PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Todd Haley going back to the Cardinals?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 06:33 PM
mikejureckiMike Jurecki

Hearing Todd Haley is on the Cardinals radar .... the plot thickens. #justsayin

Cardinals plan to speak with Haley about return

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt is expected to talk to former Chiefs coach Todd Haley about a position on the Cardinals coaching staff, according to NFL sources.

Haley, the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 through 2009, was fired by the Chiefs in December when the Chiefs had a 5-8 record. Haley was 19-27 as a head coach and his Chiefs team won the AFC West title in 2010.

Haley and Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt have been friends for years, and Haley was offensive coordinator in 2008 and 2009 when the Cardinals won consecutive NFC West titles.

It’s unknown what title Haley would have should he return to the Cardinals, but he likely would be place in charge of the offense again.

The Cardinals have not been nearly as good on offense since Haley left, but his departure also coincided with the retirement of quarterback Kurt Warner. The Cardinals have had four different starting quarterbacks since Warner retired.

When Haley left, Mike Miller was promoted from receivers coach to passing game coordinator. Russ Grimm was assistant head coach/offensive line and run game coordinator. After that season, Miller was promoted to offensive coordinator, while Grimm remained assistant head coach. He continued to have a strong influence on the offensive game plan.

Whisenhunt would have to create a position for Haley, which would mean either re-organizing his existing coaching staff or adding a coach.

Haley is fiery and emotional, and several Cardinals players, including receiver Larry Fitzgerald, credit Haley with challenging them to become better players.

Haley, however, can be an acquired taste, and not everyone develops it. Haley and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli reportedly had a contentious relationship, a factor that played into Haley’s dismissal.

KCrockaholic
01-05-2012, 06:34 PM
lol Breaston's gonna be like "WTF!"

COchief
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
For what? HC, OC, WR coach, official team groper?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-05-2012, 06:35 PM
OC? HC?

BossChief
01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
:popcorn:

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
OC? HC?

I'm sure OC

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm sure OC

Gonna say... I hadn't heard Takeawizzandpunt had been fired

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Amusing. He isn't going to be a HC again for a long time, if ever.

Deberg_1990
01-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Back to his competency level.
Posted via Mobile Device

SuperChief
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
...bring him in for a look?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM

He will be a HC again.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 06:45 PM
He will be a HC again.

LMAO

Love never dies.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 06:49 PM
LMAO

Love never dies.

You wanna suck off Fisher but he took over a good roster 7-9,8-8,8-8

Haley took over a crap roster 4-12,10-6,5-7 all with GM that wouldn't leave him alone.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
LMAO

Love never dies.

How can you see to type with Fisher's sack covering your eyes?

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Are we seriously debating Haley vs Fisher?

LMAO

Shogun
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Haley vs Fisher - The Mediocre Bowl

RealSNR
01-05-2012, 06:54 PM

Haley took over a crap roster 4-12,10-6,5-7 all with GM that wouldn't leave him alone.I will repeat this on this forum whenever people bring up Haley.

You don't put your confidence in Tyler fucking Palko and expect people to respect you. It's a rule of business, and if it's not, then it should be.

That one action alone is what deserved to get him fired, if not for all his other bullshit.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Are we seriously debating Haley vs Fisher?

LMAO

Neither have won a SB. What is there to debate?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 06:55 PM
No coach will ever be any good with Pioli as the GM. Your boy fisher talked with him for about 2 hours and he was running for the door.

BossChief
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM

Care to make a wager?

I bet he is a head coach again by the 2014 season unless he decides to take this year off paid.

If he coaches this year, I don't think the Chiefs have to pay him. If that's right, he should sit.

If that is the case, it bumps till 2015.

Basically I'm saying that after 2 years of coaching, he will get another head coaching job.

Game?

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2012, 06:57 PM
I will repeat this on this forum whenever people bring up Haley.

You don't put your confidence in Tyler fucking Palko and expect people to respect you. It's a rule of business, and if it's not, then it should be.

That one action alone is what deserved to get him fired, if not for all his other bullshit.

He stuck with Palko because he knew he was done anyway and just said fuck it. That's my view.

HemiEd
01-05-2012, 07:00 PM
He will be a HC again.

I agree, he has a lot of strong points

Shogun
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
As a wise man once said. Jeff Fisher could make a 6-10 team to 8-8, and could take a 10-6 team to 8-8.

BossChief
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM

while I agree, we don't really know how far Piolis power trip went.

If Orton never breaks his finger, Haley may still be our head coach.
No coach will ever be any good with Pioli as the GM.

Haha

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 07:02 PM
As a wise man once said. Jeff Fisher could make a 6-10 team to 8-8, and could take a 10-6 team to 8-8.

Yup

Royal Fanatic
01-05-2012, 07:05 PM
while I agree, we don't really know how far Piolis power trip went.

If Orton never breaks his finger, Haley may still be our head coach.

Haha

I'm not sure how you arrived at that conclusion.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Neither have won a SB. What is there to debate?

142 wins vs gets blown out 1/3 of the time... LMAO

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Care to make a wager?

I bet he is a head coach again by the 2014 season unless he decides to take this year off paid.

If he coaches this year, I don't think the Chiefs have to pay him. If that's right, he should sit.

If that is the case, it bumps till 2015.

Basically I'm saying that after 2 years of coaching, he will get another head coaching job.

Game?

Yep.

As soon as he's a head coach again you can have my sig for a year.

It ain't ever happening.

Easy 6
01-05-2012, 07:14 PM

You don't put your confidence in Tyler ****ing Palko and expect people to respect you. It's a rule of business, and if it's not, then it should be.

As much as i truly liked many elements of Haleys style, its impossible to do anything but agree with this post.

That decision was epically bad, he must've fell in love with the fact that Palko looked like he might actually be an NFL qb... looking a defense off, didnt totally piss himself under pressure, looked mostly calm & in control, wasnt Matt Cassel... yep, he could do everything but throw the damn ball.

In no way was he the best option to 'win a game', Haley should've known better.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
The fact that Haley's only job prospect right now is Arizona is telling.

I bet he's not even viewed as a good OC choice around the league.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 07:18 PM

I bet he's not even viewed as a good OC choice around the league.

I'm getting ready to remove my sig its been almost a week and you have the same sig.

Brock
01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
He will be a HC again.

Never.

BossChief
01-05-2012, 07:26 PM
142 wins vs gets blown out 1/3 of the time... LMAO

Jeff Fishers 2009 team got blown out just as bad and at times far worse.

30-10 to Dallas
31-9 to Indy
37-17 to Jacksonville
59-0 to NE

Those were all in the first 6 games (all losses), till Vince Young came in and saved his sorry ass and the team went 8-2 the rest of the way to finish the year 8-8.

How many more times would he have been blown out that year if he didn't have VY?

Fuck Jeff Fisher. We know he is a hair above average with no real chance to get into the top tier....there are a few guys out there that have that potential and I would hope that's the direction we are in.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm getting ready to remove my sig its been almost a week and you have the same sig.

That's not my problem dipshit.

Someone has to PROVIDE ME WITH A SIG.

It's not my responsibility to provide the sig myself.

BossChief
01-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Bitch made poster makes bitch made post. If you make a deal, you stick to it.

Nobody has to redeem a lottery ticket the first day they find out it's a winner.

You want to make a avatar for him?

I'll tell you what I want it to be, but I can't make it on my phone and my computer is out of commission for a few days.

Hammock Parties
01-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Get 4th and Long to make it, he hates me.

Urc Burry
01-05-2012, 07:40 PM

Haley took over a crap roster 4-12,10-6,5-7 all with GM that wouldn't leave him alone.

Yeah Pioli is the reason we lose the first two games by a combined 89-10, to the fucking bills and lions

Okie_Apparition
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Once you go red...

ModSocks
01-05-2012, 08:10 PM
That's not my problem dipshit.

Someone has to PROVIDE ME WITH A SIG.

It's not my responsibility to provide the sig myself.

I'll provide you with a sig. What's it suppose to say?

Gonzo
01-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Yep.

As soon as he's a head coach again you can have my sig for a year.

It ain't ever happening.

College and pro or just pro?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city
01-05-2012, 08:13 PM
There is no way he is a head coach again.

He was a fucking disaster.

-King-
01-05-2012, 08:28 PM
No coach will ever be any good with Pioli as the GM. Your boy fisher talked with him for about 2 hours and he was running for the door.

What the hell is your infatuation with a guy that threw games? Any coach that throws games under ANY circumstances does not deserve another head coaching job.

Simply Red
01-05-2012, 08:31 PM

You don't put your confidence in Tyler ****ing Palko and expect people to respect you. It's a rule of business, and if it's not, then it should be.

Why do you hate Lil' Wayne Concerts?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Maybe he'll take Palko with him.

Lightrise
01-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Well I liked Haley and I also agree the biggest barrier was Pioli. Haley deserves a ton of credit for changing culture, helping turn around Bowe and Johnson too. His late hire made it impossible to hire a staff and he did the right thing dumping the OC even if it was at the last minute, had to be done. The lockout made it impossible to get Stanzi prepared and while Palko was a disaster, he just didn't have enough time to complete the job. He deserved another year, and I'm quite sure that he was very annoyed with Cassel, not the kind of QB he wants. We may get stuck with Crennel and perhaps he is the right guy for now, but Pioli and Hunt should have let him fight through it. History on these kind of promotions is not favorable either. We shall see, but somebody who eventually takes a chance on Haley again is going to benefit. Those darn injuries were devastating, and it he still managed to get us back in the hunt. My biggest problem with Haley was the Muir promotion, but Weis complicated that too. Then Baldwin screwed up as well, and the 09 draft class was horrible anyway. Hunt is going to learn a lesson here, you decide what the 'Chief's way is, not import a cultural 'way' from some other organization, total crap.

Rasputin
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Hope Haley takes Palko with him...

They are meant for each other.

Simply Red
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I absolutely bet some dumbass roles the dice w/ Haley in the future, as HC.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Some of you clowns blaming Haley for Palko are the same ones who were perfectly content with Herm parading Brokie Crolye out there when Huard got hurt. Can you say double standard?

Brodie Croyle as a starter: 0-10
Tyler Palko.....1-3

KCrockaholic
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
All this QB drama just makes me wish we had kept Thiggy. He could run, throw, AND catch.

-King-
01-05-2012, 09:10 PM
Some of you clowns blaming Haley for Palko are the same ones who were perfectly content with Herm parading Brokie Crolye out there when Huard got hurt. Can you say double standard?

Tyler Palko.....1-3

I'd take Brodie ANY FUCKING DAY and twice on Sundays over Palko. And this is a moot argument because Herm didn't have any other QBs to go to. Haley had both Orton and Stanzi.

DTLB58
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Well I liked Haley and I also agree the biggest barrier was Pioli. Haley deserves a ton of credit for changing culture, helping turn around Bowe and Johnson too. His late hire made it impossible to hire a staff and he did the right thing dumping the OC even if it was at the last minute, had to be done. The lockout made it impossible to get Stanzi prepared and while Palko was a disaster, he just didn't have enough time to complete the job. He deserved another year, and I'm quite sure that he was very annoyed with Cassel, not the kind of QB he wants. We may get stuck with Crennel and perhaps he is the right guy for now, but Pioli and Hunt should have let him fight through it. History on these kind of promotions is not favorable either. We shall see, but somebody who eventually takes a chance on Haley again is going to benefit. Those darn injuries were devastating, and it he still managed to get us back in the hunt. My biggest problem with Haley was the Muir promotion, but Weis complicated that too. Then Baldwin screwed up as well, and the 09 draft class was horrible anyway. Hunt is going to learn a lesson here, you decide what the 'Chief's way is, not import a cultural 'way' from some other organization, total crap.

A couple of issues here.....How is it impossible because of the lockout, for Stanzi to get "ready" when we saw what we did out of Cam Newton and Andy Dalton? Plus T.J. Yates finally got his chance after two others got hurt in front of him?
I don't know how Weis complicated the "Muir" promotion. Word was out before the regular season was over that year that Charlie was leaving so they had more time to find a replacement than any other normal year including the year Haley got hired.

It wasn't Hunt who decide which "way" to go. He hired Scott, paid him handsomely, $5 million per year if I recall right and let him do his job. He knew hiring him he would do things a certain way and probably agreed to that based on his track record.
If Pioli would have changed things all up once he got to KC and failed we would have been all over him worse than now.

Just my take.

Royal Fanatic
01-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Aparagraphhereandtherewouldhavebeennice.

BigMeatballDave
01-05-2012, 10:04 PM
I'd take Brodie ANY FUCKING DAY and twice on Sundays over Palko. And this is a moot argument because Herm didn't have any other QBs to go to. Haley had both Orton and Stanzi.

Orton had a crooked finger.

O.city
01-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Orton had a crooked finger.

After he was put in in the 2nd quarter after palko had started the game.

O.city
01-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Would anyone argue that with Orton playing hte way he did the last 3 games, had we had him just playing at that level all season we win the west.

Prob win 10 games.

J Diddy
01-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Would anyone argue that with Orton playing hte way he did the last 3 games, had we had him just playing at that level all season we win the west.

Prob win 10 games.

dude if Orton would've started 5 games instead of 3 we would have won the west.

ModSocks
01-05-2012, 10:25 PM
dude if Orton would've started 5 games instead of 3 we would have won the west.

I still can't believe they could only score 7 points last week. The Day Muir officially retires I will JIMP.

Fuck the head coach search, i'm more anxious to see who'll be running the offense.

O.city
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM
I still can't believe they could only score 7 points last week. The Day Muir officially retires I will JIMP.

**** the head coach search, i'm more anxious to see who'll be running the offense.

This.

We put up like 400 yards agains the pack and the Faid and only scored 19 and 13 points. Thats redic.

J Diddy
01-05-2012, 10:27 PM

**** the head coach search, i'm more anxious to see who'll be running the offense.

I agree. I personally think RC is head coach and zorn will be the OC. I think the DC will be filled in house and Special Teams coach will be from the outside.

Urc Burry
01-05-2012, 10:28 PM

See the people who think Haley is the main contributor to Bowe's and DJ's turnaround don't make much sense to me. DJ always had the potential, and I think he really thrived under Romeo. Bowe always was a beast. His rookie and 2nd season were pretty much identical to the last two seasons outside of the 15 touchdowns last year.

Tyler Palko.....1-3

There is a difference.. Brokie was a 3rd rounder and had a lot of potential but fell because he was injury prone. Our team was absolute garbage when he was starting, there is no getting around that. Tyler Palko is a bum from Arizona who couldn't even make in the CFL. No comparison at all

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Cardinals plan to speak with Haley about return

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt is expected to talk to former Chiefs coach Todd Haley about a position on the Cardinals coaching staff, according to NFL sources.

Haley, the Cardinals offensive coordinator from 2007 through 2009, was fired by the Chiefs in December when the Chiefs had a 5-8 record. Haley was 19-27 as a head coach and his Chiefs team won the AFC West title in 2010.

Haley and Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt have been friends for years, and Haley was offensive coordinator in 2008 and 2009 when the Cardinals won consecutive NFC West titles.

It’s unknown what title Haley would have should he return to the Cardinals, but he likely would be place in charge of the offense again.

The Cardinals have not been nearly as good on offense since Haley left,When Haley left, Mike Miller was promoted from receivers coach to passing game coordinator. Russ Grimm was assistant head coach/offensive line and run game coordinator. After that season, Miller was promoted to offensive coordinator, while Grimm remained assistant head coach. He continued to have a strong influence on the offensive game plan.

Whisenhunt would have to create a position for Haley, which would mean either re-organizing his existing coaching staff or adding a coach.

Haley is fiery and emotional, and several Cardinals players, including receiver Larry Fitzgerald, credit Haley with challenging them to become better players.

Haley, however, can be an acquired taste, and not everyone develops it. Haley and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli reportedly had a contentious relationship, a factor that played into Haley’s dismissal.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2012, 07:12 PM
mikejureckiMike Jurecki

Hearing Haley deal w/ Cards will be done early part of next week. #cards

-King-
01-07-2012, 07:13 PM
Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

gblowfish
01-07-2012, 07:15 PM
Think Haley will shave and put on a clean shirt for his job interview?

O.city
01-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Can we send all the Cardinal players he brought here back with him?

Save Breaston.

Setsuna
01-07-2012, 07:20 PM
I wanted him in Jax for OC. Oh well.

chiefforlife
01-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Haley and McDaniels both returning to their old jobs. Weird.

Hammock Parties
01-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Haley and McDaniels both returning to their old jobs. Weird.

That's because they fucking destroyed their coaching reputations in the last two years.

boogblaster
01-07-2012, 07:31 PM
liked haley his first year .. he cut alot of trash .. after that he was given a weak schedule and did alright .. then this year it all pissed backward .. him included ......

Phobia
01-07-2012, 07:45 PM

That sounds like a pretty ignorant assumption to me. Are you in touch with Haley's representatives?

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Chris_HamblinChris Hamblin

Hearing Cards have offered Todd Haley a spot on staff. Jets also showing interest in him as OC. Maybe even HC option 2.

Brock
01-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Chris_HamblinChris Hamblin

Hearing Cards have offered Todd Haley a spot on staff. Jets also showing interest in him as OC. Maybe even HC option 2.

LMAO Yeah. Sure. After all, the Jets got a firsthand look at that awesome football mind at work.

Titty Meat
01-08-2012, 01:04 AM
Will Haley hi-jack the offense when he doesn't get his way?

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 06:24 AM
That's because they ****ing destroyed their coaching reputations in the last two years.

Haley will ultimately be exonerated here in KC.

memyselfI
01-08-2012, 07:57 AM
Good for them. Good riddance.

BoneKrusher
01-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Good Riddance and Dont come back, Ever.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2012, 08:03 AM
He'll make a good swing coach in the player's offseason golf routine.

Pasta Little Brioni
01-08-2012, 08:04 AM
I wanted him in Jax for OC. Oh well.

Why? ROFL

Marcellus
01-08-2012, 10:15 AM
He will succeed and get a HC job again in the future. Yea he was an issue but Pioli is the biggest issue and it will be proven.

-King-
01-08-2012, 10:20 AM
He will succeed and get a HC job again in the future. Yea he was an issue but Pioli is the biggest issue and it will be proven.
I'll take pioli any day over a coach that tanks games especially when his team is still in playoff contention.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
01-08-2012, 10:23 AM
I'll take pioli any day over a coach that tanks games especially when his team is still in playoff contention.
Posted via Mobile Device

You got him, lets see how that works out for us.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2012, 10:39 AM
People still defend Haley?

Really?

SAUTO
01-08-2012, 10:41 AM

Really?

Mind-bottling
Posted via Mobile Device

Titty Meat
01-08-2012, 10:44 AM

He sabotaged the franchise because he didn't get his way. Who would want to put a guy like that in charge again?

Rausch
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM
Don't care where he goes as long as he GTFO...

whoman69
01-08-2012, 11:08 AM
Warning, entering tin foil hat territory.

stonedstooge
01-08-2012, 11:18 AM
I thought the majority of CP wanted to tank games this season. Head coach has to take the lead in that

BossChief
01-08-2012, 11:33 AM
He should probably wait.

A few teams are gonna have change at coordinator and there will be opportunities....but if he is wanted back in Arizona as an OC and he feels he can run his offense with Kolb, he should probably make that move.

His family knows the area, Kolb wasn't very impressive and if Haley comes in and gets that offense back on track and some guys play above their heads (like has happened everywhere he has been) he will be a head coach again sooner rather than later.

BossChief
01-08-2012, 11:35 AM
He sabotaged the franchise because he didn't get his way. Who would want to put a guy like that in charge again?

People that know the whole story.

Rausch
01-08-2012, 11:47 AM

He's a hateful douchebag.

That's the whole fucking story...

Titty Meat
01-08-2012, 01:00 PM

Pioli forced him to play Palko right?

RealSNR
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Who was responsible for this miscarriage?

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tyler+Palko+Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Kansas+City+1Fa--DOH2bVl.jpg

If it's Pioli, then he should get the ax.

From what we hear, that one was all Haley.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Pioli forced him to play Palko right?

He kind of did, by not doing a damn thing in 3 years to adjust the QB depth.

I think people are making way too much out of this QB conspiracy. His decision was to start Palko over Stanzi. Agree or disagree, there are legit reasons to make that decision. In terms of Orton, he decided not to rush forcing him onto the team without knowing the playbook or rushing him back from injury. Maybe a bit conservatively, but again there are reasons.

It's all conspiracy theory.

O.city
01-08-2012, 01:07 PM

I think people are making way too much out of this QB conspiracy. His decision was to start Palko over Stanzi. Agree or disagree, there are legit reasons to make that decision. In terms of Orton, he decided not to rush forcing him onto the team without knowing the playbook or rushing him back from injury. Maybe a bit conservatively, but again there are reasons.

Thats all good for 2 games. But after we saw what Palko brought there was no reason for that to happen again.

Orton after being here two weeks would have been a better option.

Haley, starting Palko, more than likely cost us the AFCW division champ.

RealSNR
01-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I think people are making way too much out of this QB conspiracy. His decision was to start Palko over Stanzi. Agree or disagree, there are legit reasons to make that decision.Like what?

STANZI WASN'T READY LOL????????

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM
Thats all good for 2 games. But after we saw what Palko brought there was no reason for that to happen again.

Haley, starting Palko, more than likely cost us the AFCW division champ.

I don't agree with the decision to start Palko against Chicago. But Haley made the clear QB switch in the 2nd quarter to Orton before he got injured. After he got injured, who knows if Haley would have started Palko or Orton against Green Bay. I'm sure he would have.

I blame him for being overly conservative in handling that situation in that he waited for Orton to be put in a comfortable situation before putting him in. Maybe in handling Stanzi, but we have absolutely no idea where he is in development right now.

But that's different from saying he was doing it to spite the organization.

And no, I don't think that cost us the AFCW championship. Who knows if Orton's finger was at all ready to play against the Jets. And who knows how well Stanzi would have played.

DTLB58
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
[QUOTE=O.city;8274804]Thats all good for 2 games. But after we saw what Palko brought there was no reason for that to happen again.

Haley, starting Palko, more than likely cost us the AFCW division champ.[/QUOTE

Or just as simple as Bowe dropping the F-ing ball in the gosh darn end zone could be seen as costing the division also.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Like what?

STANZI WASN'T READY LOL????????

We have no fucking clue how ready Stanzi is. Maybe he was being overly conservative. Or maybe he is very unprepared. There are good reasons to believe either story. Without knowing the answer, it's ridiculous to make accusations as if we know for sure.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 01:19 PM
For the record, I'm not a big fan of him from a playcalling standpoint. He was a lot more conservative than I thought he'd be. But coupled with a strong playcaller like Whisenhunt, it's a good match.

I still believe that matched up with the right front office, Haley has the upside to be a good head coach. I'm not backing off of that. I think he handled his relationship with Pioli like a little child, but I also believe that Pioli treated him like a child, so...

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 01:34 PM
For the record, I'm not a big fan of him from a playcalling standpoint. He was a lot more conservative than I thought he'd be. But coupled with a strong playcaller like Whisenhunt, it's a good match.

I still believe that matched up with the right front office, Haley has the upside to be a good head coach. I'm not backing off of that. I think he handled his relationship with Pioli like a little child, but I also believe that Pioli treated him like a child, so...

He had to be conservative. He was given the 2nd worst QB in the league in YPA.

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 01:36 PM

Really?

Not defending Haley. Just not willing to say that he was THE problem here.

Because he wasn't.

O.city
01-08-2012, 01:38 PM
Anyone remember how bad our qb was against the Steelers? No reason to trot that back out there.

I agree with htis, Haley was a problem but not the problem.

I will say, if Pioli can get a franchise qb, he'll have done a pretty good job, roster wise here.

mnchiefsguy
01-08-2012, 01:44 PM

Bull. Orton was clearly the best choice to start. Haley deserved to be fired. If Orton starts, we finish at least 8-8.

Pioli went out and spent an extra 3 million or so to get Orton for less than half a season. Pioli provided a better alternative to Palko, it was Haley who failed to utilize it.

BossChief
01-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Pioli forced him to play Palko right?It's possible.

Even Tom Brady was kept inactive his whole rookie year and Orton had a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

Bull. Orton was clearly the best choice to start. Haley deserved to be fired. If Orton starts, we finish at least 8-8.

Pioli went out and spent an extra 3 million or so to get Orton for less than half a season. Pioli provided a better alternative to Palko, it was Haley who failed to utilize it.

Orton had a broken index finger on his throwing hand.

O.city
01-08-2012, 01:56 PM
Well Orton did have the broken finger becasue we didn't start him in Chicago, brought him in in the second quarter and ran a first play flea flicker.

So....

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 02:45 PM

Haley hooked Palko in the Bears game. Haley was ultra-conservative about waiting until he thought Orton was ready, yes. But the only game that may have affected was the Steelers' game. I don't agree with the decision to wait that long, but it's a perfectly justifiable reason.

whoman69
01-08-2012, 03:04 PM
Everyone saw how good Carson Palmer was rushed into action without really knowing the playbook. Maybe Orton should have started against Chicago, but we did win that game so it didn't cost us there. I don't think you can even say Orton would have been ready against Pittsburg. He was only on the team for a week and a half and had very few practices.

Royal Fanatic
01-08-2012, 04:08 PM

Because he wasn't.
You're right, Haley wasn't THE problem.

However, Haley was certainly a problem, and in retrospect he was a bad hire. Did he do some good things? Sure. He got Duane Bowe and Derrick Johnson to play up to their potential. But in the end the bad outweighed the good. Any coach who changes offensive coordinators every year and starts Tyler Fucking Palko through sheer stubbornness is a problem.

Royal Fanatic
01-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Everyone saw how good Carson Palmer was rushed into action without really knowing the playbook. Maybe Orton should have started against Chicago, but we did win that game so it didn't cost us there. I don't think you can even say Orton would have been ready against Pittsburg. He was only on the team for a week and a half and had very few practices.
I've got to think he was more ready than Tyler Palko. You can't really compare Orton with Palmer because Orton was starting for Denver when Carson Palmer was sitting on his couch.

Caseyguyrr
01-08-2012, 04:22 PM
i could really care less

The Bad Guy
01-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Because he wasn't.

So his inability to get along with assistants, sideline demeanor and inability to actually beat teams with a winning record is someone else's fault?

Haley was a great fluff head coach. However, there was absolutely no substance to him. He'll never get another HC job. Ever.

kcxiv
01-08-2012, 04:39 PM
ANYONE would be a bad hire if you dont have a qb. It doesnt matter who the coach is, no good qb, then as a coach your going to fail.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 04:43 PM
So his inability to get along with assistants, sideline demeanor and inability to actually beat teams with a winning record is someone else's fault?

Haley was a great fluff head coach. However, there was absolutely no substance to him. He'll never get another HC job. Ever.

Yes.

It seems pretty apparent that Pioli jammed coordinators he didn't want down his throat. Haley handled that like a child, but Pioli has an obligation to at least try to get a guy they mutually wanted. Thing is, Haley didn't pout when Whisenhunt didn't give him full playcalling responsibility. And Whisenhunt obviously loves the guy and it looks like he wants to re-hire him, so bologna to the idea that he can't work with anybody. The only guy he proved he can't work with is Weis.

As for everything else, we couldn't beat winning teams because we didn't have talent to beat winning teams. And that starts with the QB.

He deserved to get fired. But I still believe that if he worked with a less toxic front office, he would have gotten much better results.

Simplicity
01-08-2012, 04:46 PM
Why?????????

Agent V
01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
I don't think you can defend Haley at all after both the Palko decision and the formations on third down against the Jets.

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 05:09 PM

The bottom line is winning.

Something we won't do without a QB - whether or not Haley is here has nothing to do with it.

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes.

It seems pretty apparent that Pioli jammed coordinators he didn't want down his throat. Haley handled that like a child, but Pioli has an obligation to at least try to get a guy they mutually wanted. Thing is, Haley didn't pout when Whisenhunt didn't give him full playcalling responsibility. And Whisenhunt obviously loves the guy and it looks like he wants to re-hire him, so bologna to the idea that he can't work with anybody. The only guy he proved he can't work with is Weis.

As for everything else, we couldn't beat winning teams because we didn't have talent to beat winning teams. And that starts with the QB.

He deserved to get fired. But I still believe that if he worked with a less toxic front office, he would have gotten much better results.

This.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2012, 05:32 PM
I can tell you this with 100% confidence, Pioli never forced a single coach on Haley during the 3 years.

Weis and Romeo were both Haley's calls. Not Pioli. Pioli supported the idea, but it was Haley that wanted them.

DeezNutz
01-08-2012, 05:55 PM
I don't understand why we have to try to mythologize the guy and make a shit ton of excuses for him. The truth is that Haley was an abysmal HC; it really is that simple.

ArrowheadMagic
01-08-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't understand why we have to try to mythologize the guy and make a shit ton of excuses for him. The truth is that Haley was an abysmal HC; it really is that simple.

this

htismaqe
01-08-2012, 05:59 PM
I can tell you this with 100% confidence, Pioli never forced a single coach on Haley during the 3 years.

Weis and Romeo were both Haley's calls. Not Pioli. Pioli supported the idea, but it was Haley that wanted them.

Haley is continually criticized for "not getting along" with Gailey.

Gailey absolutely WAS forced on him - sure Clark "asked" for Haley to give Chan a chance but be realistic. What was a first-time head coach going to tell his new boss, no?

Let's just be honest about things. Haley was a terrible coach. And he was hired by a front office that has to have a near perfect offseason at this point to prove that they're not terrible as well.

FringeNC
01-08-2012, 06:20 PM

That's at odds with what Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports tweeted. IIRC, he indicated that Pioli forced Weis on Haley, and on top of that, once Weis got here, he thought Cassel was such dog crap he didn't work with him, and left it to Haley to be QB coach.

CoMoChief
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Actually, none of us really know if coaches were forced upon Haley or not. Maybe Gailey but that assumption can be made just because he was left over from the previous regime. What we all do know is that Haley's ego got a major boost after riding Fitz and Warner's coat tails in ARZ, and he brought that to KC. I do think that Cassel was forced upon him. I honestly can't think of scenario where Haley came into KC and said "We need to give up a 2nd pick to get Matt Cassel". That was a 150% Pioli move. But as far as coaches, I just think Haley had a huge problem with delegating and had a little too much on his plate. He was never able to get his hand out of the playcalling cookie jar, and would piss, moan, cuss, and bitch at his coaches about it on the sidelines during games, as if there wasn't enough chaos on the sidelines already. At times he acted like a child. I just don't think he was at all ready to be an NFL coach. Trying to be a hardass like Parcells often doesn't work too well in today's NFL, which is pretty much what got him fired.

chiefzilla1501
01-08-2012, 06:34 PM

I don't think anybody's mythologizing the guy.

It's just against points like yours that say the guy is terrible. I thought he was a decent coach in KC, with some significant flaws. Many of those flaws may not have been flaws with a different front office. Many of those flaws could have been correctable over time.

But what we do know is that he was crippled by a lousy QB that was forced on to him, he didn't get much personnel support from the front office, and he was a part of a front office that's very controlling. I would have liked to have seen him grow unimpeded and see if he could correct those things, especially with a better QB. YOu have to be able to deal with bad situations, but you also have to recognize a bad situation when it presents itself.

BossChief
01-08-2012, 06:51 PM
That's at odds with what Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports tweeted. IIRC, he indicated that Pioli forced Weis on Haley, and on top of that, once Weis got here, he thought Cassel was such dog crap he didn't work with him, and left it to Haley to be QB coach.

This

Robinson had first hand knowledge of the situation, too. Iirc

Mr. Laz
01-08-2012, 07:31 PM
sounds like something a draftubator would make up

Just how in hell does Robinson know what is happening inside Arrowhead when Pioli keeps it on lockdown like fort knox?

Amazingly the guy that posted it on SportNation has the same exact avatar as the guy who posted it here. ( http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=115&f=1837&t=8427851&p=1 )

Every story i found about it eventually gets linked back to the same tweet by the same guy.

Mr. Laz
01-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Robinson had first hand knowledge of the situation, too. Iirc

link

The Bad Guy
01-08-2012, 07:35 PM

It's not what i was told, but Robinson has just about better sources than anyone so I'll trust what he said.

JCharles1981
01-08-2012, 07:35 PM

Fisher never did better than 8-8 as a head coach, and you think he's better than Haley? Fisher went 8-8 twice with almost all of his team's starters, while Haley went 10-6 last year with every Chiefs player being healthy. I imagine it might have been the same this year had Eric Berry, Tony Moeaki, and Jamaal Charles had not been injured the entire season.

Rams Fan
01-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Fisher never did better than 8-8 as a head coach, and you think he's better than Haley?

He went 13-3 three times.

Marcellus
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
sounds like something a draftubator would make up

Just how in hell does Robinson know what is happening inside Arrowhead when Pioli keeps it on lockdown like fort knox?

LMAO, this place is full of people including you, who think they know what is going on at One Arrowhead Drive so how you can even use that argument is the most ironic thing ever posted on CP and that's saying something.

LMAO

You have told me you know exactly what Muir is doing and thinking while being OC. LMAO

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-08-2012, 07:51 PM
CharlesRobinson Charles Robinson
Both Haley & Pioli have reps for wearing on those who work for/with them. Joining them was like storing matches w/ dynamite. Inevitable.
12 Dec

Bottom line, both Haley and Pioli have tremendous egos. They were going to end up resenting each other and struggling over credit/blame.
12 Dec

Charlie Weis hire was second crack. It's a miracle Weis & Todd Haley didn't kill each other. Repeatedly sparred on Matt Cassel's development
12 Dec

Todd Haley was never 100-percent on Tyson Jackson pick. He wanted best player available, not a system D-end. & he wasn't good at hiding it.
12 Dec

Todd Haley's departure in KC no surprise. You could see early on this wasn't a marriage made to last. First crack was Tyson Jackson pick.

That's part of why Weis left after 2010. Haley couldn't coexist w/ him. Nor was Haley happy Weis was getting credit 4 Haley's work w/ Cassel
12 Dec

Cassel did not excel under Weis. That coaching job was done by Haley. Weis washed his hands of Cassel's development very early.
12 Dec

Then when Cassel started making strides in 2010, and Weis was getting credit for it in the media, it drove Haley nuts. And Weis had to go.
12 Dec

After arguing with Haley, Weis washed his hands of Cassel's development in early in 2010 & Haley took over those duties.

Local take that Weis was in Cassel's corner and Haley wasn't is completely false. That's a myth perpetuated to undercut Haley at the end.

Marcellus
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Both Haley & Pioli have reps for wearing on those who work for/with them. Joining them was like storing matches w/ dynamite. Inevitable.
12 Dec

Bottom line, both Haley and Pioli have tremendous egos. They were going to end up resenting each other and struggling over credit/blame.
12 Dec

Charlie Weis hire was second crack. It's a miracle Weis & Todd Haley didn't kill each other. Repeatedly sparred on Matt Cassel's development
12 Dec

Todd Haley was never 100-percent on Tyson Jackson pick. He wanted best player available, not a system D-end. & he wasn't good at hiding it.
12 Dec

Todd Haley's departure in KC no surprise. You could see early on this wasn't a marriage made to last. First crack was Tyson Jackson pick.

That's part of why Weis left after 2010. Haley couldn't coexist w/ him. Nor was Haley happy Weis was getting credit 4 Haley's work w/ Cassel
12 Dec

Cassel did not excel under Weis. That coaching job was done by Haley. Weis washed his hands of Cassel's development very early.
12 Dec

Then when Cassel started making strides in 2010, and Weis was getting credit for it in the media, it drove Haley nuts. And Weis had to go.
12 Dec

After arguing with Haley, Weis washed his hands of Cassel's development in early in 2010 & Haley took over those duties.

Local take that Weis was in Cassel's corner and Haley wasn't is completely false. That's a myth perpetuated to undercut Haley at the end.

The funniest part of all of this is CP was sure Weis was the reason for Cassel's success last year and blamed Haley for running off Weis as the main reason Cassel stepped back this year.

From everything I can see so far, CP doesn't know shit about football.

Teams we should be emulating per CP like Atlanta, The Jets, and Bucs either suck or still can't win a playoff game just like KC.

Royal Fanatic
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM
12 Dec

12 Dec

12 Dec

12 Dec

12 Dec

12 Dec

12 Dec

I call bullshit on this. It doesn't ring true because (1) Cassel played his best football when Weis was here, (2) Cassel turned to shit immediately after Weis announced that he was leaving, (3) Haley and Cassel never got along, and (4) Weis and Cassel got along great. Cassel sent Weis a text message congratulating him when Weis got the head coaching job at KU.

This sounds a lot more like revisionist history, and I would bet anything that Todd Haley was Charles Robinson's "source".

It just doesn't ring true.

FringeNC
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Interesting minor point is that Weis evidently thought Cassel couldn't play...I wonder how many insiders have told Pioli similar things about Cassel, yet Pioli won't listen.

vASILII
01-08-2012, 08:12 PM
It is not fair

Deberg_1990
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
I call bullshit on this. It doesn't ring true because (1) Cassel played his best football when Weis was here, (2) Cassel turned to shit immediately after Weis announced that he was leaving, (3) Haley and Cassel never got along, and (4) Weis and Cassel got along great. Cassel sent Weis a text message congratulating him when Weis got the head coaching job at KU.

This sounds a lot more like revisionist history, and I would bet anything that Todd Haley was Charles Robinson's "source".

It just doesn't ring true.

Agree 100%. Cassel and the offense was really only good And consistent under Weis. The offense and Cassel sucked in 09 and 11 when Haley ran the O. iMO, Haley is a piece of crap that is unable to develop QBs, and extremely immature.

Titty Meat
01-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Speaking of Haley: Wasn't he an advocate of taking away the safety coverage vs Tebow and instead stacking an extra man in the box? Worked well for Pittsburgh today.

The Bad Guy
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Interesting minor point is that Weis evidently thought Cassel couldn't play...I wonder how many insiders have told Pioli similar things about Cassel, yet Pioli won't listen.

Which is incredible due to the fact that Pioli and BB were going to cut Cassel in 2008 if Kevin O'Connell showed anything in training camp.

He was literally one of the last people chosen for the team. Matt Guiterrez outplayed him badly in 08 preseason.

ShowtimeSBMVP
01-11-2012, 07:46 PM
@JennyVrentas Jenny Vrentas
Todd Haley is arriving in New Jersey this evening; he will visit with the Jets tomorrow, per source. # nyj

If haley gets the job think the jets make a play for bowe?

O.city
01-11-2012, 07:52 PM
Throw Haley into that toxic environment. WoW

I hope they get the Hard Knocks in there again. Shits goin down.

Titty Meat
01-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Todd Haley is arriving in New Jersey this evening; he will visit with the Jets tomorrow, per source. # nyj

They just gave Holmes 50 mil so I doubt it.

O.city
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
I'd venture to say if Bowe gets outta KC, he might end up in NE. Just a guess.

memyselfI
01-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Throw Haley into that toxic environment. WoW

I hope they get the Hard Knocks in there again. Shits goin down.

Could be the NFL version of "Real Housewives" LOLOLOL

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2012, 09:58 PM
Agree 100%. Cassel and the offense was really only good And consistent under Weis. The offense and Cassel sucked in 09 and 11 when Haley ran the O. iMO, Haley is a piece of crap that is unable to develop QBs, and extremely immature.

Awesome. I suppose this means Cassel is actually a good QB. :rolleyes:

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Knowing the Chiefs awesome luck, Haley will coach Sanchez into a superstar.

Chief Roundup
01-11-2012, 10:35 PM

What job is he getting or trying to get there? Since the Jets already hired Sparano as the OC.

ChiefsCountry
01-11-2012, 10:40 PM
What job is he getting or trying to get there? Since the Jets already hired Sparano as the OC.

I would assume the roles what they did in Dallas. Sparano ran the run offense and Haley ran the pass offense.

BigMeatballDave
01-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Knowing the Chiefs awesome luck, Haley will coach Sanchez into a superstar.

That would be fun to watch unfold here.

philfree
01-11-2012, 10:52 PM

He's going to be the WRs coach maybe. His job could be to coach S. Holmes.:hmmm: