PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Three 5,000-yard passers, 10 4,000+-yard passers

Hammock Parties
01-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Holy shit. What a quarterback driven league.

Seven of those 10 4K passers are in the playoffs today.

Hunt, Pioli and Co. can't possibly ignore this statistical trend, can they? There is no way we can hold onto Matt Cassel next season.

BoneKrusher
01-02-2012, 08:10 AM
if you dont have a QB that can throw passes beyond 5 yards you're screwed in the modern day NFL, ask Mark Castle.

threebag
01-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Pack them bags Matty.

BoneKrusher
01-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Pack them bags Matty.

maybe he could go to Seattle and backup Jackson, Pete Carrol likes USC players.

htismaqe
01-02-2012, 08:21 AM

Hunt, Pioli and Co. can't possibly ignore this statistical trend, can they? There is no way we can hold onto Matt Cassel next season.

This trend starter about 5-6 years ago. The VERY FIRST THING Pioli did upon becoming GM was IGNORE the trend - he acquired Cassel in the first place.

Not only CAN they ignore it, I have every confidence they WILL.

Bane
01-02-2012, 08:22 AM

Sold!

Mama Hip Rockets
01-02-2012, 08:43 AM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3663/chiefswillshirt.jpg

BigChiefFan
01-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Matt Cassel folds like a cheap suit at the first sign of pressure. I'd rather bash my head against a wall than watch that turd pretend to be an NFL QB.

How will we ever live without his 169 yards per game avg.?

MoreLemonPledge
01-02-2012, 09:10 AM
But there's still only ONE Tyler Palko.

MoreLemonPledge
01-02-2012, 09:11 AM

Actually, no he doesn't. Other than Big Mike Williams, who else has he brought in from USC?

jAZ
01-02-2012, 09:20 AM
This trend starter about 5-6 years ago. The VERY FIRST THING Pioli did upon becoming GM was IGNORE the trend - he acquired Cassel in the first place.

In 2008, Cassel was a top 10 QB. In his first season as a starting QB. Since high school.

He was the best available young QB.
He was proven in the NFL already.
He was cheap.

Trading our #2 for Matt Cassel was a smart move ... at the time.

Starting him over Orton in 2012 is a different question with a different answer.

So is the ludicrous claim that Piloli ignored the "its a QB league" trend when he arrived. That's an absurd, ridiculous, rather pathetic accusation.

Pissed at Pioli, fine. But ground your attacks in reality, please.

Buehler445
01-02-2012, 09:22 AM
In 2008, Cassel was a top 10 QB. In his first season as a starting QB. Since high school.

He was cheap.

Starting him over Orton in 2012 is a different question with a different answer.

So is the ludicrous claim that Piloli ignored the "its a QB league" trend when he arrived. That's an absurd, ridiculous, rather pathetic accusation.

Dude. It was obvious from the get go that he couldn't make a read and he was horribly inaccurate. He's stared down his receiver every time from his first snap.

Marcellus
01-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Problem is Cassel never really played at USC. He attended the school.

jAZ
01-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Dude. It was obvious from the get go that he couldn't make a read and he was horribly inaccurate. He's stared down his receiver every time from his first snap.

You are wrong.

In 2008, Cassel was ranked...

#11 in completion per attempt with 63.4%.
#11 in yards per attempt with 7.2 yards.
#12 in TD per attempt with 4.1%.
#7 in INT per attempt with 2.1%.
#10 in QB Rating.

And his alternative was to draft a QB in a weak QB draft. It was Sanchez at #3 or Cassel with our 2nd round.

At the time: Cassel's one season as a starting QB was in NFL while Sanchez was in college. Advantage Cassel by far.

While in the NFL: Cassel has been the better QB by nearly all measures.

Comp% - Cassel: 59% vs Sanchez: 55%
TD% - Cassel: 4.3%. Sanchez: 3.9%
INT% - Cassel: 2.5% vs Sanchez: 3.6%
Y/A - Cassel: 6.6 vs Sanchez: 6.5
Rating - Cassel: 82.5 vs Sancez: 73.2

And Pioli got Cassel for our 2nd round pick, not the #3 overall.

At the time, and in retrospect, Cassel was the right move.

Backwards Masking
01-02-2012, 10:06 AM
" Defenses are preventing the Business of football from reaching it's true Revenue Producing Potential. And this is a For Profit Company not a sport. We have investors, owners and stockholders that are Real People and need Real Attention, it's well worth Changing The Rules and tarnishing legacies and traditions for the sake of the Bottom Line. Why else do you think I suspended James Harrison for hitting th QB. BAD FOR BUSINESS. Nobody will notice in time and eventually people will even post threads talking about how badass it is every offensive record gets re shattered every single year with the more Rules I Change. I'm a genius, really."

Roger Goodell

jAZ
01-02-2012, 10:07 AM

In retrospect, Josh Freeman may have been the 2nd best QB in the draft and he was a surprise pick at #17.

Comp% - Cassel: 59% vs Freeman: 60.5%
TD% - Cassel: 4.3%. Freeman: 3.9%
INT% - Cassel: 2.5% vs Sanchez: 3.5%
Y/A - Cassel: 6.6 vs Sanchez: 6.8
Rating - Cassel: 82.5 vs Sancez: 79.2

And with only one good season, Freeman would appear to be no better than Cassel.

I don't ever blame a fan for wants our players to be better than they were in the past. But re-inventing the past in order to falsely attack players for being worse than they are is total BS.

MoreLemonPledge
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
You are wrong.

In 2008, Cassel was ranked...

#11 in completion per attempt with 63.4%.
#11 in yards per attempt with 7.2 yards.
#12 in TD per attempt with 4.1%.
#7 in INT per attempt with 2.1%.
#10 in QB Rating.

And his alternative was to draft a QB in a weak QB draft. It was Sanchez at #3 or Cassel with our 2nd round.

At the time: Cassel's one season as a starting QB was in NFL while Sanchez was in college. Advantage Cassel by far.

At the time, and in retrospect, Cassel was the right move.

I still remember all the fucks that were going off about how much better Sanchez is/was/will be. Funny that a lot of them aren't here anymore...

BoneKrusher
01-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Actually, no he doesn't. Other than Big Mike Williams, who else has he brought in from USC?

i shudda said California players i reckon
(Lynch and Williams).

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2012, 10:23 AM
These "records" are a joke since they've jimmy'ed the game with the rules to be a passing league. God knows Dan Marino would have passed for 7000 yards in a season under these rules.

Garcia Bronco
01-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Yeah...it was called the Peyton Manning rule.

whoman69
01-02-2012, 11:50 AM

He was cheap.

Reality is that even in NE there were claims that Cassel was wasting the deep threats they had there. Wes Welker is Matt Cassel's dream. Reality is that Mr. Pro-Bowl alternate was ranked 8th in QB rating despite the team ranking 30th in passing yards and 29th in attempts. We were hiding his deficiencies much like Denver hid Tebow's this year. Without his running game security blanket and weak schedule, Cassel pissed his pants. In a game where the defense forced six turnovers, the offense accounted for only 14 points.

TheGuardian
01-02-2012, 11:54 AM
I still remember all the ****s that were going off about how much better Sanchez is/was/will be. Funny that a lot of them aren't here anymore...

Yup.

And how we heard that Sanchez would improve and had all the tools, blah blah blah. Idiots. All of em.

whoman69
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
These "records" are a joke since they've jimmy'ed the game with the rules to be a passing league. God knows Dan Marino would have passed for 7000 yards in a season under these rules.

That might be a stretch. Maybe 6500. Marino had 584 attempts when he set the record. That was not his career high. Drew Brees had 657 attempts against defenses not allowed to defend. Marino completed nearly 65% of his passes with 14 YPC, while Brees completed 71% with just under 12 YPC.

HoneyBadger
01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Why do you think they drafted mccluster? They knew they were going to need all those YAC with Cassel throwing the ball.

ChiefsCountry
01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Yup.

And how we heard that Sanchez would improve and had all the tools, blah blah blah. Idiots. All of em.

Coming from the douchebag who wants Matt Flynn priceless.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2012, 06:44 AM
There are 19 quarterbacks on pace for 4,000 yards passing.

Including Cassel.

RedDread
09-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Including Cassel.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/Fooster/311pahl_zps8febfe6d.gif

Red Beans
09-24-2012, 07:33 AM
I think part of the reason that our fan base is clamoring for a QB in the draft, is the fact that we haven't had a home grown QB in three thousand years. I for one, would rather have drafted Freeman than accept Casserole as the QB. Even though they have similar stats, with a slight edge going to Cassel, it's that fact that Freeman would have been OUR QB not some cast off from some other system. Granted, that puts this QB in a terrible position in terms of the fan's expectations, but this is professional football.

The only way a cast off QB can earn acceptance from our fan base, is if he improves upon what he did in the other system, either through individual statistics, games won, or both.

Hammock Parties
09-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Freeman was dogshit yesterday, unfortunately.

He needs to pick it up soon or he's approaching bust status.

Predarat
09-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Illegal bump. CassHole supporing. Double reported.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Freeman was dogshit yesterday, unfortunately.

He needs to pick it up soon or he's approaching bust status.

Told ya. Too inconsistent, but he's still young may yet turn it around.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-24-2012, 12:28 PM

Of course they can, because they have proven they can thus far.