PDA

View Full Version : Football Fox asked if Orton "gives Chiefs best chance to win"

Straight, No Chaser
12-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Earlier in the year, before Tebow was starting, John Fox kept saying Orton "gives us the best chance to win." When asked if Orton gives the Chiefs the best chance to win, he said, "that's funny." But he wasn't smiling. Denver fishwraps really questioning Elroy's decision 2 waive Orton.

If Kyle Orton and the Chiefs win Sunday, the Broncos' releasing of Orton on Nov. 22 will go down as one of the franchise's all-time boneheaded personnel moves.

milkman
12-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Orton is a mediocre QB.

The only boneheaded move would be to go into next season with Tim TeBow as their uncontested starter.

ModSocks
12-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Orton is a mediocre QB.

The only boneheaded move would be to go into next season with Tim TeBow as their uncontested starter.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4281/2524555.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/2524555.jpg/)

oldman
12-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Orton is a mediocre QB.

That's an improvement from what we had. :doh!:

durtyrute
12-28-2011, 11:34 AM
If we win, it doen't mean that releasing Orton was a dumb move. It just means we were the better team that day. I'd take Tebow over Orton any day of the week

milkman
12-28-2011, 11:38 AM
If we win, it doen't mean that releasing Orton was a dumb move. It just means we were the better team that day. I'd take Tebow over Orton any day of the week

I didn't watch the Bills game clsoely, but every time I turned to it late in the game, it appeared the Bills eschewed a prevent D in favor of tight man coverage on the outside with a cover 2 over the top.

It forced TeBow to make reads and accurate throws, and he was just awful.

Orton is mediocre, but TeBow has no business lining up behind center in the NFL.

Chiefnj2
12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Orton is mediocre, but TeBow has no business lining up behind center in the NFL.

2011 4th quarter comebacks and game winning drives:

Tebow - 5
Orton - 0

But for Tebow, Denver doesn't control their own destiny with the playoffs on the line.

Chiefaholic
12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
I didn't watch the Bills game clsoely, but every time I turned to it late in the game, it appeared the Bills eschewed a prevent D in favor of tight man coverage on the outside with a cover 2 over the top.

It forced TeBow to make reads and accurate throws, and he was just awful.

Somebody PLEASE explain this to ESPN, so they'll stop sucking his schlong.Teblow gets way too much credit for the effort of the team around him. Denver wins in spite of Teblow, not the other way around.

Dartgod
12-28-2011, 11:45 AM
If we win, it doen't mean that releasing Orton was a dumb move. It just means we were the better team that day. I'd take explosive diarrhea over projectile vomiting any day of the week

FYP

Rasputin
12-28-2011, 11:46 AM
I don't think it was a coincidence that Elfway cut Orton the same week Cassel gets put on IR from a "hand injury". I think Elfway took a chance that KC would pick him up knowing the way of the Chiefs is going with the retread & that takes KC out of the big picure of finding a QBotf via draft.

I wouldn't be surpised this draft that Horseface leaps over us to snag another QBotf right before our pick. I don't think he is content with the Tebow as there trusted QB to take them to the Super Bowl.

Damn I hate Horseface! If anything he does not want Chiefs getting a QBotf that he has to deal with for the next 10 years. Just my theory on it.

Okie_Apparition
12-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Elway's evil plan as come full circle
Apease the fans & play Tebow to lose for a real QB in the draft
Orton knocks them out of the playoffs & he can blame the fan's love for Tebow WINNING

milkman
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM

Tebow - 5
Orton - 0

But for Tebow, Denver doesn't control their own destiny with the playoffs on the line.

Run the ball, control the clock, play defense and keep the game close.

Any QB can pick apart a prevent defense.

Reerun_KC
12-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Fox asked if Orton "gives Chiefs best chance to win"

ROFL

Okay seriously.....

Reerun_KC
12-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Run the ball, control the clock, play defense and keep the game close.

Any QB can pick apart a prevent defense.

if you are keeping the game close, why would the other team be running a "prevent defense" ????

Radar Chief
12-28-2011, 11:52 AM
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/4281/2524555.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/2524555.jpg/)

:LOL: I know, me too.

milkman
12-28-2011, 11:53 AM
if you are keeping the game close, why would the other team be running a "prevent defense" ????

Have you ever watched the NFL?

Reerun_KC
12-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Have you ever watched the NFL?

Just answer the question...

Why would two teams in a very tight game go into a prevent defense?

Okie_Apparition
12-28-2011, 11:55 AM
There maybe real live evil in Denver
McDaniels takes them on a six game win streak
Tebow takes them on a six game win streak
In the year 2012 the 3rd six...Ima scurred

Radar Chief
12-28-2011, 11:56 AM

Under 2:00 minutes and you've got them done by 7. Are you going to play tight man coverage or are you going to concede time eating plays to the middle of the field between the 20's?

FD
12-28-2011, 11:57 AM
If the Chiefs didn't pick up Orton, Chicago would have, and it was pretty obvious if Orton had been their QB instead of Hanie they would have won at Denver 3 weeks ago. Either way, Elway gets to make his point.

Okie_Apparition
12-28-2011, 11:59 AM
I think the Cowboys were next on the waiver wire

Reerun_KC
12-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Under 2:00 minutes and you've got them done by 7. Are you going to play tight man coverage or are you going to concede time eating plays to the middle of the field between the 20's?

Would probably continue to play tight coverage on the outside... a Deep Cover 2 shell to "prevent" the big play and force everything inside.

I wouldnt however play 10 yards off the WRs as you see most teams do now days...

Straight, No Chaser
12-28-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't think it was a coincidence that Elfway cut Orton the same week Cassel gets put on IR from a "hand injury". I think Elfway took a chance that KC would pick him up knowing the way of the Chiefs is going with the retread & that takes KC out of the big picure of finding a QBotf via draft.

That's being quite imaginative. In fact, Elway readily admitted that Kansas City claiming Orton was not a desirable outcome. But it was clearly a possible and foreseeable outcome. So why waive him?

CoMoChief
12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
LOL at the fools who think Tim Tebow can be a legit NFL QB.

tredadda
12-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Somebody PLEASE explain this to ESPN, so they'll stop sucking his schlong.Teblow gets way too much credit for the effort of the team around him. Denver wins in spite of Teblow, not the other way around.

Then when the same Broncos team WITH Brandon Lloyd was losing with Orton under center was it all Orton's fault? Were they losing in spite of Orton? If so, why should we believe this guy will do anything for us?

vailpass
12-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Earlier in the year, before Tebow was starting, John Fox kept saying Orton "gives us the best chance to win." When asked if Orton gives the Chiefs the best chance to win, he said, "that's funny." But he wasn't smiling. Denver fishwraps really questioning Elroy's decision 2 waive Orton.

If Kyle Orton and the Chiefs win Sunday, the Broncos' releasing of Orton on Nov. 22 will go down as one of the franchise's all-time boneheaded personnel moves.

Are you stupid son?

Straight, No Chaser
12-28-2011, 01:09 PM
Are you stupid son?

Well "Dad" maybe I'm not quite the expert at Bronco Boneheaded Personnel moves as you. Enlighten me. What is your top three?

vailpass
12-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Well "Dad" maybe I'm not quite the expert at Bronco Boneheaded Personnel moves as you. Enlighten me. What is your top three?

LMAO Were you in a coma over the entire McDaniels era?

Straight, No Chaser
12-28-2011, 01:18 PM
LMAO Were you in a coma over the entire McDaniels era?

That one must be #1 in recent memory, sure.

I just can't see dumping Orton The Broncos are cheap and needed to save the money. With a team salary cap number in the neighborhood of $100 million, Bowlen, who has always claimed winning as his singular goal, was willing to take a competitive risk to save $2.6 million?

Mile High Mania
12-28-2011, 01:55 PM

Tebow - 5
Orton - 0

I'm not sure if I'm reading that correctly. Are you saying that Denver doesn't control it's own destiny right now? Win the game and they advance... is that not controlling their own destiny?

And, all the Orton talk is good for the media circus at this time of year and it gives this game more attention than it would receive otherwise.

Few talked positively about Orton when he was starting in Denver... few talked positively of him when he was claimed by KC. There's that fascinating aspect of how he can return as a Chief and stomp their playoff chances into the ground, but I really fail to see how that proves cutting him was wise.

Again ... nobody liked Orton much and few thought he could lead them anywhere, many think the same (or worse) about Tebow. So, I just don't see how this could end up as the worst move of all time.

munkey
12-28-2011, 02:02 PM

Tebow know Jesus....Are you really that stupid ;)

whoman69
12-28-2011, 02:20 PM
I think the question was direspectful, and that's exactly what the person who answered the question wanted it to be. Some day John Fox is going to write a book and explain to everyone how he had to re-write the gameplan to keep Tebow from losing all those games for them. The Broncos put in a strategy that downplays Tebow's lack of talent in passing the ball accurately. I really hope the Broncos let Tebow be Tebow as Skip Bayless wants.

BigMeatballDave
12-28-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm hoping Tebow shits himself while Orton lights them up just to make Mr. Ed look silly.

vailpass
12-28-2011, 02:52 PM
That one must be #1 in recent memory, sure.

I just can't see dumping Orton The Broncos are cheap and needed to save the money. With a team salary cap number in the neighborhood of $100 million, Bowlen, who has always claimed winning as his singular goal, was willing to take a competitive risk to save $2.6 million?

You think Denver cut Orton strictly to save money? This isn't Hunt or Bidwill we're talking about.
Regardless, to say cutting Kyle "dead-in-the-red" Orton was a top-3 personnel blunder of all time is mighty high praise for any organization, praise Denver doesn't deserve.

*Cutler
*B. Marshall
*P. Hillis
-drafting Tebow 1st round
-drafting Moreno 1st round

For more Bronco personnel fail go here: http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/timeline/

vailpass
12-28-2011, 02:53 PM
This doesn't say Tebow can be legit but it is interesting....

As expected, NFL owners unanimously approved the sale of the Jacksonville Jaguars to Shahid Khan. Kahn’s story is remarkable. He left his hometown of Lahore, Pakistan in 1967 at the age of 17 to study industrial engineering at the University of Illinois. While a student, Kahn started working at Flex-N-Gate, an auto parts manufacturer based in Urbana, IL. He continued to work at Flex-N-Gate until 1978 when he left the company to open his own shop with a focus on producing a uniquely designed one-piece bumper that had no seams to rust. Two years later, Kahn acquired Flex-N-Gate and ultimately grew the privately held company into a business with more than $3 billion in revenue, 12,450 employees and 48 plants in the United States and abroad.

Kahn has dreamed of owning an NFL team for some time. Now that he has realized such dream, the formula for success as an NFL owner may be shockingly simple: direct Jaguars general manager Gene Smith to trade for Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow. Bringing the former Florida Gators star home would instantly make Kahn a hero in Jacksonville and result in unprecedented ticket and merchandise sales.

Kahn acquired a franchise that is severely depressed. In 2005, the Jaguars permanently covered up almost 10,000 seats at Everbank Field in an effort to avoid local television blackouts and the embarrassment of a substantially empty stadium. Jacksonville has a record of 21 – 38 since losing to New England in the 2008 divisional playoffs, the team’s last trip to the postseason. Head coach Jack Del Rio was recently fired and the Jaguars were blown out 41 – 14 at Atlanta last night in a game that was televised nationally. Today, ProFootballTalk.com’s Michael David Smith wondered whether the Jaguars would be forced to use the team’s first round draft pick on a quarterback only a year after selecting Blaine Gabbert 10th overall.

Meanwhile, despite the continued criticism of his ability and skill by NFL analysts and players, Tim Tebow has lead the Broncos to six consecutive wins and a 7 – 1 record since taking over as the starter from Kyle Orton. But, Broncos vice president of football operations John Elway is clearly not a believer in Tebow as a the franchise’s future. So, while many people would consider trading Tebow sacrilegious (not to mention a bad football decision), Elway is without a doubt open to moving on from Tebow. Especially if it means acquiring the additional draft picks required to trade up in this year’s draft to take Andrew Luck, Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III. Or perhaps Elway thinks Gabbert has the physical characteristics and mental makeup that the Broncos legend can devlop into the quarterback of his team. Either way, Elway would seemingly welcome an easy way out of having to commit to Tebow for the long term.

Tebow’s impact on the value of the Jaguars franchise has the potential to be significant. Applying a multiple of seven to nine time cash flow in valuing an NFL franchise, the Tebow effect would only need to contribute an additional $12.5 million to annual cash flow to add $100 million to the team’s overall value. Forbes reported that Kahn paid $760 million for the team. So, if Tebow could add $12.5 million in revenues – a figure that seems reasonable if not low given that Tebow has transcended sports and is now in the same stratosphere as celebrities Lady Gaga and George Clooney – in his first year in Jacksonville then Kahn will have increased the value of the franchise by 13% in only one year. The prospect of creating that level of gain in such a short time period of time with one transaction has to excite a smart busineesman like Kahn and will be the force that brings Tim Tebow back to Jacksonville.

http://www.joshmcdanielssucks.com/2011/12/16/khan%E2%80%99s-one-step-plan-to-revive-jacksonville-jaguars-trade-for-tebow/

ClevelandBronco
12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
...If Kyle Orton and the Chiefs win Sunday, the Broncos' releasing of Orton on Nov. 22 will go down as one of the franchise's all-time boneheaded personnel moves.

Seriously? Have you been paying no attention at all for the last few years? This might not even make the top 10 of this century.

And it will be even less important if the Raiders lose.