PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jared Gaither revisited ?

ROYC75
01-02-2012, 04:46 PM
How much is letting him go to SD going to be a pain in our side for the next few years. Since SD getting him, they won all but 1 game, think it had anything to do with it ?

DaWolf
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
He's a free agent now...

-King-
01-02-2012, 04:51 PM
SD winning all but one game had more to do with Philip Rivers not making the Matt Cassel like decisions he was making earlier than Gaither playing well.

Baby Lee
01-02-2012, 04:53 PM
He's a free agent now...

And that's where the 'players love RAC' CW can truly be tested.

Coach Frontbutt: "Listen Jared, it hurt like hell to hear you were let you go. But you how Todd is. But Todd's gone now. The bad man can't hurt you ANYMORE!!"

seclark
01-02-2012, 04:53 PM
i don't think gaither means shit to kc or sd.
sec

ROYC75
01-02-2012, 04:54 PM
FA is good, I really do not want to see him in SD next year. Releasing him was foolish, bet we can't resign him.

I disagree King, Gaither held down the left tackle position to give Rivers more time to throw.

FAX
01-02-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't think you can ignore the fact that Rivers' play improved when Gaither took over the LT position, Mr. ROYC75. You can't ignore one of those roaming ass porcupines, either. It's like one day you're out in the forest with your loved one enjoying a peaceful afternoon communing with nature in all her glory and observing the delicacy of the autumn leaves and the beauty of the forest flowers and the next thing you know, you have a roaming ass porcupine right on your ass. Very difficult to ignore.

FAX

Baby Lee
01-02-2012, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can ignore the fact that Rivers' play improved when Gaither took over the LT position, Mr. ROYC75. You can't ignore one of those roaming ass porcupines, either. It's like one day you're out in the forest with your loved one enjoying a peaceful afternoon communing with nature in all her glory and observing the delicacy of the autumn leaves and the beauty of the forest flowers and the next thing you know, you have a roaming ass porcupine right on your ass. Very difficult to ignore.

FAX

Now a roaming ass purcupine. Does the ass roam to different places on the porcupine's body, up by the ears at one moment, in the left armpit the next? Or does the ass roam in space as the porcupine ambulates, like Joanie's does on Mad Men?

FAX
01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Having never seen "Mad Men" nor, to my knowledge, encountered Joanie's ass, I am unable to comment on that comparison, Mr. Baby Lee. And, to be quite honest, I'm not sure I should elaborate on the behavior and habits of the roaming ass porcupine. Frankly, some knowledge can be dangerous and the roaming ass porcupine falls squarely into that unfortunate category. Some day you'll thank me, though. Contemplation of the roaming ass porcupine can cause sleep apnea, vile dreams, and an irrational fear of the wilderness. Actually, I often wish to God that I, myself, were ignorant of the ways of the roaming ass porcupine.

FAX

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I don't understand why people continue to give a shit about Gaither.

Character matters, much as we want to act like it doesn't.

This board was enraged when we didn't get Santonio Holmes. Because he doesn't have any work ethic. And he's a quitter. Everything we've heard in both KC and Baltimore, Gaither is the same.

I'm not saying we only keep boy scouts. But I'm not going to get hung up because a guy with a reputation for attitude problems was cut... because of attitude problems.

And again, it wasn't just the Chiefs. It was the Ravens too. And the Ravens know a thing or two about what makes a quality player.

ROYC75
01-02-2012, 05:23 PM

This board was enraged when we didn't get Santonio Holmes. Because he doesn't have any work ethic. And he's a quitter. Everything we've heard in both KC and Baltimore, Gaither is the same.

I'm not saying we only keep boy scouts. But I'm not going to get hung up because a guy with a reputation for attitude problems was cut... because of attitude problems.

And again, it wasn't just the Chiefs. It was the Ravens too. And the Ravens know a thing or two about what makes a quality player.

Do you not feel that Gaither was a better option than say, Richardson on the OL ?

But if Gaither does stay in SD and comes back to pre-injury top form, he can be a pain in our butts for years to come. Rivers had much better games with Gaither on the left side and Rivers can be pretty deadly when given the time.

|Zach|
01-02-2012, 05:24 PM
It didn't work out here...and at this point it really doesn't matter why.

The dumbass was in for one play his last game here and got a delay of game call.

TimeForWasp
01-02-2012, 05:25 PM
The powers that be hate the name Jared and love the name Brandon.

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Do you not feel that Gaither was a better option than say, Richardson on the OL ?

But if Gaither does stay in SD and comes back to pre-injury top form, he can be a pain in our butts for years to come. Rivers had much better games with Gaither on the left side and Rivers can be pretty deadly when given the time.

I don't care how good he is. Santonio Holmes is a phenomenal receiver. Would never want that guy on my team.

I don't want an o-linemen who has a reputation for quitting. Sorry.

The problem isn't that Barry Richardson is starting or that we cut Gaither. The problem is that Pioli never tried at all to put quality tackles on this roster.

crossbow
01-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Well considering we desperately need a right tackle and we let a good one go...I would say we paid for that one.

FAX
01-02-2012, 05:32 PM
Well considering we desperately need a right tackle and we let a good one go...I would say we paid for that one.

There is scuttlebutt and some rumors as well that Gaither practically refused to play RT and only wanted to play LT.

FAX

-King-
01-02-2012, 05:34 PM
FA is good, I really do not want to see him in SD next year. Releasing him was foolish, bet we can't resign him.

I disagree King, Gaither held down the left tackle position to give Rivers more time to throw.

It wasn't a time thing with his interceptions. It was just Rivers making terrible decisions and terrible throws.

jspchief
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM

My problem is we were having o-line issues and our coaching staff never even made an effort to change things, when we had a guy in Gaither who was obviously at least mildly capable.

How many other guys aren't getting a chance?

chiefzilla1501
01-02-2012, 05:57 PM
My problem is we were having o-line issues and our coaching staff never even made an effort to change things, when we had a guy in Gaither who was obviously at least mildly capable.

How many other guys aren't getting a chance?

The Chiefs cut an experienced Waters to get Asamoah on the field. My guess is, Rodney Hudson is a full-time starter next year. Moeaki, Baldwin, Berry, Arenas, Kendrick Lewis, Justin Houston, and Tyson Jackson all started as rookies.

The team has shown more than an openness to change things and personnel. A million times more than Dick Vermeil ever showed.

They directly said that the guy didn't work at his position. If that's true, then fuck him. I'm not going to lose sleep because a guy had a few good games. Those guys almost always fall back to bad habits.

ROYC75
01-02-2012, 06:02 PM
The Chiefs cut an experienced Waters to get Asamoah on the field. My guess is, Rodney Hudson is a full-time starter next year. Moeaki, Baldwin, Berry, Arenas, Kendrick Lewis, Justin Houston, and Tyson Jackson all started as rookies.

The team has shown more than an openness to change things and personnel. A million times more than Dick Vermeil ever showed.

They directly said that the guy didn't work at his position. If that's true, then **** him. I'm not going to lose sleep because a guy had a few good games. Those guys almost always fall back to bad habits.

I had heard that and I also heard that he wasn't healthy enough to continue the practices, that the neck wasn't healed properly. I had heard he didn't want to play RT as well. Yet, I also heard that while in SD he was working and practicing hard.

This is one of those we just don't know the details to.

BigRichard
01-02-2012, 06:25 PM

They directly said that the guy didn't work at his position. If that's true, then **** him. I'm not going to lose sleep because a guy had a few good games. Those guys almost always fall back to bad habits.

I want a link. I have seen you say this a couple of times and I don't ever recall seeing anything of the sort.