PDA

View Full Version : Football 20 Biggest Fails of the 2011 NFL Regular Season

Chiefnj2
01-04-2012, 08:35 AM
http://www.complex.com/sports/2012/01/video-the-20-biggest-fails-of-the-2011-nfl-regular-season/#gallery

KC has 2 of the 20. Can you guess which two?

blaise
01-04-2012, 08:36 AM
Their coach and their roster?

Reerun_KC
01-04-2012, 08:37 AM
My guess would be Cassel and Orton...

Both were complete embarrasements to the franchise...

Sofa King
01-04-2012, 08:57 AM
Dropping Gaither?

Starting Palko?

EDIT: Bowe are you shitting me?? Manute Bol wouldn't have caught that shit ball.

HemiEd
01-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I bet that comes back to haunt Bowe, and the fans of his that want him retained. I thought so at the time, there is no way to justify that, it was horrible.

ROFL at the Succop onside kick fail, but it wasn't too funny at the time.

Barret
01-04-2012, 09:06 AM
I am sorry, perhaps my eyes are failing me but where is Phyllis Rivers mishandling a snap that would have iced the game and then losing to the Chiefs in OT???

If that isn't a fail I am not sure what is.

BoneKrusher
01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Cassel and Haley

scho63
01-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I bet that comes back to haunt Bowe, and the fans of his that want him retained. I thought so at the time, there is no way to justify that, it was horrible.

ROFL at the Succop onside kick fail, but it wasn't too funny at the time.

:harumph:

I disagree-everyone is calling Bowe out for this but I look at where the ball is thrown; 4 feet over his head AND behind him by 2 feet. The chance of him catching this is ZERO and the slight chance he touches it it would have been a dreaded tip in the middle of a Steelers zone D. He just protected himself from what was a f*cking awful throw and sums up how Goddamn awful Puke-O was.

scho63
01-04-2012, 09:55 AM
I am sorry, perhaps my eyes are failing me but where is Phyllis Rivers mishandling a snap that would have iced the game and then losing to the Chiefs in OT???

:thumb:

That easily should have been in the Top 3 if not #1. It really set them back for a few games and kept our faint hopes alive.

lcarus
01-04-2012, 10:18 AM
Rivers fumbled snap on there? It should be #1....

Rain Man
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
I didn't realize that Tebow took a 30-yard sack. That was pretty funny.

That site is a bit of a fail in itself. It's slower than a Galopagos turtle with a hangover.

And yeah, putting the Bowe play on there was kind of dumb. Not even close to the biggest fail of the year. On our team alone I could point to a dozen Barry Richardson pass protection whiffs, a few Palko passes, some Matt Cassel screen pass spikes (and an interception), and a couple of Reshard Langford/Kendrick Lewis pass defense breakdowns.

ChiefsCountry
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM

At the stadium you could tell it was way overthrown at the time it happened live. Colinsworth being a douche on tv is the only reason this is blown up.

Hammock Parties
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Succop's onside kick, lmao.

Should have included Hat Cassel.

lcarus
01-04-2012, 10:50 AM
I didn't realize that Tebow took a 30-yard sack. That was pretty funny.

That site is a bit of a fail in itself. It's slower than a Galopagos turtle with a hangover.

And yeah, putting the Bowe play on there was kind of dumb. Not even close to the biggest fail of the year. On our team alone I could point to a dozen Barry Richardson pass protection whiffs, a few Palko passes, some Matt Cassel screen pass spikes (and an interception), and a couple of Reshard Langford/Kendrick Lewis pass defense breakdowns.

As much as I think Tebow sucks, that play wasn't so bad. It was 4th down (I think?) and they were already done for. Still funny and all, but the Rivers botched snap tops it I believe.

Amnorix
01-04-2012, 11:25 AM
As much as I think Tebow sucks, that play wasn't so bad. It was 4th down (I think?) and they were already done for. Still funny and all, but the Rivers botched snap tops it I believe.

Correct, it was fourth down, so that play really isnt' bad.

HemiEd
01-04-2012, 11:29 AM
At the stadium you could tell it was way overthrown at the time it happened live. Colinsworth being a douche on tv is the only reason this is blown up.
I respect the different view live, than we got on the tube.

So you think Bowe knew he had no chance to catch the ball, so he just kept his hands low, even though he jumped?

He was making some kind of statement, no question about it.

Extending his hands in a futile effort, would have been a more appropriate move IMO.

Micjones
01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Extending his hands in a futile effort, would have been a more appropriate move IMO.

That's where he messed up.

brorth
01-04-2012, 11:52 AM
That's where he messed up.

OT, but I have to ask because you've always seemed like a cool and down to earth online person:

What's going on with the "DTF boys" and "Who the kids gon listen to...huh? I guess me if it isn't you." ?

Are you making a statement, or is it just an incredibly unfortunate coincidence that the combo of those two statements seem so nefarious?

And the Bowe thing I think goes back to the old coach line about " if the ball isn't where it should be, you do everything you can to make sure they can't catch it either."

Frazod
01-04-2012, 12:21 PM

This. Seriously and no shit, this.

And considering that San Diego (just like us) missed the playoffs by a game, how in the hell was that not No. 1?

Cornstock
01-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I'd just like to start by saying I'm generally no Bowe sympathizer and believe in holding guys accountable for their screw-ups.

Another thing about the Bowe play that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that he was playing against a defense that is notorious for questionable hits on defenseless players. If you watch the replay you'll see that there was not necessarily anyone that would've "jacked him up" but you can't know there was no one there in the moment. That has to be in the back of any WR's mind going into a game against the Steelers.

The knock on Bowe is that he is easily frustrated and that does show up time and time again. He gets matched up in coverage with someone and he can disappear for extended periods of time, and even games (See the Denver game last year away where Champ Bailey shut him down. You can't tell me, even then, that Bailey was so much better than Bowe as to hold him catchless). Bowe was clearly frustrated by the Palko catastrophe, as were all of us. When you don't believe in a guy at QB you're not going to give him as much as a guy you want to go to battle with.

Does Bowe need to work on not getting frustrated so easily? Probably. But what he did was only human. I'm not going to sacrifice my body for a shit throw from a shit QB, why should I expect him to. Yes, he's a professional and is expected to do as much, but at what point does jumping up into a careening DB in a defenseless position with no chance of catching the ball interfere with this professional duty.

What I'm trying to say is Bowe may or may not have been wrong to not expose himself to try to make that catch. But I sure as hell can't blame him for what he did.