PDA

View Full Version : Football Fball recruit chooses Bama, Mom not happy

KevB
01-06-2012, 12:14 AM
I can't fathom a mother acting like this

Mom of the Year (http://deadspin.com/5873606/)

pr_capone
01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
**** her. Seriously. What a raging |Zach|.

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2012, 12:23 AM
**** her. Seriously. What a raging |Zach|.I guess I didn't see that at all. She had a different opinion of what would be best for her son. That happens as a parent. I don't think it means she won't continue to support him.

Trevo_410
01-06-2012, 12:25 AM
nice story, that'd have to be embarrassing for collins though to have his mom just sit there in disgust the second he makes one of the biggest decisions in his life..

When i have a son, and he grows up and has a decision of what school he wants to go to and it comes down to Mizzou vs. kU...(assuming I would even care by then and alsoill make sure to get him straight when he's younger so he has no interest) If he picks kU I would show him as much support as possible for that decision... you here about this story all the time and rarely does it include the parents outcasting there childs over it like that

Discuss Thrower
01-06-2012, 12:29 AM
nice story, that'd have to be embarrassing for collins though to have his mom just sit there in disgust the second he makes one of the biggest decisions in his life..

When i have a son, and he grows up and has a decision of what school he wants to go to and it comes down to Mizzou vs. kU...(assuming I would even care by then and alsoill make sure to get him straight when he's younger so he has no interest) If he picks kU I would show him as much support as possible for that decision... you here about this story all the time and rarely does it include the parents outcasting there childs over it like that

I mean if your kid chose to go to a mid-major that's kind of admirable...

Trevo_410
01-06-2012, 12:31 AM
ahh speaking of SEC, Michael Dyer just requested a transfer from Auburn Today(yesterday)... strange...

kcxiv
01-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I dont see a big issue. They are all fans of LSU it looked like. So his mom doesnt like Bama. Im sure she's gonna root for her son. So she's not excited about his choice? Doesnt mean she dont love him. Not a big deal imo.

pr_capone
01-06-2012, 12:34 AM
I guess I didn't see that at all. She had a different opinion of what would be best for her son. That happens as a parent. I don't think it means she won't continue to support him.

Yeah... but you don't punk your kid on national tv like that. Support him and his decision to play for good D1 program in a major conference where *HE* feels comfortable with the coaching staff.

Bitch just marred the memory of one of the biggest decisions of his life.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
01-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Or maybe she just wanted him to stay close to home... Not that Tuscaloosa is that far away, but yeah

Phobia
01-06-2012, 12:48 AM
That's something that a healthy family would have hashed out in advance. The woman had absolutely no right to do that to him in that venue. She looked to be about 33 which might explain her immaturity but it doesn't excuse it. Familia before school loyalty. Good grief.

Abba-Dabba
01-06-2012, 12:54 AM
It's plainly obvious the kid just wants some breathing room away from the old gold digger.

Abba-Dabba
01-06-2012, 12:55 AM
And let's not fool ourselves either. LSU probably offered her the better package.

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2012, 12:56 AM
Sounds like LSU was going to pay her more for her kid to attend and play there.

01-06-2012, 01:03 AM
First of all, I hate that high school students get national attention like that. Second, that mother is horrible to do that to him on national TV.

The whole thing is just plain embarrassing.

Kyle DeLexus
01-06-2012, 01:04 AM
That's something that a healthy family would have hashed out in advance. The woman had absolutely no right to do that to him in that venue. She looked to be about 33 which might explain her immaturity but it doesn't excuse it. Familia before school loyalty. Good grief.

She probably just lost a new house or car because of this decision, so I don't blame her for being upset.

Phobia
01-06-2012, 01:07 AM
She probably just lost a new house or car because of this decision, so I don't blame her for being upset.

That's entirely possible. Familia before cars, houses, or school loyalty.

beach tribe
01-06-2012, 02:08 AM
It's plainly obvious the kid just wants some breathing room away from the old gold digger.

Yup. 100 bucks says he chose Bamy cause' she wouldn't be down the street.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2012, 02:10 AM
Nice hair, too.

Hootie
01-06-2012, 02:35 AM
that wasn't as bad as I was expecting

Phobia
01-06-2012, 02:37 AM

No? How is your parental support? Don't mean that to be attacking either. I thought it was awful from her - especially to an 18 year old kid.

Hammock Parties
01-06-2012, 02:41 AM

Imagine if you are 18 years old, and you're about to experience the greatest moment of your life on national television.

And your mom makes it all about her.

It's pretty fucking bad.

Hootie
01-06-2012, 02:42 AM
No? How is your parental support? Don't mean that to be attacking either. I thought it was awful from her - especially to an 18 year old kid.

well my mom and dad would never do that...

People aren't real enough on this board. There is a big difference between us on this board (middle class white people) and that black teenage athlete with his mother present (and no father)...

It is what it is. The parenting is like that, some of those mothers are TREMENDOUS, AMAZING mothers but they don't coddle their kids like white parents do. He made a choice she disagreed with and she let him know, I'm sure he's dealt with that his whole life.

You and I can't put ourselves in that mother's or that child's shoes. Different upbringings, but somehow people on this site don't understand that...

and blah blah blah, racist racist racist

I interact with more minorities on a daily basis than anyone on this site, the only dudes I even like or hang out with after work are all black dudes so people can keep calling me racist I don't really care, I just like to call them how I see them.

Hootie
01-06-2012, 02:45 AM
Imagine if you are 18 years old, and you're about to experience the greatest moment of your life on national television.

And your mom makes it all about her.

It's pretty ****ing bad.

I've had nice girlfriends I really liked and introduced them to family and didn't get a positive reaction...

Such is life.

alnorth
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Forget the mom, why in the holy hell is ESPN giving this kid a platform? I know bama and LSU super-fans who follow recruiting are interested, but is this really in everyone's best interest to put a high school kid on TV like that?

Hammock Parties
I've had nice girlfriends I really liked and introduced them to family and didn't get a positive reaction...

Such is life.

That's a girlfriend.

This is this guy's whole life, pretty much. He's the top recruit at his position.

Hammock Parties
Forget the mom, why in the holy hell is ESPN giving this kid a platform? I know bama and LSU super-fans who follow recruiting are interested, but is this really in everyone's best interest to put a high school kid on TV like that?

Just another way to sell advertising.

Hootie
01-06-2012, 02:54 AM
That's a girlfriend.

This is this guy's whole life, pretty much. He's the top recruit at his position.

well I'm pretty sure, Clay, that if he is what everyone thinks he is he'd be just fine going to LSU or Alabama...those two schools churn out pros like crazy.

So it's not like he's really worried about it...I don't understand the big deal? I bet he wasn't offended one bit, and OBVIOUSLY he knew his mom didn't want him to go to 'Bama so I'm sure he wasn't expecting some sort of celebration out of her when he chose his school...

I honestly don't give a shit...this is my last post in this thread because I really don't care. I was just expecting some 'over the top' video like that crazy McDonald's video where that felon started going gung ho on those crazy bitches who jumped the counter on him...so when the video ended, I was like...'ok?'

that's it, that's all...don't care, don't care!

=)

Hammock Parties
01-06-2012, 03:01 AM
He probably doesn't care.

But it's still a shitty thing for his mother to do.

Abba-Dabba
01-06-2012, 03:59 AM
People aren't real enough on this board. There is a big difference between us on this board (middle class white people) and that black teenage athlete with his mother present (and no father)...

I interact with more minorities on a daily basis than anyone on this site, the only dudes I even like or hang out with after work are all black dudes so people can keep calling me racist I don't really care, I just like to call them how I see them.

I just love these two things.

One could take the impression that Hootie believes black people don't have the internet, only middle class white folks. And pulling the I interact with more minorities card as well. So he feels their pain because he wears a hat with a flat brim. I'm not here to judge though. Just keep on keepin on, white boy.

MMXcalibur
01-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Forget high school, let me see who the top pee-wee recruits are. Never too soon to prepare for the 2025 Draft!

Baby Lee
01-06-2012, 06:51 AM

Under Armour $$

Spott
01-06-2012, 07:30 AM
She told her son a thousand times that Auburn pays more, but he just wouldn't listen.

kcxiv
01-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Forget high school, let me see who the top pee-wee recruits are. Never too soon to prepare for the 2025 Draft!
My nephew played in cowyboys stadium for some all star game last week and one of the rutgers coaches wanted to keep tabs on my nephew and hes 13. They are there too.

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2012, 07:36 AM
My nephew played in cowyboys stadium for some all star game last week and one of the rutgers coaches wanted to keep tabs on my nephew and hes 13. They are there too.

What position does he play?

Pasta Little Brioni
01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Sounds like LSU was going to pay her more for her kid to attend and play there.

They don't call it the $EC for nothing.

eazyb81
01-06-2012, 07:47 AM
Supposedly his GF is the one that helped steer him to Bama.

If this was my HS GF I probably would be easily swayed too.

http://i42.tinypic.com/veyt11.jpg

TheGuardian
01-06-2012, 07:48 AM
Then he's even dumber than I thought. If he let a chic steer him in a direction then he's an idiot. He won't be with 3 weeks after arriving at college.

Jenson71
01-06-2012, 07:55 AM
She's hot.

DaKCMan AP
01-06-2012, 08:06 AM
It'll be interesting to see if mom sways him by NSD.

Dayze
01-06-2012, 08:21 AM
I'm sure the mom won't care that he went to Bama when he's drafted into the NFL and she gets her 6000 sq ft house paid for free and clear.

CaliforniaChief
01-06-2012, 08:30 AM
As a parent, I would never publicly demonstrate my displeasure with that decision. I'd have my conversations with him and as a family in private and then when he announces his choice, I'd do nothing to detract from this moment.

This mom is a total drama queen.

Phobia
01-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm sure the mom won't care that he went to Bama when he's drafted into the NFL and she gets her 6000 sq ft house paid for free and clear.

Long, long, long way to go from blue-chip recruit to the NFL.

There are 10,000 Div 1 college scholarship players at any time. Roughly 250 get drafted every year. Less than half of those make an NFL roster past 2 years. Only the top 20% or so make enough money to go out and buy momma a mansion.

Dayze
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM

There are 10,000 Div 1 college scholarship players at any time. Roughly 250 get drafted every year. Less than half of those make an NFL roster past 2 years. Only the top 20% or so make enough money to go out and buy momma a mansion.

yeah; just saying 'if' he were drafted and succeeded etc, I'm sure she wouldn't mind the new house etc.

I probably should've worded it differently.
:thumb:

HemiEd
01-06-2012, 09:30 AM

this, he wants to have some fun.

Epic Fail 007
01-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Stupid bitch fuck her,what the hell dose she care she is just waiting till the day she can dig in his pockets.Like the majority of mothers of athletes.

Pants
01-06-2012, 09:56 AM

I here there childs are real smart in Missouri. LMAO

Phobia
01-06-2012, 10:02 AM
yeah; just saying 'if' he were drafted and succeeded etc, I'm sure she wouldn't mind the new house etc.

I probably should've worded it differently.
:thumb:
Yeah. I probably should have just not acted like a know-it-all too.

Mr. Plow
01-06-2012, 10:12 AM
Yeah. I probably should have just not acted like a know-it-all too.

But then how would you be Phobia?

:p

Phobia
01-06-2012, 10:27 AM
But then how would you be Phobia?

:p

Stop acting like you know more than me, dick.

Mr. Plow
01-06-2012, 10:32 AM
Stop acting like you know more than me, dick.

There is one thing I know, and that's.....what was it again?

Mr. Kotter
01-06-2012, 10:55 AM
And let's not fool ourselves either. LSU probably offered her the better package.

heh. That's what I was thinking.

Dave Lane
01-06-2012, 10:56 AM
**** her. Seriously. What a raging |Zach|.

Hey you leave |Smack| alone, dude maybe creepy and weird as fuck but he's alright in my book and I'll defend that little creeper till the end!

|Smack| for ever!!!!!!!

Dave Lane
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I can't fathom a mother acting like this

Mom of the Year (http://deadspin.com/5873606/)

If your son choose the Raiders over the Chiefs what would your reaction be?

Phobia
01-06-2012, 11:00 AM

If I had a son and he played for the Raiders, I'd wear his jersey all over town. Some things are bigger than football fandom.

KevB
01-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Supposedly his GF is the one that helped steer him to Bama.

If this was my HS GF I probably would be easily swayed too.

http://i42.tinypic.com/veyt11.jpg

Ohhhh, that would explain the reaction. Son chose girlfriend over mom in mom's eyes. Still completely selfish of the mother. Your son just made a decision to attend one of the best schools in the nation, with a top football program. If your love is unconditional, as it should be as a parent, how could you not be happy for him?

Dr. Johnny Fever
01-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I found that quite funny.

QuikSsurfer
01-06-2012, 11:45 AM
I dont see a big issue. They are all fans of LSU it looked like. So his mom doesnt like Bama. Im sure she's gonna root for her son. So she's not excited about his choice? Doesnt mean she dont love him. Not a big deal imo.

She acted like that during her child's "moment" on national tv.. yeah, there's something wrong with that.. I'd be embarrassed.
And it's my understanding that these kids committed before this game -- so family had plenty of time to get this disgust out of the way before they get on the field and in front of the camera.

Frazod
01-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I assume this is the southern equlivalent of a top-ranked kid from Missouri signing with KU. If it was my kid, I'd disown the little bastard, but I wouldn't do it with the cameras rolling.

Pitt Gorilla
01-06-2012, 12:00 PM
It's plainly obvious the kid just wants some breathing room away from the old gold digger.Why do people think she's a "gold digger"? Is that how you refer to your mom?

Mr. Plow
01-06-2012, 12:28 PM
I assume this is the southern equlivalent of a top-ranked kid from Missouri signing with KU. If it was my kid, I'd disown the little bastard, but I wouldn't do it with the cameras rolling.

Ben McLemore?

pr_capone
01-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Hey you leave |Smack| alone, dude maybe creepy and weird as **** but he's alright in my book and I'll defend that little creeper till the end!

|Smack| for ever!!!!!!!

:LOL:

Abba-Dabba
01-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Why do people think she's a "gold digger"? Is that how you refer to your mom?

You'd have to ask my father about that.

DaKCMan AP
01-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Your son just made a decision to attend one of the best schools in the nation, with a top football program.

Alabama has a top football program, but it's not one of the best schools in the nation unless you cast a large net.

Setsuna
01-06-2012, 02:39 PM
She has every right to be upset. She carried that nigga in her womb for about 9 months (guessing here) and raised his ass for 18 years, and being a football player, I'm sure he ate a ton growing up and that meant more money spent on food. She feels betrayed because she, by herself, gave her life for his betterment and he chose the prima donna of the SEC in Bama. That university and its fans can go die in a fire.

Setsuna
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
If I had a son and he played for the Raiders, I'd wear his jersey all over town. Some things are bigger than football fandom.

You lying son of a bitch.

Radar Chief
01-06-2012, 02:47 PM

Beat the wife for making me raise someone else’s kid all those years.

Willie Lanier
01-06-2012, 03:08 PM

Just look at Myron Rolle... number 1 rated prospect in the ESPN top 150 regardless of position (and for a safety to get that honor is pretty special), a Rhodes scholar, and ZERO nfl career...

TheGuardian
01-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I think some of you are being stupid over this. She wanted her son to play at LSU instead of Bama. Big deal.

Shit I thought Archie Manning sounded like a fucking douche for saying he was going to pull for his son against the Saints. Peyton already had a ring. Archie was THE SAINT forever. It should have been the one time he pulled against his kid. It's just a game. Not life or death. JFC.

YourMult
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM
The bitch should be mad at LSU for not offering the kid as much cash as Alabama.

LocoChiefsFan
01-06-2012, 05:29 PM

This!!

Phobia
01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I think some of you are being stupid over this. She wanted her son to play at LSU instead of Bama. Big deal.

Shit I thought Archie Manning sounded like a ****ing douche for saying he was going to pull for his son against the Saints. Peyton already had a ring. Archie was THE SAINT forever. It should have been the one time he pulled against his kid. It's just a game. Not life or death. JFC.

Heh. Perfect illustration. Archie Manning - king douche.

I'd expect it's probably one thing to be a retiree of a team, the only heralded QB of that franchise up until Drew Brees, and gain appearance income derivative related to that relationship and then just be a fan of the program as this mother is...

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Its about state pride for some...if I have a kid, and the kid goes to MU :shake:...I would disown the little mother****er:grr::grr::facepalm:

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Its about state pride for some...if I have a kid, and the kid goes to MU :shake:...I would disown the little mother****er:grr::grr::facepalm:

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Thatguy makes a joke :doh!:

Honestly!!!!!!!!!!! :facepalm:

:LOL:This guy takes it serious...

I see why your location says "Far Beyond Comprehension"....:spock:

Tribal Warfare
01-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Thatguy makes a joke :doh!:

:LOL:This guy takes it serious...

I see why your location says "Far Beyond Comprehension"....:spock:

Again, I can't hear your inflection or see your facial expressions. I just have what I see which is your typed word

MahiMike
01-06-2012, 07:12 PM
Not so bad. I was expecting her to be all like, "ahhh HELL no!" and chit.

ThatRaceCardGuy
01-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Again, I can't hear your inflection or see your facial expressions. I just have what I see which is your typed word

Thats your bad bro...you should be more attentive :harumph:

TheGuardian
01-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Heh. Perfect illustration. Archie Manning - king douche.

I'd expect it's probably one thing to be a retiree of a team, the only heralded QB of that franchise up until Drew Brees, and gain appearance income derivative related to that relationship and then just be a fan of the program as this mother is...

So true.

I lost a ton of respect for Archie after that. Peyton already had a ring. The downtrodden franchise that adored Archie was FINALLY in a Super Bowl, and he was going to root for the other team? Classless IMO. If it were Peyton's first SB I would understand. It wasn't. It was douche of him.

Caseyguyrr
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
thats being a true fan

Rooster
01-06-2012, 10:17 PM

She looks like she is only about 28 herself.

Hootie
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
So true.

I lost a ton of respect for Archie after that. Peyton already had a ring. The downtrodden franchise that adored Archie was FINALLY in a Super Bowl, and he was going to root for the other team? Classless IMO. If it were Peyton's first SB I would understand. It wasn't. It was douche of him.

you're not being truthful here, are you?

Xanathol
01-08-2012, 12:15 AM
The word is that Collins lied to his parents - telling them, even other players there, he was choosing LSU. Why? To get them to go - on Jan 1st, after his girlfriend ( of two months btw...) tweeted "I must not mean that much to you", LC tweets that his mom is not going to be there.

Why? Because the only reason he is going is because of the girl. The girl's mom is the Dutchtown girl's basketball coach and is pissed because she didn't get a position n Nicki Cadwell's staff @ LSU as an assistant. Her daughter managed to get a scholarship to Bama that is supposedly tied to her becoming a hostess on campus, complete with new rumors floating around about a car ( who knows on that though... ). LC stated he made the choice two years ago, but per his girl's own tweets, the decision was made a month ago ( ie. he's just trying to save face from being pussy whipped ).

The whole reason the entire family ( father included, despite what the Bama boards state ) was pissed is because (1) he lied to them and (2) he's making his college choice based on two month old pussy. I've seen firsthand how shit like that ends and its not good. As a parent, I would react the same way, if not worse. The kids are too stupid to make these choices all on their own - LC being a case in point. The pussy has control over him.

Phobia
01-08-2012, 12:56 AM
The word is that Collins lied to his parents - telling them, even other players there, he was choosing LSU. Why? To get them to go - on Jan 1st, after his girlfriend ( of two months btw...) tweeted "I must not mean that much to you", LC tweets that his mom is not going to be there.

Why? Because the only reason he is going is because of the girl. The girl's mom is the Dutchtown girl's basketball coach and is pissed because she didn't get a position n Nicki Cadwell's staff @ LSU as an assistant. Her daughter managed to get a scholarship to Bama that is supposedly tied to her becoming a hostess on campus, complete with new rumors floating around about a car ( who knows on that though... ). LC stated he made the choice two years ago, but per his girl's own tweets, the decision was made a month ago ( ie. he's just trying to save face from being pussy whipped ).

The whole reason the entire family ( father included, despite what the Bama boards state ) was pissed is because (1) he lied to them and (2) he's making his college choice based on two month old pussy. I've seen firsthand how shit like that ends and its not good. As a parent, I would react the same way, if not worse. The kids are too stupid to make these choices all on their own - LC being a case in point. The pussy has control over him.

Heh. I wish I had learned over a stupid college choice. I learned 2 kids later... If only it had been Bama over LSU.