PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs SI Don Banks thinks Crennel stays as HC, McDaniels as OC

Deberg_1990
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh joy!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/don_banks/12/29/black.monday.primer/index.html?sct=nfl_t11_a1

• Kansas City -- The Chiefs' coaching scenario seems the most tidy of all, and of course, the NFL is rarely tidy, so it probably can't happen the way we're envisioning. But here goes: Win or lose Sunday at Denver for Romeo Crennel (although a win and a 2-1 interim head coaching record makes the rationale a much easier sell), there's a pretty good shot he gets elevated to the full-time gig. League sources then expect Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli to go out and hire Rams offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels to the same post in Kansas City, with the expectation that McDaniels will be let go when Spagnuolo

Pioli will then have made his own locker room very happy with the retention of the popular Crennel, who he likes and greatly respects, but also will have put in a place a succession plan with the arrival of McDaniels, who could use another couple seasons to let the radioactivity from his failed Denver head coaching tenure die down. Crennel is 64, and gives Pioli a trusted short-term coaching option. McDaniels is 35, and gives Pioli a trusted long-term coaching option.

Both men are known quantities by Pioli, who will absolutely gravitate to the familiar in this hire, knowing he has to get it right in order to protect his own job security in light of the failed Todd Haley experiment in his first hiring decision. In McDaniels, there's the added bonus of having him work once again with Chiefs starting quarterback Matt Cassel, who he developed in New England. If McDaniels can get Cassel's game cleaned up, then the Chiefs aren't in the market for another starting quarterback option, other than maybe retaining Kyle Orton as Plan B. And McDaniels even worked with Orton in Denver and started 6-0 in 2009 with him under center.

With Crennel's great work with the K.C. defense, McDaniels overseeing the Chiefs offense, and Pioli having both stability and potential on hand, he'd be positioned about as well as he could have dreamed of being in the team's post-Haley era. As I said, this probably makes so much sense it can't possibly happen. But I'm willing to be wrong about my lack of faith. At least until Kansas City hires Kirk Ferentz away from the University of Iowa.

SAUTO
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
R
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
12-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Hopefully Romeo and McDaniels get AIDS so we don't hire them. Nobody wants to work with AIDS.

Bane
12-29-2011, 07:22 PM
FML!!!

Fritz88
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Anything but Cassel as our starting QB next season...anything
Posted via Mobile Device

Chiefs Pantalones
12-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Wait, wait, wait...so McDaniels is gonna learn from an already previously failed head coach in Crennel? How does failure + failure = success? So I suck and you suck, so I'm gonna learn from your suck so I don't repeat your suck...ok cool...so how do I get rid of my own suck? Who's gonna teach me that?

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I hope we lose 52-0 this week

Frazod
I guess McDouche as OC might be tolerable (I say that because with a real QB, Charles and Moeaki I think this offense will be McDouche-proof). And I'm okay with Crennel as head coach. I guess.

But if Cassel ends up being the third piece of this nasty little trifecta, I'm on strike until Pioli gets greased.

Bane
God hates the Chiefs.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-29-2011, 07:27 PM
I guess McDouche as OC might be tolerable (I say that because with a real QB, Charles and Moeaki I think this offense will be McDouche-proof). And I'm okay with Crennel as head coach. I guess.

But if Cassel ends up being the third piece of this nasty little trifecta, I'm on strike until Pioli gets greased.

McDaniels means Cassel is back next year, IMO. How does it not?

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Might as well get used to the idea because everything I've been told is that it's going to happen.

Romeo will also likely bring in Mel Tucker as his default coordinator, although he'll still continue to run the defense.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm really not against McDaniels as an OC. The Rams experiment didn't work because of philosophy differences with the HC, and him being asked to run a pseudo West Coast offense when he's only comfortable with a spread attack.

Deberg_1990
12-29-2011, 07:30 PM

Who knows? McDaniels obviously likes Orton too.

Bugeater
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Please fucking kill me.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM

QB battle royale?

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Might as well get used to the idea because everything I've been told is that it's going to happen.

Romeo will also likely bring in Mel Tucker as his default coordinator, although he'll still continue to run the defense.

Oh great we're going to be the Cleveland Browns of 2004-2007 with the same fucking staff, similar QB situation, and a GM who is like Phil Savage. Fuck me

KCUnited
12-29-2011, 07:35 PM
McDaniels as OC = HC in waiting.

Frazod
12-29-2011, 07:36 PM

Hopefully this. Because I'm done with Matt fucking Cassel.

ShowtimeSBMVP

Wont get that far everyone will be fired in 2 years .

the Talking Can

we are well and truly fucked

Bane
12-29-2011, 07:37 PM

Yep.

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 07:38 PM
JUST DEVELOP A FRACKING LEGIT FRANCHISE QB PLZ

KCUnited
12-29-2011, 07:38 PM

Romeo is a Mixed Plate away from John Candy.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
McDaniels wanted/likes Cassel so that would appeal to Pioli IF he still is sold on Cassel as a starting QB.

cabletech94
12-29-2011, 07:43 PM
we are going to suck for luck, one year too late sadly.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2011, 07:44 PM

i wouldn't worry about that because if it doesn't work out then Pioli is gone too.

Brock
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM

Todd Haley won't be fired.

el borracho
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
Crennel, McDaniels, Cassel and Orton? Sounds like the recipe for another 10-6 AFCW crown and another episode of unwanted prison sex in the first round of the playoffs.

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh great we're going to be the Cleveland Browns of 2004-2007 with the same ****ing staff, similar QB situation, and a GM who is like Phil Savage. **** me

say what you want, but PHIL FUCKING SAVAGE ACTUALLY HAD THE BALLS TO DRAFT A QB IN THE FIRST ROUND (brady quinn). he sucked, but at least they rolled the fucking dice. I was a fucking newborn the last time we had the balls, and I doubt ANYBODY here could name the gm.

go ahead, think about it for a minute... I had to google it myself...

jim fucking schaaf. yeah.

jim schaaf. 28 years ago. fuck my life.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-29-2011, 07:48 PM
I know it's early, but I'm kind of sad we hired Pioli. I mean, this is what we get with him as GM? First Haley, then Crennel, and next he'll be fired. If he were a free agent or a draft pick, he'd be approaching bust status. I was expecting ooos and ahhhs with draft picks and player pick ups and what have you, etc. I'm really not that impressed...yet.

KCUnited
12-29-2011, 07:49 PM
Good thing Romeo is a spry 64 with no concerns of him stepping down voluntarily.

dirk digler
12-29-2011, 07:50 PM
I was listening to Petro yesterday and he predicted this to happen as well. The reason being is because this is a cheap hire for the Hunts so that is what will happen.

el borracho
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
Pioli is building a decent roster but he's building it around a black hole. If Pioli can't figure out how to get a legit QB in here in the next two years (already looks impossible for 2012) then he should get the axe.

Frazod
12-29-2011, 07:51 PM
I was listening to Petro yesterday and he predicted this to happen as well. The reason being is because this is a cheap hire for the Hunts so that is what will happen.

I wish the Hunts would fire themselves and sell the team to somebody who actually gives a shit about winning.

All this shit starts with them and always has.

notorious
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
I wish the Hunts would fire themselves and sell the team to somebody who actually gives a shit about winning.

Assasination FTW.

dirk digler
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Yep and I am thinking more people are getting the picture. Petro was on fire yesterday about the Hunts and how cheap they are and only care about making their money back on the stadium and how they don't care about winning.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Oh great we're going to be the Cleveland Browns of 2004-2007 with the same ****ing staff, similar QB situation, and a GM who is like Phil Savage. **** me

Pioli isn't close to Phil Savage. That's just a ridiculous statement.

Phil Savage was one of the worst GM's in NFL History. That team had next to no talent.

Frazod
12-29-2011, 07:55 PM
Assasination FTW.

I think I'll just become a Saints fan and hope that Brees suffers a season ending injury so that Daniel can become the starter.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 07:56 PM
Yep and I am thinking more people are getting the picture. Petro was on fire yesterday about the Hunts and how cheap they are and only care about making their money back on the stadium and how they don't care about winning.

When I canceled my ST on Tuesday, they asked why.

I said do you have an hour?

stonedstooge
12-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Brees doesn't have a contract for next year

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 07:57 PM

Phil Savage was one of the worst GM's in NFL History. That team had next to no talent.

least he had the balls to pick a QB in the first.

Mr. Laz
12-29-2011, 07:59 PM
least he had the balls to pick a QB in the first.and that's the only thing that matters

:doh!:

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
and that's the only thing that matters

...considering that this is a QB-driven league, fuck yes it is. TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT YEARS SINCE WE'VE ROLLED THE DICE.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
least he had the balls to pick a QB in the first.

So if Pioli takes Case Keenum in the first, he's bulletproof?

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:02 PM
...considering that this is a QB-driven league, **** yes it is. TWENTY ****ING EIGHT YEARS SINCE WE'VE ROLLED THE DICE.

Just because you go to the dance stag, doesn't mean you should just dance with the first fucking slob that pays attention to you.

Frazod
12-29-2011, 08:03 PM
...considering that this is a QB-driven league, fuck yes it is. TWENTY FUCKING EIGHT YEARS SINCE WE'VE ROLLED THE DICE.

With our luck we'll get the next Ryan Leaf. :banghead:

notorious
12-29-2011, 08:04 PM
I think I'll just become a Saints fan and hope that Brees suffers a season ending injury so that Daniel can become the starter.

Come on, man, put that new Trijicon gear to use.

BigMeatballDave
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
and that's the only thing that matters

Pretty much.

Frazod
12-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Come on, man, put that new Trijicon gear to use.

Sorry, ain't none of these clowns worth a pound-me-in-the-ass prison.

Besides, my baseball team has won two championships in the past five years. My psyche is Chiefs-proof for at least the next couple of years. :D

Coogs
12-29-2011, 08:06 PM
If McDaniels can get Cassel's game cleaned up, then the Chiefs aren't in the market for another starting quarterback option, other than maybe retaining Kyle Orton as Plan B.

:spock: He's going to clean up Cassel's game by the start of free agency?

Mr. Laz
12-29-2011, 08:06 PM
...considering that this is a QB-driven league, **** yes it is. TWENTY ****ING EIGHT YEARS SINCE WE'VE ROLLED THE DICE.

I disagree/Bradford (from his hospital bed)

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 08:10 PM

And most of the talent on this team was brought in by Herm & Carl.

dirk digler
12-29-2011, 08:23 PM
When I canceled my ST on Tuesday, they asked why.

I said do you have an hour?

lol can't say I blame you. This next head coach hire will say a lot about the Hunts.

FAX
12-29-2011, 08:35 PM

I think it's a bad idea. Actually, I don't see Clark hiring a known and previously convicted serial cheater.

But mainly, I think it's bad because McDumbflub already alienated Orton, so Orton will be gone ... no great loss there ... but, as you say, it would also probably mean that Cassel would continue on as our magnificent Quarterback Of The Foreseeable Eternity And Beyond. That would be very bad because it means more time wasted as our best players peak without accomplishing anything meaningful ... once again.

The problem we have is that there aren't a heck of a lot of available coaches that meet Dr. Evil's criteria ... or who would want to coach the Chiefs at this point.

I am sad as a sunken can of discount refried pinto beans at the bottom of the ocean ... in a trench ... stuck in the gooey soil ... covered with algae ... attacked by giant unheard-of transparent luminescent fish.

FAX

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:36 PM
And most of the talent on this team was brought in by Herm & Carl.

The guy who bought the groceries is never more valuable than the guy who cooks the food.

Carl had more failure drafts than anyone, but it's hilarious how people want to bend over backwards now to compliment him for drafting Bowe, Flowers, Carr, Charles, Albert, DJ, Hali and Dorsey.

Nevermind the reason we are truly an awful team is because of the drafts CP orchestrated in the 2000s.

Looking up draft picks strictly based if they are still in the league from 2000-2007, there are only 12 players still playing on an active roster today in the NFL.

12 out of 59 players. That's fucking awful.

Of those 12 players, only 5 turned into true studs for the Chiefs. Hali, DJ, Colquitt, Bowe and Jared Allen.

I also have a lot of doubts that Hali ever would have become this type of player playing in a 4-3, whether DJ would have ever settled on a spot and if Bowe would have developed like he did under the Carl/Herm watch.

Yeah, 2008 draft was great, but it's amazing how no one talks about the shit drafts those clowns had prior. That A draft shouldn't erase the 8 years of F's Carl posted prior.

I don't think Pioli is some savior and I wish we had another GM, but he's managed to keep the ascending players here without messy contract negotiations, and has hired some coaches who have gotten real talent out of the superstar players we have.

FAX
12-29-2011, 08:40 PM
More than 8, Mr. The Bad Guy.

This one time, we ran a tape on Carl's drafts here on Chiefsplanet and it was seriously horrific to contemplate. When you look at how many guys were even moderately successful in the NFL (like on a roster somewhere), Carl was/is probably the worst drafting GM in the league during his tenure/reign of terror.

FAX

Epic Fail 007
12-29-2011, 08:42 PM
but banks is anything but an expert most everything he say dose not happen

Epic Fail 007
12-29-2011, 08:43 PM
banks is like whitlock just spouts bs to get attention

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
So if Pioli takes Case Keenum in the first, he's bulletproof?

you're better than that, man.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:45 PM
The year's he took Hali and Bowe, there are only 3 starters in the entire league. Bowe, Hali and Pollard. There are 9 players no longer even playing football. Turk McBride is a backup in NO, and Herb Taylor signed somwhere I can't remember.

9 players out of a potential 14 aren't even in the league from drafts just 5-6 years ago.

That's horrific. But yes, let's continue to put that moron on a pedestal because he managed to have one A draft this past decade.

Carl Peterson is a large, large reason why this team continues to suck to this day.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:46 PM
you're better than that, man.

You're telling me that Phil Savage should be praised because he had the nerve to take a first round QB. Nevermind that the guy is terrible and is currently carrying a clipboard 5 years later.

Out of 3 drafts, what can't miss QB did Pioli pass on?

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 08:49 PM
The guy who bought the groceries is never more valuable than the guy who cooks the food.

Carl had more failure drafts than anyone, but it's hilarious how people want to bend over backwards now to compliment him for drafting Bowe, Flowers, Carr, Charles, Albert, DJ, Hali and Dorsey.

Nevermind the reason we are truly an awful team is because of the drafts CP orchestrated in the 2000s.

Looking up draft picks strictly based if they are still in the league from 2000-2007, there are only 12 players still playing on an active roster today in the NFL.

12 out of 59 players. That's ****ing awful.

Of those 12 players, only 5 turned into true studs for the Chiefs. Hali, DJ, Colquitt, Bowe and Jared Allen.

I also have a lot of doubts that Hali ever would have become this type of player playing in a 4-3, whether DJ would have ever settled on a spot and if Bowe would have developed like he did under the Carl/Herm watch.

Yeah, 2008 draft was great, but it's amazing how no one talks about the shit drafts those clowns had prior. That A draft shouldn't erase the 8 years of F's Carl posted prior.

I don't think Pioli is some savior and I wish we had another GM, but he's managed to keep the ascending players here without messy contract negotiations, and has hired some coaches who have gotten real talent out of the superstar players we have.

No BadGuy the reason we were so horrible from 07 to current is because we hired a 60 something year old coach who was in win now mode. Romeo is the same damn way. It's history repeating itself.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:52 PM
No BadGuy the reason we were so horrible from 07 to current is because we hired a 60 something year old coach who was in win now mode. Romeo is the same damn way. It's history repeating itself.

Vermeil wasn't here in 2006/2007, and there are virtually no similarities between him and Romeo.

Romeo would inherit a really young team across the board. Vermeil built a veteran team to win now.

It's not even close to the same damn way.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm talking the reason we are terrible now. We are terrible now because there's nothing from those drafts 2006/2007 drafts on this team except Bowe and Hali.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Vermeil wasn't here in 2006/2007, and there are virtually no similarities between him and Romeo.

Romeo would inherit a really young team across the board. Vermeil built a veteran team to win now.

It's not even close to the same damn way.

We were bad in 2006/2007 because we were in win now mode the previous years. With Crennel as the coach it's almost assured that we won't draft a QB in round 1 because the guy has 3 or 4 years left to coach.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM
We were bad in 2006/2007 because we were in win now mode the previous years. With Crennel as the coach it's almost assured that we won't draft a QB in round 1 because the guy has 3 or 4 years left to coach.

I'm talking drafts. The 2006/2007 drafts had nothing to do with Vermeil or his win now mode

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm talking the reason we are terrible now. We are terrible now because there's nothing from those drafts 2006/2007 drafts on this team except Bowe and Hali.

What about 2008?

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 09:00 PM
You're telling me that Phil Savage should be praised because he had the nerve to take a first round QB. Nevermind that the guy is terrible and is currently carrying a clipboard 5 years later.

Out of 3 drafts, what can't miss QB did Pioli pass on?

he was perceived as a first round value.

case keenum is NOT.

apples/oranges.

2009... I'm no sanchez fan NOW (I was then), but who's to say he wouldn't be better out of the new york limelight? josh freeman wasn't an obvious answer then (did anybody consider him top ten worthy?), but he'd be nice right about now.

that's IGNORING the fact that (I recall reading a while back) matt stafford wasn't COMPLETELY en vogue for the lions--they may have been willing to trade back for a second and fourth rounder. so, add him to the list.

2010... I wanted jimmy clausen (and heh, he could be had cheap now). I'd like to have him developing on the bench rather than the waste of space dexter mccluster.

2011...andy dalton and colin kaepernick were both available after our trade-down. I like me some jon baldwin, but WR is MUCH less important than QB.

long story short? WE HAVEN'T EVEN ****ING TRIED.

the word from 1 arrowhead drive is that PIOLI BELIEVES he's tied to ****ing CASSEL, and won't cut him any time soon. you trust THAT, frank?

the word is ALSO that they don't see stanzi as anything more than a FUTURE BACKUP EXTRAORDINAIRE.

it can be concluded that THIS FRANCHISE DOESN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:04 PM
What about 2008?

Again, you want to praise him for hitting on one draft out of 8?

If you are going to praise Carl, I have nothing for ya. I really think it's selective bullshit reasoning. People want to castrate Pioli over 2009, wtih good reason, but he's had 2 solid drafts back to back.

Carl Peterson never had a solid back to back draft. Ever.

This team sucks because of the QB and some ridiculous free agency moves Pioli has/hasn't made. It also sucks because of the way Carl drafted.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Again, you want to praise him for hitting on one draft out of 8?

If you are going to praise Carl, I have nothing for ya. I really think it's selective bullshit reasoning. People want to castrate Pioli over 2009, wtih good reason, but he's had 2 solid drafts back to back.

Carl Peterson never had a solid back to back draft. Ever.

This team sucks because of the QB and some ridiculous free agency moves Pioli has/hasn't made. It also sucks because of the way Carl drafted.

I'm not praising Carl but pointing out the best players on this team are from the Peterson regime. We'll be into season 4 of Pioli here soon and there's not much to show for it in terms of talent. A few good draft picks and a bunch of free agents who either sucked or were productive for a year.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:06 PM

case keenum is NOT.

apples/oranges.

2009... I'm no sanchez fan NOW (I was then), but who's to say he wouldn't be better out of the new york limelight? josh freeman wasn't an obvious answer then (did anybody consider him top ten worthy?), but he'd be nice right about now.

that's IGNORING the fact that (I recall reading a while back) matt stafford wasn't COMPLETELY en vogue for the lions--they may have been willing to trade back for a second and fourth rounder. so, add him to the list.

2010... I wanted jimmy clausen (and heh, he could be had cheap now). I'd like to have him developing on the bench rather than the waste of space dexter mccluster.

2011...andy dalton and colin kaepernick were both available after our trade-down. I like me some jon baldwin, but WR is MUCH less important than QB.

the word from 1 arrowhead drive is that PIOLI BELIEVES he's tied to ****ing CASSEL, and won't cut him any time soon. you trust THAT, frank?

the word is ALSO that they don't see stanzi as anything more than a FUTURE BACKUP EXTRAORDINAIRE.

it can be concluded that THIS FRANCHISE DOESN'T GIVE A **** ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD.

The whole NY spotlight stuff is just a convenient excuse. Sanchez was really good in 2 straight playoffs, so he can obviously handle some sort of pressure.

What he can't do is make adjustments, hit open receivers and go through progressions. He's just an awful QB that has been masked by a great offensive line and a stud running game. When both of those broke down over the last 6 weeks, you saw the real Sanchez.

-King-
12-29-2011, 09:09 PM

case keenum is NOT.

apples/oranges.

I'm confused. So even in hindsight, you wish Pioli would have drafted these players?

What the fuck?

I understand wanting a 1st round QB and I want one also, but Pioli hasn't missed on any good QBs since he's been here.

This whole "WE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED", thing is bullshit. I don't want a GM that just drafts players just to say he tried. I want one with foresight to see if a player will be good or bad, and so far, Pioli has been right to not draft any QB so far. Can't blame him for that.

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 09:10 PM
The whole NY spotlight stuff is just a convenient excuse. Sanchez was really good in 2 straight playoffs, so he can obviously handle some sort of pressure.

What he can't do is make adjustments, hit open receivers and go through progressions. He's just an awful QB that has been masked by a great offensive line and a stud running game. When both of those broke down over the last 6 weeks, you saw the real Sanchez.

go ahead and latch onto the sanchez comment and ignore the underlying issue, highlighted here:

so yeah. if case keenum was perceived value in the first or even second round, I'd take my last statement back. until otherwise proven, I repeat: THIS FRANCHISE DOESN'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION ON THE FIELD.

go ahead, dispute it. the team that CONTINUES to put faith in cassel and last spent a first on a QB WHEN I WAS AN INFANT really cares about the QB position.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Dudes making 7 million dollars and is supposedly the best in football yet can't find a better QB than Cassel? Come on man.

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Wait, wait, wait...so McDaniels is gonna learn from an already previously failed head coach in Crennel? How does failure + failure = success? So I suck and you suck, so I'm gonna learn from your suck so I don't repeat your suck...ok cool...so how do I get rid of my own suck? Who's gonna teach me that?

ROFL Careful, you are making the dumbshit Romeosexuals heads spin.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm not praising Carl but pointing out the best players on this team are from the Peterson regime. We'll be into season 4 of Pioli here soon and there's not much to show for it in terms of talent. A few good draft picks and a bunch of free agents who either sucked or were productive for a year.

Do you think they'd turn into these players with Herm or any other Carl Peterson tree HC?

Carl's another GM who never left his comfort zone.

A few good draft picks? He's had far more than a few good picks. Berry, Bailey, Houston, Succop, and Kendrick Lewis were really good value picks. That's not even including the other's that made a contribution.

I'll say it again. The GM's job is not only to buy groceries, but to hire cooks that can make the food.

He never could do that with the draft and developing talent this decade except for Jared Allen. One player he drafted and developed under his watch.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Do you think they'd turn into these players with Herm or any other Carl Peterson tree HC?

Carl's another GM who never left his comfort zone.

A few good draft picks? He's had far more than a few good picks. Berry, Bailey, Houston, Succop, and Kendrick Lewis were really good value picks. That's not even including the other's that made a contribution.

I'll say it again. The GM's job is not only to buy groceries, but to hire cooks that can make the food.

He never could do that with the draft and developing talent this decade except for Jared Allen. One player he drafted and developed under his watch.

Bailey?!?! He's had like 1 sack this year and is a part time player. Houston could be good, Succop ok a kicker? Kendrick Lewis is average. That's not very impressive for a guy who was dubbed executive of the decade.

Albert was a damn good LT his first year, Dorsey was productive, Flowers & Carr played well for rookies. "The Food" was cooked pretty well if you ask me.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
His 2 biggest hires failed miserably: Cassel & Haley. The guy should be on the hot seat and hiring a 64 year old coach who sucked is an awful move.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:16 PM
Dudes making 7 million dollars and is supposedly the best in football yet can't find a better QB than Cassel? Come on man.

Pioli's making 7 million? Since when?

He's making 5 million a year. Which is the same money that Carl Peterson stole per year from 2000-2009 when he was the team president and GM.

No one is saying he's the best in football. What I am reading is that we should all just bow down to someone who hit 1 out of 8.

I'm no Pioli fan anymore, but the ex-girlfriend syndrome for Carl Peterson makes me ill.

Ebolapox
12-29-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm confused. So even in hindsight, you wish Pioli would have drafted these players?

What the ****?

I understand wanting a 1st round QB and I want one also, but Pioli hasn't missed on any good QBs since he's been here.

This whole "WE SHOULD HAVE AT LEAST TRIED", thing is bullshit. I don't want a GM that just drafts players just to say he tried. I want one with foresight to see if a player will be good or bad, and so far, Pioli has been right to not draft any QB so far. Can't blame him for that.

he asked for QBs we passed on that may have had a chance here. I provided him with more than one. it's impossible to know, given circumstances, how ANY of them would have done here. it's been said, but aaron rodgers may not have been any good had we picked him in 2005.

look. would I like for us to absolutely go willy-nilly and say 'JUST DO IT SO YOU CAN SAY YOU TRIED?' no. BUT DON'T FUCKING IGNORE THE POSITION.

matt cassel. I repeat... MATT CASSEL... will most likely be the starting QB for our team next year. AFTER ALL THE SHITTY PERFORMANCES, OUR GM IS APPARENTLY RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND CASSEL.

THAT is where you're putting your trust? I CAN blame him for that, and for not spending even a flier (andy dalton, jimmy clausen, colin kaepernick) late first/early second on a QB. I absolutely can, and it's rather obvious that pioli will be nothing more than a patriot-way carl peterson.

boogblaster
12-29-2011, 09:21 PM
If the QB hire is not .. we ****ed no matter who coaches or gm's ......

hometeam
12-29-2011, 09:23 PM
McDaniels can suck it.

dirk digler
12-29-2011, 09:24 PM
His 2 biggest hires failed miserably: Cassel & Haley. The guy should be on the hot seat and hiring a 64 year old coach who sucked is an awful move.

There is not a more secure job in the world than being the GM of the Chiefs

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Bailey?!?! He's had like 1 sack this year and is a part time player. Houston could be good, Succop ok a kicker? Kendrick Lewis is average. That's not very impressive for a guy who was dubbed executive of the decade.

Albert was a damn good LT his first year, Dorsey was productive, Flowers & Carr played well for rookies. "The Food" was cooked pretty well if you ask me.

Do you even know what draft value means? Bailey has played good football as a rookie 3rd round pick that's been a rotational lineman. Lewis as a 5th round safety has played above his draft position. Houston could be good? The guy already is a good football player. You want to praise Dorsey's rookie year but then want to say "Houston could be good".

Dorsey was awful his rookie year. Flowers and Carr were ascending, I'll give you that. Albert played well.

But Bowe and Hali were never reaching this potential, and I doubt Charles would have either because Carl was married to LJ.

Carl Peterson was given enough chances and failed miserably. Just because Pioli has his problems shouldn't erase that memory. Some of the credit for this team being bad still has to go to Carl.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:25 PM
Pioli's making 7 million? Since when?

He's making 5 million a year. Which is the same money that Carl Peterson stole per year from 2000-2009 when he was the team president and GM.

No one is saying he's the best in football. What I am reading is that we should all just bow down to someone who hit 1 out of 8.

I'm no Pioli fan anymore, but the ex-girlfriend syndrome for Carl Peterson makes me ill.

JFC dude nowhere did I say I wish Carl Peterson was the GM I was simply pointing out the core of this team are Peterson picks. 5 mil 7 mil I don't give a fuck it's splitting hairs. The fact is Pioli was labeled by many as the best GM candidate possible and overall he's sucked at his job. It's bullshit this team had a chance to win the division no this year no thanks to him and had he actually done his job spent some money to acquire depth we'd be cheering for this team to win this week to make the playoffs.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:27 PM
There is not a more secure job in the world than being the GM of the Chiefs

That is correct.

Pioli is never getting run out of here. We might as well get used to him.

Carl Peterson had a golden ticket while having one of the worst draft records ever throughout this past decade.

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Do you even know what draft value means? Bailey has played good football as a rookie 3rd round pick that's been a rotational lineman. Lewis as a 5th round safety has played above his draft position. Houston could be good? The guy already is a good football player. You want to praise Dorsey's rookie year but then want to say "Houston could be good".

Bailey has 8 tackles and 1 sack that's great value?

Justin Houston is a good pass rusher but a liability in pass coverage and has been getting beat all year. Thankfully the last month he's been able to hold the edge better vs the run. Yes he could be a good player.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:28 PM
JFC dude nowhere did I say I wish Carl Peterson was the GM I was simply pointing out the core of this team are Peterson picks. 5 mil 7 mil I don't give a **** it's splitting hairs. The fact is Pioli was labeled by many as the best GM candidate possible and overall he's sucked at his job. It's bullshit this team had a chance to win the division no this year no thanks to him and had he actually done his job spent some money to acquire depth we'd be cheering for this team to win this week to make the playoffs.

The constant problem in all of this is Clark Hunt.

He was labeled as this 3 years ago. He was praised last year when they were winning. But you'd be hardpressed to see one person calling him the best GM in the NFL now.

ClevelandBronco
12-29-2011, 09:30 PM
Pioli is building a decent roster but he's building it around a black hole...

Yes, but...

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:31 PM
The constant problem in all of this is Clark Hunt.

Agree.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 09:31 PM

Justin Houston is a good pass rusher but a liability in pass coverage and has been getting beat all year. Thankfully the last month he's been able to hold the edge better vs the run. Yes he could be a good player.

He's already a good player. What 3-4 outside backers are good in coverage? Houston never had to cover a soul in college.

Yes, because stats are going to tell the whole story for a rookie playing in rush situations on the interior of the 3-4 d line. Bailey

tyler360
12-29-2011, 09:32 PM
I think you need to slow down on the Jamaal Charles being developed.

Too many times I saw LJ 2.7 run up the centers ass while JC sat on the bench.

dirk digler
12-29-2011, 09:35 PM
That is correct.

Pioli is never getting run out of here. We might as well get used to him.

Carl Peterson had a golden ticket while having one of the worst draft records ever throughout this past decade.

Yep. Clark has found his own Carl Peterson

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 09:39 PM
He's already a good player. What 3-4 outside backers are good in coverage? Houston never had to cover a soul in college.

Yes, because stats are going to tell the whole story for a rookie playing in rush situations on the interior of the 3-4 d line. Bailey

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'm a huge Justin Houston fan but i'm just being honest he might be the worst OLB in coverage in the league. No reason this can't improve.

As for Bailey, well I've watched every game this year and I haven't seen him do much.

ILChief
12-29-2011, 09:40 PM

The problem isn't that Justin Houston is a liability in pass coverage. The problem was that he was being dropped back into pass coverage to begin with. He's a pass rusher. How are/were DT, Tamba, Jared Allen, etc. in pass coverage?

KCBOSS1
12-29-2011, 10:06 PM
I honestly can't even comprehend that with the 3 absolutely sucky years as our QB that Cassel would still even be in consideration as the starting QB. But I know if McD's comes in here, that's the plan.

KCBOSS1
12-29-2011, 10:07 PM
I hope that I'm wrong, but that seems to be the Pioli blind side.

malachi47000
12-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Per NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8258603b/article/patriots-oc-obrien-emerging-as-headcoaching-candidate

"...One job that could intrigue O'Brien is with the Kansas City Chiefs, according to a source familiar with his thinking. The team is considering lifting the "interim coach" label from Romeo Crennel and promoting him, with an offensive-minded "coach in waiting" joining the staff, according to league sources.

Josh McDaniels, currently the offensive coordinator for the St. Louis Rams, also will be a candidate for that role in Kansas City and the head-coaching position, given his relationship with general manager Scott Pioli and prior work with quarterback Matt Cassel from their Patriots days.

O'Brien also worked with Pioli in New England, worked with Cassel and knows the system and terminology.

In an offseason in which seven teams or more could be interviewing head-coaching candidates, and at a time when there are fewer "hot coordinators" than normal, O'Brien's stock is on the rise. Playoff success with the Patriots would only boost his profile...."

MUCH BETTER OPTION THAN JOSH MCDOUCHE

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Romeo makes it hard for me to hate the Cheaps

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 10:36 PM
Fire Romeo, we want him as a DC

stonedstooge
12-29-2011, 10:38 PM
Fire Romeo, we want him as a DC

Is that demon-eyed son of Als in charge of hiring and firing coaches in Oakland now?

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 10:41 PM
Is that demon-eyed son of Als in charge of hiring and firing coaches in Oakland now?

Seriously, I think he is hands off for now, I think Amy and Hue call the shots but I think a GM is in our future

tredadda
12-29-2011, 10:50 PM
I have no issues with either Romeo or McDaniels as our OC. I am just scared that it might mean Cassel will be our starting QB next year.

tredadda
12-29-2011, 10:52 PM
I honestly can't even comprehend that with the 3 absolutely sucky years as our QB that Cassel would still even be in consideration as the starting QB. But I know if McD's comes in here, that's the plan.

Last year wasn't sucky for him though. At least in the eyes of the front office and sports casters and the so called experts. Some Chiefs fans were even fooled. He also had a good year with NE. It seems like he has a decent season every other year. Sadly the front office might think that he is due for a good one next year.

stonedstooge
12-29-2011, 10:53 PM
If Pioli is placing his bet with Crennel, McDaniels and Cassel, he's more of an idiot than I already thought he was

malachi47000
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
I have no issues with either Romeo or McDaniels as our OC. I am just scared that it might mean Cassel will be our starting QB next year.

I think Cassel being our starter next year is inevitable...WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PIOLI HERE. Our only hope is that they keep Orton as well if they decide not to pick up a QB in the draft next year.

If they do decide to drop him, next year will be the cheapest of the last 3 on his contract.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
O'Brien would only be coming here as the HC. The Pats aren't going to let him make a lateral move to the Chiefs as OC - HC in waiting.

Okie_Apparition
12-29-2011, 10:59 PM
How on earth do you have the nickname Egoli & not have the balls to be your own man
Jimeny Crickets

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 11:01 PM
O'Brien would only be coming here as the HC. The Pats aren't going to let him make a lateral move to the Chiefs as OC - HC in waiting.

However, it's very difficult to secure top coordinators in the NFL -- teams routinely block permission for assistants to interview for lateral moves -- and O'Brien's contract status makes him, in essence, a free agent Working in O'Brien's favor is the fact his contract is set to expire

Pats would have no say

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 11:01 PM
We can't interview O'Brien til the Patriots are out right?

malachi47000
12-29-2011, 11:03 PM

IF O'Brien is a Free Agent then wouldn't matter. If however he would come over as a HC, would he keep Romeo? Would Romeo want to be a DC or try his luck on a different team?

Titty Meat
12-29-2011, 11:04 PM
He's coached at Duke, Maryland, The Browns Inside linebckers, and the Patriots offense for a year. Imfuckingpressive!

Caseyguyrr
12-29-2011, 11:04 PM
why is everyone sucking on the nuts of josh mcdaniels. FML

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
why is everyone sucking on the nuts of josh mcdaniels. FML

McD loves Matt Cassell

malachi47000
12-29-2011, 11:06 PM
McD loves Matt Cassell

nobody can help Cassel...he has fail written all over him.

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 11:07 PM
nobody can help Cassel...he has fail written all over him.

Well if McD is the OC you can bet your ass Cassell will be the QB

malachi47000
12-29-2011, 11:08 PM

all the more reason we should sign and keep Orton as well, in case the "experiment" goes south.

ShowtimeSBMVP

who is cassell?

Caseyguyrr
i guess i just dont get it, he is the coordinator of one of the worst offenses the league has ever seen, and our team couldnt seem to want him more...

The Bad Guy
However, it's very difficult to secure top coordinators in the NFL -- teams routinely block permission for assistants to interview for lateral moves -- and O'Brien's contract status makes him, in essence, a free agent Working in O'Brien's favor is the fact his contract is set to expire

Pats would have no say

Let's be real here for one minute. He's not leaving the Patriots and Tom Brady to coach Matt Cassel/Kyle Orton/Ricky Stanzi unless you are doubling his salary, promising him a HC job after Romeo leaves.

I would agree that he's a very hot candidate and there will be tons of competition for his services.

It's going to get real interesting in about 2 weeks. I think it's Romeo's job essentially, but the moving parts around him will be fun to track.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
i guess i just dont get it, he is the coordinator of one of the worst offenses the league has ever seen, and our team couldnt seem to want him more...

It was a bad fit from the start. Spagnuolo wants a more west coast offense, yet he hires someone like McDaniels to call the offense.

McDaniels is a spread coordinator. He's not a WC guy.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Let's be real here for one minute. He's not leaving the Patriots and Tom Brady to coach Matt Cassel/Kyle Orton/Ricky Stanzi unless you are doubling his salary, promising him a HC job after Romeo leaves.

I would agree that he's a very hot candidate and there will be tons of competition for his services.

It's going to get real interesting in about 2 weeks. I think it's Romeo's job essentially, but the moving parts around him will be fun to track.

I agree Crennel will be coach Mcdaniels OC and cassel as QB in 2012 hello 6-10

-King-
12-29-2011, 11:11 PM

The Chiefs can call him an assistant head coach so it wouldn't be a lateral move.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree Crennel will be coach Mcdaniels OC and cassel as QB in 2012 hello 6-10

I strongly think that if Romeo is here, that Cassel won't be.

Caseyguyrr
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
this will be the death of pioli

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-29-2011, 11:15 PM

From your lips to God's ears hope you are right.

Caseyguyrr
12-29-2011, 11:17 PM

wouldnt that be nice

FloridaMan88
12-29-2011, 11:18 PM
Seriously, I think he is hands off for now, I think Amy and Hue call the shots but I think a GM is in our future

There is a bright future... not.

Amy the dirty Raider whore and Hue the dumbshit who traded away the future for a washed up Carson Palmer.

Al's rotting corpse would be better than Whore and Dumbshit.

R8RFAN
12-29-2011, 11:24 PM
There is a bright future... not.

Amy the dirty Raider whore and Hue the dumbshit who traded away the future for a washed up Carson Palmer.

Al's rotting corpse would be better than Whore and Dumbshit.

LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO Says the fan of a team that never is in the SB and never wins playoff games...

Mr_Tomahawk
12-29-2011, 11:27 PM

If that is the case...

Romeo for HC in 2012!

tredadda
12-29-2011, 11:28 PM

I so hope you are right about that.

The Bad Guy
12-29-2011, 11:31 PM
LMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO Says the fan of a team that never is in the SB and never wins playoff games...

I always loved this line of thinking as a rebuttal. Like rooting for a bad team automatically disqualifies you from an accurate opinion about another team.

Royal Fanatic
12-29-2011, 11:32 PM

I strongly think you are wrong.

BossChief
12-29-2011, 11:44 PM
Dude has a temper that runs every bit as hot as Haleys.

He damn near came out swinging at Tom Brady a few weeks back.

MMXcalibur
12-30-2011, 12:13 AM
McDaniels? No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no ...etc.

NO

Sorter
12-30-2011, 01:23 AM
I'm really not against McDaniels as an OC. The Rams experiment didn't work because of philosophy differences with the HC, and him being asked to run a pseudo West Coast offense when he's only comfortable with a spread attack.

Agreed, to an extent. While I would prefer Norv be hired as our OC, I would not be upset by having McD over Muir/Zorn. McD can work with QB's, and as long as he doesn't neglect our running game with Charles back, I would be okay with it. I'm not refusing to acknowledge the disappoint he has had with the Rams this year, however there has been quite a few significant injuries. If we do bring in McD, I really would like an experienced OL coach to help with Hudson and Asamoah.

Tribal Warfare
12-30-2011, 01:30 AM
Dude has a temper that runs every bit as hot as Haleys.

He damn near came out swinging at Tom Brady a few weeks back.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uu9TKEKia9s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he'd have a coronary with Cassel

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2011, 01:35 AM
He's coached at Duke, Maryland, The Browns Inside linebckers, and the Patriots offense for a year. Imfuckingpressive!

No offense but your boy Chud resume isn't that much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 01:58 AM
No offense but your boy Chud resume isn't that much better.
Posted via Mobile Device

You want to compare where they've worked and what they've worked with? Chud is much better.

12-30-2011, 02:05 AM
McDaniels? No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no ...etc.

NOSo what is it you are trying to say?

ChiefsCountry
12-30-2011, 02:05 AM
You want to compare where they've worked and what they've worked with? Chud is much better.

Ill take the Pats over the Browns, Panthers, and chargers. To be honest I don't want neither One of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 02:13 AM
Ill take the Pats over the Browns, Panthers, and chargers. To be honest I don't want neither One of them.
Posted via Mobile Device

Panthers have the 5th ranked offense this year with a rookie QB. The season Anderson was a pro bowler Chud was the OC. He was the tight end coach at Miami that brought in Franks, Shockey, and another NFL guy forget his name. The guy is more than qualified. All O'Brien has done is been part of the tree.

-King-
12-30-2011, 04:06 AM

With contract up, O’Brien could be on the move
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 29, 2011, 9:43 PM EST
Romeo Crennel AP

There is a lot of drama surrounding Kansas City’s season finale, but Sunday’s game will quickly be forgotten in Kansas City in the days that follow.

The Chiefs need to find a head coach. Speculation has centered around G.M. Scott Pioli possibly removing the “interim” tag from Romeo Crennel’s title.

Crennel would then need to add an offensive coordinator, with Josh McDaniels a likely candidate. NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora believes another option could emerge.

Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien’s contract expires at the end of the season. That essentially makes him a free agent and someone that could leave New England, even for a lateral move. La Canfora reports O’Brien is also expected to receive “overtures” to interview for head coaching gigs. (It’s possible he could interview for the Chiefs’ top job.)

The fact this news was leaked could be an indication that O’Brien is open to moving on. He’s still not the logical pick in Kansas City. Don Banks of SI.com hears via league sources that Pioli is expected to pair McDaniels with Crennel.

The thinking is that McDaniels could provide a long-term head coaching option, while Crennel, 64, handles the job in the short-term. McDaniels could use a few years to rebuild his reputation.

The Chiefs need to win consistently, of course, for that to happen. That hasn’t been an easy task for any Bill Belichick protege.

Coaches may leave New England, but Tom Brady isn’t going anywhere.

MMXcalibur
12-30-2011, 04:08 AM

When the Bill Belichick takes a shit, do we put in a waiver claim for that as well?

ILChief
12-30-2011, 06:52 AM

I think you may be right. I think he wants Orton.

R8RFAN
12-30-2011, 06:59 AM
I always loved this line of thinking as a rebuttal. Like rooting for a bad team automatically disqualifies you from an accurate opinion about another team.

It does when you are trying to talk smack and point out the mistakes of a team that has actually been to multiple Superbowls and playoff games...

Yall can talk that shit to Charger fans, but I am a ****ing Raiderfan

bevischief
12-30-2011, 07:04 AM
God hates the Chiefs.

the devil likes the Chiefs.

BoneKrusher
12-30-2011, 07:12 AM

yep, this is how i see it.

bevischief
12-30-2011, 07:24 AM
JFC dude nowhere did I say I wish Carl Peterson was the GM I was simply pointing out the core of this team are Peterson picks. 5 mil 7 mil I don't give a **** it's splitting hairs. The fact is Pioli was labeled by many as the best GM candidate possible and overall he's sucked at his job. It's bullshit this team had a chance to win the division no this year no thanks to him and had he actually done his job spent some money to acquire depth we'd be cheering for this team to win this week to make the playoffs.

Chiefs are out of the playoffs with the loss last weekend.

bevischief
12-30-2011, 07:29 AM
We can't interview O'Brien til the Patriots are out right?

yep.

Skyy God
12-30-2011, 07:29 AM
QB battle royale?

More like a slapfight between 2 anorexic chicks.

BoneKrusher
12-30-2011, 07:40 AM
More like a slapfight between 2 anorexic chicks.

LMAO

htismaqe
12-30-2011, 08:01 AM

Did you read his post?

htismaqe
12-30-2011, 08:01 AM
Panthers have the 5th ranked offense this year with a rookie QB. The season Anderson was a pro bowler Chud was the OC. He was the tight end coach at Miami that brought in Franks, Shockey, and another NFL guy forget his name. The guy is more than qualified. All O'Brien has done is been part of the tree.

Billay is now the voice of reason. This place is falling apart at the seams. :)

kc rush
12-30-2011, 08:12 AM
The life of a Chiefs fan is great. Isn't it.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmb1ropUsj1qj2hv9o1_500.jpg

CaliforniaChief
12-30-2011, 08:12 AM
As long as the powers-that-be believe that Matt Cassel is part of any winning solution in the NFL, it makes absolutely no difference who the head coach/coordinators are. They could exhume Vince Lombardi and we would still be mediocre at best. Then again, if Lombardi was actually exhumed, he would dust off his fedora and say "What the hell is that clown doing on my field?"

TRR
12-30-2011, 08:21 AM

Crennel led the Browns to their best record (10-6) in how many years and has 5 Super Bowls. Idiotic remarks like these above need to stop regarding Crennel
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 08:28 AM

Uh yeah?

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 08:35 AM
Crennel led the Browns to their best record (10-6) in how many years and has 5 Super Bowls. Idiotic remarks like these above need to stop regarding Crennel
Posted via Mobile Device

Butch Davis led them to the playoffs and guess what? He sucked too. Our GM won't step out of his comfort zone and is going to hire a guy who's team last week pissed down their legs in a playoff like game making the same mistakes his Browns teams made.

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 08:39 AM
Anything but Cassel as our starting QB next season...anything
Posted via Mobile Device

Even hiring me as General Manager?

Dexter Manley
12-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Crennel will lose the fan base if he pulls a PATS RULE BABY and OKs McDaniels and states Cassel is his starting qB next year. Pioli and McDaniels on the same team, the two who wanted Cassel over Cutler.

Indeed, Pioli could've packaged Cassel in a trade to Denver for Cutler when Josh McDaniels was busy chasing Cutler out of town...

Buehler445
12-30-2011, 09:17 AM

What the fuck?

That may be true, but it is impossible to know what any guy on another team would do in our stadium with our staff. Hell, I'm pretty sure Herm would have fucked up Aaron Rodgers.

However, what we CAN measure is the QB Pioli hitched his wagon to. And that QB is abysmal. So if you go get and pay someone shitty and then don't try to replace him, the performance is bad. Say what you want about the situation he was dealt, he's still responsible for going and getting a pile of shit and sticking with him for 3 goddamn years. That's pretty damning.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

How many of those 5 Super Bowls does he have as a head coach? And boom goes the dynamite.

notorious
12-30-2011, 09:54 AM
One positive I see in Crennel staying as HC is that there is no way Cassel will be starting next year.

He watched as his defenses played like warriors only to have Cassel shit all over their effort.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-30-2011, 09:56 AM
One positive I see in Crennel staying as HC is that there is no way Cassel will be starting next year.

He watched as his defenses played like warriors only to have Cassel shit all over their effort.

Orton did that last Sunday too though. The whole offense did. Orton isn't much better but he is somewhat of an upgrade over Cassel. What needs to improve is the playcalling, drastically. We have three pretty dang good WRs and they aren't being put in situations to take advantage of their talent.

notorious
12-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Orton did that last Sunday too though. The whole offense did. Orton isn't much better but he is somewhat of an upgrade over Cassel. What needs to improve is the playcalling, drastically. We have three pretty dang good WRs and they aren't being put in situations to take advantage of their talent.

True, but Orton has only had 2 games to hone his fail. Cassel has perfected it over 3 seasons.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-30-2011, 09:59 AM
True, but Orton has only had 2 games to hone his fail. Cassel has perfected it over 3 seasons.

Good point. No matter what Cassel needs to be gone, hopefully we upgrade the QB position this offseason (DRAFT PLEASEEEE!!!!).

HemiEd
12-30-2011, 10:33 AM
Late to the party as usual.

1)It has never been good for the Chiefs players to have a coach they really like.
Example, Frank Ganz and Gunther Cunningham.

I have been on the Romeo Crennel bandwagon, but last weeks game just might be a preview of coming attractions. Penalties are evidence of lack of discipline.

2) As many in this thread have said, all things point to more Cassel. We might as well resign ourselves to it. Cassel, Cassel and more Cassel. I have liked most of what Pioli has done, but his commitment to Cassel is weakening my regard for Pioli.

Deberg_1990
12-30-2011, 10:38 AM

1)It has never been good for the Chiefs players to have a coach they really like.

I have been on the Romeo Crennel bandwagon, but last weeks game just might be a preview of coming attractions. Penalties are evidence of lack of discipline.

2) As many in this thread have said, all things point to more Cassel. We might as well resign ourselves to it. Cassel, Cassel and more Cassel. I have liked most of what Pioli has done, but his commitment to Cassel is weakening my regard for Pioli.

I'd love to get a Browns fan in here to give us his take on Crennel. All I know is he did nothing in 4 seasons there. They had one decent year when Anderson had a miracle year at QB, but they still didnt make the playoffs. Even Belichek, made the playoffs once in Cleveland since everyone wants to compare Crennel to him. I'm very cautious of Crennel.

HemiEd
12-30-2011, 10:44 AM
I'd love to get a Browns fan in here to give us his take on Crennel. All I know is he did nothing in 4 seasons there. They had one decent year when Anderson had a miracle year at QB, but they still didnt make the playoffs. Even Belichek, made the playoffs once in Cleveland since everyone wants to compare Crennel to him. I'm very cautious of Crennel.

I agree. His first two games just might be an indication of things to come, and we have been down this road before.

First game, they all die in a fire for him, and over achieve. Second game, we have it made, we can relax, and they stink up the place.

Todd Haley was on their case constantly until he went commando. I am concerned we are going to really miss the dicipline.

htismaqe
12-30-2011, 10:46 AM

Yep.

Royal Fanatic
12-30-2011, 12:35 PM

NO
I agree. I'm a definite "no" on McDumbass.

I was ready to jump on the Bill O'Brien bandwagon until I watched the video of his heated exchange with Tom Brady. Now I'm thinking that the last thing we need is another hothead like Haley.

So now I don't know who the fuck to hope for. I don't see ANY candidates out there that I can root for. There's obviously the pipe dreams of Cowher and Gruden, but those guys may never coach again, and if they do, I don't see either of them coming here.

Maybe I'll start a thread: "The Chiefs must hire Marty".

The Bad Guy
12-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Butch Davis led them to the playoffs and guess what? He sucked too. Our GM won't step out of his comfort zone and is going to hire a guy who's team last week pissed down their legs in a playoff like game making the same mistakes his Browns teams made.

You really like to compare situations like they are all universally similar.

The Bad Guy
12-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Yes, because he clearly is just a tree guy and not someone who has called great games this year while the offensive focus has done a 360 from 2 years ago.

Like O'Brien isn't qualified.

Bewbies
12-30-2011, 01:29 PM

My brow in law is a die hard Browns fan and he is laughing his ass off that we might keep him. Soft and undisciplined are how he describes his coaching.

notorious
12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
My brow in law is a die hard Browns fan and he is laughing his ass off that we might keep him. Soft and undisciplined are how he describes his coaching.

So, we are re-hiring Herm Edwards.

FloridaMan88
12-30-2011, 01:34 PM

Sounds like Herm.

Oh Snap
12-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Crennel wouldnt be a bad hire...but I dont want McDaniels on this team AT ALL!

Who knows if Crennel will ever work out, he is old and has health issues. If he were to go down early, or get fired, you know damn well who will be waiting in the wings for interim head coach, then possibly head coach of this team for a couple two or three years. Thats right, that rotten kunt mcdaniels! DO NOT WANT!

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Yes, because he clearly is just a tree guy and not someone who has called great games this year while the offensive focus has done a 360 from 2 years ago.

Like O'Brien isn't qualified.

1 year of play calling with a HOF QB. You obviously don't learn from your mistakes.

Titty Meat
12-30-2011, 02:45 PM
You really like to compare situations like they are all universally similar.

Feel free to point out what's different Butch Davis had a shit roster Romeos teams were undisciplined and the team Saturday sure as fuck looked undisciplined.

Micjones
12-30-2011, 04:13 PM
I could live with McDaniels at OC.
Two top 10 offenses in New England.
That St. Louis offense has been in the cellar for 5 straight years.