PDA

View Full Version : Poop smElway says Tebow needs to pull his Finger.

Kerberos
01-04-2012, 10:20 AM
eerrr..... I mean "The Trigger"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/elway-says-tebow-needs-to-pull-the-trigger/

Elway says Tebow needs to pull the trigger
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 4, 2012, 10:35 AM EST

Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow has thrown four interceptions in the last two games after throwing only two all season before that, but that doesn’t mean the team wants him to be more careful.

Instead, Broncos Executive V.P. of Football Operations John Elway says he’s worried that Tebow started playing it too safe as the Broncos competed for a playoff berth in December.

“That’s human nature, especially when you’re young, to become more cautious,” Elway told the Denver Post. “The key thing for [Tebow] is to go out, put everything behind him, go through his progressions and pull the trigger.”

Elway, who knows a thing or two about leading a team to a playoff victory in Denver, says he has confidence in what Tebow can do on Sunday against the Steelers.

“When you get into these playoff situations, he’s a good enough athlete, you know what, to pull the trigger,” Elway said. “He’s obviously upset with last week. He’s already got an edge to him, so he’s ready to go. I like seeing the edge. Oh, yeah. I actually love it. I have full confidence he’ll bounce back and have a good week.”

Elway has never seemed to be fully on board with Tebow, a quarterback he inherited when he took over the team. Whether Tebow can pull the trigger on Sunday and lead the Broncos to a playoff upset may go a long way toward determining whether Elway can buy into Tebow pulling the trigger for the Broncos’ offense beyond this weekend.

The Dawg?
01-04-2012, 10:32 AM
SmElway. That's funny.

Rain Man
01-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Nothing could be worse than quarterbacking for a GM who was barely average but was told for his entire career that he was great.

talastan
01-04-2012, 10:44 AM
I have mixed feelings about the Donks this weekend. I want Tebow to stay as the Donks QB therefore it would be best for him if the Donks win, but I also would be pissed if the Donks in their current state got another playoff win before we did. :sulk:

Sofa King
01-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Nice thread title. You definitely lured me in.

Elway is right. Tebow's a hesitant little bitch.

SDBRONCO
01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Elway should pull the Trigger on cutting Tebow's sorry ass.

Sofa King
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM

n00b.

talastan
01-04-2012, 11:22 AM

Hey n00b! STFU

vailpass
01-04-2012, 11:31 AM
Nothing could be worse than quarterbacking for a GM who was barely average but was told for his entire career that he was great.

LMAO

vailpass
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Don't let these regulars get you down. 3/4 of the posters here are the two old guys in the theatre box from the Muppet Show. Including me, now that I think about.
What the fuck are you looking at n00b?

Okie_Apparition
01-04-2012, 12:04 PM
He split his lip for you, you ungrateful son of a mare

listopencil
01-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Tebow does need to "pull the trigger". When he plays instinctively he's a better QB. I think that has a lot to do with his late game heroics. No time to think about it, just go out and play. Elway's right.

listopencil
01-04-2012, 12:14 PM

You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger. With each passing moment you make yourself more my servant.

Hog's Gone Fishin
01-04-2012, 01:51 PM
I hope that they Elway and Tebow are the face of the franchise forever. They've both proven to be poor decision makers.

SnakeXJones
01-04-2012, 01:52 PM
He just wants Tebow to brush his coat for him

DaWolf
01-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Tebow does need to "pull the trigger". When he plays instinctively he's a better QB. I think that has a lot to do with his late game heroics. No time to think about it, just go out and play. Elway's right.

You mean when teams go into the prevent defense and let him run around and complete it to a wide open receivers who they're playing soft coverage on rather than playing the same defense that shut him down for three and a half quarters?

vailpass
01-04-2012, 02:10 PM
You mean when teams go into the prevent defense and let him run around and complete it to a wide open receivers who they're playing soft coverage on rather than playing the same defense that shut him down for three and a half quarters?

No I think he means when Tebow is running around in a playoff game not throwing it against Kc defenders because they are all sitting home.

Frankie
01-04-2012, 02:28 PM

Huh?!!!

He split his lip for you, you ungrateful son of a mare

ROFLROFL

Rain Man
01-04-2012, 03:51 PM
I just now got the joke about Elway referencing Trigger.

BoneKrusher
01-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Brian Urlacher thinks Tebow's a good RB.

Sofa King
01-04-2012, 03:57 PM
I just now got the joke about Elway referencing Trigger.

Oh. I see what you did there.

Why the long face?

Kerberos
01-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh. I see what you did there.

Why the long face?

Elway is pounding the college campuses looking for a new QB with the first name ED.

listopencil
01-04-2012, 05:56 PM

I mean when he does things like sees a route open and throws it without thinking about it too much. He's been pretty good at that.