PDA

View Full Version : Misc My Freaking MacGyver

Skyy God
12-27-2011, 01:33 PM
So I get a couple calls on my cell from a random number...... turns out my dog was running free, almost got flattened, and a good samaritan from the 'hood pulled him into her car. He broke out of his double-latched crate, pried open the unlocked back door, and hopped my 4' fence gate.

I don't know whether to be mad or proud of his resourcefulness.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7074/photo11uc.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/photo11uc.jpg/)

Rain Man
12-27-2011, 01:36 PM
If he was truly resourceful he'd start a web site to teach these tricks to other dogs.

Bump
12-27-2011, 01:37 PM
http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h361/Bump4/not-a-cool-story-bro-it-has-no-aliens.jpg

Sofa King
12-27-2011, 01:38 PM
If anything, you may want to look at yourself as his owner. You must be a real asshole if he goes through all that to get the hell away from you.

Skyy God
12-27-2011, 01:41 PM
If anything, you may want to look at yourself as his owner. You must be a real asshole if he goes through all that to get the hell away from you.

Nah, it's just his way of protesting a lack of walks over the holiday weekend.

Rain Man
12-27-2011, 01:42 PM

Excellent point. This is usually Chapter One in the too-common story of how dogs end up being coke-addicted hookers on Hollywood Boulevard.

Sofa King
12-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Excellent point. This is usually Chapter One in the too-common story of how dogs end up being coke-addicted hookers on Hollywood Boulevard.

I read that book. Not even 1 mention of aliens.

Bane
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM

LMAO

mlyonsd
12-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Nah, it's just his way of protesting a lack of walks over the holiday weekend.Did you ask him?

RockChalk
12-27-2011, 01:51 PM
My 1-yo great dane used to unlock her double-latched crate so often that I had to put those Coleman camping latches on the crate. She likes her crate now, but she really hated it at the beginning.

But she never let herself outside. However, she'd tear the crap out of whatever was just laying around.

Skyy God
12-27-2011, 09:58 PM

The correct answer is, we're both assholes.

Dante84
12-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Ive got an irish setter too. Son of a bitch is magic.

Rain Man
12-27-2011, 10:07 PM
My 1-yo great dane used to unlock her double-latched crate so often that I had to put those Coleman camping latches on the crate. She likes her crate now, but she really hated it at the beginning.

But she never let herself outside. However, she'd tear the crap out of whatever was just laying around.

Eh, no big deal. How much damage could one Great Dane do?

Tribal Warfare
12-27-2011, 10:24 PM
Sounds like something like my "oldest" German Shepherd would do. he can unlock doors, deadbolts, and the most animated dog that I ever owned ( he turns he heads trying understand every word you're saying ) ect...

In fact his nickname is " MacGyver"

prhom
12-27-2011, 11:39 PM
My funniest dog escape story was the time my border collie got out, jumped off a retaining wall into a neighbors back yard, and was playing with the two dogs that lived there. She couldn't get out, and I could only tell which yard she was in because the neighbor dogs were barking at her. It's about 11:00 pm but I have to get the dog back so I knock on the front door. To my surprise, my dog comes running out the front door when it opens. My neighbor said "well that must be your dog, it just came into the living room through the dog door when you rang the bell". It was like she had gotten bored and planned the whole "visit".