PDA

View Full Version : Misc Merry Christmas C-Planet.....get what you wanted for Christmas?

Mosbonian
12-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Anyone want to fess up to getting Chiefs gear for Christmas? What did you get that you really wanted this year?

KCrockaholic
12-25-2011, 01:51 PM
I got an authentic Walter Payton jersey, and his new book, "Sweetness". Pretty awesome.

Bwana
12-25-2011, 01:53 PM
A gun, knives, cabela's gift cards, 8 nights free stay in a condo on the beach in Belize. Yeah, I don't think Santa was watching me all the close last year. ;)

Bane
12-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Yep,got a Bowtech Assassin compound bow and some more reloading equipment.

LiveSteam
12-25-2011, 01:56 PM
8 dozen Snow goose Sill Sock decoys.

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/389476_10150547027515320_312036625319_11270809_1886367947_n.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
12-25-2011, 01:58 PM
Yep. A Kindle and a Sodastream, among other things.

Mosbonian
12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Was a milder Christmas for the Mosbonian household this year, what with the job change. But between my kids, my mother-in-law and my better half they still did a great job of getting the small things that made it a pretty good day...

I got seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Big Bang Theory....the combo packs of Captain America & Thor... and the X-Men First Class DVD. Throw in an Itune card to update my music collection and a couple of other gift cards and it made for a nice day.

Made out like a bandit even in a lean year. Gotta give props to the wife for really using money wisely this year, and getting things on the cheap.

Mosbonian
12-25-2011, 02:02 PM
A gun, knives, cabela's gift cards, 8 nights free stay in a condo on the beach in Belize. Yeah, I don't think Santa was watching me all the close last year. ;)

I heard due to the economy he was grading on the Bell Curve

Bwana
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I heard due to the economy he was grading on the Bell Curve

That may explain it!

TinyEvel
12-25-2011, 02:04 PM
I got an iPod nano mini and a wrist strap so I'm friggen Dick Tracy. It's so cool. Also got a Lego VW bus. Looking forward to putting that together over a weekend

stevieray
12-25-2011, 02:11 PM

dang...Merry Christmas!

Bwana
12-25-2011, 02:12 PM
dang...Merry Christmas!

Likewise bud. :thumb:

Shogun
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Got a Remote start for my truck, clothes, money, best buy gift card, Royals jersey, great christmas

luv
12-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Lots of good stuff!

Two Mizzou t-shirts (one from dad, one from best friend's parents)
A Mizzou sweatshirt (from dad)
A St. Louis Cardinals t-shirt (from best friend)
A Chiefs bottle koozie(sp?) (from dad)
$400 cash to put towards new tires for my car (from dad)
$100 cash (from mom)
Two candles (one from mom, one from nieces and nephew)
$600 bonus from work (damn, I hate taxes, btw)
$25 gift certificate to local liquor store chain (from boss)
Bottle of best Bloody Mary mix I've ever had (from another boss)
Home Sweet Home Chiefs sign (from co-worker)

R8RFAN
12-25-2011, 02:34 PM
Yep. A Kindle and a Sodastream, among other things.

How does that soda stream work for you?

Setsuna
12-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Socks bro. Best gift ever.

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 03:23 PM
Socks bro. Best gift ever.

Indeed, i got both white footy athletics and black dress for work.

PBJ

Bugeater
12-25-2011, 03:24 PM
I got one of these, but I can't fly the fucking thing without crashing it into everything in sight:

http://www.coolgizmotoys.com/images/2010/12/Brookstone_Remote_Control_Helicopter___uControl_Cloud_Force-SS80MTQlMkJnQko2VWhMLmpwZw-500x400.jpg

Bwana
12-25-2011, 03:32 PM
I got one of these, but I can't fly the ****ing thing without crashing it into everything in sight:

http://www.coolgizmotoys.com/images/2010/12/Brookstone_Remote_Control_Helicopter___uControl_Cloud_Force-SS80MTQlMkJnQko2VWhMLmpwZw-500x400.jpg

Oh. I like that! I need to pick one up to torture the neighbors in the summer, when they have one of their late night deck shindigs and won't sufu. It would also work well for chasing some of those cats and rabbits off, when they enter the back yard. What's the range on something like that? Bottom line, one of those bad boys would save me the expense of more bird bombs and BB's.

R8RFAN
12-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Oh. I like that! I need to pick one up to torture the neighbors in the summer, when they have one of their late night deck shindigs and won't sufu. It would also work well for chasing some of those cats and rabbits off, when they enter the back yard. What's the range on something like that? Bottom line, one of those bad boys would save me the expense of more bird bombs and BB's.

Fly it over a deck down here in the south and it becomes instant skeet LMAO

Bwana
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Fly it over a deck down here in the south and it becomes instant skeet LMAO

Heh, if that were the case, I would have to break out the bird bombs and pellet guns again. :) You ever touch off a brid bomb, the M-80's they make for a 12 gauge? Those things are a work of art.

Dragonocho
12-25-2011, 03:37 PM
My wife bought me a Boulevard Sampler. Not too shabby.

Bugeater
12-25-2011, 03:38 PM
The manufacturer claims 80 feet, and I can confirm that animals do not care for it. Or at least that my dog doesn't.

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Those choppers definitely take some practice, got my son one of them for Christmas last year, they hover fairly easily, but being able to perform any real controlled maneuver like i watch in commercials was basically impossible lol.

Bugeater
12-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Those choppers definitely take some practice, got my son one of them for Christmas last year, they hover fairly easily, but being able to perform any real controlled maneuver like i watch in commercials was basically impossible lol.
Especially indoors where you have those pesky walls and ceilings constantly getting in your way.

Setsuna
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Indeed, i got both white footy athletics and black dress for work.

PBJ

Nice man! I just got black athletic socks. I walked around with two different color socks for many years. Not no more! PBJ PBJ

Easy 6
12-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Especially indoors where you have those pesky walls and ceilings constantly getting in your way.

Yep, it was nearly impossible to anything at all indoors but even outside it was tough to maneuver, then again it wasnt nearly as expensive looking as yours, that looks like a more serious hobbyist model.

AustinChief
12-25-2011, 03:57 PM
I got a Chiefs Pool cue!

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 03:58 PM
Pressure cooker/canning kit, a couple Vampire Weekend LP's, yet another Sgt. Pepper's CD (my kids all have their own, after 3 successions of lifting mine), a Black Keys CD, a flat screen TV, salt & pepper mills, and the comfiest slippers I've worn in a long while.

Bugeater
12-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Yep, it was nearly impossible to anything at all indoors but even outside it was tough to maneuver, then again it wasnt nearly as expensive looking as yours, that looks like a more serious hobbyist model.
Eh, it's only a little 6" toy, but the website I got the picture from was selling them for $60 which seems a bit steep.

Extra Point
12-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I was remiss in indicating the best present I received, a 2nd ed. copy of FISHERMAN'S LUCK and Some Other Uncertain Things, by Henry Van Dyke.

Each of us passed the book around, and read to ourselves the Dedication:

DEDICATION

TO MY LADY
GRAYGOWN

HERE
is the basket;
I bring it home to you.
There are no great fish in it.
But perhaps there may be one or two little
ones which will be to your haste. And there
are a few shining pebbles from the bed of the
brook, and ferns from the cool, green woods,
and wild flowers from the places that you remem-
ber. I would fain console you, if I could, for
the hardship of having married an angler: a man
who relapses into his mania with the return of
every spring, and never sees a little river with-
out wishing to fish in it. But after all, we have
had good times together as we have followed the
stream of life towards the sea. And we have
passed through the dark days without losing
heart, because we were comrades. So let
this book tell you one thing that is certain.
In all the life of your fisherman
the best piece of luck
is just
YOU.

I'm pretty damned lucky.

Merry Christmas.

SCTrojan
12-25-2011, 04:25 PM
iPad 2, a Boulevard beer sweatshirt, and a bunch of movies - to include the blue-ray collection of Star Wars.

R8RFAN
12-25-2011, 04:30 PM
I got the wife an Ipad 2 and paid for a random old man's dinner at Waffle House when I went in to get a cup of coffee to go.

I was at the wifes grandmothers house and the waffle house was like 100 yards away, I walked in and it was sad looking at all the people in there alone at tables....

I figured most didn't have anyone to spend the holidays with.

Fire Me Boy!
12-25-2011, 06:19 PM
How does that soda stream work for you?

So far, so good. My brother has had one for six or seven years and continues to use it regularly.

R8RFAN
12-25-2011, 06:20 PM
So far, so good. My brother has had one for six or seven years and continues to use it regularly.

Real Fizzy like normal soda?

Fire Me Boy!
12-25-2011, 06:25 PM
Real Fizzy like normal soda?

You have total control over how much or how little fizz you put in it. When you hook the water bottle to the Sodastream, you push a button that injects the CO2, and you keep pressing till it makes a buzz. Three buzzes is a fairly moderate amount of fizz, but you can do four or five if you like more fizz. On my first liter (diet cola), I did three and it was about on par with Diet Coke or Pepsi.

R8RFAN
12-25-2011, 06:38 PM
thanks.... cool

DBOSHO
12-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I got a shakeweight.

angelo
12-25-2011, 10:04 PM
I received a Nose Hair Trimmer, a Coffee Cup .

Ang

Lonewolf Ed
12-25-2011, 10:19 PM
No. I didn't.

journeyscarab
12-25-2011, 10:24 PM
I got a Brinkman Smoker/Charcoal grill which I had been hoping for. Wanted something I could learn on without breaking the bank. Got a cool Chiefs mug and some nice clothes. Great Christmas for me.