PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So...were the two FGs Succop's fault?

lcarus
12-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Or just a great play by a great player? I couldn't really tell from where I was sitting.

Bugeater
12-24-2011, 08:18 PM
Yes, he succs.

threebag
12-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Soft in the middle

stonedstooge
12-24-2011, 08:21 PM
Started both of those bastards awful low. Ball didn't seem to get up very quick

mnchiefsguy
12-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Started both of those bastards awful low. Ball didn't seem to get up very quick

They were long range field goals....45 yards+. You have to kick those a little lower to get the distance.

Just saw the replay of one of the blocks on Sportscenter....our block was horrible. They might as well have just stood there.

scho63
12-24-2011, 08:35 PM
When two FG's get blocked by the same guy, the same way it's the line's fault along with the special teams coach. I can't ever remember seeing two FG's blocked in any game from the same team. This loss still stings bad almost 6 hours later

boogblaster
12-24-2011, 08:39 PM
lines fault .. and yes that distance requires a lower projection ......

dannybcaitlyn
12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Steve Hoffman needs to pack his bags!

Three7s
12-24-2011, 08:42 PM
On the last FG, it looked like Succop was a little slow with the kick. Maybe GoChiefs could gif it up, if he could stomach it that is.

ChiefsCountry
12-24-2011, 08:43 PM

Yeah lets fire one of the best special team coaches in the NFL. :banghead:

whosyou
12-24-2011, 08:47 PM
No. Succop should have only been kicking extra points. our play calling and execution is horrible don't blame cop sucker.

Ming the Merciless
12-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Soft in the middle

this, like rustshack's worn anus

teedubya
12-24-2011, 08:50 PM

WTF is your avatar?

htismaqe
12-24-2011, 09:12 PM
On the last FG, it looked like Succop was a little slow with the kick. Maybe GoChiefs could gif it up, if he could stomach it that is.

Both of them were low but the last one was WAY low. It looked like he kicked it right into the line.

NJChiefsFan
12-24-2011, 09:14 PM
Both of them were low but the last one was WAY low. It looked like he kicked it right into the line.

The line was also 5 feet further back then it should have been.

kcxiv
12-24-2011, 09:18 PM
The line on the 2nd one. Look at the replay the Raiders caved them in. It was bad. That whole left side of the line got their shit pushed in.

TimeForWasp
12-24-2011, 09:20 PM
WTF is your avatar?

It looks soft in the middle.

bevischief
12-24-2011, 09:24 PM
The special teams coach needs to go.

Lzen
12-24-2011, 09:45 PM
For such a great coach, his special teams have been horrible the last 2 weeks.

Rain Man
12-24-2011, 10:09 PM
I love Succop. We all love Succop. And the line certainly didn't help. But those two kicks looked really low.

splatbass
12-24-2011, 10:58 PM

Special Teams has sucked this year. It is hard to say he is one of the best when his ST has been this bad.

Molitoth
12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
No. Succop should have only been kicking extra points. our play calling and execution is horrible don't blame cop sucker.

this.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2011, 11:06 PM
Hoffman is a very, very good kicking coach. That last kick by Succop was pretty poor, don't really remember the first.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Looking at the second kick on video, it looks like it probably misses left even if Seymour doesn't block it.

Fritz88
12-24-2011, 11:45 PM
I hate Haley, but I don't think we would miss two field goals with him in the same game. He would have ripped their hearts out after the first missed FG. On the other hand, Romeo probably said "don't worry son, you'll make the next one" with a gentle pat on the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
12-25-2011, 12:34 AM
His leg is weak

CoMoChief
12-25-2011, 12:36 AM
I hate Haley, but I don't think we would miss two field goals with him in the same game. He would have ripped their hearts out after the first missed FG. On the other hand, Romeo probably said "don't worry son, you'll make the next one" with a gentle pat on the back.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yup....def Romeo's fault.

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Yup....def Romeo's fault.

Cleveland Bronco said Romeo would have gotten it thru the uprights, right after getting done returning all those cars to their owners in Club level, who left right before the 2 min warning in regulation. SOMEBODY had to work the valet parking section, rinse out all those damned beer taps, and scour the standings for the next draft, DAMMIT!

Hootie
12-25-2011, 02:40 AM
what a sickening loss...

terrible football day for me

Deberg_1990
12-25-2011, 07:24 AM
I was sitting about the 20 yard line at that end of the field and yes, it looked way low from my view.
Posted via Mobile Device

whosyou
12-25-2011, 08:08 AM
His leg is weak

It's worn out from carrying this team

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 08:19 AM
the Red Zone offense has been really bad the last two weeks.

seems like 8 trips inside the opponents 20 yard line and only scored two TD's.

milkman
12-25-2011, 08:22 AM
the Red Zone offense has been really bad the last two weeks.

There's a newsflash.

And you won King of the Noobs?

:facepalm:

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 09:45 AM
There's a newsflash.

And you won King of the Noobs?

:facepalm:

why all the blame on the special teams? just sayin'.

dont you have Milk to deliver?

J Diddy
12-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

With Haley it wouldn't have mattered because Palko would have already had us done by 48 points.

milkman
12-25-2011, 10:24 AM
why all the blame on the special teams? just sayin'.

dont you have Milk to deliver?

I'm not blaming it on the STs.

I've said a couple of times that this loss is on the decision making in the red zone, specifically the decision to keep feeding the ball to TwoYardTJ.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I'm not blaming it on the STs.

I've said a couple of times that this loss is on the decision making in the red zone, specifically the decision to keep feeding the ball to TwoYardTJ.

i know man, but a lot of people are putting it on the STs.
i was just saying if the Offense had done their job in the red zone the field goals wouldn't have been a big deal.

look over me i'm a grouch after yesterday and i've had too much Christmas cheer this morning.

cdcox
12-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Never, ever trust a keeker.

If your season's fate comes down to a keeker, you're doing it wrong. Dominate your opponent from the opening gun. Score TDs instead of FGs.

Essentially a FG is a roll of the dice, and you are gonna get burnt sooner or later.

A 49-yarder in Arrowhead is going to be a miss more often than not.

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 10:36 AM

If your season's fate comes down to a keeker, you're doing it wrong. Dominate your opponent from the opening gun. Score TDs instead of FGs.

Essentially a FG is a roll of the dice, and you are gonna get burnt sooner or later.

THEES.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 10:37 AM

Dominate your opponent from the opening gun. Score TDs instead of FGs.

yep, it seems the Chiefs wanna play too safe at the beginning of games and that's the wrong approach.
go for the kill out of the gate and make your opponent play catch up.

dannybcaitlyn
12-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Sorry man, but field goals are part of the game. If you don't make them they most likely bite you at the end. Its not uncommon to see a field goal kicker miss two field goals in a game but it is ridiculous two have two blocked. So I put this one on the special teams.

BoneKrusher
12-25-2011, 10:53 AM
Sorry man, but field goals are part of the game. If you don't make them they most likely bite you at the end. Its not uncommon to see a field goal kicker miss two field goals in a game but it is ridiculous two have two blocked. So I put this one on the special teams.

i agree field goals are part of the game and often decide games but to settle for them the way the chiefs have the last two weeks will get you beat more often than not.

the play of the Defense in KC is getting stronger down the stretch, take some chances on offense early in games is all i'm saying.

Hootie
12-25-2011, 10:53 AM

I don't disagree...

but this has been the year of the TE, and the year of the kicker...

we happen to have neither one

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't disagree...

but this has been the year of the TE, and the year of the kicker...

we happen to have neither one

We don't have have an elite TE, but we do have a kicker, who tied the club record for consecutive FG's.

Unmade 1st downs, dumb penalties, 1 TD, getting punked on a long pass in OT, yesterday. Those underlined weakness, and made Pioli's job easier, to fill such gaps. All the close games this season pinpoint where improvement needs to be made.

I just hope all the knees heal up this off-season.

dannybcaitlyn
12-25-2011, 11:15 AM
i agree field goals are part of the game and often decide games but to settle for them the way the chiefs have the last two weeks will get you beat more often than not.

the play of the Defense in KC is getting stronger down the stretch, take some chances on offense early in games is all i'm saying.

Agreed. Its little of everything that's been killing us in the red zone, not all on th QB though, play calling and dropped passes in the end zone. It seems like everytime we get a big play now we get stopped inside the opponents 10 yard line and its like oh s**t! I would like the offense to be more aggressive likebthe last scoring drive. We do have a QB who can pass over twenty yards now. There safety was beat to hell too, limping around and we never tested him deep.

splatbass
12-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Dominate your opponent from the opening gun. Score TDs instead of FGs.

Of course that is what every team wants to do, and every fan wants their team to do, but even the top teams don't do that every week.

Coogs
12-26-2011, 10:58 AM

About a week ago or so, there was a piece on ESPN about Alabama and their FG kickers, and a major part of the piece was on the Alabama kickers taking a 3 step approach instead of a 2 step approach. I'm not sure if Succop does 2 step or 3 step on a normal FG, as I have never paid that much attention to that detail. But I did watch the last one that was blocked, and Succop had a 3 step approach. Seabass, on the other hand, had a 2 step approach on his final kick. Even though it is not much, that extra step requires just a fraction more time... time for more penetration along the line.

T-post Tom
12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Add three names to Hall Of Shame led by the kicker-whose-name-shall-not-be-spoken:

Steve Maneri, Jon Asamoah, and Barry Richardson

Rausch
12-26-2011, 03:56 PM
No way in hell is this on the kicker...

Mr. Laz
12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
special teams cost us 9 points in an 3 pt overtime loss

Haley would of ripped all their sleeves off and gave them strength to make those blocks and kicks.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2011, 06:26 PM
Of course that is what every team wants to do, and every fan wants their team to do, but even the top teams don't do that every week.

The Pats would be at least one Super Bowl short if they didn't rely on long Field Goals like that to win.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2011, 06:30 PM
No way in hell is this on the kicker...

Missing one kick is fine. Two blocked kicks is suspect. Definately special teams as a whole deserves some of the blame. Especially if u factor in the opening kickoff return.
Posted via Mobile Device