figure it out yet.

DTHOF
12-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Are you sure, did anyone put a mirror under his nose? he was only sleeping.

Titty Meat
12-24-2011, 11:01 AM
What, you don't get it?

Think like a complete ****ing moran retard and makybe it will come to you.

I haven't been able to think dumb enough to figure it out yet.

Of course you don't get it about the only thing youre good at is being a dumbass and Painal.

Pioli wanted to fire Haley at the end of last year but was overruled because the fans would have been pissed.

Marcellus
12-24-2011, 11:07 AM
[quote=Bo's Pelini;8231740]Of course you don't get it about the only thing youer good at is being a dumbass and Painal.
quote]

LMAO

Ming the Merciless
12-24-2011, 11:40 AM
i fuvking knew it wasn't muir

milkman
12-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Has Haley been doing all the play calling prior? Being an egomaniac, I can see it. Firing Gailey as the season started really chapped my hide and his play calling was rediculous.

Crennel allowing Zorn to call the game shows how much he's willing to be more flexible. The players mentioned the increased time watching tape, and how they were more prepared to play.

Props for Haley's demise and Crennel's rise.

With Zorn and Orton our offense was playing at another level. The ball was spread around to 10 different receivers. We converted on 3rd downs?! It inspired the running game. McClain was being better utilized. OL scheme was effective. Coulda and shoulda scored even more........I like it!

You know, if you dumbasses weren't so quick to post responses, and actually read a thread before posting, you might not look like such dumbasses.

Oh, hell.

Who am I kidding?

You'd still be dumbasses.

Sofa King
12-24-2011, 11:50 AM

Didn't bother to read the thread i take it?

BossChief
12-24-2011, 11:50 AM
Of course you don't get it about the only thing youre good at is being a dumbass and Painal.

Pioli wanted to fire Haley at the end of last year but was overruled because the fans would have been pissed.

ROFL

Yeah, firing a guy that was a finalist for the Coach of the year award to make a statement that he was gonna stay with Cassel might have gotten the fans a little pissed.

Get a clue

Ming the Merciless
12-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Didn't bother to read the thread i take it?

no

fuck me, was it muir?

wtf

ModSocks
12-24-2011, 12:29 PM
Well if he's calling plays in this game, he just did a shitty fucking job in the redzone.

Ming the Merciless
12-24-2011, 12:30 PM
I can't believe it was muir, it seemed different

ModSocks
BTW, can I get a "Welcome"? I mean damn, when do u ever see me in the game thread on game day?

Ming the Merciless
Well if he's calling plays in this game, he just did a shitty ****ing job in the redzone.

apparently it was still muir, which explains this

Titty Meat
12-24-2011, 12:31 PM
ROFL

Yeah, firing a guy that was a finalist for the Coach of the year award to make a statement that he was gonna stay with Cassel might have gotten the fans a little pissed.

Get a clue

Wasn't reported by my bruh. If anything though you're the one who's clueless the rift between Haley/Pioli was documented before the season even started.

ModSocks
Well if he's calling plays in this game, he just did a shitty ****ing job in the redzone.

oops, wrong thread, lol

Ming the Merciless
BTW, can I get a "Welcome"? I mean damn, when do u ever see me in the game thread on game day?

WELCOME to the non-game tangent thread about last week's game on game day motherfucker!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

glad to have you, buckle up