PDA

View Full Version : Life RIP Kim Setty Long time KWCH Wichita News Anchor

Gracie Dean
01-05-2012, 06:54 PM
KWCH Remembers Anchor Kim Setty
by Chad Cross, News Director

Funeral services for longtime KWCH anchor Kim Setty have been announced. She died Wednesday night after a six year battle with cancer. She was 47.

Kim's funeral for family, friends and co-workers is this Monday, January 9th at 10:00am. It will be held at Riverside Christian Church, located at 1001 N. Litchfield Ave. in Wichita.

Visitation which is open to the public, is this Friday afternoon through Sunday evening. Kim's family will be present Sunday 4:00-5:00pm. The public viewing is at Resthaven, located at 11800 West Kellogg.

Kim shared 24 years with the people who work at KWCH and those who watched her on air. In that time, she balanced dedication to her job and devotion to her family; she balanced the gravity, and comedy, of working in the news business; and, while battling breast cancer in the public eye, she balanced fighting for her life and keeping normalcy in her family's life.

www.kwch.com

Gracie Dean
01-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I liked her series "Does It Work" where she would have people test out the latest gadget and report on TV real demonstrations of them working or not.

She was a courageous and strong woman!

LiveSteam
01-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Obviously she will be missed

Mr. Arrowhead
01-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Dang, she has always been on the news, I remember watching her during my child hood. 47 is way too early to go

Lumpy
01-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Dang, she has always been on the news, I remember watching her during my child hood. 47 is way too early to go

Same here. :(

RIP, Kim.

Gracie Dean
01-06-2012, 08:01 PM

she was so very brave. She had been fighting it since 2005. I was watching the news from a hospital bed when she went "off air" for the last time. I thought she would beat it.

She fought hard but apparently the cancer was very aggressive. RIP and prayers for her family.

Braincase
01-06-2012, 09:48 PM
My sympathies to her family.

memyselfI
01-07-2012, 08:00 AM
Sad. RIP and prayers to her family.