PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs Ink LB Brandon Siler to 1-Year Extension

ShowtimeSBMVP
12-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Rotoinfo_NFLRotoinfo_nfl

#Kansas #City #Chiefs : Brandon Siler-LB : Chiefs Ink LB Brandon Siler to 1-Year Extension http://bit.ly/voc3Xi

The Chiefs have signed linebacker Brandon Siler to a one-year contract extension after he missed all of this season because of a torn Achilles tendon.

mnchiefsguy
12-31-2011, 03:29 PM
First in before the "Pioli chose Siler over Brandon Carr" posts like in the Succop thread.

Siler has been hurt, giving him a one year extension gives him the chance to come back and win a job with the team.

Bowser
12-31-2011, 03:30 PM
BOWECARR BOWECARR BOWECARR

BoneKrusher
12-31-2011, 03:31 PM
BOWECARR BOWECARR BOWECARR

yep :thumb:

SAUTO
Good depth
Posted via Mobile Device

Caseyguyrr
cool, maybe he'll play a snap next year

BoneKrusher
12-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Just Curious,
how did Pioli get the reputation of being a great builder of teams?

DaKCMan AP
12-31-2011, 03:43 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aQor58PA6v4/TjMgaWrl5dI/AAAAAAAAEDs/U8rtSeUcXGk/s1600/Brandon+Siler.jpg

58kcfan89
12-31-2011, 03:45 PM
BOWECARRQB BOWECARRQB BOWECARRQB

FYP.:thumb:

okiedokieokoye
12-31-2011, 03:45 PM
If he can unseat Belcher, that would help tremendously. Cool with giving the guy a chance.

The Bad Guy
12-31-2011, 03:50 PM
If he can unseat Belcher, that would help tremendously. Cool with giving the guy a chance.

LOL wut?

Belcher has been pretty decent this year.

Bowser
12-31-2011, 03:50 PM
FYP.:thumb:

OMGWTFBOWECARRQBBBQ

Bowser
12-31-2011, 03:51 PM
LOL wut?

Belcher has been pretty decent this year.

Better than I expected, for sure. If Siler can make it back to pre injury form, his speed may give him an edge of Belcher. Either way, it's nice to have depth there.

bevischief
12-31-2011, 03:54 PM
How much did the he get?

TimeForWasp
12-31-2011, 03:58 PM
How much did the he get?

Yeah, How much did the he get got?

Setsuna
12-31-2011, 04:04 PM
Florida boy. You guys are getting a solid star player.

Kyle DeLexus
12-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Just Curious,

Bill

kcxiv
12-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Bill

Lucking into Tom Brady makes everything 10 x easier.

BoneKrusher
12-31-2011, 04:10 PM
Lucking into Tom Brady makes everything 10 x easier.

i'd say thats 99.9 % of it.

Bowser
12-31-2011, 04:18 PM
Florida boy. You guys are getting a solid star player.

We already got him, just on IR.

You say "you guys". Who do you root for, if not the Chiefs?

BossChief
12-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Just Curious,

By earning it.

He lucked into Brady, but he also built one hell of a team around him, too.

During one of their superbowl runs, they started something rediculous like 50+ different players that year and won the superbowl.

The way some of the guys here try to act like the guy is bogus, has gone way past reality.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-31-2011, 04:55 PM

He's yet another Bronco homer or Tebow fanboy dick rider.

BoneKrusher
12-31-2011, 05:04 PM
By earning it.

He lucked into Brady, but he also built one hell of a team around him, too.

During one of their superbowl runs, they started something rediculous like 50+ different players that year and won the superbowl.

The way some of the guys here try to act like the guy is bogus, has gone way past reality.

i question him mostly because he stuck the Chiefs with Cassel, i just hope he can evaluate talent better than that in the future.:thumb:

Fritz88
12-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Good move.

If Pioli inks Carr and Bowe to long term deals, I will have to admit that he's pretttttty good in handling contract extensions.

SAUTO
12-31-2011, 05:10 PM
He's yet another Bronco homer or Tebow fanboy dick rider.

Jacksonville fan I think...
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna
12-31-2011, 05:45 PM

I do root for the Chiefs and Vikings and Jags and Browns and Broncos and any team that is starting former Florida players. Orange and Blue for life.

Okie_Apparition
12-31-2011, 06:27 PM
He tipped Cassel ten bucks when Matt delivered the message on his scooter

htismaqe
12-31-2011, 06:29 PM
I do root for the Chiefs and Vikings and Jags and Browns and Broncos and any team that is starting former Florida players. Orange and Blue for life.

ROFL

Kyle DeLexus
12-31-2011, 06:35 PM

That's gay

Titty Meat
12-31-2011, 06:37 PM
Won't even make the final roster.

whoman69
12-31-2011, 07:33 PM
Won't even make the final roster.

That's just goofy. Talk was before the injury he was going to split time with Belcher. I realize Demorrio Williams and Corey Greenwood are great players...LMAO...sorry couldn't finish that thought.

Dexter Manley
01-01-2012, 07:18 AM
Good move.

If Pioli inks Carr and Bowe to long term deals, I will have to admit that he's pretttttty good in handling contract extensions.

:thumb:

Dexter Manley
01-01-2012, 07:18 AM
That's just goofy. Talk was before the injury he was going to split time with Belcher. I realize Demorrio Williams and Corey Greenwood are great players...LMAO...sorry couldn't finish that thought.

Siler, if he can recover, is a good player.

ChiefGator
01-01-2012, 07:19 AM

What, no love for Grossman or Louis Murphy? Or the Pounceys?

Dexter Manley
01-01-2012, 07:23 AM
I love Reche Caldwell, Earl Everett, Carl Johnson, Chris Leak, and all the others who scored lower than I did on the Wonderlic. I couldn't read when I took it, so I just checked C 50 times and got a 10. Reche and Earl got 5, Carl got a 6, and Leak got an 8.

CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP

Go Gators!!!

Gonzo
01-01-2012, 07:45 AM
That's gay
Almost as gay as all the Husker douchebags around here that have suddenly become Lions fans because of that degenerate fuck, Suh.
I've seen a huge influx of Lions Jerseys around Omaha.
"I worship a 23 year old kid cuz he played football here! Go Lions! How Y'all think that Scotty Mitchell will do this year for them? Wayne Fontes is a good coach!"

Assholes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Danman
01-01-2012, 08:21 AM
Jacksonville fan I think...
Posted via Mobile Device

Jacksonville has a fan? Who knew?

Caseyguyrr
01-01-2012, 08:28 AM

so pretty much the whole league?

BigChiefFan
01-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Brandon Siler to 1-year contract extension
Text Size Print E-mail Reprints
By Associated Press, Published: December 31
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs signed linebacker Brandon Siler to a one-year contract extension after he missed all of this season because of a torn Achilles tendon.

Siler’s agent, David Canter, confirmed the deal Saturday in a text to The Associated Press.

Siler was expected to compete for time at middle linebacker alongside Pro Bowl selection Derrick Johnson after spending last season with the San Diego Chargers. He had a good start to training camp but was hurt in late August, and had surgery to repair his Achilles a few days later.

Canter said that “rehab’s going well” and Siler is looking forward to August.

The former Florida linebacker made 12 starts in 58 games over five seasons with San Diego. He had 38 tackles, a sack, an interception and a forced safety during the 2010 season.

The deal came one day after news broke that the Chiefs had signed kicker Ryan Succop to a five-year extension worth $14 million. Succop’s deal includes a $2 million signing bonus.

General manager Scott Pioli still has several decisions to make in the coming weeks.

Cornerback Brandon Carr, who has been a stalwart opposite Brandon Flowers in a talented Chiefs defensive backfield, will become a free agent after this season. So will Dwayne Bowe, who made the Pro Bowl last season and has quietly put together another outstanding year despite a carousel of starting quarterbacks. Bowe has 75 catches for 1,066 yards and five touchdowns.

Pioli may also try to re-sign Kyle Orton, who will start his third straight game Sunday at Denver. The veteran quarterback, who will also be a free agent, was claimed off waivers when Matt Cassel went down with a season-ending injury to his throwing hand.

The Chiefs also will need to address their offensive and defensive lines.

Longtime center Casey Wiegmann is considering retirement after a season in which he acknowledged spending more time in the training room. Offensive tackle Barry Richardson has struggled much of the year, and veteran defensive tackle Kelly Gregg has been playing on a one-year deal.

Siler’s signing solidifies the linebacker unit.

Johnson was chosen to his first Pro Bowl after setting a single-season franchise record with 172 tackles heading into Sunday’s game at Denver. He’ll be joined in Hawaii by outside linebacker Tamba Hali, who has racked up 12 sacks despite facing repeated double teams.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/chiefs-sign-injured-linebacker-brandon-siler-to-1-year-contract-extension/2011/12/31/gIQAp92jSP_story.html