PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" QB's

ToxSocks
01-05-2012, 01:14 PM
I've said in many threads already that I really want Trent Richardson in the 1st because I think he'll be the BPA at a position of need. I think he'll have more of a Tomlinson type career more than an AP career and actually give us 6+ years of great production. This is all assuming we don't trade up for Luck or RGIII of course.

With that said, we MUST take the top QB after that, whether that means trading back up into the bottom of the 1st, top of the second, or even just standing where we are at. So, IMO and from what I've gathered from others, here are our top prospects available.

Personally, I'm a big Lindley fan. Maybe it's a San Diego thing, whatever, call me a homer. But I love his arm, size and intangibles. IMO, the guy passes the Eye test and when you listen to him interview, he sounds like a mature, NFL ready QB. Being 6-4" 230 lbs sure is damn helpful as well.

Lindley:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hvrt-CiUE0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tannehill:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oXDEzCf3C7Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Foles (I find this video to be obnoxious):

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UhaehG4uWoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Moore:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CoP1hFnrfGU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

htismaqe
01-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I've said in many threads already that I really want Trent Richardson in the 1st because I think he'll be the BPA at a position of need. I think he'll have more of a Tomlinson type career more than an AP career and actually give us 6+ years of great production. This is all assuming we don't trade up for Luck or RGIII of course.

Tons of yards, zero Super Bowls.

Ceej
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
Admittedly I don't watch much college football. I watched some of the Va. Tech v. Michigan game the other night. What about the QB for Va. Tech?! I'm pretty sure he's a junior, or maybe even younger. From what I saw he's pretty mobile, a strong arm and buitl similarly to Josh Freeman.

Thoughts?!

the Talking Can
01-05-2012, 02:13 PM
i was thinking about the same thread

add Cousins and Wilson

htismaqe
01-05-2012, 02:27 PM
i was thinking about the same thread

add Cousins and Wilson

I've seen Cousins A LOT and I don't think he's much more than Ricky Stanzi, honestly.

O.city
01-05-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd love to add Richardson.

This draft actually sets up nice for us to add a RB, RT, NT, and dpth every where.

Only one problem.

Ceej
01-05-2012, 02:35 PM
His name is Logan Thomas. Sophomore, 6-6, 254lbs.

I know this thread is primarily for QBs coming out this year.

But, I was intrigued by this QB from the little I saw of their last game.

KCrockaholic
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Tallest QB in NFL!!! RT @cmorgancbsfoxaz Confirming report by @DevilsDigest that B Osweiler is set 2 announce he's declaring for the Draft.

Here's a possible steal.

whoman69
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
After the first two picks, I don't see anyone that I'd like to use a higher pick on. If one of the top guys is still there on the 2nd day take them. You don't take that much of a reach just because they're position of need. I'd like to see us get a NT from a 3-4 system in the first two rounds. Best athlete for the first round.

Okie_Apparition
01-05-2012, 08:05 PM
If Sanzhez can go to back to back AFC Championship games on the back of a good running game & defense. Bring Trent Richardson the fuck on

NJChiefsFan
01-06-2012, 12:27 AM
Only one problem.

Atleast it's not a problem at an important position.

jd1020
01-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Tallest QB in NFL!!! RT @cmorgancbsfoxaz Confirming report by @DevilsDigest that B Osweiler is set 2 announce he's declaring for the Draft.

Here's a possible steal.

Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler will forgo his senior season and enter the 2012 NFL draft.
Listed at a mountainous 6-foot-8, 240, Osweiler started only 15 games in college and departed after head coach Dennis Erickson's exit at ASU. He didn't want to play in new coach Todd Graham's spread offense. In his career, Osweiler completed 412-of-680 passes (60.6 percent) for 5,082 yards (7.47 YPA), 33 touchdowns, and 15 interceptions. More athletic than his size might suggest, Osweiler was recruited to play basketball at Gonzaga. While clearly a project, Osweiler is going to be a highly intriguing NFL prospect.

Nightfyre
01-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Osweiler has tremendous upside but will need time.

RealSNR
01-08-2012, 12:58 PM
I'll kill my entire family if we draft Cousins to be our QBOTF.

I'd rather keep Stanzi and go full true fan by taking offensive linemen.

Chris Meck
01-08-2012, 02:56 PM
I like the potential of Moore, Foles, or Lindley. I don't think any of the three would be starter ready day one.

Take either, re-sign Orton, Stanzi backs up/competes draftee is 3rd string.

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I know he doesn't have the measurables but if we're grasping at straws for a QB, I'd take Kellen Moore. He's a winner.

Ebolapox
01-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I know he doesn't have the measurables but if we're grasping at straws for a QB, I'd take Kellen Moore. He's a winner.

or, we could bring ken dorsey out of retirement.

ArrowheadMagic
01-08-2012, 06:21 PM

LOL.... thats the chance you take... Or he could be Dalton or Yates. Never know. Yates or Sanchez?

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 06:27 PM

Dorsey played at the U. Hardly comparable.

Andy Dalton looks pretty good in the NFL, no?

Ebolapox
01-08-2012, 06:37 PM
Dorsey played at the U. Hardly comparable.

Andy Dalton looks pretty good in the NFL, no?

sorry, I was just being an asshole. if any of us had ANY clue as to who the great late rounders would be, we'd be in an nfl front office.

and yeah, dalton doesn't look too bad.

ArrowheadMagic
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
sorry, I was just being an asshole. if any of us had ANY clue as to who the great late rounders would be, we'd be in an nfl front office.

and yeah, dalton doesn't look too bad.

Sometimes heart and desire outweigh measurables. IT factor. The gifted leaders arent always the most physically gifted.

Ebolapox
01-08-2012, 10:43 PM
Sometimes heart and desire outweigh measurables. IT factor. The gifted leaders arent always the most physically gifted.

heart and desire tempered by talent is when the 'it' factor REALLY comes into play. drew brees is a great example, he could've given up a LONG time ago after being told he isn't tall enough--but his talent combined with his desire made him who he is today.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 09:27 AM
heart and desire tempered by talent is when the 'it' factor REALLY comes into play. drew brees is a great example, he could've given up a LONG time ago after being told he isn't tall enough--but his talent combined with his desire made him who he is today.

Which is why Kellen Moore is, in some ways, a perfect prospect.

He spent 4 years in college being told he was too this and too that to get a shot at a national championship. He's one of the original victims of "Boise State" Syndrome.

I'm guessing he'd love nothing more than to prove to everybody that he can play with the big boys.

Chiefnj2
01-09-2012, 11:42 AM
If you want to take a chance on a late round developmental QB take Jefferson from LSU.

ToxSocks
01-09-2012, 03:24 PM

He spent 4 years in college being told he was too this and too that to get a shot at a national championship. He's one of the original victims of "Boise State" Syndrome.

I'm guessing he'd love nothing more than to prove to everybody that he can play with the big boys.

I agree. I like Moore and think he takes too much shit for being small. If he were 6-4" 230 the dude would be a 1st round prospect.

htismaqe
01-09-2012, 04:37 PM
If you want to take a chance on a late round developmental QB take Jefferson from LSU.

He needs to really step it up tonight. He's had his games, but overall he's just not that good...

Chiefnj2
01-10-2012, 08:35 AM
He needs to really step it up tonight. He's had his games, but overall he's just not that good...

Step up, he did not.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Step up, he did not.

Yeah.

I don't get why Miles won't play Lee. I guess me and a lot of other people.

Molitoth
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM

This.

Everyone hates on Moore because of weird reasons.

Heart and desire are worth more than a couple inches in height.

Frosty
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
This.

Everyone hates on Moore because of weird reasons.

Heart and desire are worth more than a couple inches in height.

The major concern that I have seen for Moore is if he has NFL arm strength. He could be the next Brees or the next Timmy Chang.

MIAdragon
01-10-2012, 10:00 AM

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/photo/2012/0101/nfl_u_brees_cr_576.jpg

Dr. Gigglepants
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I like the potential of Moore, Foles, or Lindley. I don't think any of the three would be starter ready day one.

Take either, re-sign Orton, Stanzi backs up/competes draftee is 3rd string.

I would like Foles in the 2nd round and sitting him behind Orton or Cassel for a year and seeing what Zorn can do with him. I agree about the dropoff after Luck and RGIII, but there seems to be a lot of potential in these 2nd tier guys.

I see a problem though with a lot of teams around us reaching for these guys, so we would probably have to reach for one to get them, which I doubt Pioli would do.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 12:28 PM
The major concern that I have seen for Moore is if he has NFL arm strength. He could be the next Brees or the next Timmy Chang.

Brees doesn't have the greatest arm strength either. He can get the ball where it needs to be.

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 12:29 PM
I would like Foles in the 2nd round and sitting him behind Orton or Cassel for a year and seeing what Zorn can do with him. I agree about the dropoff after Luck and RGIII, but there seems to be a lot of potential in these 2nd tier guys.

I see a problem though with a lot of teams around us reaching for these guys, so we would probably have to reach for one to get them, which I doubt Pioli would do.

I actually much prefer Stanzi to Foles. I'm just not a big Foles fan, I don't think his game translates well to the NFL.

Chiefnj2
01-10-2012, 12:56 PM
I would gladly take a chance on Foles and the 2nd.

Dr. Gigglepants
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
I actually much prefer Stanzi to Foles. I'm just not a big Foles fan, I don't think his game translates well to the NFL.

I don't know a ton about Foles, I was just basing it off of measureables. I would really be satisfied with anyone from Luck, RGIII, or any of these other 2nd tier guys.

I have/had hopes for Stanzi, I heard a lot about him pre draft, Kiper loved him, I like what extremely little I saw in the preseason from him. I thought we got a steal taking him in the 5th. I can't figure out why he never sniffed the field during this complete train wreck of a season from our QB's.

I have been thinking there must be something we're not seeing as far as his development. Maybe he's taking a little longer and he could still work out, I just tend to think that since he slid all the way to the 5th round, plus couldn't get on the field for us in a season where there is no excuse not to at least give him a look, that there is something they are still working on with him.

I'm sure I could search the thread and answer the question myself, but are you thinking we should stay pat at QB if we can't get Luck or RGIII?

htismaqe
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't know a ton about Foles, I was just basing it off of measureables. I would really be satisfied with anyone from Luck, RGIII, or any of these other 2nd tier guys.

Big guy with good measurables. I really question if he's got much above his shoulders though.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2012, 03:07 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Mayock on #BoiseState QB Kellen Moore: "Does not have big arm. Can't drive it outside numbers. But nobody understands the game any better."

I don't want any part of this guy. And stop it with the Drew Brees comparison, Brees has no trouble getting the ball down field....

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Mayock's top 3 quarterbacks for the 2012 draft: 1) Stanford's Andrew Luck 2) Baylor's Robert Griffin III 3) Texas A&M's Ryan Tannehill.

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Evan Silva @evansilva
Mayock: Tannehill is pretty entrenched as No. 3 QB in draft. Says Weeden, Foles, Osweiler, Cousins, Lindley competing for spots 4-5.

aturnis
01-23-2012, 04:47 PM

Agreed. Foles is no Stanzi. His production should be better though, he ran an Air Raid offense.

Chiefnj2
01-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Early senior bowl practice report from Monday:

"Though its still early, Kellen Moore (QB/Boise State) does not look good. He shows no ability to put speed on his passes and his throws have consistently been behind receivers."

Setsuna
01-23-2012, 09:51 PM
Agreed. Foles is no Stanzi. His production should be better though, he ran an Air Raid offense.

Air raid offense against 0 defense.

Chiefnj2
01-23-2012, 10:05 PM
5. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State, 6-4, 229, 5.10 (South). At one point during practice, Lindley had thrown almost as many passes into the turf as into his receivers' hands. He showed slight improvement later, but not enough to save the day. He looked like a slow-twitch athlete who was deliberate in his movement. He also had the worst arm strength among South QBs.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-23/senior-bowl-dish-day-1-of-practice-reveals-a-lot#ixzz1kLSY79Av

Mr_Tomahawk
01-23-2012, 10:08 PM
5. Ryan Lindley, QB, San Diego State, 6-4, 229, 5.10 (South). At one point during practice, Lindley had thrown almost as many passes into the turf as into his receivers' hands. He showed slight improvement later, but not enough to save the day. He looked like a slow-twitch athlete who was deliberate in his movement. He also had the worst arm strength among South QBs.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-23/senior-bowl-dish-day-1-of-practice-reveals-a-lot#ixzz1kLSY79Av

Not good.

aturnis
01-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Air raid offense against 0 defense.

Exactly. The real knock on him is the Air Raid though. Kind of a QB friendly system. Especially helps a completion percentage always having a dumpoff route.

Chiefnj2
01-23-2012, 10:20 PM
By Bo Wulf
Posted 2 hours ago
MOBILE, Alabama

Finally, the first day of quarterback competition was an easy victory in favor of Oklahoma State’s Brandon Weeden, the 28-year-old former Minor League baseball player. Weeden was on point all afternoon long, hitting receivers in stride in one-on-one drills, seven-on-sevens and, more importantly, team drills. Weeden also impressed with his ability to throw on the move, especially rolling left on a few play-action plays. Knowing that every team will be concerned about his advanced age, Weeden was very polished following practice in his explanation of using his maturity as a strength, rather than a weakness. Perhaps the upside isn’t atmospheric with Weeden, but his floor is relatively high. Arizona’s Nick Foles, on the other hand, has a stronger arm than Weeden but struggled with accuracy at times in intermediate routes and was understandably not quite calibrated with his receivers on deep balls. Foles did show nice awareness on a few check-downs in the face of pressure. Most expects Foles to rebound with better performances as the week goes on. San Diego State’s Ryan Lindley is a level below both Weeden and Foles.

Tribal Warfare
01-24-2012, 07:58 AM
2012 Senior Bowl: Weigh-In Analysis (http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2012weighin.php)
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles (6-5, 244) had a perfect body for an NFL signal-caller. He is tall and filled out to take the hits. There were oos and ahhs from scouts after his measurements were announced.

the Talking Can
01-24-2012, 08:15 AM
2012 Senior Bowl: Weigh-In Analysis (http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2012weighin.php)
Arizona quarterback Nick Foles (6-5, 244) had a perfect body for an NFL signal-caller. He is tall and filled out to take the hits. There were oos and ahhs from scouts after his measurements were announced.

were they jerking off too?

Nightfyre
01-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Did they watch his game tape?