PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Joe Philbin

BossChief
01-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Just said on ESPN radio that he is interviewing with us today...not sure if for HC or coordinator.

Gonzo
01-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Q

AndChiefs
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Never heard of him. Until I read the other thread about him.

Brock
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
you don't say

Gonzo
01-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Sorry, I meant...

http://www.startrek.com/legacy_media/images/200307/q05/320x240.jpg

BossChief
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Frankies mom hacked my account

Gonzo
01-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Frankies mom hacked my account

4 more posts and you and I will be post-count twins...

You should feel awesome.

farmer
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Hell yes. Want this guy.

tooge
01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
We've landed on the moon!

HemiEd
01-04-2012, 10:08 AM
John Goodman is dead?

Predarat
01-04-2012, 10:09 AM
He is nothing but a token white boy interview so they can hire Romeo. You know to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

BigRichard
01-04-2012, 10:41 AM
He is nothing but a token white boy interview so they can hire Romeo. You know to satisfy the Rooney Rule.

I thought that was the Honkey rule???

Micjones
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
It's obviously for the Head Coaching job.
He wouldn't be making a lateral move.

Bane
01-04-2012, 11:55 AM
He looks just like Pisoli.Well without all the extra stupid and fat.

TimeForWasp
01-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Just put a Tom Landry hat on him and He could fit in.

http://www.millerhats.com/productimages/715.jpg

milkman
01-04-2012, 12:45 PM
He looks just like Pisoli.Well without all the extra stupid and fat.

He's 3 years younger than I am, but looks 15 years older.

Okie_Apparition
01-04-2012, 12:48 PM
So far no pictures of him in a sweater vest or "I'm a douche" turtle neck

Bane
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
He's 3 years younger than I am, but looks 15 years older.

Shit look at most coaches after 3-5 years,especially with a bad teamROFL.That job has to be terrible to deal with on a personal level.Can you imagine how bad Todd Haley's wife had it at home? I know most people say they dont take work home and vice versa but I find it hard to believe.

I don't go home and smack the ole lady around after a bad day or nothing but I'm definitely an asshole to deal with when shit hits the fan at work.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Mike McCarthy runs the offense in Green Bay, not Regis Philbin.

Rob Chudzinski is the offensive coordinator choice to be the Chiefs next HC.

Fritz88
01-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Why do you hate the Chiefs?

TimeForWasp
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
Pete Carmichael Jr from the Saints anyone? We should be scouring the Saints too.

Bane
01-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Pete Carmichael Jr from the Saints anyone? We should be scouring the Saints too.

Beats our 245 year old and angry teenager all to hell.

FloridaMan88
01-04-2012, 01:03 PM

Similar situation to Philbin in Green Bay... Sean Payton runs the offense in New Orleans.

Rob Chudzinski is the best OC to be the Chiefs HC.

ModSocks
01-04-2012, 01:11 PM

Rob is pretty high on my list as well. There were rumblings that his loss had a significant impact on the Chargers Offense this season.

WhiteWhale
01-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I would point out now that Mike McCarthy, when he was hired, was not accomplished nor considered a good coordinator. I think the season he was hired he had just coached one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Most people were baffled by it.

:shrug: Who knows? Good OC's/DC's don't always make the best head coaches.

Just, you know, say no to retreads.

htismaqe
01-04-2012, 01:29 PM

McCarty calls the plays on Sundays. Philbin prepares the game plans, charts the plays, scouts the opponent, and pretty much everything else an OC does. He just doesn't call the plays.

ModSocks
01-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I would point out now that Mike McCarthy, when he was hired, was not accomplished nor considered a good coordinator. I think the season he was hired he had just coached one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Most people were baffled by it.

:shrug: Who knows? Good OC's/DC's don't always make the best head coaches.

Just, you know, say no to retreads.

It's just a coincedence that most of these guys were never considered great until they got a QB.

Haley had Warner

McCarthy was shit till he got Rodgers

(insert Patriots OC here) with Brady.

The list goes on and on.

The fact remains, it doesn't matter who is calling the plays if you don't have a legit QB.

McCarthy could not come to KC and duplicate what he did in GB w/o Rodgers. Plain and simple.

What I like about this Philbin guy is that he's been around great Qb's and a working offense. MAYBE he knows what to look for. That's it.

But the same can be said for any coach.

WhiteWhale
01-04-2012, 01:34 PM
It's just a coincedence that most of these guys were never considered great until they got a QB.

Haley had Warner

McCarthy was shit till he got Rodgers

(insert Patriots OC here) with Brady.

The list goes on and on.

The fact remains, it doesn't matter who is calling the plays if you don't have a legit QB.

McCarthy could not come to KC and duplicate what he did in GB w/o Rodgers. Plain and simple.

What I like about this Philbin guy is that he's been around great Qb's and a working offense. MAYBE he knows what to look for. That's it.

But the same can be said for any coach.

Yeah, I think, unlike most people here, that QB's require developing. I don't think you draft a QB, open him up, and get a bust or a success.

Is it a coincidence that some coaches seem to find these guys more often? Maybe that's because they do a better job of developing them.

Alex Smith just had a career season thanks to a capable coach who helped elevate his game, and I don't think for one second that his coaching didn't give Andrew Luck a huge advantage as a young QB.

Your point isn't without merit as having a QB is vital to success, but viewing things in an absolute nature is small minded and almost always wrong. There are a lot of dynamic things at play.

Anyone who watched Steve Young before Walsh got his hands on him should be able to see what a great coach can do to a talented but underachieving QB. It can swing both ways. Good coaches matter too.

milkman
01-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Rob Chudzinski is the perfect illustration of how a QB makes or breaks a coach.

milkman
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I think, unlike most people here, that QB's require developing. I don't think you draft a QB, open him up, and get a bust or a success.

Is it a coincidence that some coaches seem to find these guys more often? Maybe that's because they do a better job of developing them.

Alex Smith just had a career season thanks to a capable coach who helped elevate his game.

Your point isn't without merit as having a QB is vital to success, but viewing things in an absolute nature is small minded and almost always wrong. There are a lot of dynamic things at play.

Alex Smith is a mediocre game manager.

Nothing more.

He had his best season because that team did their best Martyocre impression.

Let's just call him Alex Bono.