PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs The Chiefs will likely keep Cassel over Orton, but the team will still look to add QB

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-30-2011, 02:03 PM
Chiefs likely to keep Cassel over Orton.About the Author
Eli Kaberon
ekaberon@pfwmedia.com
Associate Editor

By Eli Kaberon
We know that the Chiefs will kick off the 2012 season with a different head coach than they started 2011 with. Will there be a new starting quarterback too?

According to a source, the odds are likely that Matt Cassel — assuming he recovers fully, as expected, from hand surgery — returns to lead the team next season. Cassel has a good relationship with the team's receivers and is a favorite of GM Scott Pioli, the man responsible for selecting the new head coach and structuring the roster.

Kyle Orton, who has started the final three games of the regular season, is a free agent and is unlikely to return. Though his performance has been solid, we hear Orton wants to find a team where he will be given a chance to start. That does not appear to be the case in Kansas City if Cassel is brought back.

However, the source stated that the Chiefs are expected to add a quarterback at some point during the offseason, likely in the draft. After Pioli saw the team crumble with Tyler Palko in the lineup, he would like a more reliable backup in case Cassel is hurt again. The team was hoping 2011 fifth-round pick Ricky Stanzi would be that player, but he hasn't developed at the rate the team expected.http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/12/30/chiefs-likely-to-keep-cassel-over-orton

ILChief
12-30-2011, 02:05 PM
:mad::$2500::cuss::deevee:nlm:crybaby::fire::bang::sulk:

Demonpenz
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't know how strong my will power is, wait, nevermind, I will watch the chiefs no matter what. Gives me a chance to put my hands down my pants and eat chicken wings.

Three7s
12-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Is this franchise just retarded or what?

Dr. Johnny Fever
12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
We (the Chiefs powers that be) just insist on mediocrity.

lewdog
12-30-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't know how strong my will power is, wait, nevermind, I will watch the chiefs no matter what. Gives me a chance to put my hands down my pants and eat chicken wings.

Yup, this about sums it up for me too!

But seriously....FOL (fuck our lives)

bricks
12-30-2011, 02:08 PM
:facepalm:

FML

Hootie
I'm going to write an article stating the Chiefs are likely to trade for Peyton manning and post it on here and act like I know what's going to happen.

These articles are garbage...no one knows what the chiefs are going to do about their QB especially not this dipshit I've never heard of writing for an outlet I've never heard of...

Sofa King
Sofa Kingdom attacks Eli Kaberon.

lewdog
We (the Chiefs powers that be) just insist on mediocrity.

It allows people to call you "dedicated" when you tell them who your football team is. I hate the word "dedicated."

Micjones
12-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Two completely contradictory reports.
So basically, what the FO will do is anybody's guess.

Mr_Tomahawk
12-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Who is Eli Kaberon?

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-30-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm going to write an article stating the Chiefs are likely to trade for Peyton manning and post it on here and act like I know what's going to happen.

These articles are garbage...no one knows what the chiefs are going to do about their QB especially not this dipshit I've never heard of writing for an outlet I've never heard of...

Profootballweekly ? never heard of them

Hootie
12-30-2011, 02:10 PM

I have but respect their chiefs reporting ZERO percent.

Three7s
12-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I've heard of them. They do a lot of draft stuff, but they aren't very well known.

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-30-2011, 02:13 PM
I have but respect their chiefs reporting ZERO percent.

They did have the haley firing before the season started.

Hootie
12-30-2011, 02:14 PM
They did have the haley firing before the season started.

And I said carson palmer would retire from football in 2 years 2 years ago...if you throw 100 darts you may end up with a bullseye or two

bricks
12-30-2011, 02:15 PM

True.

This articles may be garbage, but they are also the last thing ppl need right about now.

They just stoke that intuitive feeling inside of you. See, we don't need an article to tell us that Cassel is coming back, we already know its gonna happen. With this current GM it's highly possible. Probably most certain. The last thing I want is to be reminded. I try not to think about this sorta thing because just the thought of it bothers me.

KCUnited
12-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Who is Eli Kaberon?

It's a breaded sausage, often fried, usually accompanied with a curried mustard dipping sauce.

notorious
12-30-2011, 02:20 PM
If the Chiefs bring Cassel back into the starting role, it will be the single stupidest act in the history of this franchise.

That is saying a LOT. Blackledge, Grbac over Gannon, Tyson Jackson, Trading for Cassel, etc.

Epic Fail 007
12-30-2011, 02:24 PM
how can believe a guy with a last name like kaberon,plus profootball weekly has never liked the chiefs just sayin

notorious
12-30-2011, 02:27 PM
Are these so-called "Writers" trolling Chiefs Planet?

I swear they are lurking to find out what would piss us off more than anything, than writing a pile of garbage about it.

Fritz88
12-30-2011, 02:28 PM
http://www.maclife.com/files/u124583/ogw.jpg

BigMeatballDave
Fuck these cocksmokers if Cassel starts next season

okcchief
If Pioli stays with Cassel he is signing his own death certificate. I dont give a shit who likes Cassel and how great of a guy he may be. He is a horrible fucking QB and if we keep him I have zero faith in our front office. This better be bullshit.

okcchief
12-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Can someone in KC find Cassel at his car and Slam his hand in the door repeatedly? Surely someone has some mob connections on this board :)

The Bad Guy
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
How could anyone who watches tape and evaluates players in the NFL think that Matt Cassel is worth anything?

How can you watch him and think.."Well, let's tie my success in this league to this bum".

The Bad Guy
12-30-2011, 02:37 PM
If Pioli stays with Cassel he is signing his own death certificate. I dont give a shit who likes Cassel and how great of a guy he may be. He is a horrible ****ing QB and if we keep him I have zero faith in our front office. This better be bullshit.

Completely 100% agree.

Otter
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I have a hard time giving a fuck at this point.

YayMike
12-30-2011, 02:47 PM
If Pioli stays with Cassel he is signing his own death certificate. I dont give a shit who likes Cassel and how great of a guy he may be. He is a horrible ****ing QB and if we keep him I have zero faith in our front office. This better be bullshit.

This.

Even a blind man can see the improvement this offense has made even with an 'average' QB like Orton compared to the piece of shit that is Matt Cassel

gold_and_red
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
How could anyone who watches tape and evaluates players in the NFL think that Matt Cassel is worth anything?

How can you watch him and think.."Well, let's tie my success in this league to this bum".

Red zone efficiency can be improved by smart play calling, scheming, practice and better personnel. It is not rocket science.
But pocket awareness, going through progressions, looking off DBs, going to hot reads and learning not to sh!t during pressure cannot be improved just like that. It would make sense for a team to invest this time and effort for a rookie QB/QBOTF, not for some veteran who is making $63M. We can't be babying Cassel with high profile WRs, great running game, great OL and a nasty D. WTF is he here to do then?

Caseyguyrr
12-30-2011, 02:52 PM
any scenario with cassel is completely retarded and 100% unacceptable. i will refuse to spend a dime on this team with that fucker starting.

Chiefnj2
12-30-2011, 02:57 PM
It's good to see that the veil of secrecy is back in place at Arrowhead. Lombardi is reporting the exact opposite. These guys have no idea what Pioli will do.

Ceej
12-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Does Eli also go by Farzin?! LMAO

jd1020
12-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Look at all the people who thought Orton was here to replace Cassel...

When is that organized mass suicide scheduled?

milkman
12-31-2011, 10:08 AM
how can believe a guy with a last name like kaberon,plus profootball weekly has never liked the chiefs just sayin

Can you give us a list of other names that we should be wary of?

Marcellus
12-31-2011, 10:10 AM
So which article is right?

Seems obvious nobody knows what the plan is with all the contradicting stories.

J Diddy
12-31-2011, 10:12 AM
Can you give us a list of other names that we should be wary of?

Tom Chiefshater, Melissa Love Carl Peterson, Samantha Gunther, Greg Robinson, and Lynn Elliot

J Diddy
12-31-2011, 10:13 AM
So which article is right?

Seems obvious nobody knows what the plan is with all the contradicting stories.

They're going to the roulette table and betting 5 on red and 5 on black

PRIEST
12-31-2011, 10:14 AM
Are these so-called "Writers" trolling Chiefs Planet?

I swear they are lurking to find out what would piss us off more than anything, than writing a pile of garbage about it.

Thats it what it seems like , doing a damn good job of it Fu#&ERS :mad:

Pasta Little Brioni
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Look at all the people who thought Orton was here to replace Cassel...

When is that organized mass suicide scheduled?

Anyone who believes this tripe had a daily snack of paint chips as a youngster.

Rausch
12-31-2011, 10:22 AM
The Chiefs will likely keep Cassel over Orton, but the team will still look to add QB

http://cdn.babble.com/babble-voices/alli-worthington-this-is-alli/files/2011/09/whut-300x300.jpg

Whut?

We have two games in a row where we're competitive and play well and THAT QB isn't good enough?

He's not better than the total $#itbag who failed over, and over, and over, and over, and over and couldn't score?

And C@$$#ole is the guy we think gives us the better chance to win?

http://oranges-world.com/data_images/screaming-people.jpg

Reerun_KC
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM

http://cdn.babble.com/babble-voices/alli-worthington-this-is-alli/files/2011/09/whut-300x300.jpg

Whut?

We have two games in a row where we're competitive and play well and THAT QB isn't good enough?

He's not better than the total $#itbag who failed over, and over, and over, and over, and over and couldn't score?

And C@$$#ole is the guy we think gives us the better chance to win?

http://oranges-world.com/data_images/screaming-people.jpg

:LOL:

YOU really are serious arent you? YOU actually feel Orton is going to lead this team to a superbowl?

LMAO

Hammock Parties
12-31-2011, 01:13 PM
Who the fuck is Eli Kaberon?

100 percent bullshit.

12-31-2011, 01:21 PM
If the Chiefs bring Cassel back into the starting role, it will be the single stupidest act in the history of this franchise.

That is saying a LOT. Blackledge, Grbac over Gannon, Tyson Jackson, Trading for Cassel, etc.

in the franchises defense, They had no idea Blackledge would suck like he did. The others were just flat out boneheaded moronic decisions by the coach and FO.

Chiefs Pantalones
12-31-2011, 01:31 PM
SHOOT ME NOW!!!

Setsuna
12-31-2011, 03:37 PM
ChiefsandOsfan needs to be repped. He's in the gray. That's sad.

bevischief
12-31-2011, 04:06 PM
Is this franchise just retarded or what?

On crack.

bevischief
12-31-2011, 04:08 PM
http://www.maclife.com/files/u124583/ogw.jpg

The devil likes the Chiefs...

whoman69
12-31-2011, 04:29 PM
http://sujenman.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/silly_shot-suicide_397705.jpg